A Web Friendly Pesticide?

A pillar of light rose up, only to die down just as quickly as Sylk emerged from within. Her crimson gaze scanned the area around her. She was struggling to hold back her curiosity, which led her wanting to take off on the spot and examine everything carelessly. She knew she was here for an assignment, one which was supposed to benefit her, but her lack of experience only made her yearn to see more about the net world around her. Only seeing three different types of areas while away from her PET, she couldn't really help the feeling.

[Hello? Are you listening? Ugh... why did I even bother trying again? I should have just let her do things on her own, like before.]

Hmph, is that so? Well then, perhaps I'll just have to go find someone else to entertain me for a while then~ The spider retorted, catching that last statement only by chance; Her attention span drifting between various sights and thoughts.

Sylk seemed to chuckle as she returned to surveying her surroundings, somewhat happy that at least Rei was beginning to open up and speak his mind a bit more. It was definitely more lively than the solitary side she was used to for the first little while of her existence. Putting that aside for now, she moved back onto her main objective and called out to the area.

ARACHNE! Are you here?!
Sylk had come out in a jungle area. Or at least, it seemed like a jungle area at first glance. The plants that surrounded her, however, would have been normal potted plants in the real world but had been grown to massive and impossible sizes in the net. The plants in the immediate area, flowering plants similar to real world paper whites, covered enough of her field of vision that Sylk couldn't see much of the greenhouse beyond.

There was no sign of the bug programs that were the target of her mission or, for that matter, of Arachne.

That was, at least, until she called out for her, at which point a clattering noise made itself known above. It continued for several seconds as the source of the noise centered above Sylk's position, then stopped. From above descended a large navi with the black lower body of a spider, but the head and torso of a woman. Her upper body was a light purple in color, with silken wrappings forming makeshift clothes. Silver hair fell over her face, obscuring all but two of eight eyes. These remaining two eyes blinked once, fixing Sylk with a look of curiosity. "Someone calls for me, and it's another spider navi," the half-spider navi sang, looking Sylk over. "I've seen other spider navis before, but never one with a design quite like yours. Interesting~"

The other spider continued examining Sylk for several more seconds before seeming to remember what another navi would be doing in the greenhouse area at the moment. "Oh, sorry. I take it you're here about my request?"
Sylk's attention quickly drew away from the plants, a beautiful sight as it may be, once her ears picked up a commotion from up above. The cyan hair over her face parted as she tilted her head back, allowing all eight of her eyes to focus on that which was making its appearance known. Sylk was quite fixated on the sight, as her mind began to decipher who and what she was looking at. It was the first time she had met, virii disregarded, someone from her own species type. Sylk crossed all six of her arms and relaxed her position, shifting her weight to her right leg as she calmly listened to Arachne speak. Sylk's left foot tapped against the ground softly, her gaze working over the navi's physique, studying her design and noting the differences from her own. A small grin could be seen on her lips as she chimed into the conversation following Arachne's question.

Mmhmm. That's right. My name's Sylk. It's a pleasure to make your aquaintance. She paused for a moment, thinking about one comment in particular which piqued her interest. Though as a side note I must say, I'm quite intrigued by your first remarks. There are more navi's like yourself? You'll tell me more about them, I hope~? Sylk was quite cheerful about getting more information on the subject. She couldn't help wanting to learn about others similar to herself, even if her appearance was a bit different from the apparently normal style.

Though that can wait until later, I suppose. Could you explain the request a bit more? I'd be quite grateful~ All Sylk knew was something about a bug infestation, but so far nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Not only that, but looking at Arachne, Sylk got the feeling she was a very capable navi. There had to be something she didn't know yet about the mission.
"Mm, yes," Arachne answered smoothly, folding her arms across her chest. When she did, Sylk could see that they weren't human like the rest of her upper body, but rather faded from just before the elbow into scythe-like black forelegs. "In short, several viruses, as well as a group of experimental bug programs were released in here by accident, and I was tasked with cleaning it up. This greenhouse area is something of a home to me, see~.

"Anyway, most of them are no more dangerous than your standard virus. But some of them are quite dangerous. A few have even managed to absorb some chip data. So I asked for assistance just in case." As she finished expositing, a faint buzzing could be heard nearby. Arachne turned and fired a strand of silk at the offender almost immediately, catching a fly program in it and crushing it to deletion instantly.

Several more programs soon followed, however, crawling out from between the gigantic flowers on all sides.

"I thought I'd cleared out this area too," Arachne pouted, turning back to Sylk. "I hope you're ready for a bug hunt."
___

---The Spiders---
Sylk.EXE: 140 HP
Arachne.EXE: 180 HP

---The Enemies---
-Near Colossus Flower A-
Fly Program A: 50 HP
Fly Program B: 50 HP
Fly Program C: 50 HP
Elebee: 90 HP

-Near Colossus Flower B-
Skeeter A: 30 HP
Skeeter B: 30 HP

-Near Colossus Flower C-
Spidy: 80 HP
Scarab Program: 200 HP

---Terrain---
50% Soil, 50% Blocked (Colossus Flowers)

---Objects---
Colossus Flower A: ??? HP (2 moves ahead)
Colossus Flower B: ??? HP (1 move behind, 1 move to the left)
Colossus Flower C: ??? HP (1 move behind, 2 moves to the right)
--Colossus flower stems can be climbed, and the flowers can be stood on. The stems are around three rockcubes high to the lowest flowers, and the flowers act like grass terrain.

>BATTLE 1 START<
As Sylk's sight caught wind of the insect swarm coming from the over-sized foliage, she couldn't help but grin. Her razor sharp fangs could be clearly spotted, as the thought of hunger entered her mind. Sylk couldn't wait to sink her teeth into the delectable selection of bugs, just marching towards the arachnid duo. My, my, Arachne~ I like you already. A battle and a free meal? I couldn't ask for more. You're an expert hostess~ The spider just licked her lips as she scanned for her first target, debating what looked most fun to toy with. Well then, shall we begin?

