Backalleys and Bridges

Delta arrived in the Electown network in much the same way he had many times before, and in much the same location. However, this time, instead of using the main streets, the navi quickly turned off into a back alley.

Henry was surprised by his netnavi's choice of pathways, and asked, "Um...if you don't mind me asking, why'd you choose this route?"

Delta answered, "Well, I was poking around last night, and I found an interesting route between the electown and yoka networks. I don't know where in Yoka the other end of the portal is, but I would be interested in finding out."

Henry nodded then said, "Alright. Just keep on...er, nevermind, you'll be fine."

With that, Delta continued winding his way through the twisty back alleys, following the path he had set out earlier.
[Battle 1]
A twisted maze of long-winded narrow alleyways awaited Delta's exploration quest, comprised of sheer metal walls, barred windows, and damp ground. After a bit, he happened upon a split in the road. As he was contemplating on which way to go next, the sound of electrical sparks sounded from near his position, coming from both of the alleys in front of him. Soon, he saw two Billy homing in on his location, charging their electrical balls and readying themselves for attack! Worse, the noise seemed to have attracted a third virus from behind, which was a Lark!

-- ENEMIES --
Billy A: 80 HP (NE)
Billy B: 80 HP (NW)
Lark: 100 HP (S)

-- NAVIGATOR --
Delta.EXE: 140 HP

-- TERRAIN --
60% Normal
(Reduced space, as the narrow alleyways constrict movement. Roads split into three from Delta's position, northwest, northeast, and south.

-- BATTLE 01, READY? START!! --
Delta smiled slightly when the viruses appeared. "I've got company," the navi said.

Henry looked over the soon to be battlefield, then said, "Alright, I'll send you some chips. Any requests?"

Delta thought a moment, then nodded, "Two cannons, please. I'll focus on on of the billies first." As Henry uploaded the chips, the navi formed his left hand into buster form and turned slightly to take aim at the virus to his right. Delta brought his right hand up to steady his aim, then fired, the weapon leaping slightly from the recoil, and the noise echoed off of the walls. Without waiting a second, the navi brought his buster back down and fired the second chip, causing another blast of noise while the buster jumped again. Delta disarmed the weapon and turned to ready himself to avoid any attacks from the other viruses.

[spoiler=Turn Summary]Actions:
1. Cannon (40 Shot{A;Knockback}) @ BillyA
2. Cannon (40 Shot{A;Knockback}) @ BillyA
3. Dodge.
HP: 140/140
Signatures: Delta Sabre[##], Combat Repair and Healing System [Standby].
Battlechips used: Cannon *2.[/Spoiler]
The first Billy was taken out with a couple of Cannon shots without much fanfare before it could attack, and of course, the others responded with sufficient retaliation. The Billy fired a slow-moving thunderball at Delta, which he deftly dodged, and the Lark shot a wide-angled energy blast which he jumped over. The thunderball seemed to be homing in on his position, though, as it turned around for another go at him!

-- ENEMIES --
Billy A: DELETED
Billy B: 80 HP (NW)

-- NAVIGATOR --
Delta.EXE: 140 HP (Incoming Thunderball)

-- TERRAIN --
60% Normal
(Reduced space, as the narrow alleyways constrict movement. Roads split into three from Delta's position, northwest, northeast, and south.
Delta turned towards the other billy. "Alright, send me a minibomb."

Henry slotted in the chip before getting up to get a drink.

Delta's head turned quickly as he shot a glance back at the Thunderball. The navi started running backwards, then, as he reached the projectile he jumped over it. With one crisis avoided, Delta paused a moment, then held his left hand straight out, palm up. After a second a black orb materialized in his hand, and he swung his arm back, then forwards, hurling the explosive in an arc that terminated at the billy's current location. Delta didn't stop there, forming his buster, aiming it, and firing rapidly at the virus.

