Chip Registration?

Chip reg/Virus reg was a huge pain for everyone, and hardly anything was used. So that particular aspect won't be coming back anytime soon.
:[

Despite what Spacemonkey said, I hope we can get it running soon or eventually. As one of the leads in designing the bugger, I think the main problem was that we weren't selective enough in what we approved.

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

Chip reg/Virus reg was a huge pain for everyone, and hardly anything was used. So that particular aspect won't be coming back anytime soon.

Hardly anything was used!? Excuse me, but the Moderators decided that. If you put the chips in a shop at a reasonable price, you can let people actually GET the chips! Huge pain for everyone? No, a huge pain for the Moderators. And the 'prank' chips are removed. You just have to be more strict on the chip registration, that's all.

Aren't you still using Hanz? MistConv? Maru Balls? Any other custom viruses or chips? What about the FirePhoenix and PhoenixShot?

They weren't hardly used. You can't USE something you can't get. Heat-V, Heat Side, Boomerang2, Boomerang3, etc. are 'hardly used' too. All V2 and V3 chips are hardly used as we can't get them! I suggest you remove them if you continue with this opinion.
Yeah, Hanz was one that was quite successful and is still pretty widely used (although honestly, the Timebomb virus, Handy, was already a floating hand XD). I've fought quite a few DoubleCubes as well and had a fun time doing so. A lot of those viruses are more fun than the preexisting ones, actually, because they lend themselves more easily to creative RPing for the battle mod. Braden's had a lot of fun with those Hanz, let me tell you.

I never saw why it was such a big problem, really. I mean, so long as nobody makes any uber viruses or anything, I didn't really see any potential for misuse. Furthermore, a lot of people (such as Heat and I) put a lot of time ourselves into trying to make certain that the viruses were properly balanced, although given, it was hard to estimate how much the viruses should give out.

But come on! Don't you guys want a little Sizmo and Tremor1 battle chip to brighten things up? :3
Steve was a bit abrupt, perhaps.

Virii/chip registration won't return for NOW, at least, while we sort stuff out. With enough desire from the population, I'm sure it'll find it's way back sooner or later.
I'm still waiting to wtfpwn someone with my cute, innocent mimics.
There should be a policy though that prank, ad or just plain stupid chips should be deleted upon posting.
fer gods sake, what's wrong with my policy?

Quote (commondragon)

Here's some clear rules: The mods and admins should base it';s perice on how it goes, and then jack it higher. Custom chips should be more expensive than regular chips. Also a chip thats very high end should not be accepted. Basicly if it's an event only quality, then it's in need of a very hard nerf.

Also, with the virus registration (that would pwn if I can make a good system right now),
Why not salvage it, and put these rules into it:
A: No upgrades of other virii, that's just, well, not logicall. If the best form of said virus is not strong enough, go to highest form of next virus. OR make your own virii's strongest version.
B: They should hand out less money when they are deleated. That's because, well, it's custom, and if you make a custom, it basicly will suck to kill it, because it's custom made. Only a full worht drop should be used if it is a very good application and intende for all the time use. And then upgrades need to be made as it goes on in it's lifecycle.
C: Up to 3 attacks please, We don't want the fullly-stocked-mega-armed-met-ripoff at our doorsteps.
D: Admins will most likely TONE IT EFFING DOWN. PEople who cry when the mods take off 20 HP and 8 of the damage should see that their registrations be denied. That also catches anyone who skims the rules on virus creation.
E: Make it simple enough for everyday busting. Event things are for the staff t handle, not you.

and I am done.

Well, first of all, why would custom chips have to be any more or less expensive than regular ones? I would say that's one of the areas that would just have to be balanced manually. Not really sure what you meant by point B, but it sounds like that isn't making much sense either. DBLCubes are plenty hard enough to get a full worth drop. As for point C, most virii have only one attack (exluding DBLCube, who are themed around that). Point D is already done for everything, so yeah, there's no problem there. No problem with Point E.

Mainly, I'm just not sure why there rewards would be any less. Point C is also superfluous, as are some that simply restate preconcieved ideas for all registration topics.
ok fine, but then again, chips that are custom made are obviously going to be filled with extra fluff, and if you want fluff, you gotta cough up teh dough, yeh hear?

but point D, if you read it all the way, is a rules saying NO WHINING WHAT-SO-EVER. It's a prefect way to catch the people who just take the form and make some virus. Because if they whine a little, that means they will be REJECTED.

Also, on B, that can be revoked on some or all, it's jsut that it's custom, and customs aren't gonna be what you expect. C is because we're gonna see virii with alot of attacks without that.