Ducked Tape?

ShamanMan progressed through ACDC Net slowly, entourage in tow. With such a group, it didn't take long for some hostile viruses to approach. ShamanMan immediately took point and prepared for battle, making sure to display his good side. Two flaming-fisted viruses floated in front, already having painstakingly pushed up two CannonDumbs to support them. Looking at the second turret, it was evident that the heavy virus had collapsed the floor while being pushed over it, leaving a solitary hole behind it.

It probably would have been more practical to get them while they were pushing, but practicality and good ratings were two things that didn't mesh.

VIRUSES:
ChampuA: 60 HP
ChampuB: 60 HP
CannonDumbA: 50 HP
CannonDumbB: 50 HP

TERRAIN:
90% Normal
9% Cracked (Behind CannonDumbs)
1% Broken (Behind CannonDumbB)

NAVI:
ShamanMan.EXE: 140 HP

BATTLE 2 START!
The director Navi looked over the situation, deciding that it was sufficient to their purpose, and began pointing at the others to get things ready. Lights, camera...and, of course..."Aaaand...action!"

"As you can see, we've found two new types of viruses. Canodumb have been said to be around from the very beginning, much like Mettaur, but around 38 years ago, their numbers began to severely dwindle. Over time, however, their numbers multiplied again, and presently it is severely unlikely that such a thing will happen again. There is also a very similar virus called CannonGuard, which behaves very similarly to Canodumb, but at this time a direct relation has yet to be found. They are very simple type of virus, and simply lock onto their targets, then shoot them with their cannons."

"The other type is Champy, which, while still old, has only been documented to exist for approximately 37 years. They are very aggressive, and attack by quickly moving in and striking with a pair of fiery punches. If encountered over grass, or if the Navi is a Wood elemental, caution should be exercised, as they will do additional damage under either circumstance." A translucent ball of pink jelly began to form between ShamanMan's arms, which was soon sent skyward. He seemed to be reciting a brief incantation, but it was said so softly that even the microphone couldn't quite catch it. "However, because of their fire-based nature, they themselves are vulnerable to water and ice based attacks...like so." The strange jelly, while still high above the battlefield, split into three, growing beady eyes, mouths, and stubby arms. Each blob then fell from the ether, each intending to serve as gel-based meteors to land and smash the boxer viruses...aside from one, which elected to squash a cannon with its...jellyness. Upon landing, regardless of whether it actually hit its mark, each sentient mass flattened on the ground, reformed, and raised their extremely short arms in triumph at a perfect...three point landing? It was difficult to tell how many points something like that yielded...regardless, they vanished afterward.

"Now, let us cover the Champy's attacks in greater detail." After some more extremely quiet chanting, a semi-transparent Champy appeared in front of the battling Navi. It turned around, waving at its summoner, apparently knowing him from somewhere. [size0]"Hmm, who knew I'd summon the same one yet again...[/size] Now, this Champy is allied to me. It will fight on my behalf. Watch, as it commences its attack." The flaming virus ghost raised its fist, as if to say, 'Yep, those guys are in for it now!', then turned towards the Canodumb, and...vanished? It reappeared in front of the green cannon, fully reared back, and used this positioning to perform a powerful jab. "Note how it teleports up to its intended target already wound up. This enables it to perform a quick, yet strong, punch. It can then use its momentum to deliver a second punch if it so chooses. However, this will not be occuring here..." The Champy spirit revanished, and once more came into re-existence in front of the other Canodumb, which it re-performed its fist based action on. Naturally, it rejoiced at its double attack, before fading away from the fight.

[Order of Turn:
1-MetaGel2 chip attack on ChampuA, ChampuB, and CannondumbA (130, Aqua, B, Slow)
2-FireHit1 chip attack on CannondumbB (60, Fire, A, Impact)
3-FireHit1 chip attack on CannondumbA (60, Fire, A, Impact)]
Finding what seemed to be the best place to set the stage, ShamanMan did just that, and proceeded to explain in detail his vast knowledge of the viruses and their backgrounds, and all while attempting to set up attacks that would quickly strike them down.

