Gone Purging (and Flailing)

Tatianna's eyes widened a little at Yan's brilliant little plan. Wow, kid! Talk about a spark of genius! "...Y-Yeah! Yeah, totally! Alright, here, lemme get some index values going. Purge needs to catalog this before we can fully get his aim going." Tatianna snapped her fingers, and tapped a few bits of rerouting commands right into that old-style prompt to PurgeMan, who would await further commands, only to be told right from his master herself. "You heard the lady, Purgykins. Yeet that bean." "Affirmative. SandMan, trust me." PurgeMan's tone was... admittedly incredibly dramatic for such an event, the fortuitous union only proving to make this easier for PurgeMan to hurl his ally across and over the blockade.

PurgeMan would simply grip at SandMan's gown, much like he'd done earlier today in that hug, and push his arm upright, much like certain, rock-throwing models. Only to let his buster arm forge back into a... surprisingly flesh-like hand. That was definitely something new. Tatianna's squint was only microscopic as she analyzed that scarred, repaired, stitched hand over and over, not seeing how it moved till PurgeMan identified a line to fire his friend over with the full brunt of his arm's length. "Parabola identified, force determined, ally damage mitigator engaged. ONWAAARD!" Without further ado, the heavy clangs of PurgeMan's boots crashed into the ground, and with his back shoving forward, the front end of his hips slinging out, he HURLED SandMan as far as he could. PurgeMan could only hope his aided insight was enough to at least have SandMan clear that blockade. Now it was time for part two.

With his machine gun slowly forming back over his arm, PurgeMan stomped his foot as hard as he could, and let out one of the most ferocious battlecries he could ever muster, roaring with all his might to these misbegotten, vile viruses, in order to challenge them. Once he does so, all he did was lift his rifle, and lighten his posture a little, even ducking down a little, as to prepare to evade incoming fire. With his distance, he knew he was juuust out of reach of the sonic splash damage those PulseBats could produce, but... probably a bit close to the others. "Come, vermin! Show me what passes for 'fury' among your filthy degenerated ranks! Give me CHALLENGE! GIVE ME A CHALLEEEENGE!" Keeping their aggro in mind, PurgeMan would raise his shield high, and slam it right into the ground, ready to utilize his cover to the point that it broke. He'd done this routine a million times. Hide behind the shield until it shatters, and move like hell till you can find a proper opening to fight back with righteous fury. "I WILL BREAK YOU UPON MY BODY, SHATTER YOU LIKE THE FRAIL LITTLE ABOMINATIONS YOU ARE, DARING TO LOOK MY WAY, AND STEP INTO MY WORLD."

Tatianna's eyes dilate a little, goosebumps raise on her arms and down her spine. God she loved it when he got angry like that, it was an infectious adrenaline rush. A whispered "Hell yeah." escaped Tatianna as she watched her Purgykins prepare for total virus annihilation.

-==PURGING BEGINS==-

-==ACTIONS TO PURGE THE VERMIN==-
Yeeted SandMan
Activated Bulwark of Faith - 2 Hit Shield

-==STATUS==-
Cooldowns: Bulwark of Faith - 0/1
Chips Used: None

With Yan nonchalantly suggesting a direct approach towards defeating the viruses, Tatianna was all the more happy to oblige the request. PurgeMan was similarly prepared for the unorthodox attack method, converting his arm into a form more suitable for launching comrades over a blockade. SandMan was wrenched from the (relative) safety of PurgeMan's pauldron into the air, right over the stack of cubes. The bat that had been perched atop the cubes flew up into the air in surprise, and its comrade at the bottom of the cubes screeched at him on reflex. Thankfully, SandMan's slipstream of sand was able to deflect the sonic wave off int othe distance, and he safely (?) sailed to a tumble behind the cubes. This left PurgeMan alone with the rest of the viruses, which seemed very ready to tear him a new one.

One of the Spooky tore itself away from its fellow ghost and whipped out its slimy tongue against PurgeMan, only to be met with his bulwark that deflected the icky attack. The Teddy tower roared in unison as the bottom one bumrushed him with claws outstretched. Unfortunately, the awkward position meant that only its swipes were able to reach PurgeMan, which he subsequently deflected with his shield once more, though it looked like it wouldn't be able to withstand much more punishment.

