(4-pointed) Star of ACDC

Immediately after entering the Net, Shuri wasted no time in getting moving. She felt like deleting viruses, and that's exactly what she was going to do.

Her operator, however, had one big question. "Um, Shuri, dear? Why are you in ACDC Area?"

"The viruses here are nice and easy, so I imagine I can vent my frustrations nice and quick, before Shurimpy's fully healed."

"Well, it's your call. If you want to bust there, then be my guest."

The ninja Navi silently agreed, and continued on her way, in her quest for things to destroy.

(Searching for Battle #1)
Shuri would first vent her frustrations on a trio of flaming-fisted Champys. Oh... and off to the side, resting in a patch of grass, there was a GMD.

-Viruses-
ChampyA: 60HP
ChampyB: 60HP
ChampyC: 60HP

-Objects-
GMD: 15HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Navi-
Shuri.EXE: 150HP

~Battle 1: Start!!~
So, some Champy were the first things she ran into. They'd do. ...She really didn't have any particular thoughts beyond that. They were just a means to an end to her. Namely, the means to kill time until Shurimpy recovered. "Well, I suppose this is where I wordlessly start to cut apart the viruses."

"You know, it's kinda sad in a way, deleting viruses for the heck of it."

"Don't feel too sad for them. If they're openly attacking me, it's pretty clear they're malicious."

"I know, but still...never mind. This isn't really the time or place to have a discussion like this."

"That I can completely agree with. Now, send me something that can get rid of these things in one shot. This shouldn't take long at all."

"All right." Hmm...it might be nice if the chip didn't require much effort on her Navi's part...that settled that. She knew precisely what to send over "BattleChip, Boomerang! Slot in!"

The large throwing star on Shuri's back began to glow a faint green, as it became imbued with the chip data. She grabbed it, quickly calculated the arc trajectory, and flung it. If her aim was true, it'd sail over next to the virus group, tear through them, and return to her in a mostly vertical pattern. After all, she hadn't missed that mystery data over to the side, and getting too horizontal might be bad for its survival. And she certainly didn't want that.

But that wasn't all Naomi had to send. So that neither her Navi nor the shiny green data would be harmed, it would be beneficial if the viruses were definitely gone ASAP. "Here's some more help, Shuri! BattleChip, WideBlade! Slot in!"

At first, it appeared that absolutely nothing was happening, as the shuriken traveled along in its attempt to slice the viruses up. But suddenly, the ninja Navi bolted forward at them. As she approached the boxing viruses, she caught up with her weapon, which was now in the process of returning. She reached out and grabbed it, causing it to turn from green to a golden yellow. In one smooth motion, she then spun around, to try and directly slash the Champy into nothingness. Though, she allowed her momentum to spin her again, and deliver a second blow with the sword chip data, just in case. And that...should be that. She returned her blade to its normal location on her back, and prepared to avoid some punches, just in case it was revealed she needed glasses or something.

[Order of Turn:
1-Boomerang1 chip attack on ChampyA, ChampyB, and ChampyC (60, Wood, B, Arc Attack)
2-WideBlade chip attack on ChampyA, ChampyB, and ChampyC (110, B, Slashing, Wide Attack)
3-WideBlade chip attack on ChampyA, ChampyB, and ChampyC (110, B, Slashing, Wide Attack)
4-Dodge]
The Champys start to advance menacingly, only for their eyes to bug out upon noticing the armaments Shuri was packing. All but one of the viruses is demolished by the deadly shuriken as it buzzes through their ranks. The survivor looks to either side at the spaces its comrades had (until very recently) occupied, then set its chin and slammed its fists together, leaping forward in what was sure to be a suicidal charge. To its credit, it very nearly manages to hit the ninja Navi, fist coming so close to Shuri's face that she could feel the heat toasting her eyebrows. Alas, it falls to an onslaught of blows no Champy could hope to survive, leaving the battlefield empty but for the floating crystal.

