Mission: The monster of the Viral Lab

((BUMP))
"Well, this was a... student project, as I said before," Curtis explained, wiping his brow nervously. "And... I doubt it's called 'The Rampaging Snorgmorphophage' for nothing."

XIII proceeded on, blasting the middle egg with a green mace thingy and a cannon in rapid succession, before drawing his sword, and slashing down in a cross-shaped pattern on the egg. The blob let out an inhuman screech while sending spear-headed tentacles flying at the flaming swordsman, who avoided most of them. Two of the things bashed at his sides, dealing some moderate damage. There was some oozing residue left over, but he would manage, at least it wasn't on his legs.

The three eggs moved closer and close to XIII, snot dripping behind them as they moved threateningly closer.

SnorgmorphophageEggA: 200 HP
SnorgmorphophageEggB: 98 HP
SnorgmorphophageEggC: 200 HP

Terrain: 75% Normal, 20% Glass (scattered), 5% Snot (behind enemies)

XIII.exe: 70 HP
((god, I"m sorry I'm moving so slowly on this, revivedsin. College is kicking the crap out of me this year.))

XIII shrugged off the attack, though despite a great deal of revulsion from having been partially molested by a snot-tentacle.
"XIII, we're going to do a one-two combo on this, alright?" Kasumi spoke to her navi over the comlink. "BubbStar1, ElecReel1, Slot in!"

The navi took aim at the three, his arm in the shape of the bubble gun already, as he let the shot fly and spread. Bubbstar by itself, other than encasing them in a bubble temporarily, wouldn't be much hindrance to these targets. Thats where the ElecReel came in. Just as soon as the shots hit, he pulled his sword out, the blade charging with electricity. XIII gave it a powerful swing, discharging the surging electrical force from the edge and causing it to rush towards the same three targets with blinding speed and light as the air crackled behind their path.

Summary:
Bubbstar1(20 Aqua + Bubble Trap + 3 targets) SnorgmorphophageEgg A,B,C
ElecReel1 (80 Elec) SnorgmorphophageEgg A,B,C
Dodge
Dodge
Dodge
XIII let out some slow moving bubbles toward the slow moving blobs, one of which successfully "blobs" out of the way of the trap, and avoided becoming encased. Moving onto the next part of the plan, the flaming swordsman let out a war cry as he slashed out a Getsuga- I mean Elecreel at the encased enemies, zapping them to near death, as one was still alive, albeit barely.
The Egg that did escape spat multiple orbs of mucus at XIII, littering the area with snot panels as the warrior dashed out of the way.

SnorgmorphophageEggA: 20 HP
SnorgmorphophageEggB: VAPORIZED
SnorgmorphophageEggC: 200 HP

Terrain: 70% Normal, 20% Glass (scattered), 10% Snot (scattered)

XIII.exe: 70 HP
"Crap, some of the ground has been compromised" XIII grumbled into the com link. it was by sheer stroke of luck that one of those large loogies had just barely missed him. There was something to be said about attacking at random; It certainly made your opponents have trouble reading you. And tahts exactly what this ball of good was doing.

"XIII, lets try another multi attack! PhoenixShot1, Slot in!" Kasumi yelled back to him, inserting the data as fast as she could. Her navi's hand began to burn as it took the form of a flaming gun barrel. He took aim, making sure that while he was focused on the undamaged one, the remaining virus egg that was damaged would still easily be caught in the spread.

"Take this ya crappy viruses! Like I'll let you multiply!" He pulled the trigger and let the shot fly, the fireball that emerged taking the form of a giant firebird, and its body and wings raking across the battle field with burning fury.

It was not the last thing XIII did however. running behind the trail of his slow moving shot, he had been charging up his sword for a full on attack. He jumped at the last second, moving next to the stronger snotty egg, and let his blade fly from his sheath, all the pent up energy releasing in a huge attach far beyond his normal sword's capabilities.

Summary:
PhoenixShot1 (70 + Wide Attack, +5 Fire) SnorgmorphophageEgg C,A
Charge
Charge
Charged Buster (32 dmg + fire) SnorgmorphophageEggC
Dodge
XIII rages about the gunk on the floor before blasting the two Eggs with his Phoenix Fire. Not wasting a second, the flaming swordsman dashed at the final egg, building up his energy into his sword and slashing viciously at the gunk monster. He unfortunately, found himself deep in goo and as he tried dodging the giant booger blast from the egg, the upper left side of his body was covered in filth! It didn't seem quite usable for a while. Well, at least he had gotten out of that poopy panel, though his feet still had some of it attached.