Sadly that wasn't the case, as those jellies began to fall, the lure of being on camera seemed to cause two of them to completely miss their marks, and luckily the third seemed far more competent and still managed to smash down atop the cannon virus, smashing it to bits.

Such attacks were followed up by summoning the odd little Champu virus to fight for him, which quickly teleported ahead, and while its original target had been destroyed, just as it appeared, so did another Champu. Seems as though one of those viruses thought it could show its stuff by striking down the other boxer. But its own fiery punches were just no match and it was easily destroyed. Only to be followed after by the second cannon as ShamanMan's boxer cleaned its clock. Leaving one last fighter to contend with, but it seemed to dislike being on camera suddenly, and charged the director, giving the navi 2 swift punches(-10,-10) before porting back to its former place, looking less than thrilled about having to fight for an audience.

Enemies
Champu A: 60HP
Champu B: Deleted
Cannondumb A: Deleted
Cannondumb B: Deleted

Terrain
90% Normal
9% Cracked (Behind Cannondumbs)
1% Broken (Behind Cannondumb B)

Ally
ShamanMan.EXE: 120HP
Despite taking a pair of punches to the...somewhere...ShamanMan made no motions, apparently deciding standing around and taking it in the hopes he'd be mistaken for a statue or something was the best defensive measure. Granted, it was a bit deeper than that, but most would have to wonder about the lack of evasion or shielding..."As you could see, that is a combo punch from a Champy. By itself, a single Champy is not a particularly dangerous virus. However, between its warping and rapid punching ability, a group can be tricky for inexperienced Navis. Of course, there are ways to bypass that..." The Navi raised his arms, pointing them towards the fiery fighter, and began to recite an incantation, this one oddly being quite audible despite the silence of the others. "Inaweza haya moto kuongoza wewe...kwa dunia ya kusinzia!" An eerie aura covered his hands, then shot as a fireball-like projectile from them towards the Champy, hopefully covering it in harmful, yet somehow soothing spiritual energy.

Without another word, the mystical Navi began to utter more words, choosing to return to the path of quiet, possibly to avoid disturbing any nappers in the area. In response, a translucent Teddy appeared, who promptly leaned back and roared...bizarrely, however, no noise was heard. With ShamanMan offering no explanation for the time being, the bear virus raced towards the last remaining living virus, and tore at it with its large claws, wanting to do nothing more than send it to the plane of existence it permanently resided at...

[Order of Turn:
1-Tranquil Magic sig attack on ChampuA (30, Sleep, Self-Slow)
2-RageClaw1 chip attack on ChampuA (40, B, Slashing)
3-RageClaw1 chip attack on ChampuA (40, B, Slashing)]
The lone Champu was determined to fight the battle with everything it had. He knew that it was a lost battle, but it was going to go out in blaze of glory!... Or so it hoped. Before it realized, a fireball crashed against its body, causing both pain and drowsiness to surge over the virus.

Without throwing another punch, the Champu quickly slipped into slumber...only to be deleted promptly in its vulnerable state!

How low, but so effective!

Champu A: 60HP
Champu B: Deleted
Cannondumb A: Deleted
Cannondumb B: Deleted

Terrain:
90% Normal
9% Cracked (Behind Cannondumbs)
1% Broken (Behind Cannondumb B)

ShamanMan.EXE: 120HP

-ENEMY DELETED!-
400z
With the other Champy sufficiently shredded, the Teddy let off a victorious snarl, which, this time, was heard by all in the area. Displeased that was nothing of its kind to claw, it vanished. "As you can see, if one must fight viruses, statuses can be highly useful. They can ensure that you needn't fight them at full power, giving you the upper hand. That spell put the Champy to sleep, making it unable to do anything. However, a Teddy's boisterous nature could certainly awaken it, so I temporarily muted it to prevent that from happening. After all, while powerful, statuses often have some method of ending prematurely...but alas, this is not a show about NetBattling, so I will say no more. So, shall we move on?"

