There's A First For Everything

.....DONE}

"Did you arrive alright?"

Silence.

"Melt? Melt?"

"Yeah yeah, I'm here."

Alan breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay, just making sure. I was worried the new data might disrupt the travel process."

"Nope, I arrived in one piece. Now get it together and find me some virii already."

"Well, I uploaded you to a clean area of the net, just in case something goes wrong, so you'll have to go looking for some yourself."

"No probs. I'll let you know when I find some." Looking around his new environment, Meltdown noticed some burn marks to the ground not too far from him. "I guess I'll start over there."

[[[ BATTLE 1, START ]]]
Meltdown enters the net and sets out, hunting for viruses. Before long he finds some, three to be precise. A trio of mets sit in his way, though it looks like Meltdown can get the first move.

MetoolA: 40
MetoolB: 40
MetoolC: 40

Terrain: 100% Normal

Meltdown: 100

Battle 1 Start
I found some! I found some! giggled Meltdown like a schoolgirl.

Geez, you'd be the first person I know that actually gets excited about finding viruses... muttered Alan. So, what have we got?

Some funny yellow-hat black guys.

Hmm... that sounds like a Metool. How many?

Three. Nothing hard, right?

Yeah, shouldn't be a problem. Blast one with heat, another with this Cannon chip I'm sending you, and keep a lookout for any retaliation.

You mean virii can fight back?

Yes, so be careful. Alan quickly thought to himself. Better yet, just do as I say.

Yeah yeah, attacking now.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Raising The Heat [40 [color=red]Fire[/color] dmg] => MetoolA
[2] Cannon [40 dmg] => MetoolB
[3] Dodge
[Passive Attack] Heating Mismanagement [5 [color=red]Fire[/color] dmg] => Random Enemy

[Raising The Heat] [ _ ]

Meltdown: 100 HP
((SJ, it would be wise if you were to RP your navi's action rather than a small conversation...Hope this post would help you out.))

The Metools realized too late that a navi was near them, as one of them was burned to death by Meltdown. They prepared their pickaxes and attempted to retaliate, but another was blasted away by the Cannon chip. Alone, but brave, the last remaining Metool bashed his weapon against the ground and sent a shockwave straight towards the navi; despite the stray fireball that hit its face the moment before. Meltdown tried to dodge it, but the speed was much faster than he expected and got a notable scratch on his legs.

MetoolA: DELETED
MetoolB: DELETED
MetoolC: 35

Meltdown: 90
((Thanks, I'm still new to the whole "talk about your attacks" stuff. <_<))

A quick lash from the Metool struck Meltdown and knocked him straight off his feet. Landing quite hard on what navis would call their backside, Meltdown was suddenly not having fun at all.

Geez, that hurt.

Getting back up, he turned back to the Metool responsible for his downfall. He could have sworn there was a small grin on its little dark face.

You think that's funny? I'll show you!

Uploading a new chip now... called Alan from his communicator.

Meltdown's arm lit up, and quickly became just a white wave. Almost instantly, that same wave formed the shape of a small cannon-like gun, similar to his previous cannon, but not quite the same, just a little smaller.

Looking at his enemy, Meltdown moved into position, preparing himself for another attack and possible retaliation, in case this didn't finish "the challenge" off.

Ah, Shotgun. This should be interesting. Dodge THIS!

ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Shotgun [30 dmg] => MetoolC
[2] InCoRe [8 dmg] => MetoolC
[3] Dodge
[Passive Attack] Heating Mismanagement [5 Fire dmg] => Random Enemy

[Raising The Heat] [0/1 => 1/1] Charged

Meltdown: 90 HP

((Was that too much, too little? Feedback appreciated.))
((Alot better than before. It could still have more room for improvements!! Try looking through other member's threads for examples and inspirations. If you want something high quality, look into the tournament threads.))

The last Metool did indeed giggle at the wounded navi, but Metldown got his last laugh when the shotguns and his busters set ablaze. The Metool tried to hide underneath its protective helmet, but the bullets and fires deleted the virus instantly and left nothing but its helmet as its remain.

MetoolA: DELETED
MetoolB: DELETED
MetoolC: DELETED

-BATTLE WON!-
100z + [Guard1] Battlechip
Watching the Metools disappear in a flash of fire and smoke brought some joy back into Meltdown's otherwise furious face.

