More Bonding!

Big stifled a laugh as he watched his partner use an oh-so-crude method of performing the flameline attack, only to remember his own idiocies that had happened barely a day ago. Upon remembering this, Big threw a bit of a fit, and suddenly, an uneeded contempt towards the viruses occured.

Big noticed how one of the enemies appeared to be made of stone- and that Enigma was shouting something about it. As soon as Big recognized its status as StoneBody, he grinned.

Jay knew exactly what Big was up to, and entered the Cannon chip before Big even spoke. The data surged around familiarly, but instead of the traditional bazooka, this one appeared to have...

A metal fist on the end?

Smirking, Big hefted the Cannon up to is shoulder, and took aim at the slowed virus. Pulling the trigger, fire began to rocket out of the back of the fist, and it lauched slowly, but growing in speed as it flew. Instead of WATCHING the collision, Big closed his eyes, cupped a hand over his ear, and listened for the shattering of stone.

After a moment, Big decided it was taking long, and simply continued with his attack. Jay slotted in the ever-popular Shotgun, and big recieved it quickly. Knowing that he could probably knock out at least another virus with it, he took aim at the Elebee that Enigma weaked and its counter part.

Big yanked on the trigger, and let loose the friendly blast to streak towards the viruses like it always did. And by friendly, I mean friendly to Big.

(( SHORT POST IS SHORT ))
= Bump'd. =
Enigma starts off, smirking as he sent the flameline searing at the opponents. Have they been consumed in flames?
Not at all.
It seems the Flameline affects things that aren't flying in the air. Undeterred, the fragmented navi blasts fire at four targets, damaging them severely, deleting one.
Big owns a Hardhead like it was nothing, then finishes off one Elebee, while deleting the other.
The FighterPlanes rush in, firing at Big and Enigma, who dodge away.
An Elebee charges in, slamming into Big and sending him into Enigma.

FighterPlaneA: 140 HP
FighterPlaneB: 140 HP
FighterPlaneC: 140 HP
HardheadA: DELETED
HardheadB: DELETED
EleballA: 40 HP (Magnet)
EleballB: 40 HP (Magnet)
ElebeeA: 50 HP
ElebeeB: DELETED

Terrain: 80% Metal, 20% Magnetic (scattered)

Enigma.exe: 90 HP
Big.exe: 70 HP
= WHAT?! I asked PA, and he said it would be alright as long as the ground panels weren't broken.

Also-- Big hitting me does 30 damage? =
((Yeah, well Ground type chips are called Ground type chips for a reason, meaning affecting anything that doesn't have a Flying attribute coded into their system.
And, think of Big slamming into you like a Rageclaw throw, except more of a tackle.
That does 30 DMG.
Geez, it's not like you're insta-deleted or anything. I mean, taking damage, doing things that won't affect the opponent, are all part of learning.
So...
Now you know.))
= -grumbles- Fine, fine. I just thought you mistook it for me having 100 HP. I'll post soon enough, I suppose. By that, I mean tomorrow. :'D
Zero, you can post ASAP too. Just do whatever you see fit. =
(I don't see your battle 5 up and ready yet, so I'll go back to what I'm working on.)
= I said "a reminder." As in, so you don't have to scramble and be all, "OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THEIR BATTLE 5." Not "Battle 5, where are you!?" =

Quote (Hiko)

Personal Message
You had our battle 5.

(If you wish to indicate that, then you should state it in the '-Reminder-'. [Shrug])
= Yeah, I probably could've indicated that better. =

Small, barely muffled sounds of complaint emanated from under Big, accompanied by bits of purple pixels seeping out from under the behemoth's body. Enigma was slowly pulling himself out from under Big, bit by bit, until he'd fully formed himself next to his partner. Disadvantage to having Big as a partner: partner can be used against you, he grumbled, examining his body sullenly.

Damn! Almost none of those attacks worked! Ceres exclaimed, pounding against the table emphatically. I still see a quick way to win, though.

I have a Bighammer... Enigma grumbled, brushing some dust off of himself and examining several yellow, glowing gashes in his body curiously. Looks like you hacked some off of me, Big.

