Even more bzzzzzzzzt

"Well, that was easy!" SplashMan found himself in the main ElecTown Net in no time flat. "Yep, that's definitely a state-of-the-art computer!"

"That's nice, but we're a bit short of cash." Sabrina eyed her PET's listed zenny total: 0. Nada. El zilcho. "Not really sure what I want to get next, but we can worry about that when we've actually got enough to spend on something! Now get to searching!"

"Right!" The Aqua Navi took a few steps forward, then stopped. "Just to review...what changes did you make to the folder, again?"

"You forgot already? Sheesh...I took out the two Recover10s, CactBall, PickPocket, and MiniBomb, and put in another MarkCannon and WideShot, LilBomb, TimeBomb, and AquaSword. And I also upgraded your innate attacks, but I don't think they've loaded yet. Have they?"

"Nope..."

"Then I guess we've only got the chips for now. But that should be enough!"

"Okay! This time, I'm really off!" And indeed he was, as SplashMan commenced a virus search right then and there.

(searching for Battle #1)
Virus Attack!

CactyA: 70 HP
CactyB: 70 HP
CactyC: 70 HP
BillyA: 50 HP
BillyB: 50 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

SplashMan: 140 HP

-READY?-
-BATTLE 1-
-ENGAGE!-
"Aha!" SplashMan pointed his finger in the direction of the Wood and Elec viruses. "Viruses!"

"Yeah, I see that. Care to tell me what colors they are next?"

"Aw, come on, it's just been a while since we've been able to just sit back and relax while busting!"

"Good point. Busting with Chris and Binary was fun and all, but after a while it just got WAY too stressful...ya know, it feels kinda weird to be busting by ourselves again."

"Yeah..." A moment of silence passed as the pair were unable to think of anything to continue that particular conversation. "So, uh, maybe we should start fighting now?"

"Works for me! Let's see...I know the cactus thing from the CactBall chip, but what's that other thing? It looks a little familiar, but if I've seen it, it's been a while..."

"That's a Billy. Not that powerful, but they're Elec-element, and their attacks can paralyze! So we need to be careful around them!"

"...Shoot, I guess it's called ElecTown for a reason...but it's okay. According to the PET, we can take them out with one attack! Especially now that you know how to boost Aqua chips!" Sabrina removed a pair of chips from her folder, and placed them into her PET's top slot; both featured a picture of a Lark virus. "Battlechip, WideShot! Double slot in!"

The Aqua Navi held his hand up as it turned into a wide-mouthed water gun, then began aiming...or he would've, if he could just figure out who to shoot first. "Uhh...should I take out the Cacty first, or the Billy? I mean, the Billy are more dangerous to us, but the Cacty have more HP..."

"...I gave you two shots! It doesn't matter who gets hit first! You'll hit them all eventually anyway!"

"Oh, right!" SplashMan aimed the WideShot apparatus towards the trio of Cacty, took a moment to allow a little extra Aqua energy to flow into the shot, then let loose with an arc of water towards the cactus viruses. Then, he began to boost the second shot as he aimed it toward the pair of Billy and one of the Cacty, and released shot #2. "Well, using two WideShots in a row's neat! But what if I didn't get them?"

"Well, then you should use this!" With a smirk, the young woman took her chip with Swordy3's picture on it, and inserted it into her PET. "Battlechip, AquaSword! Slot in! Don't have to boost its power or anything! Just swing away! ...But don't aim for that third Cacty! That way, you'll have attempted two attacks per virus. And I think that's plenty!"

The water gun faded from SplashMan's arm, and was replaced by a sword brimming with Aqua energy. Even the hilt seemed to agree with him, as it was nearly identical to his forearms. He couldn't help but take a moment to admire the sword. "Wow, I can feel the energy flow without even trying! I don't think I even need to focus to give it the boost!" With that, he raced over, and took a slash towards the first two of the Wood viruses. Then, he repeated the process with the twin Elec viruses. "There, hope that got 'em! I can't see through all this water..."

Sabrina just stood there, choosing not to point out the idiocy of that remark, even though she wanted to...