However, he was surprised to see the helmet remain behind.

Walking up to it, he had his fist clenched, just in case this was some kind of sneak attack. However, as he got closer, he felt more and more sure that it wasn't a trick. Picking it up, he played around with it. Seemed very solid. Pity the Metool didn't put it to better use.

See if you can do anything with this, Alan. Transmitting now.

On the other end, Alan received the data. Hmm. I wonder if this could convert to chip data... he thought to himself. Opening up a chip encoding program, Alan placed an empty chip into the PET. With a few clicks and hums, the chip popped back out with fresh data. Most rewarding.

Back in the navi world, Meltdown looked around. It looked as if something really big had recently done this damage. Meltdown bent down to feel the ground. Yep, there was definitely something weird about the damage.

Suddenly, he heard somebody move behind him. Swivelling on the sport, Meltdown twirled around to see another set of virii.

Round 2?

[ENEMY DEFEATED!]
Zenny: 0z => 100z
Get Battlechip: Guard1
Battlechips: 3 => 4

[NAVI INFO]
Meltdown: 90 HP / 100
Raising The Heat [1/1] Charged

[[[BATTLE 2, START!]]]

(((Any better?)))
The viruses standing behind Meltdown were identified as two OldStoves and a Powie. They all looked fairly slow moving but were spaced far apart, almost to the point of surrounding the lone navi.

OldStove: 50 HP
Powie: 60 HP

[Battle 2 - Begin!]
Turning to face his opponents, Meltdown identified them one by one. Well, two by one; after all, two virii were identical. One clearly shared his strength in fire, and the other his love for destruction. Pity he couldn't use them in his workplace...

The heat I can handle, so I should probably take out the crusher first. he thought to himself. Although he wasn't too sure about that either. After all, it was only his second battle, and he knew they couldn't all be this easy. One could hope though.

Alan felt the same. This was his second battle too. So, what do you want to do?

Meltdown didn't have long to think about this; the virii were already charging for an attack. If he wanted the upper hand, now was the time to move. Upload the Shotgun and Guard chips, and I'll take care of the rest. Moving into position, Meltdown allowed himself to get in tune with the energy in his surroundings; this was essential if he was to attempt Raising The Heat. At the same time, his left arm shapeshifted to form the Shotgun he had used the battle before. It had worked well before, hopefully it would be useful again. Finally, the deployable shield slid underneath his right arm, allowing for free movement of his hands until deployment was necessary.

As he felt himself come into sync with the flow of heat, Meltdown, equipped with his battlechips, charged forward towards the lone Powie, heat in hand, with his shotgun ready to fire and shield to deploy.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Raising The Heat [40 dmg /Fire] => Powie
[2] Shotgun [30 dmg /1+1] => Powie
[3] Guard1 [1-hit protection activated, max 60 dmg]
[Passive Attack] Heating Mismanagement [5 dmg /Fire] => Random Enemy

[NAVI STATS]
Raising The Heat [0/1] Depleted
((Sj, the shotgun can do 40 damage as well as spread to another target. My bad that I didn't point that out earlier. Here's the chip list, so you can check what chips does what in this site. Link ))

The Powie was hit with a one-two combo from Meltdown, immediately causing it to violently shake and disintegrate into nothing. As soon as he was done with his attack, the navi turned defensive, just in time for the OldStove viruses to attack. The fire spewed at the navi was instantly reflected back and inflicted extra damage with his automated fire.

OldStove: 30 HP
Powie: DELETED

(((Thanks Goroke. Now that you mention it, the Gun page says it should be 50 damage... sweet.)))

A Powie's remains floated in the air, and one OldStove's plating was beginning to crack. Thanks to a bit of quick thinking, fast preparation and spot-on battling, Meltdown now had a distinct advantage. But this was no time to get cocky; the battle wasn't over yet.

What do you want next? questioned Alan. With only two choices remaining, there wasn't really much selection to choose from. I must get more battlechips for him. Alan thought to himself.

Only two virii remained on the battlefield. Meltdown knew that if he played his next move right, the battle would be over. However, it was going to take a little bit of luck to land all of his attacks. Send me Rageclaw.

