The Virtual Suburbs

Zetaman appeared in a pillar of light right out of the phone's system into the ACDC Net. The Navi stretched his arms a little and twisted his wrist, checking his buster and making sure that he was looking in good order. He then sighed, displeased with his current appearance and level of power. There wasn't very much around at the movement, so he began to stroll slowly forward through the simple network.

"Zetaman, how does it look in there? You're not under attack or something, are you?" Vita called down to him, the Navi heaving a sigh at the sound of her voice. "Come on Zed, you can't just block me out now that you're mobile."

"I'm fine, Vita." Zetaman replied, walking slowly and enjoying his freedom from the stuffy PET and the constant music that his operator was always blasting through the device. There was a sudden blast of said noise that caused him to grumble loudly, even as it ended.

"Sorry!" Vita apologized. "I was trying to see if I could.. You know, play something while you're out. Guess I need to work on that too." Her nervous laughter was cut short as she noticed something on the other end. "Zed, I've got something coming in."

"Virii." Zetaman said, sighting them on his own and grinning. "It's about time I get to see some action in this town." He added, raising his buster-arm for combat.

[Battle One Welcome]
And so Zetaman found some little monsters to play around with, a few helmeted construction-worker-type viruses. In other words, little Metools. Aw, so cute, with their lil' pickaxes whirling around~

MetoolA: 40HP
MetoolB: 40HP
MetoolC: 40HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Zetaman.EXE: 100HP

-INTRO BATTLE, FIGHT!!-
"Awww, what are those little guys?" Vita asked, obviously have seen the little virii from her PET. If he wasn't in the middle of battle, Zetaman would have run his hand over his face in disgust. "They have cute little pick-axes and little helmets... Zed, are they some kind of mining programs?" Vita asked again, Zetaman responding by strafing around the battlefield so he could line up her opponents.

"It's a virus, not a miner!" Zetaman yelled back at her. "Just load something so I can get to deleting!" He added, waiting for some kind of response.

"Okay, okay, I'm loading some stuff up to you then." Vita called back, loading up a chip. Zetaman's buster changed shape slightly as he loaded the Shotgun chip and took aim.

"Come on.." He said quietly, waiting for his opponents to position themselves well enough for him to make his weapon most effective.

"Zed? Are you gonna shoot?" Vita asked, disrupting the silence of the focused scene.

"I'm waiting for... Damnit, just shut up and watch, Vita!" Zetaman replied, finding what looked like his best opportunity and letting the shot off at the little creatures. "Load something else up now."

"Okay, okay... Lemme see..."

"I'm in the middle of a fight right now!" Zetaman called back. "It'd be nice if you could keep up the pace a bit!" He added, running around the Metools and diving into a roll to try and keep himself out of immediate harm.

Actions
1: Take Aim
2: Shotgun Battle Chip: Metool A, Metool B (50 Damage + Spread 1)
3: Dodge
Zetaman lets off the targeted shot at the Metools, which deletes them as they lift their pickaxes, which causes FULL SYNCHRO them to be deleted. The remaining Metool tried to attack Zetaman, but only managed to wound him a little. (10)

MetoolA: DELETED
MetoolB: DELETED
MetoolC: 40HP

Zetaman.EXE: 90HP
"Zed? Are you okay?" Vita called out, stopping in her tracks to keep an eye on the screen. Her Navi stopped in his tracks for a moment and let out an annoyed sound.

"Vita, it was just a scratch! You have a status screen that tells you exactly how I'm doing!" Zetaman yelled back, rushing back a bit from his opponent and raising up his buster. He let off a single spear of energy towards his opponent and then stopped again. "Just load up another chip so I can look after this last one." He added, almost growling it as a command.

"Geez, Zetaman, sorry, sorry. I haven't busted in weeks and I've been trying to get into my university and everything." She checked out her folder and brought up another chip. "Nice work on those other two, Zed. You really kicked some good digital ass there. I should really show you my respect, more often, I guess, and-"

"Vita I am still fighting on right now!" Zetaman yelled back, side-stepping quickly to one side and then leaping back in the other in order to try and fake out the last Metool. He landed with one hand on the ground and then helped himself hand-spring partially back to a standing pose. He looked back as if you yell at Vita again, when he suddenly got a program loaded. He held out his buster and loaded it, his small personal weapon forming into a large cannon through the chip's control. "Thank you!" He called out, aiming the massive weapon as his remaining foe. He launched out a large blast of energy and skidded his heels into the ground as the force pushing him back a bit.

