"I need new chips!"

ViralMan grunted and clenched his fists as the bullets hit their mark. The planes continued flying around him. It would probably be best if he took one of them out now. Rising from his knees, the navi backpedaled at a jogging speed and picked a target. His arm lost its form and morphed into a purple vulcan. "You won't be shooting anyone else, ever," he said sternly.

"Enough talk, just shoot it!" interrupted Zeo.

Ignoring him, ViralMan took a few more seconds to aim and thrusted his gun arm out towards the FighterPlanes. A spray of bullets was sent soaring at one of them. Lacking quick, high damage options, he turned to his operator. "Well, what now?" Zeo held up their newest chip. "This one ought to help." He placed the FireHit1 in the PET. "But before you go punching anyone, try this new move." He pressed a button, and another shield popped up in ViralMan's left hand. The shield was followed by a short light show across ViralMan's form. Some of the navi's injuries and weariness disappeared. While this was certainly good for him, ViralMan felt like making a snide comment anyway.

"Healing and a uselss shield? Boy, was that worth it," he joked.

Zeo laughed. "The shield is just a bit of cover. Make sure you keep moving after you attack." Speaking of attacking, ViralMan wasn't completely sure how the new chip worked. From what the description said, it punched enemies from a distance, so he ran forward, hefting the shield. Acting as if one of the planes was right in front of him, he reached his now flaming hand back and curled it into a fist. The fist shot through to air to the extent of ViralMan's reach. He hoped he'd done it right. Following orders, he kept moving to avoid more damage.

"So, how'd it go?" asked Zeo casually.

1. Viral Vulcan to FighterPlaneA (20x3)
2. StimShield (+30HP, one hit shield)
3. FireHit1 to FighterPlaneC (60)
4. Dodge
Viralman, taking action, shot several times at the enemy plane, hitting it thrice and sending it crashing down into the ground. He then raised up a shield, healing himself in the process, before attempting to punch down a second and managing to hit. Unfortunately for him, the final Plane then attempts to get revenge on Viral by shooting at him, luckily, his shield prevented the first shot from hitting and the other two miss as Viral manages to dodge.

FighterPlaneA: DELETED
FighterPlaneB: 80HP
FighterPlaneC: DELETED

Terrain: 100% Normal

ViralMan.EXE: 80 HP [Guard Destroyed]
"Nice move, ViralMan."

A quick dodge left ViralMan running to the left. He slowed and panted lightly. "Hah, worked perfectly," he said. "Only one left." Indeed, the FighterPlane was still buzzing around overhead. "That's getting a bit monotonous. How do we end this, Zeo?" At this point, Zeo was staring at his remaining chips in disdain. He scoffed, and replied, "We're running low. Cannon, some slow moving or inaccurate projectiles, and melee chips." ViralMan cursed. Maybe for a ground enemy they'd work, but this would be much tougher. As he thought about it, the duo's remaining gun type chip appeared on the navi's arm. Seeing no reason to make it special, ViralMan aimed and fired the Cannon unceremoniously.

"Next?"

Zeo frowned. "Alright, nothing to do but try our last few chips." He carelessly inserted two of the chips. A bomb fell into ViralMan's right hand from a foot above him, and a CactBall1 into the other. He wound up, held the position for a moment, then pitched the MagBomb1 at the FighterPlane. Glancing down at his next attack, ViralMan sighed. "Maybe this one will work better. Godspeed, soldier." The green ball was cast towards the final virus. Unwilling to take another hit, the navi stared intently at the plane, ready to move if it survived his lackluster assault.

1. Cannon to FighterPlaneB (40)
2. MagBomb1 to FighterPlaneB (30/Stun)
3. CactBall1 to FighterPlaneB (20x2-4)
4. Dodge
The Cannon fire ripped right through the FighterPlane's left wing, causing it to slowly descend into a low altitude! Perfect for ViralMan's next attacks that finally finished the virus group off. Up in the air, the loot of the battle slowly fluttered down while being strapped on by an emergency parachute~

FighterPlaneA: DELETED
FighterPlaneB: DELETED
FighterPlaneC: DELETED

ViralMan.EXE: 80 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
600z
"Looks like that's a wrap," said Zeo happily.