[Order of Turn:
1-WideShot1 chip attack on CactyA, CactyB, and CactyC (60+10, Aqua)
2-WideShot1 chip attack on CactyC, BillyA, and BillyB (60+10, Aqua)
3-AquaSword chip attack on CactyA and CactyB (80+10, Aqua)
4-AquaSword chip attack on BillyA and BillyB (80+10, Aqua)]
DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.

CactyA: DELETED
CactyB: DELETED
CactyC: DELETED
BillyA: DELETED
BillyB: DELETED

SplashMan: 140 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: Cactball1
As SplashMan delivered the final slash of his AquaSword, all the water around him faded, revealing nothing but data of a chip. "Hmm...we got a chip! ...Another CactBall, actually..."

"Well, that's too bad. I kinda wanted to see what that Billy's chip was. But anyway, how much cash did we get?"

The Aqua Navi looked around, as his sword faded. "...I don't see any. I think we just got the chip this time..."

"...Really? Dang!" Sabrina sighed as she half-threw a blank chip into her PET. "All right, send it over. Better than nothing, at least..."

"Yeah..." The data vanished from the net, then went through the PET, and into the chip, which now had a Cacty's picture on it. And like the other chip like it, it found itself stuffed with the other extra chips. "Too bad about that, but we'll get something better next time! Chip, cash...something!"

"I hope you're right...anyway, keep going! Not gonna let one battle disappoint us into jack out!"

"Right!" SplashMan took a deep breath, despite not having any holes in which to do so, then paraded a little deeper into ElecTown's Net; indeed, he was searching once more...

(searching for Battle #2)
Splashman wanders across some more viruses. He then feels that it feels slightly harder to move than usual. Looking down, he finds that the ground is exhibiting some sort of magnetic force to pin him in place.

LarkA: 100 HP
LarkB: 100 HP
MagneakerA: 70 HP
MagneakerB: 70 HP
MagneakerC: 70 HP
VolgearA: 80 HP
VolgearB: 80 HP

Terrain: 20% Magnetic, 80% Normal

Splashman.exe: 140 HP (Magnetic! -1 Action)
"What the?" Almost the instant he spotted the new group of viruses, SplashMan suddenly began to feel as though his feet were made out of solid rock or something. "Hey, I can't move! What's going on?!"

Fortunately, Sabrina was a bit better at noticing random things than her Navi. "Wait...what are those weird panels in the area? Hang on, lemme bring something up..." In a few moments, a list of panels and their effects appeared on her PET's screen. "Good thing for us Dad gave me a list of all the kinds of panels in the cyberworld, huh? Even has pictures! Now let's see...oh, there we go! Those are Magnetic panels, and they hold down non-Elec Navis! And, since you're not an Elec Navi...yeah. It slows you down a little, but we can still get some moves in before the viruses strike!"

"...Hey, you're right!" The Aqua Navi raised his foot, as though nothing had happened. "And I weny back to normal as soon as you finished, too! What're the odds of that?"

"Probably a little more than we realize..." The young woman grabbed a pair of chips bearing the picture of, coincidentally, two of the opposing enemies. "Anyway, sounds like you're ready to fight, so here's some chips! Battlechip, WideShot! Double slot-in!"

SplashMan's arm became the same wide shape as it had the previous battle...not to mention the same shape as the Larks' mouths. "Hmm...never seen any of these viruses before...but the fishy ones still look kinda familiar..." After a few moments of thought, he decided that the grasshopper-like trio should be the first to be eliminated, and so he took aim at them, charged his gun with Aqua power to give it a slight - yet important - boost, then fired the first WideShot at them.

Next up, he decided to blast the pair of VolGear with the water blast attack, since they seemed fiery enough to fall with one hit of it. This time, no additional energy was charged, and a second familiar arc of water was quickly released in the direction of the flame viruses. After all, any extra power was pure overkill against a Fire enemy of that low HP. "Okay, if I hit everything I was trying to, that should leave...just them." With his hand back in its usual hand-shape, he pointed at the pair of Lark. "Seriously, though...I could swear I've seen those before!"

"Well, that's easy enough to answer. They're the virus that gives out WideShot! After all, they're the thing that's on the WideShot chip."

