Life, the Universe, and Everything

I chalenge people, give me one good reason God is not in anyway shape or form responsible for the universe.
Evolutionary theory.
?

Quote (yahiko9040)

Evolutionary theory.
?

Inteligent design. God made evolution.
The bible says god made the universe and everything in seven days.
Doesn't say they were seven CONSECUTIVE days.

Also, on the first day, god created everything.
On the second day, he created light.
...Wait, whut?

Quote (P.A. Master)

The bible says god made the universe and everything in seven days.
Doesn't say they were seven CONSECUTIVE days.

Also, on the first day, god created everything.
On the second day, he created light.
...Wait, whut?

Incorect. On the first day, God created light, second he created the seas, the 3rd was the sky, 4th the land, 5th animals, 6th Man, 7th he rested. HE didn't even do anything day seven. God created the earth is six days.

Quote (Zolem)

Quote (yahiko9040)

Evolutionary theory.
?

+1

Also a strike against evolution and the big bang:

The law of energy states it can't be created nor destroyed, only changed between forms. So, assuming that the big bang did occur, where did all the energy come from? Energy can't come from nothing, correct? Nor can matter, yes? Even if you could the anti versions of everything, they're likely held by the same laws, correct? So clearly, someone or something had to put it there to start with.

And, seriously, how much in breeding and cross species pollination would you need to evolve something like the duck-billed platypus? I think that was just God's way of saying 'Yeah. If you don't believe it after seeing this, you're blind.'
Maybe the world was created by the Big Bang, but a diety or being who was already there, since the beginning, had to make it. So, in some way, there is a diety, but whether he truely is the idea of God that any of us believe in is not to be known until (if ever) we meet him/her for ourselves.
Another thing or two to consider. Darwin's book was 'The Orgin of Speceis', not the orgin of genus, filum, or life. He didn't beleive that evolution could acout for everything (unlike modern scientists who have to recreate all known biological assosiations and their 'evolutionary chains' every time they find a new speceis), just variations in a single speceis to posibly create two or more similar but seperate speceis, such as the finches he studied.

Also, Leon, while we have evidence the Big Bang happened, you're right to ask were all that energy came from.

Quote (Zolem)

I chalenge people, give me one good reason God is not in anyway shape or form responsible for the universe.

I could just as easily 'chalenge' you to give one good reason that he IS.

But, anyhow, I stand by what I said.

Quote (Leon)

Quote (Zolem)

Quote (yahiko9040)

Evolutionary theory.
?

+1

Also a strike against evolution and the big bang:

The law of energy states it can't be created nor destroyed, only changed between forms. So, assuming that the big bang did occur, where did all the energy come from? Energy can't come from nothing, correct? Nor can matter, yes? Even if you could the anti versions of everything, they're likely held by the same laws, correct? So clearly, someone or something had to put it there to start with.

And, seriously, how much in breeding and cross species pollination would you need to evolve something like the duck-billed platypus? I think that was just God's way of saying 'Yeah. If you don't believe it after seeing this, you're blind.'

The "Big Bang", as a theory was a tiny star of pure energy.

Think if it as a really hot bouncy ball with a power level over 9000 times stronger than the our biggest nuke.

Then God or whatever dropped it.
How much more over the power of a nuke was it?
It was OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!

Eh... yeah.
I dislike these debates. No answer=philisophical=makes PA's head hurt.

Quote (Leon)

Energy can't come from nothing, correct? Nor can matter, yes?

That's what Permenides said.
Evidently, it did, for the Big Bang occured.
Anyways. If God or some divine force is responsible for the world...
Why are we obeying him?
AIDS, Malaria, disease, 9/11, comets that could hit us at any time, the Tsunamis, earthquakes everywhere, CRIMECRIMECRIME! If he's so powerful, why doesn't he just get rid of all that? He should be rebelled against for toying with our survival like some sort of puppeteer!!!
Feel free to try rebel against him. When you locate him. And figure out how to hurt the creator of the universe. Might be tricky.
Chuck Norris sneezed, and the universe came into being.

I;m sick and tired of these questions. G&T in th grade was so much more fun.
Did they discuss these kinda things in Gifted and Talented?
Yeah, its what our whole course is based on.
Yeah.
What grade? XD
5th. and 7th.
Wow, GT is a 9th grade course over here. I think it can continue to 10th and 11th. Everyone hated it though. My parents made me take the test for it, but I made it clear they couldn't pay me to take that course.

Quote (yahiko9040)

Quote (Leon)

Energy can't come from nothing, correct? Nor can matter, yes?

That's what Permenides said.
Evidently, it did, for the Big Bang occured.
Anyways. If God or some divine force is responsible for the world...
Why are we obeying him?
AIDS, Malaria, disease, 9/11, comets that could hit us at any time, the Tsunamis, earthquakes everywhere, CRIMECRIMECRIME! If he's so powerful, why doesn't he just get rid of all that? He should be rebelled against for toying with our survival like some sort of puppeteer!!!

Ok, I enjoyed the philosophy at first, but bashing God lost you my support.