ViralMan strolled over to the falling parachute and removed the reward data from it. "We are now 600 zenny richer. I guess we can't get chips every time." He did a quick sweep of the area, and picked a direction to continue in. "And Zeo, please remember to have our chips ready for the next battle." He started walking again. Zeo pouted. "I wouldn't forget. Ever. Well, maybe if I was distracted." Chips began popping out of the PET. "And remember, ViralMan, be careful. You don't have that much HP."

Waving the point away, ViralMan continued on.

"Sure, everything's fine until you take a sword to the back, then you'll worry about losing," said Zeo with slight annoyance.

((Battle 4.))
Viralman came across four viruses circling around a hole in the floor. It was strange, but it got even more weird when a mole's face and a shovel popped out from the pit to greet him.

LarkA: 100 HP
LarkB: 100 HP
LarkC: 100 HP
LarkD: 100 HP
Momogra: 60 HP

ViralMan.EXE: 80 HP

[Battle 4 - Begin!]
"...okay..." was ViralMan's response upon sighting the viruses.

It looked like they were worshiping the Momogra. Of course, that probably wasn't the case. They were all reasonably close together, and the circlers looked like fish, so maybe it would work. "Zeo!" he called. Zeo turned to look at the PET and held up some battlechips. "Whaddya need?" ViralMan smiled. "Ironically, I need that MagBomb again." He held out his hand. The ball fell into his hand, and he prepared to throw it. Maybe the viruses had noticed him already, maybe they hadn't. If they hadn't, they were in for a surprise. The bomb arced over the closest Lark and continued towards one slightly further away.

"Finally a use for our slow moving Elec type chips. We need some that shoot lightning or something," said ViralMan.

Zeo agreed. "Sadly, Electown is not populated with Elec type viruses as its name implies. See if you can get a little closer, I've had enough of staying back taking potshots."

ViralMan dashed forward. "Says the guy who just complained about my HP." He jumped into the air a few feet from the closest Lark. In midair, a Sword materialized on his arm, and he swung it over his head at the virus. Upon touching the ground, he backed up and punched his arm out at another Lark. His arm changed to a buster and he fired a crackling ball of electricity at it. The ball moved slowly. Very slowly. When he had retreated to a safe distance, ViralMan sighed.

"Yeah, we really need better Elec chips."

1. MagBomb1 to possibly unexpecting LarkC (30, Elec, Stun, Blast 2) (x2)
2. Sword to LarkA (80)
3. Thunder to LarkD (40, Elec) (x2)
4. Dodge
Viralman lobbed a fat bomb that landed close enough to one of the Larks to catch it in its electric field. Another Lark flew into the field and was also damaged and stunned in the process. The other two Larks stopped circling the Momogra and turned to face Viralman. One of them caught a Sword to the face but it refused to fall, instead blasting Viralman with a wide wave of water. The second Lark attacked as well but Viralman countered with his Thunder and dodged out of the way. The electric ball chased down the Lark and stunned it as well. The Momogra then moved away from its central spot amongst the viruses, tunneling to another hole. Strangely enough, the first hole that it was occupying seemed to disappear when it moved away.

LarkA: 20 HP
LarkB: 40 HP [stun]
LarkC: 40 HP [stun]
LarkD: 20 HP [stun]
Momogra: 60 HP

ViralMan.EXE: 60 HP [sword: 5 uses remaining]
((Not that I like taking damage, but it sounds like the Lark I hit with the Sword hit me.))

"Heh, the useless chips suddenly have a big use!" laughed ViralMan, holding his Sword up in front of him.

Three enemies stunned by what were previously subpar chips. Not bad. It would be better to defeat the still moving viruses first, so ViralMan sprinted at the Lark he'd slashed previously. "Sushi time," he remarked, winding up for a swing. In one swift motion, he spun around, striking at the fish virus and ending up facing the Momogra. "Alright Zeo, this thing can probably dodge pretty quickly, so I need something fast." He checked the stunned Larks as he talked.