"And, cut!" The camera Navi took a few steps forward, looking around. "I think we could use a quick break! Just a minute or two, but yeah." The others looked around, nodding in agreement.

"Ah, I imagine the first battle's memories are still lingering in your hearts. I can't say I blame you, as I wasn't entirely expecting it myself...very well. A short break, then we will resume."

"Seems your summoning ability's as crackerjack as ever!" Now that there was no need to remain quiet on the set, Horatio elected that now was a good time to chew some fat with his Navi. "A shame we haven't obtained any viruses for the zoo yet..."

"It is to be expected. After all, I've only located two groups thus far, and truth be told, I anticipate little outside assistance in the matter."

"Indeed...also, is there any way you can try...avoiding attacks, or anything? You're taking little damage now, but odds are it'll add up rather quickly..."

"You know my movement ability is...limited, at best. I certainly cannot skillfully evade whatever is thrown at me, like most Navis. I suppose I could always summon a Mettaur to help defend, though. Of course, even that won't work on all attacks..."

"Of course. I suppose I'm just asking not to take any foolish risks. No ratings are worth your deletion!"

"...Indeed. However, based on the options available to me, the best defense is a good offense, as the saying goes. After all, only one virus managed to withstand my assault and return the favor, did it not?"

"Quite true, quite true!...I suppose in a way, this is me returning the favor of you always warning me on shoots, eh?"

"I suppose it is." The mystical Navi looked around, making sure that none of the crew Navis were doing anything indisposing. "Are we set to proceed?"

"Sure!" "I guess..." "Good to go!" "Action time!"

"Then without further ado, let us go!" Fortunately, since ShamanMan moved so slowly, the other Navis were able to gear up and follow him with little rush. And knowing that, he was able to keep an eye or two out for viruses, knowing that his full search speed would in no way hinder the others.

(Searching for Battle #3)
ShamanMan moved on in search for more viruses, and viruses he found... Along with few dings and cracks. The field was slightly beaten up and broken by the rampaging Powies and Beetanks, attacking and vandalizing the network without a care in the world. However, they put a stop to their fun when they realized they had something funner to play with, ShamanMan and his TV crew to be specific!

...And by some miracle, a shard of mystery data managed to stay intact among all the chaos and destruction!

PowieA: 60 HP
PowieB: 60 HP
BeetankA: 80 HP
BeetankB: 80 HP

GMD: 20 HP

Terrain:
70% Normal
30% Cracked [Scattered, but obvious]

ShamanMan.EXE: 120 HP

-BATTLE THREE, START!-
Ah, another group of viruses. Unfortunately, none of them seemed to be willing to lend him an ear, or anything other than high levels of pain. At least they were types he'd yet to cover. "Is everything all set?"

"Whenever you're ready!"

"Seems I've run into a couple of new viruses. The gray viruses are called Powie. They somewhat resemble weights, as you can see, which they utilize to attack attack. They leap into the air, enlarge themselves, and drop onto their target. It's not the strongest of attacks, but their attacks can cause the ground to crumble. As for the insect-resembling viruses, those are Beetank. They attack by launching bombs from their horn-cannons. Depending on the level of the virus, their explosives can have various effects. Ironically, regular Beetank bombs can create cracks in the ground, just like Powie. Suffice it to say that when the two combine forces, only an exceedingly light Navi, or one gifted with flight, can safely ignore the ground below them. Perhaps for this very reason, the two will commonly associate with each other to compound their ability for Net destruction."

"To combat either is not a difficult task, but when combined, it is advisable to watch your step. Ideally, you shall always be on the move, but not recklessly so, as that will surely result in a long fall. Unfortuately, I have difficulty moving quickly, so I will be unable to demonstrate my words..." ShamanMan raised his arms, the ends of which began to slightly glow blue. "Viumbe wa maji, zama mafisadi!" The attack proved to be slightly less blue, as a trio of Slimer viruses descended from the heavens, each all set to squash a targeted lesser virus. Naturally, three 'splats' could be heard in rapid succession as they landed, regardless of whether or not they actually managed their seemingly simple task. The sound doubled as a notice of their departure, as they each vanished almost instantly after landing. viumbe wa maji, "...You will probably notice me using that attack frequently. I apologize in advance for the lack of variety, but it is best to not fool around with viruses, regardless of the threat they may or may not impose, and that is far and away my most effective attack."

