An Introduction to Counterinfectionalism

"Phew, that one was tough. Let's proceed on in a little further, Traceur," she beckoned him forward, dispelling her katana with a sigh. "Exorcism is tiring work, huh? I'm looking forward to a nice little break after we're done with our trip," she laughed sadly, hanging her head with her brow tensed, showing her weariness.

"About that, er... Did I forget to mention that tournament I signed you up for? Yeah, ha ha! It uh, starts pretty soon, so uh... Well, we're doing a good job learning how to fight before it comes riiiight?" Burt asked, grinning in an aloof way.

Exorcist sobbed, holding both hands over her face in agony as she hurried more quickly into the net, her black silk hat bobbing up and down upon her head lightly as she moved.

((Ready for Battle 8))
"Well, I'm in the tournament too, so--..." Traceur winced, as that might mean that he might be fighting Exorcist. "Uhm, well, we'll see one another there, I guess?" He asked, giving a faint smile that looked rather nervous.

"Good luck to you and uh, I hope you don't beat me, I guess." He joked, but the more he thought about it, it seemed the wrong thing to say. The navi sighed, not really knowing what else to do.

"Well uh, onward to our next conquest, Traceur. No time for small-talk." Travis came in with a response, mouthing 'You owe me' at his navi.

[Battle 8]
((Please don't look up the virus list for this battle))

Something odd came up. It looked as if someone was a jerk and decided to drape cloths with question marks on a group of viruses. Fortunately, their HP readings were still visible. They were separated into three groups, loosely surrounding the weakest one. They were all oddly shaped and some basic observations easily set them apart from one another.

((front))
???A: 110 HP (lumpy and floating)
???B: 110 HP (lumpy and floating)
???C: 120 HP (short and cylindrical)

((middle))
???D: 100 HP (like a fat, stubby rocket)
???E: 100 HP (like a fat, stubby rocket)
???F: 100 HP (like a fat, stubby rocket)
???G: 45 HP (pointy, prismed tip)

((back))
???H: 100 HP (spiky top)
???I: 100 HP (spiky top)
???J: 100 HP (thin and rectangular)

Exorcist.exe: 60 HP
Traceur.CMD: 60 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

[Battle 8??? - Begin!???]
"Ha ha ha, I hope we don't have to fight either. That would be most unfortunate," Exorcist giggled, then stopped as she opened her eyes to come face to face with many sheet-covered apparitions, which she could only assume were viruses. "These forms... they are most definitely... ghosts! We must rid this area of the kui infecting it immediately," she informed Traceur, readying herself enthusiastically. She quickly realized that she didn't really enjoy encountering spirits that so obviously announced themselves as spirits.

"Alrighty, I've heard there are some viruses that have an appearance like ghosts, but they tend to teleport around and I think they're supposed to have skull faces... These guys really don't seem anything like that. What the hell are they?" Burt groaned, adjusting his glasses to get a better look at them. "Hey, uh, Trev... er... Trav... Traver?" the net-op asked, not able to quite find the name he was looking for. "Uh, you ever seen anything like these?"

Exorcist shook her head, discouraging the excess chatter. "We really don't have time for this many questions, Burt. I need a chip to fight these enemies. If you send me the katana, I can try to quickly dispatch the front group so that we will no longer be surrounded. I guess I'll have to leave Traceur to his own devices, but I'm confident he knows what he's doing," she muttered, turning her attention to the enemies.

"Hey, don't rush, alright? It's important you take this carefully, cause we really have no idea what these things are capable of and... wait... that one there seems familiar," Burt muttered, scratching his head irritably. "It's one of those domino things from earlier, I can tell! Well uh... we can't really handle him anyways so I'm not going to worry about it," he coughed, bringing out the katana and slotting it through.

The katana appeared in Exorcist's hands with the familiar sound as if it were being drawn from a sheath, despite the fact that she had just materialized it. "It's little touches like that that make it feel authentic," she chuckled, swinging it once in the air, then leveling it with the the enemy's frontal forces. Charging forward, she put one leg down then slashed for the short opponent once, then a second time in a broad arc. Lifting up her center of gravity, she swung once more for another enemy, then brought the weapon down in a powerful chop. Remembering Burt's warning, her final step was to focus on her own defense, waiting for retaliation from the enemies. She was cautious of the enemies remaining, since she didn't expect Traceur to be able to completely wipe them out.

