An Introduction to Counterinfectionalism

"Alright, alright, think, think, think!" Traceur glanced around, assessing his options as he viewed the scattered viruses. This wasn't like last time, where they were easy targets, all bunched up and everything. No, this was a time where they were scattered about. They were easy targets individually, but altogether they were a quite real threat. He could hit a couple, but he couldn't hit them all. The ones he hadn't hit would then proceed to converge on him. Again, this wasn't good at all.

"S-s-so Traceur, what should we do?" Travis tentatively asked, examining each of the viruses and looking for any potential weaknesses.Samurais, fighter planes, and armadillos with iron shells. It didn't look particularly good at all. He quickly assessed his navi's surroundings, viewing the area and trying to find anything that could be used to their advantage.

"Wait, Travis. The glass. I got a break-chip not too long ago, I could shatter it. It's pressurized. It'll explode." The navi in question snapped his fingers, looking at Exorcist. "Except for the fact that all the terrain is glass. And our undershirt programs won't save us from the critical damage this would do because it would come in the form of hundreds upon hundreds of glass shards." Traceur muttered to himself, then realized an ideal solution.

"If we duck down and I change the elemental properties of the terrain to magnetic, it'll stay stabilized. It won't explode... Except, you're not electric type. You'll be tossed around the area. Hmm... Well here grab onto me so that it doesn't throw you around too bad before you can nullify the effects." Extending his hand to her, the planning navi looked around the area. The explosion would probably be enough... When Exorcist grabbed onto him, he'd try to lift her up so that the magnet panels wouldn't fully affect her.

"Uhm, Traceur, aren't those airplanes flying?" Travis mentioned, looking skeptical. He thought that the explosion would hit them, but it was rather unlikely that they'd die from just that, he figured.

"Yeah, you're right. Exorcist, I saw you use some sort of lightning, that'd be really useful on those airplane things. Uhm, and those Armadills..." Traceur trailed off. "Wait, whiteweb. Give me that as well, along with the cannonball."

Travis inserted the proper chips with slightly more confidence, keeping his hands steadier this time around. They went in with a series of clacks, and Traceur drew in a breath through his teeth.

"Alright." In the hand he wasn't offering to Exorcist, several things happened at once. First, three tiny grenades appeared in his hand. The rings that would allow their fuses to be set off were attached to three different fingers. He held them with the remaining finger and the thumb, yanking the pins out. He tossed each of them at the armadills, trying to mire them in the glass panels.Shaking the rings off his fingers, he drew his weapon, loading it as he had with one arm a while ago. Not so long ago though as to have forgotten.

This bullet wasn't made to go long, it was better suited to be placed as a shotgun slug. If he could get his hands on a shotgun, that was. He wasn't really sure if he wanted to, but this would serve as the mortar round he needed to set the chain reaction off.

"Alright, here we go, Exorcist. Hang on to your hat!" Traceur fired the singular slug, which arced slowly as he then stomped on the glass panels, laying down his field and sending out a chain reaction of magnet panels that lay out a field of deadly safety. The panels themselves would reject people that came in there, and if they tried to jump in, they would be shunted in random directions. It would hopefully be not even a contest, and he was ready to take care of any survivors.

1] Whiteweb1 [40 To armadills, trap, grapple and hold them into the glass panels they're in, far enough away from the field of effect so that they won't be included in the magnetic field of influence. Also to hold them down so they can't attack]
2] Fire Cannonball so that it comes down right after the 4th action, setting off a chain reaction of broken glass panels.
3] Hoist Exorcist
4] Ferroelectric Field: Turn Large Area into Magnetic panels.
The large amount of enemies that had appeared in front of them, rather imposing looking ones too, also upset Exorcist. She hadn't considered the risks of battling on a pressurized glass floor either, but luckily, Traceur had picked up on it. "Good thinking. I've never come upon terrain like this before..." she muttered, looking at the ground cautiously.

"Speaking of terrain you've never come upon before, pay attention. Tracy's changing the terrain himself now, you'd be wise to go ahead and grab his hand," Burt coughed, pointing down to emphasize the urgency to his navi.

