More Bonding!

Enigma stayed silent throughout the events, only hearing distant sounds of distress as his hearing had been amplified due to the absence of his vision. Quietly, subtly, as Spool continued his "story" and Turbine nearly died, he murmured, Ceres. What the hell is going on?

Ceres made sure the mic was on private before informing him, Big just tried to come around and help you, but fell off and nearly killed Turbine in the process. Now, he's slumped over on the ground, looks like an undershirt just saved him or something...

Spool. Release me. This is embarrassing, Enigma growled, making a mental note of Spool's monologue before continuing. I'll have you know that I'm no friend of the NetPolice. I have much more than petty vengeance for them-- but that isn't your business, really. Anyways, more to the point-- there is no evidence to prove you aren't lying about Turbine. As far as I can... well, not so much see anymore, but tell, you're just chasing him down and murdering him.

Enigma... Turbine's bike is quite close to you... sit tight, though. We'll wait this one out. Ceres advised, and then switched off the "private" function on his PET. Jay. Keep Big out of this-- well, you can always help Enigma, if you like, or just get a head start towards him... and Spool... can't we just avoid the violence? Wouldn't it be better to keep Turbine as a hostage? The NetPolice have to have something you'd like...

I'll say this again: let me go, you crazy bastard, Enigma snapped, struggling a bit in his bonds, but not taking any real action to escape. I'm not going to waste valuable effort breaking your... what are these, tools? Weapons? Whatever they are. If you really want me to, well, sure...

Enigma. Calm down. You're not really in a position to be threatening him...

Enigma just made a few grumbling noises in response, shifting around a bit inside his cloth prison.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
: 110
1: Talk it out? I don't know. I guess this is a dodge.
ALL SIGS: Ready!
As Big flew off the bike, taken by surprise at Turbine's defense, he looked back to see Spool heading towards Turbine and himself. He hit the ground with a thundering "crash", but quickly got up to see what had happened. He looked in the Bike's direction just in time to see Turbine bail, and then checked the other way to see Enigma still mummified, but unattended.

"Aw crap..." Big muttered, knocking his fist against his head. "...What do I DO?! Spool would reach me first if I tried to help Enigma, but that would leave Turbine all alone, an' he don't look too great right now... CRAP!"

"BIG!" Jay shouted through the PET. "Calm down! Enigma can handle himself. We gotta help Turbine right now. Get over to him, ASARIGHTNOW."

Without further question, Big began to run as fast as he could towards Turbine, hoping that Spool wouldn't pull any tricks.

1-3. Run to Turbine
"NOooo..." Turbine's groan tapers off as he tries to raise himself up, only to find parts of his body crumbling away. First, his right leg up to the thigh, then his left arm up to the shoulder. He started to drag himself away from Spool, but was unable to make much progress, his body decomposing and fixing itself at near the same rate.

Spool scoffed at Enigma, "Petty vengeance? What if I killed your friend over there right now?" He points at Big, saying 'Bang!', as if he were a child playing cops and robbers.

"Would that be 'petty vengeance'?" He questioned, "Moreover... It doesn't matter if you 'trust my word' or not. Victory goes to the strong, and it looks like lady luck has favored the 'Strong' another day." He laughs at Enigma's reference to his scarves simply being tools or objects.

"Do you seriously think I'd just throw 'just objects' at you? Those are your shackles, fool. Ah, it's been a while since I've seen such stupidity in a navi. Usually they scream for mercy. Maybe it's because I didn't apply enough pain. " He tosses Enigma a wad of zenny.

"Go buy yourself some skill, loser."

The zenny hits the binding scarf with a thud, and slides to the ground next to Enigma.

--

Turbine continues to drag himself as his body begins to overcome the traumatic effects of the crash. He seems at the very least, somewhat deluded as he yells something about his eyes. As he crawls over to Big, Big can see that Turbine's eyes are now uncovered, but with a strange completely black pupils. The whites are still there, but the pupils and iris are completely black.

--

Spool keeps walking toward Turbine and Big, a malicious smile on his face.

