Upgrades Field Test #1

.....DONE.}

As Meltdown arrived in ACDC Net again, he checked to see that the new modifications had transferred from the PET correctly.

All systems are checked, new additions are error-free, and I'm ready to go! said the excited Navi.

Geez, I only gave you a few minor upgrades. Wait until you get a Speed Upgrade... Alan muttered.

SPEED UPGRADE?! said Meltdown, snapping to attention on hearing his operator's words.

You're wasting your tiiiiime... Alan reminded him.

Looking around the area he had surfaced in, he realised that it a little bit darker here than the area he had been in before.

Better watch out... the virii around here might give me a challenge I'm not ready for yet...

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 120 HP / 120
Raising The Heat [2/2] Charged
Potential Fuel Source [1/1] Charged

[[[ BATTLE 1 START ]]]
A group of virus nearby could literally feel the joy and excitement Meltdown was exuding, prompting them to get a little close to the navi. They tried to take the darkness to sneak towards their target, but they just couldn't mask their obvious hopping noises!

MelodyA: 80 HP
MelodyB: 80 HP
MelodyC: 80 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Meltdown: 120 HP

-BATTLE ONE, START!-
*thump* *thump* *thump*

Huh? Turning around, Meltdown saw his new opponents: three Melodies. Musical notes? What's next, stop signs? laughed Meltdown. Although...

No. Not even remotely funny.

What?! Dancing stop sign virii could be awesome!

Desperate to get the idea of dancing red octagon virii out of his head, Alan picked through the limited number of chips in his folder. Oh my goodness. These upgrades will help you more than you think... he realised. Sending you Heatshot and Shotgun. Combine these with your heat blast and this battle could be over quickly...

Meltdown went through the battle strategy to himself. Three Melodies in the same area. If he used his attacks in just the right way, he should be able to catch them all at once, and hopefully deal lethal blows to all three foes before they had a chance to fight back.

As Meltdown interfaced his data with the two battlechips, he couldn't help but notice that both chips seemed to spread much, much larger than usual. Hey Alan, what gives? Your battlechips are stretched! Alan laughed to himself. No, you idiot, that's your new upgrades at work! Better spread than normal! You like it?

Looking at the change, Meltdown wasn't too sure how he felt about it. I've got no choice, I guess. Wasting no more time, he slid his battlechips into position and began to line up the enemy. I've gotta wait for the right time.... NOW! Sending the impulse to fire through his body, Meltdown released the blast of the Shotgun chip. However, the new upgrade sent a force through his body he wasn't prepared for, and the result was Meltdown's ass hitting the ground hard.

Woah, talk about a power surge! he marveled. As he refocused and concentrated on heating up the area, he couldn't quite get the last attack out of his head. That's one upgrade I think I'm going to love. Arming the FireHit, he attempted lock-on of one of the Melodies and swung hard. After doing so, Meltdown let the flow of energy manifest itself onto the field, aiming the blast itself out onto net and into his enemies.

Meltdown, after finishing his attack, stopped for a moment and rubbed his backside. That must've hurt.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[P.Ab] Mass Destruction (+1 Spread To Area Battlechips)
[1] Shotgun [50 Damage + Spread (1+1=)2] => MelodyA => MelodyB + MelodyC
[2] Raising The Heat [40 Damage + Spread 1] => MelodyC => MelodyB
[3] FireHit1 [(60+5=)65 Damage /Fire] => MelodyB
[Passive] Heating Mismanagement [10 damage /Fire] => Random Enemy

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 120 HP / 120
Raising The Heat [0/2] Depleted
The powered Shotgun was devastating as the pellets fired from the gun could be compared to a downpour of rain, showering the Melody with leads, and heavily wounding all of them. Meltdown continued by heating the nearby virus, but one of them simply hopped away from the heated ground and the blast only destroyed one. In an attempt to finish thing off, the navi followed the escaped virus with his fiery fist and deleted it as well, only to be ambushed by the surviving virus with a hefty hopping over his head!

