You Jelly? Because Blub's jelly.

It didn't take long for SplashMan to locate the lavafall. He immediately became a bit on edge upon seeing it; that was the exact sort of place things happened at. And, what was with that weird noise? He didn't like it one bit. "Careful, Blub! Something's nearby." He didn't need to say that, since the jellyfish went on guard as soon as he did, but it was never a good idea to not be careful.

"Where's it coming from? I don't see anything."

"...There!" He looked up at the top of the flowing lava, though he didn't see anything just yet. "And it's getting closer!" Yep, that sound was getting louder...and louder...and then there was more than a noise. It was...er, what was it? It kind looked like a big lava blob. Fortunately, it was kind enough to hop down and give him a better view. And..."Hey...doesn't that look kinda like Blub?"

"It totally is! It's a big angry Blub made of lava!...And it has a mouth. I wouldn't call it an upgrade, though...Blub's cuter!"

The SP beamed at being told it was superior to the big angry thing, albeit in nothing relevant to what was about to happen, as the Navi prepared for action...only to watch it spit out some lava. Good thing he didn't jump headlong at it or anything. All right, now to scan it for...wait, were those numbers right? "Uh, Sabrina? I just did a scan to check its battle routines, but that can't be right. Can you double check for me?"

"Sure." PET auto-scanning: the best scanning. "...Uh, it says you can totally beat it with both arms tied behind your back. And your feet tied. And probably blindfolded, too."

"So I wasn't wrong? ...I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It's just a regular Net area, after all. Good thing we didn't really come for the challenge, huh?"

"Yeah. Well, you don't need me to beat big bad evil Blub, so have fun!"

"Thanks..." He still couldn't believe it was THAT easy. And yet, he saw absolutely nothing that would even hint at it not being true. There was only one way to know for sure, though. And to that end, he started charging up his internal water supply into his cannons, and lowered them into firing range. It was a clean shot, so no need to angle it...cannon water pressure rising...rising...max. Giant lava Blub in his sights...fire! Though ironically, the only thing that was fired was enough water to douse pretty much any blaze. That included the protective ones around the lava entity, and the being itself. But, just in case it didn't, he'd given himself and his operator plenty of time to come up with a new plan.

[Order of Turn:
0a-Reserve Tank R sig effect (Buster Charge, passive)
0b-Reserve Tank L sig effect (Buster Charge, passive)
1-Water Splash charge attack on Blob (200, Aqua, Break)
---TURN SPLICE---
While SplashMan revelled in his dramatic power difference and the ease with which he intended to extinguish the blob of magma, said blob of magma wasn't waiting around to take it. As the water navi charged his cannons, the blob opened its mouth and hocked another gob of magma spit, this time in Blub's direction. The flying magma ball was more accurate this time, crashing messily into the squishy SP before he could get out of the way (-30). Worse, the splash of magma on the furnace panels beneath their feet sent stinging droplets of the lava across to SplashMan as well, though it wasn't nearly enough to interrupt his aiming (-6).

The heat mirage radiating from the furnace underneath his feet wasn't helping matters, but even so, he managed to make a solid aim on where the irksome slime was. Emphasis on 'was'. The shot looked good, from SplashMan's perspective, but the heat haze revealed after his impressively powerful blast, that the magma slime had, in fact, dodged to the side and sunk a little lower in the lava, unharmed but waving his tentacles angrily. The blast itself sent up a roar of super-heated steam as the water pulse hit the lava, converting a square right in the middle of the pool back into normal panelling. Blob was not going to be happy about this ruination of his swimming pool.

A moment later, the ground underneath SplashMan's feet turned super-hot, and an unexpected column of fire roared upwards, engulfing the navi in a brief inferno, and sending errant licks of flame splashing outwards to curl painfully around his SP as well (-30, -6).

Small and not particularly intimidating it might be, but apparently the little magma blob meant business.

