Scientific Nonsense

Eternalis treaded deeper into the net, finding the surrounding much more hostile than it was just a moment ago. He was nearing the target destination and proceeded forward. But suddenly, a mysterious boomerang flew just in front and a flaming fist appeared just behind! Thankfully, the sudden attacks didn't hit, but Eternalis realized that he was surrounded by the viruses!

BoomerA: 60
ChampuA: 60
BoomerB: 60
ChampuB: 60
BoomerC: 60

Terrain: 100% Normal

Eternalis: 90 HP

-BATTLE THREE, START!-
What the-- Eternalis swung around as the attacks missed him by a small margin.
Oh, crap. More virii! In a five-against-one!
This does look a bit tough, but you can handle it, right?
But of course. Who do you think you're talking to, eh?
I expected nothing less. Now, it's busting time! FireHit1, slot in! Harke said as he inserted the appropriate chip into the PET chip slot.
I see. We're going to repeat last time, no?
Duh.
A wise choice.

Eternalis' right hand then emanated a dim but brilliant glow as a large boxing glove took its place as per usual. He tensed his motions and focused on one of the Boomers in the area, remembering how the virus exploded on impact with the chip. The glove radiated a red glow as he made a quick punching motion in the air to release the attack towards the virus.

Then, the red glove disappeared, though Eternalis did not loosen his movements just yet. As soon as the chip effect dissipated, his arm came aglow with a light now well-known to him. He turned his gaze upon one of the flaming Champus and proceeded to attempt his Aquatic Influence attack on the virus.

Then, a wall of water materialized before the blue Navi, protecting him from the attacks that would follow. He kept a close watch on his enemies, should they attempt to aggress him in any way that he could avoid.

=SUMMARY=
1/ FireHit1 to BoomerA (60 Fire, Distance)
2/ Aquatic Influence to ChampuA (40x2 (AquaxFire), 1 Hit Shield)
3/ Dodge Prepared

=BATTLEFIELD=
BoomerA: 60
ChampuA: 60
ChampuB: 60
BoomerC: 60

With the elemental one-two punch, two viruses was dead and gone. However, from now on, the navi wouldn't be able to handle these viruses like he did before. And the problem got worse when all three of them began their attack against Eternalis!

BoomerA: DELETED
ChampuA: DELETED
BoomerB: 60 [ATTACKING]
ChampuB: 60 [ATTACKING]
BoomerC: 60 [ATTACKING]

Eternalis: 90 HP [Shield: 1-hit]
Ah! They're attacking! Finally, I was wondering if they fell asleep or something.
Er, you do realize that they're attacking you full-force.
No sweat, I got this one. Just upload some Shotgun goodness and I'll be ready to go, no problem.
Sure, if you insist... Shotgun, slot in!

The long barrel appeared once more on Eternalis' left hand, awaiting further action. He chuckled to himself as the attacks came closer to him, and threw his hand down. Suddenly, a strong gust lifted him forwards and upwards, behind the wall of enemies that surrounded him earlier.

Then, as he flew in the air, he aimed his gun towards a couple of virii, a Champu and a Boomer. Then, his gun began to light up and fired a shot towards the two. Then, after his quick attack, he whipped out his buster and fired two successive rounds towards the Champu, assuming that it would be a bigger threat, as it would attack from a distance.

He landed on the ground with a roll and quickly stood up to prepare for any sudden counterattacks, having escaped the cluster of virii.

=SUMMARY=
Free/ Gust, above, forwards to leap over the virii
1/ Shotgun to ChampuB (50, Spread1 hopefully towards BoomerB)
2/ Buster shot to ChampuB (2x2x2 = 8)
3/ Buster shot to ChampuB (2x2x2 = 8)

=BATTLEFIELD=
BoomerB: 60 [ATTACKING]
ChampuB: 60 [ATTACKING]
BoomerC: 60 [ATTACKING]

Eternalis: 90 HP [Shield: 1-hit]
Eternalis rocketed up into the sky as the viruses only gaze in wonder. The shotgun made quick damage of the Champu as well as the Boomer next to it. In a blink of an eye, the Champu was destroyed by the two buster shots, but the Boomers took the chance and destroyed the shield that protected the navi.

ChampuB: DELETED
BoomerC: 10

Eternalis: 90 HP [Shield: DESTROYED]
Heheh, this is going great!
Of course, we can't afford to let our guard down, you know.
Yeah, I know. Always the cautious one. Sheesh.
I'm not trying to be a wet blanket or anything. Just putting it out there.
Anyways, I think I'd like to try out something new with the RageClaw. Could you upload it with a Cannon before it?
Well... since we have it anyway, I'll upload the Guard chip just for some protection and stuff.
All right, load me up!

