How many ways can you say "killing time?"

Pianissimo stepped out of the portal from the netsquare into Dentech net proper, and more specifically a section of the net that looked like...well, Dentech proper.

You know, if Dentech was attended by computer programs in silly outfits and haunted by viruses.

Thinking over this, Pianissimo decided that it wouldn't surprise him if this were the case. Rolling his eyes at the prospect, he set out across the netscape of the university.

((Requesting battle or something, yes))
((Bumpage))
Pianissimo stalks across the information filled server of Dentech Net, looking for some viruses to get rid of before his legs brush against a bunch of tall grass. Continuing into the annoying terrain, the assassin spots 5 hardened apples. A green, genie-like thing pops out of one of them and signals its other allies upon Pianissimo's approach. They all take different ready positions.

Oh, and two Fighterplanes fly overhead, shooting bullets and stuff.

AppleSamuA: 70 HP
AppleSamuB: 70 HP [IronBody]
AppleSamuC: 70 HP [IronBody]
AppleSamuD: 70 HP
AppleSamuE: 70 HP [IronBody]
FighterPlaneA: 140 HP
FighterPlaneB: 140 HP

Terrain: 100% Grass

Pianissimo.exe: 200 HP

-BATTLE 1-
-START-
"This is it? Shame," Pianissimo muttered, signaling to his operator for chips. "Hold back a bit," he commented. "I'm not going to be able to hit three of them yet."

"Huh? What?" Duke asked, jolting away.

"I said I needed chips."

"Well, there goes my nap," Duke sighed, popping a few into the PET before closing his eyes again.

Beneath his helmet, the assassin rolled his eyes before springing into action. His eyes locked onto the fighter planes, and the next moment he was in the air above them, sword tracing through both in a quick draw. As he fell, he kicked off of one of them and tossed a trio of needles down at them as they appeared in his hand. Two targeted the fighters, the third...fell to the ground somewhere.

Seconds later, he landed, crouching to the ground. He planted one hand on the grass at his feet, then glanced up at the apples ahead of him. A wall of flames erupted from under them, inflicting what was probably extreme overkill on the genie things that weren't hiding inside their apples at the moment.

Expecting a counterattack, Pianissimo stood up again, bracing himself to dodge...whatever the apples used to attack.
___

1. Stepsword FighterPlanes - Teleport, 120 slashing to each
*Tac Movement: Kick off of fighter planes to gain distance
2. AquaNeedle FighterPlanes - 20 x 3 Aqua, one to each plane (the third hits...something. Or lands harmlessly, one of those)
3. FlameLine AppleSamus A, D, and anything else that pops up at the wrong time - 70 x 3 (elemental bonus, terrain bonus), line attack
4-6: Prepped Dodge
The Fighterplanes were hacked apart before being finished off by a pair of Aquaneedles. The third Aquaneedle fell idly onto an iron-bodied AppleSamu. It popped out its head to survey what just struck it, finding nothing of interest. Two of the apple viruses prepared to spit a mouthful of seeds but found themselves on the burning end of a Flameline. At their moment of deletion, they tried to sacrifice themselves and heal their comrades but no one seemed to need the extra health.

AppleSamuA: DELETED
AppleSamuB: DELETED
AppleSamuC: 70 HP [IronBody]
AppleSamuD: 70 HP
AppleSamuE: 70 HP
FighterPlaneA: DELETED
FighterPlaneB: DELETED

Terrain: 20% Normal, 80% Grass

"That went easier than I thought," Pianissimo muttered, staring at the last three apple viruses. He hated viruses like these, that just hid in shells half the time. Granted it was a legitimate tactic, one he'd had to resort to before...to a degree, but that didn't make them any less annoying.

Duke yawned. "We fighting apples?" he asked, as though he just now noticed the assassin's would-be opponents.

"Try to keep up..." Pianissimo muttered, feeling more chip data enter his system. Hopefully it would be enough. He had seen one of the viruses pop its head out when the last needle hit it, and so a strategy was formed. He drew level with the hiding apple genie, lining them up...and knocked on the shell with his sword.

After waiting for a couple seconds, he thrust his hand forward, firing a burst of flames at all three of the apples.
___

*Tac Movement: Move to point where applesamus are in a vertical line in front of Pianissimo with ApplesamuC nearest
1. Buster attack: AppleSamuC (negligible damage...8, I think)
2. FireBurner AppleSamus: 50x3 (elemental bonus)(grass terrain bonus) to three, fire

<Turn splice that's probably unnecessary>
((bump))
After Pianissimo coaxed one of the apples out with a quick buster shot to lure it out, he immediately sprayed a wave of fire all over the remaining viruses. But the other two AppleSamus had other plans and hid back in their shells before the fire could hit them. When the attack finished, half the field had been reduced to ashes but viruses still remained.

