The Virtual Suburbs

[Polite and humble e-bump.]
Zetaman continued on through ACDC Net. There wasn't much around anymore, he'd covered quite some distance. Soon enough he came across a few off color viruses minding their own business in a run-down part of the area. The Navi wasn't exactly being stealthy, and the viruses sighted him before he could get too close. Before him now stood several different looking Bunny viruses and a Met. They didn't seem too hostile, but it was hard to tell with these guys.

BunnyEXA: 60HP
BunnyEXB: 60HP
BuunyEXC: 60HP
Metool: 40HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Zetaman: 70HP

Battle 6 Start!
Zetaman looked at the strange Bunny virii and slowly walked around them, watching their movements and how they looked back at him. "Okay Vita..." He whispered, making sure not to shock virii or anything. "These guys look pretty calm... I think we can take them out before they even get a chance to hit back." He explained, picking out his hands for attacks.

"I refuse." Vita replied, turning away from the PET.

"What?" Zetaman asked, stopping.

"Look at them, Zeddy! They're just hanging around, minding their own business. Plus the Bunny Virus is... Well, they're pretty cute." She said wistfully. "Maybe I could... I dunno, train one of them? That'd be really helpful, wouldn't it?" She asked hopefully.

"Vita... That is the dumbest idea you've ever had. Now send me something and we'll move on from this." Zetaman replied, annoyed.

"Maybe if I made them a really nice PET attachment to hang around in, they could-"

"VITA!"

"Yipe!" Vita squeaked, hitting some buttons to send in random chip data. "I can't watch!"

"Finally." Zetaman said, almost exhausted from the conversation. He lined up the enemies as well as he could and suddenly slammed his fists into the ground, sending up a wave of energy as he activated a Shockwave chip. He rolled away from the wave of the attack as another chip came in quickly, his buster charging with the sound of energy. He re-positioned himself after the effects of the shock and blasted off a shotgun burst of energy. Once his attacks were through, he quickly sped around his targets, hoping to stay away from their linear attacks.

Actions
1: Shockwave Battle Chip: BunnyEXA, any others behind (40 + Line + Piercing + Ground)
2: Shotgun Battle Chip: BunnyB, Metool (50 + Spread 1)
3: Dodge
Zetaman sprung into action, not being one for pacifism and sent a Shockwave right at the first Bunny.

This really ticked them off. The Bunnys started charging electrical-energy in their plug-like ears while Zetaman fired off a shot that blew up the second bunny and Metool, but especially the Metool.

Three zaprings came at once. One was lucky enough to miss, one was lucky enough to be dodged, but the third sent a stunning shock through his body. He felt very vulnerable at this point and the Bunnys hopped closer and closer...

BunnyEXA: 20HP
BunnyEXB: 10HP
BuunyEXC: 60HP
Metool: DELETED

Zetaman: 30HP (Stun! -1 Action)
"ZETA!" Vita called out, checking out his statistics as he suddenly froze up from the shock and let out a cry of pain. "Damnit, I told you not to attack them! Come on, get up, you can back away from them and maybe they'll forget it?" She asked, pleadingly.

"No Vita, when you fight a virus..." He started, getting back up to his feet. "No, when you see a virus, you fight it. That's the point of busting." He told her, bringing up his buster.

"Damnit, Zed..." Vita said, biting her lower lip. "Who do you think you're impressing, you bastard." She added, slowly going through some of the chips that they had. She frowned and loaded up a couple of them, then turned away. She loaded them up and sighed. "Fine, here's some chips. Just... Just get it over with."

"I got you." Zetaman replied, staring to move quickly to the side. He suddenly froze up from the electrical damage coursing through him and stopped, activating the first chip in his hand. He glared at the third Bunny, probably the one that had struck him with the shock ring in the first place. He twisted, throwing a ball-shaped cactus plant quickly at him, then regained the remainder of his mobility and started to move more readily once more.

Zetaman's movements were in front of the other two Bunnies, baiting at least one of them to attack. He brought his arm up and activated his next chip, causing a barrier shield to erupt in front of his arm, ready to send back any attack that came at him.

Actions
1: Argh, Stun!
2: Cactball1 Battle Chip: BunnyEXC (20 x 2-4 Hits Wood Damage + Ground)
3: Guard1: (Reflects attack, returning at most 60 damage)
The third Bunny seemed to have been expecting a counterattack. When Zetaman threw the CactBall at the virus it realized just how much trouble it was in and hopped to the side to avoid the attack. The cluster of rolling prickly cacti all missed...except for one that the Bunny just couldn't make it past and got smacked by in midair. That threw it off balance.

