What I hate about you.

This is my new rant thread. Read it, embrace it, love it, and heed the things I say. If you think a certain piece is directed at you... it probably isn't. Don't give yourself that much credit. You really don't matter that much to me, so don't get a big head.

To begin...

I hate young people. They're all the same. 'I don't need religion', 'I don't need respect', 'Why should I respect you?', 'The world owes ME', 'What has my country done for me? I don't owe it anything'.

In short, they're made of fail and aids.

Religion is what most, if not all, laws are based on. It's also defines the most basic set or morality and ethics for people to follow. Why do you need it? Because without it, there wouldn't be a United States. If there was no religion, there would have been no reason for the pilgrims to escape persecution and come here. Which means no America. And no you. Which would be good, really, since I hate you.

RESPECT. Give it to me. Why? I'm your elder. I know more about life and the world than you do. Earn your respect? Fuck off. You will respect me because you're told to. It's worked for the past 6000+ years. And look where that got us. Not too bad, right? But now you think you can just come along and stop respecting everyone and everything? You're a moron. Not gonna respect your elders, huh? Let's see how you like it when we spray our disrespect all over your room. Good luck getting that smell out. Oh, and crap stains? Forget about it.

The world owes you nothing. Diddily-squat. Nada. On the other hand, you owe the world everything. Especially your country. You don't like the was it's been run here? Then go to North Korea. Go live in a nation without democracy, without religion, without freedom. Then tell me that you don't like it here. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Done yet? No? Fine. I'll wait a second longer.

And your done. How'd you like it? Your family getting shot because you said something anti-government, your getting a finger cut off for bumping into an armed officer, being whipped publicly for even mentioning religion? Doesn't seem so bad here now, does it? Didn't think so.

Now, to discuss what you owe America. You owe it your life. And your money, through taxes. But mainly your life. Spend it becoming as smart and talented as you can, and then use those abilities to make the nation better. Or go do some community service. Or just don't be a pompous asshole like 90% of the youth today. You really don't know anything, no matter how much you think you do. And if you keep that attitude of being all knowing, one day later in life you're going to realize how sadly mistaken you were.

So change now. Stop being a generation of moraless, ethicless, respectless, the-world-owes-me-something fools. Grab a religious book, read up on their laws, and get a good idea of what is good and wrong. Read about how the young respected their elders and learned from them, in turn becoming well respected and wise beyond their years. And stop thinking the world owes you, because we owe you nothing.
((Nice job. Mind if I rant a little myself?))
That's an important point. Since every person who enters the world is essentially "standing on the shoulders of giants," so to speak, it's up to that person to act as a responsible citizen and get things accomplished in their own life. It actually works better to concentrate on being a sturdy pillar that those who come after can reach greater heights with than to waste your time trying to be respected on your own, which will ultimately contribute much less.

In actuality, we all owe quite a lot to people we hardly ever think of. ^^;
I hate Leon. He's an ultimate loser and should be banned from existance. That's what I think. Mostly because I always act like I hate his guts.

Quote (Heat Sonata)

In actuality, we all owe quite a lot to people we hardly ever think of. ^^;

'Specially the dead ones.

Good rant, though.
Well, it does make him sound like a jackass...
I hate that fused-plastic packaging that everything comes in nowadays. Maybe they think they'll make more money if no one can open their product.
I hate that scissors come in packages that you need to open....with scissors. If you are buying scissors, chances are you don't have any scissors to open the package of scissors with..

I also hate that now everytime you buy a VCR, it breaks within three days. I have all of these movies I want to watch (litterally hundreds of VCR tapes) that I cannot watch, because there aren't any VCRs that I can get that won't stop working.
I'm responding to Leon's rant for 2 reasons.
1: He said 'young people'. Well, fuck you, Leon!
2: It's against MY beliefs.