Now, ideally, there was only a single enemy left. And while he COULD theoretically destroy it now, it would serve the program better if he didn't, and instead explained something else. With this in mind, he pointed his arms at the previously untargeted Powie, causing twin balls of blue fire to appear in front of them. "Kuanguka katika usingizi, ili kufariki yako itakuwa bila maumivu!" The pair of orbs both sped forward, and despite their appearance, brought not the agony of flame, but an odd, deep relaxation...

Keeping his voice down, the mystical Navi recited a third incantation that was too low to be heard, causing a Mettaur to appear in front of him. It did not attack, but instead stood there, seemingly waiting for something. "Oddly, there are some BattleChips that stray from their source virus, such as Guard. Whereas a regular Mettaur can only defend with their helmets, Guard not only does that, but deflects the damage back to the original attacker. To this day, no one knows exactly why this occurs..."

[Order of Turn:
1-MetaGel2 chip attack on BeetankA, BeetankB, and PowieB (130, Aqua, B, Slow)
2-Tranquil Magic sig attack on PowieA (30, Sleep)
2a-Debuff subtype ability on PowieA (next 11 damage dealt by target is negated) (Debuff Source: Buff)
3-Guard1 chip on ShamanMan (60-, S, reflects back one attack)]
The Beetanks shot forward towards the Navi as he summoned a few MetaGels above them. Wet smacking sounds added to the roar of engines as they fell around the viruses. Unfortunately, only one managed to fall on a virus, crushing one of the paper dolls beneath a mound of slimy goo. Converting one of the Powies to street pizza.

The next Powie was hit by the next two incantations uttered by ShamanMan, binding its data in arcane matrices and putting it to sleep. But the Beetanks came on, unhindered. Their cannons cranked down to draw a bead on ShamanMan, and fired.

Their bombs fell upon the Navi, still rooted to his casting spot, and exploded behind him. First one, then the other detonated on the Navi, burning some of his clothing and skin. The ground also buckled beneath the Navi, quickly becoming too weak to support his weight.

ShamanMan and the Metool plunged into the pit that crumbled beneath him.

PowieA: 30 HP (Sleep; Debuff -11)
PowieB: DELETED
BeetankA: 80 HP
BeetankB: 80 HP

Terrain:
60% Normal
35% Cracked [Scattered, but obvious]
5% Broken

ShamanMan.EXE: 80 HP (Guard1) [Broken]
Despite being singed and sent down into the abyss, ShamanMan oddly seemed no worse for wear, aside from the number indicating his health. He looked up at the opening above him, noting that the cameraman was still getting footage of him. "As you can see, I am incapable of flight, nor was I quite light enough to stand atop the cracked panel. Thus, I fell into this pit. Worry not, however, for the panel above me will not reform until I somehow exit."

With that, he looked down, noting the Mettaur spirit had fallen down with him. "Are you well, little spirit?" Though clearly a bit dazed, the virus ghost jumped up and down, to let its summoner know that it was still good to go. "Excellent. Unfortunately, my means to return to the surface are extremely limited, to say the least...you, however, may yet have hope." The Navi raised his hands, causing an odd sparkle next to his helmeted ally as he began to chant. "Inaweza makucha ya haki rarueni hatari mbele yangu!"

A small bear virus suddenly appeared, which immediately growled as it began to look around to unfamiliar surroundings. Upon seeing ShamanMan, however, it calmed down a bit, and focused its gaze on its conjurer. "As you can see, the situation is...less than ideal. Since I myself cannot climb out of here without assistance, I'm depending on you to head up there and destroy as many enemies as you can. One is asleep, so you need not target it just yet." With a nod and a snarl, the Teddy prepared to climb...only for the Mettaur next to it to start talking to it in an incomprehensible language. Whatever it was, it caused the bear to extend a front paw, which the other virus happily jumped on top of. It then proceeded to be flipped atop the Navi's...head, for lack of a better term. He didn't so much as flinch by the development, instead remaining perfectly still, as he was prone to do. "...So, you wish to protect me? I humbly thank you...admittedly, I am a sitting duck against those bombs down here." The helmeted virus proceeded to duck for cover under its most notable feature, leaving the odd impression that ShamanMan was wearing a helmet.

