Bloodsong House Rules

Ah, I see. I'll keep that in mind.

Yesterday was horrible, because I discovered that I wasted literally the entire day trying to come up with mechanics and a character only to fall flat three seperate times. The first time I didn't realize we were using a fixed point system, the second time I thought we weren't using any racial traits, and the third time I didn't realize we weren't allowed to use ogres. So yeah, my original idea was pretty much gunned down through a long and lengthy process that I'd originally intended only for revision. XP

I'll have to develop something new, I guess... I just feel like an idiot for wasting my entire day yesterday with the failure when I could have been doing something productive instead, or at least lazy and fun. >_>

[/angst]
Oh Aim, your failure fills me with an unbelievable amount of win. On a more serious note, I'd join but it is far too much work for a man lacking reference materials.
Wooga Damada
3 Rogue/ 3 Fighter
Alignment: Chaotic/ Neutral
Race: Human
Height: 6'1
Weight: 167

Stats:
Hit Points: 30
Str: 12 (+1)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 10 (0)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 14 (+2)
Speed: 30feet
Armor Class: 10 + 2(dex) + 5 = 17
Grapple mod: 3 +1(str)

Saving Throws:
Fort: 3 +2(con) = 5
Ref: 3 +2(dex) = 5
Will: 1 +1(wis) = 2

Skills (0points)
Appraise (Int) +1
Balance (Dex) +1
Bluff (Cha) +3
Climb (Str) +1
Craft (Int) +1
Decipher Script (Int) +1
Diplomacy (Cha) +1
Disable Device (Int) +1
Disguise (Cha) +4
Escape Artist (Dex) +1
Forgery (Int) +1
Gather Information (Cha) +6
Hide (Dex) +1
Intimidate (Cha) +1
Jump (Str) +1
Knowledge (local) (Int),
Listen (Wis),
Move Silently (Dex) +3
Open Lock (Dex) +2
Perform (Cha),
Profession (Wis),
Search (Int) +2
Sense Motive (Wis),
Sleight of Hand (Dex) +1
Spot (Wis) +1
Swim (Str) +1
Tumble (Dex),
Use Magic Device (Cha) +2
Use Rope (Dex) +2

Weapon:
Base Attack Bonus: 3
Glaive:Two Handed Melee, Dmg(s) 1d8, Dmg(m) 1d10, Critical: x3, Slashing

Feats
Skill Focus: You get a +3 bonus on all checks involving that skill.
Deceitful: You get a +2 bonus on all Disguise checks and Forgery checks.
Persuasive: You get a +2 bonus on all Bluff checks and Intimidate checks.

Fighter Bonus Feats:
Improved Unarmed Strike: Unarmed strikes can deal lethal or nonlethal damage, at your option.
Improved Initiative: You get a +4 bonus on initiative checks.

Class Abilities
Fighter:
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Simple and Martial Weapons, all Armor (Light, Medium, and Heavy), and shields including tower shields.

Rogue:
Evasion
Trap Sense
Trapfinding
Sneak Attack

Gear (63 lbs.)
390 gold
Glaive (10 lbs.)
Chainmail (40lbs)
Traveler's Outfit (5 lbs.)
Scabbard (0 lbs.)
Backpack (2 lbs.)
Bedroll (5 lbs.)
1 days rations (1 lb.)

Carrying Capacity:
Light Load: 43 lb. or less
Medium Load: 44-86 lb.
Heavy Load: 87-130 lb

Languages
Common

Appearance:
Wooga's face, has one large scar from the edge of his mouth, to his ear. Then from the ear to across his forehead, and it finally ends at his opposite ear. He has dark brown eyes, and a little bit bushy eyebrows. He has a small patch of hair on his chin, and it reaches up to his lower lip. His white hair, reaches down to his shoulders and flips out from the sides. He wears his bangs down, and they cover up his eyebrows. His chest is totally absent of hair, only because he uses his glaive to cut off the hair on his chest.
Basic:
Name: Grakas Cruld
Class: Barbarian / Fighter
Level: 3
Race: Half-Orc
Size: Medium
Alignment: True Neutral
Religion / Patron Deity: Gruumsh
Height: 6"3
Weight: 185 lbs.