"Really? Then I need to try extra hard to beat them!" SplashMan stood high, with this chest out towards the Aqua viruses...then shrunk a bit. "...But I think they're about to attack, so maybe a Guard would be nice...?"

"Right, no reason to rush things!" Sabrina took out one more chip, this one featuring the omnipresent Mettaur, and placed it into her PET! "Here it comes! Battlechip, Guard! Slot in!"

The yellow shield with a green + appeared in front of the Aqua Navi, who was already in a good position to hide behind it. He then silently braced himself, just in case there wound up being any additional hits...

[Order of Turn:
1-Nothing; lost to magnetic panel
2-WideShot1 chip attack on MagneakerA, MagneakerB, and MagneakerC (60+10, Aqua)
3-WideShot1 chip attack on VolgearA and VolgearB (60, Aqua)
4-Guard1 chip attack (60-, reflects one attack)]
Splashman uses his watery might to take out the majority of the viruses, the Volgears falling to their elemental weakness.
The Larks attack, one getting reflected, and one hitting.
Splashman, unfortunately, is still on the the magnet panels as he did not try to escape them.

LarkA: 80 HP
LarkB: 100 HP
MagneakerA: DELETED
MagneakerB: DELETED
MagneakerC: DELETED
VolgearA: DELETED
VolgearB: DELETED

Splashman.exe: 120 HP (Magnetic! -1 Action)
SplashMan's body began to go backwards as a result of the Lark's attack, but having magnetically planted feet usually helps prevent such a thing from occuring. Usually. And this was one of those usual times. "Ow! So that's what it feel likes to get nailed by a WideShot..."

"Kinda weird that we've used WideShot so much, yet this is the first time we've ever had to fight the virus it's based on. huh?"

"Yeah...but I don't wanna fight them any longer! Send me something to beat them with!...As soon as I can move, anyway..."

"Right. And we can do that before they decide to attack again, too!" Sabrina pulled out a trio of identical chips; all three featured a picture of a green and gray cannon virus with a cursor. "Battlechip, MarkCannon! Triple slot in!"

The cannon's head formed on the right arm of the Aqua Navi, sans the cursor it usually emitted. He looked at it, slightly confused. "Uh, Sabrina? I don't think this can take them both out by itself..."

"Oh yes it can. You can give a power boost to any one attack every once on a while, remember? Not just Aqua chips!"

"...Where'd you get an idea like that?"

"...You, when you were reading those letters when we battled MailMan. Do I need to get your memory capacity raised or something?"

"...OH! Yeah, I remember now! I feel kinda dumb for forgetting..." SplashMan shook his head, then started channeling some additional power into the cannon that remained on his arm. When it appeared that he was giving it all the juice he could safely handle, he began emitting the cursor along the ground, until it seemed like it was directly beneath the ray virus that had been previously nailed by Guard, and...boom! An extra strong shot was fired towards the cursor's location. The cursor then shifted towards the other Lark, until it appeared that it was beneath the Aqua virus. At which point, two more shots were blasted at its pre-determined location; while they didn't seem as strong as the first one, it was still more than enough to take care of business, provided the Navi's aim wasn't terrible. Once the shots were all expended, the cannon transformed back into the usual black and blue arm form, and the Navi whom the arm was attached to gazed upon the enemy's part of the field, just in case he screwed his attacks up somehow.

[Order of Turn:
1-Nothing; lost to magnetic panel
2-MarkCannon1 chip attack on LarkA (70+15, can lock on)
3-MarkCannon1 chip attack on LarkB (70, can lock on)
4-MarkCannon1 chip attack on LarkB (70, can lock on)]
Splashman's triple cannon attack finishes off the viruses.

LarkA: DELETED
LarkB: DELETED
VolgearA: DELETED
VolgearB: DELETED

Splashman.exe: 120 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: 700z
SplashMan let out a small sigh of relief upon noticing that no trace of a virus remained, aside from a decent amount of money. "Good thing that worked, or we would've been toast!" He sent the money over to his operator's PET, but suddenly froze afterwards.