As the data finished downloading, Meltdown looked upon the finished product; after all, he'd never seen a RageClaw before. Three fingers, huge nails and ugly brown hair all together to make one really nasty weapon. Meltdown was impressed. And just think, this is only the basic version! he chuckled to himself. RageClaw, a weapon primarily designed to hack apart multiple enemies; and that's exactly what he planned to do.

Looking at the field in front of him, it only made sense to finish off what he had already started, and then take out the remaining virus. Kneeling down, Meltdown suddenly thrust himself into the air, ready to land on the same location that the damaged OldStove was currently sitting on.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] RageClaw [40 dmg] => OldStoveA [5/6]
[2] RageClaw [40 dmg] => OldStoveB [4/6]
[3] RageClaw [40 dmg] => OldStoveB [3/6]

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown takes out his Rageclaw and begins swinging at the two remaining viruses. First, the half dead Oldstove is struck and bites the dust. The other virus soon meets a similar fate after two more blows manage to connect. Thus, Meltdown is safe once again.

OldStove: DELETED!
OldStove: DELETED!
Powie: DELETED

Rewards: 300z
In a blur of speed, Meltdown slashed his enemies into deletion, enjoying the entire process. What a rush! RageClaw allowed him to feel the action up close, none of this "stand-at-a-distance rubbish".

As the final virii disintegrated into random data, Meltdown realized he'd just won his second netbattle. The look on his face could've made even the most downheartened navi smile. Hey, this isn't as as hard as it looks... he thought to himself.

After inspecting the damage caused to the ground, Meltdown noticed that there was a small trail of cracks that led out of the crater and off into the distance. Meltdown lookd to see where they ended, but they stretched out further than he could see.

Time for another walk. With that, he picked himself up and followed the cracked path.

However, this little trip was in for an interruption...

[ENEMY DEFEATED!]
Zenny: 100z => 400z

[NAVI INFO]

[[[BATTLE 3, START!]]]
And interruption Meltdown faced!

As he was talking alone, a creepy crackle was heard just behind the navi! When he turned around to investigate, there were three Canodumbs he never saw before aiming straight at him! Quickly, he tried to hide into safety, but he was suddenly welcomed with the Spooky that was just behind him as well!!

-Front-
CanodumbA: 50 HP
CanodumbB: 50 HP
CanodumbC: 50 HP

-Behind-
SpookyA: 30 HP
SpookyB: 30 HP

-BATTLE THREE, START!-
Surrounded?!

One line of virii was bad enough, but two at once was going to be difficult. Somewhat accurate canons and some very evasive ghosts meant that this battle could get messy before it was over.

Okay, calm down. More enemies doesn't mean the battle is over. In fact, this could be easily turned in our favour. As logic began to return to the navi's mind, it became clear what was necessary to do.

Requiring Shotgun data! As he waited for Alan to load the battlechip, he once again prepared himself for a surge of energy. After all, Raising The Heat was some hot work. As the chip transformed itself onto Meltdown's right arm, fierce flames burst out of his left arm.

The plan was simple: in its current state, the battle favoured the enemy simply because of the division of power. If Meltdown could deal major damage to both areas at once, it would definitely help his situation.

Now that he was charged and ready, it was time to attack. Bursting forward, Meltdown aimed his Shotgun at the closest available Canodumb and felt a sense of power as the blast left his buster and headed straight for the enemy. But no time to wait for the result; instantly Meltdown did a 180 on the spot and, catching a Spooky in range, released a rather nasty heatwave at the enemy. All that was left to do was to see who would attack first and hope that Meltdown would be ready for it. Would it be front or back?

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Shotgun [50 dmg] => CanodumbA (spread to CanodumbB or CanodumbC)
[2] Raising The Heat [40 dmg /Fire] => SpookyA
[3] Dodge

[NAVI STATS]
Raising The Heat: [0/1] Depleted
The shotgun fired straight towards the Canodumbs, who helplessly stood there as it could only watch its end. The bullets crashed and deleted two of them, but the rest of the bullets just couldn't reach the third one, who immediately by shooting straight back. The navi was able to dodge the shot and he continued his attack, deleting the Spooky behind him!

-Front-
CanodumbA: DELETED
CanodumbB: DELETED
CanodumbC: 45 HP

-Behind-
SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: 30 HP

As the Canodumbs deteriorated into nothing, the final Canodumb was looking a little scared. Wait, virii can think? Everybody knows that virii are just stupid enemies needing deletion. But then, why is it shaking? If it wasn't aware of its surroundings, then it has no need to shake...