As her humanoid eyes drew towards the scarab and spidey, Sylk began to make her move almost immediately; A green data fragment loaded into her palm. With a sudden motion, her upper body lowered as she extended the unknown data towards the ground. Driving it deep into the soil, Sylk smirked as she glanced back towards the scarab, delighted as she awaited the reaction. In the briefest of moments, a rapid expansion of vines shot forth from the loose ground in an attempt to strangle the virus, aiming to render it immobile in the process. Not quite a web, but it will have to do~

As Sylk slowly lifted her body into a normal stance, she held all but her two middle arms across her body. She looked on in amusement, as the same two arms began to glow with a crimson fire which danced upon her flesh. As its size began to grow, two large clawed hands began to materialize not far from her prey. The claws moved to and fro in tune with Sylk's own hands, as she motioned them to surround the virii from either side. The blazing manifestations began to draw closer around her targets, until finally she slammed her hands together in an attempt the ensnare the insects in a fiery grip. Sylk let out a small chuckle as she assumed their demise.

One final piece of data began to flow into her body, it's large and sturdy form began to take shape as she extended all six of her hands. Gripping it tightly, Sylk turned her attention now to a group if three flies, seeming insignificant yet she was unable to ignore them. Her nails dug deep into the bark of the log that she clung tightly onto, as she shifted her body weight to the side. I'm not really sure if this will work, but oh well~ Conveying her thoughts as she pivoted on her left foot. With all her might, Sylk attempted to spin her body trying to build up a bit of momentum as she raised the log up in her arms. Hoping to get the timing down, she took a deep breath and gathered her strength. As Sylk came around full swing a second time her arms released the wooden bar, only to have it fling outwards from her body. She watched as it spiraled towards her foes, but whether it would strike them down was all a gamble really.

As if not to leave out the Elebee next to the fly trio, Sylk took in a deep breath and gathered a few threads within her mouth. Compressing the hardened silk into a needle, she excreted a fair amount of venom into it through her saliva. Though the needle itself was harmless, but it would at least allow her to send her deadly toxins into the unsuspecting victim. Locking onto the virus with her eyes, she spit the needle towards it, hoping to cause it some kind of ailment as a result.

In the end, Sylk was just having fun though. It was something that could clearly be communicated without words. Her relaxed posture, soft smile, and glimpse of enjoyment in her eyes said it better than anything else.

Summary:

1) Rope1 - (50 wood + Hold) per turn, three turns @ Scarab

2) Firehit1 - (60 fire + 10 fire + Impact + Double Attack) @ Scarab

3) Firehit1 secondary attack - (60 fire + 10 fire + Impact + Double Attack) + Inner Fire (passive 10 strengthen) @ Spidey

4) RingLog1 - (50 wood + Ground Attack + Wide Attack.) @ fly program A, B, C

passive: Viral touch (Glitch) @ elebee
Arachne gave a grin of her own at Sylk's reaction. "I'm glad you approve," she said, poking at the soil beneath them with one of her forelegs. Seconds later, a rope vine rose from the ground and twisted itself around the Elebee, crushing it.

Sylk followed the attack up with a rope of her own, which targeted the scarab program. Like the other, the vine bound itself around the program, but had much less of an effect than it should have. Her projected claw attacks, however, had the full effect, laying into the scarab and incinerating the lesser spider.

Both of the skeeter swarms seemed to take offense at this and began buzzing loudly at Sylk. Before they could fly at her, however, a knife-like projectile veiled in water flew their way and...missed. The two clusters changed target and flew toward the source, Arachne. As it turned out, however, this had been her plan, as both groups flew into and were deleted by a mesh of webbing held like a capture net between her forelegs.

As this happened, Sylk proceeded to summon a large log and throw it spinning at the fly programs, of which only two were hit as the log itself just wasn't large enough to catch all three at once. The remaining program flew at Sylk, damaging her slightly and being generally annoying before another log, freshly summoned by Arachne, dropped on it and crushed it.

The remaining program struggled against its bindings as Arachne folder her arms and "hmmm"ed to herself for a second, before calling a large totem object from the ground. The totem shot a jet of flames at the scarab and burned it the rest of the way to deletion.

Data from the deleted fly and scarab programs rose from their remains as fine dust clouds and blew away somewhere beyond the massive flowers.
___

---The Spiders---
Sylk.EXE: 130 HP (GET: 500z, 3 FXP with Arachne)
Arachne.EXE: 180 HP (GET: 625z. 3 FXP with Sylk)

---The Enemies---
-Near Colossus Flower A-
Fly Program A: Deleted
Fly Program B: Deleted
Fly Program C: Deleted
Elebee: Deleted

-Near Colossus Flower B-
Skeeter A: Deleted
Skeeter B: Deleted

-Near Colossus Flower C-
Spidy: Deleted
Scarab Program: Deleted

---Terrain---
50% Soil, 50% Blocked (Colossus Flowers)

---Objects---
Colossus Flower A: ??? HP (2 moves ahead)
Colossus Flower B: ??? HP (1 move behind, 1 move to the left)
Colossus Flower C: ??? HP (1 move behind, 2 moves to the right)
--Colossus flower stems can be climbed, and the flowers can be stood on. The stems are around three rockcubes high to the lowest flowers, and the flowers act like grass terrain.

BATTLE 1 COMPLETE
With her upper arms stretched above her, and the remaining four wrapping tightly around her stomach, the spider let out a sigh. It was a sub-par warm up at least, but the battle was just over much to quickly for her tastes. Awww... they didn't really put up much of a fight, did they? I prefer my prey to have a little more... Vitality, you know? heheheh.

Sylk chuckled to herself slightly, as her many eyes looked over the destruction, a sense of dissatisfaction held within. It wasn't as though she expected much from her opponents, as she was clearly higher in the food chain. The fact she didn't get to try even the slightest of morsels gave her a seemingly empty feeling; In both mind and body. I do hope you're about to tell me theres more then just that, heheh. I wouldn't imagine that small sum would cause the request.