1. Dodge the Thunderball
2. Minibomb + Buff (60+16=76 Throw{C;Blast1}) @ BillyB
3. Buster Shot (12) @ BillyB
Signatures: Delta Sabre[##], Combat Repair and Healing System[Standby].
Battlechips used: Cannon *2, Minibomb.[/Spoiler]
((Bump))
Dodging the Thunderball was easy for Delta, who quickly took up a Minibomb and buster shot combination attack on the Billy that had fired it. Both hit easily, allowing him to delete the virus with ease. The Lark fired its blue-energy projectile again, but it slightly missed with its angle, and the shot barely whizzed over his head.

-- ENEMIES --
Billy B: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --

-- TERRAIN --
60% Normal
Henry smiled slightly as he looked over the battlefield, then quickly sent two battlechips. "Alright, I'm sending you a shotgun and a zapring to clean up with. You're doing great."

Delta smiled as Henry spoke, then turned towards the Lark. Looking the virus over, he loaded the zapring into his buster. Raising his left arm to point the weapon at the single remaining virus, the navi took careful aim, then fired, launching a ring of electricity at his target. There was barely any recoil from the chip at all, and Delta quickly loaded the shotgun, took aim, and fired again. Almost as soon as that was done, Delta disarmed his buster, and prepared himself to avoid any attacks the virus made send his way.

1. Zapring + Buff (56 Shot{A;Stun1}) @ Lark
2. Shotgun (50 Shot{A;Spread1)} @ Lark
3. Dodge
Battlechips used: Cannon *2, Minibomb, Zapring, Shotgun.[/Spoiler]
Delta started off with a ZapRing, firing it at the Lark with the full intention of following up with a Shotgun. However, the powered up electric attack was more than enough, deleting the Lark in one hit and ending the battle.

-- ENEMIES --
Billy B: DELETED
Lark: DELETED

-- TERRAIN --
60% Normal

Battle 1 Complete!

-- NAVIGATOR --

Rewards: 300z
Delta continues on his way, taking the northeastern path and snatching up the reward data on his way.
[Battle 2]
*Pa-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta*

As Delta moved further into the net, a noisy sound was echoing just ahead of him. Before he realized, the navi found himself in some sort of a work site where two peculiar viruses was breaking the floors one tile at a time. The floor was bright with lime light shining upwards, but these jackhammer viruses was taking their time breaking them one by one till the terrain would revert back to its plain state.

But before they could get any further in their work, they immediately became hostile at the sight of a navi and even brought along two HardHeads to join the fight!

HardHeadA: 60 HP [Defending]
HardHeadB: 60 HP [Defending]
PogoJackA: 80 HP
PogoJackB: 80 HP

Terrain: 60% Solar, 30% Normal, 10% Broken

-BATTLE TWO, START!-
"Hmm?" Delta looked around as he tried to pinpoint the source of the sound ahead of him. Then the two jackhammer viruses cam into view. "Oh. Jackhammers. I should have guessed." As the navi approached, the viruses saw him and became hostile, summoning two friends to aid them. Delta paused and stopped to gauge the enemies' strength. After a moment, the navi said, "Alright Henry, I've got company. Four viruses, two groups of two new types, by the looks of it. I think I'll take a shotgun and a cannon to start with, if you would be so kind."

Henry quickly slotted in the chips, then looked at the battlefield and said, "Go for it."

Delta nodded at his netop's encouragement, then took off, circling the group of viruses until the two jackhammers were lined up. Delta brought himself to a sudden stop, leaning back in order to keep himself from falling over. Forming his buster around his left hand, the navi took aim at the two enemies, and prepared to fire the shotgun battlechip. Steadying his footing, the navi paused a moment...and fired, the noise echoing across the field, and the recoil nearly knocking him over. I knew I should have braced more, Delta thought to himself and he readied the cannon and steadied himself. It only took a second to aim and fire at the closer virus, the noise like that of, well..., a cannon.