Zeo tossed a chip into the air, caught it, and...nearly put it in the wrong way. He promptly flipped the FireHit1 around and slotted it in with much less style.

"On the way," he said, subdued.

The Sword on ViralMan's arm burst into stray data and was replaced by the navi's fist, albeit a burning one. He took a few steps, and while still a few yards away, he positioned both fists in front of his face like a boxer. He jabbed with his non-flaming hand, then punched his other arm, sending fire at the Momogra. Now there was some stunned fish to be dealt with. If they were still stunned at this point. Returning his attention to the Larks, he targeted one with his buster.

"It might be possible to end this now. Send Shotgun," ViralMan ordered.

Sighing, Zeo provided the chip. "I though I was supposed to give the orders." ViralMan ignored him and followed through with his shot, sending a yellow ball of energy flying at the Larks. He wasn't sure how long the stun lasted, so he took a few steps back from his already distanced spot and readied himself for any counterattacks.

1. Sword to LarkA (80)
2. FireHit1 to Momogra (60)
3. Shotgun to LarkC (50, possible spread)
4. Dodge

ViralMan cuts down one Lark with his Sword before disintegrating it and throwing a FireHit at the Momogra...

...which wasn't anywhere near him, or anywhere in sight, actually. Oh well.

Taking his chances, the variable navi fired off a shotgun blast toward the other, incapacitated, Larks, hitting two of them in one shot.

The last Lark slowly regained its motor senses while the Momogra popped out of the ground right behind him and slammed its shovel right to ViralMan's side. It was kind of open now, though.

LarkA: DELETED
LarkB: 40 HP
LarkC: DELETED
LarkD: DELETED
Momogra: 60 HP [Behind ViralMan]

ViralMan.EXE: 45 HP
"Ack!" ViralMan cried.

Sensing that the offender was still behind him, he whirled and stuck his arm out inches from the Momogra. It morphed into a vulcan, and he ensured the gun was pressed up against the virus. "Attacking me is going to be the last mistake you ever make." He fired the gun's entire supply at the Momogra, leaving the barrels smoking. The navi held the weapon up and blew off the smoke, cowboy style. As the gun returned to its regular form, a hand, ViralMan turned to approach the Lark.

"ViralMan, I'm sending you Cannon. Nothing fancy, just end it," said Zeo tiredly.

Barely nodding, ViralMan closed the distance between him and the Lark. About five feet from the virus, he stuck out the Cannon and then jumped over it, turning in the air and firing the chip at the Lark's back. The recoil from the Cannon helped ViralMan cover a bit more distance before landing on one knee, with his opposite hand resting on the floor.

Zeo sighed again. "I said nothing fancy."

ViralMan shrugged. "What's wrong with a bit more entertainment? Got a problem out in human land?"

"Just getting tired of dodging shoppers. May be time to go soon," replied Zeo.

1. Viral Vulcan to stupid Momogra (20x3)
2. Cannon to LarkB (40)
3. Dodge
4. Dodge
Viralman takes care of the Momogra with his custom Vulcan before finishing the battle with a quick Cannon shot. The Lark explodes, leaving behind a small pile of zenny. No battlechip data though.

LarkA: DELETED
LarkB: DELETED
LarkC: DELETED
LarkD: DELETED
Momogra: DELETED

ViralMan.EXE: 45 HP

[Battle 4 - Victory!]

Get: 700z
"Yay. More money," said ViralMan in a undertone.

"Don't complain. Money leads to upgrades," admonished Zeo.

ViralMan waved him away and collected the zenny. "Huh. Not bad, I guess." He strolled a bit further down his path, then stopped. "Zeo, you mentioned something about stopping?" He placed his hands behind his head with a tired look. His operator stretched and scratched his head. "Yeah. I think we've done enough for now, and even if you healed again, it may not be enough."

"I could do with some rest, I suppose." Yawning, ViralMan began to glow. A beam of light bore him out of the Net and back to his PET.