An Experiment In Taunting

"Booting the LTC's zero-gravity simulation... and done." announced Mir, as the large alloy cannon became utterly weightless in Mir's hands. Just to make her point and have a little fun, she began juggling the LTC around a little, spinning it over her head a few times and giving it a few flips. "I really don't know what I'd do if I had to lug around this thing at normal weight all day."

"Considering the real thing only works in space, testing your version under any other conditions would be an utter waste of time. The programming division did a great job simulating outer space on such a limited scale." responded Emily as a matter of fact. "I wonder how they did that..."

"We'll be here all day if you're trying to figure out a program. Just leave it as a wonder of the world and let's get to testing." sighed Mir, knowing all too well her Operator's ineptitude on the digital plane.

"Altering physical constants so whimsically... It's so, so very strange..." mumbled Emily as she rubbed her temples, fading rather quickly into a withdrawn state of thought.

"Oh boy... Better find some viruses before she gets totally lost..." thought Mir aloud, before running off to locate some test subjects while Emily's attention could still be salvaged.

(Battle 1 Start)
Mir wouldn't have to look about for too long, as all too soon she'd find some test subjects in a pair of cannons watching a little Billy wave its arms about in a failed attempt at charades, but once they caught sight of the navi, games were put on hold as each readied themselves for the coming battle, something the navi should probably do as well. On the bright side though, there seemed to be the dim glow of a green diamond just beyond the trio.

Viruses
Billy: 90HP
CannonDumb A: 50HP
CannonDumb B: 50HP

Terrain
100% Normal

Navi
Mir: 100HP

Misc
GMD: 15HP

--Battle 1, Start!--
"Oh, there are a few. Two of them are even stationary, Emily." noted Mir as she came upon her first test subjects. She thought the encounter was pretty fortuitous, since common viruses like these typically didn't have any weird characteristics that Lumians might react too. The chances were like 0.0000001%, but if Mir accidentally shot a mysterious virus that she didn't know simulated a quantum entanglement, then... Well, whatever. Billys and Cannondumbs were both completely normal solid data structures, so that wasn't an issue. "So are there any particular experiments you want results on?"

"Hmm, I dunno... I don't have many Battlechips on me right now. Considering all the LTC's firing mechanics run off Battlechips, you'd think NAXA brass would've let me dip into the project budget for a full folder, at least..." sighed Emily, who unzipped her purse and ruffled through it for the few chips she did have. She picked up one, examined it for a moment, and put it back in the bag. She then took out another, examined it, and put it back in the bag. Emily then withdraw a third chip, and...

"Emily, viruses typically are the kind of test subject to wait for you to prepare." noted Mir after waiting patiently for a bit too long.

"Oh, sorry Mir... I guess this Shotgun will do for now. The analysts adore any data on the reflective properties of Lumians." apologized Emily as she yanked the aforementioned chip out of her purse (a second time) and popped it into her PET.

"Maybe they can build a satellite for Lumian pinball and play with that to their hearts' content." responded Mir with a dry sense of humor as the Shotgun data loaded up into the LTC. "X, Y, and Z coordinates set... Reflection to the second Cannondumb... angle and index set... Okay, good to go." announced Mir after reading off data from the LTC's onboard screen. She hoisted the cannon up to rest against her hip, and with the press of a finger on a touch trigger, emitted a directed flash of light from the LTC that didn't even last a second. Veiled within that light was an instantaneous Lumian beam pulse, which zipped to the first Cannondumb ready to ricochet off to the second far faster than it could ever be described. The bright beam was gone as quickly as it had come, since... well, things happened fast at post-lightspeed.

"There's still one more virus, Emily." reported Mir, though that fact was obvious to everyone. "Wanna do a stress test? The particle density indexes never seem to stay the same from one test to another, so the lab rats might like more data there."

"You just wanna fire a big beam, don't you?" queried Emily knowingly.

"I don't see why I can't have a little fun in the process." defended Mir.

