Spiders and Speed Demons

Sylk was less than pleased that her attacks had only done minor damage to her targets, but atleast it was better then missing all together. The spider ran one of her many arms gently along the armor which had protected her through the attack, and smiled softly. Thank you, Vector She knew that ahd she been on her own, she couldn't fight this freely. Though she also felt bad for letting Vector protect her from her own rash actions.

As her crimson gaze caught the changing of the battle field, it made her feel nothing but uneasy. It was just one more problematic element to the battle already, and it could potentially leave her in trouble if she wasn't careful. She was especially weary of the sea surrounding where she was located, not exactly fond of the open waters.

When Mach arrived on the scene, Sylk held back her next attack to listen to what the navi had to say. Her attacks hadn't done much, but if she atleast helped keep the enemy occupied it would have to do. She nodded in agreement with Machs words, and prepared to attack once more. I'll try to finish these ones off, and i'll keep my eyes out for anything suspicious.

With that, Sylk Readied the elecknife once more in her mid right arm. The weapon crackled as she gripped it tightly, deciding which enemy to strike down first. Her body leaned forward. Her legs bent down. All 8 eyes opened wide. Sylk's body gathered power into it's lower half as she drew her arms closer to her body. All but the one holding the knife. She oulled it back, flipping it in her hands so the blade faced away from her. With little warning, the arachnid sprung forth at one of the nightmares. The blade left a trail of electricity behind as she clenched it tightly within claw-like fingers. Her arm lashed out at her target as she got close, as flash of lightning as the knife streaked across the air at her enemy hoping to hit it's target.

Sylk's movements didnt stop however, as she placed her arms to the ground. She pushed off the floor beneath her with all her limbs, changing the path she had been on in order to continue her assault on a new target. As her feet returned to the ground, her legs coiled up once more. Her lower hands were against the sand, digging in as well as they could. On the unstable terrain, every little bit of balance helped. Using her lower arms in tandem with her legs, she pushed off with both as she flew towards the second nightmare. She drew the elecknife in towards her body, as each of her upper 4 arms gripped around the tiny handle. They extended outwards as electricity swirled around the blade, aiming to pierce the virii before her.

Sylk quickly jumped back after her attack, and went on the defensive. Sylk quickly went on the move, not wanting to remain on beach for much longer, and attempted to get herself to better ground. The sand only seemed to be a hindranced, and that was the last thing she needed right now. With the Elecknife now being held in one of her left hands, she gathered some new chip data into her mid right. As the chip took form, Sylk kept a watch on everything around her, keeping in mind what Mach said and waiting with a shield in hand. Both the guard1 and Vector began to glow for a moment, resonating together, before quickly dying down. Sylk wasn't exactly sure what happened, but she trusted in whatever it was Vector had just done.

Summary:

1) Elecknife ( 60 elec + slashing - 6 uses) @ NightmareB

2) Elecknife ( 60 elec + slashing - 6 uses) @ NightmareA

3) Dash toward Furnace panels

4) Guard1

Vector: Reinforce Guard1

Elecknife - 2 uses left.

Venom torrent - 1 turn remaining
((Until Junctions are fix'd, Reinforce duz not work hurr. Not that it matters, anyhow.))

Loading up a Magnum triple-barreled cannon, Machman locked onto the Gaia on one of the beaches. His first shot was blocked by the same block of black from earlier and spared the clown-Gaia behind, but the other was down for the count. The silly Gaia responded by whacking the ground with its powerful hammer smash, causing the armor Vector gave her to crack even further. For the moment, the Nightmares watched the new Machman fly around them, and were puzzled at its apparent lack of life. They hacked at it for a bit before realizing its fakeness. As such, they ignored Sylk's rather strange antics as she hacked at air, being a bit too far away to hit anything with her stubby little knife. She did do the right thing by going to the furnace panel, though, as the DarkMechs began to fire their electrical stunning balls. The balls ignored the Sylk decoy Machman made, going straight for the original. However, they were a mite far to successfully hit her accurately. Meanwhile, Machman was getting his Superior Thrust Laser up, blasting away a DarkMech into the sea and causing it to aghcan'tbreathdie- The other DarkMech evaded the Cannonball Mach threw, and stayed where it was, not being dead. Thereafter, he teleported up to the Nightmares and gave them what-for.

Then, their surroundings changed yet again, this time of a more technological-looking place. The DarkMech, which was supposed to be in the sea, got caught in the change and was instantly deleted.

