The Dark Knight Returns Once More!

"And just what have we gotten ourselves into now?" Zan asked as he scanned the strange Metools that stood in front of his Navi.

"I know not, Sire," Runeknight answered. "Though they seem to equate me with the slaughter of all of these Mets."

"Well, considering the theme song, these seem to be some sort of Metool hybrids with a pretty unique style. They remind me of those old Electopian t.v. shows that I watched as a kid. Pretty cheesy."

"True enough, Sire," Runeknight observed as he listened to the Metools' conversation. "However, they seem determined to engage us in battle and I doubt that my protests will have much affect. The red one seems especially testy."

"He's their leader." Zan's certainty was based on having seen countless sentai shows as a child. "We'll take him out first. Remove the king and the pawns falter."

"As you say, Sire."

"Just be careful. These are some breed of Metool. We cannot be sure of their defensive abilities."

Runeknight nodded, taking his NetOp's advice seriously. He knew all too well the power instilled within a Metool helmet. It was the same force that gave his enchanted shield its powers. Runeknight knew that he would have to shatter the defenses of the Metools if he wanted to destroy them. His crossbow materialized in his hands in a flash of cobalt energy, the light reflecting off the black lacquer of the bow. He could feel the familiar surge of energy that moved through his body, guiding him and empowering him with the powers of his NetOp. The crossbow was already loaded with a single quarrel, the tip glistening with a coat of dew. The Navi imbued the quarrel with his strength, the glistening tip extending to a foot in length, a great spear tip attached to the arrow that would pierce any defense. Runeknight took aim at the lead Metool, setting the stock of the bow against his shoulder, and fired. The arrow sped from the bow, the dew surrounding the arrowhead expanding to form a crescent of liquid that sliced through the air like a tumbling wave reaching for the shore.

The knightly Navi dropped his bow and took up his spear as he charged toward the line of colorful Metools. His spear twitched in his hands, the rear-facing spines reaching out to engulf most of the steel shaft as the spearhead grew wider. Soon Runeknight held a massive sword with a blade of stone wrapped in steel. He hefted the giant blade onto his shoulder as he surged forward. He could feel a lightness within him, a sense of etherealness that had him practically leaping forward with every stride. It was almost as though he were not there and, as a blast of cobalt flames erupted from the ground to consume him, he truly wasn't. A second gout of flames placed the Navi behind the Red Metool, already three feet in the air. As Runeknight came to earth he swung down with his massive blade, hoping to crush the leader of the Metool assault with one decisive blow.

The stone sword shattered as it struck, the rising cloud of dirt and debris obscuring the Navi's vision of his target. He could not be certain of his success, but such lack of confirmation did not faze Runeknight. He used the dust cloud to his advantage, stalking within it to avoid any retribution for the other Mighty Sentai Metool Rangers.

Summary:
Knightly Aura is Active (You get the drill)
1. Break Powered WideShot(80, Aqua. Break) to Metool Red, Black and Green
2. AreaGrab(Dodge) to teleport behind Red.
3. BigHammer1(160, Break) to Metool Red
4. Dodge
"Defensive action!" Red called, hiding under his helmet, the other doing the same, but to no avail, as the powered up Wideshot quickly shattered through their defenses.
"Gah! Pull back Red!" Black yelled, as he saw Runeknight approach Red from behind. He aimed at Runeknight's leg with his cannon and blasted a piercing round into Runeknight's leg, causing the mighty warrior to stagger, slamming the zanbatou near the Metool leader, but causing a big enough shockwave to create at least half of the damage. So, Metool Black's efforts were in vain, as he saw his leader start to shatter into a million fragments of data.
"RED! NOOOO!!!!" Green cried out, desperately heading towards her leader in a dramatic touchy-feely like cutscene.
"No Green! Stay back! I will be fine! Metool Rangers! Out!" Red warned, suddenly disappearing into a column of red light. Green sobbed for the loss of Red, but Black held firm. Randomly, a Black Mystery Data thing appeared out of nowhere, must've been hidden under the piles of Metools.
"He's probably back at HQ recovering, Green," Black assured her. "For now, let's get this guy!"
"RAAAAHHHH!!!!" Blue roared loudly in sadness, swiping at Runeknight, whose Aura reduced the blows of the first two hits. The next blow was avoided elegantly by Runeknight.
"Tch, he's good, we need to think of a plan," Black mused, seeing as Runeknight dodged Blue's mighty attacks.