"What's up, SplashMan?"

The Aqua Navi looked back towards the cannons on his back. "I just felt something in my cannons...oh, maybe that signature move system thing finally kicked in?"

As if on cue, a message popped up on the PET screen, which Sabrina read aloud. "'Sig move implementation successful. Water Splash power-up and Aqua Ram move now in effect.' Well, that answer your question?"

"Yep...wait, what's Aqua Ram? You never told me about the new moves you made!"

"It's nothing too fancy. Basically, you use your water cannons to propel yourself, and tackle a foe with Aqua energy. It's pretty nice if you ask me, although right now it's a little weaker than Water Splash. And before you ask, no, I don't know if it'll work if you're on a magnetic panel. And I don't feel like wasting time trying to find out. So if you're on one, we're sticking to long range moves, got it? Not that we use a lot of close range moves, anyway..."

"Sounds neat! Can't wait to try it sometime!" SplashMan stretched his legs a little before beginning to walk. He wasn't used to standing THAT still while battling. "Well, I'm going to keep going now. That okay with you?"

"Why not? Go ahead!"

"Will do!" And so, the Navi proceeded a bit deeper into the ElecTown Net, in search of more bits to battle.

(searching for Battle #3)
Splashman comes across... whaddya know? More viruses! :'D

MagneakerA: 70 HP
MagneakerB: 70 HP
MagneakerD: 70 HP
HanzA: 100 HP
HanzB: 100 HP
HanzC: 100 HP
HoneybomberA: 110 HP
HoneybomberB: 110 HP

Splashman.exe: 120 HP

-READY?-
-BATTLE 3-
-ENGAGE!-
(OOC: Seeing as how Hanz isn't from the BN games, and I can't find a description of it, do you mind giving me the basics of it? You know, its appearance, what it does, that sort of thing.)
((It's a giant hand, that attacks you.))
"Aha! More viruses!" SplashMan once more prepped himself for battle. "...And more viruses I don't know anything about! Mind looking that stuff up, Sabrina?"

"Who comes up with these virus designs, anyway? Electric grasshoppers? Giant hands? Hummingbirds holding honeycombs? I mean, sheesh...but anyway, here's Dad's notes on the other viruses! ...And, he's got nothing on the hand things."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing. Whatever he's got, we already knew. As for HoneyBomber, it's Wood element, and he says it doesn't actually go on offense unless it's attacked. ...Am I the only one that thinks that makes no sense?"

"Well, viruses are weird like that. But if that's true, we should definitely save them for last!"

"Right! Let's start with the Magneaker, since you're weak to them!" The young woman held a single chip up high, then placed it into her PET. "Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

The water blaster took shape on the Navi's right arm, who looked at it as if to say 'Again?' "Again? I like WideShot and all, but shouldn't we use other chips?"

"Probably, but I've got a plan! Now start shooting!"

"Okay! WideShot, away!" The wide mouthed gun was pointed at a trio of the Elec viruses, then glowed blue slightly as some extra Aqua energy was infused into it. Upon completion, it let forth a semi-mighty burst of water towards the intended targets, with the intentions of bursting the intended targers in a semi-mighty explosion. "Well, hopefully that covered 3 of them. What about the other one?"

"Oh, easy enough!" A second chip was inserted; this one was of a blue cannon. "Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

The WideShot apparatus faded, and was replaced with the same blue cannon that appeared on the chip. Without saying anything, SplashMan pointed it at the remaining Magneaker, and released a single powerful shot in its direction. Simple, but hopefully effective. "And that should do it for those guys. What about the others?"

"Oh, we'll get to them later. Now we're going to focus on defense!"

"Defense? We're going to Guard already?"

"Nope!" A chip of a fan with a blue background became the next used chip of the round. "Battlechip, Wind! Slot in!"

The fan appeared in front of the Aqua Navi, and began blowing...and blowing...and blowing..."Wind? Are we up to something?"

"Nope, just making it harder for you to get hit! Speaking of which, if they can get past the wind, make sure you notice and get away, since I'm not sending any Guards this time!"

"No Guards? Why?"

"You said we should try something different! And I'm trying something different!"

