Blowing Off Some Steam

Having deleted the Rush virus, ViralMan set to doing other more useful things, such as deletion of the other viruses. Pulling back a needle-studded gauntlet, he threw a punch towards the Handy, infesting it with crippling data. He then pulled out a Sword, with which he sliced up the bomb without much fanfare. Then, a second signature attack from him changed his buster into a crossbow, with which he shot an arrow towards the Dharma. More crippling ensued, and stuff like that. The Dharma whacked around more of its pucks, but it really seemed to be pretty useless as the puck hit the Handy instead.

-- ENEMIES --
Handy: 15 HP (Stun) (Slow) (Poison5)
Dharma: 60 HP (Blind) (Heal5)
Rush: DELETED AT LAST

-- OBJECTS --
None.

-- FORCES --
ViralMan.EXE: 180 HP (Normal) (Guard1)

-- TERRAIN --
30% Sea (Small lake in middle)
70% Normal
Once ViralMan was finished watching the Dharma blindly send a puck straight into its ally, he was afraid to look away. Not because it was bad, but because of what he'd have to see in doing so. But prolonging it wouldn't help. Looking at the open communication window, ViralMan grimaced as Zeo grinned widely. "Alright. It works really well," he admitted, tossing down the Guard he probably wouldn't need anymore thanks to his operator.

That didn't seem to be enough, though. "Anything else?" Zeo asked. ViralMan looked away. "Yes. You should stop smiling like that before your face gets stuck that way." Zeo frowned. It seemed legitimate until he spoke again. "Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep that in mind next time I program something for you. Here's some FireHits. Go punch things."

"Gladly," ViralMan responded as his arms flared up. Making a beeline for the Dharma, he sprinted toward it and clenched his burning fists tightly. First that dog dodges a MarkCannon, and now I'm going after a blinded virus. I'll never be able to live it down if I miss again. Upon getting close to the Dharma, ViralMan prepared to strike. "I really should have used this one on the hand-thing, but high five!" he shouted, making an open palm flaming strike at the blinded virus. He followed through with the attack and kept moving as the flames disappeared from his arm, going for a quick second strike before turning to the Handy.

"This other one seems even less capable of resistance, but here you go," Zeo said, accompanying the usual sound of a chip being inserted. ViralMan held up his hand and watched as it became host to several razor sharp claws. "We don't use this one too often." Zeo nodded, though his Navi couldn't see. "It would probably work well for your little joke back there, but you used it already." ViralMan sighed.

Moving toward the severely impaired virus, ViralMan raised the RageClaw up above his head. He saw no need to complicate this one, since the virus probably wasn't feeling too stellar anyway. Various bad hand related puns popped into his head as he got within range, but he dismissed them all with one powerful vertical swipe at the virus, presumably ending the battle. Still, he couldn't help but whirl around to make sure nothing else was coming to prove him wrong. Not exactly a terrible habit.

1. FireHit1 to Dharma (60, Impact)
2. FireHit1 to Dharma (60, Impact)
3. RageClaw1 to Handy (40, Slashing)
4. Dodge
-Passive: Data Absorption (15HP heal)
It wasn't very hard to kill crippled enemies, so ViralMan took care of the viruses without much in the way of having to exert much effort on it.

-- ENEMIES --
Handy: DELETED
Dharma: DELETED
Rush: DELETED AT LAST

-- OBJECTS --
None.

-- FORCES --
ViralMan.EXE: 180 HP (Normal) (Guard1)

-- TERRAIN --
30% Sea (Small lake in middle)
70% Normal

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[MagBolt1] Battlechip, 270z
"Finally," ViralMan sighed as he looked at the remains of the battlefield. "That was almost more trouble than it was worth. That thing had quite the dodging skill." He stopped and thought for a moment. "Makes me wonder what other kinds of viruses there are that we haven't seen." As he spoke, Zeo scanned the area himself. "Actually, we don't know what it was worth yet. What did you get for your trouble?"

ViralMan walked over to the remaining data and collected it. "MagBolt. Seems like it'd be useful with Sword... if it didn't already do more damage. Sending it your way now." After a short chime, Zeo received the data and checked it. "I'm sure we'll find a use for it. For the time being, let's keep going." ViralMan replied with a quick affirmative before leaving the small lake area behind.

