SpookyE: 50
BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: 50
BunnyC: 50
BunnyD: 50
BunnyE: 50

Runeknight: 120

Battle 14 Start!
"Sire," Runeknight cautioned. "Another mass quantity of viruses is approaching."

"I see them Runeknight," Zan nodded as he spoke. "About eighteen viral signatures in total. I am in the process of securing a few more choice BattleChips so suit tight and do what you can to survive while Persephone finished brokering this trade."

"Persephone..." Runeknight's voice seemed a tad forlorn. "How is the Lady?"

"No time for questions. Just avoid being hit and I'll send you those chips as soon as possible."

"As you say Sire."

Runeknight glanced calmly at the approaching viruses. It was as large a horde as he had ever seen with grounded viruses being supported by aerial creatures and a number of corrupted gun turrets placed here and there. Runeknight was a tad concerned, due to his lack of NetOp support, but he was confident in his abilities to handle the viruses until Zan could return.

"At least there are no Spikeys," he chuckled to himself. "Might as well achieve a favorable position for when I shall once again have access to my weaponry."

The Navi broke into a static run, doing his best to present himself as difficult a target as possible. He pivoted every couple of yards, his strong legs sending his armored form to the left and right to randomize his movements. His spear vanished from his grasp so that he could run unencumbered and allow him a better chance to dodge any incoming projectiles.

Runeknight spotted a lone bunny hopping toward him and he began a quick chant. Cobalt flames escaped from small crevasses in his armor to dance along the length of his left arm. The fires moved along the smooth, jet black surface, grouping together in the Navi's palm to form a perfect sphere of churning flames. Holding the dark blue inferno within his grasp, Runeknight changed his direction and gave a sudden leap toward the Bunny. He reached out his with left arm, shouting one final word of command, and the sphere exploded into a pillar of blue flames that extended from his palm and threatened to engulf the rabbit-like virus.

Pivoting even as he landed, Runeknight switched directions once more and continued his broken run across the battlefield. At last he spotted an appropriate spot and he slowed his charge. Here he would make his stand. Here would he, with the might of his Lord's arsenal, drive back the viral hordes.

Summary:
1,2: Dodge
3. Rune Blast(90) to BunnyE
4. Dodge
Runeknight's lone attack hits its mark, and his masses of dodging allows him to sidestep the counterattacks from the virus crowd with ease.

SeedbatA: 50
SeedbatB: 50
SeedbatC: 50
SeedbatD: 50
CanodumbA: 50
CanodumbB: 50
CanodumbC: 50
CanodumbD: 50
SpookyA: 50
SpookyB: 50
SpookyC: 50
SpookyD: 50
SpookyE: 50
BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: 50
BunnyC: 50
BunnyD: 50
BunnyE: DELETED

Runeknight: 120
Runeknight rounded on the group of viruses, a renewed vigor empowering him. He could feel it now, the rush of energy that signaled the release of the spells held inside him. Raw power flowed from within him, reaching out from the center of his being to fill every inch of his body. He held out his hand, willing the surge of energy to materialize the weaponry granted upon him by his Lord. A large boomerang appeared in one hand as a searing ball of flames materialized in the other.

"Sire?" Runeknight asked.

"A Boomerang and a Flameline. The trade just finished going through so I figured you could use the help." Zan answered with a smile.

"Thank you, Sire."

Runeknight hefted the boomerang in his left hand, lifting the weapon back and above his head, as he took aim at the remaining rabbit viruses. He smirked beneath his visor as he hurled the wooden projectile forward. It spun rapidly in the air as it soared toward the viruses, bearing down on the hopping rabbits in a wide, destructive path.

Runeknight was already moving, cradling the infernal sphere in his other palm. A group of leafy bats fluttered above the battlefield and Runeknight took aim at the strange creatures. He raised his hand, the flames erupting forth in a line of oppressive heat and searing decimation. The flames threatened to engulf most of the bats, threatened to burn their wings to crisps and send them tumbling down from their lofty perch above the field of battle.

