MachMan.EXE VS SplashMan.EXE

As the Navis jack in, their Net Operators are shown a 3-D model of the arena their Navis will be fighting in with various features labeled and highlighted as the presentation runs. At the end of the presentation, the environmental statistics for this arena are displayed for reference.

Quote (The Underworld)

The center of the arena itself is a flat, circular plane, with a few small walls and columns to use as cover, or as vantage points. The columns are simple rounded rectangles, standing up lengthwise about 8 feet in height. They are not secured to the floor and can be knocked over, unlike the few small walls. At the walls of the arena are four pits. The walls of the upper arena are covered in a large netting that allows it to be grabbed onto and clung to, but is otherwise un-noteworthy.

The pits surrounding the center of the arena drop down into a second, lower half of the arena that is exactly as wide as the first, but is much taller than the upper arena. Close to the edges of this 'underground' arena are four small, circular platforms; these send a navi flying directly upward to ground-level, and are placed below the four pits. They must be specifically triggered, however, and do not trigger when navis enter the lower arena by dropping from above.

At the far walls of the underground arena are four additional, angled boosters which catapult a navi up to one of four horizontal platforms on the walls of the lower arena; these four small platforms each have two hand grips on the wall next to them that will pull a navi to the next platform over, either to the left or right.

---Terrain---
Upper Level: Normal (96%), Hole (4%)

Lower Level: Normal (88%), Spring Panel (4%), Booster Pad (8%)

Note: Hole Terrain means you can fall through it to reach the lower level. Hole Terrain cannot be changed.

Note 2: Breaking the panels of the upper level means creating holes Navis can fall to the lower level through. These are Broken Panels, and can either regenerate in a couple of tuyrns or be repaired/changed into something else, unlike Hole Terrain.

---Objects---

Hematite Column (300 HP) [4 ea. on upper level]
-- Can be knocked over, and rolled.
-- Can be stood upon.
-- Can be used for cover.
-- Too heavy to lift, throw, or send flying with microburst.

Hematite Barricade (150 HP) [4 ea. on upper level]
-- Can be used for cover.
-- Immovable

Hematite Cube (300 HP, extremely heavy) [4 ea. on lower level]
-- Tethered to the ceiling by ropes, which can be cut with a single slashing attack.
-- Can be stood upon, even while tethered.
-- Cannot be moved other than cutting them loose.
-- Immovable once on the ground, and may be used for cover.
-- Deal 100 Null Damage if they fall upon a Navi, and break instantly.

For Reference: The upper area is approximately 15 feet high. The lower area is approximately 45 feet high. The platforms on the lower level are 25 feet from the ground, as are the hanging cubes.

The Navis, on the other hand, appear on the upper level of the arena, a moderate distance from each other, and are not given any of the data their Operators received. The Navis would be given a few moments to themselves before the match actually began....
Considering one operator/Navi team was already at the Colosseum, and one wasn't, it was rather obvious that the former was the first to appear on the battlefield. However, the Navi didn't seem entirely...as advertised.

"So...this is where we're going to fight?" For a Navi whose listed name ended with 'Man', it didn't look very manly..."Now I'm getting nervous again..."

"Y-Yeah..." Not even the operator could escape her nerves now that they were actually there..."Great, now I'M nervous. I mean, I think we're good and, but we've never battled another Navi like this before..."

"Yeah...speaking of which, I wonder where our opponent is?" For the sake of practice, the Navi started to twirl her spear around, as she waited for MachMan to show up.
Machman and Aera warped into the brightly lit arena in a pair of cyan flashes. They both look around the arena, taking in the surroundings.
Interesting battle space.
I think our opponent is waiting for us, Mach.
They both approached the Navi, and Mach extended a hand shake.
Hello, I'm Machman, and this is Aera. SplashMan I presume?
...What the? This guy didn't even flinch at the fact the 'man' he was supposed to be facing did not, in fact, look like a man at all. Either he was really hard to freak out, he didn't care at all, or she looked a lot less feminine like this than she was led to believe. The latter of which probably insinuated that DNR was actually gay.

"Uh, y-yeah..." That was it. That was all SplashLady could get out as she accepted the hand shake. "Nice to finally meet you, MachMan." She looked over Aera for a few moments, trying to comprehend why, exactly, she was there. "I hope you're not fighting, too...two against one's unfair!"

"Yeah...about that. I think that's a Support Program, SplashM-Lady." Sabrina looked thoughtfully at the hologram in front of her, featuring the three conscious entities at the moment. "I don't know too much about them, but the rules didn't say anything about them not being allowed. So yeah, it's two against one, and there's nothing we can do about it. It's really our own fault for never getting one before now..."

