Fear the jack in!

Before anyone could blink, a flash of light soon materialized into a girl Navi in purple and black. One that started taking a good look around.

"So, this is what an Electopian Net's like." Tara streteched for a moment, before beginning a slow stroll. "I don't really know how to put it...but I think I like it more here than in Netopia's Net."

"I'm not really shocked. Electopia's world-famous for its advanced network!" Brandon grabbed a couple of chips, and looked at them longingly. "So, wanna go ahead and get started with virus busting? We haven't really done it in a while!"

"Well, there was that NetBattle with that sailor about halfway through the boat trip..."

"NetBattle?! He just threw his PET at me when he realized I was stowing away! And it hit me right in the head! This is the first time since then my head hasn't hurt, and now you're trying to ruin that!"

"Same difference!" The Navi looked at her operator, then smiled and winked. "I'm going to look for viruses now!"

"What?! But-meh, fine, whatever..."

Tara giggled. "That's more like it!" With that, she began scouring the vicinity for viruses, as they were easy to delete for fun and prizes! And sometimes pain, but that was only if you did a bad job...
Virus Attack!

MetoolA: 40
MetoolB: 40
Spikey: 90

Target: 100

Battle 1 Start!
(OOC: Er, I took 2 HPMemories as a member of RE:CN, so shouldn't Tara's HP be at 140?)

"Metool and Spikey, huh? Piece of cake! You ready, Tara?"

"Roger that!" In a flash, the Navi's right arm gained the form of a narrow buster. "Ugh, Spikey...yeah, that thing's going down! How about some chips to take care of it?"

"I somehow figured you'd say that. Which is why I grabbed this chip first! Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

And the arm went from a buster to a blue cannon. However, Tara aimed it with the same precision as a buster. "Alright...think I've got a good shot now...fire!" A mighty blast went the Spikey's way, promptly causing smoke to come from that direction due to the impact. "Let's face it, even Hi-Cannon wouldn't do it in one hit. How about something else to finish it with?"

"Way ahead of ya!" Brandon grabbed a pair of identical chips, and inserted them both into his PET. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot in!"

"I don't really think I'd need more than one..."

"That's for afterwards! C'mon, use your brain program!"

"Bah!" And in yet another transformation, the blue cannon became a blue blaster. "Shotgun, eh? At least I've got two shots of it...okay, think I've got the aim now...here we go!" The purple and black Navi fired two more blasts into the Navi fray; one at the previously targeted Spikey, the other at one of the Mettaur. "Phew...it's been a while..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Hi-Cannon chip attack on Spikey (80)
2-Shotgun chip attack on Spikey (50, possible splash)
3-Shotgun chip attack on MettaurA (50, possible splash)]
The Hi cannon puts the Spikey in crictical condition and the Shotgun finishes it off. Then the next SHotgun takes out the two mets.

MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB: DELETED!
Spikey: DELETED!

Tara: 140

Rewards: Heatshot, 100z

((Don't forget the new bonuses for Subtypes. Since you're cursor, you can use Snipe once per turn to increase the accuracy for one attack.))
(OOC: Yeah, I remembered that AFTER I already posted, and was too lazy to fix it. Plus there was the chance I got lucky anyway, like what ended up happening.)

"Well, that was easy." Tara casually walked to the remaining data, and transferred it right over to Brandon's PET. Or least she would've... "Hey, there's chip data in the remnant data!"

"Really? What is it? I'll get out a blank chip to copy it!"

"It's...well, a HeatShot. I may hate the virus, but it's not a bad chip..."

"Not at all! Send it over!"

"Roger..." And so it came to be.

"Copying data...there!" The chip Brandon had inserted popped out, now with a picture of the Spikey virus on it. He promptly placed it in his still somewhat empty folder."We got ourselves a HeatShot! Oh, and a little bit of cash too!"

"Well, at least that Spikey's out of my sight. ...Oh, shoot!" The cursor Navi suddenly freaked out. "Brandon, I forgot to tell you something important!"

"What's that?"

"Well, you know that in addition to elements, there are Navi types, right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Well, not long before you left, your dad modified me a little. Now I'm a true cursor type Navi!"

"Really? ...And exactly when were you going to tell me this?"

"Sorry! Your dad told me to tell you right before our first battle, but it slipped my mind until now!"

"...Well, at least we're all on the same page now. Plus we didn't need it for that fight. So, exactly what does a cursor Navi do?"

"Cursor Navi have an extra ability no other Navi can use. It's called Snipe, and it lets me boost my accuracy for any attack once per attack phase. So now I'm that much more likely to nail whatever virus gets in my way!"

"Nice! But why did Dad want to keep that a secret from me?"

"Beats me. Anyway, I've had enough talk for now! I'm going to look for more viruses to delete!" Before Brandon could voice any form of objection (not that he would've, mind you), Tara began scanning the area once more for new opponents.
((Don't forget to mention what battle you're on. Might not matter now, but later it can be hard for the mod to tell.))

Virus Attack!

CanodumbA: 50
CanodumbB: 50
BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: 50
BunnyC: 50

Tara: 140

Battle 2 Start!
(The rust...it hurts so...)