1. Tactical Movement - Line up PogoJacks
2. Shotgun (50 Shot{A;Spread1}) @ PogoJackA +spread@ PogoJackB
3. Cannon (40 Shot{A;Knockback}) @ PogoJackA
Battlechips used: Shotgun, Cannon.[/Spoiler]
((bump))
A solid hit was landed on both the PogoJacks as Delta fired his Shotgun, with the follow-up Cannon deleting one of them decisively. It retaliated by hammering into him with a powerful piledriver! (10x2)

HardHeadA: 60 HP [Defending]
HardHeadB: 60 HP [Defending]
PogoJackA: DELETED
PogoJackB: 30 HP

Delta.EXE: 120 HP
Delta winced as the virus landed on him, and tried to roll with the blow. As the navi picked himself up, he glared at the jackhammer virus, then said, "Alright, send me another cannon please."

Henry quickly sent the chip, then asked, "Do you think those weights are going to do anything, or could we just walk right past them?"

Delta didn't answer immediately, due to mostly focusing on the virus that had weathered his first assault, waiting for it to make its move as he readied the battlechip to fire. After a few seconds, Delta dodged to the left and fired at his target, the recoil surprisingly ineffective at knocking him off balance. Even after the navi had fired, he kept alert, ready to avoid attacks while his armor's self-repair routines started up.

[spoiler=Turn Summary]Action:
1. Dodge.
2. Cannon (40 Shot{A;Knockback}) @ PogoJackB
3. Dodge.
*. AutoHeal (Heal 15)
HP:120/140
Signatures: Delta Sabre[##], Combat Repair and Healing System[Active].
Battlechips used: Shotgun, Cannon *2.[/Spoiler]
((bump))
As Delta prepared a Cannon to deal with the current PogoJack threat, the first HardHead's attack nearly managed to hit the preoccupied Navi. Nearly. Delta hastily fired the Cannon at the PogoJack and deleted it before dodging out of the way of another cannonball. The two HardHeads were now vulnerable to attack, apparently.

HardHeadA: 60 HP
HardHeadB: 60 HP
PogoJackB: DELETED

Delta.EXE: 135 HP
((Don't hardhead's cannonballs break tiles that they hit?))
Despite having been surprised by the viruses sudden activation, Delta managed to avoid their attacks. Looking at the now vulnerable enemies, the navi asked his netop, "Hey Henry, could you send me a minibomb and a rageclaw real quick?" As he finished speaking, the navi paused and waited while his armor worked to repair itself.

Henry, meanwhile, quickly sent the battlechips, then said, "I don't think you'll have much trouble with these guys. Even if they start turtling again, you should be able to deal with it."

Delta nodded at Henry's assessment, then held his left arm our to the side and activated the minibomb chip. As the black orb dropped into his palm, the navi started to guage throw he was about to make. After a moment, he pulled arm arm back...and lobbed the explosive in an arc that would terminate in one of the mortar's mouths.

Without so much as a pause, Delta re-focused on the other virus and allowed the rageclaw to sprout from his hand. Charging forward while holding to weapon behind him, the navi slashed twice as he approached his target, the weapon arcing through the air. One of the slashes chipped a tile, but Delta didn't notice.

*. AutoHeal (Heal 15)
1. Minibomb (60 Throw {C; Blast1}) @ HardHeadB
2. Rageclaw (40 Melee {B;Slash}) @ HardHeadA
3. Rageclaw (40 Melee {B;Slash}) @ HardHeadA
HP: 135/140
Weapons: Rageclaw[L:####<<].
Signatures: Delta Sabre[##], Combat Repair and Healing System[Active].
Battlechips used: Shotgun, Cannon *2, Minibomb, Rageclaw.[/Spoiler]
Delta quickly took advantage of the opening of the Hardheads and quickly decimated them with a Minibomb to the mouth and two Rageclaw slashes.

Money rained from the sky.

HardHeadA: DELETED
HardHeadB: DELETED
PogoJackB: DELETED

-VICTORY-
Get: 400z
Delta caught the reward data as it fell towards him and stated walking again.
[Battle 3]