(is not responsible for any drownings that occur)

"Whee! I'm back!" And with that...POW! He was back. "I'm ready to kick behind and take names! Actually, I don't have anything to take names with. So scratch that part!"

"Uh, will do. I take it you're all set to get started."

"Yep! I can't swamp viruses with Aqua attacks yet, but I can still delete them!"

"Then get to it!"

"I'm right on it!" The Aqua Navi charged into the Net, desiring another fight, for no apparent reason.

(searching for Battle #1)
MetoolA: 40 HP
MetoolB: 40 HP
CanodumbA: 50 HP
CanodumbB: 50 HP
SpookyA: 50 HP
SpookyB: 50 HP
ShrubbyA: 50 HP
ShrubbyB: 50 HP

Splashman.EXE: 140 HP

--FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!--
Without saying a word, SplashMan looked to the right. Viruses. He then looked to the left. Viruses. And then he looked straight ahead. More viruses. "Do you think maybe I made the viruses in this area angry...?"

"Well, we've taken some out, but I'd think they'd go after other Navis first that have been in this area longer than we have...oh well, we'll have to show them who's boss, won't we?"

"...Right! I won't lose to these guys! ...Should I go ahead and pump 'em full of water, or should I wait on that?"

"Eh...wait on it, let's blast 'em instead!" Sabrina removed chips from a well worn part of her folder, and started placing them into the side of her PET. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Triple slot in!"

"Shotgun huh?" The Aqua Navi took a look at the familiar blaster on his arm, then took aim. "Your brother really liked this chip, didn't he?"

"It was more his Navi. She absolutely loved it. That and MarkCannon. I bet she'd love my folder...but it's mine now, and there's no way I'm giving it up! Now come on, let's get this started!"

"Hang on...okay, all aimed!" SplashMan took a trio of shots at a certain trio of viruses. "And all fired! Oh, please let those viruses miss me, oh please oh please oh please..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on ShrubbyB (50, possible splash)
2-Shotgun chip attack on SpookyB (50, possible splash)
3-Shotgun chip attack on Canodumb B (50, possible splash)]
[OMG. Sorry for the wait.]

Guns blazed, and deletion data flew every which way. Splashman stood amidst the carnage that he was causing, blasting away a Shrubby, a Spooky and a Canodumb. However, the remaining viruses weren't frightened by the digital gore they were seeing. A pair of Metools both locked on to Splashman, and hit him hard with two perfectly-timed shockwaves.

CanodumbA: 50 HP
CanodumbB: DELETED!
SpookyA: 50 HP
SpookyB: DELETED!
ShrubbyA: 50 HP
ShrubbyB: DELETED!

Splashman.EXE: 120 HP
"Ahh, they didn't miss!" SplashMan was knocked onto one foot, but he managed to hold his ground thanks to massive arm waving. "This virus busting will be the end of my legs!"

"Oh, quit being such a baby! It's no worse than getting tripped up a few times in soccer! Or so I hear, anyway."

"But I thought you played soccer!"

"I did! But I was a goalie!"

"...Can I have more chips now, please? I don't think I want this conversation to continue..."

"Hey, I wasn't THAT bad at it! Here, get a couple of scores with these! Battlechip, MarkCannon! Double slot-in!"

The Aqua Navi's arm became a shape slightly similar to the remaining Canodumb, but not quite. "Too bad I can't kick these shots! Oh well, MarkCannon, fire!" A pair of shots were fired at two of the more exotic of the remaining viruses. "Just Mettaur and Canodumb left now, hopefully! What should we do now?"

"We take the Canodumb out with its own move...kinda!" Sabrina inserted a chip that actually looked like one into her PET, but had different colors. "Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

"Hooray, blue cannon! I like how it fits with my color scheme!"

"Yeah, you've told me before..."

SplashMan, in a surprisingly wise decision, chose to not respond to his operator, and took a blast at the cannon virus with its own upgraded chip. "...Uh-oh, the Mettaur are still there! If they hit me again, they're getting drowned, whether they like it or not!"

[Order of Turn:
1-MarkCannon1 chip attack on ShrubbyA (70, can lock on)
2-MarkCannon1 chip attack on ShrubbyA (70, can lock on)
3-Hi-Cannon chip attack on CanodumbA (80)]
The two Markcannon blasts worked quickly, each of them owning one Shrubby and one Spooky. Splashman took careful aim, and his HiCannon worked just as well on the Canodumb.

CanodumbA: DELETED!
SpookyA: DELETED!
ShrubbyA: DELETED!

"Hey, they didn't attack me! I'm safe!" SplashMan celebrated by blasting water at one of the Mettaur. "But I'm going to show them the power of the Aqua element for attacking me earlier!"

"Well, it's kinda late not to..."

"Hmm...good point!"

A few moments passed as nothing happened. However, the operator soon realized it was her turn to do something. "Oh, right, you only have one water attack..." Sabrina remedied this by inserting a chip with a picture of a Shrimpy virus into her PET. "Battlechip, Bubbler! Slot in!"

