Complain a rama

Well well... look whose come by to complain.... well it all started with a conversation...

Quote ()

Rysan_Marquise: yes...
Rysan_Marquise: then you have to bite your toungue if you ever feel slighted
Lux: Or you could play as a whiney underpowered character, who constantly complains that her allies don't do enough.
Lux: Or complains about being slighted.
Rysan_Marquise: heh
DNR: But yeah really, everybody has been neglecting character development
DNR: Especially their operators
Lux: My operator lacks developement.
Rysan_Marquise has left.
Lux: I was considering contacting Polonius for help on ROse's math homework . . .
DNR: THats because all he does it slot in chips
Lux: She
DNR: seriously Ops need to do more
Lux: We need that thing that they did in the show . . .
Lux: Where Ops get Navi power and bust RL viruses.
Lux: Or RL events
DNR: RL events I'd like
Lux: Me too.
Lux: Like kidnappings, and tracking down missing people.
Lux: I mean, I guess Normal members could host their own little RL events, if they wanted.
DNR: They can't
DNR: Unless its a subplot or something
Rysan_Marquise has joined.
Lux: You could, it just wouldn't be official.
Lux: Like, host a party and invite people.
DNR: Can't
DNR: Thats STILL against the rules I think
Lux: I'm sure you can host a party. It wouldn't make sense if you couldn't.
Rysan_Marquise: wait a second... I thought rage mode was a result of dark chip corruption
Rysan_Marquise: was I mistaken?
DNR: Nono
DNR: It depends on the situation
Lux: Also, shouldn't BeastOuts be illegal IC? Like, since cybeasts are associated with the NetMafia, and are highly dangerous and rare, wouldn't having their data inside you make you illegal, or atleast some sort or SciLab test subject?
Lux: Or are BeastOuts well known in 20XX+37?
DNR: Cybeasts are really neutral
Lux: Well, still highly dangerous/deadly and rare.
DNR: But hey
DNR: It be reallllllyyyyy nice
DNR: If we had more Net news stories
DNR: You know
Lux: Rose Dunrae, Amatuer Reporter?
DNR: It help to know more about the world
DNR: Getting information only in events and/or special threads isn't really a good way to broaden one's view of the enviroment
Lux: Like the importance of Navi's Emblems?
DNR: Yeah
Lux: I never knew they were important, until reading Twi's thread and the DenTech thread.
DNR: Yeah see?
DNR: We're basically being dumbed XD
DNR: Ahh well
DNR: not like there's anything anybody can do

Yeahhh... I think it be nice if somebody in the "knooowww" Can help out with this? Or at least make boss battles that USE the operator for something that isn't chip slot in? Like you have to email a certain person with the correct answer to hit? Or reconfigure a navi's aspects? Seriously, this could make fighting so much better...
YES.
I've written a subplot which should help Ceres get at least a LITTLE more involved, but Ops are sort of a one-paragraph-per-post thing now.

Quote ()

DNR: seriously Ops need to do more
Lux: Or RL events
DNR: RL events I'd like

Long ago, on RECN, under previous Admins, it was said that this would never happen. I plan on doing all I can to keep it that way. We don't need a bunch of people deciding to go and be power rangers.

I might be (so slow im almost not making any progress) working on something that will help op's, and non combat in general, be useful and rewarding to people, such that those who want to develop their characters but won't because there is no real benefit mechanics wise for them will be able to do so without falling behind.

As for Netops doing other things, we'd need a group of well written and easily modifiable scenarios to work with. If you have anything that would be useful, please PM me and I'll add those into what I'm working on and, more likely, make a list and propose them in the cave. They would need to be interesting, easily scaled to a player's RP ability, and of course interesting. Oh, wait, I said interesting twice. I guess add on fun in there.
The problem with character development (at least, my problem with character development) is that it's really difficult unless you know exactly where you're going with it. If you look at pretty much any anime, the characters all have their own individual personalities. That means that for us to have something similar, it'd need widespread organisation.