-=Furious Magma Flan, Blob.bak=-

Blob.bak: 300Hp [Lava][10hp Fire Barrier][10Hp Fire Casing]

-=Unwanted Water-types=-

SplashMan.Exe: 404 Hp [Furnace]
Blub.SP: 16 Hp [Furnace]

-=Lava-Park=-

30% Lava [Circular pool, back left hand side of the area]
15% Coal [Thin ring around Lava pool]
50% Furnace [The Rest]
5% Normal [Single panel right in the middle of the Lava Pool]

SplashMan has 5 Actions remaining.
Blub has 3 Actions remaining.
"Blub!" SplashMan fully realized where that second ball of lava was going immediately, but his SP was paying more attention to the shimmering caused by the furnaces, and by the time he noticed the red hot liquid with his name on it, it was too late. Splat. While the heat spread underneath the Navi's feet, he was too incensed at his SP being harmed to care. "That does it! You're going down!" He proceeded to launch his obscenely strong Water Splash...and from his angle, everything looked like it went according to plan. But, why wasn't his reward data showing up? And where did that chunk of non-boiling lava come from? Unless-

WHOOSH!

"...Ow." It felt worse than it really was, though, and aside from some humorous soot appearing, the water tank Navi didn't suffer any long lasting effects. His more pressing concern was the rapidly failing health of the jellyfish next to him. "Sabrina, medical emergency!"

"Yeah, one more hit and he's a goner. And we can't have that. Here!" Sabrina, fortunately, was one of those operators that knew exactly where every single chip in her folder was, so she had just the chip at the ready in no time. "BattleChip, Recover150! Slot in!"

A ball of pink energy formed in SplashMan's hand, instead of its usual aura effect. Without delay, he threw it down on Blub, and he experienced the tingly feeling that accompanied having one's HP healed. Or maybe that was because of the bubbles forming inside of him...apparently, recovery made him fizzy. He didn't seem to mind, though, so the Navi refocused on the less watery, but still bubbly, evil Blub before him. By now he realized at least part of the reason his aim was so bad; the furnace-like area was giving him a pretty nasty mirage effect. "I gotta get to a less shimmery spot...but not you, Blub! You stay here and stay safe, okay?" The SP nodded, though it went unnoticed.

"Well, if the fight's not working for you there, I say we take the fight to him!" Yep, moving over to a tiny patch of cooled lava to fight off an evil jellyfish made out of magma. This was the internet, all right. "BattleChip, AreaGrab! BattleChip, AquaBlade! Double slot in!"

In what was basically guaranteed to happen in every single battle he participated, SplashMan vanished from the visible realm, had his data relocated, and reformed. This time, however, he was now standing precariously on a small chunk of rock. Which, admittedly, was better than the last time he was this close to molten stone. As well, his right hand was gone, and replaced with a two-bladed sword, with water energy forming a blade shape between them. The whole thing had a crisp blue aura around it. Most likely, by Sabrina's reckoning, the sword was long enough to reach out and stab his foe. All he had to do was face his burning opponent, and, with all his might, try to penetrate it with his longsword. ...But not his LongSword, since didn't even have one of those. "This...is for hurting Blub! Hraaah! Yaaah!" With all the force he could muster without it propelling him into the drink, the aquatic fighter thrust his blade forward in a rapid one-two combo, to extinguish the battle before it could do anything more to his jellyfish.

Blub, at least, was content to experience potential revenge by proxy, and braced himself for any evasive maneuvers, in case his fiery doppelganger tried anything his way again before it was snuffed out.

---TURN SPLICE---
2-Recover150 chip on Blub (150, S, Recovery)
3-AreaGrab chip to Normal panel (S, Teleport)
4-AquaBlade chip attack on Blob (100, Aqua, B, Slashing, Long Attack)
5-AquaBlade chip attack on Blob (100, Aqua, B, Slashing, Long Attack)
---TURN SPLICE 2---

Blub:
1-Dodge
2-Dodge
3-Dodge]
Once again, Blub proved that, in terms of weapons-level adorableness, he was the SP that was master of all he surveyed. Fizzy-good healing aside, however, his evil opposite gave another furious, burbling cry, flailing its tentacles from the safety of his lava pool. As he did, the outer layer of the magma blob darked and cooled, growing crustier and progressively move rock-like. It's voice began to sound positively craggy.

