Mission: Strange man, strange house

After a rough jack-in due to the poor quality of the dilapidated point, Grey was left dazed and confused as soon as he entered the net. Unsure of whether he was in a local area or the general net itself, the only thing he could anchor himself to was the fact that another navi must be in the general vicinity belonging to the other man, stumbling about in a state of confusion while holding a hand on his forehead, the normalnavi called out, hoping for some form of explanation, "Hello? Hello? I say, other navi are you there? Anybody?!"
Jacking in, Grey found himself dropped into a rather dull area, looking as dilapidated as the apartment his operator had been in. His entrance was in a kind of large circular lobby of some sort, with the entry portal he'd come out of in the very middle. The circular lobby was not secluded, as there were many paths radiating from the centre. Some were corridors leading straight into a path of darkness, some were doors sealed with enormous padlocks, and some were simply holes in the ground, among others. Each path was marked with a metal plate over it, each of them depicting, in various styles and shapes, eyes. What added to the creepiness was that each of the depictions of the eyes seemed alive, looking around, some even staring at him.

Calling out for someone, Grey looked around for his companion, disoriented and dazed. It wasn't too long before the Navi got his reply, as a voice from beside Grey answered his calls in a droll monotone. "Hello." A turn of the head to the side, and Grey would discover his new companion to be a translucent holographic projection of a female, about as tall as he was. The projection was sky-blue, and it depicted a long-haired woman in an armored bodysuit. Her face looked slightly sleepy, maybe bored, as she introduced herself. "My name is Ether. I assume that you are to be my partner for this mission. I will brief you on the specifics when we encounter our target. Follow me."

And with that, she simply floated off into one of the paths, which was a large hole broken (rather recklessly, it seemed) into the wall of the lobby. The metal plate above it showed a grey eye that seemed rather restless as it looked around, presumably in search of something.
Watching as the new holographic navi disappeared into the makeshift entrance, Grey stood motionless in the entrance area for a good couple of minuets, his head facing downwards with arms held at sides. Watching the navi with concern, Lex moved away from the other man before calling out to Grey, "Hey Grey, you ok buddy?", he received no answer, "Don't worry; the net world is only slightly more creepy than the apartment?", he continued in a more cheery tone yet no answer came to him, "You can't let that other navi beat you too the target!"

"Target?!", a reply finally came from the navi, a strange tone replaced the usual calm and composed tone of Grey, "T-Target you s-say?", as the navi spoke, his form began to flicker, "Target means a fight!", Phantasm began to take hold of Grey; the navi began to writhe and blur as the painful transformation took place.

Once all had calmed down, a confident and flaming Phantasm emerged from the dust, much to Lex's dismay, the navi proceeded to eye up the room around himself, "What's up with the freaky room?", he questioned his operator as he began to punch at a nearby wall but before Lex could even utter a word, Phantasm spotted the large opening in the wall, "Whatever navi done this is my kind of guy", he commented as he followed the path that lead within, following the way set by Ether, he called out to her, "I'm Phantasm! Strongest navi you'll ever see", in his same usual overconfident tone.

[Change to Spirit.GMO]
[Follow Ether down makeshift path]
As Phantasm moved into the hole in the wall to follow Ether, he had to walk for quite a while, seemingly forever, through a tunnel of rock. The tunnel was made of brick, and seemed very well-constructed. Strange for something that has a broken hole for an entrance. Between the bricks, occasionally clear purple ooze would come out. What made the trip more maddening, other than the long walk, was that Ether seemed to be as far away as possible from him, yet never out of his vision. After a bit, Phantasm caught up with Ether. She was standing at the end of a wall, with another one of the metal plates on it. The metal plate had the same eye inscription as the entrance. She was staring it down when Phantasm arrived. Before the fire Navi could utter a word, though, the eye clamped its lid shut, and the tunnel suddenly disintegrated.

As a result, Phantasm and Ether were left floating in a seemingly limitless world. Everywhere Phantasm turned was psychedelic purple void. It took him a while to get used to, but when he did, he spotted viruses floating in the void as well. "Do you see those viruses?" Ether asked from beside him, motioning towards the viruses. Not waiting for a response, her projected finger was then pointed towards a particular one in the group. A Champu, its fire blazing with purple instead of the usual red. A floating wisp of purple fire was looming around its head as well. "That is our target. You are to delete the others to isolate it, then lower its HP to below 10. Alert me when you are successful."