Exorcist looked down at her feet, aware of a static beginning to run up her legs as the panels transformed. Looking to her left, she did indeed see that Traceur had reached out his hand for her to grab on to. Unfortunately, she had a hard time imaging him somehow lifting her into the air using only that one hand and she wasn't really skilled enough to balance herself in such a way that she could balance herself that way, nor fly, though that seemed obvious. The only thing she could think to do was hope he was prepared for her added weight and cling to him tight enough to lift her legs off the ground. Her face turned red as she wrapped both arms around his own extended arm, then wound both legs around his torso, clamping as tightly as she could and then adjusting her arms for a more comfortable hold. "It'd be better if I were a little smaller, or he a little larger," she thought to herself, trying not to look into his face to conceal her embarrassment.

Burt howled with rage, alarming the entire class. "Trevor, tell your navi to drop my navi this instant!" he roared, grabbing Travis by the collar of his shirt with one surprisingly firm yet scrawny hand.

"Wait, this is my fault!" Exorcist blubbered, trying to loosen one enough to summon a weapon. "Please, just slot me in some chips!" Burt did so grudgingly, still with no small amount of jealousy evident in his tensed brow. The navi summoned her usual boomerang paper, then tried with some effort to fold it as she usually did, finding it somewhat difficult with only one hand. Aiming for the planes, she threw the boomerang off, then prepped the next chip. Luckily, her next one was hands-off, so she simply focused and called down a burst of lightning to try to finish off the planes. Although it was hard to aim, she readied the newly acquired cornshot to finish off whatever remnants might have survived Traceur and her other attacks.

"We've got to have a good long talk about allocating room for personal space between our navis in the future, Trevor," Burt laughed, adjusting his glasses with a menacingly curved grin. Exorcist did not, ultimately, succeed in holding on to her hat, as it had tumbled off somewhere in the early moments of her attempts to cling on to Traceur.

1) Boomerang to FighterPlaneA and B [65]
2) DollThunder to FighterPlaneA and B [80]
3) Cornshot to any survivors [55]

((Assuming I don't need to use another action to grab on since Harbin already used one, if I do then cancel out Cornshot, I guess))
The battle started off with a bang and splooge of sticky white material. Two of the Armadills were disgusted and also caught in the stuff while the third shuffled away from the blast sideways. The Zemons each took a step closer but none made any sudden movements.

Traceur's cannonball arced up high while he picked up Exorcist and created an island of magnetic panels among the sea of glass. The free Armadill rolled into a ball and began to spin but it was hard to get any traction on the glass. The only progress it made was a horrible screeching sound. Traceur's cannonball crashed down on top of one of the trapped Armadills, deleting it instantly but also shattering through the glass and dropping the other two Armadills into a large pit of pointy shards. Fortunately, being rolled up saved one of them from taking any damage. A few shards splashed out from the epicenter of the explosion and onto the nearby Zemons, all of whom were standing along the edge of the lewly created pit (20 all).

The Fighterplanes decided to simultaneously charge in. An incoming boomerang ground into the propellor of one of the fighters, damaging and diverting it, but the other maintained its course and crashed into the pair (20 both). As they flew away with their backs turned, Exorcist's Dollthunder caught them both unaware and finished one off and severely damaged the other. As the survivor turned to make another pass, a Cornshot struck it in the wing and bounced off onto a Zemon's head. The aircraft was smoking from every port and looked as though it would crash on its own but still hovered about weakly.

There was one Zemon to the left, one to the right and one across the large pit.

ArmadillA: 20 HP (in a hole)
ArmadillB: DELETED
ArmadillC: 100 HP (in a hole)
ZemonA: 80 HP
ZemonB: 80 HP
ZemonC: 25 HP
FighterPlaneA: DELETED
FighterPlaneB: 5 HP

Terrain: 40% Magnetic
25% Broken
35% Glass

Exorcist.exe: 50 HP
Traceur.CMD: 80 HP
Blushing furiously, Traceur was about to make a bad pun about Burt getting closer to his operator as well, but stopped as he saw that situation might turn a little more serious than this. As he was staring around the battlefield, he saw his plan didn't work out. "Dangit, should've done something that would have been more effective. Sorry, Exorcist." While apologizing, he looked down slightly, missing the planes as they crashed into him and Exorcist.

