Divine Piano Duet

"Another slaughterfest," sighed Pianissimo, getting to his feet once again. He turned to Divinity and nodded slightly, then remembered something she had said before he silenced everything. "So...um...sorry if you don't want to talk about it..." he started, the eyepieces of his helmet darkening almost completely. "What was the whole anger thing about earlier?"
"--CKING GODDAMN BITCH WITH YOUR," she shouted before she abruptly stopped at the discovery sound had returned to their place. Divinity turned towards Pianissimo as she heard him ask his question and looked at the ground while holding her right hand out to catch her shield. "Well... You know Persephone, right...?" started Divinity quietly, almost whispering, and slowly coming closer to Pianissimo so he could hear her, "She kind of... Tampered with my database when Area programmed me... It created an awkward scene in the past..." A light blush appeared on her face as she thought back of it. A loud sound suddenly came as Divinity's right shield landed in her hand after which she continued to talk, "I prefer not to talk of it... Let's just say I sinned."

After that Divinity laughed sheepishly and waved forwards, beckoning Pianissimo to follow as she started to walk towards their next battle. "Hahaha! That was a good battle, right? We did well! RIGHT!? L-Lets continue!" she spoke, ending with a shout, while trying to avoid suspicion from Area who seemed to be busy with something else.
((Bah, I was going to put something to screw with Divinity's mind here, but I couldn't think of anything that would be in character.))

"Well apparently it must've been something pretty bad, from the sound of the end of that trail of insults," Pianissimo sighed, finally starting to walk behind Divinity. He followed a few feet back. "Not being a holy navi, I suppose I know very little of what qualifies as sin. Don't worry, though, I won't pursue the matter." Judging by the uneasiness, the slight blush, and everything else, though, I'd say I know EXACTLY what happened, he added to himself.

In the real world, Duke continued to stare at the chip with Divinity's symbol, wondering what could possibly come of such a cross. Fallen angel? Angel of death? Something that looked like it came out of a really cheesy yet still awesome video game? He also managed to hear the entirety of what Divinity said, but decided not to relay it to Area. Rather, he shook his head and went back to trying to fix the lag problems they'd been having.
And so the duo walks on to find...
More viruses....

RoninA: 150 HP
RoninB: 150 HP
RoninC: 150 HP
ENGballA: 100 HP (blue)
ENGballB: 100 HP (red)
ENGballC: 100 HP (blue)
Will O' The Wisp: 180 HP
BombBoyA: 80 HP
BombBoyB: 80 HP

Terrain: Normal

Divinity: 120 HP
Pianissimo: 130 HP

-Wow, user-creations-
-BATTLE 4-
-FIGHT-
Hm...haven't seen some of these before, Pianissimo said to himself, scanning the new arrivals. Ronins...swordfighting viruses. Seems pretty straightforward. ENGballs...ooh, that's going to be annoying. Might as well take out the red one now and wait for the other two to switch, otherwise that'll just be a waste. BombBoys...those probably won't be much trouble. Just a quick attack to each. Other than that...oh god, it's one of those annoying wisp things again. I thought I was through with them when those twisted viruses in Sharo got blasted. Guess I was wrong. This one seems a bit different, though. I wonder...

Pianissimo sighed and turned to Divinity. "I won't silence everything just yet, but don't count it out if this battle goes on too long. I think the rest of the people that signed up for that huge mission thing will start getting impatient soon, so I'd like to finish this quickly." He shook his head and brought up the chip selection screen to pick out some chips while waiting for Divinity. ENGballs are elec element, so I might as well check out this new wood chip, even though the whole corn thing was really stupid. Other than that, aquasword should serve my needs nicely. Pianissimo selected the chips and drew his katana.

Pianissimo activated the CornShot chip, and in each hand appeared...a kernel? What the heck? Well, I suppose that makes sense. Only thing a goddamn corn virus can use as a weapon. Sighing once again, Pianissimo threw each kernel at one of the ENGballs, the red and one of the blues. He then drew his sword and ran his hand down the length, activating the Aquasword chip data. Okay, bomb guys first before they can do anything, then I'll teach those ronins a lesson in swordplay, he said to himself, rushing towards the bombboys and slashing as he passed.

Turning back towards the virus group, Pianissimo used the same tactic to slash the ronin group, this time turning back to face them as soon as he was past. He held the aquasword in front of him, pointed at the viruses, before seeming to vanish for a second as he jumped over and slashed them from the other side.

1. CornShot ENGballs A and B: 50x2, wood, one hit to each.
2. Aquasword BombBoys - 80 each, aqua
3. Aquasword Ronins - 80 each, aqua
Ability: Swordplay - free dodge after two melee attacks
4. Aquasword Ronins - 80 each, aqua
"Finally a challenge," said Area as she took a close look at the viruses before them, "At least we won't get these down so easily. Let's try something new." And with those words, she grabbed the Boomerang chips and put them on the bottom of the pile so she wouldn't be tempted to use them again like the previous fights. Instead of that one, she took one of her new chips and slotted it in followed by two other ones she already had.

Flinging her arms to the sides, Divinity took an offensive stance as the data was put in the correct order within her programming. An extra program was placed first in the order as it came to execution quickly. A bright light shone from her two shields, bringing forth two crosses each. The crosses began to spin around Divinity with incredible speed as if they were trying to create a tornado around her. Suddenly the crosses stopped moving around as Divinity brought her arms to her chest, still guarding her from any incoming hit.