SplashMan was more than ready to put an end to these offensive shenanigans, and teleported to his ready-made platform in the middle of the lava, but when he arrived, the water navi found himself surrounded by not one, but three slightly craggy, lava-covered flans, that began to circle his pillar while reaching out towards him with their tentacles.

SplashMan did what he had come to do, however, and slashed out with his potent, watery blade. He was rewarded with an angry hissing sound, and another violent explosion of steam. As hard as it was to see anything, it was fairly certain he'd struck true on something, and by the time the steam cleared he caught sight of the mostly molten end of a slime as it slithered off yet another normalised panel in the middle of its pool. There still appeared to be three of them, however, and in that moment all three lashed out, ensnaring SplashMan with their tentacles. It was a swift action that wrapped him up and held him still, though if two of the magma slimes around him were decoys, the mass of feelers made it very hard to work out just by touch which was which. This was not a pleasant hug. It was, in fact, quite a burn-y hug, and not at all fun. There was every possibility that the real Blob wanted to pull the uninvited guest into the lava with him, but for now SplashMan was able to remain safely on his platform.

Even if he was being held still by the hot jelly hugs, SplashMan was still quite able to lash out with his sword again. Another successful hit, another violent explosion of steam, only this time, as it cleared, he was down to just two magma slimes in the pool. They both bubbled and cooed menacingly at him, as though to imply that, if he took a dip in the lava with them, maybe a dunk or two under the surface... he might see how fun the lava pool was, and reconsider destroying it.

-=Furious Magma Flan, Blob.bak=-

Blob.bak: 299Hp [Lava][Barrier Destroyed!][Casing Destroyed!][StoneBody][Is one of the two flans in the lava pool]
Blob.Decoy: --Hp [Lava][StoneBody, but not really because it's a decoy][Is one of the two flans in the lava pool]

-=Unwanted Water-types=-

SplashMan.Exe: 404 Hp [Normal][Hold (1 turn)][HotHug: 10Fire per Action, Max 30Fire. 0/30 Dealt]
Blub.SP: 90 Hp [Furnace]

-=Lava-Park=-

20% Lava [Circular pool, back left hand side of the area]
50% Furnace [The Rest]
15% Normal [Three spots, Forming Normal platforms in the Lava pool]

SplashMan has 1 Action remaining.
So, lava Blub could harden into stone. Good to know. Also good to know that its tentacles weren't just for show, and could even hold him in place. Now, if only he'd known that before rushing in with his sword. "Ugh, I can feel my water temperature rising again...ow! I guess I should just be glad I don't have lungs...this would suffocate someone that does!"

"Huh, that's...totally not something I would've thought about until you said something about it. But you still should get out as soon as you can. I know, I'll send you-"

"No need, Sabrina! If he wants up close and personal with me, I'll give it to him!" ...A moment passed, but nothing happened. "...I'll give it to him!" ...More nothing. "Um, maybe I DO a need chip...the tentacle's got the bottom of my cannons jammed! I can't charge him!"

"And this is why we always go all out when we can. Could you even imagine the mess we'd be in by now if we'd put on the brakes?"

"If we don't do something soon, we're gonna find out!"

"Right...well, your arm's free, so let's stick with your up close and personal thing!" Sure, he COULD use a gun, but where was the fun in that? Besides, guns weren't much for getting through hardened lava. "BattleChip, GutsImpact! Slot in!"