Characteristics: Grakas has a long face with distinct features and a very low mouth and high nostrils. His eyes are slightly sunken with a menacing look, and his chin juts out sharply. Two fangs protrude from beneath his lower lip, and he often has a tight frown. Dark tattoos are present on his forearms, back, and face. His ears are tall with especially long lobes. He wears two long, elipsical rings in one of his ears that clink as he turns his head, but are surprising light. His hair is coarse and black, braided crudely. His shoulders are broad, but he is surprisingly lean for one with orcish blood. His weight is predominately distributed to his upper body around his chest to shoulders. He usually stands in a very proud, upright way. His skin has a very dark grey-brown tone to it. The blotchiness of his skin and the stretched-looking skin of his face make him unpopular with women.

Ability Mods and Stats:

HP = 39/39
STR = 18 [+4]
DEX = 12 [+1]
CON = 16 [+3]
INT = 10 [0]
WIS = 8 [-1]
CHA = 10 [0]
Speed: 30 Feet
Initiative Mod = +1
Grapple Mod = 7

Weapons:
Base Attack Bonus = +3
Battle Axe = 7 Attack Bonus, 1d8, Critical x 3, Slashing
Bola = 7 Attack Bonus, 1d4 subdual, ×2 Critical 10 ft. range, Bludgeoning (trip without provoking AoO)

Saving Throws:
Fortitude = 6
Reflex = 2
Will = 0

Armor Class:
AC = 15
Touch AC =14

Skills (Mods of 0 omitted, bold = trained, *=class skills):
Autohypnosis = +1
Balance = +5
Climb* = +6
Concentration* = +5
Escape Artist = +1
Heal = -1
Hide = +1
Intimidate* = +1
Jump* = 5
Listen = -1
Move Silently = +1
Open Lock = +1
Profession = -1
Ride = +1
Sense Motive = -1
Sleight of Hand = +1
Spot = -1
Survival* = +2
Swim* = +5
Tumble = +5
Use Rope = +3

Features:
60 foot dark vision, function fine in darkness
+2 Bonus Feats
Illiteracy
Fast Movement
Rage (1/Day)
Uncanny Dodge
Trap Sense +1

Features (continued):

Fast Movement = A barbarian's land speed is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the barbarian's speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

Illiteracy = Barbarians are the only characters who do not automatically know how to read and write. A barbarian may spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read and write all languages he is able to speak.
A barbarian who gains a level in any other class automatically gains literacy. Any other character who gains a barbarian level does not lose the literacy he or she already had.

Rage = A barbarian can fly into a rage a certain number of times per day. In a rage, a barbarian temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase in Constitution increases the barbarian's hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are.) While raging, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character's (newly improved) Constitution modifier. A barbarian may prematurely end his rage. At the end of the rage, the barbarian loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can't charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter (unless he is a 17th-level barbarian, at which point this limitation no longer applies).
A barbarian can fly into a rage only once per encounter. At 1st level he can use his rage ability once per day. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, he can use it one additional time per day (to a maximum of six times per day at 20th level). Entering a rage takes no time itself, but a barbarian can do it only during his action, not in response to someone else's action.

Uncanny Dodge = At 2nd level, a barbarian retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. If a barbarian already has uncanny dodge from a different class, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Trap Sense + 1 = Starting at 3rd level, a barbarian gains a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps. These bonuses rise by +1 every three barbarian levels thereafter (6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th level). Trap sense bonuses gained from multiple classes stack.

Feats:

All Armor Proficiency = Only standard armor checks apply

Shield Proficiency = You can use a shield and take only the standard penalties

Simple Weapon Proficiency =You make attack rolls with simple weapons normally.

Martial Weapon Profieciency = You make attack rolls with martial weapons normally.

Exotic Weapon Proficiency = You make attack rolls with exotic weapons normally.

Endurance = You gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage, Constitution checks made to continue running, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march, Constitution checks made to hold your breath, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst, Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments, and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. Also, you may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.