"..." SplashMan looked a bit unsettled, but prepared himself for evasive maneuvers behind the WindBox. "I guess I'll try..."

[Order of Turn:
1-WideShot1 chip attack on MagneakerA, MagneakerB, and MagneakerC (60+10, Aqua)
2-Hi-Cannon chip attack on MagneakerD (80)
3-Wind chip (reduces enemy accuracy for 3 turns)
4-Dodge]
Splashman manages to take out most of the Magneakers but one. He then sets up his Windbox. The Magneaker launches a bomb, but misses due to the wind. Two Hanz come up, one missing with the wind and Splashman dodging, and one B****-slapping Splashman on the face. That's going to leave a mark.

MagneakerD: DELETED
HanzA: 100 HP
HanzB: 100 HP
HanzC: 100 HP

Splashman.exe: 100 HP
"Ow!" The Aqua Navi stumbed back, then rubbed the front of the dome he called a head. "I feel like there's a giant red hand mark on me..."

"Oh come on! You've been good about taking hits lately, too! Now snap out of it and take that other Magneaker out!"

"But it hurt...!"

"...Fine, I'll do it myself..." Sabrina pulled out a single chip containing a picture of a red pufferfish virus, and placed it into her PET. "Battlechip, AquaNeedle! Slot in!" At this point, a targeting system appeared on the screen. "Let's see...3 hits on that Magneaker...ah crud, gotta get SplashMan's Aqua boosting power. Oh wait, I remember how to do that! Uh-huh...uh-huh...yes, I want to do it...there! Now it's powerful enough! And...fire!" Three needles suddenly fell from the sky, complete with a blue glow, with the sole intention of deleting the final Elec element virus. "Heh, fighting viruses by yourself rocks! But that's probably the only way I'll ever be able to do it..."

"Ahh..." At this point, SplashMan finally stopped rubbing his head. "Okay, I'm better now!...Why is there smoke coming from where the Magneaker is?"

"I used AquaNeedle to beat it without you having to do anything. So, think you'll be able to fight through the pain and keep fighting?"

"Hey!...But yeah, I'm ready to go! But, how are we going to beat those hands? They don't look easy to beat..."

"Hmm...nope, WE won't be able to beat them at all. But YOU can."

"...Huh? That makes no sense!"

"Don't forget, I got those upgrades! So not only is Water Splash way more powerful, but you've got Aqua Ram now, too! So you can take out two of them without any chips!"

"But what about the third?"

"I've got an idea for that one! Now come on, start showing them the power of water!"

"Er...okay!" The Aqua Navi turned towards one of the Hanz, and bent over slightly. The cannons on his back extended slightly, and began emitting a blue glow from their openings. With a mighty "Yaahh!!", a torrential amount of water was sprayed upwards, which arced gracefully in the sky, before falling in the direction of the hand virus. And no one was more surprised by combination of power and beauty more than the Navi that caused it. "Wow...you really did pump Water Splash up, didn't you?"

"Less talking, more Aqua Ramming!"

"Right..." SplashMan began initiating the routines for this mystery new attack. The fact the bottoms of his cannons were opening didn't make him feel any better. But given the lack of warning signs, he chose not to speak up, even when water began to be blasted with both ends. He leaned forward, and began rushing towards the enemy...despite not moving his legs at all. And then, just like that, it was done. He fell and slid top first along the ground for a moment before regaining himself and standing up. The Aqua Navi wasn't really too sure if he hit his mark, considering he was too focused on maintaining the water pressure needed for the attack, and all the remaining water was doing him no favors in trying to figure it out. "Uhh...did I get it?"

"I 'unno. But anyway, for that third one, start rushing towards it! You'll find out what'll happen on the way!"

"...Okay..." The Navi wasn't too sure, but began dashing towards the one hand that definitely hadn't been hit yet. Fortunately for him, he wasn't a great runner, and had some time to ask question. "What's your plan? I'm running towards a virus here!"

"My plan? Simple!" A chip with a blue Swordy's picture on it was inserted. "Use this and hit it with everything you've got! Battlechip, AquaSword! Slot in!"

