Mission: The monster of the Viral Lab

The data flashed down hitting the ground as XIII entered the network, landing in his usual semi-dramatic entrance style. Immediately, the navi spun around, sweeping the line of his vision across the area he landed in.

Other than alot of nasty looking sludge, the immediate area seemed free of viruses. "Area is secure, Remi..." He said into the comlink, and his operator replied with an affirmative grunt.
It didn't take long for the navi to see the trail on the ground a couple yards from his current position. It was a trail of gooey patches the rough shape and size of foot prints, along with other spots of the gunk scattered between them, like the random bits of residue data that would drip off of something like this.
XIII spoke into the com link again, reporting "Found the trail. The target seems to have taken a humanoid navi shape, most likely its last victim. Ready to commence pursuit."
"Copy that. XIII, I've got a fever..." kasumi replied, smiling at that last part.
XIII checked his sword, the long blade making a metallic, raspy clink then it was fully re-sheathed. He grinned to. ".... and the only prescription, is more cowbell."

The red haired navi took off down the trail. Fortunate for him, the trail seemed to be... fresh... looking the farther he went. this was the right direction, he was sure of it now.

((ready for what ever you throw at me, Revived.))
XIII encounters what appears to be... snot-covered viruses, with gaping mouths.
Was this... the effect of the Snorgmorphophage?
Oh, looks like they're attacking.

SnotMushyA: 150 HP
SnotMushyB: 150 HP
SnotMushyC: 150 HP
SnotArmadillA: 170 HP
SnotArmadillB: 170 HP
SnotScarecrowA: 170 HP
SnotScarecrowB: 170 HP

Terrain: 70% Normal, 30% Snot (Sand properties, scattered)

XIII.exe: 140 HP

-MISSION BATTLE 1-
-FIGHT!-
"ugh, I think I just threw up a little," Kasumi said over the comlink.
XIII was disgusted by it too. "How do you think I feel. I'm in here with them, and they're attacking me!"
"Right, right."

Kasumi began rummaging around in her chip bag. She didn't have time to meticulously sort all her chips together into a folder, but she usually marked them when she got them, a raised marking of sorts, so she could easily feel what she was grabbing.
"Alright... three heatshots coming your way!"

XIII's arm took the form of a pump shotgun, and he immediately took aim on the closest mushy, unloading all three onto it, the splash of the burning shot flying onto other adjacent targets.
"ok, and for good measure... ElecReel1, slot in!" The data warped in, charging XIII's blade with electrical energy as he ran forward, slamming it into the ground and causing the shockwave to carry across the enemy's ground, hitting a good deal of them.

Summary
Heat Shot (40 + 5 Fire, splash damage) to Mushy B and splash damage
ElecReel1 (80 Elec) To Mushy A, B, C
Dodge
Dodge
XIII burns the first Mushy into tomorrow with the first two shots. Then blasts a Scarecrow, because he doesn't feel like wasting an attack.
Next, the swordsman sends out an Elecreel, which... hits one Mushy. Maybe he should put a little more effort into it next time?
One of the mucus covered armadill's lets out a screech, and promptly... Oh god...
It COVERED ITSELF IN MUCUS.
AND ROLLED INTO A BALL.
AND HEADED RIGHT TOWARD XIII.
Luckily he dodged, but it left a fine line of snot panels from its attack trail.
A snot Scarecrow sounded like it was building up something nasty in it's throat, and...
it shot a massive lugey(sp?) at XIII, who tried to dodge, but had used up too many of his (actions) and was promptly covered in viral waste filth. His movements seemed to be hampered as well.

"That doesn't... look so good," Curtis grimaced, observing XIII's predicament.

SnotMushyA: 70 HP
SnotMushyB: DELETED
SnotMushyC: 150 HP
SnotScarecrowA: 125 HP
SnotScarecrowB: 170 HP

Terrain: 60% Normal, 40% Snot (Sand properties, scattered)

XIII.exe: 120 HP (Slow! All dodges are less effective)
((i'm sorry for the really late response, I"ve been getting ready for a trip. Oddly enough, I should be able to update regularly again once I'm on the road. Anyway, did you mean that as in I used up too many actions? I couldn't tell, so sorry if I'm being a little dense.))

XIII was covered in the gunk all over his body, it was sticking him down, slowing his movements. He was a normally a very fast navi, but even this gunk was slowing him down. OH and it was really, really gross.