1) Katana1 to ???C [60] and front group [60]
2) Katana1 to front group [60] and ???A [60]
*) Swordplay
3) Dodge
"Wait, Traceur, that thing rectangle thing. Doesn't that remind you--" Travis squinted at it. It did look kinda like those damned annoying Dominerds. He really didn't want to have his navi clawed again, so he looked for the proper chip.

"Yeah. Looks like a dominerd to me. This is ridiculously annoying. I don't like surprises." Traceur groaned, looking at his weapon. He'd forgotten to reload once again. "Like it's getting to be a surprise anymore." He muttered, looking slightly glum. He flipped it open, checking his bullets, and was surprised to find two bullets still remaining. "Alright, you know what I want, right?"

"Yeah, those things need a bit of extra punch to hit the deck, so here's the cannonball. You could probably glue some of them down, but uhm, I think you should line them up so you can sensor1 them all. Does that sound... okay?" Travis gave a slightly nervous grin. It was a bit of a spin on the usual strategy, and a bit riskier, so Traceur nodded, thinking he'd be needing to dodge a bit more vigorously and stay as aware as possible of his surroundings.

"Alright, slotting the chips inside now. Uhm, Professor, I think these viruses somehow lost their textures or something. Usually, these things would look more like normal viruses, but something screwed with them. I can pretty much give a positive I.D. on the thin rectangular thing as a dominerd. That's pretty much all I can do, though. I guess sheer damage'll have to do. I wasn't prepared for this particular pop quiz, Professor..." Travis gave a thumbs up to the rest of the class, grinning slightly.

"Alright, Travis, get those chips slotted in, we don't have enough time for blabbering." The navi spoke, rolling his eyes. He simply waited for the chips to be slotted in as he glared at the middle group of viruses. "Overgrown scripts getting too big for their boots is what I think of them."

"Yes, yes, I'm working on it. Don't hurry me, please." Travis grumbled, pulling out the chips after making sure they were the ones he wanted. Slotting them in one after another, he left his navi to his work.

"I believe the phrase goes 'Sweet'," Traceur commented as he pointed at the suspected dominerd with his auto-revolver, pulling the trigger once with quite a kick. He stumbled back a bit, then turned, firing the second shot at the spiky-topped virus, grumbling something about stupid inability to analyze their colors in order to check for weaknesses. If he was able to pick out details, this would be made much easier. However, it seemed that he'd have to use brute force instead. He sighed.

"Alright, coming to take out that middle group," He muttered, heading for the area between the front and the middle group, finding the optimal spot to take out as many of the disguised viruses as possible with a simple sensor1 attack. He generated the grid much faster this time, and it seemed the memory must be cached or some other equivalent, because it took nearly half the time to do so. The beam cannon's laser blinked again and again, locating viruses in the line before it as Traceur concentrated, placing it down in one direction that he felt would be the best to take out as many viruses as possible.

1] Cannonball: [???J: 100 HP (thin and rectangular) 150 Break]
2] Galvanic Charge: [???H: 100 HP (spiky top) 40Electric, Movement used to run to area between front and middle and find best spot to line up as many of the viruses as possible to eliminate in a single attack.]
3] Sensor1: 100+Stun1+Elec+Beam Attack to anything that is in way of line. Object.
4] Prepped dodge.
Exorcist's Katana cut through the thin sheets of the short virus, revealing tank treads and the stubby barrel of a cannon. The second slash was a bad idea. The wide stroke of her sword deleted the small tank, but also revealed two beehives that stared her in the face. Moreover, they had been disturbed. Before she could make another attack, two swarms of bees poured out into one giant group that began to chase her down. Rather than continue her assault, she adapted and retreated but wasn't fast enough to escape the entire swarm. Half of the bees made contact and delivered a painful payload of venomous stings but the other half failed to follow her movements and buzzed off on a tangent.

Traceur's Cannonball hit its mark and tore through the hard body of the virus. It dragged the sheet completely through the hole it punched, revealing the Dominerd before it was completely deleted. His second shot was just as accurate but oddly didn't seem to do damage. Traceur's Galvanic Charge did exactly as its name implied, charging the virus with electricity. The virus flashed bright yellow, the white sheet barely containing the sudden burst of light, right before it suddenly shot out a beam of electricity right back at Traceur. The thunderbolt pierced through the sheet and disintegrated it revealing the Scarecrow underneath. Traceur's cautious nature saved him from being electrified while Exoricist performed an equally successful dodge from the attack.

One of the viruses from the middle group set off the Traceur's sensor and was deleted by the resulting electric beam quickly and fortunately didn't touch either of the Scarecrows in the back. However, the deletion was so quick, the identity of the virus remained unverified.