"Thank you!" The Aqua Navi's arm became a bit more hose shaped, and was pointed in the direction of the other Mettaur. "Bubbles!" The bubbly shotgun was used. "Okay, that did it! Hooray, I win!"

"Hey, don't let your guard down! You might've missed!"

"...I don't think so, but I guess you're right...hope I'm getting defensive for nothing..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Water Splash sig attack on MettaurB (70, Aqua)
2-Bubbler chip attack on MettaurA (50, Aqua, possible splash)
3-Dodge (if necessary)]
The two remaining viruses were drowned by the tidal wave of water that Splashman sent their way. Future attackers would probably have to invest in scuba gear.

MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB: DELETED!
CanodumbA: DELETED!
SpookyA: DELETED!
ShrubbyA: DELETED!

--VICTORY ASSURED!--

Get: Recov10, 280z!
"Hooray, I got defensive for nothing!" SplashMan did a little dance as he made his way towards the victory data. "Let's see here...got some cash...oh, there's chip data here! The signature seems to be...Recover10!"

"Recover10? Yeah, we've definitely done better...but it does mean we're a step closer to filling up our folder! Send it over!"

"Okay! ...Cash sent! ......And chip data sent!"

A chip with a picture of an encircled '+10' soon emerged from the PET, and after being grabbed by Sabrina, made its way into her folder. "There! Oh, by the way...looks like we're going to have to wait a while on that Speed Upgrade."

"Huh? Why?"

"I saw a chip on the Chip Trading board that I had to get! But the person that was trading it didn't want any of my chips, so I had to flat out buy it..."

"What chip was it?"

"None other than a WideShot!"

"A what?"

"WideShot! It's an Aqua element attack. It's pretty tough, and it can even hit multiple viruses if you're lucky!"

"Really? Sounds like fun!"

"It better be, I used up a lot of my cash on it! Now get to searching, we need to start saving up again!"

"Okay!...We aren't going to spend forever in this Net saving up, are we?"

"Nah, we'll go somewhere else soon!"

"Okay, then I'm off!" After waving at his operator, SplashMan began another search.

"...Sheesh, you'd think you were about to leave me for a month with that..."

(searching for Battle #2)
Apparently Spikeys don't pay attention to elemental weaknesses.

SpikeyA: 90 HP
SpikeyB: 90 HP
SpikeyC: 90 HP
SpikeyD: 90 HP
SpikeyE: 90 HP
SpikeyF: 90 HP
SpikeyG: 90 HP
SpikeyH: 90 HP

--FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!--
"Hey, look! A bunch of fire viruses!" Instead of assuming the position, SplashMan simply stood there. "This'll be easy!"

"What are you saying? Don't let your guard down! We don't have very many Aqua chips yet, and you've only got one special attack!"

"Aw, don't dry up my rain parade! We'll get them, I know we will!"

"...You know, that's not exactly how that saying goes..." Sabrina sighed, and pulled out what looked like a used chip. It had a picture of what looked like a weird looking fish with a large mouth and a propeller on its head. ...Yeah. "Okay, let's put our new best chip to good use! Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

"Hey, that's our new Aqua chip!" The Aqua Navi's arm changed shape accordingly, into a wide gun-like form. "Okay, WideShot, fire!" An arc of water sailed towards the group of Spikey, much to the Navi's delight. "Ooh, that was neat! Let's do it again!"

"Sorry, but WideShot aren't cheap! You'll have to settle for this!" The operator continued the seafood buffet, with a chip with a picture of a red shrimp. "Battlechip, Bubbler! Slot in!"

"Yay, more water!" SplashMan fired the bubbly shotgun at the group, then wasted no time in firing even more water from the cannons on his back. "Yeah! Feel the power of an Aqua Navi!"

[Order of Turn:
1-WideShot chip attack on SpikeyB (80, Aqua, can hit up to 2 more viruses)
2-Bubbler chip attack on SpikeyG (50, Aqua, can hit another virus)
3-Water Splash sig attack on SpikeyE (70, Aqua)]
The pack of Spikeys got a nice little shower, but instead of freshening them up for the incoming battle, they started screeching and deleting. The Wideshot carved a wide swath through the middle of the Spikeys, a Bubbler brought down another, and Splashman's Water Splash drowned out a fifth. One of the remaining Spikeys fired a sphere of flame--what use would a fireball be against an Aqua Navi?--at Splashman, and managed to singe him well across the shoulder.

SpikeyA: DELETED!
SpikeyB: DELETED!
SpikeyC: DELETED!
SpikeyD: 90 HP
SpikeyE: DELETED!
SpikeyF: 90 HP
SpikeyG: DELETED!
SpikeyH: 90 HP

Splashman.EXE: 90 HP
Though he didn't say anything right off the bat, SplashMan proved the old saying that actions were louder than words. "...OW! How can fire hurt me that bad?!"