Actions
1: Buster: Metool C (2 Elec Damage)
2: Dodge
3: Cannon Battle Chip: Metool C (40 Damage + Knockback)
Firing a feint shot at the Metool, Zetaman set up another attack with a Cannon, blasting the Metool into oblivion.

MetoolA: DELETED
MetoolB: DELETED
MetoolC: DELETED

Battle 1 - Victory!
Rewards: 160z, [Shockwave] Battlechip
"Yes!" Vita called out, Zetaman standing tall and brushing some apparent dust off his shoulder, taking a pose and pumping his fist afterwards. "See? See? I knew that your new programming wouldn't make you completely useless. You complain but you're still the same old Zed." Vita added, getting the data on the new chip and her zenny earnings. "I'm going to load this up until we get some better chips, okay? Gotta be ready for another one." She added.

"Thanks." Zetaman replied, walking onwards a bit and then bringing up his arm to rub the sore spot where the Metool had struck him. "You can compliment me all you want, Vita, but we both know that if I wasn't using such plain programs I wouldn't have taken any damage at all." He tensed the fist under his buster and smiled.

"I saaaawww thaaat~." Vita teased, laughing lightly to herself and making her Navi angrily stamp off deeper into the net.

"I think I see more virii over there. Make sure you load chips on time in this fight!" He yelled at her, raising his buster across his chest.

[Battle Two Welcome]
Moving onwards, Zetaman found some boxers sparring against each other, preparing for any attacks they might have to do. Spotting the Navi, they turned to him and pumped themselves up to battle!

ChampuA: 60HP
ChampuB: 60HP
ChampuC: 60HP

-BATTLE TWO, FIGHT!!-
Vita was keeping an eye of things better now, so when Zetaman came into range of the trio of boxers, she held back a smile. "Awww, everything in DenCity is so cute! Zed, I know we've gotta fight them and all, but look! Look! They're so cute!" She cooed, looking to her Navi and immediately clearing her throat. "Yes, well... It appears to a be a melee range-type virus. It would be wise to keep your distance and, uh.. Attack from range then." She told him, going through the folder and popping in their latest chip. "Here Zed, try out the new one we got to try and handle them." She advised, loading Shockwave up.

"Understood..." Zetaman replied, raising his buster into a combat position and then stopping. "...I can barely remain serious when you sound like that! It's so unnatural coming from your mouth! Do me a favour and just... Shut up when you want to be serious!" He complained to her gritting his teeth. It was obvious he was going to have to stay at range, lest he end up receiving one of those punches.

Zetaman did the first thing that came to him, get them to play by his own rules. He immediately bolted backwards at top speed, turning on a dime in order to get some distance from his opponents, trying to draw them towards him and into a straight line. He loaded up the new battlechip and looked behind him, making sure that he could make the attack worth its most. Once the best situation came up, he turned back around and slammed his fist into the ground. If the boxers were smart enough to follow him but dumb enough to spread out, they were right where he wanted them. A shock wave rose up from the ground and engulfed the panel in front of him, moving to the next and so on towards his line of opponents and beyond.

"Nice work, Zed!" Vita called out, offering a thumbs-up through the small screen. "Hold on, you can't get all of them in one go, can you? Zed, keep moving!" The Navi rolled his eyes at the obvious statement and, once he had finished with his shockwave, moved quickly to the left and strafed around the boxers in order to retain any advantage he might have earned.

Actions
1: Dodge
2: Shockwave Battle Chip: ChampuA (ChampuB, ChampuC) (40 Damage + Piercing + Ground + Line)
The second Zetaman bolted backwards, one of the Champys warped forward and took a swipe at him. The lucky dodge was followed by the Navi's attempt to get the viruses into a line and make the most of his Shockwave. He saw an opportunity and unleashed a wave of energy along the netscape. It pegged the first Champy and left it a bit dazed. The next virus warped out of the way and tried to punch Zetaman, but he dodged again. The final virus also fell prey to the shockwave, taking significant damage.

ChampuA: 20HP
ChampuB: 60HP
ChampuC: 20HP

"They're fast..." Zetaman said, coming to a quick stop and preparing to move forward again.

"They're fast!"" Vita said at the same time, furrowing her brow and then snapping. "Zed, you should use your other programs! You can't keep dodging if they can move like that, so try to slow them down!" She told him, bringing up his Navicust readings.

"Vita!" Zetaman yelled at his operator. He paused and moved into the fray quickly. "That... Is a good idea." He complimented quietly, suddenly activating his SetMagnet program and transforming the tiles surrounding him into charged metal tiles. "Hurry up with something!"