"Argh!" Traceur almost stumbled, but held his place, not wanting Exorcist to fall off him. The magnet panels were still in effect, so that'd end up as a bad thing. Looking around, he saw those three Zemons, ominous and at the ready. "Alright, Exorcist, we'll have to do this one together, before those Zemons realize what we're about to do. "Let me guide you, and we can... Uhm, you should probably like, get on my shoulders or something, I think I can carry you. You're not that heavy. It'd be awful hard to eliminate the- er... manifestations of evil without your help, after all."

"Leggo of me!" Travis exclaimed, lashing out with a fist in the general direction of Burt's face while his other hand grasped for something to throw, accidentally rubbing out the 'radic' from 'eradicate' as well as scraping off most of the 'e' with his pinky finger before coming down to a chalkboard eraser, which he tossed at his teacher as well. Calming down slightly,"Manifestations of evil?" he groused, looking at Burt with an expression of frustration. "So you're unhappy about my navi, Sir? Maybe if you got my name right for once, I'd be able to do something about it for you."

"Uhm.. The first part of the plan will immobilize those two Zemons. I've only got one Zapring, so you'll have to shoot one as well. You have one, right?" Traceur tried to ignore the commotion going on as he pulled out his gun, fully reloading it for this one while trying to help Exorcist get into position.

"Zapring1!" He shouted out to his netop. Travis managed to slot in the chip without too much trouble, even with one hand and barely even paying attention. Thankfully, it was the right chip. Traceur leveled his weapon and clicked down the cocking mechanism, firing it once.

1] Zapring1 [Not that wounded Zemon to the left, which I'm assuming is ZemonA] [45+Stun1]

--TURN SPLIT--
The eraser bounced off of Burt's head much like the notebook had earlier, although this time with lasting effect as the dust covered his face, making him look even pastier and pale than usual. "Nobody erases the rules of Counterinfectionalism without my say so!" Burt growled, removing his glasses briefly to reveal his sleepless blue eyes and squinting as he cleaned the lenses.

"I did that just last week, ya dumbass!" the one called Roxie shouted from one of the middle rows.

"Nobody does it where I can see them, I mean! You're asking for extra trouble now. Don't expect me to be easy with your work-load this week!" he threatened, wagging one finger and replacing his glasses. Strangely, however, his mouth curled back into his usual grin as soon as the spectacles were put back onto the bridge of his nose. "We'll whip the evil out of you, no sweat! Just you wait, Trev-.... no.... Beavis," he said with a warm smile, as if he'd suddenly remembered something that would help him touch the heart of his student. Ultimately, it was probably the exact opposite effect he'd achieved.

Meanwhile, Exorcist was feeling hurt by her operator's complete ignorance of her injured condition. Luckily, Traceur seemed ready with a good plan, although the idea of mounting the navi's back and riding seemed ridiculously childish. Still, she had to think that it would be better than clinging to him from the side like she had found herself doing earlier. "Th-Thank you, Traceur," she smiled with a quiet voice, shifting her weight around to his back and wrapping her arms comfortably at his shoulders, then positioning her legs around his waist. Her face became heated again as she felt her breasts press against his back, but she reminded herself that he was wearing upper-body armor and probably didn't feel it anyways. "Um, Burt, if you don't mind, could you slot me in a zapring?" she asked somewhat sheepishly. Unfortunately, this was hardly the time to be quiet, as Burt was now absorbed in writing the full rules of Counterinfectionalism upon the board in neat, cursive penmanship. "Burt!" she called out more loudly, finally managing to get his attention.

"Yes Exorciiiiiiiiii-!" he started, then gasped as he saw his navi clinging to the other navi's back for the sake of protection. "I... I want to give Exxy a piggy back ride too..." he thought to himself, drawing up the collar of his turtleneck and literally grinding it between his teeth. "Wh-What were you asking for again?"

"A zapring, we need it to coordinate our strategy!" she reiterated, looking a bit cross at his slow pace.

"Oh, oh right!" he laughed, slotting the chip through hastily. "A-And if you need anything else, you know you can always ask me, right?" he asked, wiping his forehead with one sleeve to remove some remaining chalk dust.

Exorcist nodded, then peaked her head around Traceur's, trying to get a good look at the Zemon to the right. She freed up one of her arms, then readied a glowing yellow ring between two of her fingers. She had to instinctively stop herself from reaching up to straighten her hat (which was no longer upon her head) with her other arm, both because it would be useless and also because she could not release both arms. Finally, she got a clear shot and threw the ring, trying to paralyze one of the remaining enemies. "O-Okay, what do I do next?" she asked Traceur, returning to the most comfortable position she could manage.