-- Viruses --
OldstoveOldstove (Oldstove)

Oldstove viruses move and dodge at a very slow pace.

Area: ACDC, Kotobuki Town, Netfrica, Hades Isle

HP: 50
Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Fire + Line Attack(3) + Panel Crack
Attack Accuracy: B
Attack Description: Flamethrower to one enemy.
Element: Fire
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): FireBurner1, Zenny
Special: Slow Movement. Cracks Terrain.
A: 50 HP [In front of stack of RockCubes, lying on its side] [1 action remaining]
OldstoveOldstove (Oldstove)

Oldstove viruses move and dodge at a very slow pace.

Area: ACDC, Kotobuki Town, Netfrica, Hades Isle

HP: 50
Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Fire + Line Attack(3) + Panel Crack
Attack Description: Flamethrower to one enemy.
Element: Fire
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): FireBurner1, Zenny
Special: Slow Movement. Cracks Terrain.
B: 50 HP [Standing on top of OldStove A's side] [1 action remaining]
SpookySpooky (Spooky)

Area: ACDC, Yoka, Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town, Netopia

HP: 30
Attack: 10 Null
Attack Description: Teleports up to the opponent and slaps with its long tongue.
Element: Null
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Recover10, Recover30 (Rare), Invis1 (Rare), Zenny
Special: Can teleport at will.
- Can use Recover 30 on any virus below 1/2 HP
A: 30 HP [In front of PurgeMan, to his left] [0 actions remaining]
SpookySpooky (Spooky)

Area: ACDC, Yoka, Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town, Netopia

HP: 30
Attack: 10 Null
Attack Description: Teleports up to the opponent and slaps with its long tongue.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Recover10, Recover30 (Rare), Invis1 (Rare), Zenny
Special: Can teleport at will.
- Can use Recover 30 on any virus below 1/2 HP
B: 30 HP [In front of stack of RockCubes] [1 action remaining]
PulseBatPulseBat (PulseBat)

Area: ACDC, Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town, Sharo, NetVegas

HP: 80
Attack Damage/Effect: 30 + Seeking
Attack Accuracy: A
Attack Description: Uses a sonic screech to damage its opponents.
Secondary Attack Effect: EchoLocation
Secondary Attack Description: Launches a sonic pulse to reveal hidden or illusory targets.
Element: None
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Pulsar1, EchoLocation, Zenny.
Special: Airshoes. If PulseBat hits an object, its attack spreads to up to 8 other targets at half damage while dealing full damage to that object. Every other turn, this virus enters High Altitude (dropdown) status and does not attack.
A: 80 HP [In front of stack of RockCubes] [0 actions remaining]
PulseBatPulseBat (PulseBat)

Area: ACDC, Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town, Sharo, NetVegas

HP: 80
Attack Damage/Effect: 30 + Seeking
Attack Accuracy: A
Attack Description: Uses a sonic screech to damage its opponents.
Secondary Attack Effect: EchoLocation
Secondary Attack Description: Launches a sonic pulse to reveal hidden or illusory targets.
Element: None
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Pulsar1, EchoLocation, Zenny.
Special: Airshoes. If PulseBat hits an object, its attack spreads to up to 8 other targets at half damage while dealing full damage to that object. Every other turn, this virus enters High Altitude (dropdown) status and does not attack.
B: 80 HP [Above stack of RockCubes][High Altitude] [0 actions remaining]
TeddyTeddy (Teddy)

Area: ACDC, Yoka, Okuden Valley, Yumland

HP: 100
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 20 + Slashing
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: Tears at an enemy with its claws.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 + Impact x 2 targets
Secondary Attack Accuracy: B
Secondary Attack Description: Picks up and throws one enemy at another.
Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: (Varies) + Impact
Tertiary Attack Accuracy: B
Tertiary Attack Description: Picks up and throws an object at an enemy.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): RageClaw1, Zenny
Special: Will only use its secondary attack if there is more than one enemy. Will only use its tertiary attack if there is an object capable of being thrown.
A: 100 HP [In front of PurgeMan, to his right] [0 actions remaining]
TeddyTeddy (Teddy)