SplashMan's right fist suddenly grew, and gained a yellow and dark gray color scheme. He reared back...or at least, as much as he could given his current bind, and tried his luck at punching the tentacle. It wouldn't be that hard to connect, seeing as how he was literally covered by his target...right? Well, aside from the fact there were two of them, and both looked equally real. And felt equally real. Really, he just had to hope that his fist hit the actual lava Blub, and give it the jellyfish equivalent of being hit in the shin. At least that was a pain he himself would never know...and, judging by his operator's reaction to just walking into something shin first, he should be eternally grateful for that. But for now, he'd settle for inflicting it on something else.

---TURN SPLICE 2---
6-GutsImpact chip attack on Blob (160, B, Break, Impact, Knockback)

Blub:
(all actions issued for turn)]
As irksome and discomfiting as the magma flan's embrace was, it wasn't really anything more than a minor annoyance for SplashMan himself. Even with his cannons getting all slimed up, the reality was that it would only take a single proper hit from the navi to put the strange critter in its place.

As the overly enthusiastic hugs of the lava blob and its clone burned an scorched, SplashMan retaliated against the invasion of his personal space by lashing out at one of the slimes. His punch connected solidly, and, in a moment that must probably have been a relief for all involved, his target didn't disappear. Instead, the blow created a satisfying cracking sound and flung the blob of molten lava back out of its pool and onto the coal bed on the edge.

Uneven cracks raced through its hardened shell, which quickly cracked open like some kind of strange egg, and crumbled away, leaving a very deflated-looking Blob flattened out and melted over the coals. It burbled, making a piteous moaning sound and weakly waving two tentacles in the air, although it seemed to lack the stamina to pick itself up. Its mouth line was a squiggly frown and its eyes peeked up at SplashMan from its somewhat melted state.

The blob that was still in the lava pool shrank back, then paused to look back and forth between SplashMan, and the other Blob, distressed and uncertain about what exactly it should be doing now. The jig was up at this point but it still tried to slide over to put itself between the navi and its master, doing its best to make itself look big and intimidating. It's success in this attempt was... dubious, at best.

-=Furious Deflated Magma Flan, Blob.bak=-

Blob.bak: 1Hp [Coal][Barrier Destroyed!][Casing Destroyed!][StoneBody Ended]
Blob.Decoy: --Hp [Lava][Trying unsuccessfully to act threatening]

-=Unwanted Water-types=-

SplashMan.Exe: 394 Hp [Normal][HotHug: 10Fire per Action, Max 30Fire. 10/30 Dealt]
Blub.SP: 90 Hp [Furnace]

-=Lava-Park=-

20% Lava [Circular pool, back left hand side of the area]
50% Furnace [The Rest]
15% Normal [Three spots, Forming Normal platforms in the Lava pool]

Finish Him!? [Y/N]
The feeling of hitting something brought immediate relief to SplashMan, though he did notice pretty quickly that he hadn't completely defeated the evil lava Blub. Well, actually, that wasn't true...it clearly had lost its will to fight. He still had a few words for it, though. "This is what you get for just attacking whatever! If you hadn't tried to hurt me and my friend, this wouldn't have happened!" He wasn't 100% sure it would understand him, but considering how much like Blub it was, it seemed like a safe assumption. "Think about that!"

"Not gonna finish it?" Sabrina knew the answer to her own question already, but no harm in checking.

"Nah. It doesn't have any fight left in it. So long as it learned its lesson!" ...Now he just needed to get back to his SP. Completely ignoring the decoy, he performed a water cannon assisted jump, getting him all the way over to the edge of the furnace. His jellyfish companion joined him there, checking his Navi to make sure he was all right. "I'm fine, Blub! I've had worse done to me!...But it's too hot here, so let's find someplace a little cooler!" SplashMan started to walk off, as Blub hopped up on his shoulder. But the latter couldn't resist turning around, and blowing a raspberry at its fiery counterpart...or at least, it looked like he was. It was hard to tell, given his lack of a tongue. Or mouth. Or anything that could be used to blow a raspberry.