1) Zapring1 to ZomonB, assuming it's the one to the right [40+stun]

--TUUUURN SPLICE---
"Uhm, Now we need to take out each of the Zemons. There's too many for me to take out at once, and try hit that Fighterplane from behind the Zemon, and thus take them both out at once, that'd be perfect. I'll try going for that one over there, and finish up with a ringlog into the pit, which should finish off the Armadills down there. I hope." Traceur made a guiding motion with each action as he gestured what he wanted them to do, ending with his gun pointing at the pit.

Travis started off the festivities by brushing himself off, picking up his PET from where he had let it fall to the ground. "I'm my name isn't Beavis, Sir." He said calmly and with an extremely measured tone. He didn't mince words, looking back at his PET. "What do you want, Traceur?" Travis was pissed. First the dude got his name wrong, then he completely changed his name. What the hell was up with this guy? He had a good mind to call in his favor with Joanne just to have her kick him in the face or something. He doubted she'd protest if she got to see him for even half a minute. But then again, she was his younger sister, and this was a person that even he didn't want her to meet.

"Shotgun, Ringlog, and a Cannon." Traceur nodded at Exorcist, the red in his cheeks barely starting to fade as he raised his weapon at the zemons, firing once with the audible racket of the revolver. He shifted his aim slightly, and the weapon spat out another bullet. One left, but he wouldn't need it. He'd have to generate a log of some size, for some strange reason. His countenance darkened at the thought. Completely inefficient, and he'd have to redesign it later. Just a rolling log?

"Alright Exorcist, ready?" the navi asked, as he raised his hand. He threw his hand forward, and the log appeared, rolling quickly into the shard filled pit as it picked up momentum. He heard a sickening crack from below and winced. If that was the armadills, that was quite the death. Painful.

"There's my part, now it's your turn!" He said, giving her the thumbs up as he grinned. "Oh wait, you're hurt! Sorry for not noticing earlier, I'll heal you up as soon as we're out of this." Traceur gave her a comforting grin, sheathing his autorevolver back into its armpit holster in order to help stabilize her and aid her aim.

2] Cannon, [40 to ZemonA]
3] Shotgun, [50 to ZemonB, splash to Fighterplane]
4] Ringlog, Thrown into the Pit [Armadill A and C, 50 Wood]
"Not Beavis either? Then what the hell is it?" Burt asked, adjusting his glasses and looking Travis hard in the face. "Chavis? Mavis? Travis? Trevor, that's it! Wait, no, that was the bad one," he sighed, placing one hand to his chin. "Well, just be Trevor for now and I'll give you a nametag or something later, okay?" he laughed, turning his attention back to the PET. "Exorcist, what's the situation? You need more chips?"

Exorcist nodded, then thought over which she'd like. Traceur had recommended that she follow his lead on it, so she decided that she'd go with a shotgun and ringlog as well; she didn't think she had the skill to pack a cannon in amidst all of that. "Alright, focus," she told herself in a whisper, looking past Traceur's head once he'd finished the attack to quickly aim the shotgun. She was at first tempted to prop it on his shoulder to aim, but then realized that could end up making the recoil highly uncomfortable for him; instead, she'd just have to eyeball the shot and hope she could line it up right. Unfortunately, she had almost no way to really aim the logs, but she did have the good fortune that their targets were trapped in holes and thereby not very likely to dodge.

"You know, I'll bet nobody's ever done this before! We should go ahead and copyright this maneuver before someone else does. We'll call it Counterinfectionalist Team Strike #1: Riding Mirror!" Burt announced, crossing his arms across his chest proudly.

"I really don't want to make this a regular thing Burt," Exorcist laughed, hugging her arms back around Traceur's shoulders.