By now, the Teddy spirit was well on its way to the top, its claws being well suited for climbing. Upon reaching the top, it looked around, noting that there were several set Navis, a pair of Beetank, and a sleeping Powie at various points. The decision on what to attack was obvious...since it wasn't a regular virus. With a low growl, the bear raced towards one of the bug viruses with surprising speed, attempting to rend it with a pair of claw swipes in rapid succession. The first slash, however, left an odd purple trail, as ShamanMan had, unknowingly to the recipient, enchanted that claw with a spell that could reduce the power of the virus it chose to victimize first...

[Order of Turn:
1-Have Teddy climb out of Broken panel
1a-Debuff subtype ability on Teddy (aka RageClaw1) (next 11 damage dealt by target is negated) (Debuff Source: Buff)
2-RageClaw1 chip attack on BeetankB (40, B, Slashing)
3-RageClaw1 chip attack on BeetankB (40, B, Slashing)]
The Powie was sleeping, so it didn't act as the Teddy climbed out of the hole and proceeded to charge and slash at one of the Beetanks. The purple energy weakened the Beetank as both retaliated. Only the non-weakened Beetank managed to drop a bomb into the area of broken terrain, to fall right on top of the Navi. The Metool fulfilled its mission in life with an explosion of ethereal light as it sacrificed itself to protect ShamanMan. The blast rebounded back out of the hole and melted the forward stabilizer of the Beetank, causing it to pitch forward slightly. It would take a little time to reorient its remaining stabilizers.

However, all this noise woke up the Powie. It began to flap its paper wings and rise into the air.

PowieA: 30 HP (Debuff -11)
BeetankA: 65 HP
BeetankB: 40 HP (Debuff -11)

Terrain:
60% Normal
5% Broken

ShamanMan.EXE: 80 HP (Guard1: Broken!) (RageClaw1: 4/6) [Broken]
Based on the sound of the ruckus above, ShamanMan was reasonably sure that the summoned Teddy spirit failed to do any deleting. At this point, there was little else he could do, since his lack of a viewpoint made sure that he couldn't comment on what the viruses were doing. He could summon another virus spirit, but that would take time and energy that could be equally well spent by the one already in the current plane of existence. All he could do was stand around and wait...mostly. He did appear to be uttering something extremely softly...

Standing around and waiting, incidentally, was the complete opposite of what the Teddy intended to do. With great fury befitting something that dropped a chip called RageClaw, the bear spirit exchanged targets, and began to slash at the other Beetank, as the Powie was a bit too high for it to realistically attack. Its first attack had the same effect as the other time, possessing the magical ability to weaken the target in a way other than HP loss. Not that it noticed, considering its primary objective was to destroy the beetle-like enemy as quickly as it could muster. Once it felt satisfied in that regard, it would then seek out the other of its kind, and use its claws to rend it into oblivion, which it couldn't do earlier...

[Order of Turn:
0a-Debuff subtype ability on Teddy (aka RageClaw1) (next 11 damage dealt by target is negated) (Debuff Source: Buff)
1-RageClaw1 chip attack on BeetankA (40, B, Slashing)
2-RageClaw1 chip attack on BeetankA (40, B, Slashing)
3-RageClaw1 chip attack on BeetankB (40, B, Slashing)]
Teddy charges in without a moment's hesitation, weakening the first Beetank with his first slash, before completely annihilating it with a second swipe. The Powie began its attack in the meanwhile, crashing down on ShamanMan and dealing... just damage. It probably still hurt though.

Teddy didn't seem to really notice and killed the next Beetank in the meanwhile.