SnorgmorphophageEggA: DELETED
SnorgmorphophageEggC: 98 HP

XIII.exe: 40 HP (Left Arm Unusable!) (Dodges Slowed)
"XIII! Watch out!" Kasumi's warning was too late. The navi felt himself sink deep into the muck, his left hand becoming stuck to his body and unable to be freed from the super-glue quality substance.

He struggled regardless, but to no avail. "N-no good Kasumi. Hurry up with those chips! Its closing in!" XIII was still trying to keep his free arm above the goo so it remained fuctional. He could move, but it wasn't nearly fast enough to help him break free.

Kasumi went for broke, grabbing a grouping of chips and inserting them. No strategies this time. No Fancy techniques. Basically just unloading the most powerful and solid chips she had left to use.
"3 heatshot Chips, Slot in! Burn it to the ground, XIII!" She yelled to him, jsut as his arm was accepting the data and converting itself to a shotgun barrel.

The Navi also knew the going-for-broke tactic she was employing. He took his time taking a bead, and let fire all the shot successively. Each one would have to count, he was running out of options.

Summary
Heatshot (40 + 5 Fire) to SnorgmorphophageEggC
Dodge (I hope)
XIII panicked and started sending Fireball after Fireball at the looming Egg, who weakly retaliated with another loogie in response, the muck sticking to the flaming Swordsman's chest. The egg soon burned up and died. Guess that was over.

A sickening, inhuman, garbled bellow came from the east as the last Egg died. The... Rampaging Snorgmorphophage?

SnorgmorphophageEggA: DELETED
SnorgmorphophageEggC: ASHES

XIII.exe: 30 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: 1500z

"The signal detects it in the east! It's nearby, be on your guard," Professor Curtis warned Kasumi as he titled up his glasses. "Remember, after the project's HP is down, you have to use the NetSword to capture its core memory."
((I'm just curious, Revived, but when you say "When the Hp is down" do you mean when the Hp gets very low, or do you mean after I've taken out it's HP?))
((You couldn't PM me about this? Anyway, it means when you've TOTALLY REDUCED ITS HP TO ZERO.))

((Also, I recommend using Energy Packs))
Enigma materialized into the Dentech Net rapidly, bits of his indigo data arriving in a blizzardlike flurry everywhere, forming a sort of orb around Enigma himself as his body took shape utilizing bits of the orb and other unseen materials. Looking around curiously, he was immediately surprised to see another navi, red-haired and odd-looking, with most of its structural integrity gone and... apparently covered in mucus.

Do you need help? he called curiously to the navi, and then turned to Ceres quzzically. I didn't know there was snot on the Net.

Ceres, eyes brimming with tears of laughter, managed, N-Neither did, heheh, I...
XIII managed to pull himself out of the abysmal muck as it slowly dissipated from his body. Thank kami-sama that deleting a virus also deleted the mucus it produced here. There was still a big problem though: the navi was hurting bad, the left side of his body still rather numb and motionless, and the major baddie was still yet to take a dirt nap.

"huh? what?" XIII managed to flip around to find another Navi had entered the area, looking down at him. It was a very odd navi, an amorphous shape of random data fragments surrounding a singular core to make a vaguely humanoid shape. But help was help, and XIII wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth. "Y-yes, thank you. I could use some help."
Alright. What's the situation, here? Enigma queried, noticing Kenshin's odd condition, and motioning him to follow deeper into the Net. I'm in one hell of a busting mood...

= Next battle! =
"Oh, another person. Eh, I guess you'll do," Professor Curtis commented nonchalantly, adjusting his glasses. "At any rate, a graduate student project, known as 'The Rampaging Snorgmorphophage' has gone rampant in the university's network. Find it, weaken it, and retrieve its core memory. XIII and Kasumi already have the required tool for the capture objective. Its cries are coming from the east. Hurry! Before it can procreate!" the teacher urged, prompting Enigma and XIII to head toward the east.

--

In a short while, the two come across goo, goo, and more goo. Yuck, it'll be hard to move around in this gunk.

A sickening, inhuman garbled bellow alerted the two navis to another presence. Taking up their battle routines, the two turn to find...