Another BattleChip surged through Runeknight's body as Zan slotted the chip into the PET. His spear appeared in a flash of cobalt light, its shaft glowing with a liquid aura. Runeknight began to twirl the weapon, spinning it faster and faster as he strafed along the outskirts of the viral horde. The weapon began a low whistle as it ripped through the air. Runeknight pivoted to the left, switching his grip on the spear to allow it to swing freely away from his body. The aura separated itself from the spear, hurdling toward a group of turrets like a rushing wave.

Runeknight raised his right arm to protect his body. His jet black armor responded to a final surge of energy, the blackened steel of his forearm expanding to create a massive shield. Runeknight hefted the black and cobalt shield, using it to protect him as he continued to circle the group of viruses.

Summary:
Knightly Aura is Active (Damage Reduction of 10 for 2 hits)
1. Boomerang(60x2) to BunnyA, B, and C
2. Flameline(70x2) to SeedbatA, B, and C
3. Wideshot(80) to CanodumbA, B and C
4. Guard1 to self
The stationary Canodumbs get torn apart by the wave, and the rising flames engulf the Seedbats. Only two of the nimble bunnies, however, get deleted by the boomerang. The surviving targeted one fires off a shot in vengeance, only to have itself ddanaged and stunned by the reflected attack. A spooky manages to hit, but the aura surrounding Runeknight made the damage unremarkable.

SeedbatA: DELETED
SeedbatB: DELETED
SeedbatC: DELETED
SeedbatD: 50 HP
CanodumbA: DELETED
CanodumbB: DELETED
CanodumbC: DELETED
CanodumbD: 50 HP
SpookyA: 50 HP
SpookyB: 50 HP
SpookyC: 50 HP
SpookyD: 50 HP
SpookyE: 50 HP
BunnyA: DELETED
BunnyB: 30 HP (Stunned!)
BunnyC: DELETED
BunnyD: 50 HP

Runeknight: 115 HP
Runeknight shuddered in slight disgust as on of the ghost like viruses slathered its tongue across the Navi's armor. Runeknight jumped back to remove himself from the virus' range and cocked back his fist to deliver a mighty punch. He could feel the BattleChip energy surging through him once more, forming a searing heat that turned his blackened steel fist glow a cherry red. Crimson flames sprouted as Runeknight thrust his fist toward the Spooky. The flames leaped from his armor and sailed toward the ghostlike virus.

Runeknight turned to face the rest of the viruses as the flames died down. He raised his arm, seemingly grasping at the thin air, and a black lacquered crossbow materialized in his hand. Runeknight gazed across the battlefield, picking his targets carefully. A rabbit like virus hopped in front of one of the stationary turrets and Runeknight smiled. It was almost too easy. The Navi rested the stock of the crossbow against his armored shoulder, taking careful aim before slipping his finger over the trigger and squeezing softly. The crossbow twanged and an arrow set sail, ripping through the air with incredible speed. Seconds before reaching its target, the arrow exploded and released a hailstorm of iron pellets intent on shredding the viruses in its path.

Runeknight raised the crossbow, holding it in one hand as he loaded another arrow into the notch and drew back the string until it clicked into the lock. A damp white cloth was wrapped around the tip of the quarrel and Runeknight lit the cloth aflame with a spark from his metallic armor. Runeknight took aim at the remaining fluttering Seedbat, taking note of another rabbit hopping just below the leafy virus. Runeknight pulled the trigger on the crossbow, the flaming arrow leaving a crimson streak through the air as it sailed toward the viruses. With any luck, the flames would spread from the bat to the wounded rabbit below.

A final BattleChip surged through Runeknight's systems and the Navi raised his right arm in response. Once more, the black and cobalt shield formed from his armored shell. Runeknight raised the shield, using it to protect himself from any counterattacks from the wild viruses.

Summary:
1. FireHit(60) to SpookyA
2. Shotgun(50) to BunnyD with splash(50) to CanodumbD
3. Heatshot(40x2) to SeedbatB with splash(40) to BunnyB
4. Guard1 to self
Runeknight delivers a punishing blow to the Spooky that had damaged him, before firing off a shot at the Bunny. At the last moment, however, the bunny dodges, causing the Shotgun to hit the canodumb instead! The second bunny cannot even dodge the splash from the Heatshot due to its stun, and can only watch helplessly as first the seedbat is torched, then itself. Another spooky attacks, but the guard reflects its own tongue back at itself.