((front))
HoneybomberA: 50 HP (lumpy and floating)
HoneybomberB: 50 HP (lumpy and floating)
Catack: DELETED

((middle))
???D: 100 HP (like a fat, stubby rocket)
???E: 100 HP (like a fat, stubby rocket)
???F: DELETED
???G: 45 HP (pointy, prismed tip)

((back))
ScarecrowA: 100 HP (spiky top)
ScarecrowB: 100 HP (spiky top)
Dominerd: DELETED

Exorcist.exe: 35 HP
Traceur.CMD: 60 HP
"B-Bees! Why would the virus be a beehive? Am I being punished for evil deeds? I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll do good and make up for it in the future!" Exorcist cried, swiping her katana around randomly as bees dug their stingers into her flesh. The strategy was expectedly ineffective so she dropped the katana and proceeded to swat with her hands.

Burt adjusted his glasses and snarled threateningly into his PET. "No damn bees are going to leave ugly blemishes on the face of my adorable navi!" Burt growled, slotting in chips with his lip curled in anger. "Go ahead, trash em, Exorcist! Use anything at your disposal!"

"Isn't trashing them what got the bees on me in the first place?" Exorcist whimpered, rubbing a swollen spot on her cheek tenderly. With a sigh, she summoned the cornbomber onto her arm, rubbing her hand over the smooth yellow kernels thoughtfully as she considered how to approach the situation. She wasn't sure if more bees were going to fly out, but she knew she'd have to smash the hives to dispel the viruses, as much as she didn't want to do it. She cautiously leveled the weapon with the hives and prepared to fire, her arm shaking with the memory of all of the buzzing and painful insects that had punished her for attacking it last time. "Then again, hit a bee-hive with a sword, what could you expect to happen?" she asked herself, steadying her arm. Finally, she fired the shot, then broke in to a sprint.

"The boomerang! Use the boomerang!" Burt reminded her, making his hands into a 90 degree angle to remind her of her remaining weapon.

Keeping up her pace as quickly as she could, the navi dispelled her weapon and then created a long strip of green paper in betwixt two fingers. She couldn't help but wish that she'd gotten this one pre-folded, even though she typically enjoyed building her dexterity by doing it herself. Folding the weapon quickly and a little more sloppily than usually, she looked at the scarecrows that Traceur had revealed, picking them as good targets for the weapon. Holding her hat to her head with one hand, she slung forth the boomerang with the other, trying to arc her weapon's trajectory and cut the hopefully immobile scarecrows.

1) Cornshot to HoneybomberA and bounce [55]
2) Dodge
3) Boomerang to Scarecrows [65]
"Honeybombers, Scarecrows. Alright, those I can deal with. Faceless enemies, them I'm not so good with. Exorcist, you look pretty bad off. I'm going to try take out those scarecrows in a single go, and you uhm, should do whatever you feel like, I guess. Try not to get hurt any more, willya?" Traceur gave a faint grin, not wanting to aggravate his companion's injuries with intense battle.

"Well, we've still got that ringlog you could use. From our previous battle with them, we know that they're weak to wood, but those rocket-things. What do you think we should use on them?" Travis said, sighing as he looked at the strange drape covered viruses.

"I say we find out what's behind doors C and D, and beat the crap out of both. So far this has been a trial and error thing, and I really really hate trial and error puzzles." Traceur grumbled, glaring at the viruses. He slowly glanced at his weapon, which was now emptied. "Alright, give me that damned ringlog. I'm tired of this crap."

"Anything else, Traceur?" Travis asked, looking amidst the field of viruses, sighing in a somewhat vapid manner. This was really annoying, and was a followup to those damned wisps. He really didn't want this to hurt the resale value on his PET, and these viruses looked rather glitchy.

"Uh, yeah, give me the ironshell. Finally, the whiteweb, just to get rid of these damn things. I'm really getting tired of this." Traceur sighed, looking more than slightly glum as he prepped his attack. For this one, he wouldn't even need to fire his weapon, which was more than slightly depressing, but with all the times that he'd forgotten, it wasn't really even an issue. He shrugged, sighing.

"Alright, just a sec." Quickly growing apt at slotting in chips, Travis picked the three out and slid them in with a click, but- "Wait, Traceur, who put you in for the tournament? Was it my sister?"

"Yes, it was. Why?" Traceur answered, concentrating and kicking a log at the lumpy objects, then directing another log in their direction. If it didn't hit them, it'd hopefully keep rolling at the scarecrows, but Traceur shrugged. He had faith in Exorcist's aim, at least, but it wouldn't hurt to take a precaution.

