The Dark Knight Returns Once More!

With a final attack, the viruses vanish in a swarm of data.

Runeknight:120HP

Rewards:400z, Zapring
((How am I at 120Hp? Just wondering before I post...))
((Viruses attacked before they died. Or ninjas stabbed you. Your choice. Well, not really, but... yeah. I'm stupid right now.))
((No worries. Just wondering for magical RP reasons.))

Runeknight grunted as twin logs, one riddled with holes and the other alight with lingering black flames, were hurled toward him. It was a last ditch effort from the two viruses, one final act of defiance, and it was practically unavoidable. Runeknight braced himself, the two logs colliding into his chest and pushing the knightly Navi back a few inches. His armor had absorbed most of the impact. but his systems had still suffered a small amount of damage.

"Runeknight," Zan asked. "Are you alright? That was quite the sneak attack."

"Yes Sire," Runeknight nodded. "I commend those viruses for their defiance. I shall be fine, though I have suffered a minute amount of damage."

"Nothing a Rune Purge can't take care of?"

"Most assuredly not, Sire."

"Then let's continue on."

"Yes Sire."

Runeknight gathered the data remnants, transferring them to the PET, as he made his way deeper into the Net.

((Battle...4?))
Metool A: 40
Metool B: 40
Metool C: 40
Metool D: 40
Metool E: 40
Metool F: 40
Metool G: 40
Metool H: 40

Runeknight: 120HP

A Metool Army approaches. o.o
"Sire!" Runeknight called out as he spied a cloud of dust on the horizon. "Something is amiss."

"I'd say so," Zan responded as he ran a quick scan of the area. "I am detecting eight viral signatures coming from the direction of that cloud. It looks like playtime is over and the real fun is about to start."

Runeknight stalked toward the wall of dust, eyes darting back and forth for any sign of viruses and spear held at the ready. As he drew near, he could hear the sounds of footsteps, one loud thud following the other. The viruses were moving in unison, a single entity. Runeknight could see them now, yellow helmets reflecting the light of the Net. Before him marched a squadron of Metools.

"Hm," Runeknight spoke softly. "They are not exactly what I was expecting, Sire."

"Me neither, but don't drop your guard. You know as well as I do the strange masters that these simple Metools may answer to."

"The horror known as Metzilla or even that demonic Metool from ages past. Yes, I shall be on my guard."

Zanallen sorted through his small collection of BattleChips, sighing at the almost complete lack of multiple hitters. He tossed a few chips into a pile and began slotting them into the PET. Even with luck on their side, this was still fixing to be a long fight and, without that bit of luck, Runeknight would have to almost exhaust his arsenal to wipe the Net clean of this army of Mets.

Runeknight felt the familiar surge of energy erupt through his systems as Zan uploaded a few choice BattleChips. The knightly Navi held out his left hand, a wooden crossbow materializing in a flash of cobalt light. In his right appeared a small cube that pulsed with alternating red and blue lights. He had not used the BattleChip before, but he had seen a similar virus in the bowels of the VABCA terminal all those years before. He held the cube aloft, the lights alternating faster as the relic grew in size. The cube rose into the air, flashing red and blue, and growing to monstrous proportions.

Runeknight did not know what the DBLCube BattleChip would do, and he had other things to worry about besides, so he charged ahead. His crossbow was loaded, the arrow cocked and the stock resting against his arm. He raised the weapon to his shoulder, taking aim as he strafed the army of viruses. He lined up two of the Metools and let loose, the arrow flying from the bow and exploding into a hail of iron pellets.

Runeknight didn't stop his charge, reloading his crossbow on the fly with another BattleChip. He took aim at another Metool, the closest to him, and fired off a second shot. This arrow flew straight and true, glowing with a soft blue light. And now the Navi stopped, dropping to one knee and tossing the crossbow aside. He brought up his arm, a black and cobalt shield forming from a wave of data. He peered over the brim of the shield at the amassing Metool, not knowing how they would respond.

Summary:
1. Used DBLCube(30) to all Metool or (30 heal) to Runeknight
2. Shotgun(50) to Metool A and B
3. Cannon(40) to MetoolH
4. Guard to self

Knightly Aura is in affect.
((Congratulations-- the die favor you today.))

Metool A: DELETED!
Metool B: DELETED!
Metool C: 10 (Helmet Hide)
Metool D: 10 (Helmet Hide)
Metool E: 10 (Helmet Hide)
Metool F: 10 (Helmet Hide)
Metool G: DELETED!
Metool H: 10

Runeknight: 120 (Guard)

A great burst of light shines forth from the DBLCube chip... and all viruses lose 30 HP!

Runeknight's Shotgun tears through the already-wounded Metools, deleting them. His cannon misses, however.

Metools C - F hide under their helmets, terrified!

Metools G and H attempt to attack Runeknight, but the former's attack is rebounded by the guard-- the latter's is blocked by Runeknight's Knightly Aura.
"Well, that was quite convenient Sire." Runeknight marveled at the power behind the glowing red cube.