Quote (Leon)

RESPECT. Give it to me. Why? I'm your elder. I know more about life and the world than you do. Earn your respect? Fuck off. You will respect me because you're told to. It's worked for the past 6000+ years. And look where that got us. Not too bad, right? But now you think you can just come along and stop respecting everyone and everything? You're a moron. Not gonna respect your elders, huh? Let's see how you like it when we spray our disrespect all over your room. Good luck getting that smell out. Oh, and crap stains? Forget about it.

OK, I'm going to respond in order to what I've bolded.
-No, that's incorrect. I could know more than you: in fact, there's no way to prove who does or doesn't have more knowledge about life. In fact, I think it's stupid to assume that the older you are, the more you know: I know a lot of kids smarter than adults.

-NO, I WON'T. FUCK YOU. THAT'S CRAP. I'LL RESPECT YOU BECAUSE I HAVE A REASON TO.

-Hrm, where it got us...?
Almost out on fossil fuels
On the precipice of nuclear holocaust
Zealots blowing people up based on -cough- RELIGION
Why do you think kids are so rebellious? Because we want change. Repressing us too much usually ends in
A: Mental breakdown - collapse or insanity/life of crime
B: Hardened exterior, emotionally useless
C: A pathetic, whimpering little kid that can't do anything for himself

And, if you're still going for the elder thing?
Respect 'em?
I respect my elders because they DESERVE it. Because they've succeeded: because they've loved me: and because they truly care enough to get something back.

You're my elder. I have no reason to respect YOU.

-Spray disrespect over our rooms...huh.
Let's think.
Well, let's not: I want to understand how you meant that to be interpreted.
I believe he was refering to piss, but I could be wrong.

And I doubt he was refering to general knowledge when he said that elders were naturally smarter. He most likely is talking about wisdom or life experience. In general, the older you are, the more you know about life due to having had more experience.

Anyway, I hate lots of things and lots of people. I don't think I'll bother to explain myself.

Quote (Zanallen)

I believe he was refering to piss, but I could be wrong.

And I doubt he was refering to general knowledge when he said that elders were naturally smarter. He most likely is talking about wisdom or life experience. In general, the older you are, the more you know about life due to having had more experience.

Anyway, I hate lots of things and lots of people. I don't think I'll bother to explain myself.

@Zan: Yes. And Yes.

@Hiko: Since you were kind enough to be the embodiment of everything that I hate about young people right there, I'm going to address your points, and tell all the young people of today:

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

I know more than you. I've experienced more of life. Do I know everything? No. Will I ever? No. Do I know stuff that could be useful to you? Yes. Will you ever learn it? No. Because you have no respect for me, so I'd as soon watch you squirm in your self-dug pit while eating popcorn and telling you "I told you so".

Where did it get us? Let's point out some of the non liberal propaganda, shall we?
1. Technology is at an all time high, and advancing with ridiculous speeds.
2. There are vaccines or cures for many deadly diseases.
3. A rather stable societal structure.
4. A country where you have a lot more freedom than in others.

Why are kid rebellious?
1. Parent's are pussies. They should've beat your asses when you mouthed off, misbehaved, and were general nuisances. But instead, they let you get away with it. Of course, with all the left wing child protection bullshit, one's lucky to be able to say shut up without getting tossed in jail.
2. A school system run by all left wingers. Of course kids are going to grow up hating America, their elders, and tradition of they're taught everyday by people who either blatantly or not disrespect it. Why should they respect something if the people they're taught by and look up to don't? And the few people in the system who believe in punishing bad behavior? The parents side with the kid, and tell the school to butt out, reinforcing their kid's intolerable behavior further.

Sure, I know. "Don't talk about my parents like that. You don't even know them." Wrong. I know them through you. You can say you're not like your parents all you like, but the truth of the matter is, you are. And later in life, when you know more, you'll start to realize it. "That school comment is crap." No, it isn't. Most high school and college professors are openly liberal. And whether you realize it or not, you're picking up on their ideals as they teach you, and making them your own. If you hear something or see people do something enough, you pick up on it and adopt it. It's proven fact.

But feel free to demonstrate my point further by flying off the handle some more and being entirely disrespectful.
I used to be afraid of my dad for his scolding. But look where I am now! I'm learning C++!