-Viruses-
ChampyA: NOPE
ChampyB: NOPE
ChampyC: NOPE

-Objects-
GMD: 15HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Navi-
Shuri.EXE: 150HP

-Battle 1: Victorious!-
Rewards: FireHit1, 200z

GMD OPEN Y/N?
"Hmph." She had to give that one Champy credit for almost managing to hit her...but it just wasn't fast enough to keep up with her. Other than that, everything went as expected. To that end, she started to access the leftover data, though inwardly cringing a bit that her SP couldn't get a nutritious BugFrag meal out of it. "As expected, there's not much here...though, there is chip data. I'm sending it over."

FireHit. Didn't seem too much up her Navi's alley, but it was a chip, and their folder wasn't completely full yet, so onto a blank chip it went. "Got it, and the money too. Now, what's in that mystery data, I wonder?"

"Only one way to know for sure." The ninja approached the green crystal, and raised an arm in front of her to begin accessing its contents.

(OPENING GMD)
The GMD unlocks, and Shuri beholds...two glowing red eyes, just before a swirling green fog rushes out of the horizontal gap, enveloping the ninja Navi and blocking her vision completely; it's a Mimic Trap!

When the smoke fades, Shuri finds herself in a completely different area than she had before: what appears to be an abandoned house, all rotted wallpaper, broken floors, and rickety stairs. A few viruses are there to greet her in their special, virus-y manner, with two Powies flapping their arms gaily, and a Beetank idly puttering about. Through the holes in the ceiling, Shuri can make out glimpses of the second floor, and the sounds of bouncing rubber; two Melody viruses inhabit the second floor, with the Mimic peering down through a hole. If the virus had a mouth, it most certainly would have been smirking.

-Second Floor-

-Viruses-
MelodyA: 80
MelodyB: 80
Green Mimic: 200

-Terrain-
40% Normal
40% Cracked
20% Broken

-Objects-
Staircase: 20 (Cracked)

[Special: The Staircase allows safe traverse from the 1st floor to the 2nd, but will only last for one use, after which it becomes Broken]

-1st Floor-

-Viruses-
PowieA: 60
PowieB: 60
Beetank: 80

-Terrain-
60% Normal
30% Cracked
10% Broken

-Navi-
Shuri.EXE: 150 HP

HOUSE PARTY
BATTLE 2, START
Well, that was strange...the mystery data wasn't allowing her direct access. Which meant...well, shoot. Even Shuri didn't have much time to do anything other than shield her eyes against the blinding light, as the Mimic sent her to a world in dire need of a repairman. It was kind of an odd place for such a run down house, though...ACDC wasn't exactly known as being full of derilict buildings. But, she could ponder the meaning of it later. "I have no idea why there's a place like this here...but that's not important. For now, I have a little payback to inflict." With that, she started to race for the stairs, and climbed them. She could feel the instability, and the sounds of things falling and hitting the floor pretty much confirmed that it was falling apart behind her. A slower, heavier Navi might not have had a chance...but ninjas were well known for being neither of those.

Looking at the numbers, one thing struck the operator as weird; namely, that Shuri was going after the beefy target first. It seemed like it'd be more efficient to take out the smaller stuff first, then go after the big one. Maybe she had some sort of plan? "Shuri, sweetie? Exactly how are you going to get your payback?"

The ninja Navi finally reached the second floor, taking a moment to take in the pair of Melody, as well as the one responsible for putting her in this mess. "I think it's finally time we test out that chip we got from that last mission. Just, hurry, because I'm probably only going to get one shot at it."

That chip? ...Ah, that made sense. Hurriedly, Naomi inserted the requested chip. "All right, BattleChip, AntiDamage! Slot in!"

As the data started to transfer, Shuri walked right up to the fake mystery data, and gave it a quick look over...before shooting it a disgusted look "Hmph, can't handle me by yourself, can you? Have to get help just to take on little ol' me? I bet you couldn't touch me if you wanted to. ...How useless. I may be a woman, but you...are just...a pussy." To punctuate her insult, she flicked one of the Mimic's corners with her finger. That oughta anger it into attacking her. She knew that they weren't exactly harmless...and that's what she'd be counting on.