GeistChampu: 60HP
Eleball: 80HP
PowieA: 50HP
PowieB: 50HP
BunnyA: 50HP
BunnyB: 50HP

Terrain: 100% Ethereal (Omnishoes to All)

Phantasm.EXE: 140HP
Ether.???: 200HP [Omnishoes]

-BATTLE ONE, FIGHT!!-
"Far out man...", Lex mumbled as he watched the new battle surroundings, rubbing his eyes every few seconds as he tried to adjust to the new sight, unfortunately for him, the PET couldn't handle the strange graphics and as such he was faced with a flickering screen making it even harder to watch. In the end, the Netop merely gave up and switched to his web browser.

Seemingly running on the spot, Phantasm struggled to come t terms with his new situation, unsure on whether what he was seeing was real or not, the navi called out to his operator with a hint of panic in his voice, "Lex, I'm freaking out man, is this real?"

"I'm afraid so", was the answer that came, Lex then continued, "I can't even watch the battle properly, the screen is freaking out"

"You really gotta get a new PET man", Phantasm replied to the Netop's words, "Remember the last mission?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know", Lex replied in a tone of irritation, in a attempt to switch the direction of the conversation, he started to talk about the battle, "anyway, you got a few enemies nearby and in case you forgot, you have to weaken, not kill the weird Champu virus, got it?"

"Awwwww", was the sound that came from the flaming navi as he turned his attentions to the virii group, "Killin' 'em would be much easier", he proceeded to produce a tattered cloak as if from nowhere and wrap himself up within it, the effects took place immediately as the navi's image disappeared entirely from the ethereal plane, he then used his new position to look the enemies over, Hrm, they seem to be paired up, except for that strange virus and the bee, calling out to Lex in a voice only he could hear, the navi spoke in a quiet, calculating tone, "Looks like it would help to try for bulk kills this turn so I can focus on the target the next",

"What do you have in mind?"

"Shotgun and Heatshot for sure, don't know what to use for the bee virus though...", Lex pondered the navi's words for a few seconds before coming up with an answer,

"How about that strong arrow chip?"

"Ok! Send the gun chips first!", but before the navi could even position himself, he found the power of the chips welling up within. crouching down into his battle position, Phantasm aimed and fired the wild shotgun at the closest powie virus, the raw power of the weapon sending his arm flying with the recoil, luckily for him, the flames of his arm quickly reformed back to the previous position but this time the weapon was aimed at the bunny duo, he fired it at the pair in a similar manner to the first weapon, although this time, the shear fact that he was using a weapon more akin to his own form allowed him to release even more of its power.

Turning his attentions to the bee like virus, Phantasm released his strongest weapon upon it, hoping that it would reach the target before the enemy could use its own attacks.

Actions
1. Cloak of Shadows on self (Grants 1 turn invisibility to target of choice)
2. Shotgun at PowieA (50 DMG, spread to PowieB, null damage)
3. Heat shot at BunnyA (40 + 10 Elemental Affinity, Fire damage, spread to BunnyB )
4. Arrow1 at Eleball (100 Elec DMG + homing, accuracy B )
Starting off, Phantasm cloaks himself in a tattered shroud, rendering most of the viruses unable to produce his location. He was therefore able to pick them off easily with a nice buckshot and flame burst combo, which deleted two of the paper dolls and one of the bunnies. Two of the viruses, however, were not fazed, the Eleball and the Champu. The Eleball simply charged itself up and infused the entire battlefield with its electrical charges, which the fire Navi could not escape. (5x4Actions) The Champu went one step further: it sensed the location of Phantasm, and proceeded to give him what-for. He was lucky that one of the punches missed, (10) so that he could release the Arrow bee-virus to exterminate the Eleball. Now all that was left was the purple Champu.

Ether stood silently as she observed the battle, seemingly oblivious to everything including her ally.

