Upgrades Field Test #1

The explosion of the Beetank threw Meltdown far into the air. Twirling around and around, the navi landed face-first into the ground and stayed down. On Alan's PET screen, a small alarm started sounding, indicating the navi was at critical health. MELTDOWN! screamed Alan, suddenly not interested in sleeping at all. The possibility of having his navi fail his second busting run was too much for him. Come on man, speak to me!

Meltdown stirred in his place. Every part of his body was aching, and everything in his body screamed out agonizing pain. Was I a fool to believe I could do this? he thought to himself. Yes, he'd been tremendously outnumbered, but netbatlling wasn't always going to be fair. But does that mean that every battle would be hopeless? No. I gotta do this. I have to. he kept telling himself. But his body simply couldn't translate the command to get up, it had taken too much damage.

Here, try this! urged Alan as he inserted the Cannon chip as fast as he could. As his right arm translated itself into the familiar figure of the cannon he'd used a few times, the translation energy wave that pulsed through Meltdown's frame seemed to pull it out of the lag it had entered. With this newfound power, Meltdown had was just enough strength to get back on his feet.

I... won't... be... beaten.... that... EASILY! he shouted to the surrounding net. Thrusting his fist at the two remaining virii, a determined frown wrote itself all over the navi's face. YOU'RE THROUGH! he yelled before slumping onto his knees, breathing very heavily.

Hey, hey, take it easy. This is gonna take some fancy footwork if you wanna do this. Alan communicated down to Meltdown. Move forward to the right firing range, take your shot, and back the hell off.

Looking at the remaining virii, Meltdown pulled the last of his strength together, and began the attack. Running forward towards his "ideal spot", Meltdown kept hopping left to right, left to right. He couldn't risk another hit, even if it meant exhausting himself even further. As he got closer to the destination, he began to line up one of the Beetanks. He couldn't afford to miss; after all, this could be the difference between his win and loss. As the cannon began to glow in preparation for execution, Meltdown threw himself forward as he put himself into line with the enemy. FIRE! he once again bellowed as he let the energy stored inside detach itself from his cannon and propel itself toward the enemy. As he fired, Meltdown couldn't help but notice a tiny flame that streaked away from his body, following the course of the cannon fire. Hmph, I must be seeing things. he thought to himself. After all, that just didn't seem natural.

With the Cannon fired and away, Meltdown's only concern was to get away from firing range. Keeping his body face-on to the enemy, Meltdown attempted to flee the exact same way he'd gotten close: skipping left and right to prevent the enemy from predicting his next location and firing an attack. As Meltdown kept his gaze fixated at the Beetanks, his mind flashed back to a few months ago. Meltdown suddenly felt a new sense of dread. Harlem, is this what it was like for you?

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Jump from left to right to put Meltdown into the ideal firing spot.
[2] Cannon [40 Damage + Knockback] => BeetankA
[3] Retreat using same jumping system from left to right while facing enemies.
[Passive] Heating Mismanagement [10 Damage /Fire] => Random Enemy

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 1 HP / 120
Raising The Heat [2/2] Charged
Potential Fuel Source [1/1] Charged
Meltdown's Cannon struck his intended target, knocking it into the other Beetank. It lost balance and was pushed with enough force to knock it over. A jet of fire from Meltdown's body finished off the first Beetank while the second one wriggled about. Struggling with its stubby little legs, the tank tried to right itself but just couldn't manage on its own.

PulseBatA: DELETED
ShrubbyA: DELETED
ShrubbyB: DELETED
ShrubbyC: DELETED
ShrubbyD: DELETED
PulseBatB: DELETED

-Behind Shrubby-
BeetankA: DELETED
BeetankB: DELETED
BeetankC: DELETED
BeetankD: 50 HP [toppled over - cannot attack/dodge]

Terrain: 100% Normal

Meltdown: 1 HP [CRITICAL]
One down, one to go. As the targeted Beetank was overpowered by the Cannon fire, it flew into the second Beetank and toppled it over. A wonderful way to buy some time, as it rolled onto its side and became inoperable. But this was no time to let the opportunity pass. Meltdown had to finish this and quickly.