That's right. You can take out one FighterPlane that way, and then Wideshot all three; Shotgun some of the Elec viruses and use that healing-damage combo you have on one of the FighterPlanes, and we should have a decent amount of damage going, Ceres strategized.

Alright, then, Enigma nodded, looking over the enemy anxiously. Big can Zapring the last FighterPlane and Rageclaw the last Elec virus, too-- hopefully nothing will be left.

Sounds good enough to me.

Send the chips, then!

Right, right, Ceres muttered, and quickly selected the three aforementioned chips and tapped the flashing SEND button in the lower-right corner of his PET.

Enigma smiled slightly as he received the insanely, almost obnoxiously large mallet that was the Bighammer. He let it finish morphing to his arm for a few seconds, then squinted at the trio of FighterPlanes, trying to select one that wouldn't be too troublesome to aim at. He immediately selected the leftmost one, for reasons not apparent to any observer, nor to him-- each of the virii seemed to be exactly identical in size, tint, and build. He began his charge, hoisting the hammer above his head threateningly. I suppose a good smashing will fix it up, he chuckled, strafing back and forth as he sprinted.

You need some better catch phrases, Ceres groaned, pulling another facepalm.

I don't see you coming up with any good ones, Enigma retorted, and made a flying leap for the leftmost FighterPlane, spring-loading the Bighammer behind his soaring torso as he usually did with flying enemies. As he (unnaturally quickly) approached the group, he let all of the tension in his arm go, bringing the hammer down whistling upon the Figherplane, hopefully smacking it right down to the ground. Making a neat landing right behind the group with a soft thump, he turned to the Elec virii that were now on his left... again.

Why don't you get the one that smashed Big into you?

Sure, Enigma nodded, frowning at the Elebee. I still don't get how badly Big can hurt me. Note to self: never stay behind Big in battle situations, he muttered, then readied his quickly forming Shotgun with a smirk. Aiming it casually at the Elebee and one of the Eleballs, he took a deep breath, making sure he wouldn't mess up this time. When he was satisfied, he let out both a huge burst of held breath and a huge burst of energy pellets from his Shotgun, watching as they sped towards both of the virii he'd been aiming at with evil hissing noises. Now, for the Wideshot-- I'm aiming for the FighterPlanes, right?

Yeah. Aim for the ones that haven't been hurt yet, Ceres suggested, nodding.

Done and done, Enigma responded, quickly grabbing his last Battlechip and letting it form its way onto his right arm, as all Battlechips did. The vaguely 'v'-shaped chip seemed to aim best when centered on something, so he centered it-- on the now leftmost FighterPlane. Geez, what's with Enigma and lefts? Maybe I can take that last Eleball with me, he murmured, then closed one eye to focus on his primary targets. He aimed carefully at the FighterPlanes, knowing that they were the only truly important targets, as Big could easily take out the Eleball with a Rageclaw if he missed. He held his breath again, not daring to miss. He held the Wideshot in front of him tensely, his arm quivering slightly, but finger loose and relax on the trigger. Once he deemed himself ready, he slowly applied pressure to the trigger, making sure to keep the first Fighterplane in his sights the whole time, knowing that the Wideshot would hit all three of his targets if he aimed correctly. He pulled the last bit that he needed to, not jerkily, but just a bit more pressure, so that the trigger jerked his arm upwards without him even realizing that he'd fired. The huge wave of water soared towards his targets, splashing into nothingness behind them, but hopefully taking off a few chunks of them in the process. Time for the last phase, he muttered, then began to think about what original things he could do in the last push.

Keep the theme working-- how can you absorb them?