MelodyA: 30 HP
MelodyB: DELETED
MelodyC: DELETED

Meltdown: 105 HP
The ground shook violently and sprayed data all over Meltdown. He was used to this of course, but to think that it was responsible for the deletion of virii was a great feeling.

Way to go Meltdown! Alan yelled into the PET, perhaps a little too loudly.

Geez, keep it down, I'm right here! replied Meltdown. Navis couldn't use their ears to block out operator speeches, but Meltdown sure wished he could at that moment.

Well, shall we move on? asked Alan.

Yeah, there's noth... OW!!! A dark object suddenly collided with Meltdown's head, sending him to the ground.

What's happening?!

There's a Melody on me! Stupid bastard, the programming's fried, he won't stop jumping on me!

A lone navi watching in the distance laughed hard: Meltdown was sprawled on the ground, stomach side down, and the Melody was jumping up and down on his back.

Send me that stupid Rageclaw, I'll teach him to jump on me! Meltdown growled. As his left hand transformed into the bear's paw he didn't really prefer, he wondered to himself: Should I just slash him where he stands, or flip him?

Nope, I've got a better idea.

Swinging his bear claw at the ground, Meltdown used it to pole-vault the enemy off his back. Using his momentum, he flipped off it as a second part of the motion, removing the claw from the ground as he launched. The Melody, still not quite sure what was going on around him, landed upside down. It didn't seem to mind though; it was still hopping up and down, just upside down.

Meltdown aimed himself toward the enemy. My turn to jump all over YOU!

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Melody counter-attack to bounce; propulsion into designated area
[2+3] Rageclaw (Fury) [2 Swings x 40 Damage]

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 105 HP / 120
Raising The Heat [0/2 => 1/2] Charging

(((Feeling experimental for method, let me know if this method isn't allowed)))
((This method is actually not allowed seeing as how you dictated what the virus would be doing. Rather than be a dick and wait for you to correct it before modding you, I would ask that you simply please simply refrain from doing this in the future. I know it's a pain not being able to control what the viruses do but I consider it part of the challenge that makes RPing interesting.))

The last Melody is thrown off Meltdown's back and is quickly leapt upon and ravaged by the angry Navi. The virus is torn asunder and leaves behind a small piece of data that isn't zenny.

MelodyA: DELETED
MelodyB: DELETED
MelodyC: DELETED

[Battle 1 - Victory!]

Get: Binder1 Battlechip.
(((Okay, won't happen again. BTW, the virii aren't dead. ^^^)))

Tearing up the last Melody in a vicious blur of hacking, Meltdown enjoyed the bliss that came from his random fury.

Now, where did that maggot who laughed at me go earlier? I'll teach him to laugh at me... he grumbled. As he took a step forward, he noticed that not all the data of the enemy had flown away.

What's this... Inspecting the datapod, Meltdown activated the uplink for data sending and transferred the information to Alan. What can you do with this?

Receiving the last parts, Alan chuckled. That data is a Binder. What just happened to you is now yours to command. Well, kinda.

Kinda? said Meltdown, a little curious.

It's kinda random. You can throw it, but where it goes after that is up to the chip.

Heh, maybe I can use it on that guy... the navi chuckled as he began to search for the mysterious entity.

[ENEMY DEFEATED!]
Get Battlechip: Binder1
Battlechips: 6 => 7

[NAVI INFO]

[[[BATTLE 2, START!]]]
Bumped because I have nothing better to do apparently...
Suddenly, a nearby Swordy felt a chill surging through his spine and immediately looked around, finding Meltdown staring at the virus with an malicious look. Obviously scared, the virus blew a whistle into the air and his companions came along! It was another Swordy riding on top of a Spikey like a horse, bringing along another one for his friend to use. As soon as the virus was prepared, they came rushing in! Trying to finish off Meltdown as quick as possible!