GeistChampu: 60HP
Eleball: DELETED
PowieA: DELETED
PowieB: DELETED
BunnyA: DELETED
BunnyB: 50HP

Phantasm.EXE: 110HP
Recoiling from the blow that landed from the champu, this unexpected attack caught Phantasm off guard but luckily his experience with the virus in the past allowed for him to skilfully dodge the second incoming blow, he used this time to fire the final attack before his cover was finally blown,

Flicking back to the battle screen from his various browser pages, Lex caught the receiving end of the fight through the dodgy display, seeing how things turned out, he pulled a few select chips from his pockets before laying them down on a small decrepit counter surface nearby. After a few moments of contemplation, the netop finally decided on a battle plan, "Phantasm, I'm going to send you that other new chip, the really powerful one, use it to take care of the bunny virus", and for once a quick stream of criticism and rebuttal didn't follow, instead the navi nodded his head in agreement as he positioned himself in sight of the bunny.

Phantasm turned to the bunny with his right arm held high, he only had to wait another moment before the chips launcher manifested itself in the form of a miniaturized virus head, not only was this weird enough but the chip itself seemed to have a strange amount of power compared to those he had previously felt, it seemed very unfamiliar but at the same time almost natural, this new found feeling was very short lived because almost as soon as the power registered within a giant bolt of energy leaped from the navi's weapon and proceeded to rush forwards with great celerity towards the unlucky bunny.

As all of this happened below, Lex called out with the next set of instructions as he inserted the required chips, "Your next move is to wait for that champu to attack, use this", as soon as Lex said this a large yellow shield appeared on the left arm of the navi, Lex continued, "Use the recovery time to strike back with this cannon".

Following the plan that Lex had set out with only minor changes, Phantasm held the shield up almost immediately and rushed forward towards the virus, dashing forwards with great speed, the navi held his free arm over the shield and fired it directly ahead, while suffered almost no knockback from the shot, the virus certainly will if it is unfortunate enough to take it directly.

Actions
1. ElecReel1 at BunnyB (80 Elec DMG, D vs Airborne / B vs Ground)
2. Guard 1 held in front for defence (1 Hit Shield) + (Reflect up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack)
3. Run at the GeistChampu virus
4. Cannon at GeistChampu (40 + knockback, null damage)
Moving on, Phantasm's invisibility cloak was disabled shortly after its activation, leaving him wide open to attack. His Elecreel didn't work so well, seeing as how they were all not on solid ground and floating and all. His Guard was a good choice, however, as it blocked the Bunny's electrical ring attack, bouncing it back at high speed. The Champu still had its fire, and went up to Phantasm to show him the pleasure of having fist connect to face. Unfortunately, the virus didn't get to, because as soon as they were both in range, Phantasm fired off a Cannon, knocking the Champu back and causing the punches to miss.

.... While everything was happening, Ether was still being as unhelpful as possible, even managing to take a snooze.

GeistChampu: 20HP
BunnyB: 30HP

Ether.???: 200HP [Omnishoes] [Sleeping]
"Grrrrrr....", Phantasm mumbled as the invisibility effect wore off, he was growing increasingly tired of the other navi's lack of involvement, this feeling of resentment grew to such a point that he expressed it in the only way he knew how to; with violence.

Phantasm wildly fired his default buster at the main target, aiming to catch the Champu of guard as it prepared to launch its next round of attacks, the navi then called out to his Netop for a more powerful weapon, "Send me the minibomb Lex, I'm gonna blow this damn bunny out of the nether", the navi didn't even have to wait before the bomb appeared in hand, which was strange seeing as his hand was made of flames, then again, the net world often didn't follow normal rules of logic.

Turning to face the bunny virus, it was only now that then navi finally realised the strange nature of the terrain around himself, it was nothing like he had ever seen or even heard of, just looking off into the distance gave him a strange sense of smallness, the kind that even the emptiness of the regular net didn't have, although the area did have its advantages, Phantasm seemed to be at home in the ethereal settings, the sense of weightlessness it gave felt just right to his ghostly form and he was going to use this to his advantage.

Pulling his arm back with great ferocity, his flaming arm was blurred as he threw the ball with great speed at the bunny virus, but rather than let things take their course, the navi aimed his fist towards the projectile and attempted to force detonate it with his buster as it neared the target.

