Sylk and Mach's adventures in Yumland

Missiles were fired, good times were had, zenny fell from the sky.

BagWormEX A: DELETED [Sylk]
BagWormEX B: DELETED [Sylk]
BagWormEX C: DELETED [Sylk]
BagWormEX D: DELETED [Mach]
KilbyA: DELETED [Sylk]
KilbyB: DELETED [Mach]
KilbyC: DELETED [Sylk]
KilbyD: DELETED [Sylk]
TeddyA: DELETED [Mach]
TeddyB: DELETED [Sylk]
TeddyC: DELETED [Mach]
TeddyD: DELETED [Mach]
ShrubbyA: DELETED [Mach]
ShrubbyB: DELETED [Mach]
ShrubbyC: DELETED [Mach]
ShrubbyD: DELETED [Mach]
ShrubbyE: DELETED [Mach]

Mystery Data: Whoops, 'sploded.

Terrain: 80% Normal, 10% Ice, 10% Broken

MachMan: 120/120 HP [2HitPlasma] [PoisonMask Used]
Aera: 70/70HP [RepulsionBroken]
Vector: 100/100 HP
Sylk: 130/140 HP

-BATTLE NINE, VICTORY!!-

Rewards:
Machman:
- 1500z
- 41 BugFrags
- +8 FXP (+1 Cheer)

Sylk:
- 1120z
- +8FXP (+2 Electric Cheering)
Sylk quickly gathered up the data with a cheerful and energetic attitude, already forgetting the destroyed data of the crystal she had seen earlier. When it came to being depressed, Sylk could never dwell on it for too long without getting herself destracted, after all.Having delt with her winnings, the spider looked over her own body, easing up a little bit as she realized her body was almost completely healed by now. if it wernt for the help of Aera and her own candle chip, Sylk may have been EJO'd by now. It was a thought she was willing to think about.

That was so cool guys~ How did you transform like that?! it looks awesome!. The thought had finally kicked in, after being so easily destracted, that Mach and the group did indeed look different then before. Not that it took a genius to notice, but the arachnid wasn't exactly what one would call normal either. After her mind calmed down a bit, she asked one more question.

Do you think we should continue?

The spider was feeling fine, and full of excitement at seeing what lay ahead for them. If she was lucky, maybe she would even find another blue crystal to examine. if nothing else, atleast she would get some more battle experience, so all in all she couldnt exactly lose. As long as she didnt get defeated anyways.
Mach hovered over the battlezone, picking up pieces of zenny data and the occasional bugfrag. Mach then turned as Sylk excitedly referred to his new form.

[[i]Oh this? Mazer programmed this .GMO for me a few weeks ago. It's certainly interesting to fly around like this, but more importantly I can go as fast as I want without leaving Aera or Vector behind.[/i]]

Aera, who was still poking out of the open cockpit hatch, spoke up.

It's a lot of fun to go as fast as Mach, but feel safe from harm. Being inside him is wonderful.

Back in his room, Mazer was in the middle of taking a swig of water as Aera made her comment, which caused him to choke and almost spew the water over his desk. He managed to not choke on his water, but coughed several times.

Machman seemed oblivious. Or he just didn't hear her or something. Who knows.

[[i]Sure, we're back at full strength, so I don't see why we should stop now.[/i]]

Sylk took a few steps in the direction that they had been venturing for the whole day, but something nagging the back of her mind halted her body from moving forward. She had been spending time with these three for a while now, and aside from there battling she really didnt know much about them; Vector barely even spoke at all to her. in addition to that the spider was getting an uneasy feeling, the kind you may find an animal to have when they can sense a natural disaster, as if sylk knew she wouldn't see these three for a while after their next challenge. It was silly, and probably full of naive thought but after seeing how easily it was to be EJO'd earlier she couldn't help but wonder. Bringing her arms inward to her body clutching her hands against her chest, she slowly turned her head as she closed her animalistic eyes, her human gaze peering back at the trio from the corner of her socket.

Say... before we move on... can you tell me more about yourselves? Even just a bit is fine... Her voice seemed a bit distance, wavering only slightly as she spoke, trying not to seem too worried yet still showing a hint or two in her tone. The usually upbeat and carefree navi was showing more emotion then she liked to, but there was a reason for it. After all, she wasn't her OP's first navi... who knew what may lie instore for her in the future.