"Mm hm." was all Emily responded with as she dug that one powerful chip out of her purse. "Just give the LTC a few moments to rebalance after such a high-level emission, okay?"

"Yes yes, I know the basic procedures for this thing by now." retorted Mir as the chip arrived in the LTC's databank. She pointed the cannon's barrel at the Billy, and it became evident very quickly that this beam was not going to be any bit underwhelming like the Shotgun protocol. The entire interior of the LTC glowed brightly as its Lumian tank built up a supply, with Mir's fingers curling around the handles anxiously. Granted, again, this was a matter of post-lightspeed particle physics, so the wait frankly wasn't at all. The LTC's screen gave the all-green, prompting Mir to smile. "LTC output stress test! Initiating, now!" announced Mir as she fired, emitting a very large, spiraling beam from her cannon. The concentration of Lumians was so high that select bunches were actually peeling off into separate beams, all of which still scorched right towards the victimized Billy.

With the particle tank empty afterward, Mir backed away from the quantum carnage and waited, both to see if anything survived and to let the LTC process impact data. "That is exactly why I don't hate this job..." sighed Mir contently, evidencing the truth that every man, woman, and child on this Earth had a beam fetish.

Actions:
1) Shotgun (50 damage [A+], Spread 1) @ CannonDumbA/B
2) Arsenal1 (45 Elec damage + 15 Elec damage x 4 hits [A+]) @ Billy
3) Dodge
While it had taken the duo to get through all their scientific analysis and gabber, which really just left the poor electrical virus staring dumbfounded while the two cannons were trying to get their targeting set up. Finally when the navi did strike, those two cannons were caught completely unprepared and were instantly blown away by the rebounding cannon fire.

And while the Billy had attempted to get revenge, as it gathered up in preparation to fire off a charged sphere of condensed power, it found itself staring down the wrong side of a far too overwhelming looking beam of pure power. Quickly getting caught up and turned into nothing but digital dust. Fortunately none of the attacks managed to bounce off and strike the GMD, leaving the item diamond unharmed just waiting to be exploited.

Viruses
Billy: Deleted
CannonDumb A: Deleted
CannonDumb B: Deleted

Terrain
100% Normal

Navi

Misc
GMD: 15HP

—Battle 1, Victory—
Mir: 500 Zenny

[Open GMD? [b]y/n[/b]]
"There we go, perfect." announced Mir as all that was left of the viruses was an ashen pile of zenny and glorious, glorious research data. "The LTC has the particle collision data recorded, should I upload it to the PET now?"

"Absolutely." nodded Emily, while her Navi went ahead and collected the zenny since there was no reason not to. "I can parse the information while you're searching for more test subjects. It'll only take a few seconds, but we shouldn't neglect a chance to be efficient about this."

"Efficiency is tedious when I have to upload such small data packets after every fight..." sighed Mir as she begrudgingly did as she asked. Mir's finger pressed against different points on the LTC's screen a few times, and... "Done. Enjoy your minutely small statistical data while I... Oh!" Mir paused as she finally noticed the green data crystal floating nearby. "The viruses must've been guarding it. Can I open it, Emily?"

"..." Emily didn't even acknowledge the question as she thumbed through numerical values extended out to 10 decimal places. "Oh, a few of the reflected particles were deviated from the intended position by..."

"... Nevermind, I'll just do it myself." said Mir to nobody as she placed the LTC down at her feet and popped open the Mystery Data.

(Open GMD)
While her operator seemed to be lost in more scientific babble about data, Mir took the opportunity to add even more data for her to number crunch, though this data, as the green glowing diamond slowly lit up brighter and brighter until it was nearly blinding, would soon reveal a different prize as the light finally fades. The mysterious data seems to have transformed itself into a faintly sparking, solid orb.