"AAhhh, oh god!" XIII spluttered, trying to shake the stuff off of him. "Its everywhere!"
Kasumi said into the comlink, "XIII try and focus. It'll disappear in a little bit... though I can't blame you. here I'm sending some chips your way. Shotgun, slot in! Fireburn1, Slot in!"

XIII stood there, twitching a little still, trying to get his mind off of the uncomfortable feeling of the good surrounding him. He aimed up at the snot scarecrows, not knowing which one had hit him, but he was going to shoot first and ask questions later. And a shotgun spread was not too picky on those matters either. A buster best friend.
"Gahh, i'll teach you for spitting on me!" He pulled the trigger, letting the shot fly into the air at them.

Immediately the data changed to the fireburn, that jet-like device replacing the shotgun barrel. XIII was already in motion, trying to get a good vantage point, before he hit the ignition, blasting through the remaining two SnotMushy's as well as one of the SnotArmadill in his way. The moment the fuel ran out and his arm returned to normal, he started using evasive maneuvers to return to his side without getting hit, but the thick gunk covering him was making his movements sluggish.

"Crap..." he muttered into the comlink. "Remind me never to charge through those guys again. I thought tit would be satisfying to beat the crap out of them, but they feel so squishy and gross. Remi, when we get out of here, please.... please give my data a good scrub down with some virus blockers. Even if I am clean then, I don't think I'll feel that way until I've done that..."
"I was thinking the same thing, XIII" Kasumi said in a similarly disgusted tone. She could almostt swear she could feel them when XIII had rammed into them, and she wanted to finish this as soon as possible.

Summary:
Shotgun (50 + spread) SnotScarecrow A, B
Fireburn1 (50 + 5 Fire + line attack) Snot Mushy A, C, and ArmadillA
Dodge
Dodge
Dodge
((Bump))
XIII Shotguns the Scarecrows and burns over the Mushys, though one is still alive.
He then dodges more goo spit from the Scarecrows, but has less success with some booger rain from the final Snot Mushy, thankfully, it didn't hamper him directly, but it did create some... interesting terrain changes.
The swordsman looked down to find himself in the... liquid....

SnotMushyA: DELETED
SnotMushyC: 40 HP
SnotScarecrowA: 75 HP
SnotScarecrowB: 120 HP

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Snot (Sand properties)

XIII.exe: 110 HP (Snot)
((Sorry its been so long revived. College started up and I've been busy.))

"Eww!" XIII looked down and shuddered. It was such a gooey feeling... he could barely stand it. It was like wading through a marsh, but only... more disgusting.

"Please, Remi! Lets finish this soon!"
"got it XIII, I don't want you in there either" His operator replied. "DblBeam, slot in! Cactball1, slot in!"

A cube landed behind Tenchi just as his own hand changed to the Cactball. The navi wasted no time in tossing it at the nearest virus. He attempted to dodge any oncoming attacks, but teh goo around his feet was just too thick.
"Remi, I can barely move. Its like trying to walk on glue!"

Summary
DblBeam1(summon - 40 Null to all Enemies (Red Beam) or- 30 heal to all Allies. Random (Blue Beam))
Cactball1 (3x20) To SnotScarecrowA
Dodge
Dodge
Dodge
XIII quickly backpedals before summoning a dual colored cube that soon flashed between red and blue. Deciding its course, the cube landed on red, blasting the enemies with a giant crimson wave of damage. The swordsman followed up with a spiked wooden mace, destroying the next target, before backpedaling, feet thick in the snot.
The booger covered Armadill took its chance, rolling into a ball while covering itself in the icky substance. The mutated virus charged at the warrior, who barely managed to dodge out of the way as the backdraft of the blow knocked the flaming samurai back, a tiny bit of snot sticking to his armor. However, the backdraft landed him in a convenient place, near the normal terrain.

SnotMushyC: DELETED
SnotArmadillA: 130 HP [IronBody]
SnotArmadillB: 130 HP
SnotScarecrowA: DELETED
SnotScarecrowB: 80 HP

XIII.exe: 100 HP (Snot)
"Kami-sama, thank you!" XIII said, standing up from the snot-free floor. He managed to shake some of the gunk off, but much to his dismay, there was still some stuck on him. But at least XIII wasn't still knee deep in the goo.

"Ok XIII Good job getting out of there... though I'd have suggested something different." Kasumi pulled some more chips out of her pack. "Alright, Bubbstar1 Slot in! Zapring1 slot in!"