SpikeyA: 90 HP [Mounted]
Swordy-N A: 60 HP
SpikeyB: 90 HP [Monted]
Swordy-N B: 60 HP

-BATTLE TWO, START!-
Two-by-two on one. Things just keep getting better for Meltdown. First musical notes and now knights carrying spikey balls.

Wow, I've never seen 'em do that before!

Keep standing there and you probably won't ever again! Jump out of the way! Alan yelled at Meltdown.

As the virii came in on Meltdown's position, the navi didn't have much time to reach. A couple of swings would be all he'd have time for before the enemy would make short work of him.

Upload the FireHit! he commanded. As the chip raised his arm to a flurry of flames he focused in on one of the Swordys. Take out the carriers and they might just fall short, leaving them very vulnerable to a second attack. No, just worry about getting them apart first. Throwing the fury at the closest Swordy with all his might, it was quite possible the force of the attack would knock the Spikey off the Swordy.

Meltdown again spoke. That Melody data, can I use that now?

You sure can. In fact, it might help deal a couple of whammies to all of them. Alan pondered on that last thought. Just make sure you throw it hard enough so it can bounce properly.

Got it. With the second Swordy closing in, Meltdown wound up the newly formed Melody in his hand. And to think, a few minutes ago you were hurting me... weird... With that, he clenched his fingers and flung the black ball forward with all the strength you'd expect to find in a baseball pitcher. Let's hope it hits a home run...

There was no time to hope that the attacks connected; the momentum of their charge would still put the dying virii in Meltdown's area. Hoping to avoid such a situation, Meltdown took to flight and backflipped himself into the air, aiming to land as far away from the virii as possible.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] FireHit1 [(60+5=)65 Damage + Impact(Throw Off Mounted SpikeyA) /Fire] => Swordy-NA
[2] Binder1 [60 Damage x (Up To) 4 Hits] => 1[Swordy-NB] 2[SpikeyB] 3[???] 4[???]
[3] Evade Charge Via Jump Into Safer Area
[Passive] Heating Mismanagement [10 Damage /Fire] => Random Enemy

[NAVI STATS]
What goes bump in the night?

This post.
Meltdown rushes into the fray as the knights charge at him as well. Pulling his fist back, Meltdown slams a Swordy right off his mount and into oblivion, startling its steed into inaction. The other knight turns around just in time for Meltdown to activate his Binder chip, causing some heavy weights to rain down on the Spikey and Swordy combo, deleting the latter.

Royally pissed off, the two Spikeys charge at Meltdown. He avoids the first hit, but the second virus scorches the navi with an intense fireball!

SpikeyA: 90 HP
Swordy-N A: DELETED
SpikeyB: 30 HP
Swordy-N B: DELETED

Meltdown: 75 HP
The Spikey's flames were strong, but it wasn't anything Meltdown wasn't used to. The searing pain that flowed through his body was quickly dissipated, and what remained only stirred up Meltdown even more.

Well, that went well. commented Alan. Ready to try again?

As Meltdown steadied his body, he analysed the remaining enemies. Only two Spikeys were left, and one was below half-health. Perfect. A couple of good placements and this battle would be over.

Cannon and Shotgun chips please! Meltdown requested of his operator.

Cannon and Shotgun chips downloading... said Alan as he swiped the chips into his PET.

As the chips made their way into Meltdown's body and assembled themselves onto his arms, Meltdown once again charged his energy into one large ball of resentment. The offending Spikey could deal out heat, but not nearly as powerful as Meltdown. Once his energy hit its optimum peak, Meltdown focused his daze on the damaged Spikey as the ground around it glowed bright red and exploded around the enemy.

Turning his attention back to the final virus, Meltdown aimed his Cannon first. A successive blast would hopefully knock the enemy so hard that it wouldn't have time to prepare for a second assault. As Meltdown corrected his aim as best he could, he lined up the Shotgun to match the same target. Yes, the first attack would move the enemy, but if they were aligned correctly now, only little corrections would be needed to keep his Shotgun aim spoton.