(Battle 2)
((Bump.))
After a bit of traveling, ViralMan happened upon yet more viruses to bust. Two Dharma were waving around with some hockey sticks around a couple of Heavy viruses, directly in front of a small stream behind them. They seemed kinda bored with the lack of Navis to challenge, so they were pretty excited when they saw ViralMan approach, and readied themselves for battle!

-- ENEMIES --
Heavy A: 75 HP
Heavy B: 75 HP
Dharma A: 90 HP
Dharma B: 90 HP

-- NAVIGATOR --
ViralMan.EXE: 180 HP

-- TERRAIN --
70% Normal
30% Sea (Small stream behind viruses)

-- BATTLE 02, READY? START!! --
"Alright, we've got some viruses up ahead," ViralMan reported to Zeo coolly. "I just finished off one of the guys over there, and those other ones... well, no idea."

Zeo checked his PET screen. "They look like... dumbbells." His free hand began clawing through the battlechips piled on his desk. "Scan shows that they aren't too powerful in the HP department, but be careful anyway. Let's start off with something fun."

ViralMan glanced upward suspiciously, but decided to simply roll with it and started to approach the hostile viruses. He heard a tone indicating battlechip insertion as he did, and held out an arm to receive it. Rather than find something completely useless, ViralMan found himself being propelled along the ground much faster as the received DashAttack caused him to build up speed. He took the chip's acceleration in stride, pushing off the ground and somehow managing to angle himself in the Dharmas' direction. The chip carried him straight through the viruses in a speedy tackle before disappearing from his arm and leaving him to hit the ground and roll before coming to an awkward stop.

"That could have gone worse. I'm getting better with it," ViralMan said a bit pridefully. As another battlechip went into the PET, Zeo smiled. "Yeah, sure. Now go get those weird dumbbells before they crush you or something. Fancy new chip inbound along with its good friend."

Left to decipher what that meant, ViralMan rose to his feet cautiously as a large magnet appeared on his arm. He dismissed his immediate skepticism and started running at the Heavies. "Alright, let's see how this works!" he cried out as he jumped into the air in front of one of the viruses. Rather than bother using the magnet's much more practical magnet feature, ViralMan decided to smack the Heavy with the electrified end of the weapon from close up. He struck at the virus in midair, landing afterward and running around the viruses while a sword began to form on his other arm.

The weapon was fully operational within a few seconds, and ViralMan wasted no time in charging at the second Heavy with the blade held out above his head. He placed his now-free hand on the "hilt" of the weapon and took one final step before attacking. The strike was slightly more forceful due to the Navi's other hand supporting the swing, but the effect seemed minimal. The sword made a clean vertical cut at the dumbbell virus's thinner center, hopefully cleaving straight through. ViralMan landed on his feet and pushed off the ground in a short sprint to get distance from the viruses.

"That was pretty good," Zeo admitted, "But you could have just used the magnetic part of the magnet like you're supposed to," he joked. ViralMan waved the point away. "My way's more definite. I'll pull things when they'll actually survive the initial pull." Zeo let it go and sent his Navi one last chip. Soon, ViralMan was faced with a slightly heavier burden as a giant hammer dropped into his hands.

"And this is for...?" the Navi asked, a bit confused. Zeo grinned. "For fun. Those round things, Dharmas, they attack using hockey pucks, right?" His Navi indicated the affirmative with a suspicious nod. "So, when they do, just hit it back!"

"..."

"What?"

"This isn't going to end well, that's what. Tell you what: I'll indulge you, and later when I'm suffering from puck wounds you'll agree to never do this again." He shifted the hammer in his hands. "Agreed?" Zeo didn't see any other choice and nodded, still grinning slightly. "C'mon, just do your best. All work and no play, right?"

ViralMan grunted in response, moving his hands toward the end of the hammer to give his swing more momentum. Meanwhile, his auto-healing function prepared itself. Hopefully it wouldn't be needed.

1. DashAttack to Dharma A (90 Impact, C)
2. MagBolt1 to Heavy B (90 Elec, B)
3. Sword to Heavy A (80 Slashing, B)
4. BigHammer1, attempt to counter Dharma attack by hitting it back
((Bump))
ViralMan smashed the first Dharma with a powerful tackle, then came to a rolling stop. Both Heavies teleported, but the magnet hit was just as effective from the new location. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to find the other one with his sword before it swung in from the side, knocking him over. The other Dharma launched its puck, but ViralMan countered at the last second with a bighammer, sending it careening into the distance.