Whatever tried to hit her and succeeded, however...would actually not succeed at all. Instead, her form would simply slump to the ground, revealing that it was just a body double doll. Then, out of nowhere, her true self would show up, and pelt the offender with giant shurikens. A simple trap, but the best ones often were. Besides, any trap where she got to fling giant shuriken was okay in her book. She only wished that there had been a proper chance to test it beforehand.

[Order of Turn:
1-Climb up stairs (Movement)
2-AntiDamage chip on Shuri (100, B, Slashing, hits 3 times; negates and counters next non-elemental attack)
3-Taunt Green Mimic into attacking (RP-centric action)
---TURN SPLICE---
With the grace of a...well, ninja, Shuri weaves around a bomb tossed by the Beetank, and succesfully navigates the rickety staircase, steps collapsing behind her in a seamless chain-reaction of motion that set action movie directors everywhere weeping. Upon reaching the top, she darts past the Melody viruses, and proceeds to...insult the Mimic.

The Mimic virus, as it stood, had no primary sexual characteristics, and as such did not particularly identify with her choice of insult. It did, however, take great offense to being poked, and decided to show her how much it disapproved with a powerful beam attack, sure to cut straight through any and all defenses. Sadly, nowhere in that withering combination did a Nullify effect exist, and the trap was sprung on the unsuspecting virus, who was caught unawares by a hail of giant shuriken right in its smug, non-existent face.

The Melody viruses that had been bouncing about around the top floor stopped for a moment, shocked as they were by their host's sudden deletion. Angered, one Melody flings itself at the ninja Navi, bouncing on her head with a vengeance and leaving a new hole in the rotten floor where it had just leaped from. (20)

-Second Floor-

-Viruses-
MelodyB: 80
Green Mimic: DELETED

-Terrain-

40% Normal
35% Cracked
25% Broken

-Objects-
Staircase: BROKEN

-1st Floor-

-Viruses-

-Terrain-
50% Normal
40% Cracked
10% Broken

-Navi-
Shuri.EXE: 130 HP
She'd done it. Shuri had managed to catch the trap virus in a trap of her own. Unfortunately, she ended up getting a little too full of herself, and ended up taking a music note to the head. While not especially painful, it did manage to wound her pride a little...though after what just happened, that wasn't an especially bad thing. "With that thing out, it's just a matter of clean up. And since the Melody aren't close to each other...I'll eliminate them one at a time. Naomi, if you'd please!"

Fortunately for the operator, they didn't actually have a whole lot that could defeat them in a single hit. And based on what her Navi'd said...this should do. "How's this? BattleChip, Sword! Slot in!"

The ninja Navi acquired a slightly glowing kunai in her hand, which she casually flipped as she took aim on her next target. As soon as she stopped, she bolted forward, to give her attacker the thanks she desired to give it in the form of a good ol' fashioned shanking. In, and out. That's how easy it was. And yet, there was no guarantee it'd work. If only reality was as simple as thinking.

---TURN SPLICE---
4-Sword chip attack on MelodyB (80, B, Slashing)]
The glowing kunai lashes out, and pops the bereaved Melody like an overinflated balloon. The virus' twin, in return, leaps forth in the hopes of increasing Shuri's headache, but falls just a bit short, cracking a few more panels along the way. The floor creaks, unsteadied by the sheer amount of compromised terrain up along the second floor.

-Second Floor-

-Viruses-
MelodyB: DELETED

-Terrain-
40% Normal
30% Cracked
30% Broken

-Objects-

-1st Floor-

-Viruses-

-Terrain-
50% Normal
40% Cracked
10% Broken

-Navi-
Well, vengeance achieved. Mimic tricked into being destroyed, and Melody shanked. And, the other Melody's attempt failed, so no need for revenge there. All that was left was mop up duty. "All right, let's wrap this up so we can see if getting warped here was worth it." Shuri twirled her kunai a bit, before rushing the remaining music note virus, and delivering a quick, yet lethal, slash with her knife. Not the flashiest of techniques...but being a true ninja meant flash was often thrown out the window.