"Alright, let's see what hurts you best..." the navi muttered. If that hadn't hurt them... He removed those three grenades, hurling them in their direction, then he generated the ball and crouched behind it. It revved for a second, then raced off to try end this threat of the viruses.

1] Ringlog: ???D, ???E, ???G, [50+Wide attack+wood]
2] Ringlog: ???D, ???E, ???G, [50+Wide attack+wood]
3] Whiteweb: ???D, ???E, ???G, [40+Hold+Trap+Bind+Wood]
4] Ironshell: ???D, ???E, ???G, ???E [70+Break to D, E, G, then 70*2 to D] [Blocks frontal attacks]
Exorcist's targets, totally immobile, are unable to escape their fates and each was deleted with a precision attack with no chance of retaliation. The Honeybombers ate deadly, deadly corn while the two Scarecrows were easily bisected by the Boomerang.

Traceur opted to finish off his targets with rolling logs. The first log slammed into the two hooded rocket virii, sparing the pointy one. The second one finished off a rocket thing and the prism headed thing with an odd shattering noise; neither giving much resistance.

The odd sound of a laughtrack being played echoed all around the two navis unexpectedly.

However, as Traceur launched his Whiteweb, the rocket unexpectedly teleported right up to his face. A sharp blade speared out from the cloth and jabbed his shoulder. It attacked again, making a wide slash but its blade was stopped by the Ironshell. The torn sheet fell away to reveal a Zemon underneath. Its identity was no longer of any consequence as soon it was deleted by the same Ironshell that had stopped its advance.

The battle ended with nothing left but the ruined sheets of an unorthadox battle, but the silence was quickly broken by the sound of applause and cheering. Small bits of confetti rained down from above and a trap door opened from the floor to reveal a treasure trove of zenny as well as two chips.

((front))
HoneybomberA: DELETED
HoneybomberB: DELETED
Catack: DELETED

((middle))
ZemonA: DELETED
ZemonB: DELETED
ZemonC: DELETED
???G: DELETED

((back))
ScarecrowA: DELETED
ScarecrowB: DELETED
Dominerd: DELETED

Exorcist.exe: 35 HP
Traceur.CMD: 45 HP

[Battle 8 - Victory!]
Get: 2800z + RiskyHoney1 + RiskyHoney1 ((divide amongst yourselves))
3 FXP each
"Ah, phew. I thought I was never going to get rid of those bees," the exorcist sighed, rubbing her bruised face woefully. "I wonder when this will stop stinging? I should mix a remedy to stop it from hurting so much..."

Burt adjusted his glasses, turning the new chip that had been printed off over in his hands to examine both sides. "Er, the problem isn't any kind of lingering venom from the bee or even the sting, it's just that they did more damage to you than you might have realized. Your health is getting pretty critical, so if you're going to continue, we'd better use the mini-energy that came with your suppliers," he muttered, rummaging through his wallet for the spot that he'd planned to keep his subchips in. With a smile, he pulled it out and slotted it through. "There you go, Exxy. Good as new, am I right?"

"Yes. I'll try not to get hurt any more, Traceur," she sighed, hanging her head apologetically. "And especially, I'll try not to hit any more beehives..."

"Whaaa? You have a sister, eh?" Burt asked, leaning towards Travis and invading his space, poking him on the arm in a pestering way. "Is she cute? How old is she, eh? Does she come to this university too? Maybe she's older and she's some kind of single lawyer or something," he smiled, filling his head with fantasies. "Ahem, well, normally I wouldn't care, but you and I are buddies and that means you can put in a good word for me with her, riiight?"

"She could be in elementary school for all you know," Exorcist huffed, feeling her face for signs of the swelling's reduction. "You should try not to jump the gun on things like this, Burt."

((Using a MiniEnergy subchip))
((Ready for battle 9))
"She's got a broken nose, and is pretty muscular." Travis said, as Traceur winced and reloaded. Joanne wouldn't be happy to hear that, although Travis was most positively doing this because of the fact that- well, who would want to have Burt even near a little sister, even if she was obnoxious at times?

"Uh, well, I could use a heal too, Travis." Traceur said to distract him from the subject, grinning winningly.

"Alright, just a moment."

[Use Minienergypack(Heal 50)]

[Battle 9]
Traceur and Exorcist heal up and head out.

Forward, they find a formidable amount of viruses. Five Piranha's lead the way with three augmented Ironshields behind them. Further behind those were the bouncing Trumpy and the mysterious Brushman. The terrain doesn't look so hazardous, but this would be a tough group to deal with.