The navi called out to Ether as he attempted his final play, "If all goes to plan you better get your arse in gear to sort out that weird champu"

Actions
1. Buster shot at GeistChampu (8 DMG)
2. Buster shot at GeistChampu (8 DMG)
3. Throw Minibomb at BunnyB (60 DMG + Blast 1)
4. Attempt to detonate the minibomb when it gets near BunnyB with a buster shot
[Bump]
Shooting the Champu a couple times, he lowered its health to critical levels before lobbing a bomb at the nearby Bunny. Before he could detonate it himself, however, the Bunny did that for him, its electrical ring triggering its explosive mechanism and deleting the virus in an instant.

Ether looked up at Phantasm's work, and said, "I was hoping you'd take longer. Oh well," before pointing a finger at the weakened boxer virus. A blue beam erupted from the tip of her finger, which enveloped the Champu in a brilliant sphere of blue light. The sphere closed in tightly into a small palm-sized orb, which flew over to Ether. The holographic Navi pocketed the orb promptly, before floating off and motioning for Phantasm to follow.

"Come, we have more work to do."

GeistChampu: DELETED?
BunnyB: DELETED

-BATTLE ONE, VICTORY!!-

Rewards: 720z
"Where the...", Phantasm shouted in total shock as he witnessed the other navi capturing the virus, this blatant show of power only went on to further enrage the easily agitated ghost. Calling out to the supposed 'ally' who had turned away from him, Phantasm made his true feelings known, "You know what, I've had it up to HERE with you", he held his hand way above his head, "Why didn't you just jump in with your blue beam capture thingy earlier!?", stopping mid rant, Phantasm calmed down for a second before suddenly bursting forth with an angry finger pointed steadily at the holographic navi, "WHY THE HELL SHOULD I HELP YOU?!".

Meanwhile in the real world, an awkward moment occurred, to the average observer nothing would have changed due to the quite atmosphere that was already in effect but to Lex there was a definite change in the room after his navi's outburst. In an attempt to bridge any hurt feelings, Lex turned to face Alexis once again, an obviously fake smile filled his face, "I'm sorry about that.... My navi has.... Problems...".

Following the other navi with a clear sense of resentment, Phantasm nevertheless trudged onwards, well as close to trudging as he could through the eerily weightless environment.

[Follow Ether]
Ether stopped very suddenly in her floating away, Phantasm seeing only her back. The holographic Navi turned back, obvious discontent plastered all over her face. She opened up a direct communication with her operator, but their speaking was loud enough for both Lex and Phantasm to hear, probably meant to be that way. The entire time, she leered at Phantasm with a sharp, cold glare.

"Alexis, he's getting restless," Ether commented.

"Fine. Tell him to shut up or else," Alexis replied, matter-of-factly. Harsh tones in his voice.

The holograph then gave Phantasm a more piercing glare, one that shook even his confident ego. "...I suggest that you be silent for the rest of our course If you do not comply, I cannot guarantee your safety." A threat, cold, unemotional. Direct. She then turned, where her gaze was met by more viruses floating in the aether, threatening and overbearing. There were quite a few of them, grouped together in a large group. Ether merely floated over to Phantasm's side, pointed to the viruses, and ordered, "Delete. The purple one, weaken as you did the last time."

Her extended finger lingered over to a particular enemy in the group, which was a purple Swordy, its body surrounded by twin flames of the same color. Just like last time. It brought out a sword, pulsing with purple lightning bolts, and pointed it at Phantasm. Apparently, it was the leader of the group, as every member of the viral gathering directed their gaze at him.

GeistSwordy-E: 80HP
Lark: 100HP
VolgearA: 80HP
VolgearB: 80HP
VolgearC: 80HP
CactyA: 70HP
CactyB: 70HP
CactyC: 70HP

Terrain: 100% Ethereal (Omnishoes To-All)

-BATTLE TWO, FIGHT!!-
"Urkh!", Phantasm exclaimed, his arms tensing upwards in a defensive position almost as if from instinct as he was buffeted by the harsh words of his employer, this fact was made crystal clear by the cold Ether. Having never experienced such a reproach before, the ghostly navi didn't know quite how to react, his usual two reactions of 'become really mad' or 'shoot at it' just didn't seem to be quite appropriate for this particular situation, instead he spoke in private mode to Lex, "Err... I don't... What the... Aww man this in confusing, what should I do Lex?"

