Actions aimed at "surviving targets"

I often write turns where, theoretically, if everything works out, I'll wipe the entire virus group off the map at the end. Then I still have actions left, so I write in that I take one last shot and aim it "at whatever survives." I recognize that this might seem lazy to mods, but I can't think of a better way to express my intentions. Simply, if I want to finish the battle that very round, I don't think it's unrealistic to throw some overkill into the mix just to mop up in case something misses.

Quote (Kazuhiro)

I often write turns where, theoretically, if everything works out, I'll wipe the entire virus group off the map at the end. Then I still have actions left, so I write in that I take one last shot and aim it "at whatever survives." I recognize that this might seem lazy to mods, but I can't think of a better way to express my intentions. Simply, if I want to finish the battle that very round, I don't think it's unrealistic to throw some overkill into the mix just to mop up in case something misses.

This is neither a suggestion nor a question.
Harsh but true.

Quote (Pocket)

Quote (Kazuhiro)

This is neither a suggestion nor a question.

Allow me to make it one, then.

"Is it okay to do this? Or do some mods think it comes off as cheap, lazy, or out-and-out stupid, etc? And does anyone have a better alternative for turns like these?"
What he said.
I would still aim for the ones most likely to survive rather than say "attack survivors". Just because you launch low accuracy attacks at a virus and you think it should be dead doesn't mean it will be.

If you manage to deal out enough damage to kill every virus on the field twice over, you should spend some turns dodging so you're less likely to be hit by desperation attacks.

If your RP was good and you weren't a jerk or being cocky or whatever, excess attacks often just get redirected to surviving viruses anyways.

Quote (Pocket)

If your RP was good and you weren't a jerk or being cocky or whatever, excess attacks often just get redirected to surviving viruses anyways.

Totally agree. Sometimes you just can't tell what viruses will survive, but as long as you do a good job RPing an "attack shurvivor(s) survivor(s)," you'll probably find your attacks hitting.
*gets attacked successfully*

I have nothing to add, only that Grim is totally going down at the tournament now...
There is nothing wrong with the term of "overkill." Because, unless you had a GMD about or wanted an ally to survive, just blow everything and every enemy to hell and back. Provided you have the firepower and RPing skill to finish everything in a series of hell fire induced attacks.
Not if I have something to say about it!

...Oh wait, I'm not modding you guys. I have nothing to say about about it .__.