The navi relieved himself of the little damage he'd taken using his auto-healing.

-- ENEMIES --
Heavy A: DELETED
Heavy B: 75 HP
Dharma A: DELETED
Dharma B: 90 HP

-- NAVIGATOR --

-- TERRAIN --
70% Normal
"..."

ViralMan stared at the deflected puck as it sped away into the distance. He remained silent for a moment before frowning. "...shut up," he mumbled to his operator as the BigHammer disappeared from his hands. He stepped forward and looked at the Heavy, then at the Dharma. "Hey, that stupid thing has another puck ready!"

"Yeah, I didn't think it would be stopped by that," Zeo admitted. "These guys are surprisingly resourceful; makes me wonder who programmed them. Anyway, time to do some damage." Zeo proceeded to insert a battlechip into his PET, the device sounding off as he did. ViralMan was soon sporting a hefty arm cannon crackling with electricity. "Now that we have a practical chip more powerful than this guy, I can stop being so reserved about using it," he said with slight relief. "Time to shock that stupid dumbbell."

Being more used to the weight of the ElecReel cannon, ViralMan was able to head for the virus that attacked him with relative ease. When he was a bit closer, he began to aim at the Heavy. "This thing moves too much," he complained as he tried to draw a bead on it. This continued until ViralMan realized he was just asking to get attacked again. "Alright, screw it. This thing fires electricity; it can probably compensate if I miss by a foot." ViralMan activated the ElecReel, sending a hectic bolt of electricity careening toward the Heavy. Immediately retreating from his current position, ViralMan backed up a bit and then headed closer to the Dharma.

"What now, Zeo?" he asked as he moved closer whilst watching the viruses for signs of an attack. In response, Zeo sifted through the chip pile and picked one out. "It'll be hard for the Dharma to avoid this one. Sending Wideshot."

ViralMan glanced around quickly before rolling his eyes and smirking. "Oh wow, some warning. Must be a special occasion." Holding out his hand, he watched as it was replaced with an awkward looking weapon with a wide opening. He examined it for a few seconds to re-familiarize himself with the chip, then pointed it at the Dharma. "Eat... water, I guess." The resulting projectile of water shot out of the weapon and continued toward the target virus at a steady pace. Before ViralMan could even ascertain whether it had made contact, he was looking at a fancy staff manifesting itself in his hand.

"Meteor9," Zeo explained. "We got it from the NP/NM donation thing. Just let it go and it'll float and provide you with some covering fire." ViralMan did so, and watched with some interest as the thing began to float and glow faintly. "Fine by me. Send me Counter and I'll hold out until this thing clears everything out. Hopefully." Zeo casually plucked the chip off the desk and slid it into his PET. "Alright, you're set. Let's hope that staff has good aim."

1. ElecReel1 to Heavy B (80 Elec, Spread 3)
2. Wideshot1 to Dharma B (60 Aqua, Wide Attack)
3. Meteor9 (30 Fire, summons a 100HP staff to call down three meteors per turn)
4. Counter1 (70, Impact, Break, defends against one attack, then teleports and counters)
((Bump.))
((Bump.))
The heavy was electrocuted on sight before it could do anything, but then it gave the Dharma a chance to swipe ViralMan off the floor with its gigantic puck. Though it was able to bask in the glory of landing a hit, the virus was quickly hit by a Wideshot and a double-dose of falling meteors, ending his reign of terror once and for all.

What was left of the virus, a long puck, quickly decomposed into a simple data crystal for ViralMan to loot!

-- ENEMIES --
Heavy A: DELETED
Heavy B: DELETED
Dharma A: DELETED
Dharma B: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --

--OBJECT--
Meteor9: 100 HP

-- TERRAIN --
70% Normal

-BATTLE WON!-
400z + [Airhockey] BattlechipAirHockey1
Damage: 50 + Break + Ground Attack + Rebound(3)
Accuracy: B / F
Description: Throws a hockey puck at the enemy. The puck will bounce off of anything it hits (objects, viruses, Navis, etc.) in the field, dealing damage to them, up to 3 times. The more it bounces around the less accurate it becomes. The attack stops immediately if it encounters a broken or missing panel. You can hit yourself with this chip!
Duration: Once
Element: Null
Special: Accuracy drops to F for rebound (or bank-shot) attacks, as the puck is hard to predict.
"Wow, it worked," ViralMan said with surprise as he relaxed his stance. "That thing could come in handy later on."