2) Shotgun to Zemon C and splash to FighterPlane [50]
3) Ringlog1 to Armadillo A and C [55]
((I'm sorry for the quality...I'm really tired, you see))

The joint attack between Exorcist and Traceur was very effective, as most of the viruses was deleted right on the spot. The Zemons were taken care of, as well as the FighterPlane, and one of the Ringlog was about to roll over both of the Armadils just when they popped out. The viruses were too scared to retaliate

ArmadillA: DELETED
ArmadillC: 50 HP (in a hole)
ZemonA: DELETED
ZemonB: DELETED
ZemonC: 25 HP
FighterPlaneB: DELETED

25% Broken
35% Glass

Exorcist.exe: 50 HP
Exorcist nearly reached both hands up to grab her hair in anger, then realized that she really needed the hands right where they were and thought the better of it. "Those darn viruses! The evil in them must be powerful to hold out this long, but no worries, I've still got a few chips in my arsenal," she told Traceur, still a little awkwardly due to the necessity of speaking to the back of his head. "Cannon, then, Burt. There's really no way to use a rageclaw in this situation."

"True, of course," Burt smiled broadly, swiping through the chip without much thought. It hadn't been that hard to find, since there were only two still in their sleeves.

"I don't know how you stand on chips, but this is about all I have left. I'll just take care of that last samurai," she told Traceur, gripping onto his armor with one hand while steadying the cannon with the other. Again, she avoided the temptation to rest it on his shoulder with the knowledge that the sound of a cannon firing next to one's eardrums would probably be intolerably painful. She angled the cannon as best as she could manage and fired it towards one of the two remaining enemies. She took the rest of the time to make sure she wasn't hampering Traceur's arm movement, as she suspected he had some trick left to take out the final enemy. She figured, just in case, it couldn't hurt to prepare a charm for any survivors. As she started into the task, she thought that there couldn't be a better way to test one's ability of calligraphy than writing one-handed using one hand's fingers and one's mouth to hold the paper in place.

1) Cannon to Zomon [40]
2) Ritual Talisman to any survivor [40]
3) Nothing
Traceur didn't really notice the consideration, but had a little plan of his own. What would happen if he simply used his Ferroelectric Field again, reasserting the previous terrain over the broken one? Wouldn't the Armadill simply be crushed within the boundaries of it? He needed to try to find out, but it was assumed that if it didn't survive, he'd have a cannon waiting to finish it off. He leveled his pistol, and remembered something.

"Oh right, Exorcist. You're pretty badly wounded. Here, let me fix you up. Travis, I need the sensor1." Traceur spoke, completely unaware of the biases that might cloud Travis's judgment toward Burt's navi.

Fortunately, Travis didn't hate Exorcist too much. He simply hated Burt more. And he had figured out how exactly to get to him, or so he thought at least. "Well, I guess we had better heal up Exorcist then, right?" He said in an almost simperingly sweet voice, slotting the chip in.

"Uh, yeah." The confused navi looked up at his operator's window, and saw a wink from him. He shrugged, and took the chip, grasping it and causing it to erupt into an orb of pinkish light. He held the orb up to Exorcist. "Here, take it. It'll fix up most of your data, if not all of it. Oh right, just a second." Slowly moving forward as not to destabilize Exorcist, Traceur moved a bit closer to the edge of the pit. He lifted up one foot without too much of a struggle, then brought it down with a light thud. The ensuing crackle of regenerating terrain slightly drowned out other noises before suddenly silencing as the magnet panels revealed themselves. He took his other hand cautiously and drew his auto-revolver, trying to keep himself as a stable platform so that Exorcist wouldn't fall off. The weapon was readied just in case there was anything left after that.

"Good work, Exorcist, I think we did it!" He exclaimed, grinning at his ally. He'd give her a high-five if he wasn't busy holding her up.

1] Conversion:Sensor1:50 Heal to Exorcist
2] Galvanic Charge: Use Movement to move closer to edge of the broken panel abyss where the armadill is, save Electric 40 damage shot.
3] Ferroelectric Field: Change large area terrain to magnet panels, will cause Armadill to take 50 damage (unguardable) from terrain shunt.
4] Cheer on Exorcist
BOOM, CRACK, PAN! All these sound effects were coming out of nowhere while Exorcist and Traceur deleted the remaining viruses.

((*cough* A little dash of seriousness~))

The data loot was gently floating on the ground, just waiting for the pair to get them. However, as the two navis came closer to it, they could immediately sense an ominous presence, "...Ha...". They turned to look, but there wasn't anything that caught their immediate attention...Strange...