SeedbatD: DELETED
CanodumbD: DELETED
SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: 35 HP
SpookyC: 50 HP
SpookyD: 50 HP
SpookyE: 50 HP
BunnyB: DELETED
BunnyD: 50 HP

"Bah," Runeknight cursed as one Bunny escaped the death he had planned. "Then we shall have to rely on luck once more."

"The DBLBeam?" Zan asked.

"Yes Sire. It is not certain, but with it we have the chance of finishing this battle here and now."

"Oh?"

"Yes Sire. Send me the DBLBeam and the RageClaw."

Zan hesitated. He did not like sending his Navi the RageClaw BattleChip. There was something about the coding of the chip that had strange effects on the Navi. It made him more violent, more willing to inflict cruel harm on those he considered his victims. It was an oddity that Zan had seen several times now and he didn't want to subject his Navi to anymore issues with the BattleChip. However, Runeknight was correct. If luck was on their side, the DBLBeam and the RageClaw could end this battle without any further issue.

"Fine..." Zan slotted in the two BattleChips.

Runeknight felt the surge of energy sparking his nerves, sending jolts of power along his body. He raised his hand, willing the DBLBeam to materialize within his palm. There was a flash of cobalt light followed by a swirl of data that formed a small floating cube. The DBLBeam hovered about an inch above Runeknight's palm, slowing spinnings as it flashed with alternating red and blue lights. Runeknight offered a soft prayer to the goddess of fate and tossed the cube into the air. The DBLBeam grew in size, becoming a massive figure as it rotated faster and faster. The red and blue light splashed over the battlefield, illuminating everything in the immediate area.

Runeknight's spear appeared in his hand, though it did not retain its form for long. The steel shaft of the spear shrunk into nothingness as the spearhead split into three curved fangs. The claws attached themselves to the back of Runeknight's jet black gauntlet. The Navi smirked beneath his visor, a cruel thing rarely seen on Runeknight's face. He let loss a rabid snarl as he began his attack.

Runeknight charged toward the rabbit virus that had eluded its death mere moments before. The Navi's claws shined with an strange crimson light amidst the darkness. Runeknight raised the claws above his head, thrusting down in a scooping motion in order to hurl the bunny through the air. The muscles beneath his armor bulged with an incredible strength. The Navi laughed cruelly, attempting to smash the poor virus into one of his comrades.

"Die...Die...DIE!" Runeknight shouted as he dashed toward the next virus that confronted him.

The wicked claws slashed down, leaving crimson streaks hanging in the air. He pivoted to the lefts, thrusting the claws toward another of the ghostly viruses. His pushed with all his strength, attempting to lift the virus into the air and smash it down upon another. The Navi was in a frenzy, crazed with blood lust and the thrill of battle.

Summary:
1. DBLBeam(30) to all viruses or heal to Runeknight
2. RageClaw(20) to BunnyD and SpookyB
3. RageClaw(40) to SpookyE
4. RageClaw(20) to SpookyD and SpookyC
(I swear, every time I flip the coin to determine your DBLBEAM attack, it always comes up heads! Every time!)

The cube flashes red, blowing away the enemies in its path, before Runeknight comes in to finish the job!

SeedbatD: DELETED
CanodumbD: DELETED
SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: DELETED
SpookyC: DELETED
SpookyD: DELETED
SpookyE: DELETED
BunnyB: DELETED
BunnyD: DELETED

-Victory!-
Prizes: 700z, Recov30
"Runeknight!" Zan yelled to his Navi.

He received no answer. The Navi known as Runeknight was lost in the throws of an unimaginable rage. Impaled on the Navi's crimson stained claws was the remains of a rabbit like virus. Runeknight held the creature aloft with one arm as he repeatedly smashed his armored fist into the remains. Digitized blood splattered the air in a crimson mist, like a somber rain that fell upon Runeknight' jet black armor. With a cry of unrestrained fury, Runeknight smashed the virus into the ground and began to rend it limp from limp with his razor sharp claws.

"The Claws..." Zan whispered to himself.