Sylk of course had no clue as to where they would be headed, so she just hung back and conserved her energy for now. She would rather just look forward to the impending excitement in this case, rather than seek it out recklessly like she usually would. I guess I'll let you lead the way then. She chimed, as her eyes began to shift amongst the scenery, confused as to where she should head for now.
"Yes, there's more," Arachne answered, looking back at Sylk and gesturing with a foreleg for her to follow. She led Sylk past two of the colossus flowers and into a more open air section of the greenhouse. Here, the ground dropped off into a large circular pit filled with exotic and bizarre plants that couldn't possibly exist from the real world. Arachne led Sylk onto one that created a mesh of vines right at the level of the ledge they were on. The mesh lowered as they stepped on, depositing them in the dense vegetation of the pit.

"I'd give you the tour, but we're a bit short on time," Arachne said. "Containment in a room this large is...difficult, as I'm sure you could guess."

As soon as they stepped off the lift vine, the familiar skittering sound of bugs moving through the overgrowth met their ears. Arachne turned to Sylk and gave her a fanged grin, saying "I haven't touched this area yet. Perhaps...you'll find it a little more satisfying..."

As she finished, several bug programs began crawling out from behind the foliage.
___

---The Spiders---
Sylk.EXE: 130 HP
Arachne.EXE: 180 HP

---The Enemies---
-All enemies fanned out between Sylk/Arachne and thick vegetation, around two moves away. Enemies are listed from left to right.-
Moth Program A: 100 HP
HoneyBomber A: 110 HP
HoneyBomber B: 110 HP
BagWorm: 80 HP
Spidy: 80 HP
Moth Program B: 100 HP
Moth Program C: 100 HP
Scarab Program: 200 HP
Cicada Program A: 100 HP
SpidyEX: 110 HP
Cicada Program B: 100 HP

---Terrain---
60% Soil, 10% Blocked (Tree objects), 30% Thick Vegetation

---Objects---
Glitchfruit: 50 HP: Bears fruit that causes a glitch effect when eaten. Can be used for cover, but is not recommended. (1 move to the right)

Elastic Tree: 100 HP (HardBody): Elastic trunk bounces away and adds knockback to anything that hits it. Be careful not to hit yourself. (1 move ahead, 1 to the left)

Reaper Vine: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Semi-sentient vine object that attacks anything it can reach. Cannot be destroyed, but attacking it will cause it to retreat into Thick Vegetation for one turn. (2 moves ahead, 1 to the right. Currently behind SpidyEX)

Lift Vine: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Vine plant that serves as a lift between two different levels. Cannot be destroyed, but can be ignited with fire attacks to damage anything on it. (Directly behind you)

---Locations---
Dropoff: Directly behind Lift Vine. You're at the bottom of this.
Thick Vegetation: Begins 2 moves away, depth unknown. Accessible, but causes a one-action stun to anything on or next to it.
I think I'll have to agree~ They look much more dilectable than the last batch, hehehe. Sylk returned a similar grin to Arachne as her voice faded out. Sylk paused for a few moments as she took in the surroundings. The mass amounts of unique foliage was a pleasant sight, only to be accentuated by the insect-like programs inhabiting the area. The excitement grew within her body, as she began to move her body without thinking. In an unusual turn of events, the spider slowly began to lower her body to the ground. Her oddly shaped legs stretched out as all six of her arms sprawled across the soft soil, holding herself up. Her unique body made the position much easier to accept, as she began to make her approach.

Her claws dug well into the soil, as she used them to dash forward along the ground. Sylk headed after her enemies without much of a thought, acting on pure instinct as her many eyes deviated between the possible targets within sight. She tried to keep light on her limbs throughout the charge. Shifting her body weight, darting back and forth trying to keep from a linear travel path was the only real change in her movements. She hoped the lowered stance might make her harder to target, coupled with the use of her extra limbs for movement. The effectiveness was still yet to be discovered, however.

Upon getting closer to the targets, Sylk pushed herself off the floor. Trying to get a decent lift into the air while still using her previous speed to keep heading forward was the idea behind it. This gave some time to prepare her attack before she landed. Swinging her mid-level arms outwards from her side, she began to call out to Rei with a chip request.

I feel like having a bit of a barbeque~ be a dear and send me down two flamethrowers, would you? heehee.

An anxious smile formed upon her lips, as the weapons of fiery destruction slowly began to take their shape upon Rei's compliance. It seemed she knew what needed to happen, so he had no complaints. As Sylk fell from above her body's natural heat began to mix with the flames of her artillery. Building a strong flame within the mechanical belly of the guns, she readied each one at their respective sides. The arachnids legs hit the dirt, bending and skidding slightly to absorb the impact, gun barrels pointed to virii on either side. She situated herself between two lines of targets and aimed to fry them all in one go, adjusting her arms to the most favored angle of attack. As her eyes split focus on each side equally, her clawed fingers gripped the trigger hard. A twisted smile could be seen, as the blaze aimed to consume her foes.

Summary:

1&2) Tactical movement - get between honeybomberB and bagworm.

3) Fireburn1 - (50 +5 fire + Line Attack) + Inner fire (passive 10 strengthen) @ honeybomberA, B, moth program A

4) Fireburn1 - (50 +5 fire + Line Attack) @ bagworm, spidy, moth program B
Sylk seemed to have the right idea, rushing in with flamethrowers blazing, as five of the six bugs that she targeted were incinerated instantly. The last one, one of the moths, managed to evade the flames and took to the air.

Meanwhile, Arachne took a slightly less run-and gun approach, positioning herself near three of the programs and blowing a cone-shaped spread of powder at them. The powder caused grass to grow on the soil it passed over and deleted two of the programs, heavily damaging the third. She then shot a small clump of charged silk at the reaper vine lurking at the edge of the vegetation, causing it to retreat into the wall of wild plants. Her own plan, however, began to fall apart when she closed the distance between herself and the Scarab and tried to rip its shell open with her forelegs, an attempt that, while damaging the program, failed to achieve the desired result. The Scarab retaliated with a ram attack, pushing Arachne back to the edge of the vegetation where several vines reached out and ensnared her legs. Arachne returned the favor with a vine of her own, binding the beetle program and pinning it in place.

The moth program Sylk had missed swooped back toward the ground, spreading a powder that hit her and afflicted her with a minor poison, and the remaining spider virus hit Arachne with a web, eliciting a nonchalant "Well, this is ironic" reaction from her.

