There's A First For Everything

Four very tough enemies to fight. Four enemies with the capability to deal large amounts of damage on their own, and they were going to work together. Both Meltdown and Alan didn't like this at all. There was a good chance Meltdown was going to hurt before this was all over.

Just remember, both targets are bad ideas for melee attacks: one is a boxer and the other specializes in swordplay. explained Alan. Just be careful. Alan was confident that if they played this strategically, they'd come out on top.

Meltdown wasn't as confident. Their strongest attack wasn't even strong enough to take down a single virus. In his mind, this battle was favouring the enemy. Still, that wasn't going to stop him from trying.

Your turn, Alan. See what you can do to this pack of losers! he yelled sarcastically.

Oh, so you want to listen to me now? Okay then. It's simple: your biggest threat is the Champus. They'll melee you twice in one go, so they need to be put out of action. However, if you just go straight in, you'll be quickly deleted by those Swordys: they can attack both short and long range. Use this Shotgun against the Champu, and make sure the splashback connects to the second one. Burn the hell out of one of the Swordys, and equip the Guard chip. I can't think of any better way to start this.

Uploading the Shotgun and Guard chips, Alan watched as Meltdown reassembled his three attacks into position. Left arm shotgun, right arm ready for heat summoning, and right underarm ready to protect with Guard. Okay, just as you planned. Taking aim at the first Champu, Meltdown waited until he could get a clear line at both, and then fired the round as quickly as he could. Clenching his fist, he concentrated on the small area of ground underneath one of the Swordys, and felt the responding energy as that same ground exploded. Did he get them all? Only one way to find out. Until then, it was time to let the Guard do its work. Sliding it into position, Meltdown waited for the enemy to make its move.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Shotgun [50 Damage + Spread 1] => ChampuA (spread to ChampuB)
[2] Raising The Heat [40 Damage /Fire] => Swordy-NA
[3] Guard1 [0-60 Damage] [Reflects 1 Attack]
[Passive Attack] Heating Mismanagement [5 Damage /Fire] => Random Enemy

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 70 HP / 100
RaisingTheHeat [1/1 => 0/1] Depleted
The viruses tried to coordinate with one another, but their natural clash made it so much difficult from doing so. Because of this, Meltdown got the perfect opportunity to attack with both his Shotgun and his fire attack, all hitting perfectly at its target. Realizing that they may be nearly deleted due to their feud, the virus reorganized and a single Swordy and a Champu rushed in for the attack. The Swordy swung its sword, which was fortunately reflected with the Guard, while the Champu's straight made a hefty impression on Meltdown's stomach.

ChampuA: 10 HP
ChampuB: 10 HP
Swordy-NA: 20 HP
Swordy-NB: 25 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Meltdown: 60 HP
For a brief moment, Meltdown thought this was going to be a walk in the park. Although the enemy had the advantage, they were too busy fighting between themselves to bother with him. After landing all his attacks, he thought their counter-offensive would be weak. Obviously, he was wrong. A slash from the Swordy was easy enough to dodge and counter, but with the effect from the Guard worn off, Meltdown wasn't prepared for the Champu. A fiery blow sent him to his knees.

Meltdown, are you alright?! cried out Alan, worried that the battle would now be over.

Not so easily defeated, Meltdown got back up. Are you kidding me? I could take another of those sucker punches! They'll have to do better than that! Meltdown replied, a little too excitedly for a navi that just got hit. Cannon and Rageclaw! Send them my way! he commanded.

Meltdown looked back to the enemy as he ran his next moves through his head. Okay, pay attention Melt. There's still four players on the field, and as damaged as they are, they still have the upper hand just by number alone. We weakened them last round, now it's time to start picking them off one by one. However, RageClaw really isn't the best option; I can't melee next to a melee virus and expect to not get hit. If I clear my cannon first, run forward, and slash at one, I can continue the motion, slide along the ground, and end up further away from the enemy. That should buy me enough time to get up and prepare myself, although they'll have to refocus their attack as well. Yes, I think this could work just neatly. Hah, and to think I thought this battle would be impossible!

Equipping his Cannon and Rageclaw, Meltdown put his plan into action. Placing the target on the least damaged Swordy, Meltdown blasted the energy as accurately as he possibly could. Without wasting any time, he ran at the other Swordy, hoping that the extra damage would allow for a slower reaction from his foe. Timing the slash well, Meltdown quickly dived through his enemies and used his momentum to slide on his back and seperate himself from the remaining virii. Would they fall for the trick though?

