Fear the jack in!

"Hmm...or maybe not." While still somewhat calm given the fact she was more outnumbered than usual, Tara nonetheless seemed rather nervous. "Mind if I take out those Spikey first? I know there's all those Mettaur and Canodumb around, but the Spikey are harder to bring down and hit harder..."

"Sure, if you think it'll work." After thinking for a moment, Brandon grabbed a pair of chips, and commenced inserting one of them. "Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

"Roger! Hi-Cannon, fire!" And the duo's power chip was expended in one move. "Now, give me something to take it out with!"

"Already on it! Battlechip, HeatShot! Slot in!"

"Ooh, so I get to take it out with its own move? Gotta make this one count, then!" Tara's visor quickly became cursor-ified, and got to locking onto the fire dog. "Best possible angle confirmed! HeatShot, fire!"

Before her operator could think of anything else, the cursor Navi's arm went from a red shotgun to a purple buster. "Now for the other one! Snipe Laser, fire!"

"Hey, I didn't even get a chance to get shot down about sending you another chip!"

"Too bad!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Hi-Cannon chip attack on SpikeyB (80)
2-HeatShot chip attack on SpikeyB (40, Fire, possible splash) (Snipe used)
3-Snipe Laser chip attack on SpikeyA (60)]
The first Spikey is cut down by Tera's attacks and the second is partially damaged by her laser. Two canodumbs then blast her and one met nails her with a shockwave.

MetoolA: 40
MetoolB: 40
MetoolC: 40
CanodumbA: 50
CanodumbB: 50
CanodumbC: 50
CanodumbD: 50
SpikeyA: DELETED!
SpikeyB: 30

Tara: 30
"Warning! Navi in use has reached critical damage! Immediate jack-out recommended!"

"What the-?! Tara, are you okay?"

"Not really...but I plan on fighting to the end!" At this point, the Navi was noticably exhausted. "Besides, you've got Backup Data, right?"

"Well yeah, but-"

"Then I'm fine either way! It'll hurt if I get deleted, but you'll still be able to revive me! Besides, I can still win this with a good break or two!"

"...Well, I guess there's not much else I can do about this anyway. And do whatever you can to not get deleted, got that?"

"I was planning on it!"

"Good!" Without looking, Brandon grabbed a chip from his folder and immediately inserted it into his PET. "Battlechip, Cannon! Slot in!"

"Right, this is for that Spikey that's still here!" She proceeded to fire at it. "Keep it coming!"

"I'm on it! Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot in!"

With her arm now a blue shotgun, Tara took her aiming abilities to the next level, and got to blasting at one of the Canodumb. "That's one..." Aside from the extraordinary accuracy technique, she rinsed, lathered, and repeated. "And two!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Cannon chip attack on SpikeyB (40)
2-Shotgun chip attack on CanodumbD (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
3-Shotgun chip attack on CanodumbA (50, possible splash)]
Target's cannon took down the enemy Spikey, and a well-aimed shotgun managed to send two Canodumbs toppling to the ground. An enemy Canodumb locked onto the immobile target and shot her, but the Navi took the blow without faltering and managed return fire to the sender.

MetoolC: 40
CanodumbA: DELETED!
CanodumbC: DELETED!
CanodumbD: DELETED!
SpikeyB: DELETED!

Tara: 10
By this point, Tara was breathing in and out rather heavily. "Ugh...I'm not sure I can end this in time...I've got what...2 hits left...?"

"Yeah, but I'm going to do everything I can to make sure you take as few hits as possible!" While he sounded confident as ever, Brandon's face seemed to contradict himself. "Just...hang in there! I have a plan!"

"I'd rather not get deleted, so I'm all ears..."

"And I'd rather you be all eyes, since while this can work in theory, everything has to go just right to pull it off!"

"What is it?"

"Well, start with this! Battlechip, Cannon! Slot in!"

Tara's arm went from purple to green in a flash, as well as looking more like a Canodumb than an arm. "Blast a Mettaur with this, right?"

"Right, but not the second one! And don't Snipe with this one, either!"

"...Huh? Well, if you say so..." She took less-than-extra-careful aim and fired at the one at the end. "There. What's next?"

"Battlechip, Shotgun! Slot in!"

"Ah, so you want me to bring the Canodumb down, then try and dodge a Mettaur counterstrike?"

"Wrong! I want you to try and take out the other two Mettaur with it, then take evasive action! That way we've got some leeway, so even if you get hit, that UnderShirt program we got recently should kick in, and keep you from getting deleted!"