The NetOp knew what he had to do. With rapid movements, his fingers clattered across the keyboard. Several small windows popped up in response until, finally, he reached the screen he was looking for. He glanced at his Navi once more, the crazed knight having moved on to the remains of one of the ghostlike creatures. Zan hesitated, unsure of the outcome of his actions, but the sight of his Navi steeled his nerve. He smashed down on the keyboard, executing a command that would forcefully remove the BattleChip data from his Navi.

Crimson sparked erupted from the claws attached to Runeknight's black gauntlets. The Navi howled in pain, a feral sound more animal than man. He reared back, his arm convulsing, as a crimson light pulsed within him. Still the claws remained, holding fast, as though they had a mind of their own. The glitch within the BattleChip was more pronounced than Zan had first thought.

"Damn it!" The NetOp cursed. "There's no choice..."

If the forced removal of the chip would not work, then Zan had one final option short of an emergency jack out. It was a risky situation, but he was resolved to quickly reboot Runeknight's systems to before the RageClaw BattleChip was activated. He quickly typed another long line of code on his laptop as the Navi continued to snarl and howl. Finished, Zan offered a quick prayer and hit the enter key.

On the screen, Runeknight's image seemed to blur and fade, lines of static rippling through the frozen figure. The operation seemed to last for minutes, though only a few moments had ticked by on the wall clock. The static stopped and Runeknight's image cleared. The Navi dropped to the ground, dazed and confused.

"Urrrg..." The Navi moaned. "What...What happened?"

"Runeknight!" Zan shouted once more. "Are you alright?"

"All systems seem normal. Have I been injured? The last thing I remember, we were confronted with a mass of viruses."

"The battle is over. The viruses are destroyed."

"So...So I see." Runeknight stared, shocked at the carnage that surrounded him. "What beast committed such atrocities?"

"I'm not sure." Zan lied. "Your systems froze up and when I rebooted you, I found the area like this. Perhaps we should jack ot so that I can check your systems further?"

"Nay Sire. I feel fine. Whatever ailment overcame me has fled now. I wish to continue."

Zan hesitated, but he acquiesced to his Navi's wishes. He knew the real problem. There was something terribly wrong with the RageClaw BattleChip he had acquired. It was tainted somehow. Zan resolved to never use the BattleChip again. He would destroy it if he had to.

"Alright then...Let's go."

((Battle 15))
((WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? BATTLE 15?

WELL THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!))

Suddenly... a navi approaches.

A navi, more particularly, wearing a hooded cloak, with images of the known (And unknown) Universe flashing by. Occasionally the images change, but currently the display is a serene one, full of stars and brightly colored galaxies. His face cannot be seen, nor can most of his body (Excluding his hands and feet). He wears a simple black glove on each hand, and simple, thick-soled boots cover his feet. Unlike the rest of his outfit, the boots look old, and worn-- but you don't get the feeling that they're worn from battles... but from the many steps of a well-travelled man.

Then, just as quickly and suddenly as he arrived, he spoke, somehow speaking with two voices at once. The first of the voices is a calm, near-monotone voice, with a slight edge of condescendence to it. The second is a gruff, deep voice, which seems to chuckle ever so slightly as it talks. "I am Uni. I am only here because you require a challenge... a test of power, if you will.

Let the test begin."

Uni: 1500

Runeknight: 115
Runeknight stared at the Navi that had suddenly stood before him. The Navi was strange, with a pronounced aura of mystery and power. There were far too many of these sorts of Navi lurking deep in the Net and, for some odd reason, they all seemed to be singling out Runeknight on this particular patrol.

"By the Gods," Runeknight groaned under his breath.

"What is it about the deep net," Zan thought simultaneously. "That brings out these cloaked weirdos?"

The NetOp attempted a quick scan of the cloaked Navi to gain a bit of a strategic advantage, but his scans came up with nothing important, practically nothing at all. He sighed inwardly. After a series of progressively difficult battles, including a few close encounters, here was another mysterious Navi wanting to pick a fight."

"Sire?" Runeknight asked aloud.

"Up to you." Was Zan's only answer.

Runeknight stared at the cloaked Navi, attempting to gauge his strengths and true intentions. The Navi seemed powerful and he didn't seem like he had any ulterior motives. However, why had he come to challenge Runeknight? And why did he seem so damn sure of himself? What was going on?