At any rate, so long as she struck true, she was now by herself, with some more viruses down below her, just waiting to be destroyed like their friends. "I'd say this calls for a combo attack, wouldn't you, Naomi?"

Yep, it sure did...whatever she meant by 'combo attack'. "Which is...?"

"...I get warped over there, and I slash them up. AKA the combo we always use."

"Ohhhh...right. Well, to be fair, virus busting class was years ago, and I didn't NetBattle back then, so I really don't remember that much..." Was it an excuse? Yes. But it was a true excuse. Anyway, chip transferal time. "BattleChip, AreaGrab! BattleChip, WideBlade! Double slot in!"

After moving her current weapon to her other hand, Shuri vanished from her location, appearing once more behind the paperweights and bug down below. Her giant shuriken now had a golden glow, as it became infused with powerful chip data. And with that, she grabbed the new glowing weaponry, removed it from her back...and slash! Slash! Almost too quickly for the eye to follow, she performed a one-two attack, capable of rending apart the basic enemies with even a single blow. She placed her shuriken back in its usual spot, having lost its luster after the attacks. But, with any luck, that would be completely irrelevant, as there would be no viruses in the area left. Still, it was a good idea to be careful, and make sure they were all gone before celebrating...

[Order of Turn:
1-Sword chip attack on MelodyA (80, B, Slashing)
2-AreaGrab chip on Shuri (S, Teleport, Accuracy Up)
3-WideBlade chip attack on PowieA, PowieB, and Beetank (110, B, Slashing, Wide Attack)
4-WideBlade chip attack on PowieA, PowieB, and Beetank (110, B, Slashing, Wide Attack)]
Shuri slashed the Melody into deletion. Then teleported to the lower levels and slashed the rest of the party goers into ribbons. That crashed the rest of the house party. You square.

But at least there were some party favors left over. Although from the way everything was looking, with the upper level close to collapsing, Shuri would seriously think about relocating soon.

-Second Floor-

-Viruses-
MelodyA: DELETED
MelodyB: DELETED

-Terrain-
40% Normal
30% Cracked
30% Broken

-Objects-

-1st Floor-

-Viruses-
PowieA: DELETED
PowieB: DELETED
Beetank: DELETED

-Terrain-
50% Normal
40% Cracked
10% Broken

-Navi-

~Battle 2: Victory!!~
Rewards: Quake1, 270
GMD: Airshot1
Shuri took a moment to gather up the data, and checked it out. Small amount of cash...Quake chip data? Ugh. Now, what did that Mimic have in it? She used the broken area to her advantage, easily drawing it down without having to actually go up. AirShot...acceptable. At the very least, the pocket with her folder in it was probably starting to get tight. "That's everything. ...Returning now."

"Now? Wait a sec-" But before her operator could interject, the ninja Navi was gone from the Net...

(JACKING OUT)
The second she had fully formed, Shuri dashed into the Net. She knew she was on a fairly tight time limit, if she was going to be there when her SP was fully recovered, and she needed to find something to bust, fast. No time to chew the fat with Naomi, or anything other than a speedy search for viruses.

(Searching for Battle #1...again)
Shuri runs like the Speed-type Navi she is...and very nearly trips right over a Metool. She manages to catch herself in time to avoid a collision, but tears right through the colourful ribbon it held. The sudden movement alerts the other two Metools, who pause in wrapping their ribbons around an unusually tall Cacty, who burbles angrily at seeing the torn fabric. The three mattock-wielding viruses brandish their tools, demanding retribution from the careless ninja.