[GDM opened]
Reward: Thunder1

Thunder1
Thunder1
Damage: 40 + Stun 1 + Homing
Accuracy: C
Description: Shoots a slow moving ball of electricity that homes in on its target.
Duration: Once
Element: Elec
"Chip data! And it's electrical, to boot." exclaimed Mir happily after the GMD revealed its contents. "Emily, look, there was an electrical chip inside. This should help the meager collection in your purse right now."

"... So the deviated particles couldn't hit the same reflection point because another particle occupied that space at that exact moment..." muttered Emily, though she had never actually stopped talking to herself while her Navi investigated the GMD. Mir just tuned it out.

"Emily!" shouted Mir loudly, to get her Operator's attention.

"... Ah? Oh, I'm sorry. What is it, Mir?" asked Emily, after jumping slightly in her seat after her Navi's voice startled her.

"I need to upload this chip data." explained Mir bluntly, holding the Thunder packet up in her hands for the Operator to see. "You have spare chips in your purse, so get one out and help me." Mir had a stern look on her face as she issued the orders.

"Ah, okay. Lemme just grab one..." responded Emily as she reached into her purse to extract one blank chip. Once it was in her hand, she promptly popped into her PET's chip dock for Mir to access. "There you go, Mir. By the way, though, turns out the discrepancy in those observations from all our prior data was just..."

"Mm hm." nodded Mir vaguely as she sent the chip data up into its new home. Once Emily had finished explaining, Mir added, "You know I don't understand the advanced properties of all this, right? You tell me where to shoot Lumians, and I shoot. That's about as far as I go."

"Well, yeah... It's really interesting though, I promise!" said Emily earnestly.

"I'm sure it is... Just keep enjoying what you do, Emily." replied Mir as she picked the LTC back up and began moving on. Oh what a lonely world her Operator lived in.

(Battle 2 Start)
Heading deeper down the rabbit hole network, Mir would soon come across what had to have been an arena set up by a small group of viruses. For there, in the center of a large metal ring, with glowing panel set in the center, squared off two boxing viruses. While off behind them a large floating hand seemed to be signaling who scored a point. While a floating two colored panel seemed to be signaling the start and end of each bout.

Though while it might have made for an interesting study, once she'd been spotted, the Handy virus flicked through a few hand signals, and soon a new sparring match would begin, them versus the navi intruder.

Viruses
Champu A: 60HP (Metal)
Champu B: 60HP (Metal)
DBLCUBE: 100HP (Blue)
Handy: 80HP (Normal)

Terrain
60% Normal (Surrounding Metal)
35% Metal (Large circle in the middle of the field)
5% Solar (Single Panel in the middle of Metal)

Navi
Mir: 100HP (Normal)

—Battle 2, Start!—
"Okay, okay... Pulse emission testing! That new chip you found should be a good trigger, so we can collect some extra data this time. That sounds good, right?" suggested Emily after examining the just-acquired Thunder chip.

"I guess, but... Emily, is this data actually important?" queried Mir in response.

"Of course! Well... Maybe it is a little extraneous, but I'm sure the analytical department back at NAXA can add it to the database." exclaimed Emily, only to trail off to a mutter as she put some more thought into the question.

"Uh huh. How about you just choose chips I'll actually need to fight the viruses, and collect whatever data comes of that? I'd rather not risk life and limb for 3 decimal places." said Mir flatly. "I'm sure SciLab is feeling plenty of regret every time I fire the LTC, so don't push yourself too hard."

"Okay, I'm sorry Mir..." apologized Emily sincerely. "I think, though, that I will send those pulse emission chips anyway. Those Champus are sitting on metal, so the electricity should be very effective... right?"

"Right, and I like that perspective much, much more. Whenever you're ready, Emily." answered Mir with a nod, before lifting the LTC to her hip and pointing it at the viruses. Emily quickly loaded a ZapRing and the aforementioned Thunder for her Navi, sending the chip files directly into the LTC. A couple of pings alerted Mir to the successful upload almost immediately, courtesy of her Operator's custom-build, high-end PET. "Recommended firing order, Emily?"