She refused to look at them directly, staying motionless as she kept her extra eyes hidden, keeping her arms pulled in and just barely looking over her shoulder. Almost as if she was trying to hide her difference, while she listened for a response. Something was definitely bothering the black widow, the navi modeled from a being thats known for it's relation to death, had just that on her troubled mind.
Mach and company also started to move forward, but paused when Sylk stopped and looked back to them. Aera's had a look of concern on her face due to Sylk's uncharacteristic subdued tone, but it quickly changed as she realized she was only trying to ask a somewhat personal question, which would be somewhat uncomfortable to ask for most people.

[[i]You know what? We shouldn't need to be rushing this, it is your first time out here anyway.[/i]]

Aera slipped back into the cockpit, and Vector's armored plates separated from Mach's frame. His aircraft-shaped body started to fold down as he pitched forward and rolled gently in the air. The large faceted metal plates disappeared, revealing Machman's regular form, with Aera in his arms. He floated down to the grassy floor and stood for a second before he eased Aera to the ground, where she stood next to him and held his left hand. Vector's body plates reconfigured to his humanoid configuration, and he stood quietly next to the pair.

Well, I've known Mazer, my Operator, for several years know, and we've been busting and meeting with other Navis all the while. During our adventures we encountered plenty of interesting programs, viruses, and Navis, and even one program that led to me meeting Aera for the first time. We also recently competed in the Netbattle tournament, but we didn't get past the Quarter-Finals, unfortunately. We did better than we expected, and it was a great experience, so we don't have any regrets.

The spider smiled slightly as she listened to their story, it seemed like they had lived a fairly interestiong life so far, with both the good and the bad. It made her happy to know that they had been able to achieve such fun times in their existance, giving her a bit of hope as to her own. Still the young navi couldn't help but be skeptical of her own existance, when it came to questioning her longevity.

How long have you all been together now? You all seem very close to each other... It's very heart warming when i watch you all together.

The navi still refused to turn around completely as she tried to keep her nerves under control. She really didn't have a reason to be scared, and yet she couldn't explain why she was feeling as confused and depressed as she did at this moment in time. the cold attitude she had been receiving from rei didn't help either. Though he came through when she needed him, their lack of conversation was less then inspiring as to what her fate might contain later on.

Do you ever worry about losing each other? It was a fairly simple, and more then obvious question, yet she couldn't help but ask it. She began to wonder if anyone would worry about her being removed from existance, since she had barely been alive as it was. it was far from reassuring.
Mach watched Sylk's body language intently, and could clearly see she was hesitant. Maybe she was just shy, or there was something going through her head that was making her act this way. Maybe she just needs a bit of reassurance before she opens up.

Well, I've known Mazer for as long as I can remember, we met around... 4 years ago.

Mazer's face appeared on a pop up window that opened next to Mach, between him and where Vector stood.

[Yep, almost 5 now. The time's just flown by.]

And Aera, we met just a few months ago. As for Vector, this is his first time out on the net, we just met him yesterday! You know as much about him as we do, honestly.

Vector's eye slid over towards Mach's direction at the mention of his name, and felt obligated to speak on his own behalf.

I apologize for not being as outspoken as the rest of you, I just feel that my actions speak more than my words, and I have much to learn, so I wish to listen and observe.

Mach nodded his head, agreeing with Vector's comments. He then focused back on Sylk as she asked her next question, and this one struck a chord with the group, himself especially. Aera looked over at Mach, her smile gone from her face, but she had a very calm, reflective expression. Aera loosened her grip on Mach's hand, only to intertwine her fingers with his. Mach was hesitant to speak, but attempted to retain his composure, even though his mind was racing.

... Yes. I do worry. {All the time.} I certainly can't say it doesn't scare me at least a little. {It is my one true fear.} But I know we would do everything in our power to prevent that from happening, and I trust them. {And I will destroy ANYONE who attempts to take them away from me.}

Mach realized that though his statements were true (to an extent), the topic of their conversation was a bit... somber. Aera felt this as well, and spoke to Sylk.

We always have that in the back of our minds, but we can't allow that fear to cause us to freeze up. We are comfortable knowing we all are on the same page on that regard, and we can focus on more pertinent matters. How about you, Sylk? I'd love to know a little more about you.