Zeo spoke while retrieving his used chips from the PET. "Yeah, especially if we run into wood viruses. Maybe it'd be a good idea to hit Netfrica sometime soon with all these fire chips."

ViralMan gave a noncommittal shake of his helmeted head before replying. "Sooner or later. We just got to your fancy new apartment, so let's focus on settling in. I'm gonna keep going."

After receiving a quick sound representing approval from his operator, ViralMan waded through the stream opposite the battlefield and kept going.

((Battle 3))
Venturing into the Yoka network, ViralMan was soon walking on a small main road, leading to a small secluded area of the network. The road led to some cobblestone-styled path, which made way to a large hot spring, complete with hot stones around its perimeter. Unfortunately, it seemed to have been taken over by some opportunistic viruses, two of which were gigantic Puffy viruses, standing guard at the entrance for three Raingears in the pool. They turned to see ViralMan, and immediately turned hostile!

-- ENEMIES --
Puffy-F A: 100 HP (Coal)
Puffy-F B: 100 HP (Coal)
Raingear A: 80 HP (Onsen)
Raingear B: 80 HP (Onsen)
Raingear C: 80 HP (Onsen)

-- NAVIGATOR --
ViralMan.EXE: 180 HP (Normal)

-- TERRAIN --
50% Onsen (Pool)
20% Coal (Perimeter of pool)
30% Normal (Path leading to pool)

-- BATTLE 03, READY? START!! --
"Woah, that looks a little imposing."

ViralMan stopped within view of the hot spring, warily staring down the large Puffy viruses that floated in his way. "They don't look friendly. How should we start this off?" he called to his operator. Zeo leaned in closer to the PET as he surveyed the area. "I don't think you're going to get to the onsen while those puffers are there."

Approaching the bath slowly, ViralMan looked from the Puffy viruses to the Raingears and smiled slightly. "I have an idea. It might not work how I want it to, but it might be fun." Zeo smirked. "Okay, just tell me what you need." The Navi cast his eyes upward in thought for a moment. "Start my defensive process and throw me a DashAttack. When I land, ElecReel." Zeo complied promptly, pressing a few buttons on his PET and sliding DashAttack in afterward. "Godspeed, buddy," he joked.

"Punny," ViralMan acknowledged with a slight laugh before raising one hand in the air to receive his shield and the other for his DashAttack. "Alright, let's go!" he shouted, accelerating into a run. When he had gained some speed, ViralMan held the DashAttack out in front of himself and lifted off the ground using it. As he did, ViralMan painstakingly placed his shield at the point of the DashAttack to keep it in place using his forward momentum. With this setup, he charged at the first Puffy and struck as he passed it, attempting to move across to the other side of the onsen. As he came to a stop, he spun around to find an Elecreel forming on his right arm. ViralMan quickly pointed the crackling armament at one of the Raingears. "Sorry to interrupt your bath, but this establishment is reserved!" he quipped loudly, unleashing a large bolt of electricity at the bathing viruses.

As the Elecreel on his arm began to disappear, ViralMan moved away from the onsen and prepared to avoid the attacks of any survivors. "That looked fun," Zeo commented, stretching in his chair. ViralMan gave a quick response, still wary of enemy attack as his automatic healing process prepared itself. "As long as it was effective, too."

1/2. DashAttack w/StimShield "attached" @ Puffy-F A through to opposite side of onsen (90 damage, 1-hit shield w/2TCD)
3. Elecreel1 @ RaingearA + B/C (80x3, Spread 3 [side+behind])
4. Dodge

Dashing past the Puffy towards the back, ViralMan wasted no time in unleashing an electrical storm upon the Raingears, completely incinerating them in no time flat. The Puffy turned around extra-slowly, and released some red bubbles towards him. They were so slow that he didn't even need to expend any kind of effort in dodging them, and he watched them float past his sides.