"Uh... I believe the Thunder is kind of slow, so you might be better off using the ZapRing just to have a quick first strike." thought Emily aloud as her answer.

"Slow light... That'll be interesting to see. Alright then, initiating launch routines." pondered Mir, before quickly loading up the ZapRing into the firing chamber with a few finger taps on the cannon's screen. She pulled the trigger in short order, blasting an electrically-charged light ring out from the edges of the LTC's barrel out towards one of the two Champus. As soon as that went off, Mir primed the Thunder and watched as a new string of information ran through the LTC's processor.

The Battlechip's auto-execution triggered, and both Mir and Emily watched as the new data values somehow... really did produce slow light. It was almost like the LTC blew a bubble, just one crackling with electricity and glowing brightly. Without a doubt that orb, like with everything the LTC fired, was full of super-lightspeed Lumians, but somehow it was just lurching along at maybe even standard walking speed. "That... There's no way that can happen in your world, right?" asked Mir skeptically as she watched the Thunder orb go.

"I... Um, I know I said this data didn't really matter all that much, but I really, REALLY want this data now. Really." announced Emily, who was seemingly intent on finding out the answer to Mir's question.

"I can't blame you for that..." agreed Mir, who then actually took her attention off the floating light bubble and focused on the viruses. Just simple math told her she didn't do enough to wipe out all of them in one go like the last group, so she had to pay careful attention for how they might retaliate. The LTC could take its beating without much of an issue, as could she, but that didn't mean Mir actually wanted to take that beating...

Actions:
1) ZapRing1 (45 Elec damage [A+], Stun 1) @ ChampuA
2) Thunder1 (45 Elec damage , Stun 1, Homing) @ ChampuB
3) Dodge
The Handy made a karate-chop motion, signaling the start of the fight.

Which began with a knockout by Mir! Zapping a Champu virus into nothing with a quickly executed Zapring! The second Champu got on its guard when the Thunder was released but.... it was just... really slow.

Fuming, the Champu warped in front of Mir, swinging its fists furiously! The first attack caught her off-guard but she quickly ducked under the second punch before the Thunder impacted with the Champu!

The DBLCube decided to be a nuisance and heal it though.

Viruses
Champu A: DELETED
Champu B: 30HP (Normal)(Stun!)
DBLCUBE: 100HP (Blue)

Terrain
35% Metal (Large circle in the middle of the field)

Navi
Mir: 90HP (Normal)
"Ow, that hurt... Why do the LTC simulations have to be against viruses, seriously? They're never going to just let me pelt them with Lumian beams." sighed Mir, massaging her side after the punch from the Champu. She actually ended up moving into it, because if she had learned anything since Emily joined NAXA, it was how to protect the LTC... even at cost to herself. It was a bittersweet accomplishment.

"Um, what was it... Budget constraints, they said? I didn't really get it, since NAXA has so much money..." answered Emily uncertainly.

Mir just looked at Emily for a moment, trying to fight a very twisted frown from appearing on her face. "No, no Emily, it's not like that at all! NAXA only has so much money because their expenses really are that high! Manually constructing the data for a Lumian simulation would definitely run into the millions... Then having to reconstruct the target data for each test... Thousands of thousands of times... Oh god, I really am risking life and limb against these viruses just to save NAXA money!" That realization was far more painful than the punch she took, so Mir's free hand moved from her side to her face as she slowly planted her forehead into her palm. "And I really can't blame them for that, either..."

"Hm? What was that, Mir?" asked Emily, not picking up her Navi's comment very well.

"No, it's nothing." responded Mir quickly. She understood the value of a zenny too well to be truly infuriated with her employer, since viruses were pretty much a free, infinite resource compared to the data constructs they'd have to make in-house otherwise. NAXA didn't get to be a worldwide research center by blowing 5 million zenny on one virtual data target, after all. "Just send me the big beam for now. The Champu can't move, and that hand doesn't seem to be doing anything still."

