A note to overprotective moms...hilarious

Yawn. More "omfg shield teh childrens!" stuff.
WHAT THIS SAYS:
BUY YOUR KIDS A WII.
No, we weren't paid for this!
Wow, I'm surprised they managed to pull Nintendo's cock out of their mouths long enough to say that stuff.

Although, to be fair, almost all of the games on both lists are awesome.
I honestly don't get the "no blood" thing. If these kids are really that damn stupid, then having no blood in a game would tell them that beating the shit out of their friend is perfectly fine.

Quote (Bomber)

I honestly don't get the "no blood" thing. If these kids are really that damn stupid, then having no blood in a game would tell them that beating the shit out of their friend is perfectly fine.

What he said. My friend put's the argument of not allowing me M-games this way:

Quote ()

They probably don't want you getting used to killing.

And of course, I'm a witty replier.

Quote ()

I'm pretty used to it, you DO know that.

He went with my way.

Quote ()

That was one hell of a headshot on GoW.

In reference to a sicknasty headshot I got on Gow ripping a guy's head clean off. Therefore the argument does not hold water. Millions of people die ever day, and many of them are on the news... Okay, maybe not millions but you get my point, right?
Yeah....

Not too funny, just more proof of strange senses of understanding.

This is what I understand= Restricting a game from a certain audience based on the content of things that are normally presented to a more responsible age, like the a with movies and driving and drinking.

This is what I don't understand= Why people try to BAN violent games. No, it's not the producer's fault. It's not even the kid's fault for WANTING the game above his age level. (As long as it's good XD) It is, in fact, the PARENT'S fault for ALLOWING their kids to purchase said games.

Personally, I don't see the point. Kids ARE allowed to see any movie up to the R level, as long as they have an adult. Do movies not send the same message? Is it more influential to 'normal' people because you control things? Maybe the first person aspect? If people gave decent REASONS as to why the dislike violent games being distributed to younger people like WHY they had such effects (While they almost always DON'T) I wouldn't be so put off by it. Al they seem to say is "OMFGZ GAMES R EVIL THEY HAVE BLOOD AND PEOPLE DYING." Well, guess what. So does real life.
Don't go there!

D :

Quote (ZeroSaber)

...Al they seem to say is "OMFGZ GAMES R EVIL THEY HAVE BLOOD AND PEOPLE DYING." Well, guess what. So does real life.

THEN WE MUST LOCK OUR CHILDREN IN THE BASEMENT SO THEY MAY NOT SEE REAL LIFE!!!!
I am not allowed to own any of the games rated "Bad".

I am seventeen years old.

[wanders off to jump in front of a truck]
Trust me, I know how bad that is, EN. I'm twenty, I live in my own place with two friends and my parents still decide to pop in to check up on me and go ape-shit whenever I utter the occasional 'fuck' =/

[follows EN to the same truck]
What really sucks is when the kids decide to help the overprotective moms. I read somewhere about some kid saying (Ok I dont remember what the exact text was, so here's the short version):

"My friend started playing violent video games. After a while she started being more aggressive. They have a right to keep bad video games from people."
I would probably play all of those games mentioned if I had a chance... but I don't have the systems to play them. Plus, I tend to shy away from games that are just ridiculously over the top or ones that are trumped by other games.
For example, the GTA series. I don't like that game because I have played games that blow it out of the water, riddle it with holes as it spins in the air, then throw back into the puddle of it's own blood. Battlefield 2142>GTA Call of Duty4>Halo3 (Don't get me wrong, the Halo series is fun. But not the best series ever.)

I actually think the antics of the players (in multiplayer) are worse than the game itself, especially if they have the ability to talk to you.

Quote (Nalerenn)

Trust me, I know how bad that is, EN. I'm twenty, I live in my own place with two friends and my parents still decide to pop in to check up on me and go ape-shit whenever I utter the occasional 'fuck' =/

[follows EN to the same truck]

My parents swear more than I do.

My dad's occasionally known to call my mom a nappy ho.
:'D
HAHAHAHAHA.
Your mom has to be one of the whtiest people I know.
Besides Sybil...

Yeah, my parents freak out if I say something "sucks".
But I CAN say something "blows".
Which really confuses me.
<.<

>.>

*played GTA3 at 11*

Yeah.

I never really wanted to play Over 15s when young. Much prefered Star Wars and Final Fantasy.

Quote (Legoroy)

*played GTA3 at 11*

Original GTA at 8. Though I'm ashamed to admit it, when they were talking about getting some 'pussy', I was wondering why the hell gangsters would want cats. Ah, to know what I now know then...

Quote (Nalerenn)

Original GTA at 8. Though I'm ashamed to admit it, when they were talking about getting some 'pussy', I was wondering why the hell gangsters would want cats. Ah, to know what I now know then...

Maybe this was the push that sent you down on the path of... you know... a cat is fine too? :'D

Also, I have a feeling its more like "Hrmm... how could we get attention...." "Sir! A large % of the population plays video games! And those who don't feel that its a worthless activity! We could get both negative and positive attention at the same time! All we have to do is blame videogames!"
"..."
"..."
"Pure genius."
FUKKEN MAFIA!

D :<
im 14 and i play every game on that list that they describe as "bad" (except UT3, since I don't have a PS3), plus i also play bioshock, which i guess was too gory for the bad list...