"Yes, if only it wasn't completely random." Zan laughed. "And now our enemies are hiding beneath their shells."

"Than shall I pluck them from their holes? That claw BattleChip seemed to have some interesting effects."

"Yes. Uploading it now."

Once more Runeknight's spear divided and shrunk, forming three jet black claws that sprouted from the back of his gauntlets. He eyed the remaining Metools, spotting one still standing and clutching its pickax firmly. Runeknight charged toward the virus, claws held out low and to the side. He dodged to the right as he neared the Metool, swiping with his gauntlet in an attempt to scoop up the virus and hurl it at its companions. He could feel the enormous strength granted by the BattleChip filling his body, his muscles tightening under his jet black armor.

The knightly Navi pivoted and turned toward another of the weaked, hiding viruses. He tried to scoop up another and hurl it in the same way. With any luck, the shining yellow helmets would smash against each other and crack, deleting the viruses protected underneath. The Navi ran down the final Metool, scooping it up and attempting to slash at its unprotected underbelly with his claws.

Summary:
1. RageClaw(20) to MetoolH and F
2. RageClaw(20) to MetoolE and D
3-4. RageClaw(40) to MetoolC
RuneKnight runs over and grabs a Metool, then pitches it into another with a mighty swing. It crashes into the hiding Met and disintegrates, and the hiding Metool knows better than to come out now. His claws slip off of his next target's unbreakable helmet, so he settles to launch the last one in the air with an upper slash, then spike it into the ground, where it vanishes.

Two more Metools raise their helmets and launch a simultaneous shockwave attack at Runeknight. One of them is too dazed to attack with any accuracy, but the last blindsides the armored Navi. It doesn't hurt.

Metool C: DELETED!
Metool D: 10 (Helmet Hide)
Metool E: 10
Metool F: 10
Metool H: DELETED!

Runeknight: 110
A wave of energy traveled across the ground, smashing into Runeknight as he dodged away from another Metool. The attack didn't hurt, but it still damaged his armor. He grunted, backing away from the trio of Metools and dismissing his RageClaw. The jet black claws vanished in a fine data mist as a new weapon took its place.

The wooden crossbow materialized in his left hand and a small clip full of bolts appeared in his right. He loaded the clip into his crossbow and took aim at the Metools, sliding his finger over the trigger and pulling back with a slight pressure. The air was filled with a cacophony of sound as five small bolts exploded from the crossbow and sailed through the air. Runeknight ripped out the clip and replaced it with a larger version. He took aim at another Metool, setting the butt of the crossbow against his shoulder to steady his arm. He pulled the trigger and a hail of arrows erupted from the crossbow, sailing straight toward the Metool.

The knightly Navi tossed aside his crossbow, raising one hand toward the last hiding Metool. An azure glow surrounded the Navi as he began a low chant. A circle of inky darkness appeared below the Metool, the surface writhing like an ocean. As Runeknight reached a crescendo, jet black flames erupted from the circle, engulfing the Metool and obscuring it from view.

Summary:
1. Vulcan 1(10x5) to MetoolE
2. Vulcan 2(15x10) to MetoolF
3. Rune Purge(70) to MetoolD with a (25) heal to Runeknight.
4. Nothing...

Keep in mind that Knightly Aura is a passive SigAttk and thereby always active...
Crushing victory for the chivalric warrior!

Metool C: DELETED!
Metool D: !DELETED!
Metool E: !DELETED!
Metool F: !DELETED!
Metool H: DELETED!

Runeknight: 135

Victory!
GET: Guard1, 500 zenny
"Another Guard1?" Zan asked as he reviewed the remnants of the viral army. "How very nice of them."

"Quite," Runeknight responded. "Though I can't help but think that they are weaker than they used to be."

"Well, perhaps we've just gotten stronger."

"Perhaps..."

"But the real question is, do you think you can continue on?"

"Most assuredly, Sire. I feel quite well."

"Then let's go."

"Yes, Sire!"

Runeknight continued his patrol, wandering ever deeper into the ACDC Network.

((Battle 5, please))
In the distance, Runeknight sees a lone cloaked figure. The cloak covers the figure's entire body, with only a digital frowny face on a black screen where the head would be.

Runeknight feels a strange sense of apprehension...
Runeknight stalked toward the new arrival, something about the cloaked figure setting off warning bells within the armored Navi. His spear was held at the ready, though he shifted into a more passive stance as he neared the strange Navi. After all, there was no real reason to look tense or suspicious despite his misgivings.

"Sire?" Runeknight asked silently over the private link.

"Scanning now, but I haven't found much." Zan answered.

Runeknight nodded in response. He turned to look the new Navi in the equivalent of what should have been his eyes. He gave a brisk salute, armored fist smashing against his chest.

"I am called Runeknight," the Navi said as he regarded the figure. "In the name of the NetPolice, I ask your name and your business in this section of the Network."
"Member of the NetPolice?" The cloaked figure chuckled, as a strange breeze caused the shroud to quiver and drift... "One of Nexion's underlings, is it?"

The frowny slowly began to curl, until it was a straight line across the digital face.