Terrain: 100% Normal

Spool:??? [4 Tactical actions away from Turbine/Big] [9 Tactical Actions away from Enigma]
Enigma: 110 HP [9 Tactical Action away from Spool][13 Tactical actions away from Big/Turbine] [Stun*3] [Blind]
-Scarf:40
-Scarf:20

--'Turbine's' Bike: 240 [4 Tactical Actions away from Enigma]
---Piece of Cloth: 10

Big: 80 HP [13 Tactical Actions Away from Enigma][4 Tactical actions away from Spool] [With Turbine]
Turbine: 31 HP [4 Tactical Actions away from Spool] [13 Tactical actions away from Enigma][With Big] [Blinded]

ENIGMA GET: 2750 Z
= -scrambles over thrown cash like the Jew he is/like a frantic orphan child- =

Enigma, who had already been almost literally steaming from every facial orifice, was now ready to burst. Strong? I'll show you strong, he growled, before closing his eyes momentarily, not contemplating his next move so much as preparing for it mentally.

Enigma! Wait, don't do anything stu-- Ceres began, knowing what Enigma was about to attempt.

All he's done is embarrass me. For some reason, he hasn't actually done damage-- I'm going to bring the fight to him now, Enigma replied slowly and deliberately, as parts of his data began to disintegrate inside of the cloth prison.

God damn it, why don't you ever listen to me? Ceres snapped, feeling once again that he was in the right and his navi was pushing his way right into demise.

Because you're not always right, Enigma said simply, and then his facial features melted into nothingness as he retraced himself into a small orb. Hopefully, the scarves would shrink to fit him...

But what if I am?! Ceres demanded, pounding on the table. Enigma deigned not to reply, and instead continued with his plan. Ceres turned a deep shade of red, and then yelled again, Respond!

Instead, Enigma took a deep breath, and then pushed some of his internal strength outwards to his fluctuating data, which (had anyone been able to see inside the cloth) made a small, deep violet aura outline the Enigma-sphere. Without warning, he sent the command for his data extensions to attack, pushing them into action hastily. Spears of data, still flickering and very obviously pixelated, flew out of every other radius of the sphere, leaving about a one-spike interval between each spike itself. The spears were missing a few chunks, but definitely looked lethal enough to seriously harm a normal navi. I swear, if this doesn't get me out... Enigma grumbled, praying internally that his improvised plan would let him get some ground on Spool.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
: 110
1: Attempt to escape (Strike of the Gods) > Scarf pieces [60 DMG, I'm not sure if it splits between them or not, your choice, 2TCD]
Strike of the Gods: Just used-- 2 turns until ready.
Data Influx: Ready!
Data Vampirism: Ready!
Big tensed up again as Spool simply pointed at Big and mocked him as he shot with his finger.

"Sonofa..." Big grumbled, starting to stomp towards Spool. "I'm gonna go kick his patched up little ass..."

"Big!" Jay shouted. "I thought I said to help Turbine, and not do anythin' stupid! You ain't goin' anywhere!"

Big began to protest, but instead just turned around and kept by Turbine's side with his arms folded, staring back at Spool.

I guess I owe it to 'em... Big thought. I kinda got him into this mess, and I ain't leavin' him to die.

1-3. Guard Turbine (Dodges)
= Not a bump, just making it obvious that Zero posted. =
= However, THIS is a bump. =
Spool walks up to Big, simply lashing out a fist.

Which misses.

He frowns, then lashes out again, this time grabbing Big by the throat, hoisting him into the air.

"Your effort to protect that scum is admirable, but if you think I'll let you stop me--"

The conversation stops at that as Turbine slams his hand into the ground, creating a sequence of broken panels, dropping both Big and Spool into a pit.

"Sorry---" He whispered as he rose up and stumbled away even further.

Getting back to Enigma, Enigma manages to shear his bonds.

The bike next to him suddenly manages to get back on its wheels and starts zooming by Enigma. Maybe he could catch a ride?

There is the sound of an engine coming from the direction Spool came from.