- 0 Degrees -
Large Boulder: 222HP
GaiaA: 100HP [Clownface palette switch]
GaiaB: DELETED

- 90 Degrees -
EarthDragon: DELETED
DarkMechA: DELETED
DarkMechB: 120HP

- 180 Degrees -
Large RockA: 100HP
Large RockB: 100HP
Large RockC: 100HP
NightmareA: DELETED
NightmareB: DELETED

- 270 Degrees -
MuteAnt: DELETED
???A: DELETED
???B: DELETED

Terrain: (Changes Every Turn on Moderator's Discretion)
3: Science Labs Simulatron

The battlefield is now a vast expanse of cyberspace, with the sky replaced as a green gridsphere. Five platforms of varying heights are denoted as 70% Normal, separated each by 30% Missing in their own space. Clockwise, the heights of the platforms, in relation to the middle platform, are 6 feet, 10 feet, 0 feet, and negative 12 feet.

Grand Total: 500% Random.

(floating above 180degree platform)
MachMan.EXE: 160HP [AeraMobility+3] [HeavyShielding7] [BusterLock1] [Afterburner]

(on middle platform)
Sylk.EXE: 140HP [VectorArmor10] [Guard1]
Machman watched as the battlefield changed once again, this time into a more digital atmosphere, complete with floating platforms. He also noted only two viruses remained, one Gaia, and a DarkMech on the highest floating platform. He knew the Gaia's had very tough armor, and didn't know if Sylk still had enough heavy weaponry to destroy it. However, the DarkMech was a bit out of reach, since the platform was over 10 feet in the air, and even further away from her platform in a lateral sense. He thought fast, since he wouldn't be able to track both targets at once for long.

Mazer, requesting AirHockey1 chip.

[What about the DarkMech?]

I'll leave it to Sylk.

[You realize that platform is separated from her platform by a good 30 feet, right?]

Of course; I'm going to give her a lift.

[... oh. Right then, battlechip uploaded.]

Machman rolled as his thrusters burned brightly and dove towards Sylk's platform. He easily leveled out and slid towards her as he stood upright, floating an inch or two from the ground. He spoke as he made his gradually slowing approach.
We still have a virus on that upper platform, I'll give you a lift.

He quickly zipped to her side as he ducked down just slightly to place his right forearm behind Sylk's knees, as his left arm extended across her back. He then moved his right arm to the right and then up, and literally swept Sylk off her feet. She would have simply fallen on her back, but his left arm remained firm and kept her in a slightly seated position. Sylk was a bit heavier than Aera, only due the extra pairs of arms, but Vector's armored plates that wrapped around her assisted with the load. Machman looked down at Sylk to check she was okay, before he looked up at the platform ahead.
Hang on.

His wing thrusters erupted and caused the pair of Navis to smoothly lift off from the platform and quickly fly towards the floating platform. As they flew up, Machman's Decoy drones moved to his sides and quickly used their holoprojectors to create two exact replicas of Machman, holding Sylk in his arms. They then zipped ahead, and split off in two directions before they went up and over the platforms first. Hopefully with the DarkMech distracted by the flanking Decoys, Machman and Sylk darted beneath the platform before they flew up and over, with the Decoy's positions on their extreme right and left. He didn't have much time to drop Sylk off, since the DarkMech could have possibly seen through the decoy's ruse, and his energy shields may not be able to protect them both. He quickly leveled out and floated an inch above the ground.
I'll leave this one to you; I'll take care of the Gaia.

Mach lowered his right arm to allow Sylk's feet to make contact with the floor before he let her slide from his left arm. As soon as Sylk was safely deployed, Machman touched down on the edge of the platform and started to fall backwards. As he did, he rapidly blurred out of sight and disappeared, only to have re-appeared behind the Gaia virus. He held a darkened metal disk, almost the size of an old nickel-metal hydrate film canister, almost 2 feet in diameter. His arm was already drawn back, and he gripped the metal disk like a discus thrower. He quickly whipped his arm forward and released the AirHockey puck towards the Gaia, with the hopes that the dense metal disk would shatter its armor and render the Gaia deleted.

Mach remained floating a foot or two in the air, but he remained perched there for only a moment or two before he jetted backwards and started to return to Sylk's platform as he rolled and strafed from side to side in an attempt to ward off any counterattacks by the Gaia, if it still remained.