"A test of power?" Runeknight repeated the words, testing them. "I was not aware that I needed such. However, your offer of a duel seems genuine. I have already fought long and hard on this patrol, but I shall not decline a challenge truly given. I accept, Uni." Runeknight's spear appeared in his hands in flash of cobalt light. He leveled it at the cloaked Navi as he spoke. "Prepare to defend yourself."

In a burst of speed, Runeknight leaped back and away from Uni. Zan was already quickly slotting in BattleChips and their energy was surging through the armored Navi. A small, crystal sphere appeared in Runeknight's left hand. It was cool to the touch, leaving a layer of frost that covered his jet black armor. He hurled the sphere toward Uni, the crystals shattering to unleash an avalanche of ice and snow.

Behind the wave of frosty debris, Runeknight was bathed in cobalt light from another BattleChip. The Navi envisioned the space behind Uni, locking it in his mind as he willed himself to be there. The cobalt light swirled around him and he was gone. A second flash of energy deposited him behind the cloaked Navi, a massive sword clasped in both hands. Runeknight leaped into the air, smashing down with the zanbato with all of his strength. The steel coated stone blade shattered as it made contact, though Runeknight could not be sure of what he hit with all of the snow and dust obscuring his vision.

The remains of the zanbato dissipated in his grasp and Runeknight jumped back a few feet, scanning the battlefield for any sign of the cloaked Navi. Behind his visor, his clear blue eyes cast back and forth. He was determined to be ready for any counter attack. He would not allow the strange Navi to catch him unawares.

Summary:
Knightly Aura is Active: (Damage Reduction of 10 for 2 hits)
1. iceWave1(80) to Uni
2. AreaGrab teleport to behind Uni
3. BigHammer1(160) to Uni
4. Dodge
Runeknight's first attack slammed into Uni from the front, and froze him long enough for the second strike to hit. When the dust settled, however, Uni was gone.

"A worthy adversary... but if that is the best you can do, I'm afraid this battle will be quite short." A whisper came in Runeknight's ear, and he turned to find Uni behind him, charging up an attack of some kind. He jumped away at the last second, and what looked like a small star shot out of... Uni's cloak?! The navi in question chuckled. "At the very least, you do seem to be quick on the uptake."

Uni turned to face Runeknight, and three more stars shot out of the cloak. The first struck Runeknight and exploded, showering him in stardust, while the second merely pushed the already moving Ruenknight out of the way of the third. (20)

Uni: 1260

Runeknight: 95
"Ugh," Runeknight staggered back as a star exploded into his chest. "What sorcery is this?"

"Did," Zan interrupted. "Did his cloak just attack you?"

"I believe so, Sire. It is a powerful magic."

"Then keep out of the way." Zan cautioned.

Runeknight nodded as he dashed to the left of the mysterious Navi. His charge carried him past Uni, hopefully out of reach of the cloaked figure's powerful magic. Runeknight pivoted, twisting quickly to the right, making a complete turn that left him facing Uni once more. He had begun a quiet chant, familiar words in an ancient tongue that stirred the mystical powers that dwelt within the Navi.

Runeknight's jet black armor gained an azure hue as his chanting grew deeper. An aura of bright light surrounded his body, the powerful energies repairing the dents and cracks in his armor and restoring his strength and vitality. However, the spell could not simply dismiss the weariness and the pain, it could not make them vanish as a puff of smoke would vanish in a strong wind. All of that negative energy had to go somewhere.

Runeknight raised his arm, fingers outstretched and pointing toward Uni. A circle of darkness opened below the cloaked Navi, its surface writhing with an unknown malignancy. As Runeknight's chant reached a crescendo, his voice reverberating throughout the whole of the battlefield, jet black flames erupted from the darkness. The pillars of dark flames writhed and twisted, convulsing in on themselves as they attempted to consume the cloaked Navi who stood between them.

"Begone..." Runeknight uttered the word, his voice echoing across the darkness.

A third pillar of flames, an inferno of cobalt fire, flared up in the center of the darkness. It was stronger than the writhing darkness, consuming its brothers to rise higher and burn brighter. Waves of heat wafted over Runeknight as the fires roared like an angry god. Cobalt light danced across the Net and Runeknight stared intently into the flames, their dancing lights reflecting eagerly in his eyes.