Terrain: 75% Normal, 25% Broken

Enigma: 110 HP [12 Tactical Action away from Spool/Big][13 Tactical actions away from Turbine]

Spool:??? [With Big] [12 Tactical Actions away from Enigma] [1+2 Tactical actions away from Turbine(2 to climb out of hole included)]
Big: 80 HP [12 Tactical Actions Away from Enigma][1+2 Tactical actions away from Turbine(2 to climb out of hole included)] [With Spool]

--'Turbine's' Bike: 240 [1 Tactical Actions away from Enigma]
---Piece of Cloth: 10

Turbine: 61 HP [1+2 Tactical Actions away from Spool/Big] [13 Tactical actions away from Enigma]
Enigma, angered, but free at last, re-formed himself from his little spiky orb of destruction just in time to see Turbine drop Big and Spool into a pit and then run away. He narrowed his eyes, not liking the situation one bit. His train of thought was immediately interrupted by the sight of the bike picking itself up and heading towards him, which would alarm most navis anyways. You cowardly little fucker, he growled, not intending anyone to hear it, really, but more just for self-justification.

Ceres, although still steaming from just about every possible orifice, agreed with his navi wholeheartedly. Without saying a word, he slotted in a simple AirRaid chip, and then watched with a sort of grim satisfaction as Enigma jumped in surprise, noticing the plane behind him just in time to "form" around it, letting it pass through his torso. The compact jet sped towards Turbine menacingly, just as Ceres had programmed it to. Enigma, frowning, looked up to Ceres -- At least I'm not the only one who's mad.

Shut up and get the bike, Ceres snapped, and then sat back, turning to Jay irritably. Don't let Big hurt Spool too much. I mean, I know you're not the most eloquent of all people, but at least try to reason things out. Enigma will be on his way shortly... he said bossily, and then amended himself. Please.

Enigma, nodding in agreement, turned to Turbine's materialized motorcycle that was slowly wheeling its way closer to him, and picking up speed rapidly. Trying to time as best he could, Enigma took a wild leap at the bike, attempting to grapple using his transforming abilities, hopefully latching onto the bike somewhat and turning it towards Turbine, creating some sort of pursuit scenario. As he approached the bike, he eyed the flapping piece of cloth latching onto it warily, but ignored it for now-- he had bigger fish to fry. Hopefully, Spool was done with him for the meantime. After all, he was finishing his job for him, wasn't he?

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 110
1: AirRaid1 Summon > Orders: Pursue (and destroy) Turbine.EXE [At least I think this is how you work it.]
2-4: Attempt to grab bike, between two and three 'tactical actions' of moving towards Turbine if successful.
Strike of the Gods: 1 turn until ready.
Data Influx: Ready!
Data Vampirism: Ready!
(( NAVIS CAN BLEED. THEY DID IN THE MANGA ))

Big smashed into the bottom on Turbine's pit face first, bloodying his nose and generaly hurting. A lot."

"GOD DABN!" Big yelled, clasping his nose. "EH URHT MAH DOSE!" Blood still managed to seep through his nose, though. His fingers were much to large to grab a firm hold on his own nose.

"Ah, quit yer griping!" Jay said with a quick smirk. "Jus' focus on getting outta that pit and regrouping with Engima an' Turbine!"

"Fide." Big said, releasing his nose with a small spurt of blood. While keeping his eye on Spool, Big dashed to the nearest wall and grasped a hold on a small rock jutting out. He hefted himself up, and began to climb... and came to a screeching halt after the third ledge.

"Dang! There ain't no more rocks to grab a hold of!" Big said, looking around for a possible ledge.

"Well, we don't have time to relocate! Just use your head, Big!" Jay said, shrugging. Of course, Big, being that absolute tard that his is, takes this completely the wrong way.

"Use my head, eh?" Big says, smirking. "I suppose!" Without further contemplation, Big drew his head back and smashed, full force, into the wall he was climbing on. The result- a rather sizable hole in the stone, perfect for a foothold!

"Great!" Big said, ecstatic. "I should only hafta do that about... 6 more times? 7? Ah! Who's counting?" Using this strange process, Big slowly worked his way up the wall.

________
1-2. Climb out of Hole
3. Dodge
= Well, this is a bump, but if you post sometime tonight, Eon, I'm going to have band literally all day tomorrow. 9-10. Zero, could you please post if I'm unavailable? XD =
Turbine continues to limp away, nearly oblivious of everything around him. He seems to be panting out some unintelligible words as he stumbles his way with clumsy leaden steps. Enigma then commands the small fighter plane. The Airraid zooms toward Turbine, who remains completely oblivious, his face twisted in pain. The plane twists and turns, then fires a barrage of shots at the defenseless navi. With a groan, he is thrown to the ground, and twists his upper torso slowly around, just in time to receive the last shots to the face.