I'm sorry, but I have no ideas for that. I'll just do something normal for now, Enigma sighed, then began forming a weapon with his excess data like he usually did for "original" attacks. Slowly, but surely, a curved frame began to form, accented nicely by odd runes and symbols all down the length of it. The string of it began to form, along with a quiver of arrows to boot. Enigma knew it wasn't his best work, but then, he was pretty stressed, so, smirkless (oddly enough), he picked the longbow up and drew three arrows, notching them onto almost the same part of the string, but one pointing up, one straight, and one pointing downwards. He whipped it towards the FighterPlane he had paid particular attention to aim for before, and aimed carefully, trying to make it so that two or even three of the arrows would collide wtih his target. Now letting a small smile cross his face, he pulled the string back as far as he could-- which was pretty far, considering that his arms could detach at will. The longbow bent backwards like a Turk's bow, curving farther back than it probably should have. He then let the arrows loose, sailing towards the FighterPlane in a neat arc. The arrows would disappear after they hit their target, or rather, missed, so he had no idea if he had hit his target or not-- he could only wait. So, he focused on sucking up any extra data that happened to be lost from the targeted FighterPlane, not commenting to Ceres and receiving no comment in return.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 90
1: Bighammer > FighterPlaneA [160 DMG + Impact]
2: Shotgun > ElebeeA [50 DMG], Spread > EleballB [50 DMG]
3: Wideshot > FighterPlaneA, FighterPlaneB, EleballA [60 DMG, [color=blue]Aqua[/color]] (Centered on FighterPlanes)
4: Data Vampirism > FighterPlaneA [20 Lifedrain, 60 DMG, 3TCD]
Strike of the Gods: Ready!
Data Influx: Ready!
Data Vampirism: Just used. 3 turns until usable.

= Sorry if there are any blatant typos. I'm at Cybercamps and used to Mozilla, not IE. =
As Enigma began his (rather vicious) assault on the viruses, Big charged in at the exact same moment, toting his gigantic hand as a sure sign of a Rageclaw. Instead of dragging it like last time, Big managed hold it above his head as he ran; he had gotten used to the weight. While Enigma focused his first attack against Fighterplane, Big decided to target the Eleball. Grabbing it in his enormous hand, he raise it high into the air, and brought it down with all his strength.

Hopefully, this managed to smear the virus all over the metal, but Big didn't want to wait around for a shock if it didn't. As the Rageclaw dissapated, Big leaped back, prepared to recieve his next chip, which happened to be the Zapring. Big grabbed it out of the air, only to recall how painful his last encounters with it were. Instantaneously, he dropped it like a dead weight, leaving the disk lying on the ground. Big simply stared at it, wondering how he could use it without touching it.

"C'mon, Big!" Jay prodded. "Pick it up already!"

"But I dun wanna!" Big whined. "I ALWAYS get shocked..."

"Then...why don't you slide it?" Jay suggested. Big contemplated it for a moment, thinking of the game Air Hockey. After a second, Big smirked and said, "That'll work, yeah!"

Big backed up from the ring for a moment, and got into a "ready-to-sprint" stance, with his hands on the ground, and one leg bent. Big focused all his energy into his leg, and shoved himself forward. Instead of kicking it, Big slid his hand along the ground, making sparks on the slick metal surface.

His fist slammed into the disk, but didn't remain there long enough to get shocked. The disk slid away a break-neck pace, and big watched it sail, whistling.

"Now for part two..." he muttered, crouching. Jay wondered what he was doing, but then he noticed how the target was a flying virus. Then it hit him, right as Big initiated his plan and lept after the disk. Right as it slip under the pesky virus, Big came right down on the edge of the disk, sending it flipped up towards the virus. With a shout of triumph, Big dashed backwards as the ring continued to fly.

"That was actually pretty clever, Big." Jay said, impressed.

"It wasn't much." Big said, as a sudden shdow was cast upon him. "All it took was a bit of agili-*THOCK*"

Big froze as the ring, returning from orbit, landed perfectly on his head, completely horizontal. Big fealt as though his head was just squished like a pancake. And, in spite of all Big's efforts, the disk delivered a shock to Big's head that was even worse then all the others.

Big wound up lying on the ground, charred by electricity, and sobbing softly as part of his soul died.

Enigma lays the beatdown on the FighterPlanes, smashing one in with a hammer, and then nearly drowning them with a Wideshot. He then snipes down two electric viruses, before going toward the corpse of the Plane he just smashed. Contemplating on stupidity, Enigma rushes a more alive plane and sucks some life out of it.
Big rushes forward, stops, and redirects course, grabbing at the Elebee, but to no avail.
Frusturated, he kicks off a Zapring at one Fighterplane, stunning it. He then dodges an attack from the Elebee.