The other two Bunny viruses hopped forward with barely visible rage and whipped rings of electricity at Zetaman. He put up his Guard just in time, sending one ring flying back at its source. At the speed it was moving, the Bunny couldn't dodge and took the attack head on. The other ring missed Zetaman entirely.

BunnyEXA: 20HP
BunnyEXB: DELETED
BuunyEXC: 20HP

Zetaman: 30HP
"Geez, these guys are a lot tougher than any of the other guys have been." Zetaman pointed out, carefully watching the Bunny virii. "We're running low, aren't we Vita?" He asked, widening his stance, ready to dodge an incoming projectile.

"I know. You shouldn't have picked this fight, is all I'm saying." Vita told him, loading up a chip for her navi to use. "We're really running low, Zed. Be careful, okay?" She told him, leaning back against the phone booth in real life and letting out a sigh.

"Careful? No time for careful anymore." Zetaman said, activating the chip as his hand turned into a massive clawed paw. Before the transformation was even done, he had leaped forward at one of the Bunny virii and slashed out with the claws. The bladed uppercut caused his spine to tingle from the shock he had received earlier, but he merely gritted his teeth and turned to the second one. He jumped back towards the second Bunny and kept his claw raised from the last slash, slamming the paw downwards onto his foe.

[Conditional Action]
Seeing one of his opponents still standing, he bent his legs and kicked off the ground, moving for almost a full on tackle. As he approached, he stabbed forward with his claw and tried to run his opponent right through.

Actions
1: RageClaw Battle Chip: BunnyEXA (40 + Slashing)
2: RageClaw Battle Chip: BunnyEXC (20 + Impact)
3: [Conditional: Virus remains] RageClaw Battle Chip: [Remaining BunnyEX] (40 + Slashing)
With a quick slash and a pounce, the Bunnies found themselves deleted before ZetaMan and left some sum of money for the navi!

BunnyEXA: DELETED
BunnyEXB: DELETED
BuunyEXC: DELETED

Zetaman: 30HP

-BATTLE WON!-
450z
"Geez." Zetaman said, leaning over as the battleground cleared of the virii and his buster turned to normal. Even though he had no reason to, he was trying to catch his breath and most of all calm himself down. The battle had been pretty tough, but he had still made it through. Well, it certainly wasn't done along either. "Thanks, Vita. I know you didn't want to fight them."

"You were really risking things there, Zed!" Vita pointed out, almost getting angry. She sighed and calmed herself, then brought up some of her subchips. "Here, use this. It's not much, and its the last one we have." She told him, activating a MiniEnergyPack on the Navi.

Mini Energy Pack used on Zetaman. 50 HP recovered.
Zetaman: 80 HP remaining.

"I'm going to go grab some more at the store across the way, Zed." Vita said, pretty exhausted from arguing. She stood up and went to disconnect the PET when Zetaman suddenly beeped at her.

"Vita, if this has to do with those last Virii-" He started, Vita rolling her eyes.

"I'll be right back. Try not to pick any more fights while I'm gone, okay?" Vita asked, disconnecting the PET and leaving Zetaman stuck in ACDC Net without her support. He growled and looked around. Well, after coming so far into the Net, he had pretty much hit the very back of it. He might as well double-back and try a different path or something. Going back the way he came, he took the moment of silence separated from his NetOp to relax a bit.

[Battle Seven Welcome]
With his operator disconnected from him, Zetaman had an actual chance for relaxation. The Navi walked back from where he came, but then, the ground felt as if it was unnatural, different from the normal network paneling always present in the ACDC area. A look downwards revealed a most unwelcome sight: a mine, slightly protruding from the ground. He had his foot on the metal casing around the small, innocent-looking trigger button in the middle, which was flashing a dim red.

Then, a figure began to pop up from the ground around Zetaman, looking slightly angered by the intrusion. Clad in a large cloak that hid its face, the figure held some round objects in its hands. Closer inspection would reveal them to be more mines. The virus muttered viral curses as it looked around for allies. Some did join the loner, as a group of five rabbits gathered around the larger cloaked virus. They seemed to look up to the larger one, chattering around it happily.

Seemed a shame to disturb them, really.

