A Web Friendly Pesticide?

"You got it," Arachne said as Sylk refreshed her armor and prepared to try and take down the Scutz. It lunged forward out of the lava pool and attempted to pounce on top of her like the green one had before. Sylk evaded the attack, and retaliated with two MarkCannon blasts and a homing insectoid missile. Before the latter could hit the target, however, the Scutz retaliated with another laser bolt, which shattered the silken casing surrounding her.

Spurred by its success, the virus lunged forward again, but once again missed as Sylk evaded. As she dodged, however, a large crackling sphere of electricity gathered above the Scuttler, and launched itself toward the two spider navis. Arachne dodged, leaving it to hit Sylk right as she finished evading the Scutz's attack, sending a powerful surge of electricity through her body.

Before her systems could lock up, Sylk managed to fire a pair of energy bolts at each of the remaining modified viruses, stunning both of them. The Scutz managed to retreat back into its lava pool before being it, but Arachne took that as her cue to throw an AquaKnife in after it. The lava under the Scutz exploded as the knife hit, vaporizing the virus along with it.
___

Summary
---The Spiders---
Sylk.EXE: 6 HP (On Soil, near right burning bridge) (MachCross Active) (Buster lock: 4 turns) (Casing Destroyed) (Stun x1)
Arachne.EXE: 180 HP (On Soil, between burning bridges.)

---The Bosses---
Modified Scutz: Exploded
Modified Scuttler: 120 HP (Aura Destroyed) (On solar panel on far side of pit) (Stun x2)
Modified Scuttzer: Incinerated

---Terrain---
4% Holy (Four panels at four corners of the battlefield. The ones on this side are each two moves away and two moves from the pit)
6% Cursed (small strips between the holy panels and the pit)
20% Missing (Large pit in the center of the battlefield. Separates the battle into two sides)
10% Burning Wood (Operates like Lava terrain, except solid) (Both bridges)
10% Solar (On either side of the pit, wherever there's no wood terrain)
4% Lava (Small patch in the center of the near side area)
1% Normal (exploded part of lava)
5% Furnace (Small patch in the center of the far side area)
40% Soil (Everywhere else)
-Upper Level-
10% Wood, 40% Burning Wood, 50% Missing

---Objects---
Reaper Vine: Several growing out of the root structure on the upper level, around the edges

Lava Reaper (Fire element Reaper Vine): In center of Lava terrain (Retracted)

Glitchfruit Tree: 50 HP: On far edge of the dome, by the wall

Regulator Tree: 200 HP: next to Furnace patch (Terrain Lock)

Candle: 100 HP: on Holy (Regen5 to Sylk and Arachne)

---Special---
Terrain Lock: Terrain change sigs and chips cannot be used. Chips and signatures with terrain change as an explicit secondary effect will have this effect reversed.
Sylks body tingled from the electrical blast. The strong surge of energy shorted out her systems, rendering her helpless for a moment, but she wasn't the only one. It seemed that she had hit her mark with her last maneuver, and her foe was surely feeling a similar sensation. The only difference was their physical conditions really.

Sylk was filled with the essence of pain, as her body wanted to just give out. The lightning had singed her body, her arms heavy as she looked toward the skuttler. All eight of her eyes were focused on the enemy. The suit of armor she wore crackled and shorted out from the damage. Her targeting systems were fried, and her defenses were broken. The suit repaired itself to a minor degree, her steeled webbing weaving its way into the fabric to offer a little more protection. Slowly raising an arm up the the crimson visor, she slid it off from her face. It was only in the way. Sylk wanted to stare down the prey unhindered, one last look before she aimed to finish it off.

My precious minions. I beckon to you now. Do my bidding, and destroy my enemy. Her voice was as cold as her stare, as she extended a finger towards the virus. A black mist appeared, as her call was heard. As the mechanical virii appeared from the shadows, it showed little hesitation before slashing out twice at the prey of the spider navi.

Though she tried to show little fear, her actions spoke otherwise. Sylk was quick to call forth a wall of webbing, in the chance a counter attack was launched against her. Of course that was not all for the young arachnid. Mustering up the last bit of strength, she even tried to move around behind her guard. If it were to be pierce, at least she hoped for the assault to miss its intended target.