MetoolRangerRed: EJO'D
MetoolRangerBlack: 80 HP
MetoolRangerGreen: 50 HP
MetoolRangerBlue: 200 HP
MetoolRangerPink: 130 HP
Black Mystery Data: 25 HP

Runeknight: 100 (-2 actions)
Runeknight was moving through the cloud of dust with a labored limp. When he had struck down the Red Ranger, the Black one had shot him in the back of the leg. The blow had penetrated his armor and paralyzed him leg. He had barely been able to dodge out of the way of the Blue Ranger's furious combo and was now in serious trouble.

"Sire," He panted from the effort to move. "I am in no condition to battle. My leg is stiff and I can barely move it. How shall I proceed?"

"Don't worry," Zan consoled his Navi. "It is a passive stun effect, much like the one's used by those Rabbit viruses. It is debilitating, but it will go away in time. You just have to wait it out."

"As you say Sire. However, even with the loss of their leader these Metool are not retreating. They are very dedicated to their duty."

"True, but I figure the lack of a panic is because of a sophisticated hierarchy. Much like in the military, when one falls the next in line assumes command. Concentrate on the black one. He serves as a double threat if he is the second in command and he can paralyze you."

"Yes Sire."

Runeknight concentrated his efforts into maneuvering through the cloud of dust toward where he had last seen the black clad Metool. Well trained units were difficult to panic and force into retreat, but enough casualties could dishearten even the hardiest foes. He stalked through the haze of dust, searching for his next target, an archaic chant ready on his lips.

A glint of light reflected off a dark surface to his left and the knightly Navi spun about, ready to unleash hell. He stopped himself before he could ready the spell, realizing the nature of his target. It was a large crystal with smooth black sides half buried within a pile of dead Metools. Runeknight had seen similar items, though of a different color, mentioned in several posts and eyewitness accounts. They were mysterious formations of data, holding any number of strange items. Some where like weapons caches while others were vast treasure hordes. This was a lucky find, but Runeknight knew such things to be quite fragile and he doubted that it would survive the entirety of the battle.

A blur of movement alerted him to the positions of his enemies and Runeknight limped away from the mysterious crystal and toward his prey. He spotted the green metool off to his side, the ranger gravely wounded but still in the battle. Runeknight was about to give up and finish the girl off, but he caught a glimpse of the black metool just beyond her. The armored Navi began his chant, cobalt flames erupting from the crevasses of his armor to cascade down his arms and form an inferno of energy. Runeknight took aim at the black metool, stretching out his arm as if he were reaching for his target. He shouted a final word of his chant, a command to pierce all defenses, and the sphere of cobalt flames exploded into twin lances of energy that spiraled around each other as they soared straight toward the Metool. They seemed almost solid as they struck home, hoping to rip through the Black Ranger's shield and destroy him.

Summary:
Knightly Aura is Active (Yeah, you should know what this does by now)
1. Dodge
2. Break Powered Rune Blast(90, Break) to Black Ranger
3-4. Stunned!
Green fired off two arrows quickly at the Cobalt foe, seeing her attacks reduced to nothing by his protective Aura.
"Tch, almost had him," Green muttered, as Black fired off a shot at Runeknight, who limped out of the way of the blow.
"Dammit, he's good. Pink! I need some- OH SNAP!" Black yelled, as Runeknight sent a powerful azure blast at him.
"I won't let you hurt my friends!" Blue roared, jumping in front of the blast, and taking all the damage meant for Black.
"BLUE!" Black yelled, surprised at his companions actions. He rushed to his companion's steaming side. "Blue! Are you all right?" Black asked worriedly.
"Find... Cover..." Blue whispered to Black, who immediately understood. The Blue Metool flipped over and hid under his helmet, the Black Metool behind him.
"Take this you scoundrel!" Black yelled, switching his cannon to a machine gun like weapon. "Rapid Fire!" Black shouted, blasting 5 bullets in a frenzy at Runeknight, all of which hit.