Miner: 100HP
BunnyA: 50HP
BunnyB: 50HP
BunnyC: 50HP
BunnyD: 50HP
BunnyE: 50HP

Terrain: 99% Normal, 1% Mine

Zetaman.EXE: 80HP (Standing on part of Mine, and should probably get off sometime soon)

-BATTLE SEVEN, START!!-
Zetaman looked at the mine that he had stepped on, then slowly moved his gaze up to the mine-laying virus. He narrowed his eyes and stepped backwards, luckily not having landed on the mine in the first place, and began to move slowly away from them. It would figure that right after he had finished taking down a group of virii he would end up having to play the passive role. "Damnit Vita, of all the times for you to wander off..." He commented.

He wasn't sure if the Virii were onto him yet, or were aggressive enough to attack. On the other hand, who expected a polite virus on the nets? He immediately started some fancy footwork, though he tried to remain subtle enough to not make himself look like an aggressor. He jumped back and to one side, and then zagged into the opposite direction, moving further back. At a comfortable range, he started to charge up his buster for his Bolt Towers, needing time to focus the energy.

Actions
1: Dodge
2: Dodge
3: Charge time on Bolt Towers Signature Attack
The Bunnies tried to defend their 'guardian' of sorts by firing numerous rings of electricity towards Zetaman, only to have them dodged effortlessly. The Miner simply opted to dive underground and popped up someplace else, placing mines in the general area. Then, the Miner resumed its position in the middle of the Bunnies. Meanwhile, Zetaman prepared his Bolt Towers, ready for immediate use.

BunnyA: 50HP
BunnyB: 50HP
BunnyE: 50HP

Terrain: 99% Normal, 5% Mine

Zetaman.EXE: 80HP [Bolt Towers: Ready!]
Zetaman took a look at the position of all the virii, the Bunny ones still doing what they could to defend their 'leader', if you could call it that. He had to walk carefully, stepping slowly to the side. He wasn't just preparing to run or dodge, but he was carefully checking the angles, figuring out where he could drop his attack so it would be most effective. Once he had locked onto his best option, he picked up speed and raised his buster, the charge of energy blasting to the peak of his weapon. He launched a blast into the air that formed into three electric pillars and dropped back down onto the battlefield.

Zetaman continued to move, quickly checking the ground below for signs of a mine, and then leaping forward to roll out of the way of an incoming attack. Not only did he plan to dodge, but his movements brought him behind his nearest Bolt Tower. He reached towards the pillar and coding began to spiral around it as he reinforced the blockade between himself and the virii.

Actions
1: Take Aim
2: Signature Attack Bolt Towers: BunnyA, BunnyB, nearby (Summons 3 10 HP Pillars, deal 30 Electric Damage on Contact)
3: Dodge
X: Masterwork on blocking Bolt Tower. +21 HP.
Zetaman quickly took the chance to unleash his Bolt Towers attack, zapping a few bunnies that were targeting him. The bunnies decided to retaliate by firing a few zappers, one hitting the tower in front of Zetaman, and the others missing. The Miner simply did what it did best: lay more mines.

BunnyA: 20HP
BunnyB: 20HP
BunnyE: 20HP

Terrain: 90% Normal, 10% Mine

Zetaman.EXE: 80HP
Bolt TowerA: 11HP
Bolt TowerB: 10HP
Bolt TowerC: 10HP
"Hey Zeddy. Oh man, you should have seen the store. This one guy was asleep, so this little Navi showed up and helped me out..." Vita suddenly said, her voice cutting in and disrupting Zetaman's stream of thought. He jolted, almost surprised, and opened his mouth to yell at her. "Then this robotic hand came out and gave me energy packs. Oh, I got a couple, and a bigger one just in case." She added, flipping through the data. "What are you doing?"

"Godamnit! I'm fighting Virii and under fire and you come in to tell me how much fun shopping was?!" Zetaman yelled at her, peeking around the corner to check out to see what his enemies were doing. That damned Miner was placing mines every moment, and he wasn't sure how much of the stage had been trapped by this point. At least he had the pillar blocking the way for now... "Send some chips, we'll discuss how dense you are later!"