Let's get started.

-Forward-
PiranhaA: 60 HP
PiranhaB: 60 HP
PiranhaC: 60 HP
PiranhaD: 60 HP
PiranhaE: 60 HP

-More Forward- [2 Actions Away]
IronshieldEXA: 160 HP
IronshieldEXB: 160 HP
IronshieldEXC: 160 HP

-Really Forward- [3 Actions Away]
Brushman: 100 HP
Trumpy: 90 HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Teachers-
Exorcist.exe: 85 HP
Traceur.CMD: 95 HP

-READY?-
-BATTLE 9-
-LET'S ROCK-
Burt pulled out his collar, laughing awkwardly. "Ah ha ha! Well, I can always lower my standards," he laughed, seemingly jokingly but with an eerie pinch of lingering hope still hidden behind his smile.

"Hmm, more enemies and again in formation. They must be stepping up the scale of their attacks, realizing the threat that we pose to their dwindling numbers. That's a sign of positive progress, right, Traceur?" Exorcist asked her ally, clapping her hands together once excitedly and smiling. "Well, I know they're not at high altitude, but facing all of those fish is going to be difficult without a weapon that has a tremendous range of attack. I'd like the doll thunder to try to take out as many at once as I can manage, if you would, Burt."

"Well aren't you being a go-getter this time around, my lovely navi?" Burt laughed, slotting through the chip. Along with the dollthunder, he pulled out a rageclaw, and slotted it through. "On the other hand, Traceur's being kind of lazy, riiight? Let's toss him into the action so that he can be a little more active in this fight."

Exorcist lifted her hat momentarily, scratching her head as she considered the idea of her picking up her ally and tossing him behind enemy lines into dangerous and unpredictable evil spirits. "Um, okay, I guess. I'll be gentle," she laughed shyly, readying the doll thunder chip into her repertoire. The piranhas were at the front of the group and, although she'd never fought their type before, she wasn't eager to learn what they would do if given the opportunity. Focusing, she raised her hands to the sky and attempted to call down lightning to smite them. "Dieties of the stars! Lend me your power to purify this world of the evil that contaminates it! Destroy my foes with righteous lightning!"

"Overdone," Burt coughed quietly, taking another swig of his cola.

Not hearing Burt's comment, Exorcist readied the claw weapon, trying to think of how to tackle the plan's execution. "Pardon me, Traceur, I'll try to make this as comfortable as I can manage." The navi's hands glew with a yellow aura as she focused her chi, then hooked her arms beneath Traceur's from behind. "Alley-oop!" she cried, flinging him through the air and hopefully behind the lines of the enemy. Burt slapped his knee, laughing hysterically at his navi's antics. "Burt, that was your idea! You're not making fun of me, are you?" she asked, tensing her eyebrows angrily as an embarrassed shade of red crept across her face.

"No, no Exxy! That was just pretty priceless, the expression on his face," the operator laughed, removing his glasses and wiping his eyes, then replacing them unsteadily.

Pouting, Exorcist hoped decided to hope for the best. She quickly scanned the ranks of piranha for any survivors, determining to stop any opposition that remained at the front. At the same time, she kept her eyes open for any enemy attacks, especially from the imposing, mechanical figures that sat motionless upon the battlefield.

1) Dollthunder1 to Piranha group [60 x 2 for elec vs. aqua]
2) Rageclaw to Traceur to throw past enemy group [20?]
3) Rageclaw to surviving Piranha [40]
*) Swordplay for free dodge
"Alright, there's trumpies back there, so I should run ba- Throwing me sounds like a decent idea, but how are you going to do it? Boost me?" Traceur felt Exorcist grasp him, then was surprised by the surge of strength as he went catapulting into the air. "Whoaaaa-?!" He let out in in a gasp of air as he made impact with the ground around the area of the trumpy and brushman. "A bit unorthodox, but a good plan, Exorcist!" He yelled out to his ally, giving her a thumbs up as he turned to the viruses.

"Ow, my back." He muttered, wincing a little while rotating his shoulder blades. Traceur's fall hadn't been the nicest one, and he still felt the effects of him tearing the wisp out in a rather- forceful manner. "Alright, I'm going to need some high-class chips to take these two viruses out and still aid Exorcist. They aren't that mobile, so I should be able to web them in place and follow up with a sensor chip. That would probably work to execute both of them."

"Alright, let's get this show on the road then, Traceur." Travis grinned, eager to show Burt up for his comment toward Traceur's landing and whatever his surprised expression, he was sure it was pretty damn justified what with Exorcist literally hurling his navi through the air. "Anything else in particular you'll be needing?"