AppleSamuC: DELETED
AppleSamuD: 70 HP [IronBody]
AppleSamuE: 70 HP [IronBody]

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Grass

Pianissimo.exe: 200 HP [4 actions remaining]
"I forgot how annoying those things could be," Duke commented from the real world as the remaining two applesamus hid in their...apples...again. "How do they even do that, anyway? It's not like apples are naturally that hard. If they were, there's be a lot more people without teeth in the world. That or nobody would eat them except snakes, weird people who could swallow them whole, and gods of death."

"Duke," Pianissimo started over the radio, "Do me a favor, shut up, and send me a rageclaw."

"One rageclaw coming right up," Duke said, though he sounded disappointed that his navi had once again cut off one of his rambles.

Right, Pianissimo thought, feeling the chip data enter his system. I know how to deal with these things. He focused on one, the apple farthest away. To the AppleSamu, the world around it became a much more dangerous place. It was surrounded by a ring of flames, flames that formed images of more fire, worms, apple-loving maniacs, and...an apple coring machine. That's right, Pianissimo thought as the illusion sank in around the virus, hopefully leaving it with the impression that the only safe thing to do was stay right where it was. Stay there in your shell, safe from all the nightmares around you. Meanwhile, in the real net world, a pool of lava opened up beneath the apple virus, taking up the very space it would think was safe.

Right then, Pianissimo thought, walking up to the other, nearer apple, black metallic claws extending from the glove of his right hand as he moved. He knelt next to the apple and slid the clawed arm under it, then lifted and flicked his hand to throw the second apple at the lava pit that had opened under the first.
___

3. Nightmares: Illusion of hazardous area surrounding AppleSamuE, lava panel under AppleSamuE (50 damage, x2 from elemental weakness)
4. RageClaw AppleSamuD into lava pit under AppleSamuE (Rageclaw damage nulled by ironbody, 50x2 damage from lava)
The AppleSamu is cooked on top of the lava panel while the second one endures a similar fate after being thrown. There are some zenny leftover after the battle.

AppleSamuC: DELETED
AppleSamuD: DELETED
AppleSamuE: DELETED

Terrain: 45% Normal, 50% Grass, 5% Lava

[Battle 1 - Victory!]

Get: 840z
"And that's that," Pianissimo muttered, turning away from the lava pit and pressing onward, hopefully into more apple-free territory.

((Battle 2))
((Ker-bump))
Pianissimo walked further in, only to nearly slip and fall! Catching himself, the assassin noticed the whole floor to be made completely out of glass.

A large figure rushed by him, almost crashing into the swordsman, and another, and another. Turning around, Pianissimo noted that they were Armadills, more stupid... Ironbody... things. Great.

A cannonball whizzing by his ear made Pianissimo turn again, just in time to duck from some Cattack attacks.

Hearing scuttling to his sides, Pianissimo glanced toward those directions and found Spidys just waiting for him.

It seemed he was... surrounded. Pft.

-Behind-
ArmadillA: 100 HP
ArmadillB: 100 HP
ArmadillC: 100 HP

-Front-
CatackA: 120 HP
CatackB: 120 HP
CatackC: 120 HP

-Sides-
SpidyA: 80 HP
SpidyB: 80 HP

Terrain: 100% Glass

-BATTLE 2-
-GO-
((This post brought to you by idiocy. Because I needed to resort to it to get my motivation back.))

"It seems I'm...surrounded," Pianissimo said, shamelessly stating the obvious. He glanced around at his opponents while inputting a request for chips. Not very threatening, not very threatening, and not very threatening. He added a slight "pfft" to the end of his previous statement.

Duke slotted in the requested chips, noticing that Pianissimo was, in fact, surrounded. That must be the observation of the day right there. As if to accentuate this, he commented as he inserted the last one, "Tell the viruses you're surrounded. I don't think they know yet."

Pianissimo didn't answer. Out loud, at least. In his head, he thought sure, and while I'm at it I guess I'll have to tell them that they are, in fact, viruses. And that those three over there are tanks, the two to either side are spiders, and the ones back there are roadkill...I mean armadillos. They might not know that either.

But, instead of playing Captain Obvious, even if the viruses obviously needed him to, Pianissimo settled for killing them. He made a quick glance behind him to ascertain the exact position of the roadkill...er...armadillos, then...vanished.

His reappearance was signaled by a wide, sweeping slash originating from directly behind the roadkill...ARMADILLOS...and cutting directly through where he had gauged them to be. Satisfied, the assassin stood up, readying the next chip. Before he could fire it off, however, Duke chimed in again.