ArmadillA: DELETED
ArmadillC: DELETED
ZemonA: DELETED
ZemonB: DELETED
ZemonC: DELETED
FighterPlaneB: DELETED

25% Broken
35% Glass

Exorcist.exe: 100 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
Exorcist: Katana1, 150z
Traceur: IronShell1, 200z
FXP: 5
Traceur looked around, then looked slightly upward, tilting his head. "Uh, you can get off now, Exorcist. Sorry my first plan didn't work out too well, my fault." He grinned as he flushed slightly, looking to the side.

"How you feeling? Did that heal help?" Traceur asked, uncertain if his ability could work on his allies as well as himself.

[Battle 5]
Exorcist blushed as well, tilting her head down slightly and smiling. "Well it was a pretty good plan, we got them all eventually, after all. I couldn't have taken that many on myself, I know that much," she sighed with a sad smile. "I've still got a long way to go. But um..." she paused, climbing down from his back slowly, "I didn't realize you had the power to restore people's ch'i like that. How'd you manage to-" she began to ask, when their conversation was interrupted by a loud squeal from Burt.

"Ooooh! Look class! Look, I've got a chip that you don't have! This one's rare, right? Any of you have a katana?" the teacher bragged, waving the chip back and forth triumphantly. The whole class groaned and shook their heads no. "Ha ha ha! That makes me the best! What chip did you get, huh? Oh, looks like you just got some dinky little armadillo chip cause you were too busy trying to make your navi mack it up with my navi! Maybe next time you should focus harder on the battle, nya ha ha ha!" he laughed obnoxiously, snorting halfway through the laugh.

"Way to kill the mood Burt," Exorcist inwardly sobbed, slumping her shoulders sadly and walking on. "I guess we should keep moving, Traceur. If you need to, we can stop and do some ch'i focusing exercises. I know some great methods for recirculation," she smiled, trying to remain chipper as Burt's laughter rang in her ears.

((Ready for Battle 5))
As Exorcist and Traceur chatted for a bit, interrupted by Burt's annoying bragging, the two decided to walk on.

It seemed like Burt's lecture had really gotten to some of the students, who thought that they should teach this old coop a lesson. They did kind of feel sorry for the navis and that other guy, but they had to do it.

Three Heelnavis were what the two encountered ahead. One hoisting a shotgun, another a sword, and the last two Vulcans.

"Ah, look, it's some little couple, ain't that cute?" one scoffed, twirling his sword.

"It's so sweet, I wanna puke, he he he," the vulcan wielding one cackled.

"Let's beat 'em up then," the Shotgun user grumbled, spitting behind him.

Oh joy.

HeelNaviA: 200 HP [Shotgun]
HeelNaviB: 200 HP [Sword]
HeelNaviC: 200 HP [Vulcan1x2]

Terrain: 100% Normal

-BATTLE 5-
-LET'S RUMBLE-
"Hey, there's three of you, and you're in a line. This is a perfect opportunity to teach the class about tactical maneuvering." Traceur winked at Exorcist, looking at the three heelnavis. "See, being in a line of three isn't a good decision, or a closeknit group. As we uh, found out from our previous two battles, right?" The navi chuckled nervously, that last battle still stung a little too much to be making fun of it. He slowly let his right hand down to his waist, slowly clicking open a spot on his utility belt. "Zapring1 and whiteweb. Fast, please. I can't keep them busy for long." His voice over the private channel was harsh and terse as he whispered. It was as if he was afraid that they could hear him anyway.

Travis nodded silently, showing the zapring1 chip to Burt and indicating that he should do the same. He slotted it in, following it up with the ordered whiteweb with two clicks.

"Such as things like this," His left hand darted for the armpit holster, drawing his pistol in a twisting motion from its former perch. He cocked it on the way there, firing it in one easy motion. He hadn't reloaded it again, but there had quite fortunately been one bullet remaining in the four-shot weapon. His right hand withdrew from its grabbing of three grenades from the utility belt, while his left hand sheathed the pistol. Traceur pulled the pins, throwing them underhand at his foes.

"...Wait, you have chips. That means you've got operators. Why are you going around beating navis up?" Traceur gritted his teeth. If they were really commanded by their operators to attack, and they listened... They were just as bad as their ops. "Alright, you're going down, maybe a little E-J-O will teach you a lesson you won't forget. Travis! Give me the cannonball and that ringlog. Let's see if I can't modify it and make it a little better."

"Yeah, let's." Travis had no patience for griefing assholes who took out their cares on other sentient beings. They were inflicting pain on navis for no reason. Even if the navi lived through it--- He reflected no more on the issue, taking out his chips and slotting them in. These punks deserved to take a little of what they had dished out.