"Well, Ironshield's designation presumes that it's at least somewhat impermeable to attack, so I'll be using a quick Ironshell on them, I think. It looks like it's got a shield, too, so that makes this much, much easier. It can only point one way at once, I hope." The navi gave a quick thumbs up to his operator as he prepared to assault the viruses.

"Here's the chips then, Traceur, just let me---" Travis rummaged through the chips once again, picking out the riskyhoney and looking at it, somewhat interested. He decided to take a closer look when the navis weren't trying to fight for their lives, and he could actually test it out. The chips were slotted in without further ado, and Traceur's grin grew wider.

"Here we go, let's make this quick!" The navi's hand darted for the never-ending supply of tiny grenades, popping each of them open, and throwing them out with a slight growl. He had one remaining, so he hurled it at a random one of the ironshields, shrugging slightly. Using the fact that he could line two viruses up without too much trouble, he flicked his arm upward, summoning the gridwork that quickly formed a miniaturized beam cannon with a laser sensor. It blinked, once, twice, and Traceur was satisfied. He turned his attention toward the Ironshields, which seemed far more formidable of a foe, albeit the urgency of taking out a virus that would cause all their foes to become invincible.

"Alright, seems I'm summoning quite a few things today," Traceur muttered as he snapped his fingers, walking closer to the Ironshields so he could get a lineup on them, and summoning the ball. It popped open to get a good look, then closed to swerve off at the foes. Traceur sighed as he shrugged.

"That's all I can do for now, Exorcist!" The navi called out, positioning himself in a crouch to hide behind what cover the ironshell could give him.

"I want to get out of here soon, Traceur, Burt is really creeping me out... Dunno why I signed up for his class..." Travis muttered to his navi under his breath.

1] Whiteweb: 40 to Trumpy, Brushman, IronshieldEXA, Hold/Trap/Grapple all.
2] Sensor1: position so it targets Trumpy and Brushman in a line. [100+beam+stun1]
3] Position self to line up the ironshields.
4] Ironshell [70+Break to IronshieldEXA,B, C 70*2+break to any pirahna left] [Block frontal attacks]
4]
Bolts of Dollthunder cackled overhead and struck down on the Piranha group, popping two of them like water balloons. The rest hovered safely between the lightning and were unaffected. Traceur was then thrown well over the fish and shield virii, in front of the Brushman and Trumpy. He launched his trademark Whiteweb but as none of his targets were that close, only one was bound by the adhesive substance. His Sensor punched a hole through the trapped Trumpy but the Brushman slipped out of the way in time.

Meanwhile Exorcist raged against the Piranha group with her claw and slashed one across the face. The group tried to get a lock on her but none were successful in tracking her graceful movements. Traceur rolled an Ironshell at the Ironshields but again, they were not in a perfect line and only two were hit by the attack. The Brushman picked up the slack of his apparently useless brethren and painted two shining portraits of paradise below the Ironshields.

The Ironshields, confused with which way to face, spun around and arbitrarily put their guards up in different directions. One launched some bombs at Traceur and managed to injure him slightly.

-Forward-
PiranhaA: 60 HP
PiranhaB: DELETED
PiranhaC: 20 HP
PiranhaD: DELETED
PiranhaE: 60 HP

IronshieldEXA: 20 HP [Facing Exorcist]
IronshieldEXB: 20 HP [Holy Panel] [Facing Traceur]
Brushman: 100 HP
IronshieldEXC: 160 HP [Holy Panel] [Facing Exorcist]

Trumpy: DELETED

-Terrain-
100% Normal 10% Holy

-Teachers-
Traceur.CMD: 75 HP
Traceur groaned that he had missed so completely on near to completely stationary targets. Especially since he had missed that damn brushman with not one but two attacks. Shaking his head, Traceur glanced around. What could he do... It had made holy panels. Not good.

"Ugh. Exorcist, I'm making use of my panel alteration signature. It should disable those panels, and hopefully slow down those near stationary viruses some more.

"Alright, what chips do you want this turn, Traceur?" Travis asked, his expression grim. These viruses didn't look good at all, and this situation reminded him more than somewhat slightly of a drunk fighting a bunch of other people. Near to nothing was hitting, and all he had was a broken glass bottle to try hit them with. The guy had gotten the crap beaten out of him, but Traceur just seemed to be supernaturally missing most of his targets.