"Alright Mir, it's coming. Could you do me a BIG favor and send that Thunder data back in return? I want to examine that sooo bad..." begged Emily, but only after giving Mir her Battlechip.

"Oh alright. Just don't forget that this fight isn't over." replied Mir, transferring the data values through the LTC back to the PET as the Arsenal data came the other way. While it didn't target her, Mir did still notice the DBLCube healing itself and the remaining Champu. These viruses were already meatier than the last batch without the ability to repair themselves, so that... really needed to go, right now. Mir pointed the LTC up at the floating red and blue block and loaded the chip data, making her fancy weapon build up Lumian particles all the way up to the safe limit. The guiding light emitters set into the barrel projected the beam course just an instant ahead of the beam itself, and before anyone could even realize what was happening, the supercharged Lumian beam propelled out of the LTC. Just like last time, the sheer number of Lumians packed into the beam caused 4 smaller beams to break off slightly before running in parallel to the main beam, all still on a super-lightspeed course to the DBLCube. If it was going to miss, it would've been decided before the LTC even fired, because this was happening waaaaaay too fast for anyone or anything to alter the outcome after the fact.

The Arsenal chip always filled the LTC up with too many Lumians, and by standard NAXA protocol, she had to let it empty out before doing anything else. However... That Champu did hit her earlier, and he really couldn't do anything at all right now. Maybe Mir could work around rules and protocols just a bit to fix herself up and get a little payback. So, while the LTC beam was still firing, Mir actually pulled the LTC down, altering the beam's trajectory towards the Fire virus. The thing was already beat up, and since Mir wasn't a sadist, she toned down the Lumian output mid-firing to only kill the Champu as much as necessary. The LTC wasn't entirely happy with the alteration in the middle of its process, as it pitched a fit by spitting electricity out from its alloy shell at Mir. Being the Elec Navi she was, though, her spacesuit absorbed the stray voltage with no issue and used the energy to soften up that sore spot the Champu had given her. After that, the LTC finally finished emptying out its Lumian supply as the beam cut off, allowing Mir to turn her attention to the Handy to see what it might do in response to her attack on its allies.

Actions:
1) Arsenal1 (45 Elec damage + 15 Elec damage x 4 hits [A+]) @ DBLCube
2) LTC Discharge (30 Elec Drain [A+], 2TCD) @ ChampuB
3) Dodge

Cooldowns:
LTC Discharge - 2 turns
Again it seems the navi must get her operator to focus more on the task at hand, and less on what was currently slipping through her mind at any given moment. Still with chips sent in place, Mir powered up her Hyper Beam big cannon and let loose a mighty blast that slammed into the cube, which of course set it spinning about, and while that might have been cause for concern, the attack wasn't finished, as over and over again more damage struck the DBLCUBE, spinning it faster and faster until finally that last hit struck home and it seemed to spin itself right out of existence.

Course the Champu wasn't about to wait its turn, and quickly teleported straight up to the navi to try and give a wicked jab, only to come face to face with the end of Mir's cannon, and while plugging a gun barrel might work in cartoons, it wasn't so effective here as the boxer was blown away, while some of its energy got transferred back to Mir. Though the battle was far from over, and while the navi turned upon the Handy virus, she'd get to watch it disappear into the ground, only to appear again a moment later, dropping off a very powerful looking bomb upon the ground.

Enemies
Champu A: Deleted
Champu B: Deleted
DBLCUBE: Deleted

Terrain
25% Metal (Large circle in the middle of the field)

Ally

Misc
TimeBomb: 100HP (2)
Mir kept her guard up as the Handy vanished all of a sudden. In particular, she kept looking back over her shoulder figuring that the virus could teleport, or at least create a new hole somewhere else for it to pop out of. To both her surprise and chagrin, however, the Handy just re-emerged a few moments later in the exact same spot after having gone to retrieve its TimeBomb. "High explosives...?!" gasped Mir at the sight, only to realize that the countdown on the device was far too long to actually be an immediate retaliation for her earlier attacks. "..."