Unfortunately for the navi, Lex was in a similar state of shock and for the first time, he was truly concerned for his and Phantasm's safety. Moving into the kitchen area of the apartment, Lex made sure he was out of earshot before he replied to his navi, "You know what Phantasm...", Lex paused, he glanced over his shoulder towards the door before continuing once again, although this time in a considerably quieter voice, "... We gotta get out of here and sooner rather than later, these people seem dangerous",

"Yeah...", the navi replied as if he were reflecting on something, "I don't think they'll just let us leave though...", Lex thought about this for a second before replying,

"Well just do as she says for now, I'm here with the chips as always and even if it does hit the fan, you can always vanish",

"Yeah I suppose so", the navi's grim face flickered to that of a happier smirk, even if it were only for a second or so. Just as the two finished there private conversation, Ether pointed out the next group of enemies and although any regular navi would have picked out the swordy to be the centre focus, all the navi saw was the giant floating fish, "L-L-L-L-L-LEX!!!!", the navi stuttered, "S-S-Send me that s-s-strong elec chip Arrow. Quick!", the requested item appearing just moments later allowed the navi to express his clear disdain for the aqua elemental, as he soared upwards, or downwards, it was quite hard to tell in the strange environment, he fired the arrow towards the target, its power representing the shear hatred he held for those of the aqua element. Calling to Lex while continuing in his arced pathway above the virii, Phantasm shouted, "Send me a Heatshot to take care of those plants, oh and the Minibomb could be useful",

"Roger that, chips are on their way", the Netop replied as he slotted in the previously mentioned chips, "you should bomb those fire virii", he continued before going back to his inspection of the kitchen area.

Still mid-flight, the navi gathered the heatshot's raw energy in his hand, moulding it for his own purposes, the flames seemed to mix with those of his own until it was virtually part of himself, this allowed him to release more of the true powers that was hidden within the chip as flung it with great strength at the nearest cacty virus below, he then proceeded to drop the Minibomb on the volgear group below him, aiming for the element of surprise akin to that of a stealth-bomber.

Actions
1. Fly in an arc towards the area directly above the virii
*Ability: Ambush. Add Phasing to the next action as a free action. (Once Per Turn)
2. Arrow1 at Lark while moving (100 x 2 elemental weakness Elec DMG + homing, accuracy B )+(Phasing)
3. Heat shot at CactyA (40+5 elemental affinity, x2 elemental weakness, Fire damage, spread to CactyB)
4. MiniBomb at Volgear group, centred on B(60 DMG + Blast 1)
As Phantasm scared himself shitless, the Lark was immediately taken care of by the powerful Arrow pseudo-virus. The Volgear began their assault of flaming towers, which floated through the air like some weird pyrotechnic show, one of which had the misfortune of crossing his path. (20 to Phantasm) His subsequent Heatshot took care of two other viruses before
the purple Swordy warped up to him and showed him who's boss. (20 to Phantasm) His bomb did nothing but float in the strange place before exploding some ways away from the Volgear group. Perhaps he had not thrown it with enough force.

Lark: DELETED
VolgearA: 80HP
VolgearB: 80HP
VolgearC: 80HP
CactyA: DELETED
CactyB: DELETED

Phantasm.EXE: 70HP
The virii had struck Phantasm with a great deal of damage, much more than he had expected or even prepared for, the knockback from the barrage effectively left him in a tailspin headed directly for the perpetrators, unfortunately Phantasm was still recovering from blows, he was in no fit state to stop the fall.

Lex watched the battle unfold with a grimace, all that could have gone wrong just seemed to happen and he wasn't quite sure how the navi would pull it back. Flicking through the remaining chip stock, Lex pulled out the Aquaknife, he spoke quietly to himself, "I wonder... maybe, just maybe...", realising the elemental advantage Phantasm would have with the aqua chip, Lex's only problem now was the whacked out state that Phantasm had found himself in. "Phantasm, PHANTASM! Snap out of it!", the Netop shouted down the PET mike, he had to wake the navi up somehow but this wasn't it but what else could he do? How could he remotely affect the navi? Suddenly A brain wave came to him, "Phantasm hates water... If I send him the chip, I can kill two birds with one stone!", Lex spoke out load too himself as he inserted the Aquaknife.