"And how do you propose we take the Canodumb down after this?"

"Check your Snipe Laser's charge!"

"Let's see...recharge is at...65%! It'll be ready to go again soon!"

"Exactly! Nail both Mettaur with Shotgun, and the battle's ours!"

"No pressure, huh?" Tara's extra-accuracy system kicked in as she pointed a blue blaster shaped arm at the helmeted viruses. "Locking on...Shotgun, fire!" After her second attack, she assumed an unsually defensive pose, ready to try and dodge any attack sent her way. "This doesn't feel right...probably because I'm not used to dodging..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Cannon chip attack on MettaurA (40)
2-Shotgun chip attack on MettaurB (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
3-Dodge]
With extra calculation, Target was able to take care of the Metool group in a clean sweep. From her defensive stance, dodging the simple lock-on of the enemy Cannondumb was a piece of cake, although the wounds of her body were putting a strain on her.

MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB: DELETED!
MetoolC: DELETED!

Despite being able to dodge the attack, Tara ended up falling to her knees, now feeling the full effects of the beatings she had taken. "Uhh...Snipe Laser charge, 100%...I can fire whenever..."

"Phew...it worked..." With nothing to do at this point, Brandon began focusing on organizing his chip folder back to the way he usually kept it. "Thank goodness Dad gave you full-fledged Cursor Navi capabilities! Now, let's end this and jack you out while we still can! Nail that thing with Snipe Laser! Feel free use Snipe for it too! Heh...using Snipe on Snipe Laser..."

"It's not funny to me..." The cursor Navi aimed her buster towards the lone virus, albeit a bit shakily. However, initiating Snipe seemed to erase the shaking almost instantly. "Alright...this will do it! Snipe Laser, fire!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Snipe Laser sig attack on CanodumbB (60)
2-Dodge (if necessary)
3-Cry from having insanely bad luck (if necessary)]
The well-aimed laser ended the Canodumb, much to Target's relief.

MetoolC: DELETED!
CanodumbB: DELETED!

VICTORY!

Rewards: Cannon, 450 zenny.
"Thank goodness that's over..." Tara shakily got up and wobbled over to the remaining data, before falling onto her knees once more. "Brandon, we can analyze this data after I jack out, right...?"

"Of course! Just hurry up and jack out!"

"Okay..." The Navi still made sure to transfer the data before preparing to leave the Net. "I think there's chip data in there, but-"

"Please, hurry up and jack out already! I'll check the data when you're back here!"

"O-Okay..." Without moving, Tara became a beam of light, and began the process of returning to her operator's PET.

(jacking out, woo)
Like before, Tara found herself at the beginning of the ACDC Net. But this time, she knew her limits. "All right, I'm in! And those viruses are gonna pay for almost deleting me!"

"Roger! And this time, I'll make sure to jack you out before something like that's about to happen!"

"Good, because if that happens again, you're getting some of the blame! Got that?!"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Then we're all on the same page!" The cursor Navi started walking. "I'm starting a virus search now!" And the walking continued, though now there was an actual purpose to it.

(searching for Battle #1, woo x 3)
Target found new viruses ready to take her on!

BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: 50

Target: 100

Battle 1 Start!
(OOC: cough140HPcough)

"Well, the good news is, this battle is way easier than that last one!" Tara's right arm was extended, as though she was expecting a chip weapon to appear at any time. "Wonder how fast I can delete these guys?"

"Well, let's find out!" Brandon grabbed three identical chips, and inserted them into his PET all at once. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Triple slot in!"

A blue blaster appeared on the cursor Navi's right arm, though judging from the way she instantly wielded it, one would've thought it was her standard buster. "All right, 3 Shotgun shots to take out 4 viruses. I like my chances!" She took a few seconds to get perfect aim, especially on her first shot, then let out three shots, in fairly quick succession. "Huh, that took even less time to aim than I thought it would!"

"I can't believe you, of all people, said that!"

"Well, bleh to you, Brandon!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on BunnyA (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
2-Shotgun chip attack on MettaurA (50, possible splash)
3-Shotgun chip attack on MettaurB (50, possible splash)]
The hailstorm of Shotguns rained down upon the unwitting viruses. The first chip tore through the Bunny, leaving it a simple heap of data. The second and third Shotguns dispatched the two Metools with the same amount of ease. However, a Bunny appeared out of nowhere and tossed its electrical attack at the Navi; it hit its mark with as much accuracy as Tara had shown in her round.