"I don't know, let's wait and see what Exorcist does..." Traceur muttered, glancing from side to side as he sighed slightly, viewing the competition with no drive. His most powerful bits of arsenal had been almost completely spent, and he wanted to make sure he was targeting the right things. After all, he didn't want to miss something like the broad side of a barn in size, multiple targets not-withstanding.

"Well, if we wait that long, she might get all of them herself. Then where would we be?" Travis half-joked, trying to lighten the mood as Traceur glowered.

"I sincerely doubt she can handle all these herself if I managed to spectacularly miss about half of the targets... Maybe they're illusions or something." Traceur was more than reasonably suspicious about these supposedly stationary viruses that had dodged his attack. He shrugged, then let Exorcist do her work, but not before slamming his foot down, causing a wave of magnet panels to appear and radiate out from his foot near-instantly.

1] Ferroelectric Field [Large area magnet]

--Turn Split--
"Well okay, that could have gone worse. I should be thankful for what I did manage to get. Thank the deities who exist in a realm outside of our own comprehension for this wonderful bounty of good fortune," she prayed, summoning a small incense candle in one hand and holding it at her chest respectfully.

"Uh, maybe do this later, Exxy. You're not out of the woods yet. You see that brush looking guy? I'm not quite sure, but I think he's using some kind of power to strengthen those large, immobile cannons. That glowing light beneath them... It looks like something I've seen in a manual, but I can't remember what," he sighed, adjusting his glasses and staring hard into his PET. "At any rate, it looks like Traceur has a plan to cover it, so all you need to do is let him take care of the Brushman's ability and focus on destroying the enemies. First, let's sweep up those piranhas with your boomerang."

Exorcist nodded in compliance, preparing to receive the data from her operator. She couldn't help but regret throwing her ally in behind the viruses, since she felt a little unsafe fighting alone at this point after having come so far with him. "Could you get me the katana? I'll flank the ironshields from this side, and if our plan works like I think it will, Traceur will attack them from behind. That way, there will be no way that they can guard against both of our attacks and our victory will be certain!"

"I like the way you're thinking! Brains and looks, that's my navi!" Burt laughed, slotting through the chips. "Just be careful, you don't want to end up sucking on a cannonball through carelessness. Don't let those guys get a shot in on you."

Bobbing her head again to affirm she'd be cautious, Exorcist readied the giant sheet of tough, green paper into an arced shape. Directing her attention to the piranhas, she wasted no time in running forward and releasing her projectile through their ranks. Barreling on through without pausing to see the results, she readied her katana, holding it out horizontally as she glided across the ground towards her enemies. Her feet, covered in black cloth stockings, skid to a stop in front of her opponents as she brought her katana into position. In a furious display, she swiped twice, once horizontal, then again vertical. She rolled to the right, being careful not to injure herself with her own weapon, then initiated her assault against another one of the formidable iron viruses.

"Don't get hit in the face by a cannoball! Don't think about tasting steel mixed with your own blood and broken teeth! Don't think about having your head taken off by a fast moving projectile! Whatever you do, don't think about having your skull burst open by a-!" Burt warned his navi, pumping his fists up and down, then suddenly became distracted. "Oh look, your match for the tourney is up. At least it's not Traceur, nya ha ha." Exorcist gulped, trying her best not to think of the awful things that Burt had put into her mind.

1) Boomerang to Piranha group [65]
2) Katana to IronshieldEXA [60] and Ironshield group [60]
3) Katana to IronshieldEXC [60] and Ironshield group [60]
*) Swordplay
"Well, 'Exxy' has done her portion of the deal, and it's time for you to get yours done,
'Kaysey'." Travis mockingly referred to his navi as he took out the chips they had remaining.

"Just give me the chips, Travis." Traceur was irritated with the smalltalk as it took a more insulting turn. lifting his weapon, he aimed it one of the ironshields. This time, he hopefully wouldn't miss a still object while decently taking a shot at it.

"What chip, then?" Travis asked, looking around slightly. He had several damaging chips left but none that were really an 'area of effect' type that could take out multiple viruses at once. Traceur would probably have to single-target his way through his foes unless he could think up another solution.

"Urgh, let's see. What's available? Cannonball... Zapring... Ringlog. We've still got the ringlog, so we'll have to use that thing. It's the only area of effect thing we have left besides the shotgun, but that's not quite reliable in a situation like this. We'll have to use the ringlog for maximum coverage while not sacrificing damage potential." Traceur shook his head, not really wanting to use another of those damned logs, but it seemed he'd have to in order to finish this particular battle off.