ACTIONS:
-[Mobility Movement: Move down to Sylk's platform]-
1. Strategic Movement: Pick up Sylk
-[Mobility Movement: Move on to the far West edge of the DarkMech's platform]-
2. Strategic Movement: Drop off Sylk
3. SCRAM Boost: Teleport Behind GaiaA (Teleport + 2TCD)
4. AirHockey1: GaiaA (50dmg Break + Ground Attack + Rebound x3)
5. Dodge
6. Afterburner Cooldown

DecoyA: Move to the far North edge of the 90 degree platform (Mimicking Machman carrying Sylk w/ Vector Armor Junction)
DecoyB: Move to the far South edge of the 90 degree platform (Mimicking Machman carrying Sylk w/ Vector Armor Junction)

Cooling Sigs:
Heavy Shielding: 1 Turn Remaining
Rising Barrage: 5 Turns Remaining
---- Buster Function Restored
Superior Thrust Laser: 2 Turns Remaining
SCRAM Boost: 1 Turn Remaining
SCRAM Boost: 2 Turns Remaining
What do you mean you'll give me a l-EEP!

The slight yelp escaped her mouth involuntarily as the ever fast Mach speed in and picked her up off her feet. Sylk was slightly embarassed, but at the same time, she didn't exactly mind it. She trusted that mach wouldn't let anything happen to her, so she just tried to relax and enjoy the moment. All the while keeping her hands to herself, fighting the urge to ruin the moment with a few tactically placed hands. It was only a matter of moments until she was placed back onto her feet. She definitely prefered to be on the solid ground, but the thought of flying around once in a while was a little exciting; As long as it was with either mach or aera, atleast.

Alright, i'll do my best to get rid of this guy. Sylk called back to Mach, as she turned to face the darkmech. She felt like she had to make up for her lack of success against the shadow-like virii earlier. She needed to go all out this time, since the tiny knife was clearly no good. Rei~ be a dear and send me all my strong chips, k? The spider called to her Operator with a toothy grin. It was only a few seconds before the request was granted, as she felt the data begin to download to her body.

Summoning flames to swirl around her body, Sylk extended her arms and gathered the energy into one focal point between 4 of her unoccupied hands. The fire twisted and danced as it collected into a sphere of crimson red before her, as it rose in heat. As Sylk concentrated, she began to add her own power into the blazing orb, powering it up. The flames changed from red, to green, to blue, and finally an indigo as the intensity rose in almost an instant. With little warning, the fireball erupted forth, spreading out and taking the shape of a phoenix as it barreled towards the dark mech.

A bit of the purple flames seemed to linger on sylk's body however, and quickly spread out along two of her arms. She took a fighting stance as her eyes locked on to the dark mech, Watching it's movements carefully as the purple blaze danced and flickered. Once she had gotten the approximate distance figured out, she let lose her arms with a right hook followed by a quick left uppercut. The flames shot forth, and copied sylk's movements without hesitation, intending to smash the target into deletion.

Upon attacking, sylk quickly resumed her defensive stance as she had previously done, readying the shield she had yet to use before.

Summary:

1) Phoenixshot2 (90 + 10 fire, wide) @ DarkMechB

2) firehit1 (60+10 fire + impact, double hit) @ DarkMechB

3) firehit1 double hit (60+10 fire + impact, double hit) @ DarkMechB

4) guard1
Machman carried Sylk to her target, who smashed it with healthy doses of FIRE. The Gaia was similarly smashed with healthy doses of HOCKEY.

- 0 Degrees -
Large Boulder: 222HP
GaiaA: DELETED [m]
GaiaB: DELETED [m]

- 90 Degrees -
EarthDragon: DELETED [m]
DarkMechA: DELETED [m]
DarkMechB: DELETED [s]

- 180 Degrees -
Large RockA: 100HP
Large RockB: 100HP
Large RockC: 100HP
NightmareA: DELETED [m]
NightmareB: DELETED [m]

- 270 Degrees -
MuteAnt: DELETED [m]
???A: DELETED [m]
???B: DELETED [m]

Terrain: (Changes Every Turn on Moderator's Discretion)
3: Science Labs Simulatron

The battlefield is now a vast expanse of cyberspace, with the sky replaced as a green gridsphere. Five platforms of varying heights are denoted as 70% Normal, separated each by 30% Missing in their own space. Clockwise, the heights of the platforms, in relation to the middle platform, are 6 feet, 10 feet, 0 feet, and negative 12 feet.