"Oh, wow! I can't believe I never thought of that! Mir, the Thunder chip actually altered the medium that the LTC simulates, so it was still moving at expected speeds, just not expected in a vacuum!" exclaimed Emily all of a sudden as she decoded the prior attack data. "I wonder what kind of practical applications transmitting Lumians through high-density mediums there are..."

"I wonder if you're going to hold up your end of the deal and give me the last Battlechips I need. While the Handy actually did give me all day to wrap this up, I'd rather not use all of that time." quipped Mir before her Operator could re-submerge into her research.

"Aw, come on Mir, don't you find this at all intriguing?" sighed Emily as she picked out two more chips from her purse.

"I guess a little bit... but do I really need to think about it while I'm fighting?!" countered Mir as she ran the firing protocols from the new chips through the LTC.

"... Well, it's what I do..." replied Emily after a slight pause.

"..." For the sake of the both of them, Mir just left that be. Perhaps the Handy was trying to be clever by placing the TimeBomb between itself and Mir, but she really didn't entertain the virus's antics beyond just walking over to the side a bit so that the explosive wasn't in the way. She thought about punctuating her attack with some witty line, but Mir was neither really into that or very good at it. As a result, she just fired both her Cannon and Shotgun chips, launching two quick blasts of dense Lumian clusters at the Handy in hopes she could get this wrapped up and move on.

Actions:
1) Walk away from TimeBomb (Movement)
2) Cannon (40 damage [A+], Knockback) @ Handy
3) Shotgun (50 damage [A+], Spread 1) @ Handy

Cooldowns:
LTC Discharge - 1 turn
Fancy light show comes after some deliberation of fancy particle physics. Extermination swift.

Enemies
Champu A: Deleted
Champu B: Deleted
DBLCUBE: Deleted
Handy: Deleted

Terrain
25% Metal (Large circle in the middle of the field)

Ally

—Battle 2, Victory—
Rewards: [FireHit1] Battlechip, 450z
"More chip data, Emily. I'm not sure what the LTC would translate this into, though..." noted Mir as she picked up the packet for the FireHit.

"That sounds like an experiment waiting to happen!" chimed Emily. "Let's find some more viruses quickly so we can see a new emission type!"

"Do you even remember why you jacked me in here in the first place...?" sighed Mir as she quickly gathered up the loose zenny data and proceeded forth.

(Battle 3 Start)
Moving on, Mir found the network was finally starting to look more normal once more, or at least as normal as a network could get. That is, of course, until she came across a sudden ambush, 3 zipping viruses with large ears and tails suddenly seemed to come from nowhere, while behind her, two equally long eared creatures cut off her means of retreat!

Enemies
Bunny A: 50HP (Behind Mir)
Bunny B: 50HP (Behind Mir)
Ratty A: 60HP
Ratty B: 60HP
Ratty C: 60HP

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally

—Attack of the Killer Rodents 3, Start!—
"Oh no, surrounded..." moaned Mir when the Bunnies backed up the Ratty trio she encountered. Her hands instinctively gripped the LTC's handles tighter than usual as she quickly weighed what few options she had to resolve the problem. Her best bet probably lied with taking out one side of this pincer attack quickly, thereby just making it a normal fight again. That, of course, was easier said than done without some chips. "Emily, give me the Shotgun again!" commanded Mir suddenly as she turned her back to the Ratty group and towards the Bunnies.

"Eh? I was about to give you the FireHit so we could test that..." responded a surprised Emily, who already had the aforementioned FireHit in her hand. "Don't you want to see what kind of emission type it produces?"

"Not right now, no! This is not a controlled test environment! I don't want to do experiments when I'm in danger!" exclaimed Mir loudly. "So please, give me the Shotgun now! I'll try the FireHit later!"