SplashMan's right hand disappeared, and a cool, blue blade appeared in its place. "Oh, right! Hiyah!!!" Drawing close to the third Hanz, he raised his sword, and sent it down towards the virus with all his might.

[Order of Turn:
1-AquaNeedle1 chip attack on MagneakerC ([20+10]x3, Aqua)
2-Water Splash sig attack on HanzA (140, Aqua)
3-Aqua Ram sig attack on HanzB (110, Aqua)
4-AquaSword chip attack on HanzC (80+10+15(Untapped Power), Aqua)
The duo rain down some watery fury on the viruses, deleting all the targets. However, Splashman's Aquasword breaks because he put too much power in it.
Now all that is left are the bees.

HanzA: SPLASHED
HanzB: RAMMED
HanzC: SWORDED

Splashman.exe: 100 HP
"Yes!" SplashMan watched as his aqua-powered sword sliced the hand virus in two, and causing it to promptly disappear from his sight...which allowed him to immediately notice said sword crashing into the ground, which caused it to shatter into wet splinters. "...No! Oh well, at least AquaSword probably wasn't how we were going to beat the hummingbird things, huh?"

Sabrina was singnificantly slower to rebound from the broken sword. "...Actually, that kinda WAS my plan..."

"...Well, crud..." The Aqua Navi looked over the Wood viruses. "So...how can we beat these guys? They look tough to beat..."

"Hmm...well, we COULD beat them now, if we spent two attacks on each. Problem is, if you missed, there'd be no way you could avoid anything. Following me?"

"Yeah, but can't we just use a move that hits both at once?"

"We can't. I used up the WideShots earli-wait! I didn't use both earlier, because you complained about it!"

"Hey, that's right! Send it over!"

"Roger!" Once more, the chip of the Lark virus made its way into the insides of Sabrina's PET. Well, maybe not THE chip. More like A chip. Or maybe B chip, since it was the second one she had used in the battle. But that's not important. "Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

Once more, the wide-mouthed water gun formed on SplashMan's right arm, who wasted no time in filling it with a little extra oomph. "All right, let's show these guys the power of Aqua attacks, too!" Once the extra power had been added, he aimed the attack towards the twin HoneyBombers, and released the arc of water, which sped towards the hummingbird/beehive viruses.

"And that won't do it, so here's more help!" Two more chips were inserted, this time feature a Mettaur being blasted in what appeared to be a straight line. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot in!"

The WideShot's armament faded, and in its place was a black tipped blue blaster gun. "Right, this oughta do it!" After a short re-aiming period due to the slight recoil of the previous attack, a pair of yellow shots were fired, each headed for a different virus. However, the first seemed slightly more powerful than the other. "There! Hope that did it..."

"Well, we're not going to just hope! Use this and make sure they're toast!" A fourth chip was used; this one featured a red bug-like virus. "Battlechip, LilBomb! Slot in!"

The small bomb appeared in SplashMan's left hand, since the right was busy reforming back into a hand shape. "LilBomb? I forget, what's it do?"

"It's like MiniBomb, but it has a bigger explosion. So it can hit both the HoneyBombers if they're still there!"

"Works for me!" Moving the bomb into his right hand, the Navi chucked it towards what appeared to be a cloud of smoke from the previous attacks. Whether it was coming from the viruses or the ground wasn't fully clear...

[Order of Turn:
1-WideShot1 chip attack on HoneyBomberA and HoneyBomberB (60+10, Aqua)
2-Shotgun chip attack on HoneyBomberA (50+15, possible splash)
3-Shotgun chip attack on HoneyBomberB (50, possible splash)
4-LilBomb chip attack on HoneyBomberA and HoneyBomberB (50)]
Splashman's first attack initiates a retalitory counter from the bees, distracting him from hitting one target with a Shotgun, but managing to nail the other. He then makes a close call by blowing up the other one with the Lilbomb. Some damage has been suffered too.

HanzA: SPLASHED
HanzB: RAMMED
HanzC: SWORDED
HoneybomberA: DELETED
HoneybomberB: DELETED

Splashman.exe: 50 HP

-VICTORY-