The old one-two punch combo that Kasumi loved so well. XIII was familiar with it, as it had been one of the first tactics Kasumi had come up with when they first started busting. The navi let the bubble shot fly at the remaining scarecrow. He waited a split second, enough time for the bubble to encase its target, and the he let the zapring fly, the ring of crackling electricity bearing down on the path the bubble took.

Summary
Bubbstar1(20 + Bubble Trap + 3 targets Aqua) SnotScarecrowB
Zapring1 (40 + Stun 1 Elec) SnotScarecrowB
Dodge
Dodge
Dodge
Not immediately returning to the normal terrain, XIII launches his bubbles, one being avoided by an Armadill, the other two encasing their targets. Like a whirlwind, the flaming swordsman launches a chakram of electricity at the lone Scarecrow, zapping it to bits, and frying the snot beneath it.
XIII then rips himself out of the boogers and faces the enemies.

SnotArmadillA: 129 HP (Trapped!)
SnotArmadillB: 130 HP
SnotScarecrowB: DELETED

XIII.exe: 100 HP
XIII manages to shake himself out of the snot, just in time to rid himself of the lingering effects of creepy goo. "Oh, thank kami-sama I'm outta that stuff. Only two left Remi! Lets get some hard hits in!"

Kasumi nodded, pulling out a few chips and slotting them in. "Cannon, Phenoxshot1, Rage claw, slot in!"

The Cannon and the PhonenixShot1 took the place of his hands, the RageClaw being held in reserve until the guns were spent. XIII aimed the cannon at the trapped Armadill, letting the shot fly at the immobile virus, while the Phoenix shot roared behind it, its fiery explosion taking the form of a fire bird as it swept over the area.

The moment the two guns were spent, XIII's hands changed into the RageClaws, and he lunged forward at the Remaining Armadill, the claws descending on it to tear it apart.

Summary
Cannon (40) ArmadillA
PhoenixShot1 (70 + 5 Fire + Wide attack) ArmadillA, ArmadillB
RageClaw (40) ArmadillB
Dodge
Dodge
XIII deals with the first Armadill by blowing it up with a cannon and Phoenixfire, damaging it severely. The second one curls in a ball to avoid the scorching flames. After the heat wave passes, the second Armadill rolled right at XIII, who tried charging forth with his Rageclaw to block it. Clawing at the rolling virus, the flaming swordsman manages to knick his claws into the armor joints. He only has seconds to perform the next move that could save him from being bowled over while his Rageclaw was caught in the gooey, armored ball that was the mutated Armadill.
And what else could a Rageclaw do besides slashing?

SnotArmadillA: 14 HP
SnotArmadillB: 128 HP (Caught!)

Terrain: 52% Normal, 48% Snot (Sand properties)

XIII.exe: 100 HP [Rageclaw] (Catching!)

((You have one action, and one action only, in your next post to throw the SnotArmadill away. Try your best.))
((ooh, intriguing. I'll try my best.))

"Gaaaah!" The navi yelled as his claws began to lock into it. The Armadill had more weight to its size, and whats more, more momentum than XIII had during the clash of the charging bodies. It was a simple physics problem, and the solution to it didn't work in his favor. Whats more, it was disgusting, as the virus was covered in snotty goo. He couldn't think straight, and that could cost him dearly....

... but luckily, his operator had seen this coming and was already reacting. She had a special chip tucked away in her pocket just for this contingency; Counter1. And it was already in the slot when she hit the jack in button.

It was an odd chip. Not necessarily a weapon or an item or a direct attack, but more something that blocked the oncoming attack and retaliated with a super powered gut punch. And whats more, it would override the claw on his dominant hand which was currently caught in the Armadill's armor.

It all seemed to happen in the blink of an eye. XIII's form broke free in the teleport a foot back, his enlarged hand wound back in the ready. with out a momen't hesitation, he sent the almost comically oversized fist careening towards the Armadill who had been stopped by the initial block. With any luck, not only would this attack connect, it would sent the attacking virus flying back into the remaining one.

Summary
Counter1 (70 + Impact + Break) ArmadillB
A giant metal fist overrides the claw that XIII had before it, and before it knew it, the Snot-covered virus was punched back and sent flying into the back of the battle routine and being utterly destroyed.
The other virus reacted in self-defense, spraying gunk out of its mouth at XIII, who anticipating an enemy attack, barrel-rolled to the side, leaving a nice line of goo where he once stood.

SnotArmadillA: 14 HP
SnotArmadillB: SMASHED

Terrain: 48% Normal, 52% Snot (Sand properties)

XIII.exe: 100 HP
((Yay, Kenshin did good!))