-- ENEMIES --
Puffy-F A: 10 HP (Coal)
Puffy-F B: 100 HP (Coal)
Raingear A: DELETED
Raingear B: DELETED
Raingear C: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Puffy Fire Bubble A: 10 HP [Homing: ViralMan]
Puffy Fire Bubble B: 10 HP [Homing: ViralMan]

-- NAVIGATOR --
ViralMan.EXE: 180 HP (Normal)

-- TERRAIN --
50% Onsen (Pool)
20% Coal (Perimeter of pool)
30% Normal (Path leading to pool)
"Alright, you've got some flaming bubbles inbound! Better watch yourself." Zeo knew he had to be serious about this, because not doing so would probably hurt them in the end. He began rifling through the scattered pile of chips on his desk while ViralMan took his time responding.

"How does that even work?" ViralMan mused, pacing forwards as the bubbles passed him and began a lazy turn to give chase. "Bubbles come from liquid. It's an oxymoron."[/COLOR]

Zeo began to regret his comment. Saying anything at all had been a mistake, because ViralMan now seemed more inclined to have a leisurely chat about the physics of flaming virus bubbles. He tried to remedy the situation. "We can work it out later. Right now, seeing as those bubbles are busy on a return trajectory, I think we should move in for the kill."

ViralMan agreed, nodding and increasing his movement to a relaxed run. His expression turned determined as Zeo selected a chip from his pile. "We'll start out with the obvious move. Fight fire with water!" he exclaimed as he slid Wideshot into the PET. A loud banging sound originating from the apartment wall reminded him of his location and acceptable decibel levels. He called out a hurried "Sorry!" before returning his attention to his PET.

Meanwhile, ViralMan had finished closing in on the remaining viruses and was now pointing the wide-mouthed cannon at them. "You sure they're close enough together for this?" he asked offhandedly, more concerned with lining up the shot from his mid-range. Zeo looked through his Navi's view at the viruses uncertainly. "I'm not sure, but put a bias toward the uninjured one. I'd rather remove it first." Without showing any particular acknowledgement, ViralMan shifted his aim slightly and fired, the wide wave of water skimming the air as it flew toward the fire viruses. Before it could reach them, Zeo was already reaching for another battlechip.

"We should strike while the iron's hot. Keep going with this." Another chip slid into the PET while ViralMan glanced behind himself at the approaching bubbles and began moving forward again.

"What happened to your usual enthusiasm? It may have been a little inappropriate, but at least I could hear everything you were saying," he said as the Wideshot made contact with something and produced a loud splash.

Zeo's cheeks reddened. "Indoor voice only from now on. At least while we're indoors." He glanced up at the wall. "Complaints from the neighbors are the last thing I need after getting this place at my age." ViralMan smirked at this, finding both his operator's resignation and choice of battlechip amusing. Still moving toward the viruses, he drew back his right hand before casting it forward in a sweeping motion. Some catharsis may have been involved, but any sound the Navi could've made at that point was drowned out by the thundering of a giant log materializing above him with a dangerous amount of forward momentum. The log rolled forward with good speed, hopefully spelling the end of the battle.

"And if it doesn't, I'm just going to shoot them." ViralMan navigated through his HUD as he said this, picking out all of his more direct forms of attack. After one last check behind him to ascertain the status of the bubbles, he allowed his automatic repair program to take precedence.

1. Move forward, toward viruses and away from bubbles [Tactical movement]
2. Wideshot1 [60, A, Wide Attack] to Puffy-F A, B (focus on B)
3. Dodge/move forward again
4. RollingLog1 [50, C, Ground, Wide Attack] to Puffy-F A, B (Focus on A)
*Passive: Data Absorption (15HP Heal)
Seemingly unfazed by the floating fiery bubbles, ViralMan stepped forward, only to unless a mighty watery blast wave that promptly smashed into the two remaining viruses, quickly deleting them in a wave of steamy mist. Those bubbles suddenly popping harmlessly behind him.

Enemies
Puffy-F A: Deleted
Puffy-F B: Deleted
Raingear A: Deleted
Raingear B: Deleted
Raingear C: Deleted

Terrain
50% Onsen [Pool]
20% Coal [Perimeter of Pool]
30% Normal [Path leading to Pool]

Ally
ViralMan.EXE: 180HP [Normal]