Mach nodded in agreement, he was also interested in knowing more about their newest friend.
I guess that's only natural to worry about someone you care about, then...

Sylk's hands slowly began to drop from their position against her body, as if giving up trying to hide her form any longer as they asked her about herself. What could she really say? She barely knew who she was, let alone enough to give a back story. While she was being configured on the PET, she had managed to gather some of the left over data from her predecessor, so she had an idea about what happened and why she was created. Still, things about her were yet to be known even to herself.

Me? I'm what you see before you... I was formed maybe less then an hour before i met you all. This is my whole life, in a sense. you three are my first real... Her voice trailed off in the last sentence as she couldn't quite bring the words from her throat.

I'm just a replacement navi you see. My OP is still effected by what happened to the previous navi, who just happened to be taken away from him, currently trapped on the net alone somewhere. Her words seemed a bit more bitter as she thought about the situation, realizing that maybe it was the fear of finding curse that Sylk was most scared of.

My only goal is most likely to find this navi, yet my OP rarely wishes to bring it up, or speak at all since i was made or even earlier. He does help me and tries to make me strogner... but it only seems to be for "him"

Sylk slowly motion one of her hands against her back, her fingers gently brushing up against the hourglass symbol in crimson red, a symbol of her form at this point. She was a bit hesitant, but continued her explanation, though she didn't understand the reason why the words kept flowing from her lips.

It's a bit silly isn't it? I'm supposed to be a black widow, a killer animal, and yet im worried about myself. What happens to me if i find "him"?

Sylk paused for a moment, removing her hand from her back as her left arms hung down, her right arms gripping the bicep of each as she bit her lip. Slowly she turned around to face the two, trying to force a fake smile as she shakily held herself together as best she could.

A deadly spider and a demonic, cursed cat. Perhaps we were both destined to end up at death's door... Her words rang true with how she really felt all the while, even sylk was surprised as she let those words exit her mouth, as her gaze dropped to the floor.
The four of them, Mach, Sylk, Vector, and Mazer listened as Sylk started to open up, and laid it all out in front of them. Her life, her destiny, her future... Aera squeezed Mach's hand harder as she heard Sylk speak, their hearts, hers especially, sank as she described how she felt like she had no control over her future, and was worried about what would happen next.

They didn't speak as Sylk looked back to them and made her last statement before she looked down to the floor. Aera let go of Mach's hand, and walked over to Sylk before gently wrapping her arms around her, Aera's soft hands rubbing Sylk's back reassuringly.

I know, it's scary to not know what will happen next, I've felt the same way. But know we will always be here, and you can come to us for help.

As Aera began to rock slightly, Mach walked up as well, and put his hand on Sylk's shoulder. He knew he wasn't as reasuring as Aera, and he knew to leave that to their "optimism expert," but he felt he needed to say something.

If your Operator is that intent on finding that Navi, he must have been a nice Navi, don't you think? I'd bet you two would get along pretty well, I doubt anyone wouldn't want to be friends with a spunky, outgoing Navi like yourself.

Aera smiled and looked into Sylk's eyes.

He's right, you know. I bet you two would become the best of friends.

She hugged her tightly as she put her head over Sylk's shoulder, and whispered into her ear, so only Sylk could hear.

And if you're worried about possibly being left behind after finding that Navi, don't be. You're a part of our family now, and we won't let that happen.
Sylk bit her lip as she held back her emotions, trying not to let them overwhelm her systems, her eyes starting to tear a bit as she tried to think of what to say. However she couldn't think of a single word, she just stood there with aera as a few tears began to roll down her cheek. Instinctively, she held onto aera for a few moments, and trying to hide her face in hopes no one could see her crying. One of sylk's arm's slowly raised up to wipe her face as she tried to recompose herself, as a smile slowly began to return to her face, though weak it was genuine.

Taking a deep breath, she nodded as she pulled away from aera, looking into the Sp's eyes as she tried to tell herself that things would be alright as long as she knew them. They really did give off a sense of reliability, one she could depend on, or so she felt deep down. Clearing her throat slightly, Sylk's expression slowly began to return to her usual cheerful self, trying to think only of the happy thoughts for now. Even if she was gone someday soon, she was going to treasure this moment.