"Hey Pianissimo," he said.

"What."

"You're not surrounded."

The assassin gave an exasperated sigh. "Go take a nap, your lack of sleep is making you stupid," he said dully. Focusing on the tanks ahead of him, he raised a hand and activated the Airstorm chip. A trio of whirlwinds formed between his hand and the tanks, drawing them towards him....

...closer...

...closer...

As they got within an accessible range, Pianissimo let the whirlwinds run out of control before vanishing, then lunged forward, drawing his katana once again, this time with a widesword equipped. He slashed at the tanks, hoping it would finish what the whirlwinds started.

Which left the spiders.

The assassin took one step towards one, then vanished again, reappearing behind the one he had stepped away from. Drawing his sword back, he lunged forward again and thrust the blade into his path, letting his momentum carry him into a devastating rush that left him on the far side of the other spider when he finally came to a halt.

Turning around, he prepared to dodge any retaliation, assuming anything remained.
___

1. Stepsword Armadills: Teleport behind Armadills, 120 slashing, wide attack
2. Airstorm2 Catacks: 60 each, Fan effect
*Tac Movement: Close remaining distance between self and Catacks
3. Widesword Catacks: 80 slashing+wide attack
4. AreaGrab behind SpidyA
5. DashAttack Spidys: 90 each
6. Dodge
((bumpity))
Pianissimo caught the confident viruses in a surprise attack with the stepsword chip and wiped out the Armadills with a single swipe. The viruses was in a havok as their surrounding perimeter was broken so fast and prepared their retaliation attacks. As the Catacks loaded their ammunition into their barrels, they were drawn by the powerful suction of the Airshot chip and all of them were hit by a tornado followed by another swipe of the sword. The Spidys couldn't even react to the situation when Pianissimo disappeared and reappeared behind them and prepared his Katana. However, the one Spidy was able to leap away from its position and dodged the dangerous Dashattack in the last second!

-Behind-
ArmadillA: DELETED
ArmadillB: DELETED
ArmadillC: DELETED

-Front-
CatackA: DELETED
CatackB: DELETED
CatackC: DELETED

-Sides-
SpidyA: DELETED
SpidyB: 80 HP

"On...second though don't go back to sleep yet, we've got a straggler," Pianissimo said, turning around to face the last spider. He imputted a few more chip requests, which made Duke pause for a few seconds before sending them.

"Uhh...what do you plan on doing?" he asked. "Do I even want to know?"

"Even I've got to have a bit of fun sometimes," the assassin quipped. he lunged at the spider, thrusting his right arm forward, which was now encased in a large, deadly-looking claw. Rather than ripping at the virus, however, he made to scoop it up and fling it into the air.

He watched the path of its flight for a few more seconds before drawing the same hand back, now devoid of claw, and slinging a metal ball with three red capsules on it at the virus. As the ball left his hand, a flame gun materialized around the arm and enclosed on it, from which Pianissimo shot a short burst of...well, fire.

"Should be a nice quick fireworks display," the assassin remarked, watching.
___

1. RageClaw SpidyB into the air (20 damage...I guess?)
2. EnergyBomb SpidyB - 40x3
3. Heatshot SpidyB - 40 fire
With a loud boom and bang, the surviving virus was finally deleted and Pianissimo was able to enjoy the short fireworks along with the loot of the battle.

-Behind-
ArmadillA: DELETED
ArmadillB: DELETED
ArmadillC: DELETED

-Front-
CatackA: DELETED
CatackB: DELETED
CatackC: DELETED

-Sides-
SpidyA: DELETED
SpidyB: DELETED

-BATTLE WON!-
1000z
"Needs a few more of them, I think," Pianissimo said, walking away from what was left of the enemy group that had 'surrounded' them.

"What do you think this is, anyway? The fourth of July or something?" Duke yawned.

"It is, isn't it?"

"I'm not even from Netopia."

The assassin didn't answer. He just stared at a projected window where Duke was talking to him from, still looking extremely tired. Duke stared back for a moment, then conceded. "Oh well, guess it doesn't matter as long as stuff gets blown up."

Pianissimo nodded, then turned and continued on his way.
Pianissimo came across a large clustered viruses, all specializing in certain areas. Before the navi could do anything, he caught a small glint of gray near the viruses...

DominerdA: 100 HP [Stonebody / Invis]
DominerdB: 100 HP [Stonebody / Invis]
ScarecrowA: 100 HP
ScarecrowB: 100 HP
ScarecrowC: 100 HP
Fishy EXA: 120 HP
Fishy EXB: 120 HP
Fishy EXC: 120 HP
ArmadillA: 100 HP
ArmadillB: 100 HP
ArmadillC: 100 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal