Electric Slide

With LightningMan's foray into the observatory halted by viruses, his operator gave him a helping hand in the form of a ThunderBeam chip, which did a reasonable amount of damage. Of course, they weren't about to take the damage sitting down, and rushed at him right after his Shotgun chip was downloaded. The rushed bees' attacks threw off his aim, and his shot went wide. Fortunately, it didn't hit anything else-- except for the green hive. The shot dislodged the prism off of its resting place and sent it bouncing all over the place! While he was busy dancing about the bees, another unpleasant surprise would be heading his way; the HardHeads seemed to have finished reloading themselves and were ready for another salvo!

-=Roused Residents=-

ElebeeA: 25Hp [Flying]
ElebeeB: 25Hp [Flying]
ElebeeC: 25Hp [Flying]

HardHeadA: 60Hp [Normal][Ready to Fire]
HardHeadB: 60Hp [Normal][Ready to Fire]

-=Investigating Intruder=-

LightningMan: 150Hp [Metal][Near Entry Hall]

-=Timeworn Terrain=-

40% Metal [Centre of the foyer, and a broad strip leading from the entry hall to the far doors.]
5% Solar [Two small patches either side of the far double doors]
5% Magnet [Out of sight, one panel behind the reception desk, in the centre.]
50% Normal [The Rest]

-=Obvious Objects=-

Elebee Hive: 25Hp [Bouncing wildly around the room][Faint green glow, and suggestive prism shape]
...Okay, after that cluster of insanity, time to review what happened. ThunderBeam was good. Shotgun, not so much. The EleBee trio nearly skewered him, that extremely mystery data-like hive was now bouncing around like a rubber ball, and the HardHead were preparing to fire again. ...Oh yeah, and he was atop metal flooring like an idiot. Before doing anything else, he hovered off of it as quickly as possible, and over to ground that wouldn't shorten his lifespan drastically. At least now, his course of action was obvious. "Quick, send me stuff! Those HardHead need to go down while they're vulnerable!"

"Very well!" Let's see...60 HP rating, so 60 damage ratings would work best...fortunately, there were a couple in the arsenal. "MaruBlaster BattleChip, in! Download!"

LightningMan's hand clasped down slightly, as though he was holding something...and a few moments later, it was; a ball of electricity had formed. It looked a bit odd though...graphically, it seemed to be slightly distorted. But if he noticed, he didn't care, and raised it in front of him, and shot it forward at one of the now open mouthed viruses. With any luck, that was one covered...now for the other.

And luckily, there was another 60 damage rating chip waiting in the wings. "Cannon BattleChip, in! Download!"

The Navi's hand quickly stopped sparking, and quickly transformed into a Canodumb head. Now he needed to aim it, activate the firing mechanism...and pow. An energy burst shot at the other HardHead. Very simple, but something that was the most effective means of attack. ...Of course, his focus in taking out the cannonball spitting viruses meant the insectoid ones had free reign on him...but so long as he wasn't on electricity conducting metal, the stings should hardly be lethal, thankfully.

[Order of Turn:
1-Get to non-Metal terrain (Movement)
2-MaruBlaster1 chip attack on HardHeadA (60, Elec, B, Glitch)
3-Cannon chip attack on HardHeadB (60, A, Knockback)]
As LightningMan realized he was on some potentially very lethally conductive flooring, he swerved off to the side, just in time to be swarmed by the disgruntled Elebees that had received the brunt of his earlier attack. One of them dashed past him, but the other two landed their stings true to their mark, and boy howdy was it painful. (-20x2) The electrical Navi wouldn't let this discourage him, of course, as he released a buggy charged ball at one of the HardHeads. Unfortunately, it went wide, and the HardHead's retaliation towards him let him realize his mistake quite well, with a heavy cannonball smashing into his hip and into the floor. (-30) Fortunately, the Cannon he let loose at the other HardHead did hit its mark, deleting it just before it could launch its cannonball at him as well. Seeing its comrade get swiftly dispatched, the surviving HardHead closed up its mouth quickly, its gleaming iron face protecting itself once again.

While all of this was happening, the Elebee hive that had been bouncing around the room got caught behind the reception desk in the middle of the room to his right, and ceased its erratic movement quietly.

-=Roused Residents=-

ElebeeA: 25Hp [Flying]
ElebeeB: 25Hp [Flying]
ElebeeC: 25Hp [Flying]

HardHeadA: 60Hp [Normal][Closed]
HardHeadB: DELETED

LightningMan: 80Hp [Cracked][Near Entry Hall]

-=Timeworn Terrain=-

40% Metal [Centre of the foyer, and a broad strip leading from the entry hall to the far doors.]
5% Cracked [Under LightningMan's feet]
45% Normal [The Rest]

-=Obvious Objects=-

Elebee Hive: 25Hp [Magnet, behind the reception desk][Faint green glow, and suggestive prism shape]
Ugh. Urgh. Argh! That...was just stupid. How did he let himself get hit three times like that? He was far better than this...LightningMan shook his head, and looked on angrily at the viruses...though anyone looking would notice that he was struggling to maintain his hovering a bit. "I got careless..."

"Oh, it wasn't all you. Those viruses ARE trying to kill you, after all."

"Gee, I hadn't noticed." ...And then it suddenly dawned on him. He didn't HAVE to feel the full fury of their attacks. He had that one, simple trick...which he hadn't used in this fight until now. As though he hadn't felt foolish enough already. With a sigh, he raised his hand, and snapped his fingers, creating a tiny spark that landed on one of the stinging viruses. It would almost immediately find some of its strength being drained, though its sting would still pack a small punch.

"I was wondering why you hadn't been using that...ah well, no sense in dwelling on the past. Let us work on fixing this building's pest problem!" Two pictures of Bunny, both dragged over the Navi. "ZapRing BattleChips, in! Double download!"

LightningMan decided to not get too fancy with his weaponry this turn, allowing his hand to transform into a pink base with two wire-like extensions that resembled Bunny ears. He pointed it towards one of the aerial viruses, activated the mechanism...and just like that, a ring of electricity formed between them, and shot out at high speed towards its target. It was less than difficult to repeat the process, pointing at another Elebee and attempting to destroy it with its own element. He did make sure, however, to ignore the weakened one...if anything was going to survive and sting him again, it should be the one that wasn't fighting at full strength.

Speaking of which, while he himself wasn't 100%, he was still more than capable of avoiding incoming attacks, should it be required. He'd best take care of that, before they gave him an allergic reaction or something.

[Order of Turn:
0a-Debuff subtype ability on ElebeeC (negates next 12 damage dealt) (Source: Buff)
1-ZapRing1 chip attack on ElebeeA (40+5, A, Elec, Stun 1)
2-ZapRing1 chip attack on ElebeeB (40+5, A, Elec, Stun 1)
3-Dodge]
Transforming his hand into an emulated Bunny's head, LightningMan released a couple of rings of electricity at the bees, after weakening one with a tiny spark. Unfortunately, only one managed to land, but at least it deleted the bee for good, leaving one less enemy for LightningMan to worry about. They began to rush at him, and he attempted to sidestep out of the way, only to find his footing give way into the floor! The bees' attacks whisked over his head as he fell in, which was one good thing about it, one could infer. As he landed at the bottom, he could hear the telltale whir of the HardHead's steel visage opening up.

-=Roused Residents=-

ElebeeA: DELETED
ElebeeB: 25Hp [Flying over Broken]
ElebeeC: 25Hp [Flying near Broken]

HardHeadA: 60Hp [Normal][Mouth Open]

LightningMan: 80Hp [Fallen into Broken][Near Entry Hall]

-=Timeworn Terrain=-

5% Broken [LightningMan's position]
45% Normal [The Rest]

-=Obvious Objects=-

Elebee Hive: 25Hp [Magnet, behind the reception desk][Faint green glow, and suggestive prism shape]
"..."

LightningMan spent the first moment of being stuck in a pit stewing, getting quite upset at the whole falling into a pit thing. The second moment, of course, was spent thinking about how to destroy the remaining enemies with his few remaining options that didn't need to fall out of the sky. He'd have to be flawless from this point on, but it was at least possible. "Hmph. Gimme every chip I have left, that won't be affected by the fact we're indoors. If I can take them all out now, I can avoid disaster."

"As you wish. Let's see...ah. Thun-"

"Today! I know what they are already!"

"...You're really taking the fun out of operating!" Fine, Thunder, RemotePlug, CurseShield, all sent. Who knew Navis could be such spoilsports?

First things first; that HardHead needed to go NOW. But, because it couldn't move, he also knew exactly where it was. Which meant a weapon capable of altering its location would be quite handy...A large red electrical plug with a short green cord trailing from it formed in front of the Navi, who sent it straight up and out of the pit. Now, he was pretty sure he was facing the same direction he was before falling, which meant that the HardHead would be approximately...there. He sent it the instructions, causing it to change course, and head over to the metal virus. There were no guarantees, though, even though he couldn't really afford anything less than perfection at this point.

Next up, he continued to make use of his electrical abilities, creating an energy ball and sending it straight up as well. That one couldn't be controlled, but it should be attracted to a nearby EleBee. At least, that's what he figured...electricity often attracted more electricity. And on that note, he formed a green Dominerd above himself, and took a deep breath. "Hey! Stupid EleBee! Afraid of a hole? You want me, you come and get me!" Hopefully it'd take the bait, and go after him stinger first. And if it did...CHOMP. Last mistake it'd ever make.

The problem, of course, was that everything had to go EXACTLY as he planned. If it didn't, he might have to delve into the most unthinkable option of all...

[Order of Turn:
1-RemotePlug1 chip attack on HardHeadA (80+5, B, Homing, Phasing)
2-Thunder1 chip attack on ElebeeB (40+5, Elec, C, Homing, Stun 1)
3-CurseShield2 chip on LightningMan (210, A, 1-hit shield, counters one attack)]
Pondering his misfortunes from the bottom of his crumbled pit, LightningMan was, to be tactful, at the end of his tether. While he fume,d the first thing to happen was one of the remaining Elebees zipping in to hover over the hole and have a further go at him, though it couldn't seem to quite get the right angle to actually connect. It swerved slightly in the air as the vivid remote plug raced up out of the hole, but it wasn't going for the annoying insect. Instead, the peculiar attack bee-lined for the HardHead on the counter, which was just beginning to ratchet it's mouth closed again, but fortunately for LightningMan's sanity, not quite fast enough; the plug darted in, striking home before the virus could protect itself.

A ball of crackling energy was the next thing to emerge from the hole, nailing the bee that had already attacked at point blank range before it could get away, but the light show did bring the other one over to investigate. This one made a more concentrated effort at stinging the trapped navi, but that only made things worse for it, as its attack struck the readied shield instead and caused the defence to gape wide and bite upwards, devouring it in a satisfying chomp. This still left LightningMan in a hole which he would need to get himself out of, but for the time being, at least, the abandoned observatory's lobby area had been returned to stillness and something approaching quiet.

Behind the desk, the hive that the elebees had been guarding would indeed reveal itself to have been constructed around an old mystery data, which the evil mastermind would be free to inspect once her was back at ground level. Amongst the other remains, he'd also find some zenny, and a chip that he may have a passing use for.

-=Roused Residents=-

ElebeeA: DELETED
ElebeeB: DELETED
ElebeeC: DELETED

HardHeadA: DELETED

LightningMan: 80Hp [Fallen into Broken][Near Entry Hall]

-=Timeworn Terrain=-

5% Broken [LightningMan's position]
45% Normal [The Rest]

-=Obvious Objects=-

-=Battle 3, Victory!=-

Spoils: 500z, Arrow1Damage: 100 + Homing
Accuracy: B
Description: Summons an Elebee virus, and sends it flying at an enemy. The Elebee is tenacious, and will hunt down its prey. It vanishes after stinging it's target, or after two turns.
Duration: Once
Element: Elec
Trader Rank: D

Open Elebee Hive GMD?
Silence. Lots and lots of silence. No buzzing, no clanking, no nothing. And it was music to LightningMan's ears. Now, to get out of the pit, and confirm it with his own eyes. ...Which meant climbing. With his arms and legs. Meh.