With a slight giggle Sylk leaned in close to aera, a sly smirk upon her lips as she whispered so only Aera could here.

So... does this mean I get to ride Mach and combine with you next time~? heehee~ The spider quickly jumped back giggling to herself, with an amused grin from the thought of her own words as she began to turn away and walk ahead in the direction she intended in the first place. her arms behind her back holding her hands together, she turned her head back to look at them with a grin.

C'mon, don't get left behind now~ Heh Sylk called out, sticking her tongue out playfully, before dashing on ahead like she had something to look forward to. As long as she could meet them all again, she would be fine.

*ready for battle 10*
Aera continued to hold on to her as she paused for a moment before she looked back at Aera. Though she did her best to remove the evidence of her tears, Aera could see a little bit of redness around her eyes; but she decided not to bring it up. She let go as Sylk nodded and pulled away, and stood there patiently as the arachnid Navi recomposed herself. Sylk then whispered her little playful comment, to which Aera quickly replied with a devious smile on her face.

Be careful what you wish for~♪

She giggled quietly as Sylk bounded off; what she said was a bit out of character, but she was more intent on seeing Sylk back to her normal self. She turned back to Mach and Vector and smiled, knowing that the two weren't close enough to overhear their exchange.

They turned to Sylk as she called out to them, and they gladly obliged to follow. They learned some important things about their new friend, and hopefully forged a stronger bond with her.

((Ready for Battle #10))
((Bump))
((RESERVED))
((3 FXP each for chatter))
Sylk and Machman's troupe of navis and support programs soon encountered two other navis bickering over something. The battlefield was strewn with the remains of viruses that had been defeated and were on the verge of deletion.

"No! That last one was clearly felled by my hand!" one of them claimed. He was clad in a full length ornamental navy blue robe with long sleeves that extended past his fingers. His black hair was tied back in a long braided ponytail that ran down to his waist.

"That's not how I done seen it," replied the other in a heavy western accent. He wore a cowboy hat tilted down past his eyes and had a chin full of stubble. His clothes were obscured by a dirty poncho. Only his legs were visible with a spotted cowhide pattern that ended in a pair of spurred boots. "But I'll forgive ya, what with them skinny little eyes you got."

"Why don't you say that to my face!" The first navi snapped with a clenched fist.

"Whoa now, don't getchur rice all riled up. There's an easier way to settle this." He chuckled and tipped up the brim of his hat with the barrel of his revolver.

"Hey! You there!" He beckoned to Machman with a wave of his gun. The other oriental navi simply glared angrily at the group with folded arms.
The three overheard the bickering Navis, and noticed the amount of viral debris. Mach noticed the two Navis arguing over the results of the previous battle, and sighed in disappointment.

Hm... another pair of Navis arguing over something...

You know, you could save us a lot of trouble if you just destroy both of them.

Mach was surprised to hear the voice speak out so rashly, normally this voice only spoke during periods of extreme duress. Machman mentally replied instinctively.

{Who asked you??}

Mach overheard the one Navi's request, and paused before speaking. He spoke politely, but was incredibly wary of the pair; they haven't had the best of luck with unknown Navis arguing over something.

What seems to be the problem, gentlemen?

Mach's hand started to tingle as Aera's body started to charge with electricity.
Sylk's eyes wandered around the devastation surrounding the group, in the form of the virii data that had been scattered all over the battlefield. It wasn't a perticularly awe-inspiring sight, but it was enough to make her wonder what kind of skills the navi's who had done this had. As Sylk heard machman's words which reminded her of the earlier confrontation, all 8 pupils shot over to the image of the pair who ahd called to them.

Sylk tried to relax her posture as she crossed her arms, though she ended up clenching her hands as thoughts of the misfortunes of their battle resurfaced. The unpleasent mood slowly caused sylk's body temperature to rise, as her fiery temper began to flare. The dark colored navi tried to keep her cool, with a forced smile and sense of calmness in her eyes. Though her blazing inner flame was going out of control, the air around her becoming slightly distorted to look upon, as the side of her mouth had a slight nervous twitch added in.

What seems to be the problem, hmm?
The western themed navi waved his hand condescendingly at Sylk to silence her, "Sorry little lady, but the men are talking now."

He turned his attention back to Machman and tipped his hat in a greeting, "Howdy, sir. Name's Desperado and this here's Lou."