Power Strike = On your action, before making attack rolls for a round, you may choose to subtract a number from all melee attack rolls and add the same number to all melee damage rolls. This number may not exceed your base attack bonus. The penalty on attacks and bonus on damage apply until your next turn. If you attack with a two-handed weapon, or with a one-handed weapon wielded in two hands, instead add twice the number subtracted from your attack rolls. You can't add the bonus from Power Attack to the damage dealt with a light weapon (except with unarmed strikes or natural weapon attacks), even though the penalty on attack rolls still applies. (Normally, you treat a double weapon as a one-handed weapon and a light weapon. If you choose to use a double weapon like a two-handed weapon, attacking with only one end of it in a round, you treat it as a two-handed weapon.)

(Bonus Feat) Cleave = If you deal a creature enough damage to make it drop (typically by dropping it to below 0 hit points or killing it), you get an immediate, extra melee attack against another creature within reach. You cannot take a 5-foot step before making this extra attack. The extra attack is with the same weapon and at the same bonus as the attack that dropped the previous creature. You can use this ability once per round.

(Bonus Feat) Sunder =When you strike at an object held or carried by an opponent (such as a weapon or shield), you do not provoke an attack of opportunity. You also gain a +4 bonus on any attack roll made to attack an object held or carried by another character.

Possessions:
- Battleaxe (6 lbs.)
- 2 bolas (4 lbs.)
- Chain shirt (25 lbs.)
- Light steel shield (6 lbs.)
- 228 gp, 2 sp
- Traveler's Outfit (5 lbs.)
- Scabbard (0 lbs.)
- Backpack (2 lbs.)
- Bedroll (5 lbs.)
- 1 days rations (1 lb.)
- 6 chunks of meat (3 lb.)
- 50 ft. Rope (Hempen) (10 lbs.)
- Flint and Steel (0 lbs.)

Carrying Capacity:
Currently used = Light w/ 66 lbs.
Total = Light w/100 lb. or less, Medium w/101-200 lb., Heavy w/ 201-300 lb.

Languages:
-Common
-Orc

Background: Grakas was born on the coast and raised among a civilized half-orc tribe known as the Cruld. The Cruld tribe has been in contact with the rest of civilization for far longer than many tribes, having an advantage of several decades, and thus has assimilated fairly well with the coastal culture. They are still, however, discriminated against as half-orcs wherever they travel, especially to the central plains. He is the son of a hunter, Wilorin Cruld, and Eilimita Cardorn, of a separate tribe.

Personality: Grakas himself, being the son of a hunter and a trader, knows well the hatred others bear for all orcish races. He has learned to cope with it far better than most of the same race, however, and manages to keep a very impartial view towards scorn from others. Grakas is generally very quiet and irritable, making a poor semblance of a leader or a conversational partner. He is, however, fairly competent for an ogre, but lacks most forms of modern knowledge outside of what is important to battle. He is a very focused fighter, capable of reserving his anger until it is necessary, but on the other hand, he lacks many dexterous skills, and has a hard time utilizing advanced strategy. He is untrusting of many other species and often makes it evident, but he is rarely unaccommodating to the point of violence. He is very reserved, but also dull-witted and poor at making decisions which require extensive thought.
Character I have so far. Neck hurts now, but I know the backstory.

HP:17
AC:3+3=16
Init:4+3=+7

Race: Elf
Diety: Fharlanghn
Alignment:True Neutral
Class:
Fighter/Rogue
Cleric/Fighter
Rogue/Cleric

Str:12
Dex:16
Con:8
Wis:15
Int:10
Chr:14

Attack Bonus:3
Melee: 4
Ranged: 6

Saving Throws:
Fort:4
Reflex:6
Will:6

Skill Points:42 total

Feats:2 Fighter 2 General
Improved Initiative
Exotic Weapon: BFC
Agile
Skill Focus

Focused Skills
Jump: (6)+2
Tumble++: (6)+8
Slight of Hand: (6)+3
Hide: (5)+3
Almost Focused
Heal:(4)+2
Diplomacy:(4)+2
Spot(2)+4
Listen(2)+4
Search(0)+2
Disable Device(1)
Religon(1)
Move Silently(1)
Survival(4)