Pulling off her left shield from its place, she attached it to the bottom of her right arm so both shields were on the same hand but on opposite sides. She held her arm out, so she'd have a shield on the right and on the left while the crosses started to glow with a yellowish-green color. A yellow orb flowed from each cross slowly after the data was initiated entirely and launched themselves at the enemies. The shields came together on Divinity's hand, as if she were executing the Kaiser program, but instead she executed a WideSword chip within it as a wide energy blade appeared attached to it.

Flapping her wings a few times, she kept her eyes on the Ronin viruses and noticed Pianissimo going for them as well. "...I'm going to help him..." she muttered and flew towards the Ronin viruses while her wings beated heavily against the wind. But... He's in the way... she thought as she saw Pianissimo execute his first sword attack. "Pianissimo!" she shouted at her companion and disappeared from sight, not a trace of her left. "Cross slash!" she shouted again as she appeared behind the Ronins and slashed horizontally at them in the hope of getting them all in a synchronized attack with Pianissimo. Her defensive crosses floated directly to her new position, floating around her calmly and being ever watchful for back attacks.

1. Angelic Gift [4 1-hit barriers] @ Divinity.
2. CornShot [50 Wood; 2 Enemies] @ ENGBallB/C.
3. AreaGrab [Warp] @ Behind Ronin viruses.
4. WideSword [80 Normal; Wide Range] @ Ronin viruses
Divinity and Pianissimo show the true value of teamwork as they delete viruses by the second. One Ronin for each navi slashes at the navis and deal some final damage before being sent away. The Will O' The Wisp, being the only virus left, tries to plunge itself into Divinty but is met with a barrier and bounces off.

RoninA: DELETED
RoninB: DELETED
RoninC: DELETED
ENGballA: DELETED
ENGballB: DELETED
ENGballC: DELETED
Will O' The Wisp: 180 HP
BombBoyA: DELETED
BombBoyB: DELETED

Divinity: 80 HP (3, 1 hit barriers) [Widesword]
Pianissimo: 90 HP [Aquasword]
"One survivor...I'd say that turned out pretty good," Pianissimo said, turning to look at the wisp. It looked the slightest bit dazed...if a puff of smoke could be dazed. This would be easy, perhaps even overkill, but he didn't care. The virus wasn't dead yet, and that needed to change. Pianissimo tightened his grip on the aquasword once again, and ran at the virus. He slashed at it once, then again, then a third time, distorting the mist as he went. Finally, he looked at Divinity and nodded, bringing his other hand to the hilt of the sword as well.

The aquasword data disappeared from the blade. He would finish this one with his own power, his own finishing technique. Pianissimo kicked off of the ground and dashed at the wisp, jumping over as he reached it and coming down on the other side much faster than should be normal, slashing at the very center of the wisp as he fell.

1-3. Aquasword - 80, aqua - wisp
4. Silencer - 120 - wisp
Immediately she flung her leg away from the virus and a boost of energy fired her into the direction of the virus that had remained. Flapping her wings to keep in the air, she stopped close to Pianissimo's and her opponent.

"Watch out for its possession program!" Area shouted. Back when she didn't have a Navi yet, she had heard a story of Soryu about a virus that could possess its opponent. Persephone had a struggle with herself and it worked out, but it was a dangerous program either way. Immediately she slammed in two more chips if Divinity's sword would break because of the pressure on it.

She flung her widesword in a diagonal movement first to slash the floating orb before her, then quickly slashed at it again in a horizontal movement. Disengaging the the widesword to prevent it to break entirely, she broke the two shields apart to get a shield on the left arm again while sending new chip data at said shields. The crosses on the shields started to glow while relaying the data to Divinity's palms. She created an energy rapier in each hand and swung her arms out towards the left side. In a swift movement she slashed at the orb with both swords at the same time, trying to split it apart. "Retribution," she whispered softly as she kept her arms held out towards the right side after the slash.

1. WideSword [80 Normal; Wide Range] @ Wisp
2. WideSword [80 Normal; Wide Range] @ Wisp
3. Sword [80 Normal] @ Wisp
4. Sword [80 Normal] @ Wisp
RoninA: DELETED
RoninB: DELETED
RoninC: DELETED
ENGballA: DELETED
ENGballB: DELETED
ENGballC: DELETED
Will O' The Wisp: DELETED
BombBoyA: DELETED
BombBoyB: DELETED

Divinity: 80 HP
Pianissimo: 90 HP

All Viruses Deleted! The WinRAR is j00!

Divinity: 1,931z
Pianissimo: 1,400z, Widesword
"That was just sad," Pianissimo sighed.

"Okay, go ahead and jack out," came Duke's voice. "I want to buy a couple things, then we're going to start that mission thing. I posted saying for everyone to meet in the netsquare, so there shouldn't be too much confusion."

Pianissimo sighed. "Divinity, I guess I'll see you there," he muttered, before dissolving into the shadows of a nearby thicket as he jacked out.

((gone))
"We're going to buy something too, Divinity," said Area as she took care of the zenny they had won, "We'd better follow their example."

"Got it," Divinity said as she jumped into the air with her wings spread and flew into a light that appeared in the dark data sky.

(( G to the ONE ))