"Alright, getting those two chips in. Just a moment..." Travis quickly selected the chips, having decently memorized them by now (it had been about eight tries, after all.) He let them slide in with that now familiar click. It was now up to his navi to hit the rest of the viruses in a single go.

"Yeah, yeah." Traceur fired a single shot at the ironshield that he had apparently completely missed, the shot exploding on impact as the navi spun, then pointed over-dramatically outward. He did it to make the mundane appearance of the log to be even more of a stupefyingly idiotic moment.

With a sigh, he kicked the log, then waved a dismissive hand as another appeared. He kicked that one as well, rolling his eyes about the entire issue. If that didn't end the battle, it'd quickly become an annoying war of attrition, that was the least to say.

"Travis, the tourney is actually coming up very soon. I'd like to get to Joanne, because as much as I know you love this class, it's almost over." Traceur gave a brief roll of his eyes before giving his ally a wink. "At least we won't be fighting each other straight off. I daresay I'll lose to some of the competition, so we probably won't even see each other. If I do happen to lose, I hope you'll avenge me." Traceur gave the other navi what he hoped was a somewhat roguish wink as he smiled, then looked for the results of their dual onslaught.

2] Cannonball: 150+Break to IronshieldEXC
3] Ringlog: 50 to IronshieldEXA, Brushman, IronshieldEXC
4] Ringlog: 50 to IronshieldEXA, Brushman, IronshieldEXC
The Magnetic field eradicated any benefits the Holy panels once granted leaving the Ironshields disoriented and vulnerable. One spun around in a circle while the other two were pushed off the panels entirely and closer to Exoricst with their backs turned.

The Piranhas shifted and attempted to get a lock on anyone. Their sights fell on the completely stationary Traceur and all three stopped and prepared to fire. It was the perfect opening for Exorcist who launched a Boomerang to take them out in one attack. However she was just a bit too late for the last Piranha, who managed to fire a single spear before it was deleted.

The Ironshields then attacked with several bombs at the completely stationary Traceur. Thinking that the bombs were probably an illusion, Traceur stood his ground and endured an explosive bath knocking him into critical health. Exorcist picked up the pace and slashed at their unprotected backsides while Traceur's ringlogs crashed harmlessly against their guards. The Brushman was not as lucky and was rolled over before he could finish his next painting.

-Forward-
PiranhaA: DELETED
PiranhaB: DELETED
PiranhaC: DELETED
PiranhaD: DELETED
PiranhaE: DELETED

IronshieldEXA: DELETED
IronshieldEXB: DELETED
Brushman: DELETED
IronshieldEXC: DELETED

Trumpy: DELETED

-Terrain-
35% Normal 60% Magnet 5% Cracked

-Teachers-
Traceur.CMD: 1 HP

[Battle 9 - Victory!]
Traceur get: 600z + 4 FXP
Exorcist get: 1200z + 4 FXP + Ironshield1 chip
"Ha ha ha! Looks like Traceur ate some cannonball just now! He should have listened to me!" Burt snorted, laughing ridiculously. He laughed a little bit more slowly as Traceur disappeared in a cloud of smoke, completely shrouded by the effects for the iron-guarded viruses' attacks. "Uh, Tracy's okay, right?"

Exorcist wasted no time in running over and flying into a panicked frenzy. "Throwing you behind the enemy lines was an awful idea!" she exclaimed, helping Traceur up as quickly as she could. Despite her operator's joking attitude, she was nearly in tears over having caused her ally so much harm due to her strategy. "If I'd never followed that awful plan, the enemies wouldn't have focused their attacks on you like that and you wouldn't have had to endure so much pain. Are you alright?" she asked with beads of moisture forming in her eyes, clenching her teeth in bitter hatred of herself.

"Woah, Exorcist, calm down! I'm sure he's fine. Anyways, Travis, let's log out for now," he laughed, finally remembering his partner's name. "Come on Exxy, let's get to the upgrade shop. We don't have a lot of time at all until the tournament starts. I'd suggest you do the same, buddy."

"Wait, Burt! How can we just leave Traceur like this?!" Exorcist cried, setting him down gently with her eyebrows tensed in worry. "He got injured because of your plan, you know!"

Burt sighed, disconnecting her from the internet without her permission. "I'll see you at the tournament, Travis. I hope Traceur looks better by that time, ha ha ha!" Grabbing up his scarf and coke, he quickly headed for the door, then exited the room. At the last second, he poked his head back in, frowning at the tedious task of keeping up with his class. "Uh, class is canceled for today guys. Go watch the tournament," he told them all, batting his hand to tell them to shoo. The class cheered uproariously as he left.

((Exiting))