"Aha! There we go! A pair of Canodumb and a few Bunnies. This shouldn't be too hard!" Tara assumed her battle stance, and regained her buster. "You know...why do I even activate my buster? We usually go with chips anyway..."

"Because sometimes I'm insane!" Brandon grabbed a pair of identical chips, and inserted them. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot in!"

"And how is that insane?" The cursor Navi aimed her new Shotgun arm towards the Canodumb at the end, and fired a single blast at it. However, when she took aim at the Bunny, a cursor icon appeared on the right side of her visor. "Optimum trajectory determined...probable virus reaction calculated...Shotgun blast, fire!!"

"What the...you've never done that before..." Brandon was so dumbfounded by what he has just witnessed that he dropped his third chip. "Ahh, dropped Hi-Cannon! No, little chip! You shall yet live!"

"...Yeah, I'm not gonna wait on you." Tara changed back to her buster arm, then took aim at the middle virus, which happened to be another Bunny. "All right...let's see what this can do! Snipe Laser, fire!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on CanondumbA (50, possible splash)
2-Shotgun chip attack on BunnyC (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
3-Snipe Laser sig attack on BunnyA (60)]
The first Shotgun wipes out a Canodumb while the second nails not one but two Bunnies. The special attack finishes off the last rabbit. The final enemy then shoots Tara.

CanodumbA: DELETED!
BunnyA: DELETED!
BunnyB: DELETED!
BunnyC: DELETED!

Tara: 120
"Well, it almost worked..." Tara trained her sight on the sole remaining virus. "So, how about we wrap this up?"

No answer.

"Hey, Brandon! I could use a response here!"

"......Sorry! Hi-Cannon fell deep in the grass, so it took me a minute to figure out exactly where it was!"

"It's safe and sound now though, right?"

"Yep! And it's nice to know I can move around again without stepping on my best chip!"

"How about sending it already?"

"Oh, right! And no, I'm not sending you anything else, because if you miss that thing, you deserve to get hit!"

"...You're such a thoughtful operator..."

"Aren't I?" The blue cannon found its way into the side of Brandon's PET. "Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

With her arm now resembling the chip's picture, Tara took extra careful aim at the lesser cannon version. "Target locked on...Hi-Cannon, fire!"

"...Now when you say that, do you mean you've locked onto the Canodumb, or that you've just locked on?"

"Shut up..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Hi-Cannon chip attack on CanodumbB (80) (Snipe used)
2+3-Dodge (if necessary)
The last virus is picked off by the cursor navi.

CanodumbA: DELETED!
CanodumbB: DELETED!
BunnyA: DELETED!
BunnyB: DELETED!
BunnyC: DELETED!

Rewards: Cannon, 250z
"Well, aside from getting hit, I think that went pretty smoothly!" Tara once more found herself transferring the rewards of virus busting, only to stop once more. "Huh? Hey, we got more chip data! My scans are saying it's just a Cannon, but it's one more chip for us!"

"Hey, there's nothing bad about free chips!" Before anyone could say cheapskate, Brandon had turned a blank chip into a chip with a Canodumb picture on it. "There, Cannon chip acquired! Also, we got some money too! Nice job, Tara!"

"What can I say? I'm just that good!"

"...That was SUPPOSED to be when you complemented me back about my operating skills..."

"Oh, right. Anyway..." The purple and black clad Navi started inching away from where her operator's monitor was. "I think I'm going to check around for more viruses, since I'm still in good shape!"

"Hey, you never did compliment me ba-"

But it was too late. His Navi had already dashed ahead, seeking another battle.

(searching for Battle #3)
Virus Attack!

SpookyA: 50
SpookyB: 50
SpookyC: 50
SeedbatA: 50
SeedbatB: 50
SeedbatC: 50
SeedbatD: 50

Battle 3 Start!
"Here we go! Another battle for us!" Tara instantly began scanning the area, looking for what might be the easiest to take out first. "How about a couple Shotgun chips?"

"You never did compliment me back!"

"Aw, come on! I'm in a battle here!"

"No, YOU come on!"

"...Ahhh, fine. You're a great operator, and hopefully gives chips to his Navi before she gets really mad and starts blasting the monitor!"

"...I don't think I'm going to get anything better than that, so..." While not exactly satisfied with the response, Brandon grabbed one more chip than Tara asked for, but only inserted two to begin with. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot in!"

"Roger!" Her visor became littered with numbers and cursors as she took aim at the first Spooky. "Locked on. Ready...fire one!" With one blast, her visor returned to normal, and then re-aimed towards one of the bat-like things. "...All right, I think I've got it...fire two!" The other Shotgun was fired, and the cursor Navi's right arm became a buster. "Now, let's see, which other can I take care of..."

"Not so fast, Tara!" Brandon quickly placed the third chip into the side of his PET. "Battlechip, HeatShot, slot in!"

"What the-?" Before she could object, her buster transformed yet again, this time into a red shaped shotgun. "HeatShot? And why are we using a chip that won't take these things out in one hit?"

"That's where you're wrong! My screen's reading the bats as SeedBats! That makes it sound like they're Wood element. See where I'm going with this?"