"Okay, okay, I get the point..." Okay, time to review what she knew about her opponent: his name made him sound like he was really fast, his wings seemed to point out that he could fly, and thanks to his Support Program he outnumbered her. And that was about it. ...All of sudden, she did NOT like her odds, and unconsciously gulped due to it.
Machman was slightly confused by SplashMan's effeminate appearance, but knew it really wasn't any of his business.
I'm looking forward to our match. Good luck.

Machman and Aera took a few steps back, near one of the hematite barriers before they turned back to SplashMan, ready to begin.

((Ready))
...And he still didn't care. Funny how she was the freaked out one from the whole thing. SplashLady moved back a bit, before widening her stance and pointing her spear towards MachMan. "Guess I'm ready as I'll ever be..."

"Deep breaths, now! Don't freak out!" Granted, now that they were actually here, she was pretty close to doing it herself, but if she did so, there was no way her Navi was going to stay focused. Not a chance in Hades. "Okay, l-let's do this!"

(READY)
The lights dimmed dramatically as the two friendly navis took their starting position.

"
The first round match between SplashMan" the announcer began, with each combatant being briefly spotlighted when their name was stated, "And MachMan shall not get under way!

Ready. . .
" began the announcer, the lights dimming slightly further to heighten the drama.

"
Begin!" The shout came with the sudden resurgence of light, bathing the field very briefly in a flash of white, though not in any sort of blinding proportions. It resumed to normal as the voice faded from the echoing battlefield.

Both Navis, in their quarters, were free to begin their first, and hopefull not last, fight of the tournament.

Battle Summary:

SplashMan.EXE: 240 HP

MachMan.EXE: 100 HP
Aera.SP: 50 HP

Terrain:
Same as listed in first post, save any battle-related changes below:
[No changes]

((You may PM me within the next three days.))
As the announcer introduced the two competitors, Machman transmitted a message to both Aera and Mazer, silently. It read:
[[i]Alright, the plan is to hit the enemy hard and fast. This Navi can take over twice as many hits as me, so I don't want to give him room to even breathe. As soon as this starts, Aera, I want you to immediately attack then take cover behind the barrier to the right. I will then knock him back and continue to keep up the attack. Let's do this![/i]]

Mazer and Aera quickly read the message as several blue pieces of metal ejected from Machman's back and zipped to different areas within the arena. With his sensor array set, he should have an informational advantage in this match. The announcer began the fight, and Aera immediately fired a bright, blue-tinged bolt of electricity towards Splashman, aimed to the center of his chest. The bolt tore towards its target at nearly the speed of light, but created zero recoil. Aera fell back from her starting position using a soaring back flip and tumble over to the Hematite barrier directly behind her. She easily sailed over the barrier and ducked down behind it and tried to put the barrier between her and any counter fire.

At the same time Aera attacked, Machman's wings spun around and pointed their thrusters forward. Machman fired all of his thrusters at full power in one quick, area rumbling blast. The bright flash of cyan flames were accompanied by a large wave of hot, fast moving air. The wave of air would have no chance to outrun the bolt of electricity, but hopefully would have caught Splashman before he even had a chance to lift a foot off the ground. The wave surges forward and hopefully interrupted Splashman's movements and possibly have sent him flying backwards. Machman raised his buster, and took careful aim at his possibly rapidly moving target. With several angles of visual, radar, and infra red video feeds, he knew exactly where his target was moving, and where it would move to. He solidified his aim and fired his buster. The buster did not fire a solid object, or even an energy blast, but a highly compacted pocket of compressed air. This was no pushover weapon, since the amount of pressure stored in that small pocket had enough power to knock over buildings and flip cars. Such pressure should send a small object like a Navi flying into the wall.

As soon as his buster fired, it changed back to his normal hand, and a large mounting bracket folded out from underneath his forearm. As it clicked into position, a large three-barreled vulcan chain gun materialized and secured itself to the mounting bracket. As a trigger assembly swung up from the mounting bracket and into his waiting hand, Machman's wings swung back into position and charged up before they provided full thrust on command. Machman blurred out of sight due to his incredibly high acceleration. In less than a second, Machman moved from nearly a dead stop all the way over to Splashman's position, slipped behind him and slightly above, and went back into a dead stop. Mach's vulcan was already spun up as he aimed directly at Splashman's back. The vulcan roared to life and lit up the immediate area with a constant cone of muzzle flash as it unleashed a deadly stream of nearly a hundred 30mm armor-piercing rounds. As Machman dumped his entire ammo supply on the aqua Navi, he quickly backpedaled over the closest hole in the ground to the lower level. His vulcan died down as it spent all of its ammunition and spooled down, its barrels glowed red from the heat of use. Machman drew his left arm in front of his body as the gem on the back of his hand shone brightly. A large yellow shield formed in front of him as he descended down into the hole and deflected any counter attacks. He slipped down to the lower level, and maneuvered his way past the pads what would send him flying back up into the upper level.

[[i]Sit tight, Aera. I am right below you. Let me know if he starts to target you.[/i]]

ACTIONS:
Machman
Aera: Attack: Splashman.EXE (70dmg Elec)
Aera: Strategic Action: Move behind the right Hematite Barrier
Gust: Splashman.EXE (Disrupt movement, knock him back)
Airshot1: Splashman.EXE (20dmg + Microburst [+ Take Aim])
SCRAM Boost: Machman.EXE (Teleport behind/above Splashman.EXE)
Rising Barrage: Splashman.EXE (25dmg x4 + Breaking + Strategic Action [Move over hole]
Guard1: Machman.EXE (reflect 1 attack up to 60dmg)
Dodge

Active Sigs:
SCRAM Boost: 2 Turns Remaining
Rising Barrage: 4 Turns Remaining
Overwatch: Used with Airshot
Yeesh, even the announcer apparently wasn't even noting the obvious disparity between the Aqua Navi's name and the Navi's appearance. Not that it was that big a deal, but one would've thought someone would've at least pointed that out by now...it was just weird.

"Begin!"

"Uh...did anyone just hear a noise?" SplashLady clutched her spear nervously, her eyes darting around in a quick attempt to try and locate something that might've made a sound.

"Don't spaz on me now! Just act like this is any other battle, and you'll be fine! Now, let's go!" Sabrina had already taken out a pair of chips from her tournament provided folder, having already come up with a plan. One featured panels of a battlefield apparently changing colors, the other having a picture of a red virus with wings, and magnets for arms crackling with electricity. "Battlechip, AreaGrab! Battlechip, MagBolt! Double...SLOT IN!"

The water Navi released her grip with her right hand, as she vanished from her present location, and warped to...directly above her opponent? In addition, in place of her right hand, a gray magnet with red tips and base now existed, and just as intense with electrical energy as the chip picture it resembled. Extending this rather unorthodox weapon, she dropped a few feet down onto MachMan, magnet first, and preferably giving the aerial Navi a lesson in magnetism, and how it can paralyze a Navi stiff for a short period of time.

Before her Navi could even think about reacting on her own, the Netopian girl whipped out another chip, this time featuring something that vaguely resembled a buster with a concave opening. However, the interior seemed to be...red? "Okay, now use this to get some distance between you two! Battlechip, AirShot! Slot in!"

An apparatus identical to that featured on the chip took the place of the Elec weapon that occupied the space SplashLady's right hand would normally take up. Sure, it didn't LOOK like something that would be called AirShot, but nonetheless, she used MachMan as a springboard to go airborne, then, while she was still diagonally above him, as well as still facing him, pointed the 'gun' towards him and let out a single, highly concentrated burst of wind at her intended target Navi. The sheer force of the shot caused the aquatic Navi to go sailing back, before landing on the floor.

...And again, before her Navi had a chance to think about what was going on, Sabrina transferred still another chip; this particular chip featured a blowfish, expanded enough that it looked like it was about to burst like a balloon. "Okay, now go ahead and stay where you are! I'll handle the rest of this! Battlechip, AquaNeedle! Slot in!"

The Navi glanced up, and watched as three needles suddenly materialized in the sky, and began to drop, one at a time, towards her opponent. Three sounds were made as they embedded themselves in something; unfortunately, she was too busy trying not to think about it to tell if those sounds signified whether they landed on a Navi, SP, floor, or anything else that they could have possibly landed on.

"And here's a little defense, just in case!" One final chip was used, with this once containing a chip with a Mettaur deflecting an attack with its helmet. "Battlechip, Guard! Slot in!"

A yellow and green shield appeared in front of SplashLady, who suddenly blinked at the sight of it. Perhaps it was that sudden burst of color in front of her. Maybe it was that she finally felt like she was guaranteed that she could last a few seconds without getting attacked. Or perhaps it just that she finally put 2 and 2 together at what she had pulled off. But she finally came to the realization that she had a brain that she wasn't especially using, and could change that.

"Sabrina!! This was a terrible idea! Forfeit, quick!"

"What?!" That...was not what one wanted to hear from their Navi during a tournament battle, especially AFTER a round of attacks. "Relax! I mean, it's not like you're already losing horribly. And I think you did a pretty good job with those attacks, even if you were creepy quiet during it all."

"..." Not entirely convinced, the Aqua Navi looked around, in case MachMan tried attacking from another angle and she had to whip the shield over to another direction.

[Order of Turn:
1-AreaGrab chip to on top of MachMan (teleports user)
2-MagBolt1 chip attack on MachMan (90, Elec, stuns)
3-AirShot1 chip attack on MachMan; angled to get maximum distance between the Navis (20, Microburst)
4-AquaNeedle1 chip attack on MachMan ([20+10]x3, Aqua) (Aqua Boost)
5-Guard1 chip attack (60-, Reflects an attack)]
And the match was off to a dashing start!

MachMan began by ordering his his SP and operator around; SplashMan by nearly having a collapse. Both strategies pulled through for them.

The flighty speed Navi fired shots at his opponent using both a powerful Airblast and his own thrusters to knock the female water navi off guard. Aera, too, set out to attack, but as she was no where near the others' speeds, she trailed behind (which would serve to be good for her).

However, suddenly, the target disappeared, avoiding the blast in the process, and reappeared behind MachMan! Suddenly armed with a magnet, the voltage of which could be devastating to the speed demon, SplashMan would too have the situation turned on her as MachMan teleported above and behind her.

Splashman attempted to recover from the shock off driving her drill into thin air in time to turn and face her opponent. Sadly, in the transition time, MachMan pulled off two blasts of his Rising Barrage. Seeing the need for it, she shot MachMan with her Airblast, sending the Navi careening up and through the air; the recoil sending the ladylike figure of SplashMan, which had still been airborne, flying into the ground in the opposite direction. On the brighter side for SplashMan, while she had just thrown herself into the ground, MachMan's remaining two shots missed.

On the brighter side for MachMan, as he careened through the air due to the force of the blast, Aera finally got her shot out, and hit the stationary navi dealing massive damage as the electricity coursed through her water-alligned body. The SP then turned to dive behind a barrier.

SplashMan too this moment to stand herself up, while MachMan redirected his momentum and headed towards one of the holes in the stage. As the needles of SplashMan's attack formed, MachMan turned to face her and held up a guard, to late for the Navi to call off the attack. SplashMan would be hit soon after, as the first quill dug it's way into the shield and redirected all the energy of the attack at her. The second needle, however, would hit MachMan as the shield disappeared, and the thrid would land far to the right, disappearing into nothingness.

SplashMan then held up her own shield and defended against the air from the center of the stage, while Aera finally got behind her won barrier, and MachMan descended to the lower level.

Battle Summary:

SplashMan.EXE: 90 HP [Center Stage, Upper Level] [Guard active Until Further Action is taken]

MachMan.EXE: 50 HP [Lower level, beneath hole entry]
Aera.SP: 50 HP [Upper Level, Behind Hermatite barrier]

Terrain:
[No changes]

That was close. I didn't expect him to use the same strategy.
[Well, we managed to inflict some serious damage, so lets try to finish it now. Heal up and take him out.]
Mazer slotted in Recov50, Barrier, AreaGrab, Varitails1, and Guard chips into the PET, and Machman activated the first two at the same time. He started to glow a bright green as all of his damage was completely repaired and the red gems on his hands started to glow. As the recovery program completely restored his programming, an almost see-through red dome of light came into view, then became nearly invisible to give Mach maximum visibility.

Aera was cut off from Machman, and she was in danger of getting attacked by Splashman. She eyed the hematite barrier off to her side, quickly checked over her current cover, and bolted over to the barrier. Her thruster wings blasted her across the gap and cut out just before she got behind the barrier. She touched down and rolled forward behind the barrier. She paused behind the barrier and scanned above and behind her as her right hand and arm crackled and sparked with electricity. If Splashman decided to pursue the SP, he would not find her an easy target, since she was prepared to bring several thousand volts of pain his way. She had tapped into Machman's sensor overwatch network, and knew exactly where Splashman would be, when she chose to attack. She sent a wireless message to Machman to alert him of her change of position.
[[i]Mach, I've changed cover. I moved from the North barrier to the East barrier, and I'm in position.[/i]]
[[i]Understood, Aera. I'm going to re-engage, so watch your fire.[/i]]
[[i]Gotcha.[/i]]

{Alright, here I go.}
Machman activated the area grab chip, his body seemed to blur a little before going back to normal. He looked around somewhat confused, since he didn't seem to see anything different from before. He trusted Mazer properly uploaded the chip data, and quickly boosted over to one of the holes leading to the upper level. He bolted through the hole and entered the upper level. He was then reassured that he chip worked, because he noticed both Splashman and Aera practically frozen in time. He quickly moved into position above Splashman before the effects of the chip wore out. Mach paused in the air above his motionless opponent. One of his wing fragments floated to his hand, and he plucked it out of the air with his right hand. He then grabbed the other end with his left hand and started to pull. The wing started to split and lengthen into a nearly 5 foot long segmented whip. The other three wings pointed their thrusters straight down and spread away from Machman's body. They then charged up as the prepared to release a full-powered burn on command.

{Gotta get me one of these!}
As soon as the AreaGrab chip effect stopped (when Machman suddenly appeared over Splashman, in the everyone else's point of view), the thrusters opened up with a loud, full powered blast. Three massive plumes of cyan flame erupted from the wing nozzles and created a massive downward-facing wall of air to pin Splashman to the floor and hold him in place. Machman then drew his right arm back and swung it down. The segmented, chain-like whip followed Mach's arm movement and struck out towards Splashman. Mach's eyes began to glow as he brought his right arm up, then left, right, diagonally downwards, upwards, then blurred out of sight as Mach performed a blazing combination of 9 increasingly fast, slashing whip cuts. The segmented blades passed mere inches from Machman's face and body as they whizzed past to only dive back down towards their target. Machman finished his assault by whipping his right arm out and away from his body. The whip curled back as it imitated Mach's moves, but it froze into position and stuck straight out from its base in Mach's hand. The segmented plates dove back to their original positions and slid into place in a flurry of clanks and sparks. Machman released his wing and it floated back into position to his back.

Since he finished his whip attack (that could have made even Ivy jealous), he quickly switched into defense by bringing his left arm in front of his body at around the same time the whip folded back into his 4th wing. A large yellow guard shield formed over his body, centered at the glowing red gem on the back of his hand. The curved dome of a shield covered his entire body, and should be able to save his hide from a retaliatory attack, if Splashman was still standing.

Aera was still behind the barrier, but if she didn't already use up her electrical charge to defend herself earlier, she would have taken the opportunity to take a well aimed shot at Splashman and would have sent a bright bolt of electricity straight towards him.

ACTIONS:
Machman
Recover50: Machman.EXE (Recover 50HP)
Barrier: Machman.EXE (1 Hit Barrier)
Aera: Dodge
Area Grab: Machman.EXE (Teleport above Splashman)
Gust: Force Splashman to the ground
Varitails1: Splashman.EXE (10dmg x9 + Slashing)
Guard1: Machman.EXE (reflect one attack up to 60dmg)
Aera: Attack: Splashman.EXE (70dmg Elec) [+ Take Aim]

Active Sigs:
SCRAM Boost: 1 Turn Remaining
Rising Barrage: 3 Turns Remaining
Overwatch: Used with Aera's Attack
With her opponents appearing to already start to make their moves, SplashLady prepared for whatever plans she would be subject to. But, as the pain from all the attacks she had just taken began to set in, she found herself unable to move. In fact, her one movement seemed to be her actually falling onto one knee, with a painful expression on her face. If one took a close look at her, it seemed like...she holding back tears? "I-I'm so sorry, Sabrina..."

"HUH?!" The referred to girl was prepared for nearly anything to come out of her Navi's mouth...that wasn't one of them. "What do you mean? We're still in it! We just need to regroup and-"

"No...I think...we're already done..." The first true water of the battle finally came to pass, and it wasn't in the form of an attack; the water Navi lost her battle to withhold the water from her eyes. "There's no way I can keep up with that speed...and I'm outnumbered...I can't do it...I wish I could...but I can't..."

"...What do you mean? You don't mean we just stop the fight now, do you?"

"Yeah, that's what I mean...I just don't have the will to compete with other Navis. I know it means a lot to you to do well in this tournament, but...I'm not strong enough. I just can't compete like this..."

"........." Sabrina took a moment to process what her Navi was trying to say. And yet, what she said required no thought whatsoever. "....Yeah, you're right."

"I'm sorry, Sabrina...initiate the jack out sequence whenever you're ready..."

"You're right that you wouldn't get very far. You're not the strongest Navi. You're not the fastest Navi. You're not the smartest Navi. And you're definitely not the bravest Navi."

"...I know...I wish I was, so I could fight, but I'm not..."

"But that means nothing."

"W-What...?"

"You don't have to be strong or fast or smart or even brave to be a great Navi. You just need to remember one thing. And that thing is...you're never alone. When you were going on just then, how many times did you say I? Now, how many times did you say we? A lot, and zero. But you need to think the other way around. When we battle, it's never, EVER you and me. It's just us. As long as you don't forget that, everything else will fall into place. Because there's no power like teamwork between operator and Navi!"

"..." SplashLady looked up, and looked at the image of her operator in-between her and the Guard shield. "B...But...you saw what happened earlier. Why should we ty if it's likely we'll still fail?"

"Because...we're not fighting just for us. Dad, who made you...Brandon, who gave you that form...VoltMan and Binary, for lending you their crosses...we didn't get here just by ourselves. We got here because of everyone's help! And even if we lose, we can't let all of their help be in vain! We need to fight to the end!"

".........Okay." Wiping away the last of her tears (for that moment, at least), the Aqua Navi stood up, and glared straight ahead so hard, it was a small miracle the Guard wasn't deflecting it. "You're right. If we don't try as hard as we can, we'll let out everyone that's ever helped us. I don't know if we've got a really good chance to win or not, but that doesn't matter!" With this last exclamation, the Guard vanished. She wasn't sure if it was because someone hit it, or if its time had just expired, but she surprisingly didn't seem to care. "Alright, what's the plan?"

"Now we're talkin'! Glad you could still listen to reason! And the plan, uh..." ...Shoot, she was so focused on making that speech, Sabrina had kinda...overlooked coming up with a strategy. "Well, first we need to even the numbers. And it'll be easier to finish off a SP than a Navi, so let's focus on her first! Start off by getting closer, but don't just go straight at her! Go side to side or something while you're at it, in case she tries to zap you again!"

"Roger!" Positioning the back half of the spear so that it crossed her back, SplashLady started to make a dash for the Support Program like a Navi possessed...but as her operator had stated, she made sure to do a zig zag here, and a zig zag there...here a zig, there a zag...everywhere a zig zag. She made sure to vary up the distance of each directional change, as well; considering the point was to be unpredictable, she needed to make sure that she'd be, in fact, unpredictable. Soon enough, she found herself nearing her target. Now, how were they going to do the deed?

Very basically, as the young Netopian lady would state in so many words...as would a single chip featuring a red Shrimpy virus. "Get ready! Battlechip, Bubbler! Slot in!"

With the right hand occupied by the spear, the Navi's left hand instead acquired a hose nozzle-like shape, which she positioned towards the female SP, and with a yell of "Hyaahh!!!" let loose with a single large bubble surrounded by many smaller bubbles, just ready to explode on impact and widen the spray. The fact she just shot with her left hand didn't escape the Navi, but thinking about that at the moment wasn't going to help with anything.

"And next...you need to do something to MachMan. And with his SP out of the way, you're free to set up water panels. So...Flood Cannon!"

After a couple of moments rapidly looking around for the opposing Navi, SplashLady saw him, and pointed her spear at him. As she did, what looked like a blob of water seemed to form in front of it, and in fact seemed to be drawing in water from the surrounding air to increase its size, as if it were some sort of aquatic black hole. And then, as suddenly as the roughly spherical water began to come to be, it rocketed forward, to explode and damage anything in the area it hit.

"...And he'll probably keep coming after you, so...get ready to move some more! But first..." Sabrina transferred one more chip; this one featuring a Navi with his arm extended, creating some sort of barrier around him. "Battlechip, Barrier! Slot in!"

A blue sphere surrounded the Aqua Navi, who then started to race around like a crazy person. Sure, she might not out-agile a Navi named MachMan, but she sure was going to try. "Because I have to give this my all...so even if I lose, I can face everyone with pride!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Weave over towards Aera
2-Bubbler chip attack on Aera (50+10, Aqua) (Aqua Boost)
3-Flood Cannon sig attack on MachMan (80, Aqua, Blast 2, creates medium sized Sea terrain)
4-Barrier chip attack on SplashLady (creates 10 HP barrier)
5-Dodge]
And thus the fighting continued. First, MachMan, away from the action, healed himself of much of the damage he had taken earlier in the fight. Meanwhile, SplashMan had and recovered from some sort of inferiority breakdown solved by the power of Friendship, and ran at Aera. The aforementioned SP set herself into motion and began to run towards the next Barricade.

MachMan then set a barrier of opaque red around him, preparing himself against attacks from his opponent. She meanwhile pulled out a BubbleGun. Aera dived over the barrier as the Bubble flew towards her, missing her in the initial blow; however, the spreading bubbly mass struck her straight on, causing her to dissolve into sudsy nothingness.

MachMan was now alone. He activated his areagrab chip and moved into the air above SplashMan, who prepared an attack. However, the sudden teleportation caught her off guard, and she fired off reflex, completely missing the faster man above her. The watery was still found pooling beyond the barrier, though.

MachMan pulled out his incredible whip and forced SplashMan to the ground with the flames of his fury. The Navi hit the ground, but she managed to pull her barrier over herself before being subjected to the horrible onslaught. The barrier absorbed the first stroke, but SplashMan took every subsequent one head on.

After this ordeal was over, MachMan pulled up a shield to defend from possible counterattack, and SplashMan ran her sorry self all over the place. her erratic motions defended against no more attacks than MachMan's unneeded defenses. They did succeed in moving her a little farther from her opponent, though.

Battle Summary:

SplashMan.EXE: 10 HP [Center Stage (again), Upper Level]

MachMan.EXE: 100 HP [Upper level, Above East Hermatite Barrier] [Guard Active until Further Action] [Barrier Active]
Aera.SP: -EJO'd-
Terrain:
10% Aqua [Beyond East Barrier]

(I'm posting first WHAT)

Finally...the numbers were evened. Which was odd in a sense, considering her opponent had like, 10 times the current HP as she did. But now there was no annoying SP standing between her and MachMan...wait, that didn't sound right. New thought, new thought..."Pain!" ...At least what she yelped was true. 230 HP of damage did have a tendency to wear on you. But she wasn't about to give up...not after what just happened.

"Yeah..." Sabrina thought for a moment about the layout of the field. Sure, there were several places to duck behind, but a flying Navi wouldn't have too much trouble finding a way over them. If only there was a place that her Navi could get to that her opponent's Navi couldn't...wait. The leftovers of Flood Cannon...it was too far away to do much good, but it gave her an idea..."Well, let's get you somewhere relatively safe! And when I send you this...make sure you use it somewhere close by!" The operator pulled out a chip featuring an blue, ovular shaped object jast above a bunch of blue panels...all of which looked like miniature square pools, and quickly shoved it into her PET's chip insertion slot. "Battlechip, SeaSeed! Slot in!"

The object took form in SplashLady's left hand, and it appeared to be filled with...water. She reared back, as though she was about to hurl it for all she was worth...

...Before slamming it down about a yard from her feet, setting off a chain reaction that would turn the surrounding area into her own personal ocean. At least that's what was intended to happen. As soon as the panel changes had entended to herself, the Aqua Navi dropped into the drink as if her boots were suddenly made of iron, and sank as far down as she could. This was probably about as safe as she was possibly going to get, given the circumstances. She nearly started to speak, but stopped; that'd give off bubbles that would give away where she was; with all the lights on for the tourney, she was probably getting helped out by refraction, and she wasn't about to get in the way of physics...at least not now, anyway.

"Okay, good. And now...time to heal up!" Three separate pink chips made their way into the Netopian girl's hand without delay. Well, maybe about a second delay, but that was it. "Battlechip, Recover50! Triple..." Chunk. First one in. "Slot..." Chunk. Two down. "In!!" Chink. And that made three. "

A white glow surrounded SplashLady, as her body was consumed by the healing energy, and the feeling of getting zapped by an electrical SP and smacked by razor sharp whips vanished, leaving a tingly sensation in its stead. And yet, she still felt a little tired...most likely because she still felt the effects of getting blasted by air and miniguns. But hopefully a little R+R in the water would make her feel better for the next assault.

[Order of Turn:
1-SeaSeed chip to in front of SplashLady (creates medium Sea terrain where it lands)
2-Take a dive into the closer drink...a nice, deep dive
3-Recover50 chip on SplashLady (50, Recovery)
4-Recover50 chip on SplashLady (50, Recovery)
5-Recover50 chip on SplashLady (50, Recovery)]
Alright, now you've hit a nerve!
Machman continued to keep his barrier shield drawn up over his body, but used his Overwatch to see in front of him. His boosters primed with a quartet of high pitched whines before erupting with large plumes of cyan flame. Machman shoulder-charged his opponent, hoping to use the Guard shield as a large battering ram and bash the Navi. He attempted to push his opponent back, or at least prevent him from moving forward. As soon as he did, his wings moved out and away from his body. They began to pair up and quickly targeted the enemy Navi. Two orbs of pulsating red plasma formed in the gaps of the wing pairs and they quickly grew so large that they almost touched the wings that kept them under control. They moved off to either side and converged their targeting lasers on Splashman at a 45 degree angle. Both pairs of thrusters opened up and erupted two large crimson beams of energy. The area was bathed in a ruby glow from the pair of beams. The glow subsided as the beams thinned out and eventually died out into a mere line of glowing data embers.

