Darkchip system?

A darkchip system? From commondragon!?

yes, ladys and gentlmen...

Commondragon's darkchip System

After ideas flying about in the chat about the darkchip system, and learning that my ideas count too, I decided to bring up a darkchip system to help out.

Darkchips are supposed to corrode the body and soul of a navi, why wouldn't we make it some kind of gradual, eat-you-out-from-the-inside-thing then?

Say a navi uses a darkchip. They get their desired effect from said darkchip, and then a separate stat, called corruption, is added to a corruption pool. This ranges for 0% to 100%. Darkchips would have vary-ing corruption values, depending on the power increase from the original version of the first chip.

Corruption would be used in the following way:

Every 10%, the said navi would get a nerf added on, until said corruption was worn away. I would leave the mods for that. At 100%, the navi would....be lost to the dark side. They would become a random evil boss for the mods to use, or something...(No one on the chat had any ideas for me.) If a navi decided to go out with a bang, and got 120% or over in a single attack, they would self destruct from pure corruption, (do not deal with the following unless in a team battle), All enemies and allies receive 80 damage and gain 10% corruption (instant nerf for your allies!) from the blast.

Darkchips would have an extra Chip stat called corruption. This number would be the % added to your score. UBER darkchips that are more pwnage than other darkchips would have a higher score.

Corruption could be worked off by battling without using them. Every battle won without darkchip usage chips 1% off of your corruption score. Nerfs do not get deleted until your 2% under their threshold. This means you cant use a 10% darkchip, and then only have to deal with it for one battle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can I has cookie now? :3
No. You've been playing too much metroid. This is too needlessly complicated, and adds too much extra stuff to keep track of.

Not that I don't appreciate the effort, but I doubt we can use much of this.
GAME OVER; TERMINAL CORRUPTION. :'D

But in all honesty, no, I wouldn't want this on the board.

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

No. You've been playing too much metroid. This is too needlessly complicated, and adds too much extra stuff to keep track of.

What?

Something like this in metroid?

And anyways, its ONE EXTRA STAT. Its like another signature attack as far as complication. Nerfs/corrpution can be added to the player's signature if need be.

If you want nerfs, I can come up with a list for each %. Its not like there would be many darkchips, also, and I bet you mods have a list somewhere. You guys cant be THAT lazy. Going to 100% would only be for people who actually WANTED to lose their navi, or are too stupid to remember the corruption score for their chip. the 120% thing is like......well its going out with a bang...and EVIL bang.
Actually, there is no list of DarkChips. Why, you ask? Because there is no extensive plan to allow for common DarkChip usage. The reason there was chat discussion is for....Other matters not to be revealed at this time. We thank you for your concern and for the effort placed within your system, but we cannot make use of it at this time. Please continue to place your faith in us and our abilities.

Signed: The Management Team

Quote (Zanallen)

Actually, there is no list of DarkChips. Why, you ask? Because there is no extensive plan to allow for common DarkChip usage. The reason there was chat discussion is for....Other matters not to be revealed at this time. We thank you for your concern and for the effort placed within your system, but we cannot make use of it at this time. Please continue to place your faith in us and our abilities.

Signed: The Management Team

I was posting up because of suggestions in the chat.

Thank you for the thanks, it makes me feel useful.

also....YOU DONT HAVE A LIST OF EVERYTHING IN THE MODCAVE? O.o

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

No. You've been playing too much .hack//. This is too needlessly complicated, and adds too much extra stuff to keep track of.

Fixed.

Also... we DO have a list of everything in the modcave.

Even a list of your weaknesses.

Hee... hee... hee...

-Twi

Quote (Twi)

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

No. You've been playing too much .hack//. This is too needlessly complicated, and adds too much extra stuff to keep track of.

Fixed.

Even a list of your weaknes.

Hee... hee... hee...

-Twi

Fix'd

Also, which .hack and which metroid do you both speak of? I've never played either series, so I wouldn't know.

Also, I posted this as-per a suggestion only, and Dont really expect much from it.

Quote (commondragon)

Quote (Twi)

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

Fixed.

Even a list of your weaknes.

Hee... hee... hee...

-Twi

Fix'd

Also, which .hack and which metroid do you both speak of? I've never played either series, so I wouldn't know.

Also, I posted this as-per a suggestion only, and Dont really expect much from it.

Eh...I think at most they're saying thank you for the suggestion and that's it. This might as well be closed since the system is more complicated and the Great War is at hand already so this shouldn't be of concern right now.

The extra stats and stuff to keep up with will give mods trouble. HP and battlechips are enough already, so I don't want time wasted on things such as rates from DarkChips. Besides, I don't really the DarkChip thing has a need on RE:RN since DarkChips were tools of a plot on the fourth and fifth part of the Battle Network series.

The system is good, but complicated as stated before, the DarkChips have no need in the chapters of RE:RN to my own personal belief since something original might be needed for this forum, and last but not least...we have a list of weaknesses? Wow!

Anyway, yeah, yeah! Diva Rules!
Correction, we have a list of everything that we need to have a list of in the ModCave. As we don't plan on using DarkChips as they were in the latter BN games, we need not a list of those. Besides, a list would be easy enough to come by if one was ever needed. But it isn't. So we don't. We are far too busy with actual important matters to be bogged down with the accumulation of useless lists. Also, Common, if you claim to have only one weakness, and are correcting Twi, please spell the word correctly.
But thats my weakness!
And the fact that it doesn't really fit in with the whole backstory about them. Nor is there anything about the fact that your navi eventually grows an enormous addiction to the darkchips and if he/she misses a few doses, is pulled into Murkland. THAT's the important part... And yes, Diva does rock. In more than one site.
DarkChips are heavy weapons used by very bad people.

D :

We are not very bad people. There's no save games here.

Quote (Legoroy)

Who say's we aren't all bad people?
I'd have to go with everyone else on this one, Common.
Sorry mate.

It's complicated enough (for me, at least) without DarkChips.
Like I've mentioned SO MANY TIMES before, it's been waaaaaay too long since I've been into Rockman.
AKA, wtf is a darkchip lol?
No, no, I know, but meh.

Still; I'd give up on introducing new things, mate. :'D
After looking at several of these topics, all answers have been variations of 'no'.

Quote (Shadow.exe)

Quote (Legoroy)

Who say's we aren't all bad people?

The General Federation Of Being Smart.

In the games, DarkChips are just powered up BattleChips with an HP nerf.

Therefore, it may be possible to have the Dark Fuse ability for signature attacks. Using this signature boosts a battlechip with tremendous power but has the drawback of getting caught in the backlash, adding a bug and slicing your HP.

Nerf effects are lowered if you have the Nebula Armour item, rare and only distributed to high ranking NetMafia personel.

Well, that's just what fell out of my head. Could be an NPC thing.
It is highly recommended that this thread be read whilst stoned/wasted/any combination of the two...