Such thoughts as these ran through Meltdown's mind. Was it right to kill a being, just because it is a threat to your own well-being? Is such destruction of beings considered murder, even if it's in self-defense? No, you can't think like this. They'd kill you without a moment's hesitation, and you need to do the same.

Shouldn't you?

Okay, what do you want next? asked Alan, a little relieved the last attack went the way they wanted it to without any repercussion.

Snapping out of his deep thoughts, Meltdown turned his attention back to the battle. Only two virii left to go. A quick Cannon and a couple of lashes with a RageClaw should ensure victory, but he'd need to watch his footing; two battle directions meant an easy sneak attack was still possible from either side, and the Spooky hadn't even been damaged yet.

Cannon and RageClaw battlechips please! As he prepared the data, his left arm morphed into the Cannon blaster he knew and loved, and his right arm transformed into the three-nail bear paw that had ensured him victory in the last battle. Taking aim, he released the Cannon fire as hard and accurately as he could toward the remaining Spooky. As soon as the last of the stray fire left the tube, he again spun around and threw himself at the Canodumb, paw ready to slash his foe to pieces.

Think you can handle THIS?

[ATTACK PLAN]
[1] Cannon [40 damage] => SpookyB
[2] RageClaw [40 damage] => CanodumbC [5/6 Remaining]
[3] RageClaw [40 damage] => CanodumbC [4/6 Remaining]
[Passive Attack] Heating Mismanagement [5 Damage /Fire] => Random Enemy

[NAVI STATS]
Raising The Heat [0/1 => 1/1] Charged
A small jet of hot air scorched the Spooky enough to distract it from the real danger of Metldown's Cannon. The ghostly virus was destroyed by the blast immediately. The navi turned to finish off the final Canodumb with a Rageclaw and slashed once but failed to realized it had loaded a round into its barrel. The straightforward attack was a bad idea and Meltdown took the full brunt of the cannonshell in his chest. Unhindered by the hit, he charged in again to give another slash and end the battle. With all traces of viral activity terminated, a small cache of zenny revealed itself on the field.

-Front-
CanodumbA: DELETED
CanodumbB: DELETED
CanodumbC: DELETED

-Behind-
SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: DELETED

Meltdown: 70 HP

[Battle 3 - Victory!]

Get: 450z
Taking the hit straight to the chest, Meltdown groaned in pain. You won't be rid of me that easily! retorted the navi. A second slash, fuelled by a little want for revenge, sent the Canodumb to the pits of deletion.

Stopping in the centre of the field, Meltdown inspected the damage. Well that wasn't fun.

Are you alright? said a worried Alan through his communicator. Was it natural for navis to take damage from battles? When was it okay to stop the fight? Do you want me to pull you out?

Making some small adjustments to his chest, Meltdown got back up. That won't be necessary. Getting out of here when we've only had three battles? Not cool! I want more! laughed Meltdown.

Looking back to the path, Meltdown realised it had disappeared. Instead were some freshly planted tiles to fill the spaces where the path was. Already the network had noticed the damage and fixed the problem. Now the only problem was that Meltdown couldn't follow the path to see where it went.

Well? What now? asked Alan.

The navi thought for a minute. We'll stick around. More virii are bound to show up. he finally decided. And he didn't have to wait long, either...

[ENEMY DEFEATED!]
Zenny: 400 => 850

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 70 HP / 100

[[[BATTLE 4, START!]]]
A pair of boxing glove-wielding Champus and two plain looking Swordy viruses seemed to be agitated with each other. Meltdown couldn't understand what they were saying, if anything, but he could guess that they were trying to determine who was stronger. While the Champus pounded their mitts together in rapid pounding motions, the swordys slashed the air with clean strokes of their long blades. Neither was willing to back down. One of the Champus noticed Meltdown's fiery presence and alerted the other viruses. They all turned and decided to attack him together rather than argue with one another. Teamwork! Yeah!

ChampuA: 60 HP
ChampuB: 60 HP
Swordy-NA: 60 HP
Swordy-NB: 60 HP

Meltdown: 70 HP

[Battle 4 - Begin!]