MetoolRangerBlack: 80 HP (Behind Blue)
MetoolRangerGreen: 50 HP
MetoolRangerBlue: 110 HP (Invincible)
MetoolRangerPink: 130 HP
Black Mystery Data: 25 HP

Runeknight: 25
"Argh..." Runeknight was doubled over, panting for breath. "Sire, my legs...are working properly again, but...I have taken...A number of hits."

The knightly Navi had finished his spell with perfection, but it had been for naught. The large Blue Metool had leaped in front of the piercing bolts of fire and absorbed the attack. The Black Metool had responded by unleashing a hailstorm of bullets that had ripped through Runeknight's guard and had almost laid the Navi low. Now the Black Metool hid behind the Blue, using his friend's helmet as an impenetrable shield from which to launch his attacks.

"Runeknight," Zan advised. "You're injured. Let's play it safe for now. Hit and run."

"Aye Sire."

Runeknight moved slowly to the right of the line of colorful Metools, one hand clutching his chest while the other fiddled with a crystal vial that had appeared in his hand. The vial was a BattleChip, one of the many magical artifacts that Zan could send to him. He had drank the contents of this vial before and he knew what effects it would have. His visor rose on its own as he pulled the cork stopper from the vial and brought it to his lips. He downed the glowing blue liquid with one gulp and tossed the vial to the floor. It vanished in a flash of cobalt flames as the liquid went to work. Runeknight's wounds began to glow with a soft blue light, the pain fading as the holes in his armor sealed shut. He was not refreshed completely, but it was enough to keep him going.

Runeknight's crossbow appeared in his hand in a flash of cobalt light. The black lacquered wood shined with reflected light. Runeknight held the bow in his left hand as he traced a runic symbol onto the wood with his right. The rune flared azure briefly before dying down. Rarely did he have to use the Rune of Breaking so often in a single battle. The quarrel loaded into the bow held a small metal cylinder attached to the shaft just below the tip. It would reduce the range of the weapon, but the resulting explosion would vastly increase its effectiveness.

Runeknight took aim at the wounded Green Metool, positioning his shot so that the explosion would pelt the Green Metool with minuscule shards of iron that should spread to slash into the Pink Metool as well. He set the stock of the bow against his armored shoulder and peered through the sights to confirm his shot. Runeknight slipped his finger over the trigger and slid it back. The quarrel sailed smoothly from the bow and arched over the battlefield. As it neared the duo of Metools, the metal cartridge exploded, sending a hailstorm of razor sharp shrapnel to plummet down to the Metool below them.

The Navi dropped his crossbow, not needing the weapon to encumber him as he stalked to the left of the viruses. He had a measure of their power now and he did not relish the thought of being struck by them once more. He strafed to the left, his eyes flicking from Metool to Metool to gage their movements and determine their actions.

Summary:
Knightly Aura is Active
1. Dodge
2. Recov30 to self
3. Break Shotgun(50) to Green with spread(50) to Pink
4. Dodge
Runeknight's attack eliminated Green from the field and damaged Pink as well. Green fired arrows at him before being EJO'D, but they were negated, again.
"Sorry guys, look like he got me," Green gasped as she was sent back to HQ in a flash of green light.
"We shall avenge you, Green," Black mumbled as he nodded to pink.
"Sheesh, you guys always need my help," Pink mumbled, speaking for the first time in the battle. The Metool threw a vial to Black, who loaded it into his cannon and aimed at Runeknight.
"Blue! I need you to distract him for a bit," Black ordered. The Blue warrior nodded charging at Runeknight, swiping at him twice, both of which, the Cobalt Knight dodged.
"FIRE!" Metool Black roared, as he shot the vial at Runeknight, successfully hitting him. Substance from the shot leaked into Runeknight's code, firmly locking all sig attack options.
The Black Mystery Data peeled away, apparently it was actually covered in debris from the previous Metool massacre. It is blue in appearance.