"Alright, let's go, Exorcist!" Traceur gave a grim nod at his ally, whipping out his gun and reloading it fully. He let the empty casings fall to the floor with grim chimes as they contacted with the hard ground. Flipping the cylinder back in, he pulled the cocking mechanism back once more.

Once, it called out. Traceur still couldn't think of a proper manner to materialize the ringlogs as despite the thought he had put into it, so he simply materialized a log and converted a decent amount of energy into his foot to kick it and send it flying at the villains who were hopefully restrained by the bonds of the webbing grenades.

"And that's what comes of doing evil, right, Exorcist?" He gave an impish grin to his ally, but he was quite serious in his actions. Navis such as these defiled navis in general, and he most certainly wouldn't let them either mug him or simply delete him just because he was with Exorcist.

1] Zapring [45+Stun1 to HeelnaviB]
2] Whiteweb1 [40+Grapple+Hold+Trap to all Heelnavis]
3] Cannonball [150+break to HeelnaviA]
4] Ringlog1 [50+Wideattack to all Heelnavis]
"That's exactly what comes of doing evil, Traceur! I see you already know a little bit about Counterinfectionalism's workings yourself," Exorcist responded to Traceur, her lips curving into a small smile as she looked from him to the enemies. "Counterinfectionalism teaches us that other navis, even with operators, may be tainted by evil entities. When this case occurs, the only proper solution is experimental method in the case of passive encounter or immediate problem resolution in aggressive ones."

Burt laughed, adjusting his glasses. "To put that in terms you can understand, Francis, immediate problem resolution translates to 'beat the evil out of them in combat.' Now, Exxy, which chips should I provide you so that you can take care of the evil in these poor, infected creatures?" he asked, tilting his head with a wide-spread grin intended to look mockingly endearing. His hands began rifling through the folder before he heard her answer, as Traceur had already indicated that the zapring would be a wise start.

Exorcist felt like it would be bad to just jump into wailing on the navis without justifying herself, so she proceeded to do so. She requested a zapring, a ringlog, and a cornshot to fight her enemies with, then quickly prepared an elaborate, on the fly speech. "Your actions are unjust and are deemed appropriate cause for suspicion of possession by malevolent spirits! Therefore, it is my duty to rid you each of your spirits through prompt and unrestricted force," she told the enemy navis, holding one hand out dramatically with her palm facing them. Quickly, she closed her index and middle fingers and summoned a zapring between them. "Hah! This should stop your evil in its tracks and make you more yielding to our treatment," she shouted, slinging it out like a throwing knife towards the vulcan-wielding navi.

"Alright, that ought to stop him from getting any thoughts of shooting us with that little gun of his. Counterinfectionalism can be a little cruel at times, but better an injured good man than a healthy evil one!" Burt snorted, resting one elbow onto his podium and sticking his right hand into the pocket of his slim, black jeans. "Finish the lesson if you would."

The navi nodded, gulping in discomfort. She felt a lot more comfortable fighting "manifestations of evil" then what were supposedly good people infected with evil spirits. It seemed like an awfully brutal way of dealing with the situation, considering the supposed goal of making the targets complacent. "Allow this rolling peach wood to remind you of the wrongs you have committed! Feel its purity as it brushes against your tainted flesh," she told the navis, making a downward-swiping motion with her palm. Two logs dropped down from where she'd swiped, then rolled towards the navis she'd targeted with their usual surprising momentum. Finally, she summoned the corn bomber onto her arm, her lower lip curling slightly as she looked into its humorous face. "Uh... Burt?"

"Yes?" the teacher answered back, cleaning his long fingernails distractedly.

"I can't really come up with anything cool to say when I use this thing. It's kind of er... kind of..." she continued over her private channel, staring into the puppet-like face of the bright yellow corn.

Burt exhaled strongly, then rested his head on one hand, biting one of his nails with his front teeth. "C'mon, Exorcist, it's for Counterinfectionalism. Counterinfectionalism makes anything cool, right?" he asked wincing a little as he dug slightly under the thin layer of flesh by accident, almost drawing blood from his own fingers.