Harke took the chips and inserted them one by one into the PET chip slot.
Almost immediately, a large green cannon materialized in Eternalis' left hand, which he took instinctively in his right hand, knelt down, aimed at the untouched Boomer and took a shot that bellowed a loud sound as it fired. With the shot taken, he blasted himself forward towards the targeted Boomer with a controlled gust of wind.

Afterwards, Eternalis' right hand glowed with a distinct but faint blue light, in which the oversized bear claws revealed themselves. The blue NetNavi lunged forward at the target Boomer and attempted to grab and toss it at the injured Boomer by using his new bearlike strength.

Then, as the claws disappeared into the nether, he activated the Guard1 chip in anticipation of attack, if his plan of attack failed to work. The large yellow shield covered the navi and protected him from harm.

=SUMMARY=
1/ Cannon to BoomerB (40, Knockback)
F/ Gust Self towards BoomerB
2/ RageClaw to throw BoomerB towards BoomerC (20, Impact)
3/ Guard1 to Self (Reflect, max 60)
The final two viruses was dealt quickly with a fascinatingly quick combo by Eternalis. The Boomers howled with their last breath and disintegrated into dusts, leaving behind their signature metal blades for the navi.

BoomerB: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
BoomerC: DELETED

Eternalis: 90 HP [Shield: DESTROYED]

-BATTLE WON!-
100z + [Boomerang] Battlechip
Oh yeah, we beat 'em flat!
Hah, of course we beat them. Although that throwing combo was your idea.
I think we're getting closer to what we wanted. Let's go.
Wait, I think those Boomers dropped something. Try and check it out.

Eternalis walked over to the virii residue and examined the spoils of battle. Among them were some frightening metal blades he had seen the Boomers use.

Hey, have a look at this.
I do believe that's chip data. Hold on, I'm looking it up... Ah! Here it is. The Boomerang1 chip. 60 damage, wood element.
Sweet! Yet another awesome chip!
I'll put it in the folder for you to use later. Now let's get going before any more virii pop up.
Order received. Eternalis replied in a Russian accent.
Wait, what? Harke said, puzzled.
Nothing.
Eternalis continued on to the Scilab, reaching near the area where the mysterious viruses was said to be sighted multiple times. From the look of it, nothing seemed out of place and there wasn't anything worth mentioning.

However.

When the navi proceeded a little further, a loud siren was triggered, nearly numbing the navi's hearing. Multiple Canodumbs sprouted out from the ground and immediately locked onto Eternalis. But things got lot worse when couple more appeared behind him!

-Front-
CanodumbA: 50
CanodumbB: 50
CanodumbC: 50
CanodumbD: 50
CanodumbE: 50

-Behind-
CanodumbF: 50
CanodumbG: 50

-BATTLE FOUR, START!-
(( Mod me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming Boomerang has the potential to hit more than one enemy, since it says "throws a boomerang at enemies" in the description ))

The siren blasted through SciLab 2 with an nearly crippling sharp noise. Eternalis couldn't help but scream in shock and agony.

Gyaaaah, my ears!!! What's that siren?!
Et, Canodumbs at 6 and 12 o' clock!
I think I can see that pretty clearly.
I think we should try that new chip we got earlier.
Hmmm, of course, but we should take care of the ones behind me first.
A Shotgun should do the trick, plus a Guard for good measure. Shotgun, Boomerang, Guard1, slot in!
Let's bust! Eternalis said, his hearing adjusted to the siren's piercing noise by now.

The shotgun barrel produced itself on Eternalis' left hand as he threw his right hand down. Instantly, the winds complied to his command promptly and proceeded to blast him off the ground towards the larger group of Canodumbs in front of him, hoping to evade the coming onslaught of the combined virii attacks.

Then, twisting his body in mid-air, he swiftly aimed at the two Canodumbs that were previously behind him, holding the barrel in his right hand. Focusing hard, he fired off a shot, intending to wipe out the double cannons in one single shot. Not looking to see if he did so or not, he turned around as the barrel disappeared.

Landing behind the quintet of Canodumbs, a shimmer appeared on his right hand and disappeared soon after, but not before leaving a brightly shining metal boomerang in his hand. He readied his aim and focused towards the virii. He could feel it, the coldness of the weapon, giving him a frigid chill that coursed through his processes.

Taste cold steel, 'dumbs!

With a loud bellow, Eternalis tossed the sharp metal object quickly towards the group of Canodumbs, hoping that it would hit a good number of them. Which, in the best case scenario, would mean that the boomerang would annihilate all of them, which would leave him with a two-hit kill. S-rank material, he thought.