MetoolRangerGreen: EJO'D
MetoolRangerBlue: 110 HP
MetoolRangerPink: 80 HP
Blue Mystery Data: 25 HP

Runeknight: 55 HP (No sig attacks allowed for the next 3 turns, No more Knightly Aura for you!)
"What sorcery is this?" Runeknight asked as the vial smashed into his chest. "Some alchemical concoction?"

"I don't know," Zan sounded perplexed. "It doesn't seem to have caused any damage...Wait a minute!"

Runeknight looked down at the liquid splashed onto his chest from the shattered vial. It was a vile potion, seeping into his armor as a stone would seep into the mud. He felt strange. It wasn't pain, nor was he disoriented. It was just a strangeness that left him somehow weaker than he had been. His jet black armor had lost most of its luster and he was finding it difficult to concentrate. He glared at the Black Metool, the words of a spell resting on his tongue. He began to shout the words of the Rune Purge, but the sounds came out strange, twisted. He was unable to properly pronounce the syllables that would bring forth the power sealed within the runes.

"Damn," Zan cursed as he realized what the vial had done. "They have somehow cut off your SigAttks. Your defenses have dropped and we are limited to the Rune Spear and BattleChips. I'll see what I can do to get everything working properly, but until then we just have to survive."

Runeknight nodded, sure of what he had to do. The Blue Metool had disengaged from his role as defender and moved to attack. That left the wounded Black Metool vulnerable for attack. However, the Pink Metool was a medic and far more valuable to the mechanics of the team. The Knightly Navi was decided. He would remove the healing aspect from the team of Metools just as they had removed his spells from his arsenal.

He could feel the familiar energy of a BattleChip surging through his systems. He relished the power, channeling it through him until it materialized within his grasp. His hand closed around a crystal sphere of an icy blue color. It left a layer of frost that crept up his jet black armor. Once more Runeknight engraved the Rune of Breaking, drawing the magical symbol on the crystal sphere with his free hand. Immediately the crystal reacted, surging out to form a heavy lance of ice that would smash through any barricades. Runeknight hefted the weapon with one hand, overarm with the tip pointing straight toward the Pink Metool. He took a few steps forward, testing the balance of the weapon, before breaking into a running charge. He leapt into the air a few feet from the Metool, striking down with the lance in an overhead thrust that would pierce its helmet and impale the virus completely.

The lance shattered as it struck home and Runeknight sailed over the Metool. He could not be sure of what damage he had done to the Pink creature, but he was confident in his abilities. He landed and continued his run. With his spells gone and his defenses weakened, he feared being caught by a barrage from the remaining Metool Rangers. He would have to keep on his toes in order to avoid being caught off guard.

Summary:
Knightly Aura is Inactive
1. Break IceWave1(80, Break) to Metool Pink
2-4. Dodge
Runeknight's IceWave freezes and makes Pink disappear in a flash of pink light.
"Was it because he thought I was gay?" Pink questioned out loud, as he was sent back to HQ.
"Well this sucks," Black grumbled as he and Blue were the only ones left. Blue looked at him, questioningly.
"Just, attack, I guess," Black sighed, cocking his cannon. He fired three shots at Runeknight, all of which, missed. Blue took a swing at Runeknight, knocking him down a notch.

MetoolRangerBlue: 110 HP
MetoolRangerPink: EJO'D

Runeknight: 25 HP (No sig attacks allowed for the next 2 turns)
Runeknight was lying prone on the ground. He wasn't quite sure how he had come to such a position. He had been had been desperately dodging the bullets hurdling from the Black Metool's gun when something exploded into his back and he had sailed across the battlefield to land in a heap and roll head over heels onto his back. He shook his head and forced himself to his feet, wincing painfully as he straightened his back. He spun around, scanning the battlefield, and saw the Blue Metool holding a staff of some sort. The knightly Navi could only guess that staff was the origin of the pain in his back.

"The big guy packs a punch," Zan commented.

"Verily, Sire." Runeknight groaned.

"Still no luck on the SigAttks. Still, I did make a fairly nice trade before this battle went underway. Perhaps a sword will come in handy?"

"One can only hope."