Grand Total: 500% Random.

(floating above 180degree platform)
MachMan.EXE: 160HP [AeraMobility+3] [HeavyShielding7] [BusterLock1] [Afterburner]

(on middle platform)
Sylk.EXE: 140HP [VectorArmor10] [Guard1]

-BATTLE ONE, VICTORY!!-

Rewards:

MachMan:
- [SummonBlack1] Battlechip
- 1600z
- 41 BugFrags
- 7 Sylk FXP
Sylk:
- [MachineSword] Battlechip
- 250z
- 7 Machman FXP
With the DarkMech burned to ash and the Gaia reduced to rubble, Machman jumped into the air and let his wing thrusters push him through the air as he approached Sylk's floating platform. He started to gain speed as he got closer to the platform's edge. He blasted past the platform just as his thrusters tapered off; he still had more than enough momentum to continue climbing. As he did so, he leaned forward and started a slow front flip in the air as he reached the apex of his "jump" and started to fall to the floating platform below. He tucked his arms against his side as he threw his weight to one side and started to spin as he flipped forward. He used his overwatch drones and his own eyesight to keep be aware of his position, and his arms quickly became outstretched and halted his rotation. The thrusters on his chest and feet flickered as they fired sporadically to slow him down as he touched down.

He landed on both feet and crouched to absorb the impact before he stood up straight as he looked over to Sylk.
And that's that. Good work, Sylk!

He started to walk towards her, and as he did, he noticed a few scratches and dents on the protective armor covering her body.
Looks like you really held up well, Vector. Are you alright?

A single red eye appeared on the armor on Sylk's abdomen, and it looked over towards Machman before Vector spoke.
Of course, sire. The enemy was unable to pierce my armor.
Excellent to hear, Vector. The battle is over, so you may stand down.
As you wish.

Vector's metal plates gradually started to slide away from each other as they floated away from Sylk's body, before they harmlessly floated past her and recombined into his normal form a few feet away. Some of the bugfrags left over from the battle started to float towards Vector and were absorbed into his body. Mach felt relieved that both Sylk and Vector emerged relatively unscathed, but then felt something else: an odd sensation coming from his back. He paused for a moment, but then was distracted as he felt two arms come from over his shoulders and slide past his neck before they connected to each other on his chest. He looked down to see the familiar-looking arms, then felt a chin on his shoulder. He looked to his left to see Aera grinning as she looked back.
Thanks for the boost Aera. No offense, but it still feels a bit... wierd.

Aera giggled as she eased herself down to the ground and released her grip.
Yeah, it's kinda weird, but it doesn't seem too much different when I'm in the MachFighter. It just feels as if I'm seeing everything with your eyes. I feel just as safe as I do in MachFighter, so don't worry about me.

Aera walked over to Sylk, and smiled as she crossed her hands behind her back.
I could also see how well you did out there as well. You really have become a lot stronger!
Mazer also chimed in from a small pop-up window that opened next to Mach.
[I agree. I see you are utilizing glitches in your techniques as well; that must really come in handy.]
Thanks~ Though im still no match for you three, heh. The spider tried to accept the comment, but her own performance compaired to that of the others fell short. She was far from pleased at how her attacks had turned out, and could only think about trying to improve herself even more. Sylk didn't bother mention it to the group though. There would be no point. She just smiled and tried to ignore the feeling of weakness for now.

you know, you would think glitches would be more useful, but... As sylk recalled all her past experience with the ability, her expression changed to that of dissapointment. I think i get more useless or enemy helpful results then something thats actually aiding me. Though I did get a pretty sweet weapon one time, heehee. That aside, it's really difficult to use. Sylk spoke as she relaxed her stance and crossed her arms in frustration. She really wished she could control the powers, though it was a fairly impossible idea.

Glitch is all well and good, but I think I'd be better of with my own cute little partner, heh. Vector was quite a help, after all~ She grinned at the image. imagining all the fun she could have.
Mach crossed his arms as Mazer scratched his chin upon hearing Sylk's comments on her glitching abilities. They began to realize utilizing something as unpredictable as a glitch or bug would be incredibly advantageous, completely ineffective, or anything in between.
[I see, so the glitches themselves are somewhat unpredictable... I guess it just goes to luck, and the ability to adapt to a constantly changing battle environment.]
With those abilities, added to your terrain change skills, I wouldn't be surprised if you become able to adapt to anything you face. I found my defeats came entirely from being unable to adapt to a non-conventional battle situation. You have the building blocks to become an incredibly flexible and dynamic warrior; I'm kind of jealous!