His data dissolves, into millions of tiny azure datum, and he is deleted.

Spool, climbing out of the hole by using a network of prehensile scarves is abruptly surprised by the sight of the rapidly disappearing data. He turns to the side, grabbing Big.

"Looks like your former friend has done my work for me. Well, he's got a choice now. He can kill you, or I can shoot you very far away from here, extremely painfully. Or I can kill you, if you like. Which would you like to do, Netpolice bitch?" He has a wicked grin on his face, seeming that he'd not care much if Big chose the latter option.

The sound of the engine reveals itself to be an armored assault truck with what looks like a miniature armory of artillery on the top. The armored wheels screech on the 'asphalt' of the net, driving its way closer extremely quickly.

"...Oh, my reinforcements. Never really needed them, you know. I guess the head honcho is still a bit worried about me, y'know. Anyway, here comes the cavalry, policeboy, better make your choice quick--- before it's taken out of my hands. I can almost hear them baying for blood." Spool chuckles darkly as he hefts Big. "On a sidenote, I didn't think your 'friend' had it in him to kill an officer of the netpolice in cold blood." the Netmafia navi shrugs.

"The most surprising things come from desperate people, I suppose? Make your choice, and make it quick."

---

Meanwhile, Enigma manages to hook himself a ride on the Bike as he launches the Airraid. He finds the bike abruptly stopping as Turbine dies, spinning and tumbling as it suddenly loses all sense of direction. It remains there, though. The bike obviously ain't his. Any normal SP or Signature would have vanished with the death of Turbine. The piece of cloth is destroyed in the crash.

Terrain: 75% Normal, 25% Broken

Enigma: 80 HP [5 Tactical Action away from Spool/Big]

Spool:??? [Has Big by the throat] [3 Tactical Actions away from Enigma]
Big: 80 HP [3 Tactical Actions Away from Enigma]['With' Spool]

--'Turbine's' Bike: 240 [Inactive, 2 away from Enigma, 4 away from Spool/Big]

Turbine: DELETED[size=75][font=impact][/size][/font][size=75][font=impact][/size][/font]

Armored Vehicle:
Chassis: 90 [Stonebody]
-Wheel: 30 HP
---Engine: 30 HP
-----???:???
[15 Tactical Actions away from Enigma, 18 from Spool/Big] [Closing in at extremely quick pace]
Spool, Enigma growled, not moving one inch from his position other than to straighten himself from the crash. Big is innocent, unlike that NetPolice scum. He knows nothing of the situation; he wants only for no one to die. Let him jack out in peace, he demanded, sounding as sure of himself as he ever would be.

I'm sorry for getting you involved in this, Jay, Ceres said apologetically, turning to his partner sadly. I honestly had no idea we were going to be caught up in past politics. Your best option would probably be to jack out safely-- unless you really want to deal with me, Spool, AND the tank.

I'm going to take this bike, Enigma said slowly, and then I am going to drive it, if it cooperates, very slowly towards the pair of you. I am hoping, that by the time you have arrived, neither of you have done anything stupid, Big can leave in peace, and that maybe I can smooth things out with you.

Ceres, sighing, decided to admit something. Spool, Big hasn't done a damned thing to you other than destroy some bits of cloth that were attacking him first. Obviously, you don't care about them anyways...

Enigma, meanwhile, slowly backed up towards the careening bike, and casually ordered the fighter-jet back to him, and had it stop, circling, above Big and Spool, as as a sort of intimidation, hopefully. As he approached the bike, he leaned down very carefully towards it, and picked it up, hoping it wouldn't go crazy and buck him off again. Big... are you going to go peacefully, or will I have to do this the hard way? he thought sadly.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 80
1-2: Advance towards, hopefully secure Bike [2 actions]
3-4: Talk it out! [Dodges]
AirRaid1: Circle, DO NOT ATTACK Big and Spool

ALL SIGS: READY!
(( I am allowed to punch Ceres. got the okay from Hiko. :3 ))

At hearing this from his partner, Jay simply stared into Ceres with intense, green eyes. "Wha... what do you mean, deal with YOU and them? What the hell does that mean?!" His expression went from dumbstruck, to anrgy, but quickly changed to a calm sort of rage. "I don't know what the ef you're up to..." Jay said, averting his gaze. "But whatever it is, I just wanna let you know that Big an' I are always gonna be here if you ever need somethin' like this."