BunnyA: DELETED!
BunnyB: 50

Target.EXE: 120
"Bah, didn't get them with just the Shotgun..." Tara crossed her arms, and looked at the remaining virus as her visor locked onto it. "It won't last much longer, I can say that much!"

"If it does, I'm removing your Cursor Navi programming, since you're obviously not meant for it!" Brandon grabbed a chip and inserted it. Naturally, it was neither a Cannon nor a HeatShot. "Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

The cursor Navi's right arm extended forward, as a blue cannon appeared on it. "All right, this will do it! Or else I'm not Target.EXE!" She fired the blast attack at the Bunny. "All right, if that missed, I'm going to be very sad..."

"We'll all be very sad...except maybe that Bunny."

"..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Hi-Cannon chip attack on BunnyB (80) (Snipe used)
2-Snipe Laser sig attack on BunnyB (60)
3-Dodge/be very sad]
All of the attacks miss! Tara is not only EJO'd, but deleted, and along with her all of her chips and data! Furthermore, her PET explodes, and shrapnel flying into Brandon's brain kills him instantly!

Actually, the Hi-cannon was sharp enough to off the virus.

BunnyA: DELETED!
BunnyB: DELETED!

VICTORY!

Rewards: 300 zenny.
"Huh...weird." Even though she had just won, Tara looked slightly worried.

"What's wrong?"

"I just got a really weird vision of me jacking out, then making your PET self-destruct, killing us both..."

"And you're worried about that? Come on, now! Only an idiot would even think that was serious!"

"I know, but it was pretty vivid..."

"Well, it's not going to happen. And even if it did, rest assured that my parents will sue the pants off IPC for making a faulty PET!"

"I feel so much better now..."

"Good! Now get searching, you can still take plenty of hits!"

The cursor Navi just sighed. "The last time you said something like that, I barely won!"

"That's because the next enemy was stronger than I expected! Besides, you didn't even try that hard to not do it!"

"Argh...sometimes I wonder why I even bother..." Shaking her head slowly, Tara got to what she did rather well; search for viruses to eliminate.

(searching for Battle #2)
And the second battle arrives!

SeedbatA: 50
SeedbatB: 50
SeedbatC: 50
SeedbatD: 50

HEAVEN OR HELL
DUEL 2
LET'S ROCK!
"Huh...that didn't take long." Tara immediately entered her regular battle position. "But whatever. This way I can rack up another win quick!"

"Yeah, we'll take care of these guys in no time flat! Then maybe I'll go buy something!"

"Yeah right, I know what you want to get. And if you think it's that cheap, you're crazy!"

"Would that really shock you?"

"To be honest, not really..."

"Well, there ya go!"

"...Just send me chips, while I still have the will to fight viruses, instead of sitting down and crying because my operator is insane..."

"Fine, you spoilsport!" Brandon grabbed the three very last chips in his folder, and used the last of the last first. "Battlechip, HeatShot! Slot in!"

"Thanks..." Though half-hearted towards her operator, Tara was wholehearted in her aim, as usual. "HeatShot, fire!" And she took a shot at one of the SeedBats. "All right, how about more?"

"Sure thing! I already got them right here! Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot-in!"

"At least you're on the ball on what matters!" The cursor Navi proceeded to take aim and fire at two more of the viruses. "That should do it. Now let's see which of the punks withstood that!"

"Punks? They're Mettaur and SeedBats..."

"..."

[Order of Turn:
1-HeatShot chip attack on SeedBatB (40, Fire, possible splash) (Snipe used)
2-Shotgun chip attack on SeedBatD (50, possible splash)
3-Shotgun chip attack on Mettaur (50, possible splash)]
The viruses are onset by a plague of splash, many virii fall, but the remaining one manages to pop Target with it's wings.

MetoolA: DELETED
SeedbatA: 50
SeedbatB: DELETED
SeedbatC: DELETED
SeedbatD: DELETED

Target.EXE: 105
"Well, that answers that question..." Anticipating a virus or two might've gotten lucky enough to withstand that, Brandon had already prepared another chip for insertion. "So, still wanna call it a punk?"

"...Just...ugh...not even going to dignify that with a comment...just send me another chip..."

"Roger! Battlechip, Shotgun! Slot in!"

"..." Not really in the mood to say anything at the moment, Tara simply aimed to an extreme level, then fired. "..."

"Oh come on, did I really make you THAT upset?"

"...Not really, but that doesn't mean I can't be annoyed!"

"Ah..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on SeedBatA (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
2-Dodge (if necessary)
3-Curse aloud (if necessary)]