"Sure, I guess so. Um... This.... Newly harvested corn contains the rustic majesty of... a new and... I can't do it," she sighed, slumping her shoulders and pointing the weapon outward. Not putting nearly as much dramatic flare into it, she fired the weapon out towards the heel navis to try to finish them off.

1) Zapring to Heel Navi C [40 + stun]
2) Ringlog1 to Heel Navi A and B [55] and Heel Navi B and C [55]
3) Cornshot to Heel Navi C and bounce to other nearby enemies [55]
"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I've been listening to this boring lecture for the past half an hour and I can't TAKE IT ANYMORE!" the Sword wielding Heelnavi screeched, charging at Traceur, brandishing his blade...

...before getting stunned in place by the electric medic. The one with the Shotgun rushed in to help, but was ensnared by Traceur's Whiteweb trap along with the Sword navi. The two were duly Cannonball'd and Ringlog'd into near non-existence, the first one surviving and firing a shot at Traceur before taken out by Exorcist's Ringlog.

The Vulcan Heelnavi had avoided the Zapring, but as he tried aiming at the two navis, he was knocked on the ground face-first by a Ringlog. Exorcist finished him off with a double-rebounding Cornshot.

Looks like class is over.

HeelNaviA: EJO'D
HeelNaviB: EJO'D
HeelNaviC: EJO'D

Terrain: 100% Normal

Traceur.CMD: 30 HP

-VICTORY-
Both Get: 1500z
FXP: 2 Static
1 Specific
Burt gave another obnoxious laugh, apparently not having gotten the lesson from the upset attitude of the navis that had been defeated. "Nya ha ha ha! You're so powerful, Exxy! I think I'm in love! I don't know what those guys were talking about though, I know all of my classes navis. There's no way that any of them could have heel navis and I wouldn't know about it, unless maybe they're using two PETs or something. Claaaass?" he asked eerily, his glasses shining over his cold blue eyes as his head turned creakily towards his students, a droopy smile spreading slowly across his face.

In the mean time, Exorcist found herself far more concerned with Traceur's health than with the battle. She saw a shotgun connect with him and, although she didn't know his specific strength in comparison to her own, she estimated that weapon would be pretty injurious to any navi that it connected with. "Are you okay, Traceur? R-Really, let's stop a moment and we can bandage you up. I-I'll grind some herbs to restore your ch'i and you just focus on healing your body!" she urged him, resting one hand on his arm.

"Ha ha ha, cheer up, Exorcist! We won, didn't we?" Burt smiled, trying his best to look compassionate.

"That doesn't change the fact that he's hurt at all, Burt," the navi sighed, turning back to Traceur.
"N-no worries, I'll just heal myself up in a little bit. My data's stabilized, and it's not looking too critical just yet. Uhm, Travis, maybe you should use the Minienergy on me just to give me a pick-me-up." Traceur grinned, he was in some pain, but it was mostly dull throbbing at the moment. The shotgun's load had been mostly deflected by his armored vest, but it was light armor and a bit had gotten through. He'd need to repair it, and the minienergy data would work quite nicely.

"Alright, Traceur, just a second. Let me find it..." Travis eventually took out a minienergypack, slotting it in for his navi.

[Use Minienergypack, +50 HP]

[Battle 6]
Traceur patches himself up and some students in the class murmur about their failed plan. Two other students seem to have an idea, and put up their textbooks while talking about something or the other.

Continuing on, the two navis come across a very odd area, the stench of evil seems to surround them in the flow of a poisonous river, what's more is that there seems to be a checkerboard-like pattern of grass and glass tiles within the river.

Viruses pop up, mainly on grass panels. Three Dominerds clamp their jaws hungrily, while the same number of Pulsebulbs float around the field. A seemingly amplified Trumpy hops around in the background, watching. Amplified Fishys lead the way.

Alright, let's go.

FishyEXA: 120 HP (Grass)
FishyEXB: 120 HP (Grass)
PulsebulbA: 120 HP [IronBody] (Glass)
PulsebulbB: 120 HP [IronBody] (Grass)
PulsebulbC: 120 HP [IronBody] (Glass)
DominerdA: 100 HP [StoneBody] (Glass)
DominerdB: 100 HP [StoneBody] (Glass)
TrumpyEX: 120 HP (Grass)

Terrain: 20% Cursed (Outer bounds), 40% Grass, 40% Glass (Checkerboard pattern)

-BATTLE 6-
-GO-