-Viruses-
MetoolA: 40HP
MetoolB: 40HP
MetoolC: 40HP
Cacty: 70HP [unusually large, no in-game effect]

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Navi-

-YOU JUST CRASHED A MAY DAY PARTY (BUT IT ISN'T EVEN MAY?!)-
-BATTLE #1: BEGIN!-
Hmm. Nothing so far. And that was the end of this straightaway. Time to make a turn, a-

Whoops. Even she didn't have time to avoid the Mettaur, getting tripped up. Being a quick thinking ninja, however, Shuri was able to do a backflip back behind it, saving both face and further party destruction. But, that raised a question. "...This looks like some sort of celebration. But exactly what? I can't think of any holidays going on right now."

"Neither can I. Maybe it's one of their birthdays or something?"

"I'm...not really sure if viruses remember the exact day they were created. But, it's irrelevant." After all, she had several angry viruses glaring at her. Instinctively, she placed her hand up near one of her shuriken's points. "Looks like it's a fight they want, so it's a fight they'll-"

"Shuri, no!"

"...Come again?" Did...did she just get ordered to NOT attack the viruses with obvious bloodlust?

"They were just having a little party, and then you showed up and wrecked one of the decorations. They're not doing anything wrong...can't you do something other than destroy them?"

...Yep. She did. "Well, yes, but they have clear designs on attacking me..."

"No. You're not attacking them. And that's final!"

"...Then what am I supposed to do? Defeat them with a killer apology?"

"That'd be a good start. Go on, apologize to them!"

...Well, this wasn't going on her resume as an expert mercenary. "......Sorry, viruses. I should've paid more attention to where I was running." ...If she was going to do this, she might as well go all the way. "I've got an idea. Send me BambooKnife."

"What'd I just say?! No-"

"I'm not going to attack them. Trust me."

"...All right. One chip, coming up!" Naomi was kinda wondering what kind of plan not involving cleaving viruses into two required a wooden sword...but Shuri wasn't much of a liar. She had faith that she had some sort of non-violent approach. "BattleChip, BambooKnife! Slot in!"

A kunai made out of wood appeared in the Navi's hand, who looked it over. However, she proceed to take her free hand, carefully placed it on the blade...and broke it in two. She took a close look at where it had snapped, eventually noticing something that caught her interest. She plucked a splinter from the destroyed weapon, then allowed the rest of it to dissipate into nothing. The small, thin piece of wood was all she needed from it. "All right, now send over WoodTower."

The operator was starting to piece together what her Navi was up to. If it was what she thought...she definitely approved of the idea. "Okay, here! BattleChip, WoodTower!"

A Popper suddenly formed in front of Shuri, who looked on at the other, non-summoned viruses. It took a deep breath, preparing to skewer as many as it could...

"Nope, no attacking." But before it could, its summoner leaped up, and cut a portion of the silk string it hung from with a generated shuriken. Upset at not being able to hang like it normally did, the bagworm looked angrily at her before vanishing. But more importantly to the Navi, she had everything she needed now. She carefully moved over to where she'd accidentally destroyed the ribbon (without ripping anything else up, of course), and, using the splinter as a needle, began using the string to sew it back into a single piece again.

"Aha, so that was your plan after all." Naomi couldn't help but be pleased at her Navi for her quick thinking, and for not being a jerk about the whole thing.

"Yes, though my sewing skills leave a lot to be desired. Just, promise me one thing."

"What's that?"

"Never tell anyone about this. EVER."

"Hee hee, of course!"

"...There. That should do it." Yep, looked like it was in one piece, and it'd hold. It wasn't the finest stitchwork ever, but she was more interested in function over form here. With that, she carefully backed her way out, taking care to not rip anything up again. "It's fixed now. Everyone happy?"

"I'm happy!"

...Well, as wonderful as that was, Shuri was more concerned with the viruses' opinion of her handiwork. Though, if they weren't grateful at the efforts she took, she wasn't above defying her operator's orders and shredding everything else in the area, party or no.