For a moment, Jay simply stood there, fists shaking by his sides, his eyes shut closed. Then, without warning, his arm whipped out, and backfisted Ceres across the face. "Just think 'bout what you're getting into. C'mon Big, we're leavin'."

Big scowled at Spool for a few seconds, then began to look back and forth between Spool and his operator's monitor. "Fine." Big said curtly to his Op. He turned back to Spool, and said, "Here's a parting gift." With all due respect, he gave SPOOL a punch across the face, only, this one was much more hateful, obviously.

"Big, jackin' out."

Spool was shocked by the attack, and didn't have time to dodge. However, he reacted with reflex, jamming a fist into Big's stomach, then that transformed into an Airshot3, sending Big flying into the distance. Big jacked out just fine, though.

(It's your choice whether or not to report Turbine's death to the Netpolice or not.)

Big's Reward: BigHammer1

"I'll call that punch payback and we can leave it at that, brat." He spat out at the air, wiping some digital blood off his lip. The punch was more an insult to dignity than anything else.

"Now, you-- you should probably join the Netmafia. If you don't.. " Spool shrugged noncommittally. "I won't be responsible for what happens to you, anyway."

"Oh, right. This is yours, I guess. Congratulations, your first murder in cold blood." The remainder of Turbine's data was handed to Enigma in the form of a chip.

Enigma's Reward: Areagrab

The vehicle skidded to a halt, and the objects folded away. What was left was a skulky navi with oily brown hair. He looked shifty, and a sneer was permanently pasted across his face.

"Didja leave none for me, Spool? The rest've the boys will be reaaal disappointed to hear that. They wanted netpolice chunks of data. They're gonna be here shortly. Is this your new friiiend?"
= DIDJA MISS ME? XD =

Enigma, sighing sadly at the jackout of his partner, bowed his head, and then looked to Spool curiously. I have to say I'm not pleased with the entirety of this outcome.

I apologize, Jay, Ceres said solemnly, and then leaned in on the discussion. In all honesty, neither of us are friends of the NetPolice, but I'm not quite sure if I want to associate myself with the, with all due respect, least reputable organization in the world...

I'm in, Enigma announced suddenly, a trace of a smile crossing his lips. Tell me what papers to sign, eh?

Enigma, you can't jump into this. I don't think the best way to solve the problem is revenge, Ceres snapped, eyes flaring momentarily. Killing every single NetPolice agent won't make us feel any better about it... or make Dad come back.

Maybe it won't make you feel better, Enigma frowned, and continued on -- But it will sure as hell make me feel better. And besides, I can't kill all of them. Only enough so that those haughty bastards realize I'm a threat...

The idea of making them pay is just as appealing to me as it is to you, trust me-- but maybe there are better ways of going about them.

I'll figure them out later. Spool, and, well, you there. How do I get in...?

Ceres just sighed and looked around sadly before drawing his well-fingered pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and lighting up, sitting back in his chair and trying to figure out how things had gone wrong.
= Scores of trumpets serenade the messenger as he approaches Lord Eon's castle, riding fast on his brilliantly white steed. Long, dark hair whipping behind him in the wind and chain mail glinting, he approaches the citadel with all the self-righteousness of the King himself. Calling his steed to a halt suddenly, he lurched forwards in a sort of galloping trot and click-clack of hooves. Clearing his throat, and raising a small horn to his lips and playing one note, he unrolled a small scroll from his pack and read as loud as he could,
BUMP. =
Spool muttered something at the sleazy looking guy, who seemed to take offense, but wheels formed, and he sank into a his armored car, driving back to--- wherever he came from.

As he disappeared into the distance, Spool turned once again to Enigma.