Area: ACDC, Yoka, Okuden Valley, Yumland

HP: 100
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 20 + Slashing
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: Tears at an enemy with its claws.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 + Impact x 2 targets
Secondary Attack Accuracy: B
Secondary Attack Description: Picks up and throws one enemy at another.
Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: (Varies) + Impact
Tertiary Attack Accuracy: B
Tertiary Attack Description: Picks up and throws an object at an enemy.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): RageClaw1, Zenny
Special: Will only use its secondary attack if there is more than one enemy. Will only use its tertiary attack if there is an object capable of being thrown.
B: 100 HP [On Teddy A's shoulders] [0 actions remaining]

-- Navis --
PurgeMan.EXE: 100 HP [A little distance away from the viruses] [Shield 0/2 - Broken!] [1 action remaining]
SandMan.EXE: 115 HP [Behind stack of RockCubes] [Turbulence 0/1] [3 actions remaining]

-- Terrain --
100% Normal
  • No effects.

-- Objects --
RockCube A: 200 HP [In front of the viruses, blocking the path forward]
RockCube B: 200 HP [Stacked on top of RockCube B]
"Whoa!" was the sound of SandMan's discovery that PurgeMan's arm was as wide around as the shrimp's torso. It also, when multiplied into a rapid stream of escalating volume, encompassed everything he had to say about being thrown like a Netopian football by his ally-in-arms. " Following him without missing a beat, looking very content with herself, was Yan's window, and the sound of many, many screencaps been taken. It did nothing but make every second of airtime feel like eternities.

He landed; it was not quick, nor clean, but eventually SandMan was clambering to his feet behind the RockCubes, just as Yan had instructed. "That's good, SandMan, stand right there," Yan slotted the AirShot in, blinking sleepily into the monitor as she spoke. "Now you're gonna want to hit the bottom block, but kind of at the top of it. If it works like my tower game, the first block will kinda launch the blocks on top of it forward too, with the way it spins from where you shoot it. See, SandMan, you thought my PET games were dumb, but I am on these elementary physics." She yawned. "Ohp, too much physics, need...rest..." she slumped, and was defeated once more by the beanbag.

Grasping the Sandbag by its choke, SandMan braced himself against its bulk and levelled the end of the bag at the stone wall. "PurgeMan!" he called over the obstacles and the clamour of viruses, peering round to where it looked like the two bears were harassing the other Navi. There were a lot of viruses leaping about the edges of SandMan's visibility, right on the other side of the cube. Shifting from side to side and dragging his weapon with him, trying to frame as many of them behind the stone tower as he could, that was anything but easy. Capturing a bullet of wind, conversely, was getting easier every time he did it; he let loose a slightly hysterical laugh as he held a tiny storm between his two clenched fists. "We can agree that I trust you, now that I've just let you throw me like a fff-reaking football!" A curl of sand traced a path from his fist to the face of the RockCube; SandMan followed his ears from there to where he could hear PurgeMan's taunting. Taking a few steps to the right and adjusting his aim to PurgeMan's right, he shouted "Now we're gonna agree you trust me, by letting me wing rocks at your head!"

His forward fist relaxed. The Sandbag whiplashed back as a concentrated bullet shot out its flapping mouth, fit to unleash its brand of inertial chaos on the world. "Yan! Do we have anything for defence?" SandMan asked, cringing. Yan's strategy had been sound for offence, but without the RockCubes to rely on, the field felt incredibly wide and open.

Yan flicked through the folder's sparse contents, and shook her head. "Nothing you could use to take cover, anyway," she said, holding several up to the screen as though to emphasise. "Just stay light on your feet and let PurgeMan keep their attention...provided you didn't bury him, of course," she suggested, targeting Tatianna with a mildly apologetic grin.

"Oh come on, why did you put that thought in my head? Oh good grief..." SandMan groused, hefting his bag over his shoulder once more. They definitely still had their work cut out for them, but hopefully dropping a few tons of stone on the viruses' heads would help things along. He'd just have to do as his Operator said and keep on his toes - slightly difficult to manage gracefully with a giant sandbag in your arms, but no-one had ever accused SandMan of being particularly graceful.

-Turn Summary-
1. Line up viruses behind RockCubes
2. AirShot1: RockCubeA [40 Null {A}, Microburst] (aimed toward TeddyA)
3. Dodge