[Order of Turn:
1-Procure needle and thread
2-Carefully head for ripped ribbon
3-Repair ripped ribbon
4-Carefully get out of ribboned area]
The Metools lower their mattocks upon hearing the verbal apology, aggression fading to depression as they mourn the torn streamer. The sadness fads into interest, however, upon seeing Shuri's masterful improvisation with a few chips to create a needle and thread; the foursome watches with bated breath as she complets the emergency patch on the streamer. The handiwork was fair enough as far as battlefield surgeries went, and a cheer of happy virus-noises goes up as a Metool holds it before its giant cartoon eyes and finds it held together.

The Metools gleefully resume wrapping the giant Cacty, who smiles down at the ninja Navi. Just before the ribbons completely bound the cactus up, it somehow unlooses one of its fragments, sending it bouncing towards Shuri along with a few spare bits of zenny. Rather than an attack, however, the CactBall comes to a stop in front of her, presented as a gift.

-Viruses-
MetoolA: 40HP
MetoolB: 40HP
MetoolC: 40HP
Cacty: 70HP [successfully wrapped!]

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Navi-

-FRIENDSHIP - FLAWLESS VICTORY!!-
Rewards: CactBall1, 400z
Shuri couldn't help but feel a little awkward as the viruses celebrated her emergency fixing skills. She'd been THIS close to deleting them without remorse...and yet, now she was just watching them continue to decorate the Cactikill, as though that had never happened. ...It was something she wasn't really used to.

Wait, what was that coming from the Cactikill? The ninja was on edge for a split second, before realized that it didn't mean any harm. It didn't even have the momentum to so much as touch her, much less harm her. A scan revealed that it was chip data and a little bit of money, as though she'd actually beaten them. She transferred it to the PET, but...well, things were about to get awkward for her again. "Er...thank you. I appreciate it." Granted, she didn't particularly WANT a CactusBall chip, but it was better than nothing. And if nothing else, she appreciated the gesture.

"You're really not used to thanking people, are you?"

"Not especially...also, these are viruses."

"That doesn't mean they don't have-"

"Naomi. No sentimental crap right now. Things are weird enough now as it is."

"...Fine. But, can you do me a favor?"

"...What is it?"

"Think you could ask them if you can transfer them to the virus zoo? I mean, they were sweet, I don't want anything to harm them if we can help it."

"Oh, for the love of..." While less than pleased, Shuri sighed, then asked. "Hey, you guys. Would you, by any chance, be interested in me sending you to a virus zoo? It's a sort of safe haven, where viruses without blind malice in their hearts can live in peace. I see no reason why they wouldn't let you have these sorts of celebrations...based on what I've heard, they're extremely considerate towards such things. That said, it's fine if you say no, I'll let you be if that's the case. But, if you're on board, I'd be happy to warp you there." She fell silent, and awaited their response. And she still felt awkward about the whole thing.
The four viruses listen to Shuri's suggestion with bated breath, the Cacty bending until its head was practically touching the ground to confer with its companions. A few seconds later, the four of them all turn to the Navi as one and nod, already showing obvious enthusiasm. One of the Metools waddles up and nuzzles against Shuri's leg for a moment before scampering back to its friends to prepare for warping; it would appear Shuri has made a few friends today!
...Wait, what? Did they just agree to that? It actually took Shuri a moment to process that, but after shaking it off, she started setting up the preparations. The coordinates you needed to send the viruses to...input. Viruses, ready, willing and able. All set. "I'll make sure to come see you guys when the place opens, all right?" And with a snap of her fingers, the Mettaur and Cactikill were gone. "...Hmm. Didn't see that coming."

"Thanks for asking them, Shuri. I knew we'd find some viruses that wanted a peaceful life eventually!"

"Just following orders. ...Does that mean I can stop asking?"

"Of course not! Now that we know there are some that'll say yes, we have to ask whenever we can!"

"...That's about what I thought. Well, now that I've done my good deed for the day, I'm jacking out. Assuming, of course, that Shurimpy's okay now."

Naomi looked at her PET screen, noticing the shrimp was happily floating around, probably eagerly awaiting its master. "Looks fine to me, so head on back!"

With a silent nod, Shuri vanished from the Net, and returned to her place of origin.

(JACKING OUT)