Recover question

While looking over the rule and thinking about one of my fights an idea came to me. I am not sure if it is allowed, and the wording on the recover subtype doesn't say that it isn't but...I want to check.

The recover subtype, as you know, allows you to sac' a chip to recover for half of its damage. Well. Can you sac' a chip that has a turn duration, IE Sword, rageclaw, sential gun, that has already been activated.

EX: Recover navi uses rage claw on right arm. Attacks with rage claw. Next turn still has rage claw on right arm. Sac's the chip to recover. No more rage claw on right arm.

I'm pretty sure that's a no since you've already used the chip.

Also, why are you using an eye-burning font?
Its not that eye burning...maybe I am using it because it is eye burning!!!! Anyways...

Thanks pocket. Any one else have an opinion on this?

Also pocket it could be worse like this for example xD
You might need to hightlight to read it O.o

Ok anyways. Any other opinions?
Sorry for the multi colored post xD
Pocket is correct.

Basically, Recovery Subtype means, when you activate a Chip, Signature Attack, or any other method of damage, you may instead heal for half of that amount to yourself or an ally. When applied for a multi-turn chip, (including hand-helds) you use the chip to get the effect. Having a sword doesn't mean that the chip is still there, it was used earier in the turn, and so the chance to use Convert has passed. This is similar to how Convert only heals for the first hit in multi-hit chips. (I.E. Vulcan Series, Energybomb)

Wow, I'm turning into a rules lawyer.
I don't see this in the rules, so here is a question. I know using a vulcan would only heal 5 damage, but since it's designed to be used three times, could it be used to heal three diferent navis for 5 damage? That would make multi-hit chips 'cure mass _ wounds' spells basically. Sounds stupid, but I think it's a neat idea.
Think this has been addressed in the past, the answer being no, only the first hit counts towards heal and the rest are lost. This was to avoid a bunch of people from buying an assload of Energybombs to whore 60 recovery. Considering the cost of those things, it wouldn't have really been balanced.
Zolem, the ability to do that was my suggestion when the issue was raised. Naturally everyone disagreed then accused me of powergaming to give myself an advantage.
However, whoring 120 dmg energy bombs for attack is fine, so don't be sad XD
I had forgotten about energybombs actually. Those things are borken.
no zolem, the DAMAGE is broken, the accuracy is sucky at best. *slaps a warnring on the energy bombs* 'use ONLY against immobile targets' but ya.....useing something like a vulcan to heal an entire group would make recovery types a BIT over powered.
Not to mention that the Vulcan Series only can have one target, not multiple.

Quote (darkstar1006)

no zolem, the DAMAGE is broken, the accuracy is sucky at best. *slaps a warnring on the energy bombs* 'use ONLY against immobile targets' but ya.....useing something like a vulcan to heal an entire group would make recovery types a BIT over powered.

yeah healing 5 to the maximum of 3-5-7 people is horridly broken XD

Quote (darkstar1006)

no zolem, the DAMAGE is broken, the accuracy is sucky at best. *slaps a warnring on the energy bombs* 'use ONLY against immobile targets' but ya.....

Wait, wouldn't slaping an energy bomb set it off? Oh shit! *RUNS FOR COVER*