Mazer and Machman chuckled in unison, but they stopped halfway through upon the realization that they sounded almost exactly alike. Aera started to laugh as the pair looked at each other, surprised at the near-perfect similarity their voices had. Vector continued to be Vector and remained silent. However, Vector turned to Sylk as she complemented his use in battle, and bowed.
Thank you for your kind words, Miss Sylk. The enemy is no match for my armor.

Vector stood up straight and almost seemed to... flex. His body plates seemed to slide sharply into place and made a metallic clang as they almost acted like muscles tensing up. His glowing red eye seemed to shine a bit brighter, and reflected off the shined surface of his armor. Machman raised an eyebrow as he watched Vector.
{Is Vector... showing off? Interesting.}

Mazer was too busy fiddling with his PET to notice what was happening inside the Net, but he seemed to find what he was looking for, and spoke up.
[Are you looking for a way to obtain a SP, Sylk? You can actually request one in the Mission BBS in InternetCity. You can receive the data to build a Support Program as a reward for completing a requested task or mission. Normally the missions are somewhat difficult, but you probably won't have too much trouble with one.]
If you get one, let us know, I'll probably want to meet it!

Mazer glanced back down at his PET, and noticed the time.
[Wow, it's already getting late. Time flies... I have some work to do, and paperwork to fill out, so we need to go.]

Aw...
Aera had a look of disappointment on her face, but put on a smile as she turned to Sylk.
Looks like we have to cut this meeting short.
I look forward to seeing you again, Miss Sylk.
Vector spoke up, which he doesn't often do. Aera approached Sylk and gave her a warm hug.
It was great to see you again, we're so glad you were okay.

As Aera hugged their arachnid friend, Machman chimed in.
I'll send you our email address; feel free to contact us whenever you want.
Aera released her grip and waved as she took a few steps back. The trio started to glow cyan as Mazer activated the log-out function, and they beamed out of the network.

Sylk GET: Mazer's Email [M.Patrovski@PSAOM.org]

((Logged Out))
Take care everyone~ I'm sure we'll see eachother again soon! She called out as she saw them begin to dissapear from her sight, a little sad to see them go once more. She was rather enjoying the times she spent with them, even if they weren't for very long. Upon there complete dissapearance, Sylk's happy expression seems to wane slightly, as she turned away from where they once stood.

[You dont believe them, do you?]

Rei decided to stop hiding himself, as he saw the discomfort within his navi. It was clear she was still worried about what she was capable of, and after seeing the difference between herself and her friends, it was only natural she would feel weak. Rei wasn't really sure what he could say to cheer her up, nor did he think he could. After a few seconds of silence, he tyried to put his thoughts together into words.

[You can't keep comparing yourself to them, you know. Your still young, and they've been around for a long while... In fact, i've met them before you were even born.] Rei paused for a moment, remebering his past days he spent with his old navi. He didn't exactly want to bring it up, for his own sake as well as trying not to annoy sylk. However it was relevant to what he was trying to get at, and couldnt let it go. Taking a deep breath he continued.

[ They helped out me and curse a few times, and they were amazing back then to. They seem to have forgotten, and I'm not going to drag them into my problem, but my point is you'll reach their level. You just need time.]

Sylk didn't know what to say. She hung her ehad low, as the words ran through her head. Even her new friends were related to the navi she was created to find. She didn't believe that they would leave her once he returned, but the connection still hurt a little the more she thought about it. Suddenly she cried out to her OP, a mix of anger and desperation in her voice.

Then find someone to train me! Someone who can help me understand my abilities, and make use of them! I don't want to go around barely winning or being useless to those around me... I'm just... wasting all the power i've been given.

Rei was stunned to say the least. He couldn't bring himself to tell her she was wrong, only because he was at a loss for words. All he could do was agree to her idea at this point.

[...Alright. Lets go then. I have an idea of where we can look, thanks to those three.]

With that, a pillar of light surrounded the spider, only to draw her away from the flashy surroundings that were NetVegas. She could only hope Rei's idea would actually work.

((logged out))
[+4 FXP to Mach/Sylk for Interaction]