Hopefully this is the end of our pest problem, wouldn't you agree Arachne?

summary:

Passive: Armor Weave (20 HP casing)

1) stunned

2) Machinesword - (60 + 15 slashing dmg + wide attack x2, to stunned targets) @ Skuttler

3) Guard1

4) dodge

Sylk recovered from the electrical blast long before her opponent regained mobility, giving her enough time to summon the mechanical assassins and finish it off. The virus, cut into pieces by the MachineSword, slowly dissolved, leaving nothing left of the three modified viruses.

"Mm," Arachne nodded in agreement. "Isn't that right, Tavi? You're not going to do anything stupid like this again in the future now, are you?" With a hesitant nod and agreement from Tavi, Arachne gave a fanged smile and said "Give it a couple weeks. She can't resist screwing things up."

Arachne paused, looking around at what was left of the battlefield. A large section of it had burned away by the Scutz's attacks, but from the looks of it the entire root structure wasn't supposed to have been there in the first place. "This'll take some cleaning up, but I think we're done here for now," she said, turning to Sylk. "I hope to work with you again sometime. I'd offer you a handshake, but I'm not quite equipped for that." Instead, she smiled, then added "I'll be seeing you," before being jacked out of the net.
_____

All enemies defeated.

Sylk GET: 1500z, Rope2, +6 FXP with Arachne
Arachne GET: 1500z, Firetower1 +6 FXP with Sylk
Bye~e! Take care of yourself till we meet again! The spider retorted, waving towards Arachne as she began to vanish from sight. It was a little sad, as she had grown quite fond of having another arachnid around. Even if they seemed quite different in schematics. A heavy sigh left Sylks lips as she looked around the battlefield. For something that had been filled with so much aggression only moments ago, it felt eerie to look on at its now peaceful existence. It may have its own battle scars now, but the landscape was still something to behold.

Rei was silent as he pondered to himself. There were a few pressing matters he wanted to discuss with his navi, and frankly he wasn't too sure just how to put it to words. His hands fidgeted with the PET, as he slowly began to formulate a sentence, making a first attempt with how he should start.

"Sylk, i'm going to request a different reward for this mission."

The Spider blinked for a moment as the words seemed to go in one ear, and out the other, not quite understanding what was just said. I'm sorry... I don't think i heard you right. Could you say that again?

"I don't think we are ready for another addition to our group yet. Looking at this battle, and our previous fights... Its not something I'm ready to bring a new program into." Rei had a nervous tone to his words, as he prayed he was making sense. " All we've been doing is fighting. We've been on some crazy power run, majority of it with me to blame. Your still young yourself after all. I'm just worried that its too soon for you to look after someone else, while still struggling to look after yourself."

The Spider stood speechless, both surprised at her OP's sudden backbone and annoyed at what she could only read as an insult. What?! Are you saying im too weak? Just watch, i'll show you how strong i am. I'm definitely strong enough to- Her words fell short as she was abruptly cut off by a sudden shoat.

"SYLK! This is exactly what i'm talking about... This hunger and obsession for power goes to show your still Immature. We both are, and i think i need to apologize. I'm sorry for not being there for you when it matters... Sorry that I've filled your head with these thoughts that only strength matters." The more he reflected on it, the more Rei remembered what had happened the last time he used power as an ideal objective. The reality of the matter was quite cruel, both to him and to Curseman. Being strong was far from the only thing that mattered and it was that pursuit that led them to separation. Rei couldn't bare for that to happen again.

" Lets start over from here. Re-evaluate our lifestyle. We should find something that... I dont know, gives us a purpose maybe? We've been doing things for ourselves all this time. Maybe we are do for a change of pace." He was still a little uncertain as he began to ramble on. Still he help a tiny hope that this was a step in the right path for a better life for the two of them.

Sylks head hung low with her 6 arms crossed along her body as she took in the lecture; Her eyes hidden behind a cascade of blue. She was in complete silence, her body refusing to move even an inch as she mulled it all over in her head. It was a bit hard to swallow, but somewhere deep down she knew Rei had a point.

A-alright. The dead air was shattered, as Sylk pieced together her thoughts. I'll trust you on this... just this one time though. If i think your wrong at any point, I'm going back to doing things how i want though. Got That? Her voice seemed more timid than usual as she spoke, still trying to act tough while accepting what she had been told. She slowly turned away, as a blue light began to surround her body.

Let's get out of here, Rei.

"...Alright"

*jack out*