Rapidly spinning as he descended towards the volgear group, Phantasm was in a blissful state of ignorance to the situation but this all changed, when the power of the Aquaknife entered his systems, Phantasm was filled with a strange sense of dread, just enough to snap him out of his daze, "Uuuuuurgh..... WHAAAA! WHAT THE...", as Phantasm returned to the land of the awake, he was abruptly hit by the sudden realisation of his situation, "Wha... What the hell Lex!",

"Cloak yourself and then use the knife to kill the volgear group!", was all Lex could say in the short time Phantasm had to execute the plan, luckily for him, Phantasm was already one step ahead of him. As he spiralled downwards, the navi managed to appear his signature cloak from thin air, one corner became sucked into the vortex of the spin, enveloping him entirely after a few more spins. Using the combination of downwards speed and stealth, Phantasm formed the knife in his right hand, he then held it outwards to give his movement a more deadly element. The navi flew straight through the middle of the volgear group, slashing in a wild circle motion; he aimed for the shiny surface of their backs as he went. Flying past with great speed, it was only after he had ended up below the virii that he managed to slow himself to a stop.

Actions
1. Cloak of Shadows on self (Grants 1 turn invisibility to target of choice)
2. Aqua Knife at VolgearA (60 x 2 Elemental weakness, slashing DMG, Aqua B acc, Use 1/6)
3. Aqua Knife at VolgearB (60 x 2 Elemental weakness, slashing DMG, Aqua B acc, Use 2/6)
4. Aqua Knife at VolgearC (60 x 2 Elemental weakness, slashing DMG, Aqua B acc, Use 3/6)
Using his cloak as a sweeping disguise, Phantasm managed to off three Volgears in one go, without them knowing what hit them. The Swordy still did see him, however, and swung its blade at him. Fortunately, the swing missed, but something told him he wouldn't be so lucky in the future.

VolgearA: DELETED
VolgearB: DELETED
VolgearC: DELETED

Phantasm.EXE: 70HP [Invisible] [AquaKnife 3/6]
The action of slowing down in the ethereal environment was very strange to say the least, for one Phantasm had no actual foothold to speak of, instead his movements seemed to be more mind controlled than anything else, increasing the difficulty of his movements, although with the cons also came a considerable boon; total freedom of movement.

Eyeing up the Cacty virus from below, Phantasm twisted the dagger in his hand, "No point trying to attack head on, that swordy seems to get in my way at every turn, their must be something going on with those flames.... FLAMES!", as the navi finished whispering to himself, he suddenly held his free hand pointed straight at the Cacty, "I'm coming for ya!", crouching down onto one knee, head facing down, with a single flick of his head, the navi unexpectedly exploded, green flames spreading out in all directions.

Unbeknownst to all but the keenest of eye, Phantasm re-appeared almost immediately after the burst, directly behind the plant like virus, his blade poised for battle. Slashing swiftly at the virii's back in an attempt to deal some unexpected damage, Phantasm had learned from his previous encounters and instead of preparing another attack, the navi dodged backwards, expecting that the other virus may try to take advantage of his recovering state.

Actions
1. Fire Morph to get behind CactyC (Teleport)
2. Aqua Knife at CactyC's back (60, slashing DMG, Aqua B acc, Use 4/6)
3. Aqua Knife at CactyC's back (60, slashing DMG, Aqua B acc, Use 5/6)
4. Dodge GeistSwordy-E if it attacks
[Bump]
The Swordy took another stab at trying to hit Phantasm, but that was foiled quickly as the Navi exploded into flames. Elsewhere, a Cacty stood, dumbstruck as it was hacked into clean little slices with a short knife. Ether simply watched on, her eyes still wearing the same lazy half-lidded look. She curled herself up, made herself comfortable, and went to sleep.

VolgearA: DELETED
VolgearB: DELETED
VolgearC: DELETED
CactyC: DELETED

Phantasm.EXE: 70HP [AquaKnife 1/6]
Ether.???: 200HP [Omnishoes] [Sleeping]