How am I supposed to do the same whenever I have kids? <_<

Quote (legoroy2)

I used to be afraid of my dad for his scolding. But look where I am now! I'm learning C++!

How am I supposed to do the same whenever I have kids? <_<

Same here, and now I'm learning to run the internet.
Of course, my dad is still intimidating out the wazoo. But that's something else entirely.

How? Simple! Take 'em downstairs and beat 'em in the padded room so no one can hear 'em cry. Then tell them the next time it happens, they'll "get it ((twice/three) times as bad/can't sit for a (week/month/year))."
OH NO, I'M SOOOO SCARED.
SOME DOOD ON THE INTERNET IS GOING TO BEAT ME UP.
And as for where we are now?
In about ten years, possibly the worst place yet.
Ever.
We have to focus on the important things so that our country doesn't collapse.

Oh, and as for beating children?

You seriously have issues, man. Even if I was as opinionated and discriminatory as YOU were, I'd still not beat my children...

Oh, and as for this:
And whether you realize it or not, you're picking up on their ideals as they teach you, and making them your own.
That's YOU, man.
Your dad hit you, so, your kid's gotta go through the same thing that you did.
That's pathetic.
Why don't you be the one in your family to make a change? The one to be nice to your kids, and let them choose whatever they want?

My parents don't care, actually. XD Mom's an agnostic, dad's a reform Jew, and I'm an atheist. For my own reasons.

As for my liberality?

I admit, they influenced it: my teachers, too. I never said they didn't. I also don't salute our flag 2094529083 times a day like everyone else, because I don't support our country, condone its idiocy at this point in time, nor do I feel I have to swear alliegance to it so damn much.

A school system run by all left wingers.
INCORRECT AGAIN! Ever been to Texas?

I think your arguments are loaded with hypocrisy, and idiocy, but only idiocy because it disagrees with my opinion.

You can't call the kettle black when you're a pot, too.

EDIT: and as for your first remark?
You don't know anything that I can't learn by myself, or I can't learn from someone else who's experienced it.
Who's probably better and more knowledgeable at it than you.
The way I see it, it's a tried and tested method. I used to go to school with another family's 8 and 10 year old sons. I despised the way they treated their parents and everyone else. I don't want anyone like that in this world. Although, if there wasn't then the Grand Balance would be ruined so i'm being rather redundant.

But this argument is rather interesting. Please, continue.
Why would I beat my children? Why won't I be a pussy and let them do whatever they want?
You.
If I had kids like you, I'd off myself to save what little honor and sanity I had left.
Why else? Because that's not the role of a parent. Parent's are to discipline and teach their kids, not let them run around and do whatever they please. Too bad you never learned that, since your parents obviously are being your friends and not your parents.

Quote ()

My parents don't care

And that's precisely your problem. Maybe if they did, you'd know a little bit more about respecting others and repercussions of your actions.

Quote ()

I also don't salute our flag 2094529083 times a day like everyone else, because I don't support our country, condone its idiocy at this point in time, nor do I feel I have to swear alliegance to it so damn much.

If you don't support our country, get out. Go live in Canada. Or Mexico.

And Texas. One state. I apologize, I was off by part of one state. Allow me to revise:
2. A school system run by all left wingers except for most of Texas. Of course kids are going to grow up hating America, their elders, and tradition of they're taught everyday by people who either blatantly or not disrespect it. Why should they respect something if the people they're taught by and look up to don't? And the few people in the system who believe in punishing bad behavior? The parents side with the kid, and tell the school to butt out, reinforcing their kid's intolerable behavior further.

Wonderful personal attack edited in at the end of your post.

And where did I say I was gonna kick your ass? I have much bigger fish to fry. Like Billary Clinton's.

And lastly, yeah, I did get spanked as a kid. So did a lot of my friends. Know what? We're the most successful of our graduating class. We also know what respect is, which clearly, is something you don't understand at all.
What the hell, people.

This ain't a flaming board.

Don't be hatin.