"Ah... Mm, that's right, isn't it? Your safety is more important than immediate results." said Emily, having successfully resorted her priorities. As she swapped out the ever-curious FireHit with the more situation-appropriate Shotgun, Emily added, "I know you're in a tough spot, but slow down enough to keep your aim straight, okay? A miss isn't going to help the battle or the experiment data at all."

"I know that. NAXA's reputation would be in the pits if its Navis weren't accurate." retorted Mir as the Battlechip data finally came through. Having found her rhythm after the first two battles, Mir nimbly calibrated the LTC held against her thigh in what was almost one fluid motion. The chip process was loaded, the Lumian particle tank was filled, and the accelerator was set into motion to power the shot. With its internal functions running faster than lightspeed, Mir accepted no delay as she immediately pulled the trigger and launched the Shotgun beam at the first of the two Bunnies.

As the fired beam started dissipating, Mir added one more order in way of, "ZapRing, Emily!" before turning back around to face the Ratties, having no choice but to assume the Bunnies were no longer an issue. The Operator quickly complied, allowing Mir re-calibrate the LTC to fire an electrically charged loop of light at the nearest rodent. With that done...

"... Ugh, I don't feel good about dodging all of these guys at once." admitted Mir, as she looked back over her opposition.

"Hrm... Oh! Maybe we do have a new test after all! I have a shield chip!" exclaimed Emily, having been surprised after some exploration into her purse.

"Wha...? Since when did you... No, nevermind, just send it to me. That sounds very helpful." said Mir after some thought. The defensive item arrived soon after, and... sadly, no solid light shield. Emily did managed to circumvent lightspeed, but she wasn't such a wizard that her theories transcended states of matter. Instead, a very large blast shield attached itself to the LTC's barrel, adding enough weight that the bottom of the shield plopped to the ground with no intent of ever moving again. Mir didn't even remotely have the physical strength to move this thing...

Actions:
1) Shotgun (50 damage [A+], Spread 1) @ BunnyA/B
2) ZapRing1 (45 Elec damage [A+], Stun 1) @ RattyA
3) IronShield2 (4-Hit Shield)
Showing unbelievable skill, Mir promptly freaked the hell out when she found herself surrounded, while her operator, ever the aloof seemed to help calm her down and get her focused again. Which had some surprising results as she easily smashed those bouncing bunnies just as they got close together. Which followed up by a sudden charged ring that easily jolted a rat's systems and left it hissing as for the moment it seemed to at least be stuck. Though the other two were still quite active, and angry as each launched two mouse like missiles towards Mir. The first of which slamming right into a shield she called forth just at the last second, but the second seemed to veer off to the side harmlessly.

Enemies
Bunny A: Deleted
Bunny B: Deleted
Ratty A: 15HP (Stunned!)
Ratty B: 60HP
Ratty C: 60HP

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
Mir: 100HP [IronShield2 Equipped: 3-hits left]

Misc
Ratton Missile A: 30HP
"It's sturdy, no doubt about that..." observed Mir of the LTC's new accessory, "... but I will seriously never be able to move it in this lifetime!" while trying to exert the kind of strength she just didn't have. Granted, probably 95% of Navis on the Net didn't have that strength, but Mir was particularly more feminine than her spacesuit led on, so that she was even trying to move the blast shield was curious.

"I'm sorry Mir, I forgot that IronShield was so heavy... Though the name isn't very misleading, is it...? Hmm." apologized Emily, in a roundabout kind of way. It was a little strange that she could figure out why the IronShield was heavy by default so quickly, but couldn't have remembered that tidbit in the first place. Then again, Mir was pretty used to that kind of thing.

"Ugh, forget this, it's impossible." sighed Mir, before she disengaged the LTC from the IronShield, leaving it standing upright where it was. "Emily, make a note for later about reconfiguring that chip. It worked this time, but there's no way I'll be able to really use a shield that heavy when it really matters."

"Will do, but first... I think now we can finally test the FireHit~? Those Ratties aren't going to wait all day!" pressured Emily with a great deal of excitement in her voice.