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Cannon [40 Damage] => Swordy-NB
[2] RageClaw1 [40 Damage] => Swordy-NA
[3] Evasive somersault and subsequent slide through virii territory to the other side.

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 60 HP / 100
Raising The Heat [0/1 => 1/1] Charged
The wounded Swordy was attacked by Meltdown and his chips, eventually getting them selves deleted. The Champu viruses tried go in to see if their punch would hit again, but the navi dodged the attack with ease and prepared for the next attack!

ChampuA: 5 HP
ChampuB: 10 HP
Swordy-NA: DELETED
Swordy-NB: DELETED

((Wasn't feeling very creative when I posted this.))

He couldn't believe how lucky he'd just been. Flipping himself off the ground and into the air, Meltdown landed on his feet and watched as a lack of hit points caused two Swordys to slowly rip themselves apart.

YEAH! Navis rule! Meltdown cheered. Two virii down, and two so close to deletion he could almost count on them being history. That being said, it was time to finish the job.

On the other end, Alan looked at his chip folder. Meltdown, I'm all out of chips! You'll have to finish this yourself! he said, a little concerned.

No problem, I can finish this off! said the excited navi. Turning back to the two remaining virii, he thrust his hand out toward them and started concentrating. At first I thought you might be the end of me. Boy, how wrong was I! he chuckled. As his arm became supercharged, he called down his fury onto the land surrounding the enemy. As the ground around the enemy exploded, Meltdown decided that it may not be enough to ensure victory. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head. This would be a perfect time to try the InCoRes! he exclaimed. Clenching his hands into fists, Meltdown called out his energy and watched as the residual heating effect of the InCoRes slowly turned his hands into bright white balls of fire.

RELEASE! he screamed as he turned the raw energy into two very small (yet very hot) compact fireballs. One by one he took grasp of each fireball and hurled them towards the enemy with all his might.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Raising The Heat [40 Damage /Fire] => ChampuB
[2] InCoRe [8 Damage /Fire] => ChampuA
[3] InCoRe [8 Damage /Fire] => Any survivors

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 60 HP / 100
Raising The Heat [1/1 => 0/1] Depleted
((No prob~))

Even though the navi was short on chips, he still braved against the viruses and gave it all that he had! In the end, the viruses was wiped out and the fruit of Meltdown's effort was never the less, a battlechip!

ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
Swordy-NA: DELETED
Swordy-NB: DELETED

-BATTLE WON!-
400z + [FireHit1] Battlechip

Firehit1 -
Damage: 60 + Impact
Accuracy: A
Description: Throws a flaming punch from a distance
Duration: Once
Element: Fire
Watching the last of his foes disappear into nothing, Meltdown felt a sense of achievement. Four waves of virii, and still nothing had taken him out of action yet.

I'M UNSTOPPABLE! he screamed to the empty net around him.

Unstoppable. Huh. Alan chuckled to himself. Is that why you're almost at half-health? he pointed out.

Meltdown looked at his partially damaged data. Yeah, I have taken a bit of damage. Could you send me a MiniEnergy? he asked.

Sure. Uploading now...

As Meltdown's data realigned itself and repaired the damage, Meltdown felt a new surge of energy. Excellent! Let's contin... Woah!

Suddenly, an explosion occurred right in front of him. Datadust flew out of the centre and covered Meltdown. Shaking himself down, Meltdown peered through the cloud. Suddenly I don't feel so good...

[ENEMY DEFEATED!]
Zenny: 850 => 1250
Get Battlechip: FireHit1
Battlechips: 4 => 5
LEVEL UP!
Level: 0 => 1

[NAVI STATS]
MiniEnergy: 2 => 1
Meltdown: 60 HP => 100 HP / 100
Raising The Heat [1/1] Charged

(((Where do I do to buy more SubChips?)))

[[[BATTLE 5, BOSS FIGHT 1, START!]]]
((At the Chip Shop. Which is currently closed since the shop owner is participating the tournament as an NPC opponent))

When Meltdown walked away from the puff of cloud, he was suddenly met with a tall, purple navi, looking down at him. "Hey, I just saw you with that FireHit...That's a pretty good chip." The navi pulled his right palm in front and the left hand into a fist, almost like he was threatening Meltdown! "Let's do this quick and noiseless. Just give me that chip right now!"

HeelNavi: 200 HP

Meltdown: 100 HP

-BOSS BATTLE, START!-
Meltdown had never met a HeelNavi before. Alan, download the FireHit chip data. Let's just give him what he wants.