It's an area of professional writers, a realm far beyond what many of us can't achieve alone. The miniscule tweaks and experiences of the character all add up into a single person. It'd be somewhat easier to imagine the net-op as ourselves, remembering the influences caused inside the roleplay, rather than a seperate fictional being. The navi is flexible, an imaginery friend. No matter how different you make it, it will always be based off yourself.

Now, about the Net-Op. I always thought that (just for reference) Lan had a lot more character development than Megaman as he was the one walking around talking to folks and advancing the plot (GET DER UMBRELLA 2 STUP FLARSHMAN!). Oh, hey, there you go. Not that I know how, but to make it a little more what these guys are saying, there could be (more?) NPCs and Net Battlers in the real world, just as the net world has viruses and Navis.

Meh, enough rambling from me. You mods and admins are the ones capable of shaping this place. I look forward to seeing what you can do.
I would like to point out that not EVERYBODY has been neglecting character development *Cough*

Anyway, I do agree with some things that were said with it how ever.

I'm also for RL events, but not the way Leon is worried about. No these events would be more like Carnivals, Expos, Cons, Showcases, stuff that would be interest to normal people. It'd allow an interest for the Ops to actually get a good chance to be used.

Having nothing but events on the net will be troublesome.

To make things interesting, have these RL Events have some sort of Minigames, Contests, or even special shops that are there only for the event with rare chips/navicust programs/upgrades for cheap prices.

Heck have one where its a Arena where people jack in their PETs and the Navi's appear on the field/arena in hologram form and play games like Football(Soccer to the USA. Oddly even though I'm a resident of the USA I prefer calling it football) with simular setup to battles for playing it. Or Hologram Real Life sized NetBattles to help get the Ops down on the field, standing with their hologramed Navi and command them from the sideline on how to fight (Pokemon anyone?)

Really theres a lot of events you can do that doesnt require saving the world/Net.

Quote ()

This is what I'm worried about. Power ranger cross fusion crap. I shall fight it till I'm dead.
yeah I can understand that. But we do need events that arent battle driven, hense the mention of Cons, and other events that would occur that the Ops would go to.
Wasn't there some thing in one of the games where if you shouted at the gameboy, stuff would help motivate megaman?

omly reasion I remember this is cause noone over the age of eight can play in public without getting embareassed
In the DS version, could've been used once/jack-in, recharged your HP to the max. We could do stuff like that, arm the ops with once/jack-in powers....
ehh.. kinda find that to not be that useful for what we need to develop the Op's. Plus while useful... it kinda seems cheap to go and sweet talk to a Navi to heal them.
not to mention that that's still not an OOB thing... It would be just yet another empower that can be used inside battle.
welll...

not to be stupid, but we have a netVeagas or whatever...

gamdbling minigames FTW?

Quote (Leon)

Quote ()

This is what I'm worried about. Power ranger cross fusion crap. I shall fight it till I'm dead.
I wouldn't be unhappy if this wasn't implemented. It's not like I really wanted this anyways. It was just the first thing to come to mind.

I'd actually prefer RL events, though I don't really have any new ideas now. Though I'd like to say that Sora's idea of a carnival sounds fun.

-Lux.

Quote (Knight)

In the DS version, could've been used once/jack-in, recharged your HP to the max. We could do stuff like that, arm the ops with once/jack-in powers....

This seems sorta neat. Reminds me of like, CO powers from Advance Wars.

STEVE uses his NetOp power! Garden of Eden!

DRUIDMAN and allies restores 100 HP!
DRUIDMAN and allies restore status!

DRUIDMAN attacks! 42q23462985643252 damages to METOOL!

METOOL is defeated!

DRUIDMAN gains 45235256285763 experience points!

>> Okay, I'm not sure where I'm going with this.
Lol.
Wait, so if the Navi grows strong with money, could the Net-Op grow stronger with experience, learning feats and skills and such? Maybe not for battle, maybe for real world puzzles and obsticles.

Just, y'know, then we'd have a real use for them, aside from RPing bonuses.