"Makes sense to me. I'll try it!" Tara raised her right arm, and aimed it at the Wood virus. "HeatShot, fire!"

"...Wow, that was just-"

"Not a word, Brandon, not a word..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on SpookyA (50, possible splash) (Scope used)
2-Shotgun chip attack on SeedBatA (50, possible splash)
3-HeatShot chip attack on SeedBatD (40, Fire, possible splash)]
The spooky is hit by the attack, and a Seedbat is hit in the splash. Two more seedbat fall as a pair of cannondumbs blast Tara!

SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: 50
SpookyC: 50
SeedbatA: DELETED
SeedbatB: 50
SeedbatC: DELETED
SeedbatD: DELETED

Tara: 100
(I'd like to know how Canodumbs managed to pull that one off...)

"Shoot, I didn't pull it off right! Brandon, send me more chips so I can finish these guys off!"

"Well, I would, but at this point all we've got for instant delete chips is Hi-Cannon. The Cannons can't do the job by themselves! But, like I just said..." Brandon pulled out his power chip, and performed the ritual insertion. "Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

"That's better!" Her arm now the blue cannon she was accustomed to, Tara took special aim at one of the ghostly viruses. "Locked on! Hi-Cannon, fire!"

"Want me to send over the Cannons. too?"

"Just one. After all, I've still got my Snipe Laser ready to go!"

"I don't know why I always forget that..." One of the Cannon chips went the way of the Hi-Cannon. "Battlechip, Cannon! Slot in!"

"Well, let's see...guess I'll hit that...SeedBat, was it?"

"You're the scanning expert around here..."

"I can only scan so much at once! But whatever...Cannon, fire!" The wood bat received the attack in its direction. "And now, we interrupt these chip attacks for something much more neat looking! .........Locked on! Snipe Laser!" A narrow beam shot from Tara's buster, aimed at the Spooky yet to receive an attack. "All right, let's see them withstand that!"

"...You realize I already said Cannon wasn't strong enough, don't you?"

"Oh, right..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Hi-Cannon chip attack on SpookyB (80)
2-Cannon chip attack on SeedBatB (40)
3-Snipe Laser sig attack on SpookyC (60)]
The Hicannon pops the ghost and the other is zapped by the laser. The bat is also hit a bit, but manages to gather enough strength to attack and hit Tara.

SpookyB: DELETED!
SpookyC: DELETED!
SeedbatB: 10

Tara: 80
"...Stupid virus, being able to take a Cannon..." Tara glared angrily at the one virus that had withstood the last assault. "Hmph, that last Cannon will put you back in your place!"

"Roger! And even if you miss for some weird, WEIRD reason, your buster can still finish it! But, I don't think I'm the only one that doesn't think that'll happen..."

"Got that right. If I mess this up, I'm deleting myself!"

"I wouldn't go that far..." Grabbing one more chip from his folder, and subsequently emptying it, Brandon perform the routine insert-a-chip-into-the-PET-so-your-Navi-can-use-it motion. "Battlechip, Cannon! Slot in!"

"It's over this time!" With a slight growl in her voice, the cursor Navi quickly locked onto her annoyance, and let out a blast in its direction, before changing her right arm from a green cannon to her purple buster. "If you're smart, you've gone ahead and been deleted by that Cannon shot!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Cannon chip attack on SeedbatB (40)
2-Uncharged buster shot on SeedBatB (9) (if necessary)
3-Uncharged buster shot on SeedBatB (9) (if necessary)]
The cannon finishes off the bat, the buster furthur assuring victory.

SpookyB: DELETED!
SpookyC: DELETED!
SeedbatB: DELETED!

Rewards: 550z
"Well, that was slightly more annoying. I think I might have to jack out soon..." Though she was obviously less energetic than after the first couple of battles, Tara nonetheless managed to transfer the cash data over to the PET. "Too bad, no chip data this time. But, there's good news!"

"If this is a car insurance joke, I'm going to feel very sad..."

"...Actually, our chip trade just got processed. I'm sending the data over now!" And in no time flat, Brandon found himself the proud owner of another Shotgun chip, not to mention slightly richer. "That should be a nice extra weapon for our next battle!"

"Yeah, it's nice that it can delete any virus we've found so far in one hit, aside from Spikey!"

"Well, Spikey are just annoying like that!"

"...You really hate that virus, don't you?"

"It exists just to tick me off!"

"Hey, even you like its chip!"

"It's a Fire-element Shotgun! What's not to like?!"

"Hey, chill out! By the way, are you still up for more virus busting?"

"Hmm...yeah, I guess I'm up for one more battle. But no more!" Though doing it a bit more slowly than the previous time, Tara began a virus scan of the area.

"Hey Tara, are you sure you want to do this? You don't look too excited about this..."

"What are you talking about? I'll wipe the floor with whatever I find!" Her pace suddenly quickened to a near feverish rate...

(searching for Battle #4)
Virus Attack!

MetoolA: 40
MetoolB: 40
MetoolC: 40
CanodumbA: 50
CanodumbC: 50
CanodumbD: 50
SpikeyA: 90
SpikeyB: 90