From the remaining cicada program, a disorienting chatter began. The program itself, meanwhile, was nowhere to be seen. As the chatter started, more viruses and bug programs began approaching the battlefield from either side.
___

---The Spiders---
Sylk.EXE: 100 HP (Poison: 20 delayed damage next turn) (Confused!: Actions may fail or execute differently than intended)
Arachne.EXE: 90 HP (Webbed: slow, take damage when dodging) (Thick vegetation: -1 action) (Confused!: Actions may fail or execute differently than intended) (Equip: Rageclaw x2)

---The Enemies---
-Fanned out in front of Thick Vegetation. Enemies are listed from left to right.-
Moth Program A: Deleted
HoneyBomber A: Deleted
HoneyBomber B: Deleted
BagWorm: Deleted
Moth Program B: 100 HP
Moth Program C: Deleted
Scarab Program: 35 HP (Confuse) (Roped: Hold)
Cicada Program A: Deleted
SpidyEX: 110 HP
Cicada Program B: 100 HP (Attacking, Invisible)

-To right, two moves away-
Cicada Program C: 100 HP
Fly Program B: 50 HP
HoneyBomber C: 110 HP

-To left, behind Elastic Tree-
Scarab Program B: 200 HP
Skeeter EXA: 50 HP
Skeeter EXB: 50 HP
Cicada Program D: 100 HP

---Terrain---
45% Soil, 10% Blocked (Tree objects), 15% Grass (cone directly behind Arachne), 30% Thick Vegetation

---Objects---
Glitchfruit: 50 HP: Bears fruit that causes a glitch effect when eaten. Can be used for cover, but is not recommended. (2 moves behind, 1 move to the right)

Elastic Tree: 100 HP (HardBody): Elastic trunk bounces away and adds knockback to anything that hits it. Be careful not to hit yourself. (1 move behind, 1 to the left)

Reaper Vine: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Semi-sentient vine object that attacks anything it can reach. Cannot be destroyed, but attacking it will cause it to retreat into Thick Vegetation for one turn. (behind SpidyEX, retreated) (Glitch: ???)

Lift Vine: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Vine plant that serves as a lift between two different levels. Cannot be destroyed, but can be ignited with fire attacks to damage anything on it. (Behind, 2 moves away)

---Locations---
Thick Vegetation: Begins 2 moves away, depth unknown. Accessible, but causes a one-action stun to anything on or next to it.
Sylk's body lowered as she took damage from the bug that got away. It was pretty obvious that she was being careless, but up until this point she assumed it would be an easy fight. As her crimson eyes began to scan the area she realized how wrong she had been. A horde of insects began to swarm from multiple directions, greatly outnumbering the spider duo. It was enough to send shivers down one's spine. Unless it was Sylk, of course. The crazed look in her eyes said that she was starving for a challenge. She couldn't wait to let loose instead of holding back. The meal could wait, she wanted to have some fun now. The attack she received moments ago was having a strange effect on her however. She couldn't quite put a finger on it, but something definitely wasn't right. Instead of worrying about it though, she just began to make her next move regardless hoping it would work out.

Acting quickly, the spider began to divide her attention into multitasking using each set of hands to process something different. Sylk's upper arms began to transfer of a chip which should help both Arachne and her for the time being, its long slender form slowly growing in her palms as it took shape. The sticky white substance was warm to the touch as she gently handled it, erecting it slowly in front of herself. A warm feeling coursed through her body, as the candle worked it's magic.

Meanwhile, Sylks lowest pair of arms placed themselves against the dirt below. As she did, her body began to produce a fine thread from her pores. The silken strands began to spread outward from Sylk's body, interlacing and entwining along the soil. Welcome to my web, my delicious little morsels. Won't you stay for dinner? Hmhmhmm The navi smirked as the floor around her transformed itself into a spiralling web centered around herself, making her feel quite at home.

Sylk's center hands were conjuring a green chunk of chip data all the while, giving off a somewhat strong scent as it was compressed into a ball. Upon completion of her silken creation, she raised her arms whilst still clutching the chip firmly. Now lets just add a bit of seasoning, shall we? We can't have the main course tasting poorly... Licking her lips briefly, Sylk brought the data crashing down upon her web. The spice clouds immediately burst forth all around her, sending an omnidirectional attack at everything within her domain.

Slowly standing up with a look of satisfaction, Sylk moved to a defensive stance. She prepared herself to evade, knowing full well this wouldn't deal with everything out there. Her eyes remained vigilant as her body remained limber, readying herself for anything that came her way.

Summary:

1) Candle1 - (HP: 100, regen 5 to-All-Clause (allies), (fire body) Object Damage: 100 Fire + Impact)

2) Spider's Web - (Grass Zone, 1TCD)

3) Spice1 (80 wood + Confusion + Ground Attack + To-All-Grass) @ all enemies on grass panels

4) dodge
Sylk quickly found out what the strange effect of the cicada's chirping was, as its distracting chatter caused her to accidentally squeeze off part of the candle as she created it and set it down. Her web of grass terrain, likewise, was smaller than normal, encompassing only about half of the remaining soil area and near edge of the dense vegetation. The moth and two other programs still became targets as Sylk's 'seasoning' spread across the surface, damaging and confusing all that touched it.

Across from Sylk, Arachne was having a bad day. Already held down by webbing and remaining vegetation, she was forced to struggle and break free before crushing the remaining life out of her ensnared Scarab and hurling a log at the newly arrived fly programs. In her own confusion from the cicada's chirping she threw it poorly, causing it to hit only one of the fly programs and also strike the HoneyBomber, which immediately countered with a swarm of bees. She then set up a Totem object, intending to have it set up facing the newly arrived Cicadas. Instead of setting up a flamethrower, however, she ended up setting it with the healing face active.

Accepting this outcome, she crawled over to the group that was now on the edge of Sylk's grasslike web. "Allow me to add to your web," she said, beginning to weave one of her own. "Shall I?" Without waiting for an answer, she sprayed webbing over the group, instantly deleting the cicada and one of the skeeters while ensnaring the scarab in the remainder.