Runeknight could feel the surge of energy ripping through his tired body. The surge always accompanied a BattleChip, but the usually pleasant feeling had turned painful by the weakness in his body. He reached down across his waist, grasping at a sword hilt that was not there. He felt a resistance beneath his grasp and a flash of cobalt flames signaled the release of the built up energies. The flames reached out a full four feet before halting and peeling away to leave a magnificent bladed weapon. it was a sword, the hilt crafted of a silvery metal with the grip wrapped in black leather. The cross guard branched out perpendicular to the blade, two spines that stretched out to protect his hand. A sapphire crystal was set in the pommel of the sword to serve as a counterweight. The blade was masterfully crafted from a dual-edged jet black metal that stretched out four feet before tapering to a wicked point. Along the length of the blade were carved severed runes that shined with a bright azure light.

Runeknight hefted the blade, testing its weight and balance with a quick combo that seemed all to familiar to him, despite having not held a true sword in his hands in over seven years. Some skills refused to dull. The knight took stock of his foes. The Blue one was by far the strongest. However he was slow of body and of mind. The Black was the de-facto leader of the duo, a marksman of excellent skill but also wounded. Runeknight decided with a nod, setting his sights on the Black Metool.

The knightly Navi charged, allowing the sword to trail behind him, pointed low to the ground. It was a broken run, well practiced and designed to interrupt an enemy's line of fire. He switched his grip quickly, grasping the hilt in both hands as he bore down on the Metool. A single rune on the blade of the sword flashed brightly, the Rune of Breaking, as Runeknight brought the sword up in a devastating strike. With any luck, the Metool would be chopped in twain.

Runeknight continued his run past the Metool, dodging to the left and to the right to present as little of a target as possible. He had little energy left and would soon be laid low if the viruses caught him with any more attacks.

Summary:
Knightly Aura is still Inactive
1. Dodge
2. Break Sword(80, Break) to Black
3-4. Dodge
Runeknight's sword attack brilliantly defeats Black, who lets out a gasp, like his other comrades, before being sent back to HQ.
"I think, we were mistaken," Black muttered as he disappeared in a flash of black light.
"Everybody... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!" Blue roared in dismay, his body engulfed in a giant aura of his ranger color.
"You, hurt my friends..." Blue growled angrily. "NOW YOU PAY!" Blue roared, his visor lighting up to a red color instead of its normal black. The aura grew bigger as Blue struck again and again at Runeknight, failing to hit him three times due to dodging, but suddenly landed a single blow on Runeknight, reducing him to critical status!
This does not bode well.

MetoolRangerBlack: EJO'D
MetoolRangerBlue: 110 HP (RAGE MODE. x2 to all attacks)

Runeknight: 1 HP (No sig attacks allowed for the next turn)
"Damn," Runeknight shouted as he danced away from the Blue Ranger with well practiced steps. "He is enraged."

"He is the last of his friends." Zan commented.

"Yes, but the fault is hardly my own. I could not just let them delete me." Runeknight shouted toward the enraged Blue, though he doubted his words would have much affect. "I am sorry for your loss and for my part in it, but you struck the first blow."

Runeknight growled loudly. He ducked to the left, barely avoiding a massive swing from the Blue Metool's staff. He scrambled around the Metool, attempting to move as far away from the Blue demon as possible. This was ridiculous. He had not wanted to fight. He had been forced into this by some fools to bent on revenge to see the truth behind their actions. And now here he was running from some empowered Metool bent on destroying him, and for what? He had been forced to defend himself. He was not about to allow some fools to strike him down over a case of mistaken identity.

"You've brought this on yourself!" Runeknight bellowed as he turned to face the oncoming Metool.

The Rune of Breaking flashed brightly, imbuing the jet black blade with the power to shatter all defenses and slice through what lay beneath. Runeknight held the sword at his side, both hands gripping the black leather hilt. The enraged Blue demon was coming for him, the brutish Metool intent on rending him limb from limb. Runeknight bidded his time, waiting for the proper opening to strike out and disable the rampaging virus. Blue was a few yards away now and Runeknight steeled his grip on the sword, steadying himself by widening his stance, and prepared himself for the coming clash.

