Resolutions 17: SliceMan and MachMan

Welcome! Thank you for participating in the Donation Drive by offering your resolutions. I hope you two will encourage each other to be your best in times to come!

-Holly.EXE

((Post here only if your navi's name is in the title. To be eligible for FXP once the event's over, you will need to post at least twice: once to set up your navi's resolution and an example this year that shows they need to make this resolution, and then a second with your navi's encouragement to their BBS partner. The threads will remain open until around January 15th. You're free to back and forth as much as you'd like until that time! Note also that this is a BBS thread, so your navis are not going to be physically meeting. You may have them connect with video or such if you want, but they're not actually meeting in person.

For any questions, ask Aim. And have fun!))
H-Hello, my name's SliceMan. Um, I'm not sure exactly what this event is about, since my operator signed me up for this without really telling me much about it. I think I'm supposed to post a New Years' resolution? Right, h-here goes. Um, I work as a chef Navi, and I really love cooking. My resolution is to find the best new ingredient for my cooking and bring it to the next level! Before this I only had to work with really kind of low-quality ingredients, and I was really sad.

Because I was, um, a bit too scared to go out and find it by myself. They could've dulled my knives, and then I wouldn't have known what to do! Like, you know, once, there was a really famous Navi that came to the restaurant. And then he asked me to prepare my best dish. But I didn't have any good ingredients to use, and I just used whatever scrap data I had to work with, and he was really mad. And then he forced my operator to tell me to find my own ingredients. I was really scared! But then, you know? It turns out I'm much better at preparing live ingredients than pre-prepared ones!

Even though I still think I'm a bit sloppy at times, I'll keep working really hard so that Navis everywhere can see what it's like to enjoy food like humans do.

- SliceMan.EXE
Nice to meet you, SliceMan; I'm MachMan. It's nice to see Navis keep pursuing their aspirations, even after taking a few hits. It happens to the best of us, I've been around a while but I still run into mistakes and failures here and there, just keep driving forward!

That's actually a good segue to my own resolution: to keep driving forward. I've been hitting a lot of roadblocks recently, and have started to hesitate and overthink things, which seems to have dulled my own edge. I can't go into much detail, but people have been hurt by my hesitation, and important bridges burned from mistakes caused by overthinking. I've found myself in a leadership role, and recently I've started to doubt my own ability to lead. So I resolve to get better, faster, more capable.

Don't let fear stop you from pursuing your dreams, you might have a few hiccups and failures, but you'll never succeed if you don't take that chance. Where's your restaurant, by the way? I know Aera would love to try out your dishes, I bet even Vector would get a kick out of it, but I dunno how good of a judge he'd be...

-MachMan.EXE
Hmm... Leadership, huh. I don't know what kind of job you're in, but it sounds tough. Is it something like running a restaurant? Although, at least I know it gets hard to lead an operation when things get hectic; I've seen my operator almost buckle down during some lunch rushes. But he always just rolls his sleeves up, pumps up the cooks with one of his cool speeches and then gets down to work. Maybe you can try that too, after you've gotten stronger, faster, whatever!

Oh, right! The restaurant that I help run is "The Meat Hacker" in Netfrica. My operator, Norton Ramsay, runs the real world side, and I run the net world side, in the same area's network. We're still fixing up the net world restaurant half, but I'd be thrilled if you would drop by when we re-open. Everyone deserves to try some perfectly grilled Moloko steaks! Or something a little less lavish like Met stew.

- SliceMan.EXE
"I guess it's sort of similar to running a restaurant, but I have a fairly small "staff," and our "customers" aren't much of the paying type. I think your NetOp has the right mindset; I'm not very good at cool speeches, but I'll keep that in mind! It's always nice to have a NetOp who doesn't give up and has your back, I can speak from experience.

We'll definitely give your restaurant a visit, are you all close to reopening? If so we'll keep an eye for it online; Aera's peeking over my shoulder, and she's excited to try out your menu! Speaking of which, your menu seems to be mostly virus-based, and if you're looking for pointers to "prepare" live ingredients, I can give you some pointers if you'd like. I've been around a bit, and I'm more than happy to share some intel.

-Mach
Not... much of the paying type? I don't really understand. N-Never mind that, I'm just not too good at understanding anything except cooking. Ahaha! I'm very grateful for my operator for backing me up on that, though, yes. O-Oh, right! I'd be very grateful if you could teach me anything new! Always looking out for new and interesting ideas to add to the menu, after all. Virus-based dishes aren't all we have, though, they're just the ones that are highest in demand.

We'll probably be reopening quite soon. Do you have an email? I could send you a personal invitation to our pre-opening restaurant. E-Erm, that is, if my operator doesn't mind... Surely. I'll ask him.

- Slice (Do I shorten it like this?)
Glad to hear it, we look forward to the reopening! Feel free to drop us a line at M.Patrovski@PSAOM.org whenever you like, especially if you're looking for pointers with viruses!

-Mach
((MachMan and SliceMan get 8 FXP!))