"LAU!" The other navi corrected angrily.

"Good fer you." Desperado smiled and nodded at him in a patronizing manner. "Anywho, it seems me and Luau here can't quite come to an agreement on a very simple little matter: Guns..." he said, slowly raising one of his revolvers to display it before hitching a thumb at Lau, "...Or fists."

Tired of his introduction, Lau interjected, "This 'argument' is a matter of which is the superior fighting strategy! Using hand-to-hand martial art techniques or firearms."

Desperado shook his head, "That's what I said, guns or fists."

"DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A FIST?" Lau shot an open face-up palm at Desperado as he simultaneously pointed his gun back at him without looking. They quickly withdrew their attacks in a flash and both echoed with a similar "Tch."

"So... This is where you kind folks come in." the gun-toting navi continued, "Fight us."

"Viruses do not pose the challenge we require to demonstrate the extent of our abilities." Lau explained, "We need navis."

"Now, I know whatchur thinkin" Desperado quipped, "'Ain't nothing in this for y'all.' Well that ain't true." He brought out his other hand and materialized a green mystery data onto the field. "Me and sonny Jim here have been collecting a little z from the viruses we been fightin. You win, and it's alllllll yers - the whole enchilada."

"I have no qualms with that offer," Lau added and darted a look at Sylk, "You! You carry the skills of a martial artist. I wish to see your ability."
Mach's eye twitched as he heard the gun-toting Navi's condescending comment towards Sylk, which was a combination of surprise towards the display of disrespect, and the small pulse of electricity that coursed through his body, thanks to Aera clutching his hand. She was clearly not amused, and was about to speak, but she noticed Mach's reaction, and saw the stern glare on his face, directed towards the cowboy Navi, named Desperado.

While the pair kept their cool, Vector, who considers himself a knight lives the ways of chivalry and loyalty, was taken aback by such rudeness. Even though he did not serve Sylk, she is not only a lady, but also a friend, so such boorish behavior was unacceptable in his mind. His single red eye glared back at Desperado, and glowed brightly as the sharpened fingers of his right hand congregated together and formed a single blade.

I find your treatment towards Miss Sylk to be most disturbing, sir. As a knight, I shall not stand for your boorish behavior! Have at thee!

Vector's entire series of body plates shifted positions as he drew his arm towards his side, and pointed his formed blade straight towards the gun-wielding Navi. He then shifted his weight forward and began to lunge towards the Navi, his blade didn't so much as shake as he started his charge.
Sylk moved quickly and motioned herself infront of vector, her left arms outsretched before the SP, in a sign to hang back for the moment. The spiders whole body was shaking as she lowered her head and hid all of her eyes from sight, still standing all the while.

Vector, i thank you for the sentiment... Sylk started out, in a soft almost forgiving tone as she spoke. Her right arms dropped to her sides, each fist clenched tightly as she began to speak once more.

However...

Her head quickly shot up, toothy grin and insane smirk as all eye's widened to their fullest to gaze at the cowboy with a piercing glare full of murderous intent; one you might see on a psychopath.

Please refrain from getting between a spider and her prey, at least until i'm done roughing the little boy up a bit Sylk's voice was quite vengeful and dark, wanting nothing more then to sink her teeth into his flesh and tear him apart. She flexed her arms on her right side as she continued to watch the man, ready to prove how small of a man he was, as her claws flicked back and forth into her palm.

Her humanoid eye's slowly shifted to the other navi before them, and made a quick comment before reverting her gaze to her primary target.

I'll gladly show the extent of my abilities, hmmhmmhmm
Vector immediately saw Sylk's signal to stop, and he halted almost mid stride, his blade was still unwavering and pointed towards Desperado's chest. However, as he heard Sylk's explanation for her actions, his blade separated into his smaller 'fingers' and he stood down.

Mach saw that Sylk was more than willing to attack Desperado herself, so he seemed to know Sylk would have not let Vector give the first blow. He looked over towards both of the Navis, and listened to their little request. He also noticed the Mystery Data prize, and decided this interesting challenge could also be monetarily advantageous as well.

A test of firepower versus unarmed combat? I tend to think a mixture of both is best, but we'll humor you both and accept your request. Will this be a team battle, or shall it be two pairs?