Scout Update

Alright. I just want some reactions.

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/sandman.htm

That's the first weapon release. They're doing updates one a day for five days after this. I think it's three weapons, achievements, a new mode, and a new map.

As for reactions to The Sandman...

Good:
-No doublejump balances everything out
-Stunning will bring in some interesting play elements
-Possible sniper counter!

Bad:
-Some asshole will MASTER it
-It's REALLY GAY for repelling Ubers, like a long-distance compression blast
-Lucky shots from afar will keep you stunned for a hella long time
-What kind of name is 'the sandman?' Bo-ring
Here's a reaction for you.

Don't care, go away.
Wow, great analysis, Asator. Did you bring that up from the bowels of your brain and throw it out here just to be a douchebag? :/

Hiko, the Sandman looks to me something I might grab, if it can be useful in combat. However, if I have to stand still while using it, I probably won't. It's not needed as a sniper counter because if you're facing snipers as a scout and are trying that hard to kill them... there's something wrong. ;;>>

I like the concept, but the double jump is reeeally useful as well as a basic concept of the scout. It'd be taking a crapload of versatility out of the scout in turn for a stun that looks like it may not be effective. Even if it works on sentries or no, it's just going to piss people off.
I like the idea, especially the uber counter. It might have some balance issue at first, but nearly all weapons were like that...right? (Didn't play TF2 till recently).

It's gonna be weird getting stunned in a fast paced FPS game like this...I'm sure some people'll start yelling a whole load when they get stunned for like 5 seconds XD
Yeah, the doublejump nerf basically makes the scout useless... especially considering doublejump affects every part of Scout gameplay, not just melee. I'm not sure how people will react. Again, it'll probably end up with not many people using it after the initial rush except a few REALLY GOOD people.

And no, Goroke, I'm pretty sure they balanced it as much as they ever will already, and there'll be a wave of bitching until someone figures out how to dodge the baseballs. :'D
We need an entire team to have them, just launching baseballs EVERYWHERE on 2fort.

Quote (ZeroSaber)

We need an entire team to have them, just launching baseballs EVERYWHERE on 2fort.

Scout rushes are never gonna be the same.
Simply, HATE.

I will be frustrated trying to learn it, and I will be pissed when it's used to thwart ubers.
Just roll Pyro and reflect it back in his stupid face, then run in and torch him.
New maps:

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/wa...nd_junction.htm

Arena map Watchtower. Open spaces, sniper-friendly. Obvious 'watchtower' in center.

CP map Junction. Fuck yeah, close quarters! ^^;
I always get lost in Junction. DX
Haven't played either of the two maps. I'm kind of steamed that the Alpine style is still going to be restricted to Arena for now. I don't play Arena at all, and one can only take so much desert.
Alpine style wuuuuut?

D:

Now I want to play it. But I don't play Arena!
The Energy Drink, huh?

Looks fun. :3

HYPER SCOUT RUUUUSH
It's a shame though, I really love the pistol on the Scout but I wanna do that ALONG with the super-speed-rush XD
I meh'd. Doesn't seem too exciting to me; it'll just annoy me.

WHAT IS THIS, VALVE?

WHAT IS THIS?
I lol'd.
Hello, Egypt! (New Dustbowl-Style map in egypt)

Also, the achievements dropped the Scattergun's new name and effect. So did the new map description.

The new weapon is called the "Fource-A-Nature", and it is implied that it has a really big knockback- enough to throw people. It's also said in the Egypt description that it has the possibility to throw the Scout himself!

Interesting. This could lead to the Scouts making up for the Sandman's loss of Double jump with the Force-A-Nature.
I was all "this thing is awesome!!!!1!" while I was reading the Force-A-Nature page, until I learned it only has two shots.
Two shots?!
Seriously!?