Meanwhile, the Spidy virus sprayed a web of its own that Sylk dodged, and the surviving moth program tried to attack again but, confused as well due to Sylk's spice, failed to do anything. The formerly attacking cicada reappeared, only for the surviving new one to start again in its place. In addition, the Skeeter Arachne had failed to take out with her web flew at Sylk and attacked, draining a large portion of her health.

The reaper vine returned to the surface and attacked the Spidy that still had yet to move, and a second, identical vine appeared growing out of the base of Sylk's candle and attacked her, but succeeded in nothing more than cutting off another small part of the candle.

Meanwhile more new viruses and programs appeared, this time crawling down from behind and appearing from the new edge of the thick vegetation.
___

---The Spiders---
Sylk.EXE: 105 HP (Confused!: Actions may fail or execute differently than intended)
Arachne.EXE: 145 HP (Confused!: Actions may fail or execute differently than intended)

---The Enemies---
-Fanned out in front of Thick Vegetation. Enemies are listed from left to right.-
Moth Program B: 20 HP (Confuse)
SpidyEXA: 100 HP
Cicada Program B: 100 HP

Cicada Program C: 100 HP (Attacking, Invisible)
HoneyBomber C: 60 HP

Scarab Program B: 120 HP (Confuse) (Snare)
Skeeter EXA: 50 HP
Skeeter EXB: Deleted
Cicada Program D: Deleted

-Behind, crawling down Dropoff-
Moth Program D: 100 HP
SpidyEXB: 110 HP
Cicada Program E: 100 HP
Moth Program E: 100 HP

-Ahead, at new edge of Thick Vegetation-
Bagworm: 80 HP
Scarab Program C: 200 HP
Bagworm EX: 120 HP
Elebee: 90 HP

---Terrain---
25% Soil, 10% Blocked (Tree objects), 50% Grass (cone directly behind Arachne, area around Sylk), 15% Thick Vegetation

---Objects---
Glitchfruit: 50 HP: Bears fruit that causes a glitch effect when eaten. Can be used for cover, but is not recommended. (2 moves behind, 1 move to the right)

Elastic Tree: 100 HP (HardBody): Elastic trunk bounces away and adds knockback to anything that hits it. Be careful not to hit yourself. (1 move behind, 1 to the left)

Reaper Vine A: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Semi-sentient vine object that attacks anything it can reach. Cannot be destroyed, but attacking it will cause it to retreat into Thick Vegetation for one turn. (behind SpidyEX) (Glitch: Increases in number by one whenever forced to retract)
Reaper Vine B: ??? HP (In front of Sylk)

Lift Vine: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Vine plant that serves as a lift between two different levels. Cannot be destroyed, but can be ignited with fire attacks to damage anything on it. (Behind, 2 moves away)

Venomseed: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Flowering plant that releases seeds into the air when attacked. These seeds land on a random target the next turn and inflict 5 delayed damage every subsequent turn for the rest of the battle.

Candle: 80 HP (Regen5 to Sylk and Arachne) (in front of Sylk)
Totem2: 100 HP (Healing Face) (Next to Arachne)

---Locations---
The annoying sound of the cicada continued to ring in Sylk's ears as one stopped only to have another cry out. It was must unenjoyable to the arachnid, and she was absolutely sick of it. Her next target was already decided. The problem however, was the growing number of enemies. No matter how she attacked she just couldn't get enough of them at once. Sylk wasn't exactly heavy on ways to keep her enemies still, she just preferred to decimate them. The only thing she could think of was to hopefully rely on her partner for the job. Not really knowing what to do or say, nor knowing what Arachne could do, Sylk just went out on a limb and spoke the first thing that came to her mind.

Arachne~ Is there any chance you could do me a little Favor? Would you be capable of halting some of these pests for a moment? I'm going to try to snuff out that incessant chirping. Sylk's expression turned quite sour as she mentioned the noise. Some nice music with her meal would be nice, but this was just making her lose her appetite altogether.

Before the spider could make her move, her instincts drew her into dealing with the living vine taking shelter within the defenseless candle. If left unchecked, it could deal some serious harm to herself or the only thing keeping her healthy. Not wanting to waste too much time, she simply brought her right hand upwards toward her mouth. Placing the index and middle finger against her lips, she then proceeded to imitate a gesture of blowing a kiss towards the plant. As she did, a hardened needle of silk flew from her mouth towards it, coated in a thick poison. Be a dear and go away for a little bit, k~? I'll deal with you later~ She chimed, as her attention began to shift once more.

She began to walk along her silken web, enjoying the feeling on her bare feet as her many eyes began to divide their attention between a few targets. Getting a better idea as to where her prey resided, Sylk's planning became much more efficient. Data began to form withing her upper arms quickly summoning a weapon resembling a sniper rifle. The gun was quickly raised in the direction of the muddling sounds, a crimson eye peering through a sight as she took aim. She braced herself for a moment before squeezing the trigger as hard as she could. The shot rang out as a bullet began to travel towards an unseen target. She wasn't sure if it was working right, never having used the chip before, but she prayed it would hit its mark.

Tossing the weapon aside having used its only shot, Sylk tilted her head as her vision fell upon the remaining cicadas within sight. She slowly turned her body so she could keep a watch on both the enemies from the drop off as well as those remaining from the first group. As she did a green transparent energy began to swirl at the spiders feet rising from her web. Glaring vengefully at the enemies, the energy began to twist all around her body becoming larger by the second. Her frustration was clearly showing, and was confirmed more so by a sudden outburst. Hey... You're too noisy... You damn CICADA~! As her words echoed out the power surrounding Sylk split apart and spread out in front of her body. Almost instantly it shot forth into two beams of emerald light aiming to strike down the cicadas in addition to a Spidey that just happened to be near.

Not quite satisfied yet the spider began to surround herself with a crimson flame this time. Still fixated in the same general direction, the fire accumulated before her and shot forth towards the drop off area. Midway the shape of the attack became more visible as a phoenix now streaked across the greenhouse, hurtling towards the remainder of the insect squad at the lift.