What?! Why?! Alan steamed.

Trust me. Meltdown waited as the data completely transferred into a datachip. If this is what you want, take it. The HeelNavi looked confused. No navi he'd seen before had been so willing to give up a powerful chip. Maybe this was the start of a new age... the HeelNavi age!

Walking up to Meltdown, the navi went to grab the chip off of him. Quicker than his new nemesis, Meltdown suddenly yanked the chip just out of his reach and collided it into his right arm. Suddenly realising he'd been tricked, the HeelNavi tried to quickly load its attacks, but right now it was at the mercy of Meltdown.

Since you're so eager to have this FireHit, maybe you should feel what it does first! he screamed, as he launched a very tempered fist of heat and rage toward his foe, hoping to give him a good smackdown. Without any delay, the ground underneath the HeelNavi began to shook, as if a volcano was about to explode under his feet. A good analogy really, for hot ground suddenly erupted at his feet.

Meltdown was pleased his trick had worked. Wait a minute... Looking down at the ground, he noticed a few panels around him had turned to lava. Wow, I didn't know I could do that! That new chip is more powerful than I thought! I wonder if the area around the enemy had a similar change...

Now that Meltdown had laid out his attacks, it was time for some defense. Guard chip please! Just in case! As the Met helmet slid into position under his right arm, he pulled it out and stood on guard, ready for the counter of an extremely ticked-off navi. Your turn!

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] FireHit1 [60 Damage /Fire (+5) = 65 Damage + Terraform**] => HeelNavi
[2] Raising The Heat [40 Damage /Fire] => HeelNavi
[3] Guard [0-60 Damage] [1 Hit Reflect]
[Passive Attack] Heating Mismanagement [5 Damage /Fire] => HeelNavi
** = Small Area Transformation => Lava Panels

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 100 HP / 100
Meltdown looked submissive and was about to hand over the data but his surprise attack worked. The Firehit struck the Heelnavi square in the chest, made even more destructive by a small magma fissue spawning below his feet. The Heelnavi staggered back and groaned.

"No one ever just gives it to me..." He muttered and quietly turned his arm into a triple-barrelled Vulcan cannon.

Meltdown didn't execute his signature attacks well, causing him to miss with both of them entirely. The Heelnavi avoided them easily and raised his own weapon to counter. Hiding behind his shield, Meltdown was able to reflect a single Vulcan round back at his aggressor but was struck by the second and third shots fired.

HeelNavi: 120 HP

Terrain: 90% Normal, 10% Lava

Meltdown: 80 HP
Meltdown's success was short lived; although his first attack hit its mark dead on, the Heelnavi was quick enough to dodge the second one. Even his defense wasn't good enough; one attack was met with the Guard shield, but a second and third wave of gunshots still managed to find their way into Meltdown's chest. Man, this navi's quick.

On the other end, Alan agreed. This navi was incredibly fast to have been hit by one attack and still dodge the second. New plan, use some more accurate and quicker attacks. Downloading Cannon and Shotgun chips... Once again the Cannon and Shotguns took their place on Meltdown's body; the large and powerful Cannon emerged on his right arm, while the quick and deadly Shotgun translated onto his left arm. Now look, the only way you're going to catch this guy is to use your lock-on ability. Plant yourself down and make sure you get both contacts this time.

But I'll be more defenseless to a counter-attack! Meltdown pointed out.

That doesn't matter. If you deal full damage with these, the enemy won't be around much longer to deal many counters. Alan explained.

I hope you're right...

This technique Meltdown was used to; not on the battlefield, but in the workplace. Meltdown, being a demolition navi, was used to planting his feet firmly into the ground by translating part of the ground datacode into his footpads. This allowed him to have a concrete bond to the ground around him. The advantage of doing so meant that his body could translate the power of his datablasters and wrecking balls into buildings; without the stance, Meltdown would simply not be strong enough to wield such power.

Using this technique on the battlefield, however, ensured the power of his next two attacks could be as powerful and fast as he liked without him losing aim from the sheer pushback of the weapons fired. Taking aim, Meltdown waited unitl the enemy was stationary and suseptible to attack.

FIRE! yelled Meltdown as he released both of his chips towards his foe at the same time. His aim was true, and the power of the weapons was fired at maximum. As both attacks hurled towards their mark, Meltdown tried to disconnect from the ground as fast as he could. Right now, he was a sitting duck.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Take Aim To Ensure Attacks Hit Their Target
[2] Cannon [40 Damage + Knockback] & [3] Shotgun [50 Damage + Spread 1] => HeelNavi

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 100 => 80 HP / 100
Raising The Heat [0/1 => 1/1] Charged
((You need to describe your passives in your RP.))