Of course, the best-laid plans always have a contingency, so he quickly activated the Guard that his operator had left him with. The oversized yellow shield quickly materialized into existence over him, guarding him from any potential attacks that his adversaries would possibly throw against him.

=SUMMARY=
*/ Gust forward, above to land behind CanodumbsA to E
1/ Shotgun to CanodumbF, G (50, Spread1)
2/ Boomerang to CanodumbA, B, C, D, E (60, Wood)
3/ Guard1 to Self (Reflect Max 60)
((Yes, but only up to three enemies, not five))

Eternalis' first move to hide inside the virus group was a success when the Canodumbs ceased fire when they were about to shoot their own comrades. The shotgun pierced through the helpless Canodumbs like it was nothing and the boomerang...didn't do too much of a good job.

The navi was too selfish in his aim and the boomerang wobbled here and there, only making a fraction of destruction. Thankfully, the Guard chip protected the navi from any incoming fire and reflected it back.

-Front-
CanodumbA: 50
CanodumbB: 50
CanodumbC: DELETED
CanodumbD: 35
CanodumbE: DELETED

-Behind-
CanodumbF: DELETED
CanodumbG: DELETED

Eternalis: 75 HP [Guard: Destroyed]
Argh! Man, didn't realize these were so tough!
Set up a barrier!
Mrgh, all right, but give me something to attack with.
Of course, but be careful out there, okay? Harke reassured his Navi as he slotted in the FireHit1 and Cannon chip.

The glove once again reappeared in Eternalis' right hand with a dim glow to announce its arrival. Getting up from the wounds of cannon fire his shield didn't block, he aimed for one of the Canodumbs he didn't hit with his earlier boomerang attack. He wasn't going to make the same mistake again with the aiming this time around. Activating the chip, the glove burned a shining red before he threw the punch towards the virus.

Then, after the punch was thrown, the glove immediately disappeared in another flash of light. Then, his other hand glowed with the same dim light, to be replaced by a Cannon in its place. Kneeling down on the ground, he held the cannon in his free hand and aimed it at a damaged Canodumb he saw his Guard reflector hit earlier. Then, he fired off a loud cannon shot to destroy the turret.

After that, the cannon in his hand flashed out of sight. Switching his focus to yet another Canodumb, he tensed his right hand and allowed the familiar blue incandescence to take over. He focused on the Canodumb and attempted to attack internally with his limited ability to manipulate the water data inside his enemies. He couldn't see any results in terms of damage to the virus, but the data was extracted to himself anyway, in the form of a swirling wall of water, protecting him from the cannon shots that lay ahead.

=SUMMARY=
1/ FireHit1 to CanodumbA (60, Fire)
2/ Cannon to CanodumbD (40, Knockback)
3/ Aquatic Influence to CanodumbB (40, Aqua, 1-Hit Shield)
((My bad, I accidentally damaged your navi~))

The remaining Canodumbs was destroyed by Eternalis before they could even return fire. They can't help it but to stay immobile, unable to dodge any incoming attacks at all. Anyhow, the deleted virus datas compressed into a single entity and appeared just in front of Eternalis.

-Front-
CanodumbA: DELETED
CanodumbB: DELETED
CanodumbC: DELETED
CanodumbD: DELETED
CanodumbE: DELETED

-Behind-
CanodumbF: DELETED
CanodumbG: DELETED

Eternalis: 90 [Defense: 1-hit Shield]

-BATTLE WON!-
600z
Heh, that wasn't so hard.
I dunno, something tells me it's about to get a bit harder than this.
Ah, such a worrywort.
What the heck is a worrywort?
I dunno.
Well, let's just move on. We'll probably find what we're looking for if we keep moving.
Man, it's so boring just walking and walking.
And walking... heh. S'okay. I'll bring you a nice little surprise later. Then we'll go walking around the place and stuff, okay? Harke tried to comfort his Navi.
I'm not a kid.
Of course you're not. Harke chuckled.
(( badabump ))
Before both Navi and operator realized, the sun was setting down on both worlds. In the networld, lanterns sprouted out from the ground and started to illuminate Eternalis' path, making sure no darkness can ever reach him. The navi continued on for just a while until he realized something...off.

What he saw was a few lantern posts completely shredded by what may have been a virus. But the marking told that this virus was certainly not a native one. All seemed quite as Eternalis examined the post, but then! All the other lanterns started to fall one by one like a tree and almost left the navi in complete darkness! In a quick glimpse, you could see a shadowy figure that was traveling between the posts and cutting them down, it must be the target virus!