Machman's wings floated back to position as he raised another barrier. He then leaped backwards to get some distance between the Navis. He quickly touched down several feet away, and slammed his fist into the ground. The area nearly jumped from the impact, and the crushing force sent out a shockwave streaking towards its target. Machman used his sensors mid-jump to gauge Splashman's direction, heading, and range so he faced directly towards his opponent. The shockwave tore across the floor, ready to send Splashman a run for his money.

ACTIONS:
Machman
Gust: Quickly move within melee range of Splashman
Strategic Action: Bash Splashman with shield
Thrust Laser: Splashman.EXE (35dmg x2 + 2TCD)
Barrier: Machman.EXE (Summon 10HP Barrier)
Dodge
SonicWave: Splashman.EXE (80dmg + Piercing + Ground Attack + Line Attack)[+Take Aim]

Active Sigs:
SCRAM Boost: Ready
Rising Barrage: 2 Turns Remaining
Thrust Laser: 2 Turns Remaining
Overwatch: Used with SonicWave
SplashMan laid down her SeaSeed as MachMan sped towards her, clearly unhappy that his girl had been beaten.

Water Spread as MachMan drilled into SplashMan. Luckily for the latter, the blow was nullified as she allowed herself to sink beneath the water which had spread beneath her, reducing and force of impact by moving away from the blow. It did, however, leave both navis underwater.

Fit well for the Sea, SplashMan relaxed as he descended deeper into the water. Machman meanwhile sent lasers at her.

The lasers sped through the water, less likely to hit due to the unfamiliar aquatic conditions, and SplashMan's more adept underwater maneuverability. Against all odds the first one somehow managed to hit, knocking SplashMan into critical health, saved only by her UnderShirt.

And then, against almost impossibly odds, the second one hit too.

SplashMan lost in her own element. She was promptly EJO'd and returned to her PeT. The Announcer read off the winners names for all to hear. "AND THE WINNERS OF THIS ROUND ONE MATCH, MACHMAN AND MAZER PATROVSKI." Cheering could be heard. "THEY WILL ADVANCE TO ROUND 2!"

Meanwhile, the Tournament Staffmember who had been in the room approached Sabrina. "On behalf of the Colosseum I would like to thank you for participating." The gruff man said. "You may have your choice of prizes for your work; 1000 Zenny or a Recov30."

Battle Over!

VICTOR: MachMan

Mazer Gets: To move onto the Second Round
Sabrina gets: CHOICE: Recov30 OR 1000 zenny

((Great game to both of you. Good luck in the future))
...It was over...it was all over...

Sabrina just stared blankly ahead for a few seconds, trying to absorb what had just happened.

"Sabrina, I-"

"Don't say it. I know what you're gonna say, and you don't have to." Still taking everything in, she turned over to the staff member, and pocketed her PET. "I guess I'll take...the Recover30." And thus did she receive one.

And then she looked over at Mazer. "Great match! But...I don't think you got a true taste of SplashLady's power in it. So if we ever fight again, don't think this'll happen again!" With a wink, she turned around and exited the arena.

(Let's all go to the lobby!...Well, me at least.)
Machman watched as Splashman was hit by his twin plasma lasers, and was sent beaming out of the water and out of the arena. Machman floated about a foot above the water, creating a depression in the water's surface from his wing thrusters. He floated there, relieved to have won his first round, but also disappointed that he couldn't congratulate his opponent face to face. Splashman battled superbly, and would have continued to battle on if it weren't for that single beam. Machman then heard a welcome voice from his ear pylons.

[[i]You did it! Congratulations, Mach! ...sorry I let you down at the last second...[/i]]
Machman's mood was lifted by the sound of Aera's voice, he was certain she would have safely moved to the PET after getting hit, but this finally put him at ease.
It's alright, Aera. You did better than I'd hoped!
[Great work, you two. Machman, I'm logging you out of the arena.]
Understood. Machman, logging out.

Machman started to glow bright cyan before he beamed up and out of the Arena, and back into the PET.

Back in the real world, Mazer looked down as he heard Sabrina talk to her Navi. He couldn't help but feel bad, since both Sabrina and SplashLady were just like Mach and Him, all good people looking to win. Mazer looked over to Sabrina as she talked to him, and he smiled back to her.

"Mach and I would be more than happy to see you and SplashLady again sometime!"

Mazer walked away from the terminal, his PET still on the counter, and walked over to Sabrina before she left the room. He then handed her a card, with his email address and other contact information.

"If you ever want a rematch, or just want to go virus busting together, feel free to give us a call!"

Sabrina GET: Mazer's Email Address (M.Patrovski@PSAOM.org)