Runeknight raised his arm to block his body, the blackened steel lengthening to form a large shield. He doubted that the mysterious Navi was defeated. It would have been far to easy. Runeknight raised the shield. He was ready, willing and prepared to fight.

Summary:
Knightly Aura is Active: (Damage Reduction of 10 for 2 hits)
1. Dodge
2. Rune Purge(70) to Uni with a (30) heal to Runeknight
3. Rune Blast(90) to Uni
4. Guard1 to self
Runeknight's attacks weren't the only thing to strike Uni, as a figure shot past Uni, slashing where Uni was lkely to be within the firey tower with its weapon, which seemed to be a Scythe, but it was hard to make out with the flames that had been pulled along its trajectory. Only once the figure had skidded to a halt on his boots was anyone able to take in the appearance. The scythe itself colored white and gold, longer than the figure is tall. The figure itself colored in direct contrast to the weapon, being black almost all over, except a few markings under his eyes and his chest.

A night sky full of cries...
Hearts filled with lies...

Shinokami stood up slowly, facing towards Runeknight, opening his eyes as he did, staring with eyes devoid of color, instead being grey and lifeless.

"My current Master wishes me to aid you in your fight. For sake of niceities, pray tell me your name. My own is Shinokami."

Shinokami glanced over his shoulder.

The contract...
Is it worth the price?
A soul pledged to the darkness...

"Your defeat will be a sweet crescendo. A glorious swan-song, befitting of my Master."

Shinokami thrust out his empty hand again, throwing an invisible force towards Uni, before returning to his neutral combat stance. Kamoku had already pushed in a Guard chip. Shinokami was waiting for the right moment to use it, conjuring up a wall crafted of shadows to protect him.

Now I've lost it...
I know I can kill...
The truth exists beyond the gates.

((1 - Musou Tenshou Yoku no Jin (70) @ Uni))
((2 - Shotgun (50) @ Uni))
((3 - Guard1 (Reflect 60-) ))
(Woah, woah, hold up. Nal, did you clear this with Zan before you rushed in? And Zan, if you did clear this, you realize that starting team battling resets the battle count to Battle 1, right?)
((Resets it to 1? I have never heard of this rule.

...And this just gives me a good excuse to have Uni stop holding back. THANKS NAL, YOU JUST GOT ZAN SLAUGHTERED. HA HA HA.))

Modding now.
(That's what I always heard, Twi. Just becuase someone jumping in at battle 16 to get to battle twenty wouldn't really be that fair.)
((On hold until this is clarified. Check topic in Modcave for details, Mods.))
((SORT'D!

Also, I forgot to add in the damage reduction from Knightly Aura before. This has been fixed.

Also-Also, from this point on it's been CLARIFIED that someone joining you resets your battle count to one. We're making an exception this time because it would be unfair to smack you with an unwritten rule.

Alsox3, if you spot any errors in this modpost, PM me and let me know.))

Uni: 1010

Runeknight: 125
Shinokami: 40

The Rune Purge does indeed hit Uni, who recoils just long enough for the Rune Blast to hit him. Runeknight then pulls up his Guard... just in time for a star to strike it. (20)

Uni cursed under his breath. So... he's not as weak as he appears. Well then, I'll just have to step this up a notch- GYAAAA! Uni spun around when Shinokami struck him, two stars flying out to strike Shinokami in reflex. (30) (30)

"So... you would intrude upon a fair battle...?" Uni's head lowered. "There's a reason I've always hated you fucking FURRIES!" Uni disappeared from where he stood, the shotgun missing in response. He reappeared behind Shinokami and his guard, and whispered in his ear. "And that... is because you don't know how to mind your own business..."

Shinokami spun to face Uni, but said action was useless anyway; the serene images on Uni's cloak had disappeared, and a monstrous Black Hole had taken their place, coming to life ever so slowly in front of Uni. When there was a sudden, loud intake of air, Shinokami realized that the Black Hole was trying to suck him in! That thing had some strong suction, too... if he lost his balance and fell, he'd be sucked right in.