"Okay, okay... Just give me the chip and pray for whatever it is you're looking for. I don't have a clue what the LTC would do with a Fire chip." folded Mir, finally giving into her Operator's impatience. "Oh, and can I have another chip too? Just some kind of gun will do."

"Mhm." nodded Emily as she picked a Cannon out of her purse to go with the FireHit she'd been keeping on hand this whole time. As she slotted the two into her PET, Emily added, "Oh, and watch out for that stray bomb that missed earlier. It's still wandering around somehow."

While the Battlechip data uploaded into the LTC, Mir looked back over her shoulder to see that Emily was indeed right. "Wow... I'm amazed you noticed that, even with all that excitement about the FireHit..."

"You don't have to sound so surprised, Mir!" whined Emily, who was actually kind of proud of that observation. She wasn't an ace Operator by any stretch of the imagination, and thankfully Emily wouldn't make such a claim in the first place.

"Sorry, I just... Okay, I was really surprised. It was a good kind of surprised, though, I promise! I'm happy for you, Emily." explained Mir, who never really minced words about Emily's attention issues. "Anyway, let's test this FireHit out finally... Eh? Uh oh..."

As soon as Mir ran the FireHit code through the LTC, the whole dang cannon threw an error on the input screen. That was never a good thing. "Crap, did they seriously not make this compatible with all chips...?!" Mir's thoughts immediately went to troubleshooting the LTC, but only because the insulation of her spacesuit was masking the more immediate issue.

"Um, Mir? The LTC's glowing... red..." noted Emily, who could also tell already that this wasn't going to be the fancy laser she had hoped for.

"What? Oh no, it's overheating!" gasped Mir, who was entirely taking for granted how well her suit's material was keeping the LTC's heat from transferring to her hands. "What do I do, what do I do... Nearing critical temperature, the firing protocol's jammed, there are no external vents... Ergh, this thing's too expensive to explode!" complained a frantic Mir, who finally just reversed her grip on the LTC's scorching hot handles and fanned the thing through the air. Ironically, that seemingly useless remedy turned out to be how the FireHit executed. The pent-up heat in the LTC leaped from the device out into the open air and caught ablaze, before it kept on going to the Ratty Mir had incidentally swung at. For good measure, Mir fanned the LTC one more time, ejecting all the rest of the firey heat towards the other undamaged Ratty. With all that crap gone, the error screen cleared right up and the LTC resumed its normal functions.

"... Should I make a note to reconfigure that one too?" queried Emily, who could only watch Mir take some very deep breaths as sweat rolled down her cheek. Whether that sweat came from the heat or anxiety, she wasn't quite sure.

"... Yes, please do... I'm just not doing THAT again." grumbled Mir between breaths. Perhaps to alleviate some of her frustrations from that, Mir quickly loaded the Cannon data into the LTC's firing chamber and fired with all the precision of someone who hadn't just been handling a multi-billion zenny project running some 500+ degrees. She didn't even care about that stray bomb roaming around anymore, Mir just really, really wanted to pummel something on the quantum level right now. Unfortunately for the stunned Ratty, it was the target of a concentrated Lumian beam blast.

Actions:
1) FireHit1 (60 Fire damage [A], Impact) @ RattyB
2) FireHit1 (60 Fire damage [A], Impact) @ RattyC
3) Cannon (40 damage [A+], Knockback) @ RattyA
With her FireHit nearly dooming her fancy multi-billion zenny toy to malfunction, Mir somehow managed to turn it around into a positive result, fanning out the heat generated by the chip towards the Ratty, and deleting them quickly. A Cannon quickly followed towards the remaining Ratty, cleaning up the leftovers efficiently.

Enemies
Bunny A: Deleted
Bunny B: Deleted
Ratty A: Deleted
Ratty B: Deleted
Ratty C: Deleted

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
Mir: 100HP [IronShield2 Equipped: 3-hits left]

Misc
Ratton Missile A: 30HP