Standing his ground with his arms raised straight ahead, Meltdown took aim at the Heelnavi. In doing so, he accepted another set of Vulcan shots to his upper body.

"HAHAHAHA! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO FIGHT?" The Heelnavi cackled and taunted.

Fortunately, his arms stayed steady enough for him to lock onto the Heelnavi's movements. He quickly unloaded both weapons at his opponent in a flash of gunfire. Two explosive bursts knocked the Heelnavi back and off of his feet. Sprawled across the ground, he could only let out a groan as he tried to right himself. A random jet of fire shot out from Meltdown's shoulder as he disconnected himself from the lava panel beneath him.

HeelNavi: 30 HP [downed]

Meltdown: 50 HP
The agony of three shots of Vulcan wasn't enough to deter Meltdown from completing his moves. A grin ran across his face as the blows threw the enemy skyhigh, and the Heelnavi hit the ground hard.

Ground. Heh, it couldn't be this easy. Looking at the ground where the Heelnavi had fallen, one of the Lava panels was not too far away. He could draw on this for more power to complete his attack.

As he began to charge his power again, he watched as the Heelnavi began to get back up. He looked deep into his enemy's eyes and saw nothing but pure hatred and contempt. Weird, seeing as it was his fault he was in this situation. He had nobody to blame for his failure but himself.

As Meltdown reached full power, he sucked up the extra heat emanating off the Lava panels around him. Glowing brightly, he set his sights on the enemy ahead, and let all his energy flow from him. The ground rumbled like it hadn't before, and once again the blast of magma erupted all around the navi, soaking up the power of the lava panels, and began to close down on his position.

This attack didn't fool the navi the first time it was used, and Meltdown wasn't prepared to take the chance it would fail again. Last chip! RageClaw! he called out to Alan as he ran towards the carnage he had just created. Jumping through the dust and heat, he flipped through the air and landed behind the enemy. With the inferno in front of him and Meltdown behind him, the attack was perfect this time. The Heelnavi wasn't going to get away.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Raising The Heat [40 Damage /Fire] => HeelNavi
[2] Jump To Behind HeelNavi For Close-Range Melee Attack
[3] RageClaw [40 Damage] => HeelNavi (if alive)

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 80 => 50 HP / 100
As the Heelnavi tried to get back up, he was fiercely glaring towards Meltdown. "That piece of trash! He's going to GET IT!" When he was on his knees, he began to fire his Vulcan like a madman, irregardless of the damage it can do onto the chip. The Heelnavi's shot only made couple of hits, but the rest was just miles away. When the gun stopped on its own, Meltdown finished the navi off with single shot of his powerful magma!

"ARGH! THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME!" The Heelnavi activated his EJO sequence and left everything that he had onto the ground. Since there isn't anyone here, might as well take it, right?

HeelNavi: EJO

Meltdown: 30 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
700z + [Vulcan1] Battlechip

Vulcan1 -
Damage: 10 + Spread1
Accuracy: A
Description: Attacks with a minigun
Duration: 3 Shots
Element: None
{EMERGENCY JACK OUT PROCEDURE ACTIVATED.}
{TRANSFERRING HEELNAVI BACK TO SOURCE..........DONE.}

Meltdown was feeling pretty bad right about now. Alan, I'm pretty banged up out here...

Alan agreed. Yeah, any more damage and you risk an EJO yourself. I'm logging you out now.

Wait a second. Meltdown replied. Taking a look around him, Meltdown realised that what he'd achieved today was nothing. There was much more to do, and he'd need to be a lot more stronger to get there. Okay, take me back. Meltdown's data scrambled into transmission waves as he awaited PET collection functions.

{TARGETING [MELTDOWN.EXE] TRANSMISSION DATA..........DONE.}
{PREPARING DATA PATH FOR [MELTDOWN.EXE]..........DONE.}
{TRANSFERRING DATA BACK TO PET..........DONE}

[ENEMY DEFEATED!]
Zenny: 1250 => 1950
Get Battlechip: Vulcan1
Battlechips: 5 => 6

{JACK OUT TO ACDC AREA COMPLETE.}
{CHECKING INTEGRITY OF [MELTDOWN.EXE]..........DONE.}
{RESTARTING NETNAVI PET FUNCTIONS.....