"Geez, grouchy much? Fine, I'll send a couple of your favorites in. Use them well." Vita said, loading in a couple chips and sending the data. Zetaman carefully leaned out from the side of his discharged Bolt Tower and looked at the Bunny army and the Miner. He raised his buster and picked his targets, firing off a shotgun blast of energy that would ping off his main target. Hiding back behind the pillar, he snuck to the other side and charged his fists with his next chip. He smashed his fist in near the pillar, shooting a wave of energy past the pillar and towards the troops. It could take out lots of them, but his main target was the one in the middle.

Actions
1: Take Aim
2: Shotgun Battle Chip: BunnyC + BunnyD (50 Damage + Spread 1)
3: Shockwave Battle Chip: Miner + Any Bunny in way (40 Damage + Piercing + Line + Ground)
((Please state which attack Take Aim goes to next time.))

Zetaman quickly let off a shotgun shot towards a couple of bunnies, deleting them in a fast moment. The bunnies were about to retaliate when he smashed his fist into the floor, sending a shockwave towards the Miner! Two Bunnies leapt in to try and save the Miner, but were deleted in their attempt. The Miner whimpered in sadness, but continued to fight as it dove under the ground and laid yet even MORE mines! Then, it came up in front of the last remaining Bunny, trying to protect it. The Bunny managed to launch a speeding ring of electricity towards Zetaman, but only hit the pillar instead, destroying it.

Miner: 60HP
BunnyA: DELETED
BunnyB: DELETED
BunnyC: DELETED
BunnyD: DELETED
BunnyE: 20HP

Terrain: 85% Normal, 15% Mine

Zetaman.EXE: 80HP
Bolt TowerB: 10HP
"Keep them coming, Vita." Zetaman ordered, seeing his defensive wall break as the Bunny attacks continued to come in. He had his next attack load up and his buster widened and transformed into a large cannon. He leveled it at the last Bunny and smiled as he blasted off a burst of energy at the critter virus. He skidded into the ground to stop himself from being thrust backwards into possibly dangerous territory. The second chip loaded up and he found himself staring at the familiar green cactus ball that he was finding more and more often in his chip layout. "Vita, I..." He started, rolling his eyes and stopping. He tossed the ball at the Miner, rolling it along the ground towards him.

Zetaman started moving again, rolling towards his next nearest bolt tower, just in case there were more attacks incoming. He rolled to a stop behind it and then go quickly to his feet, using his skills and a data wave to reinforced the tower.

Actions
1: Cannon Battle Chip: BunnyE (40 Damage + Knockback)
2: Cactball1 Battle Chip: Miner (20 Wood Damage x 2-4 Hits + Ground)
3: Dodge (Behind Bolt Tower B)
X: Reinforce: Bolt Tower B (+21 HP)
The Miner disappears underground again to put some more MINES. Zetaman finishes off the last Bunny with the Cannon. Now it's just between the Miner and him...

Suddenly, he felt the ground shake up beneath him. A very alarming beeping sound was repeating itself over and over. A look down did not make him happy.

Oshi- BOOM! The mine exploded with incredible ferocity, damaging Zetaman for quite the amount of damage! (50) Then, the Navi fired the Cactball attack at the Miner, which just had under the right amount of power to destroy it. There could be heard a chuckle from the Miner's direction, its satisfaction at having hit Zetaman quite apparent.

Miner: 20HP
BunnyE: DELETED

Zetaman.EXE: 30HP
Bolt TowerB: 31HP
"Shit, shit, shit." Zetaman said, pulling himself up off the ground and wincing at the pain. He wasn't quite dead, but at the same time he wasn't happy to have taken such a hit. He took a moment to compose himself, and contemplate his bad luck. Not only had he stepped on a mine after being so careful, but that damned cactus ball couldn't have hit just one more time to end the fight. He looked to the blockade he had available and grinned a bit. "Send the claw chip, Vita."

"Zed, shouldn't we... Geez, you're always getting yourself hurt." She told him, sighing and loading up the chip. "Fine, there you go. I hope you have a plan. There's mines, after all."

Zetaman transformed his hand into the massive claw and grasped it lightly around his Bolt Tower. Checked his target carefully, then launched the massive spear towards his enemy.

Actions

1: Take aim with throw
2: RageClaw Battle Chip: Throwing Bolt TowerB at Miner

[Bolt Towers is now cooled down]
WHOMP. Quick and easy, Zetaman made the Miner go splat as he threw one of the Towers towards the Miner.

Miner: DELETED
BunnyE: DELETED

Zetaman.EXE: 30HP

Battle 7 - Victory!!
Rewards: [ZapRing1] Battlechip, 400z