PowieA: 30 HP
BeetankA: DELETED
BeetankB: DELETED

Terrain:
60% Normal
5% Broken

ShamanMan.EXE: 71 HP (RageClaw1: 1/6) [Broken]
Luckily for ShamanMan, the lower floor was unaffected by the crashing weight. It sort of made him wonder why they didn't just make the regular floor out of it...too expensive to be feasible, perhaps? Ah well, it wasn't important now. Based on the Teddy spirit's snarls of triumph up on top, it probably managed better success with that last round. And while he still couldn't do much at the moment, he could now, however, prepare for when he could. He leaned back as far as he could, which wasn't that much, but enough that with some effort he could straight up, and raised his arms. A mysterious blue fire formed around his hands, as he charged them with magical energy. If that Powie tried to attack him again, he had a nasty surprise for it...

Meanwhile, the virus spirit appeared to be slumping slightly, feeling a bit sluggish as it ran low on energy. But it still had enough to go out with a bang, and rushed the last virus claws ready to tear it up once and for all. After a particularly vicious slash, however, it faded from the plane of existence, having completely exhausted its reserves in the name of destruction...

[Order of Turn:
1-RageClaw1 chip attack on PowieA (40, B, Slashing)
2-Wait for PowieA to start its attack
3-Tranquil Magic sig attack on PowieA (30, Sleep, Self-Slow)]
With relatively little effort, the Teddy lashed out at the Powie virus, deleting it in one foul swoop before disappearing entirely.

Well that was that.

PowieA: DELETED
BeetankA: DELETED
BeetankB: DELETED

GMD: OPEN

Terrain:
60% Normal
5% Broken

ShamanMan.EXE: 71 HP

-VICTORY-
GET: 400z
GMD: FireKnife
...So, it was over. ShamanMan could sense the final virus ceasing to exist, and the subsequent departure of the Teddy spirit. He was relieved that he wouldn't be harmed again, but at the same time...it was a shame that he had only encountered viruses bent on blind destruction, and those Mettaur that refused to be transported. He knew his quest wouldn't be easy, but it was still a little disheartening to find nothing on the first try. Ah well, perhaps he'd have success another time. "And so, another battle ends...an endless cycle, we Navis must engage in. But as long as malicious viruses exist, we must and shall fight. ...On the plus side, that battle showcased the abilities of Powie and Beetank rather well. It is my sincere hope that someone learned something! I know I did..." The witch doctor Navi looked around, then up. "...My spiritual ability is great, but my physical skills are lacking, to say the least. Can anyone help me out?"

The cameraman Navi looked down, still filming the scene. "Uh, we kinda didn't bring any of the extra gear...we didn't think we'd need it!"

"You fool! One can never be overprepared!...But it cannot be helped now. I wished to proceed, but since I cannot escape this pit, we shall have to call it an early end. Well, everyone out there, it seems we must part for now. Please, take to heart what I have imparted. And with that...back to you, Horatio!"

"And that's a wrap! Heh, I bet editing's gonna have fun with this one! Can't wait to see the finished product!" One by one, streaks of light represented the various crew Navis exiting the Net, their job finished.

"Mmm...I'm curious as to how they edit it, myself. But that is of little consequence at the moment..."

"Good to see you're still chipper after taking that many blows! For a moment I was a bit worried!"

"I can understand why. A shame that I cannot move faster. Fortunately, I need not speed for this!" ShamanMan waved his right arm, causing the money data dropped by the viruses to head for his operator's PET. A second wave opened the green crystal, which decoded into a BattleChip to be sent. "...I sense a very faint virus signal in that BattleChip data. Can it even be used to summon viruses...?"

"Unlikely, I'm afraid. The picture is just that of a flaming short sword. It's called FireKnife."

"FireKnife...a BattleChip tied to the Swordy with fiery hearts. It may not have a picture of a virus, but it may be possible to create a Swordy-F with it. I shall need to investigate when I return. Are you ready to accept me once more?"

"Ready, willing, and able!"

"Then I shall depart at once!" And so he did, vanishing from the Net without a trace.