Finish Him!? [N]
The defeated Blob took its harsh reprimand like a... well, like a blob of lava, really, but a suitably chastised one, at least. It didn't try anything while SplashMan told it off, though the decoy faded away within moments. Once it was sure that it was being let off the hook, the melted flan slithered back into the remains of its pool with an apologetic whimper, though it did leave behind an odd assortment of data packets on the coals as it went. One was a packet of zenny, the other was a small pulsing orb of energy that swiftly coalesced into something that could be used as chip data. Meanwhile, the remnants of his rocky shell were disintegrating nicely into an assortment of BugFrags. Provided Splashman and his SP collected them before leaving, they'd probably serve as suitable compensation for the scorching.

Once the meanie and his watery imitation were gone, it was a somewhat disheartened Blob that began to carefully heap lava onto the normalised ledges, trying to fix up his ruined lava pool.

-=Battle 10, Victory!=-

Spoils: 2000z, Fire+20, 20 BugFrags

Quote (Fire+20)

Accuracy: S
Description: Adds 20 Damage to all hits of a Fire Element attack chip.
Duration: Once
Element: Fire
As Blub was delivering his...whatever it was he was doing at his lava counterpart, he noticed that it had left stuff behind. And-wait, were those...BugFrags? Now he absolutely had to inform his Navi. And he did so, via waving a tentacle in front of his eyes.

"Eh? What's up, Blub?" The tentacle curved back, showing SplashMan the fruits of his labor. "Hey, it left stuff behind! Maybe it listened to me, and this is its apology?" It was as good an explanation as any...and the one he wanted to believe, so he was definitely going with that. "I don't wanna deal with all that heat again, though...Blub, mind getting that stuff from here?"

The jellyfish happily nodded, and extended three of his ultra stretchy limbs forward. One scooped up the cash, one snatched the chip data, and the third...inhaled the BugFrags, like it was some sort of giant, watery straw. Sure, whatever worked. The Navi took the first two acquisitions once they were drawn near, taking a moment to examine each of them. "Yep, that's a decent amount of zenny. And the chip...huh, that's weird."

"Weird? Weird how?"

"It's definitely a chip, but I'm not getting any sort of distinct viral signature from it. I think whatever it is, isn't dropped by a normal virus."

"So, it's rare? Neat! Send it over!" Let's see what the PET had to say...Fire+20? That didn't sound anything she'd ever use. Then again, that wasn't really the reason they'd come out all this way. "It's new, at least. But I bet someone would trade something for it!" And into the spares it went. Looking at the stuff in it, it really made her wonder how many people would trade their own folders, that they worked hard to put together, just to get the extra chips she didn't use. She couldn't help but feel a little pride...and more than a little depressed.

"...Something wrong? You looked kinda sad for a sec."

"Oh, just thinking."

"'Bout what?"

"Well, the exact thought was, and I quote, 'Oh God, I need to get a life again'."

"...This about your chip collecting?"

"Yeah. It's fun and all, but it's all I've been doing lately. I need to do something else!"

"We'll figure something out, don't worry! But you should probably worry more about catching that ferry right now!"

"Yeah, you're right. Let's head back!...Oh, right, almost forgot about this!" Sabrina whipped out a SubChip, and put it at the edge of the insertion slot. "Are you in a good spot?"

"Huh?" Hmm...well, he'd walked far enough away from the lava pool that he wasn't stepping on super hot furnaces, or burning coal, or lava. He couldn't complain. "Sure, I guess. Wh-hey!" The spot below SplashMan's feet started to glow, producing a faint purple beam of light. "What just happened?"

"Bookmark SubChip! We can leave and come back to this exact spot whenever you want!"

"Oh, neat! Guess I'll jack out now!"

"Go for it!"

And so the aquatic Navi did, leaving the wasteland of Hades for the much friendlier confines of his home. But, the beam of light served as a beacon of the fact he'd be back...

(Jacking out; Bookmark SubChip used)