A giant amorphous snot monster. Its mouth is gaping wide with rotten teeth scattered around the inside, while its two eyes traverse aimlessly around its bodies. Hands, claws, tentacles, and all sorts of ligaments form and deform around the monstrosity's being. A slight pulse could be detected near its center...

The Rampaging Snorgmorphophage lets out another scream, spewing mucus everywhere. I bet it would take more than a couple of flu shots to dumb down this buddy.

Time to vaccinate the net.

The Rampaging Snorgmorphophage: 1300 HP (snot)

Terrain: 80% Snot (Slows Dodges), 20% Normal

XIII.exe: 30 HP
Engima.exe: 120 HP

-FINAL BATTLE-
-VACCINATE-

((Sorry about stealing your catchphrase DNR. ^^; ))
= I'm assuming that we're on the normal terrain already for this post and that the ... snot ... is around the monster itself, considering you, well, didn't specify. =

What, in the name of all that is holy, is that? Enigma exclaimed, backing up and gaping in horror at the monstrosity ... well ... amassed ... in front of him.

Ceres, considerably less fazed, instead queried, And who are you? directing his question at Professor Curtis. He stopped before he could start another inquisition directed at the mysterious navi's NetOp, as his question was answered by Curtis almost immediately. Ah. Hello, Kasumi, I'm Ceres. So... I'll be glad to help, then, he said, nodding, and smiling at a waitress as she sauntered over to bring him the cappuccino he'd asked for just moments earlier. Thanks much.

Right. Thanks for asking, but I don't need chips, Enigma frowned, and then walked over to XIII curiously. Ah, I see, well, rather a lot wrong here. He observed a few scratches and burns just like the signs of usual virus-busting, but in addition to this, the mucus from the gooey virii seemed to have done some surface damage in the manner of an acid, if not anything deeper. Nodding, he ever-so-calmly ripped out a chunk of his side, to the apparent great protest of his own body. Indigo-tinted sparks flew with great vehemence from the injured area, but he didn't wince in the slightest, but smiled slightly and knowingly as more data arrived from seemingly nowhere to fill the unnatural gap as he continued forming a softball-sized "health orb" in his hands. Once he'd finished, he calmly handed it to XIII, hopefully healing him a good deal.

I'm sending you a Cannon, you know what to do, Ceres said, noticing that XIII didn't seem to have healed quite enough to be battle-ready just yet. He followed up by searching a bit, then finding what he was in need of and slotted the chip in nonchalantly.

Alright, Enigma agreed, and then walked back to XIII for a closer examination. As far as he could tell, most of the major "general busting" scratches were gone, but the mucus-y acid-y marks were still there. He sighed, accepted the pending request for the Cannon, and then seemingly conjured another orb of data from the excess surrounding him to XIII before aiming the Cannon casually at his newfound partner. I'm not going to hurt you, he reassured him, and then let loose the blue energy bolt at his own data, hopefully transferring roughly half of the Cannon's power into useful data for XIII to heal himself with. Now that you're feeling a bit better, explain to me how we kill this thing, he suggested, nodding at the Snorgmorphophage as if it were nothing worse than a naughty child, an odd contrast to his initial reaction.

I'm thinking a hit-and-run tactic, Ceres added from the sideline, surveying the available chips and Enigma's own skills in an intrigued manner. If you get close, it'll just bog you down and slowly ... or, rather, not-so-slowly devour you.

Well, I'm just going to see what it's got hidden in its sleeves for now, Enigma replied, eyeing the snot monster warily, backpedaling a few steps to make sure he wasn't stepping in the green goo before his adversary had a chance to immerse him in it. Bring it.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 120
1: Data Influx > XIII [+30 HP, 1TCD]
2: Conversion of Cannon > XIII [+20 HP, -Cannon x1]
3-4: Stay away from the muck! [Dodges]

Fluctuating Nature: Aimed front, towards Snorgmorphophage.
Data Influx: Just used. Ready in 1 more turn.
Data Vampirism: Ready!
Fluctuating Nature v2: Ready!
"Its a pleasure to meet you too, Ceres," Kasumi responded. "Thanks for the assist. WE got blindsided in that last battle, and there's not way we could have beaten this thing with XIII in such a poor condition as that."
"Hey! I could have stuck it out longer!" her navi replied in an annoyed tone. Though he wouldn't outright admit it, he was very thankful for the help, especially the healing. He just didn't like it when his operator inadvertently tried to emasculate him in front of others.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever hotshot. Look just don't get close, that thing is ten kinds of dangerous and 20 kinds of disgusting. you don't want to tango in close with that nasty thing." Kasumi was already rummaging through her bag to find some good chips. "Alright lets test the waters! Cactball1, Guard1 slot in!"