Meltdown's cannon blast sent a wave of energy straight across the void between the enemies. Predicting where his foe would be, should the attack be successful, Meltdown released the Shotgun in quick succession.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Raising The Heat (40 Damage + Spread 1 /Fire) => SpikeyB
[2] Cannon (40 Damage + Knockback) => SpikeyA
[3] Shotgun (50 Damage + Spread (1+1=)2) => SpikeyA
[Passive] Heating Mismanagement (10 damage /Fire => Random Enemy

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 75 HP / 120
Raising The Heat [2/2 => 0/2] Depleted
The trio of attacks hit dead on as the Spikeys are wiped out by Meltdown's superior firepower.

SpikeyA: DELETED
Swordy-N A: DELETED
SpikeyB: DELETED
Swordy-N B: DELETED

[Battle 2 - Victory!]

Get: 300z + Heatshot battlechip
As the final Spikey took its final breath, a barrage of energy cut through its data bonds, severing the links and ultimately causing the enemy to disassemble into nothingness.

I love it when I get philosophical. Meltdown thought to himself. Hey...

Walking through the floating remains, Meltdown bent down and picked up a reddish fragment of data.

Hey Alan, can you use this? said the navi, downloading it into his arm before transmitting it back to his PET.

On the receiving end, Alan put in a blank battlechip. I certainly can. Heatshot battlechip acquired.

Another Fire chip? Sweet! Meltdown was thrilled. Can I keep going?

Alan sighed. Please be quick. I'm tired, remember?

[ENEMY DEFEATED]
Zenny: 650z => 950z
Get Battlechip: HeatShot
Battlechips: 7 => 8

[NAVI STATS]

[[[BaTTLE 3, START]]]
As the Meltdown continued along the ACDC network, joyous over the new chip he received, he came across a group of viruses! The first thing he saw was the Shrubbys, which was a fire navi's fantasy as it just burns so easily! However, the rest of the viruses look really nasty...

PulseBatA: 80 HP
ShrubbyA: 50 HP
ShrubbyB: 50 HP
ShrubbyC: 50 HP
ShrubbyD: 50 HP
PulseBatB: 80 HP

-Behind Shrubby-
BeetankA: 50 HP
BeetankB: 50 HP
BeetankC: 50 HP
BeetankD: 50 HP

-BATTLE THREE, START!-
Shrubbys. Meltdown's first encounter with wood virii. It would have been a great moment; unfortunately, they were surrounded by more virii.

Ten virii on two fronts. Meltdown didn't like this at all. A-A-Alan? he squeaked out of his mouth.

Alan wasn't surprised. See? I told you to wait for another day, and look what you've got yourself into. Just my luck... he complained.

What do you want me to do? Meltdown asked.

Listen, it's not as bad as you think. Heatshot your Shrubbys, Shotgun your Beetanks, and that's half the battle over. You need to pull it together though.

I guess... Receiving the data one battlechip at a time, Meltdown followed through Alan's instructions.

"Heatshot your Shrubbys." Taking command of his newest addition, Meltdown aimed his shot down the line towards the group of bushes. Let's see how this works... FIRE! he screamed as the burst of heat flew from his buster, charged even more by his body and his spreading extender.

"Shotgun your Beetanks." Taking aim at the backline of enemies, Meltdown next installed his Shotgun battlechip. Beetanks weren't exactly fast or intelligent, so a well-placed blast should take out a few of them. A familiar spreading blast erupted from Meltdown's shotgun buster as his shotgun pellets thrusted their way towards their target. Hopefully, the original attack would delete the Shrubbys that stood in the way, and if it didn't, they would receive the Shotgun blast anyway.

Hey, send me the Binder chip. Meltdown commanded. As if a lightbulb had turned on in his head, Meltdown turned once again and faced the virii on the battle front. If I throw the Melody hard at the field with the right force and angle, it should bounce between the two PulseBats. At the very least, if a Shrubby gets in the way, it should bounce off that instead and still head back to a PulseBat. Either way, that's an interesting concept. Let's make it happen! With that, he took the Melody data and charged it into the field of PulseBats and Shrubbys.