Ahhh~ that feels so much better, hmhmhm~. It's nice to let out a bit of anger every once in a while Sylk gleefully spoke to herself as she began to dart about to a new location. As she did so she kept her eyes peeled for any retaliations coming her way, and readied herself to avoid as best she could.

Summary:

Passive: Viral touch (passive glitch) @ Reaper vine 2

1) MarkCannon1 ( 70 dmg + seeking + lock on) + inner fire ( 10 strengthen) @ Cicada Program C

2) ElementalRage2 ( 90 wood dmg) @ SpideyEXA, Cicada Program B, Cicada Program E

3) PhoenixShot 2 (90 Fire dmg + wideshot) @ Moth Program D, SpidyEXB, Moth Program E

4) Dodge
Arachne was very quick to respond to Sylk's request. "Of course I can~" she said, then proceeded to fire out three webs in succession, moving within range of three different groups until eight enemies were deleted or ensnared by the webs. Once this was done, she smiled and waved back at Sylk.

Sylk, meanwhile, glitched the vine that had appeared near her back into the ground, then aimed a rifle shot at the source of the chirping. True to the weapon's description, the weapon locked onto the invisible cicada and ripped through it, bringing it out of its attack. She then called forth the power of her lopsided web and fired a blast of energy at what was left of the original group, finishing what Arachne's webs started and deleting them. Only one beam was unleashed by the attack, however, and the second cicada was left unharmed.

Her fire attack, likewise, completely missed its mark, instead being aimed at the elastic tree and the remaining bugs crawling around it. The center of the phoenixshot hit the tree itself, bouncing off and deleting a bagworm at the edge of the densest vegetation. This left her open to attacks from the bugs coming down the cliffside, of which she managed to dodge one of the moths but got hit by a web attack from the Spidy. The second moth ignored Sylk completely and instead attacked Arachne, who tried to freeze it in place with another web shot but missed and was instead sprinkled with toxic spores.

Instead of attacking again, Arachne chose to toss a small wad of webbing from the missed attack at her totem object, turning it around and aiming the red face at the webbed enemies nearest to it. As expected, the resulting flamethrower incinerated them on the spot.

Surprisingly, the remaining cicada program did not attack, nor did the badly burned scarab virus still crawling toward Sylk. Their nonaction was offset however as yet another new wave appeared, with another scarab burrowing up from the ground near Sylk to be joined by two flies from the air, and a pair of Skeeters appearing at the top of the cliff behind them flanking a dragonfly program.

"Oh, that's right," Arachne chimed in as though just remembering something. "Remember how I said some of the programs had absorbed chip data?" She nodded and waved a foreleg up at the dragonfly in a gesture that clearly stated it was one of those programs.
___

Summary
---The Spiders---
Sylk.EXE: 115 HP (Webbed: Slow, take damage when dodging)
Arachne.EXE: 175 HP (Poison: 25 delayed damage next turn)

---The Enemies---
Moth Program B: Deleted
SpidyEXA: Deleted
Cicada Program B: Deleted

Cicada Program C: Deleted
HoneyBomber C: Deleted

Scarab Program B: 30 HP
Skeeter EXA: Deleted

Moth Program D: 100 HP
Cicada Program E: 100 HP
Moth Program E: 100 HP

Bagworm: Deleted
Scarab Program C: 175 HP (Snare)
Bagworm EX: 70 HP (Snare)

-Directly in front of Sylk-
Scarab Program D: 200 HP
Fly Program C: 50 HP
Fly Program D: 50 HP

-Behind, at top of Dropoff-
SkeeterA: 30 HP
SkeeterB: 30 HP
Dragonfly Program: 200 HP

---Terrain---
25% Soil, 10% Blocked (Tree objects), 50% Grass (cone directly behind Arachne, area around Sylk), 15% Thick Vegetation

---Objects---

Reaper Vine A: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Semi-sentient vine object that attacks anything it can reach. Cannot be destroyed, but attacking it will cause it to retreat into Thick Vegetation for one turn. (behind SpidyEX) (Glitch: Increases in number by one whenever forced to retract)
Reaper Vine B: ??? HP (In front of Sylk)

Venomseed: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Flowering plant that releases seeds into the air when attacked. These seeds land on a random target the next turn and inflict 5 delayed damage every subsequent turn for the rest of the battle.

Totem2: 100 HP (Healing Face) (Next to Arachne)

---Locations---
Tch. If the cicadas weren't bad enough, now I have to worry about that... I guess I better squash it before it attacks, hmm~? Could i perhaps ask you to deal with the singing abomination then? If it isn't too much trouble~

The battle just wasn't going right for either spider, Sylk thought as it was now her covered in the sticky white webbing from a lower class spider. She wanted to spend her time disciplining the creature into respecting its higher ups, but she had more pressing matters to deal with. As her many eyes focus their attention to the insect above, she let out a sigh. Not knowing what the little pest was capable of could be her downfall. She had to take this chance however, and hopefully take it down before it could do anything useful.

The spider slowly brought each set of palms to each other as she closed her eyes for a moment. Soon after, the air around her began to distort as the temperature from her body increased rapidly. Flames began to collect and amass around Sylk, only to travel forward towards the drop off. As the crimson blaze grew in size, its form began to become apparent. A recreation of Sylks upper half in flames; The figure mimicked her perfectly as the arachnid once again opened her eyes to glare at the dragonfly. As she bared her fangs, her multiple arms split apart moving to the sides of the target. The expression from the spider seemed to say " It's time to die~" and in the next instant her claws attempted to crush the bug completely.

Following the attack, the embodiment of Sylk seemed to dissipate into the air; her attention being drawn towards those closest to her. Not wanting to take more damage then needed, she prepared to stop the group as much as possible. The white webbing covering her body made it a bit harder to move and over all made her uncomfortable. It was because of this that she opted to keep them from attacking instead of moving away. Sylk simply extended her upper right arm towards to scarab nearest her. As she did a emerald light could be seen around her opened hand. Slowly, but surely her claws fingers began to close into her palm. With that motion followed a sudden burst of vines from the soil beneath the scarab aiming to hold it down and crush it. Sylk figured the attack wasn't enough to destroy it, but atleast could occupy it for a moment. To add insult to injury, she quickly added a flying needle of hardened silk at the creature, from her parted lips. Her tongue slowly ran along them after the attack, as she waited to see what her poison would do to it with anticipation.

