This is random, but the theory of abiogenesis, and the big bang theory, both suck.

I'm not saying I don't think they're legitimate, supported, reasonable theories, and I'm not saying that I think God made the universe and the life in it. I'm just saying that both those theories suck. And besides-- just because these theories suck doesn't mean that the theory of intelligent design or theistic evolution don't suck even more.

Now, creationism, that isn't a friggin' theory. Believe in it if you want. The following wikipedia link satirizes the fact that you don't even have to listen to all evidence given by scientists.

http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origin...241e6c947f8431e

The space probes showed that there's some residual heat in space from an event long ago that we don't know anything about. This could have been the "Big Crunch," which is a term for the universe being sucked back together by gravity, coming very close together. This would have created the heat that the probe noticed. It might even have been created by something stupid like a supernova; the heat was incredibly small amounts. We also observe most things redshifting in relation to us. Again, this supports several theories.

We see, then, that the big bang theory sucks.

As for abiogenesis, the current theory is that amino acids in the primordial soup combined to form cell-like things. They supported this with a lab experiment in which cell membranes formed all by themselves. This is evidence, yes, but there isn't much evidence, and frankly this experiment sucks. Look at your average bacterium and you'll see that there's a lot more to it than a membrane and a bunch of RNA. Even if cell membranes formed themselves, where the crap did the rest of it come from? I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that eukaryotes came first (wait, shit. It's eukaryotes, not prokaryotes, right?) because obviously a nucleus is even more complex. But really, creating a cell membrane does not create a cell. That cell membrane is an empty husk if it doesn't have the means to do anything. The cell membrane would form, then dissolve.

We see, then that the current theory of abiogenesis sucks.

I'm waiting, therefore, for scientists to discover something that totally blows both these theories out of the water, something that makes them go "WHOA, we need to think in a totally different direction now!"

I mean, that's the great thing about science, right? It changes. It would certainly be a step in the right direction.