"I wish I could have had my hands on him for a while longer, but I suppose it's decently better than him getting to the Netpolice. Speaking of whom, you shouldn't be here anymore. There's a pretty good chance Turbine's death set off an alarm somewhere along the line. Well, we'll send an email to you inviting you officially, but if you meet up with any other Netmafia members, just mention my name. They'll leave you alone."

Spool began to walk away, his pace a leisurely stroll.
Enigma nodded in understanding, implying his thanks, and then jacked out, leaving nothing but a few indigo specks of data where he had been.

= JACKOUT. =

Quote ()

Name: Turbine.exe
Reported missing: September 30th
Time of deletion: September 28th, approx. 12:00 PM
Estimated cause of deletion: Unknown
Evidence: Bike signed out by Turbine.exe at scene; Battlechip data fragments found, conflict suspected; No Navi ID traces found.

Poor shmuck. He went out on a regulation assignment like hundreds of other officers do every day, and he has the luck to go and get himself deleted. There were apparently some special orders he was under, but hell if that matters anymore. I'm here to figure out why this guy died, not what the bastard ate for breakfast that morning. And, of course, this report is full of crap. These rookies in forensics have no idea what they're doing. Speaking of looney forensics...

"Blacklight! Found anything yet?!" I shouted over to my nerd of a partner. I doubt he heard me; he gets really in the zone when working. Either way... Staring at this half-assed report isn't gonna do me any good. Time to do some profiling of my own... But I guess I need Blacklight's info first. Guess I'll have to snap him back into reality. And there's only one way I know to do that...

*kick*

I jam my foot right into his side as he hunched over to examine a spot on the ground. Naturally, he falls flat on his ass and looks up at me confusedly. Every time, every time...

"Find anything useful yet?"

"4 Navis, the deleted included. Turbine's ID is easy enough to find since we have him in the database already. There are 2 more that will be easy enough to ID back at the lab, but... This last one is completely blank. Someone knew how to clean up their tracks, and do it really, really well. That worries me. A lot."

Blacklight does usually get a little shaken when he can't decode trace data, I guess. Well... That should be enough info to start. I just need to take a quick drag... Ahhh. I don't know if I could do this job without a cigarette. Alright, here goes:

"Sounds like Turbine bit off more than he could chew. For this guy to know how to wipe his trace data fragments... Netmafia. No grunt, either."

"I wouldn't bet against it. However..."

"He's not the deleter. We wouldn't even have the evidence we do now if he was. That leaves one of the 2 others." Keep finding clues, Blacklight. Profiling is my job. Tch... Now I'm annoyed. Time for another drag.

Thankfully, and for his own good, my partner gets up ands begin following a new trail of data. Considering he's looking through that imaging visor all the time, I'm amazed he never mixes up what he's already materialzed and what isn't. Oh well, makes my job easier... Great. He's walking in circles. Just great. I'm going to need to light another cigarette before this investigation's done...

"This is the point of deletion." he says assertively, pointing straight into the middle of the circle he'd walked about 10 times already.

"And lemme guess... The weapon was the donut you've been running around for the past 2 minutes."

"Very funny." Don't have to tell me twice, bub. "Anyway... There are traces of Battlechip use in a circular pattern here. And, as it turns out, this is the endpoint of Turbine's trace. Judging from the bullet remains and the movement pattern, I'd say it was an AirRaid."

Huh. Don't see that chip every day. "There any trace from the user?"

"Well... It's a remote chip. I doubt there'd be any direct residue. But maybe..." And there he goes with one of his incomplete thoughts, turning on his dark beam again to follows the prints. "... Following the chip's path will lead back to the user. Got it." I'd hope so. It's what you're paid to do. He materializes what looks like the guy's footprint traces and extracts some to a vial.

"Alright, you got your sample. Get back to HQ so you can identify it."

"What's eating you, Chicago? You sound even more irritated than usual." Tch. This guy's been my partner for too long. Guess I have to answer since we're both getting into the patrol car now...

"Just don't like this case. The other departments piss me off, but he was still NP. One of us. The punk that did this isn't going to get away so easily."

Man, it's been a while since I had a grudge on a case. It was probably some upstart punk who did it, too, which just really bites me. Huh... I guess I should toss this cigarette before getting in the car. Now... Nah, I'll let it burn. Maybe Turbine could use a little smoke after this.