In her final act Sylk simply extended her mid left arm before her body. Data began to draw inward to her palm and form a solid shape intended to keep her from harm. In only a few seconds the shield of her Guard1 was completely visible as she took cover behind its somewhat sturdy defense. Since she felt she couldn't just escape, bolstering her defenses was the next best thing after all. She was less than satisfied with the amount of destruction caused, but even she needed to take caution once in a while. However boring it might be.

Summary:
1&2) Firehit1 + doublehit - (60 fire + 10 element bonus + impact) @ Dragonfly program

3) Rope1 + inner fire - (50 wood dmg + hold x 3 turns) + (passive 10 strengthen) @ Scarab Program D

Passive: Viral Touch - (glitch) @ scarab Program D

4) Guard1

Arachne gave a fanged smile at Sylk's request and made a gesture somewhere between a salute and a wave. She then proceeded to launch a wave of wooden spires at the entire group at the base of the dropoff. The WoodTower, being inaccurate as it was, only managed to delete two of the four targets, but the cicada was one of them. Arachne lowered herself to the ground again, with the apparent goal of just playing with the dirt, but seconds later a ropelike vine emerged from the earthen wall to snare and hold down one of the remaining two, the second moth program.

Satisfied with this, she pushed herself off the ground again, bringing with her a large but thin web set as a wall between her and the cliffside.

Sylk, meanwhile, focused directly on the greatest threat of the battlefield: the newly arrived dragonfly. She did this by projecting herself in fire and attempting to crush the bug between the blazing arms of this fiery embodiment of herself. The dragonfly, as it turned out, was more resilient to squishing than Sylk thought and survived the attack, despite taking heavy damage. The projection then dissipated, leaving Sylk to turn and bind the scarab that had just emerged in front of her, then glitch it, then set up a guard against its subsequent attack that left the scarab injured and looking generally silly.

The failure to defeat the dragonfly quickly came back to bite Sylk as it flew down followed by its Skeeter minions and slammed into her. Before the skeeters could do the same, one of them was crushed on the weight of a giant musical note courtesy of Arachne, which continued to land on one of the fly programs, the weakest of the remaining scarabs, and then the other fly program before disappearing.

Fortunately for Sylk, this drew off the remaining Skeeter. Unfortunately, the dragonfly was still content to plow right through her with the absorbed data of a DashAttack before continuing toward Arachne. The Skeeter was quickly caught in Arachne's web, but was still hit by the dragonfly's attack before it too was pulled back and ensnared.

Obviously feeling the effects of the attack as well, Arachne tossed another mass of recycled webbing at the totem to switch it back to the healing face, where it healed both navis by a considerable amount. Unfortunately, the remains of their swarm of enemies weren't quite through yet, as the Spidy Arachne had failed to hit attacked and re-webbed Sylk as soon as that from its last attack fell away.

The reaper vine that Sylk had caused to retract the turn before reappeared, now dripping what appeared to be lava.
____

Summary
---The Spiders---
Sylk.EXE:65 HP (Webbed: Slow, take damage when dodging)
Arachne.EXE: 155 HP

---The Enemies---
Moth Program B: Deleted
SpidyEXA: Deleted
Cicada Program B: Deleted

Cicada Program C: Deleted
HoneyBomber C: Deleted

Scarab Program B: Deleted
Skeeter EXA: Deleted

Moth Program D: Deleted
Cicada Program E: Deleted
Moth Program E: 50 HP (Roped: Hold)

Bagworm: Deleted
Scarab Program C: 175 HP
Bagworm EX: 70 HP

-Directly in front of Sylk-
Scarab Program D: 120 HP (Glitch: Recoil: Successful attacks do half damage to self, bypass defenses) (Roped: Hold)
Fly Program C: Deleted
Fly Program D: Deleted

-Behind, at top of Dropoff-
SkeeterA: Deleted
SkeeterB: Deleted
Dragonfly Program: 20 HP (Snare)

---Terrain---

---Objects---

Reaper Vine A: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Semi-sentient vine object that attacks anything it can reach. Cannot be destroyed, but attacking it will cause it to retreat into Thick Vegetation for one turn. (behind now-deleted SpidyEX) (Glitch: Increases in number by one whenever forced to retract)
Reaper Vine B: ??? HP (In front of Sylk) (Glitch: Dripping lava: Attacks have fire element and a one in ten chance of creating a lava panel under the target)

Totem2: 98 HP (Heal Face) (Next to Arachne)

---Locations---
Sylks four lower arms all clung around her body as she recovered from the impact of the Dragonflys mad dash. Her multiple eyes contained a burning anger within as she looked in its general direction. Her first thought was to finish it off. That was until she remembered the scarab which was still nearby. Not only that, but the vine she attacked earlier had also resurfaced. She wasted no time in attempted to send it back under once more. Sorry, honey. I just don't have time for you right now~ With a lazily displayed grin and a flick of her wrist yet another corrupted needle flew at the vine as her eyes moved to the bound bug before her.

Her mid-right hand pulled away from herself as she aimed it towards the virus yet again. Making a similar gripping motion as before she attempted to squeeze the life from it a second time. As she did this, Sylk Moved in close as speedily as she was able to. Her fangs became completely visible after a lick of her lips, eyeing the trapped virii. Come on now~ Share your data with me... Let me see how you taste, my prey~ Suddenly lunging with her jaw Sylk snapped at the insect with all her might; Eight eyes were completely fixated on the virus. As her razor sharp teeth aimed to sink into the bug, her six arms all pulled back while drawing out a large amount of her energy. Her claws shot forth with extreme force, flames coating her palms as they tried to connect with the target.

Sylk jumped back following the attack, Trying to keep herself away from anything that could damage her further for now. She continued to keep on the defensive moving around and keeping an eye out for incoming attacks. The white threads coating her body however, made it harder for her to do so. It was quite a nuisance. Regardless, she attempted to steer clear of harms way for now, even if she had to endure the bindings for a little while.