After it finished its job, it hid within the darkness. The only thing that gave light for the navi was the lanterns from far away, but that couldn't reach to the center of the darkness...

"Mystery Virus": 200 [In darkness: +1 Dodge]

Eternalis: 90

-BOSS BATTLE, FIGHT!-
{Damn, why did it have to cut those lanterns?}

Eternalis couldn't quite place the virus that they were hunting for, as it hid within the darkness. He could not hear the virus, as it made no sound, none audible to him, anyway. It looked a bit hopeless at the time. In desperation, he assumed a defensive stance and surveyed his surroundings. The faraway lights were his chance. If he could lure this virus out somehow towards the light, then he would stand a better chance against it.

Harke, I'm going to try to reach the outer lanterns.
Be on the lookout for the virus we're looking for.
I'm going to fire a couple of buster shots to light things up a bit while I back up.
That might work as a lure too.

Eternalis began to run in the direction of the light, making sure to survey his surroundings while he did so. Turning in the direction of the center of the darkness, he brought out the good old reliable buster and started a brief energy charge. Then, after a brief moment, he fired off two buster shots into the darkness, hoping to catch the virus' attention.

=SUMMARY=
1/ Run like hell to the lanterns!
2/3/ Rapid buster shots ( 2 shots x 2 attack x 2 rapid x 2 = 16 )
Eternalis began to run towards the safe sanctuary of the light, hoping that the mysterious virus would follow and run out of the darkness. The virus did follow, but it clawed and cut through the laterns in front of him. It was obvious that it disliked the light, but as he progressed towards the navi, more and more lanterns surrounded the area, revealing small parts of the virus. The first noticeable traits of the virus was its jet black paw, similar to that of a Spikey, but not quite. Thought it wasn't a clear shot, the navi could see the position of the virus now and the buster shots was a success!

"Mystery Virus": 184

Eternalis: 90
The buster shots hit their target, making a sound unmistakeable as anything but a direct hit. As Eternalis backed up into the light, he gained more sight and started to see bits and pieces of the virus, like its jet black paw. Yes! I can see the virus now! It's got some sort of black paw.
Great work, Et! I can't think of any virus with black paws, but never mind that. We'll weaken him with a couple of strong chips, then go in for the killer shot!
I don't think we'll be able to get this virus out into the light, though. It seems to hate light, probably the reason why it cut down all those lanterns.
Yeah, but now we're able to see its position, so stay put and launch attacks from your position.
Roger that.
Let's do this! Boomerang, FireHit1, slot in! Harke said as he picked up the chips in question and slotted them into his PET chip slot, sending the weapon data to his Navi.

Eternalis felt a rush as his right hand shimmered to signify the sending of chip data to it. The light subsided, revealing a large and dangerous metal boomerang. He smirked in satisfaction, seeing the dim reflected light of the lanterns shine into the darkness. He took aim at the virus, focused his sights and processes into one single spot and promptly threw the boomerang towards the virus' position, assuring himself that it would hit.

Then, as soon as the boomerang was thrown, the next chip data was nearly instantaneously sent to his right arm, producing a large silhouette of light. He didn't have to bother with introductions with this chip, because as soon as the light subsided, Eternalis activated the weapon he held in his hand, a glove with the familiar crimson glow of fire. Having already watched the position of the virus earlier, he concentrated, felt the heat of the fire and threw a punch towards the virus in one quick move, not knowing if he hit it or otherwise.

Then, the glove disappeared into thin air at the command of a glow once again. It was then that he kept his senses on high alert, looking around as he didn't know if the virus would have any ranged attacks at the ready or if it would lunge out suddenly, ignoring the light that it seemed to hate so much.

=SUMMARY=
1 Boomerang to Mystery Virus (60, Wood)
2 FireHit1 to Mystery Virus (60, Fire)
3 Dodge Reservation
The Boomerang thrown at the virus ventured into the darkness, but rather than the sound of pain, it was a sound of a metal being broken into pieces that echoed. The attack failed, but Eternalis continued on with his next attack, which turned out to be a success while the virus was too preoccupied with the Boomerang. It yelped, not in pain, but in fear. The burning light emitted from the Firehit reacted with the black virus, but it quickly calmed and faced Eternalis when the fire died down.

It dashed, while again, cutting down the lanterns that was in front of him and tried to swipe the navi with its claw. Eternalis was quick in his feet and barely dodged the attack. Realizing what it needed to do, it stopped in its track and gave out a ear piercing howl into the sky. The lanterns that surrounded him and Eternalis shattered and left both in the darkness!

"Mystery Virus": 124 [In darkness: +1 Dodge]

Eternalis: 90 [In darkness: -1 Dodge / Limited Visibility]