"One more..." XIII threw caution out the window now, running straight into the muck, drawing the sword from his hip and assuming the position for his special attack. As he closed in on the remaining Armadill, the arm holding the sword behind his back suddenly releasing itself and igniting in midair, bearing down on the enemy with intense fury. "Take this!"

Summary
Legendary Blade (3)(60dmg)(Fire) ArmadillA
The flaming swordsman bears down with his blade.
The monster growls and charges head on without rolling into a ball.
The two attacks collide, and a flash of light pierces the vision of all.
Who is the victor? What had happened.
As the light and smoke clears, a burning presence makes itself clear.

SnotArmadillA: CROSS COUNTERED
SnotArmadillB: SMASHED

Terrain: 48% Normal, 52% Snot (Sand properties)

XIII.exe: 90 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: 1200z
((hehe, wow, I can't belive I only did one action back there. I was in a real hurry I forgot to even add the dodges))

XIII spins the large blade around on his finger, ending the flourish with a fast flick of the blade. Usually in modern sword katas, the blood-flick was more just part of a routine, and since viruses here on the net didn't bleed, it was normally for nothing more than show. However, It was highly necessary this time, as the remaining snotty goo flew off the blade, leaving it almost completely clean. Had it been blood, the motion would have looked pretty awesome. But being what it was, the spectacle just looked mildly disgusting.
"Thank kami-sama I'm out of that pinch." The Navi thought out loud, further wiping his blade on the clean section of ground nearby before sliding it back into the large sheath at his hip. "Amazing work there with that Counter1, Remi. A slower reaction would not have been as favorable for me."

"We're not out of the snot... er, woods yet XIII. They'll get tougher, but good thing we know a little bit of what can happen."
XIII nodded in reply and after a bit of searching, the navi located the trail he had been following before. He proceeded to fallow it swiftly, but still cautiously, not wanting to get a nasty surprise from some exceptionally nasty viruses.

((Ready for battle #2, and sorry for the recent delays.)
Following the trail that he followed earlier. XIII heads off to find the Snorgmorphophage.
And encounters something quite random.
Three giant boogery blobs undulate and float about, blocking the way. Their forms are reminiscent of Mushys, but really, the gooey green snot design probably overrode the original appearance.
Suddenly, a giant red exclamation mark visualizes over one of the blobs' head. It seems to have spotted the flaming swordsman. The three converge on the navi, ready to... exterminate him?

"This isn't good," Curtis remarked, coughing and adjusting his glasses. "It seems the Snorgmorphophage is... reproducing," the Professor shuddered at the word, imagining the results.

SnorgmorphophageEggA: 200 HP
SnorgmorphophageEggB: 200 HP
SnorgmorphophageEggC: 200 HP

Terrain: 80% Normal, 20% Glass (scattered)

XIII.exe: 90 HP

-EGG EGG EGG-
-BATTLE 2-
-WIPE THEM OUT-
"Reproducing?!" Kasumi shot a startled look back at him. "Already? I didn't think Viruses could reproduce that quickly."

"Remi! We have to kill these here!" XIII yelled through the comlink. "I will die before these disgusting monstrosities can make more of themselves. The net is already crazy enough as is. We don't need snot monsters!" The expression on XIII's face was one of mixed determination. He did not want to fight more of these things, but if it meant not having to fight them ever again, he'd tough it out till the end of the mission.

Those eggs looked a little more resilient than their fully developed counterparts, but then again, they were practically huge egg-shaped lumps of viral mucus containing unprocessed viruses. But that also left to question what they could do. It seemed they could attack in some way, considering they were bearing down on him with murderous intent in their... snotty exteriors? yeah, no expressions or faces to speak of, so gauging a reaction would be difficult too.

"XIII, I'm sending in some chips. Try to take them down one at a time!" Kasumi rummaged through her folder and pulled out some chips. "Cannon, Cactball, Slot in!"

The navi charged the one in the middle, Throwing out the cactball at it then immediately letting the cannon-fire fly from his other hand. His hands had jettisoned the used data jsut as he came in close to his initial target, so XIII pulled his sword from his sheath, delivering two lightning-fast attacks before throwing his advance in reverse and retreating to a moderately safe location.

Summary
Cactball1 (3x20) SnorgmorphophageEggB
Cannon (40) SnorgmorphophageEggB
Buster Attack (2 dmg) SnorgmorphophageEggB
Buster Attack (2 dmg) SnorgmorphophageEggB
Dodge