Now!

He had to strike now!

Runeknight slashed out with the blade, the jet black sword slicing smoothly through the air in a horizontal arch that would bisect the Metool had it been of any normal variety. The blade flashed, emitting a shriek of steel as it slid through the air. Runeknight grunted as he finished his stroke and dropped to one knee, allowing his momentum to drive him into a roll that brought him behind the virus. He pushed himself to his feet, whipping around and ready to deliver the final blow.

"No!" Zan shouted.

Runeknight hesitated, backing away quickly from the crazed Metool. At once he knew the meaning behind Zan's warning. He only had the power to invoke the Rune of Breaking once ever few seconds. After it was used, the Rune was useless until it could be recharged. A second strike could have been a grave mistake if the Metool had the sense to use his shield. Runeknight was low on energy, almost dead, a deflected sword strike would be more than enough to force him to jack out.

Runeknight backpedaled a few more steps, wary of his foe and the power behind that incredible staff. This fight would be one of attrition. Who would fall first? A single blow would spell the end for either combatant and Runeknight was determined that he would not admit defeat. He had not been the one to initiate this assault and he would be damned if he was defeated by a bunch of multicolored Metool.

"May the gods preserve me," He whispered as he held the sword aloft, between himself and the crazed Metool. "This next stroke shall determine it all."

Summary:
Knightly Aura is STILL Inactive...
1. Dodge
2. Break Sword(80, Break) to Blue
3-4. Dodge
Runeknight's sword strike hits, but it is not enough to take down the infuriated Blue, who slams his staff powerfully into Runeknight's chest, forcing him to perform an Emergency Jack Out. The Blue Metool cheers over his triumph, and heads to HQ to see what happened to his friends.

MetoolRangerBlack: EJO'D
MetoolRangerBlue: 30 HP (RAGE MODE. x2 to all attacks)

Runeknight: EJO'D

-DEFEAT-
Lose: 500z
Runeknight collapsed to his knees, all strength gone from his body. He was defeated, crushed by the might of a group of Metool. It was an unfathomable moment for the Navi. It had been long since he had tasted defeat and, despite being brought so close to death, he had still held a fierce hope for victory. He smiled grimly beneath his shattered visor.

"What a foolish way to die," His voice was soft, weakened by his injuries. "Brought low in the name of vengeance...For a crime I did not even commit."

The Navi coughed, small flecks of blood escaping his lips. His armor held countless cracks and dents. His cape was in tatters, the emblem of his order shredded by three long and jagged tears. His helmet held a deep gash and his cobalt visor had shattered with the impact of the final blow. Runeknight's blue eyes were dull, unfocused and a trickle of blood cascaded from his nose. He was beaten.

"It is an honorable loss," Zan's voice was soft. He had trouble believing what he was witnessing. "There is no shame, Runeknight."

"Nay, no shame. I fought my best and was bested in turn. No shame...Still, it is all quite foolish."

Small flashes of cobalt flames were emerging from the cracks in Runeknight's armor. It was though an inferno raged just beneath his jet black shell. The fires spread, dancing across his armor and setting his aflame. He rose to his feet, a a cobalt pyre, and gazed across the battlefield at his opponent. The Blue Metool was celebrating his victory, talking to himself and quite excited over avenging his comrades. Runeknight shook his head, the flames reaching up to consume the remains of his helmet.

"An honorable defeat," The knight whispered. "I hope that your comrades are well...I never did wish you harm...Perhaps we shall meet again in another place...Another time." Runeknight laughed, the cobalt fires engulfing him completely. "Still...This was utterly foolish..."

With those final words the flames consumed Runeknight utterly and completely, the dark form of the Navi vanishing from within the cobalt inferno. The pyre died down soon after, leaving no trace of the Navi except a circle of scorched earth.

((Bah, died on battle 18. Utter crap. Oh well, time to run a bit in SciLabs and then I'll make my second attempt...I swear I'll get to 20 first and I shall demolish all comers...Sucks that I lost 500z though. Damn Metool Rangers...Complete case of mistaken identity...Foolish way to die.))
((You want this topic closed or not?))