Luckily, it wasn't too large a climb, and before long he was back on the ground floor. Not a virus in sight...excellent. "Good...if that hadn't worked, there would've been problems."

"Just imagine, you'd have to use your buster to finish them off!"

"Yeah, fun." Things that were actually fun, however, included gathering up the remaining data. "Not much for cash...but there's chip data. Data signature matches Elebee, so it should be Arrow."

"Indeed, it is!" Arrow, not bad. Though, it didn't do a thing to aid them in their biggest problem area..."However, I think we shouldn't proceed further. We can't risk permanent damage to you, and as long as our folder is limited by single targeting attacks, you can't fight groups too large."

"Sadly. Very well, but first up..." The electrical Navi walked over to the 'hive'. "Let's see what's in this."

"Hmm, perhaps Elebee honey? I'm sure that'd be quite delicious!"

"Somehow I doubt that..."

"It may have the glow of Mystery Data, but it could contain honey! I demand that you check for it!"

"...Whatever. Accessing now..." Now, to open up the data...and collect any and all Elebee honey found within the hive, as the supreme leader of BIOS willed...for some reason completely lost to him.

(OPENING GMD)
After learning a valuable lesson and gaining substantially less valuable lesions, LightningMan gathered up his due and proceeded to unwrap his green mystery present. fortune was with him, after the unexpectedly challenging fight; tearing away they hive structure and activating the crystal inside caused it to open safely and spill forth a truly glorious amount of thick, tasty Elebee honey. It smelled delicious! In the centre of the bountiful reward, a chip also trickled out. But who cared about that? There was honey!

GMD: Synapse1Damage: 80 + Piercing + Chain 2
Accuracy: B
Description: Produces a powerful ray through sheer force of thought, which arcs towards nearby enemies when it hits a target.
Duration: Once
Element: Elec
Special: Chain 2: This attack, upon striking a target, may change directions towards a new target. This may be done up to 2 times in one attack.
Trader Rank: D
"Huh, chip data." LightningMan's current focus was nothing if not singular, accessing the BattleChip data within the hive while ignoring the golden treasure surrounding it. "I can't figure out what this data signature is...but I know it's electrical. Sending it over."

A chip showed up on his PET's screen, but that wasn't Roderick's main concern at the moment. "Yes, but look at what else is there! Glorious honey, cascading from the remains!"

"Hmm? ...Oh." Huh, so there was. "...You realize you can't eat it yourself, can you?"

"No, but I think it's interesting, if nothing else. Ah, I know, you should collect it! You never know, even if you don't eat it, it could be useful!"

"Collect it? ...I guess there's worse ways to eat up that PET's storage space." Let's see...do this, do that...and after fiddling with a screen for a moment, a large glass jar formed in the Navi's hand, and was used to scoop up the honey. "That should be all of it. ...So, what chip did we get?"

"It's called Synpase! Never heard of it before, have you?"

"Nope. Any good?"

"Looks quite usable to me! You can peruse it when I do some shopping with the money we've earned."

"That's very true. All right, coming back...hmm?" There was a little bit of honey on his finger. A quick taste wouldn't hurt..."...I thought as much. Sweets aren't my thing. I'm sure someone that actually likes honey would love it, though." And with that analysis, he took one last look around. "What do you think? Should this be where we put the HQ? ...It's hard to say without checking out the building more."

"Hmm...yes, you're right, a more thorough examination is needed be. I'll see if Edgar can take a look later. I've got the rough coordinates for the place saved."

"Very well. I'm returning now." And so he left, with another new chip, and a jar full of honey. But which one was really the more valuable?

(JACKING OUT)