As she kept on the move, Sylk drew her arms together as she returned her gaze to the flying menace which had just injured her. Her pride as a spider was at stake this time, she suddenly decided. A crackle of electricity sparked in between her six palms as glowing orb of yellow began to come into existence. Making sure she had a clear look at her opponent, her arms pushed forward and fired the energy blast toward the dragonfly. As if filled with her hatred for the damned creature, she watched as it seemed to go after it specifically. A satisfied smile seemed to form upon her lips, thinking that she wouldn't have any problems with it escaping. Only time would tell just how right that feeling was.

Sylk was feeling a bit of exhaustion from the battle, taking a small breather as she worked out her next move. It had been the first time dealing with so many opponents at once, and even with Arachne's assistance she was feeling the effects of the fight. She attempted to shake off the feeling however, as she summoned up a large v-shaped blade into her upper arms. Her body twisted, and her arm calked back as she glanced in the direction of the Bagworm and scarab towards the vegetation not far-off. She attempted to line up her body with them, as she calmed herself in preparation for the attack. Taking a quick step into the throw, she let lose the boomerang as her body unwound with her strength being focused into her designated arm. Keeping her feet planted as to keep her angle and power in check, the boomerang left her hand with the "whirring" of the weapon cutting through the air. As it barreled towards the enemy, she waited with anticipation to see if it would strike both of them.

summary:
Passive: Viral touch @ Reaper Vine B

Continued effect: Rope1 2nd turn - (50 wood dmg + hold x 3 turns) @ Scarab Program D

1) Blazing Fang to Scorching Palm Combo - (take aim + 40 drain fire) + (30 fire + knockback + impact) + Self Busterlock @ Scarab Program D

2) Dodge

3) Thunder1 - (40 elec + homing + stun) @ Dragonfly Program

4) Boomerang1 (60 wood ) + Inner fire (10 strengthen) @ Bagworm EX, Scarab program C
After sending the vine back underground, Sylk focused on finishing off the scarab in front of her, biting into and then punching it while the rope she bound it with earlier did the rest of the work. She then dodged away, barely avoiding another web from the Spidy but taking damage from the previous one.

On Arachne's end, she ignored the dragonfly for the moment, choosing instead to hit the totem one more time, aiming it at the final Scarab. She launched a string of silk at it to bind it in place before the totem did the rest of the work, incinerating it. Across the battlefield, her own rope vine crushed the life out of the remaining moth. In front of her, Sylk's thunder hit and deleted the dragonfly caught in her web. Grinning, Arachne began making her way toward the last opponent.

Sylk, meanwhile, tossed a boomerang which deleted the bagworm and cut through the charred husk of the remaining scarab, barely clinging to existence until that moment.

Across the way, Arachne dug her forelegs, empowered by a bambooknife, into the remaining Spidy and ripped it apart. Looking around afterward, she saw that the remaining enemies were all taken care of, and allowed her body to drop to the ground for a moment's rest.
____

---The Spiders---
Sylk.EXE: 115 HP (GET: 2100z, DashAttack, 14 FXP with Arachne)
Arachne.EXE: 180 HP (GET: 2100z, Drain1, 14 FXP with Sylk)

---Enemies---
All enemies deleted

---Terrain---
35% Soil, 10% Blocked (Tree objects), 50% Grass (cone directly behind Arachne, area around Sylk, minus burned parts), 15% Thick Vegetation

---Objects---

Reaper Vine A: ??? HP (Cannot be destroyed): Semi-sentient vine object that attacks anything it can reach. Cannot be destroyed, but attacking it will cause it to retreat into Thick Vegetation for one turn. (behind now-deleted SpidyEX) (Glitch: Increases in number by one whenever forced to retract)
Reaper Vine B: ??? HP (In front of Sylk) (Glitch: Dripping lava: Attacks have fire element and a one in ten chance of creating a lava panel under the target)

Totem2: 97 HP (Damage Face) (Next to Arachne)

---Locations---

Battle 2: END
Upon the battle data being uploaded from Sylk as the last enemy fell, Rei's voiced called out to her in a private channel out of the blue. "Sylk, your on your own for a bit. I'll be back quickly, so don't get into too much trouble."

Before the spider could even reply to her OP's remark, the line seemed to have already disconnected, leaving her quite unamused at his lack of caring. Letting out a heavy sigh, Sylk fell back toward the ground, and outstretched herself upon the grassy floor beneath her. She was exhausted after that fight, both physically and mentally. Yet her expression soon became one of happiness as she thought about the events which had just unfolded. It had been a tough battle and she found it most enjoyable to be pushed as much as she was. In a sense, she was even looking forward to what lay ahead. A little breather first couldn't hurt though she figured.

Her head tilted to the side in an attempt to look over towards Arachne. She chuckled softly to herself upon realizing they had similar thoughts about how to use the moments peace. Hey arachne~? Earlier you said this place was like a home to you... How did that come to occur? And how did all these programs ending up getting lose here anyways? If you don't mind my asking, that is. The curiosity of the arachnid was being fueled by her desire to get to know another of her kind, even just a tiny bit. Sylk found Arachne nothing short of interesting, in more ways than one, even though they had only been acquainted for such a small period of time. She figured it couldn't hurt to ask a few questions while getting rested up.

The other spider folded her forelegs in front of her and grinned back at Sylk as she asked her question. "Mm, I can answer that," she said, pausing for a moment as though wondering where to begin. "Well, Tavi, my operator, helps out in here all the time, which means that I help out in here all the time. Consequently, I've ended up knowing it better than any other navi here, even the owners."

After the thorough but rather underwhelming explanation, she added, as a final note, "Besides, I happen to like it here," before addressing Sylk's second question.

"As for the bugs...well...I think Tavi's better suited to explain that one." She made a tapping motion against the air next to her, as though expecting a holoscreen to open there. Which, one did, revealing a girl of around with light skin, slicked black hair and small-lensed glasses, looking not at all happy about being addressed. "Tavi? Would you like to help me out here?"

"Yeah, uhh..." the girl on the holoscreen hesitated, looking toward something offscreen, then back toward the two navis. "Right...the insect programs...that was my fault."