"Okay, okay! Loading up... Um... Rageclaw!" She said, popping the chip into place. Zetaman quickly activated it, his fist transforming into a larger paw with heavy claws. Using the confusion of the magnetic tiles against his opponents, he jumped forward at the boxer who had attempted to strike at him last, swinging the bladed claws across its frame and then moving to the side.

"Don't blink..." Zetaman commented, moving to a second one and swinging again. This time, he moved much closer, the clawed paw cutting deep enough that the paw itself was going to strike. He twisted and curved the swing so that he could knock the virus into the one he had previously attacked.

Actions:
1: Activate SetMagnet
2: Rageclaw Battle Chip, Use 1/6: ChampuB (40 Damage + Slashing)
3: Rageclaw Battle Chip, Use 2/6: ChampuA thrown at ChampuB (20 Damage + Impact)
Zetaman equipped himself with a huge claw and creating some magnet terrain before attacking his previous assailant and damaging it like the others. One of the Champys attempted to punch him, but it was thrown off by the magnets. Zetaman tried to grab another Champy and throw it, but the virus was too weak and ended up getting deleted by the initial strike. The remaining two viruses eyed the Navi warily.

ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: 20HP
ChampuC: 20HP

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Magnet

"Holy-!" Vita almost yelled, her Navi repositioning himself so he could eye the Champus back. "Zed, that was pretty amazing! Okay, this time... Well, finish 'em off! I know you can beat these guys when you focus on it." She commented, smiling broadly back in the offline world, looking around the park calmly to make sure she wasn't making too big of a scene.

"Right..." Zetaman said, not taking his eyes off of the Champu. He suddenly kicked into the ground and rushed towards B, a grin off his face. Able to easily glide across the difficult magnet tiles, he brought the clawed-hand up at his opponent and then suddenly jumped, moving over his opponent's head and coming down behind him, dodging to the side and going after the second one. He stabbed out his claw and ripped it through the air to the side, twisting to look back upon his first opponent. Zetaman jumped back towards him and let his claw loose in a powerful uppercut before he landed back onto the magnet tiles.

"Zed! Get 'em!" Vita told him, bringing up the status charts. "Look out for their counter attacks, we don't know what they're capable of yet."

Actions
1: Dodge
2: Rageclaw Battle Chip, Use 3/6: Champu C (40 Damage + Slashing)
3: Rageclaw Battle Chip, Use 4/6: Champu B (40 Damage + Slashing)
After they were sure they were practically goners, the Champu both initiated a double attack, one at each of his sides!! They didn't fare so well, with Zetaman's dodging and the difficulty of the flooring, but one lucky blow did come in. (10)

It was not to last, however, as the Navi sliced both up quickly and easily.

ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
ChampuC: DELETED

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Magnet

Zetaman.EXE: 80HP

Battle 2 - Victory!
Rewards: 210z
"Yeah, Zed! Another group of viruses down!" Vita said, smiling broadly and making sure to grin as deeply as she could to her Navi. "We'll really busting them today, aren't we? Come on, let's keep going, Zeddy~." She continued, seeing the results of the battle coming up and transferring her rewards into the PET. "I mean, you're not bored or tired, are you? My tough little Zeddy."

"I'm not bored..." Zetaman replied, his hand shrinking and returning to normal as the battlechip's strength ended when he left combat mode. "I'm also not very hurt." He commented, feeling around his chest. "I had to take them seriously, and that pays off. Come on, I'll look for another fight somewhere out here." He added, walking along one of the major paths of the net to try and find something else. "It's virii, by the way. Virii."

"Alright, alright..." Vita said, a little happy to have not only calmed down the Navi, but also annoyed him just a little. "Oh, I think I see something coming up to you left." She commented, her eyes all over the status screen that let her interact with the online world. "Could be another virus party. Let's check it out." She added, Zetaman following the signal regardless of his operator's so-called 'orders'.

[Battle Three Welcome]
Coming towards 'something', as Vita defined it, Zetaman discovered some large pillars sticking out of the ground, along with some RockCubes scattered around the field. Strangely, there didn't seem to be any activity until-

Hold up, what was that? You could hear some scuffling among the objects. Stiff breathing as well. Hm.