I'm glad that worked out. Alan breathed a sigh of relief. You ready for the next chip? he asked.

Meltdown looked at his chip-converter. The stress of so much damage was screwing up his transmission. The last thing Meltdown wanted was a chip that backfired on him because of a corrupted download. No, this battle needed to be finished with good old magma, and Meltdown knew just how to get it.

Don't bother. I'll take care of this. he seethed, all his anger focusing on the fire that burned inside him. Raising the heat was one of Meltdown's specialties, and no amount of damage was gonna stop him from doing what he does best.

You sure? You're not exactly one hundred percent right now... replied Alan, a little worried that his navi was acting delusional.

Meltdown tried to respond, but his internal systems suddenly shudderred. The damage had done more to his systems than he was ready to let on. Still, pain or no pain, there was no way Meltdown was gonna let one Beetank get away with damaging him to the brink of deletion. No bloody way. Charging up the fiery fury that burned inside him, Meltdown set his sight on the remaining virus. Some fancy footwork was going to be needed to ensure he was the victor.

Time for some dodgeball! Meltdown laughed to himself as he charged forward. The navi had played netsports before as part of the workplace fitness program, and dodgeball was his favourite. It was time to pull the 5 Ds of dodgeball. As Meltdown concentrated more and more energy into his body, he flipped, twisted, and rolled himself into range. Although his energy was almost drained, he drew what he needed to from the infernal energy that was charging inside him, and the rest came from his desire to win.

As his hand and arm sparked and begun to glow red-hot, Meltdown took aim at the remaining enemy. This was it. One or the other. As he slammed his hand against the ground, the immensely-dense heat travelled out of his hand and into the ground. As it gathered around the Beetank at Meltdown's command, Meltdown continued his acrobatic maneouvres. THIS IS FOR YOU, HARLEM! the navi screaming hysterically as the ground exploded and blasted magma at the remaining foe. Once again, a small burst of energy flew out of Meltdown's arm and headed straight towardst the enemy. Again? If I survive this, I'll have to get that checked. he thought to himself.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.
[2] Raising The Heat [40 Damage + Spread 1 /Fire] => BeetankB
[3] Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge again.
[Pasive] Heating Mismanagement [10 Damage /Fire] => Random Enemy

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 1 HP / 120
Raising The Heat [2/2 => 0/2] Depleted
Potential Fuel Source [1/1] Charged
The Beetank could only wiggle its stubby legs back and forth as it watched Meltdown slowly heading towards it. Before it tried to usher last of its strength to gain its ground, a burst of magma exploded underneath the virus and flipped it over! The Beetank tried to use this opportunity to strike the last nail on Meltdown as it charged a bomb within its barrel! However, it didn't expect the second attack and blindly took the attack, deleting the last of the virus!!

PulseBatA: DELETED
ShrubbyA: DELETED
ShrubbyB: DELETED
ShrubbyC: DELETED
ShrubbyD: DELETED
PulseBatB: DELETED

-Behind Shrubby-
BeetankA: DELETED
BeetankB: DELETED
BeetankC: DELETED
BeetankD: DELETED

Terrain: 100% Normal

Meltdown: 1 HP [CRITICAL]

-BATTLE WON!-
600z + [Lil'Bomb] Battlechip
LilBomb -
Damage: 50 + Blast 2
Accuracy: C
Description: Lob a bomb that blast the enemy area in a wide range.
Duration: Once
Element: None
Watching the Beetank data destroy itself, Meltdown's systems suddenly failed. No longer able to stand on his own two feet, Meltdown collapsed in a pile on the ground.

Heh... I did it... he whispered to himself.

Congratulations, man. I'm pulling you out now. said Alan. This time there was no argument as the navi became decompressed data and streamed back to the PET.

[ENEMY DEFEATED]
Zenny: 950z => 1550z
Get Battlechip: Lil'Bomb
Battlechips: 8 => 9

{JACK OUT TO ACDC AREA COMPLETE.}
{CHECKING INTEGRITY OF [MELTDOWN.EXE]..........DONE.}
{RESTARTING NETNAVI PET FUNCTIONS.....