I hope this works... Meltdown said to himself.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[Fire Lv0-5] All Fire-type Battlechips +5 Damage

[1] Heatshot [(40+5=)45 Damage + Spread (1+1=)2 /Fire] => ShrubbyB => ShrubbyA + ShrubbyC
[2] Shotgun [50 Damage + Spread (1+1=)2] => BeetankB => BeetankA + BeetankC (if area is not clear, ShrubbyB => ShrubbyA + ShrubbyC)
[3] Binder1 [60 Damage, Up To 4 Hits] => 1[PulseBatA] 2[???] 3[???] 4[???]

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown quickly utilizes his new chip with gusto, blasting the first Shrubby, and spreading it... to the Beetanks behind it? That was new. Anyway, the Shrubby dies because its weak to fire or something, so Meltdown just blasts his Shotgun at the front line.

Apparently the Shrubbys didn't like being in the front lines much, so they tried racing to the back using the hole in the line that the deleted Shrubby had created, but really just ran into each other... and the Shotgun fire. A Beetank was caught in the blast too, how convenient.

Activating the Binder was the fire smasher's last order of business. It hit the first Pulsebat, then the weakened Beetank, then the ground, then the last Shrubby. What luck. He then burns the first Pulsebat.

Of course, this left Meltdown wide open, so his ears were ringing a lot from the sonic waves the Pulsebats emitted as their attacks.

PulseBatA: 10 HP
ShrubbyA: DELETED
ShrubbyB: DELETED
ShrubbyC: DELETED
ShrubbyD: DELETED
PulseBatB: 80 HP

-Behind Shrubby-
BeetankB: DELETED
BeetankC: DELETED

Meltdown: 15 HP
Meltdown hit the ground. Hard. The poor navi wasn't used to so much damage in one hit, and the agony of the PulseBat's attack still rang through his ears.

Meltdown! Are you okay?! Alan cried into the PET.

Not really. Help. he groaned.

Guard battlechip coming your way! he yelled as he inserted it into the slot.

Geez, no need to yell, I can still hear you fine. Meltdown replied.

I'm pulling you out.

NO! I'M FINISHING THESE GUYS OFF FIRST! he shouted back. Those Pulsebats are gonna get it. Send me FireHit! As the fire erupted from his hand, Meltdown flung it hard at the healthy Pulsebat with all his remaining might.

Getting back onto his feet, Meltdown stared down the virii, hoping to avoid any further damage to his already weak frame.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[Fire Lv0-5] All Fire-type Battlechips +5 Damage
[1] Guard1 [0-60 Damage, 1 Hit] [Shield]
[2] FireHit1 [(60+5=)65 Damage + Impact] => PulseBatB
[3] The most desperate dodging scheme you've ever seen O_O

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 15 HP / 120
((WRITE. MORE. Just SAYING that you're dodging desperately doesn't compare to actually describing how you're moving or attacking. For your next reply, I want to see WORDS. BREATHE LIFE INTO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR ACTIONS, EVEN YOUR PASSIVE ABILITY THAT YOU NEVER SEEM TO WANT TO DESCRIBE.))

Shielding himself with a Guard, Meltdown launched a desperate Firehit at the Pulsebat hovering close by. The virus was singed but survived and immediately counterattacked with a sonic pulse. Fortunately, it echoed off the Guard and rang back towards its source, deleting the virus. As Meltdown tried to hobble away from his position, a random jet of flame took care of the other Pulsebat leaving only the two Beetanks to contend with. They fired, one after another and while the first explosion didn't quite catch the navi, the second blast engulfed Meltdown completely. The Undersht NCP kicked in and saved the navi from an unpleasant end but he was hanging by a thread.

PulseBatA: DELETED
ShrubbyA: DELETED
ShrubbyB: DELETED
ShrubbyC: DELETED
ShrubbyD: DELETED
PulseBatB: DELETED

-Behind Shrubby-
BeetankB: DELETED
BeetankC: DELETED