FighterPlaneA: DELETED
FighterPlaneB: 20 HP
FighterPlaneC: 50 HP (Stun!)
HardheadA: DELETED
HardheadB: SMASH CANNON'D
EleballA: DELETED
EleballB: DELETED
ElebeeA: 50 HP
ElebeeB: SHOTGUNN'D

Terrain: 80% Metal, 20% Magnetic (scattered)

Enigma.exe: 110 HP
Big.exe: 70 HP [Rageclaw]
(( My post deleted itslef, and it was good, and I didn't feel like rewriting it again. So here's my summary. ))

_________
1. Rageclaw(20) > FighterPlaneB(throw) > FighterPlaneC
2. Dodge
3. Dodge
= Crappy post, but I gotta go soon and I won't be able to be on tonight. =

Enigma, without speaking, simply closed his eyes in concentration, trying to sense excess data in the area. Once he had located a large portion of it, he quickly drew it towards himself and then re-directed it at Big. The purple-tinted data quickly re-assigned and re-colored itself as it attached to Big's body, healing all of his wounds and then some. Ceres, on the other hand, simply slotted in the chips Enigma would need to finish off the remaining virii. Go for it.

Thanks... Enigma muttered in reply, and then quickly readied the Shotgun that had recently formed itself on his arm. He sucked in a burst of air, aiming at the two most-healthy virii in sight, and fired, the spray of energy speeding towards the FighterPlane and Elebee. He quickly accepted the Cannon, too, and just as quickly fired off a shot at the Elebee, and accepted his next Cannon to fire off another shot at the FighterPlane. I'm getting tired of mindless virus-busting. Hopefully there's something interesting next.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 110
1: Data Influx > Big.EXE [+30 HP]
2: Shotgun > ElebeeA [50 DMG], Spread > FighterPlaneC [50 DMG]
3: Cannon > Elebee [40 DMG]
4: Cannon > FighterPlaneC [40 DMG]
= Bump. =
They die.

Enigma.exe: 110 HP
Big.exe: 100 HP

-VICTORY-
Enigma GET: AirRaid1
Big GET: Cannonball
= Big ACTUALLY GOT A CHIP!?
XD =

Enigma sighed, looking at the reward data contentedly. We deserve this, he grinned, taking the data and sending it off to Ceres before giving Big a pat on the back and heading deeper into the Net.

= Right. Battle 5, please-- and Harbin. We leave this Saturday, so I would, at least, like to get what we can done ASAP. =
Big grinned from ear to ear as he held the chip in the air, Zelda-style.

"Finally!" Jay yelled, ecstatic about the new chip.

"...." Big remained silent as he stared at the chip.

"Sumthin' wrong, Big?" Jay asked, pausing.

"....Awesome!" Big yelled, even louder than Jay.

After virtual-fiving his op, Big rushed to catch Enigma.

(Next battle.)
There's a simple custom navi in the distance. He appears to have scraps of red cloth hanging off parts of his body, as if dedicated stylists had tried to sew the newest patchwork design to his 'skin'. He stumbles and writhes, trying to run from something. His limbs don't appear to be working quite properly and he's falling about as much as his feet can move.

"Help--" His lips form the word and force it through clenched and unwilling teeth as he scrambles to his feet once more. The direction of his movements leads him to Big and Enigma quite quickly. He collapses at their feet with a noticeable thud. Only at this point is it noticeable. The red patches of cloth are moving.

"Qu-quick, call netpol--" The man's eyes suddenly roll up into his head and he begins to jerk and spasm on the ground. Looking closer, Big can spot one of the red cloths squirreling itself into a neck wound of the navi. That's probably not good at all.

What the hell is going on here? Enigma growled, looking around in a sudden outburst of paranoia. Stepping cautiously over the spasming navi in front of him, Enigma peers into the distance and then all around himself. Something's up. Watch yourself, Big, he snapped, immediately drawing back into a reflexive stance; not tensed, but ready to jump ten feet out of the way.

You may want to help the navi you just stepped over, Ceres suggested. No NetPolice, though. We sure as hell don't need them in our faces.

Can we get a name, you? Enigma enquired, prodding the navi roughly with his toe, preparing his healing powers immediately-- he wasn't sure if he wanted to heal a potential enemy just yet.

Jay, Big, watch yourselves, Ceres advised, beginning to get Enigma's most powerful battlechips ready for use in any conflict that might occur.