SpookyA: 30HP [Hiding behind PillarA]
SpookyB: 30HP [Hiding behind PillarB]
SpookyC: 30HP [Hiding behind PillarC]
CactyA: 70HP [Hiding behind RockCubeA]
CactyB: 70HP [Hiding behind RockCubeB]

PillarA: 100HP
PillarB: 100HP
PillarC: 100HP
RockCubeA: 100HP
RockCubeB: 100HP

Zetaman.EXE: 80HP

-BATTLE THREE, FIGHT!!-
"Alright, why don't you kick some..." Vita started, furrowing her brow and looking around. "Hey Zed, I don't see anyone. I thought I picked up a virus signal but..." She continued, checking her status screens and adjusting her headphones a little so she could hear the response properly.

Zetaman stood on guard and looked around slowly, hearing the noises of movement behind the objects. With Vita calmly looking over data, he could actually hear things for once and figured out pretty fast that the pillars and stones must be hiding at least someone. "Hold on. Just load up a chip. The shockwave one should be good." Zetaman said quietly, bending and ready to move in case something jumped out.

"No, Zed. You should use the claws, you get more use out of it. You just have to check behind each of them and-" Vita started, getting cut off.

"You're right. I have to get behind those pillars." He told her with a smile, pointing his buster straight up. Energy began to charge around the end of it as he kept his eyes forward. Once the power had charged properly, he held his arm in place and aimed for his targets carefully. "Bolt Towers." He said out loud, shooting up a green flare of energy. It arced in the air and suddenly solidified into three long spears of energy that continued forward above the pillars. It wasn't the most accurate attack, but Zetaman did his best to aim them behind the three pillars, the tallest and heaviest objects on the field.

Once that was done, he expected that he'd be seeing some kind of reaction. He took a step backwards and then pushed off into a jump, turning his head towards the rock cubes in case he gambled on the foes being behind the wrong objects.

Actions
1 & 2: Signature Attack Bolt Towers: SpookyA, SpookyB & SpookyC (30 Elec Damage, 10 HP Objects)
Opening up the battle, Zetaman unleashed his Bolt Towers attack, which hit two of the Spooky behind the pillars, deleting them. The remaining wasn't going down without a fight, and teleported up to Zetaman to give him a good licking, then hid again. (10) One of the other Cacty braved itself and tried to attack the Navi as well, but simply got its attack dodged.

SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: DELETED
CactyA: 70HP [Hiding behind RockCubeA]
CactyB: 70HP [Hiding behind RockCubeB]

RockCubeA: 100HP
RockCubeB: 100HP

Zetaman.EXE: 70HP

Bolt TowerA: 10HP
Bolt TowerB: 10HP
Bolt TowerC: 10HP
"Zed... That was freaking awesome!" Vita said, her mouth agape as she saw signs of two deleted virii. The sudden teleportation of a second and the attack of a third shocked her a bit, but she bit her lip and tried to go into 'combat mode'. "Watch out for that ghost-thing, Zetaman! That last attack though, they can't be behind the pillars, check out those blocks. Here, I'm going to load something up for you to attack them with." Vita said, going through several screens as she slipped a chip in and started the upload to the battle.

"Alright, I can figure that." Zetaman answered, heading towards the blocks and activating the battlechip. His hand once again grew into a massive claw and electronic lights glinted off the claws as he skidded to a halt right in front of the first RockCube. "Try to... Hide behind... This!" Zetaman said through a couple of grunts, stabbing his claws into the lower section of the block and flipping it upwards with a burst of force so that it would tip back and land on top of whatever was behind it.

His claws free of the block, he quickly moved to the second block and kept his hand low, digging the claw in between the ground and the block in order to get leverage on it. He used his movement to give the block a shoulder blow that would help him launch the block backwards while he lifted it with the claw. His claws slashed out of the cube as he didn't bother to wait to see any results from his attack right now. He watched his surroundings and dodged quickly back near PillarC, close to his still-charged TowerC.

Actions
1: Battle Chip RageClaw Use 1/6: RockCubeA thrown at CactyA (20 Damage + Impact to Cube)
2: Battle Chip RageClaw Use 2/6: RockCubeB thrown at CactyB (20 Damage + Impact to Cube)

[3 CD remains on Bolt Towers]
After that spectacle with the Bolt Towers, Zetaman did something else, which was heft the gigantic RockCubes and throwing them towards the Cacty. Both hit them after a comical WTF?! face was plastered on each of their faces. The Spooky still tried to defend itself by its lick attack, but to no avail, as Zetaman dodged the attack.

SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: DELETED
CactyA: SMASHED
CactyB: BRICK'D

Zetaman.EXE: 70HP

Bolt TowerA: 10HP
Bolt TowerB: 10HP