"This should be interesting. I've always wondered if the grunts would be of any use other than cannon fodder... How about it, grunt? A duel."

The breeze escalated into a gust, as the cloak whipped around the Navi desperately--
"I know not of whom you speak. I serve only my Lord, Zanallen." Runeknight stated with a curt certainty.

"Runeknight," Zan said as he tried to scan the strange Navi once more. "I don't like the look of this guy. You don't have to fight if you don't want to."

"Nay," was the knightly Navi's only response. He turned back to the Navi. "You wish to challenge me? And with wry insults as well? Very well. On my honor as a knight, I accept your challenge stranger. However, I would know the name of my advisary."
"Heh. Demands already? The nerve." The line now bent upwards, until it was a sadistic smiley.

"You'll get my name if you manage to take my cloak off..." With that, a blazing blue blade appeared at the Navi's side, floating freely--

???: ??? (EQUIP: Sword!)
Cloak: 300 HP

Heaven or Hell?

Battle 5, start!
"Well well," Runeknight said as he stepped back, spear held low and at the ready as he circled the stranger with slow, deliberate movements. "A fine blade, quite fine. Let us see if you know how to use it, shall we?"

Runeknight felt the all too familiar surge of energy flowing through his body as Zanallen slotted in a few BattleChips. The energy swirled about, coalescing in the Navi's left hand in the form of a icy crystal orb. Runeknight adjusted the hold on his spear, freeing his left arm. He hurled the ball of ice, the orb expanding to a wave of frozen energy that rumbled toward the strange Navi.

Runeknight didn't pause to observe his strike. Another BattleChip was already uploaded and his spear began to fluctuate with the surge of data. The weapon widened and flattened at the sides as the spear tip morphed into a blade. The weapon became a massive sword that Runeknight hefted against his shoulder. Both hands wrapped tightly around the hilt of the blade, Runeknight charged in after the wave of ice. He took three steps and disappeared in a flare of cobalt flames.

The knightly Navi appeared in the air behind the strange Navi. He swung the massive sword as he fell the few feet to the ground, the powerful BattleChip slicing through the air with a low hum. The weapon shattered as it struck, though Runeknight could not be sure of what what, precisely, he had hit. The remnants of the BigHammer chip rose up in a fine data mist.

Runeknight jumped back, unsure of where the strange Navi was amidst the ice and dust. Cobalt flames erupted along the length of his arm and he thrust his palm toward where he thought the strange Navi to be, the flames engulfing the area. He hoped that his attacks had been precise and struck true, but there was no way to tell at this point.

Summary:
1. IceWave1(80) to the Navi((Though I assume that his cloak absorbs the damage, right?))
2. AreaGrab to teleport behind the Navi
3. BigHammer1(160) to Navi
4. Rune Blast(90) to Navi
"At least you aren't lacking in weaponry..." The Navi growled as the icy wave came towards him. "Ignite!" He roared, as a ball of fire slammed into the Sword, which then blocked the icy wave. The Sword still ablaze, the Navi took a second before realizing what Runeknight had done--

"A distraction? Impressive..." Faster than the eye could blink, the Navi shifted to the side, sidestepping the heavy blade as Runeknight slammed the blade down. "I suppose that's the only way you can compensate for the speed descrepency."

The Navi slashed at Runeknight's prone form, only to find that Runeknight had backstepped. He was rewarded with a blast of cobalt flames--

"Nnngh!" The cloak around him singed and ripped, the figure rises. "Interesting. Let's see how you are on the defensive!"

The blade changed again, the head of a fallen Phoenix materializing on the handle...

"Purification, Fire style!" The Navi roared, as he charged at Runeknight, the blade glowing an unearthly blood red... With each step, the Navi shifted from side to side, flickering as he went--

???: ??? (EQUIP: !?!) (Charging!)
Cloak: 210 HP

"A quick one, eh?" Runeknight said as he backpedaled away from the advancing Navi.

"Runeknight," Zan sounded worried. "Dodge! Don't let that blade come anywhere near you!"

"Oh," Runeknight leaped to his left in a defensive roll and broke into a run. "Do you know something that I don't, Sire?"

"No, but I have a bad feeling..."

"Fair enough."

Runeknight felt a surge of energy and he held out his hand in response. A wooden crossbow materialized in a flash of cobalt light. Hooked up to the wooden frame was a clip filled with a mass of small crossbow bolts, the whole of his Vulcan ammunition. Runeknight continued his run, dodging back and forth in an attempt to avoid the strange Navi and his fiery blade.

Runeknight dashed to his left, pivoting on his left foot to bring his body around. He spied the stranger charging at him and the knightly Navi's armored finger slipped over the trigger of the crossbow. The majority of the bolts exploded from the wooden weapon at a rapid clip, soaring through the air toward the Navi. Runeknight strafed to his left, firing the final few shots at the Navi more as a distraction that to actually hit him. He trusted Zan's instincts and he didn't want to meet the business end of that sword.

Summary:
1. Dodge
2. Dodge
3. Vulcan2(5x15)
4. Vulcan1(3x10)