The Navi fired off the prickly cactus projectile into the living muck creature as he continued to dash back to where his new partner Enigma was now. When he was at a good position between the monster and the fellow navi, he activated the guard chip and a mettool-colored shield appeared in front of him.

Summary
Cactball1 (3x20 Wood) to The Rampaging Snorgmorphophage
Guard1 (60 + shockwave) activated
Dodge
Dodge
Dodge
"It's coming!" Cutris warned as the two started engaging the Snorgmorphophage. Enigma started as the support, healing XIII with a bunch of.... well, healing stuff.
Anyway, the flaming swordsman decided to play it safe and bowl a Cactball at the Snorgmorphophage, who opened up a hole below its body, letting the attack pass harmlessly through, before screeching and spewing a blast of mucus that raced through the air at the two navis.

Enigma uses his fluctuating nature to bounce out of the way while XIII threw up a Guard and returned the damage to the monstrosity. Riled up, the eyes on the Snorgmorphophage became a bloody crimson, veins streaking up at the bases before the snot monster let out an inhuman, garbled roar, sending what seemed to be like millions of snotty hands at the two navis.
The warriors soon played a game of "Evade and Avoid" and luckily got away with a few scratches, but there was kind of some snot on them... not too much though. (10)

The Rampaging Snorgmorphophage: 1250 HP (snot)

Terrain: 80% Snot (Slows Dodges), 20% Normal

XIII.exe: 70 HP (tag)
Engima.exe: 110 HP (tag)
= Shit. XD =

Enigma, frowning irritably, wiped the residual mucus from his face. That's disgusting, he growled, burning from embarrassment.

Worst idea for an experiment, hands-down, Ceres agreed.
Pleased to make your acquaintance, Kasumi; here's some quick advice. Kill it with fire, he grinned, but then changed his mind. Actually, use more of your weak chips first to keep it at bay; we have a Bighammer in our arsenal, but we'll save that for when we need a big punch. Between the two of us, we should be able to whittle this thing down some...

Let's get the AirRaid out, and send me a few basic chips, Enigma requested, squinting at the thrashing Snogmorphophage angrily. What, you're just going to spew mucus at us? You're not going to come down and take a bite? he cackled derisively.

Sending them now, Ceres replied calmly, slotting in the AirRaid and a Vulcan2 immediately, and then lingering on a Shotgun. It's alright if you miss some; just piss it off enough so it gets close enough to deal some real damage.

Done and done, Enigma nodded. He smiled knowingly as the faint sound of an engine drifted out from behind him, steadily growing louder into a waspish hum of a plane motor. Without warning, a sleek, silver-tinted fighter jet streaked out from behind the duo of navis, belching black smoke behind it uncharacteristically.

Ready for action, the pilot, who was seemingly computerized, reported in calmly, as the plane began to circle around the Snorgmorphophage almost dizzyingly. Suggested course of action, sir?

Don't get too close, Enigma advised. Go in for a few quick hits, but stay as far back as possible while maintaining optimum accuracy. We have to keep you safe until fuel runs out.

Roger roger, the pilot responded, and the plane began to dip in slightly before actually zooming out of 'orbit' of the Snormorphophage and looping back around in an elaborate, barrel-roll-involving u-turn in midair. As he came back around, he announced, Engaging enemy, and let loose a barrage of machine gun rounds at the creature just before impact, then veered off to the side again. While the Snorgmorphophage was hopefully occupied, Enigma drew out the Vulcan and began to take aim at the horror. Lining up the creature's eyes with the small tick mark overshadowing the triple-barrel of the gun, he unleashed five quick rounds of about three bluish energy bursts each. Now, in addition to the pilot's continual onslaught (who kept looping back around for additional raids), the Snorgmorphophage would also have to deal with a good fifteen pellets from another direction.

Quickly, the shotgun! Ceres exclaimed, who had obviously become rather tense in the course of the battle.