Starting Gold: 480 Total
BFC: 2d8 Damage 16 Lbs
50 Bolts 5 lbs
Studded Leather Armor 20 lbs
5 Daggers 1d4 5 lbs
1 Quarterstaff 1d6 4 lbs
Total:43 (If only 20 shots on person)

Backpack 2 lb
Sleep-Roll 3 lb
Blanket 1 lb
Tent(small) 10 lbs
Healers Kit 1 lb
Thieves tools 1 lb
Uncommon Travelers Outfit 4 lbs
Prayer Book
Ink and Pen
Flint
Waterskin 1
Silk Rope 5 lbs
Secondary: 30 Lbs

Total Weight: 73 Lbs

250 Total Remaining (gave away remainder to random folk)

Class Abilities
Sneak Attack +1D6
Evasion

Traveller Domain(Can ignore confinement magically 1 round/day per level)
Celerity Domain(+10 base speed)

4 0 Level Spells Per day
4 1st Level Spells Per day (1 from domain)

**Flaw/Benefit Needs approval
Can only gain Domain spell while on a road.
Prayer time for spells is whenever travelling
Do you mean that you don't have to spend the hour praying for spells every mornign if you're on the road?
I mean that instead of having a specific time to restore spells(usually would be after I wake up), I can restore spells during any period of time where I am travelling, while I am travelling. Normal time costs are incurred, as well as the normal delays required between using a spell and restoring another in the slot, though if I wish to memorize a currently unused spell slot as per standard rules I can do so taking the normal amount of time. The rules for this are that a smaller portion of your spells may be memorized taking an equal portion of your time(out of 1 hour), however it must always take a minimum of 15 minutes.

Travelling for the purposes of this counts as continuous movement at standard walking speed without back-tracking and without interruption. Domain spells may only be regained when travelling on a road.

*He is of the traveller god.

Alternatively, if you don't accept this, I have a wonderful idea for a cleric rogue who worships the darkness domain and would be able to create spheres of darkness around him that only he could see in. He would be able to make sneak attacks freely on those around him as they could not detect him.
I was really hoping we could get things started either today or saturday... I'm really quite busy during weekdays and I don't get much of sunday free either.
Okay, RoboTek, accepted.
A few questions:

Do you allow bloodlines? (idea)

IF so do the racial restricitions also apply to those? (same idea)

IF so can werewolf bloodline transform? (using an existing character instead)

Thank you.....
Bloodlines may be taken only for RP reasons. Template bloodlines that can be found in sourcebooks are not allowed, and bloodlines will not give special abilities.

An example of a bloodline would be if you were to be related to one of the characters in the Prequel (thinking around great-great-grandchild, unless your chosen person is an Elf, in which case they'd still be around, as an old geezer living with his original tribal people, or something.)
ok, I had no real RP reason for the first chara, the second already exists, is like one already found in your books but adds another ability...as I found such an ability in the monster thing for 1st edition BEFORE this all came through.

The second is basicly a true werewolf (this means he transforms willingly,as in no moon, and has 3 forms "human" "hybrid" and "wolf"). He's level 3 anyways. I can always make new stats.

If you say no I'll just use the first normally. (yay necromancer ted!)
"TRUE" werewolf? A true werewolf does it under the moon, sorry.

No to both.
Actually, cursed individuals are the ones under the sway of the moon.

True (or full-blooded if that makes it easier) are naturally able to change. It's just that they can't help it when someone starts fighting them and gets away >_>
By "true" I meant "folklore."
Anyway, no werewolves.

Also, Wooga, perhaps you should join next time, because there will be a next time, when it's simpler.
meh, at least you get the point.

as for next time, I think I will. I've never used these "feats" and "proficiancies" and "encumbrances" that you all speak of.
While glancing through the other characters, I noticed something.

EN, how are you using non-druidic weapons and equipment? I couldn't find any mechanical explination, so technically you're forfeiting all of your Druid spells and Class abilities...
I truly like it how you wait till now to tell me to wait till next time. Especially after all I've done with my character. I was just missing one or two simpler parts. I'm not going to wait till next time, I'm going to finish it today.