"Because they never figured out how to make Navi defenses that good! Now be quiet while I think of something!"

"Okay! I won't say a word! Nope, I'm not going to say anything. Not a thing..."

"I said shut up!"

"Sorry..."

Sabrina paced back and forth a couple of times, trying to think of a good plan to prevent her Navi from being too badly hurt. Fortunately for her, she was able to come up with one. "Okay, got a plan! You ready?"

"..."

"You can talk now..."

"All ready!"

"Then let's see if this works! The trade hasn't been processed anyway, so we can still use these! Battlechip, ZapRing! Double slot in!"

The Aqua Navi suddenly felt an electrical current going through his arm, and looked to find himself with a genuine electrical device causing it. "Eww, an Elec attack!"

"I know, but it can paralyze enemies! Now fire them at two different Spikey!"

"But that leaves one open!"

"Just do it!"

"Okay..." A pair of electrical rings were shot by a humanoid water being at a pair of fire dog-like entities. Fun times. "Okay, that's two. Now what about the third one?"

"Just hang on, and don't move!" Sabrina pulled out a chip containing the signature of signature viruses, and perform some chip inserting. "Battlechip, Guard! Slot in!"

A yellow shield appeared in front of SplashMan, who seemed more surprised by the move than he probably should have. "Oh...forgot about that thing..."

[Order of Turn:
1-ZapRing chip attack on SpikeyD (40, Elec, can paralyze)
2-ZapRing chip attack on SpikeyF (40, Elec, can paralyze)
3-Guard1 chip attack (60-, Reflects damage)
Splashman elected to capitalize on another element, and broadsided a pair of Spikeys with Zaprings. One of them managed to shrug off the paralyzing effects, but the other's limbs locked up. The last Spikey shot a baleful fireball toward Splashman, but the Aqua Navi used his Guard to bounce it back into the virus's face.

SpikeyD: 50 HP
SpikeyF: 50 HP (Stunned!)
SpikeyH: 60 HP

"Uh-oh! I only stunned one of the Spikey! Abort the plan! Abort the plan!!" SplashMan started running around in circles, waving his arms wildly. "I'm going to get nailed, Sabrina! I'm toast! I can feel myself evaporating right now!"

"......" Over in the real world, the operator could only smack her forehead as she watched her Navi act like an idiot. "...You DO realize the plan worked perfectly, do you?"

"I'm going to boil! I'm going to...huh?" The Aqua Navi stopped. "It did?"

"Yeah...the plan was to stun the other Spikey, so that only one could attack. Only one virus attacked, so Guard did its thing."

"...Huh?"

"...Did you get damaged just then?!"

"Uh, no, the Guard stopped the attack."

"Exactly! That was the entire point of the plan! Now will you please start thinking and quit running around like a complete moron?!"

"......Oh..."

"Okay, now that you're thinking enough to use chips, I can give you some to finish them off with!" Sabrina started inserting a pair of chips; judging from her grabbing speed, she was well-accustomed to using those particular ones. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot in!"

"Whee, Shotgun! But, can you do me a favor?"

"What's that?"

"It's good and all...but could you please not get any more Shotgun chips again ever?"

"..."

SplashMan got to blasting the Spikey that had been zapped previously. "Okay, all done! How about that other one?"

"I've got just the thing all ready! Battlechip, MarkCannon! Slot in!"

"It was nice knowing ya, Spikey!" He shot the cursor cannon at the last virus in line, in more ways than one. "Well, not really, I guess..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on SpikeyD (50, possible splash)
2-Shotgun chip attack on SpikeyF (50, possible splash)
3-MarkCannon1 chip attack on SpikeyH (70, can lock on)]
Allocating a chip attack to each virus, Splashman overcomes the enemy. It's a good thing he's got an operator to steer him in the right direction so that he doesn't lose his head over things!

SpikeyD: DELETED!
SpikeyF: DELETED!
SpikeyH: DELETED!

--VICTOLY! TRY NEXT STAGE!--

Recieve: 500 Zenny, heatshot
"Yeah! Aqua triumphs over Fire!" SplashMan did a little dance as he moved in the direction of the remaining data. "Let's see here...ooh, plenty of cash this time! Also, there's chip data. Bet you can't guess what it is!"

"Oh boy, just what any Aqua Navi's operator wants...a HeatShot. Oh well, it's better than nothing, I guess..." Sabrina removed the newly copied chip from her PET, and put it in the part of her folder with chips she never used. "All right, I got everything. Now jack out! Speed upgrade or no, we're going to go do some Aqua virus busting!"

"Ooh! Then we can get some more Aqua chips!"

"...Yeah, that was kinda the plan..."

"Okay! All ready!"

"All right, jacking out now!"

And so, SplashMan exited the ACDC Net, to return to the Net of his operator's PET.

(back to ACDC Town)