Right, Enigma acknowledged, and drew out the cylindrical tube (or rather, formed it) on his arm speedily. Taking a proper firing stance (one foot in front, one behind, slightly angled), he held his shotgun arm with his free arm, steadying it. Almost painstakingly slowly, he brought the shotgun in line with the Snorgmorphophage's mouth, carefully following its motions until he was satisfied with his aim. He slowly squeezed the trigger, and then--bam. The blast had surprised him, and the armament quickly faded as soon as the blue bolt had begun speeding towards the enemy. Seeming satisfied, Enigma glanced quickly over at XIII, calling over, Attack, quickly, while he's distracted! and then preparing to evade incoming mucus or pointy teeth with both his body and "evasive maneuvers."
=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 110
1: AirRaid1 Summon! [3 turn duration]
2: Vulcan2 > Rampaging Snorgmorphophage [10 DMG x 5, Spread 1]
3: Shotgun > Rampaging Snorgporphophage [50 DMG, Spread 1]
4: Careful-ness! [Dodge]
*: Careful-ness! [Free dodge!]

AirRaid1 (Support Fighter)
HP: 100
Turns Left: 3
1: Gun down the snot monstrosity! [10 DMG x 10]

Sigs
Data Influx: Ready next turn!
Data Vampirism: Ready!
Fluctuating Nature: Directed to front again.
Fluctuating Nature v2: Used this turn! Ready turn after next!

Chips
Cannon: 40 damage. Accuracy: A
Cannon: 40 damage. Accuracy: A
Shotgun: 50 damage + spread 1. Accuracy: A
Shotgun: 50 damage + spread 1. Accuracy: A
Heatshot x2: 40 damage + spread 1. Accuracy: A Element: Fire
Vulcan2: 10 damage x5 + spread 1. Accuracy: A
Airshot2: 30 damage and strong knockback. Accuracy: A
Wideshot: 60 + Wide Attack. Accuracy: A Element: Aqua
Rageclaw: 40 damage slashing, 20 impacting. Accuracy: B
BigHammer: 160 damage + Impact + Break. Accuracy: B
Dash Attack: 90 damage + Impact. Accuracy: C
Flameline1: 70 + 3 targets. Accuracy: B Element: Fire
AirRaid1: Summon 100 HP FighterPlane (Flying) [50 + Impact] [10x10 shots] Accuracy: A Duration: 3 turns
Areagrab: Teleports to another location on terrain. +1 Accuracy.

= OK, this summary format should be totally helpful to all mods. =
"fire? your telling me I have to use fire?" it was a question, but Kasumi's tone was dripping with amusement and mild sarcasm. "I-I think we can manage fire. What do you think XIII? I mean, it is your specialty after all...."
"Yeah..." The navi replied with a grin. "I think I can manage it."
"Alright, XIII, 3 Heatshots, slotted in and coming at ya! And one more shotgun to even it up, slot in!"

Kasumi practically kept these three heatshot chips grouped together in her folder, simply because they constantly found themselves in situations where if one heatshot would do well, 3 would turn the tide of battle. The Netnavi's arm had already turned into the pump-shotgun barrel he was so familiar with, and XIII took off from where he was standing, unloading shot after shot into the beast until all four chips worth of rounds were expended. They had burst out in a staccato of three burning shots followed by a same-sized hail of normal shot following behind them, guaranteed to rip anything they came across several new structurally superfluous orifices.

Summary
Heatshot (40 + 5 Fire + spread) to Rampaging Snorgmorphophage
Shotgun (50 + spread) to Rampaging Snorgmorphophage
Dodge
-GAME OVER-

At any rate, Enigma starts off the assault by summoning an Airplane, which then shoots bullets at the monster, who decides at that moment to open a giant hole in itself and have the damage pass meaninglessly through it.
Undetterred, the two navi blast the project with bullets, lead, and FIRE, weakening its health considerably.
Screeching and garbling inhumanly, the Rampaging Snorgmorphophage imitates the warriors and starts firing like a million snot bullets at the two, who dodge like crazy to try and avoid the icky assault, but some still manages to catch on them, in fact, so much so, that their movements are slowed!
Oh, and it seems that everything is covered in snot now. <__<;

The Rampaging Snorgmorphophage: 965 HP (snot)

Terrain: 100% Snot (Slows Dodges)

XIII.exe: 50 HP (tag) (Snot) (Dodges Slowed!)
Engima.exe: 90 HP (tag) (Snot) (Dodges Slowed!)
FighterPlane: 100 HP (0/3)