Corporate-Sponsored Killspree

"Tch, missed one..." hissed Anyis as she turned her back to the arboreal destruction she just wrought. For better or worse, turning around reminded her of the bones she just dodged. Having dealt with these stupid viruses a few too many times, Anyis naturally was familiar with their attacks. Heck, she even had a Skully chip from them, so she knew exactly what getting hit by one of those things would do. It'd really knock her for a loop, and it... homes... "Oh f-" swore Anyis briefly as she saw that, yes, the Skarab's thrown bones were indeed turning around. "Mill! Chip, now! Something to finish the Skarab!" she shouted, already breaking into a sprint towards her target.

"Huh? Wait, what?" questioned Mill, caught off guard by the sudden urgency. "What's the probl- Oh." Okay, yeah, welcome to the party, Mill. "Crap, crap, crap... Jeez, why do Skarabs have so much HP..." grumbled Mill as he fumbled with his chip selection. Wait... Stop and think for a moment. There was no time to setup some sort of combo, so they had to use what was already available. The Skarab was standing on Soil, which meant... Wood attacks? Well, that certainly narrowed the choices, since Mill had all of 2 Wood Battlechips. The Boomerang wasn't strong enough, so... "Okay, MudFlop incoming, Anyis! I'll try to figure out something to escape the bones while you're taking care of the virus." announced Mill as he delivered the chip as quickly as possible.

"Damn right you will!" barked Anyis as the chip data arrived, prompting her to drag one foot in her stride and kick up a divet of dirt. No mercy was granted to the clump of earth, as Anyis immediately blasted it full of ice, mixing with the natural heat of Netfrica to turn the dirt into a mushy lump of mud. While still running, Anyis shuffled her shield over to her right hand, and stuck her now-empty right hand outwards, allowing the mud to splatter across her gauntlet before properly charging at her vile enemy. "Eat this!" shouted Anyis as she dashed past the virus, using her extended arm to apply a lariat in the general direction of the Skarab's boney little neck. She'd have come up with a more derogatory battlecry given how much she hated these things, but... well, she was in a hurry. This was well evidenced by the fact that she kept on running after her attack. Never stopped for even a second.

"Do you have an idea yet, Mill?! I can't keep doing this forever!" asked Anyis hurriedly as she continued fleeing from the pursuing bones.

"I guess all I can give you is the Shadow..." muttered Mill, his gaze casting over to the Ninetails, who likely could shred that option if they so chose to. "... Oh, wait! Maybe this is a good chance to use the DropDown!" he exclaimed before digging through his pocket for the aforementioned chip. "Get ready to fly, Anyis!"

"Fly? How the heck would I-" questioned Anyis as Mill slotted the DropDown in, only to find out the answer right away. Two formations of ice quickly sprung off her back, arching out further and further until Anyis was equipped with a long-reaching pair of frozen wings. Crackling sounds echoed around Anyis as her wings started flapping, attempting to lift her off the ground as she ran. "Whoa, whoa! Hold on you stupid wings, I've never done this before!" yelled Anyis as she felt her balance being thrown off by the additional motion. Against her wishes, the wings continued flapping all the same. "... Oh fine, have it your way!" she shouted, before stomping on the ground with both feet, pushing off and upwards to allow her a liftoff.

While all this still felt weird to her, Anyis really didn't have the gift of trial-and-error at hand, because her fidgeting was letting the Skarab bones close in rather quickly. "A forward boost can't be too hard, right...?!" mumbled Anyis to herself, willing her wings to strike hard against the surrounding air, propelling herself with more speed than she could've ever hoped to gain on foot. "How do you like that, you stupid skeletons?!" boasted Anyis as her hair blew backwards from the flight.

"You know the bones are still going to follow you, right...?" queried Mill, wanting to make sure Anyis didn't get too caught up in the thrill of first flight.

"Of course I know! Can't Magna like, shoot them down or something?" answered Anyis angrily, upset at the question implying her focus was so weak.

Currently, said SP was completely disconnected from the battle itself, being inside his happy little hole getting to know Djinni's own SPs. "Unit Szand and Unit Fhyre... That is understood. I am Unit Magna." said Magna as he introduced himself in return. "You both are very different from Unit Damascus and myself... My data on other SPs was lacking, but now I have gathered very useful observed information on the matter. Thank you." His points of reference on what made a good SP were still few and far between, so getting to know not one, but two more fellow Support Programs was quite helpful.

"... Um, Magna? Mind rejoining the battle for a bit?" asked Mill bluntly. "Anyis wants you to try and shoot down the virus attacks chasing her."

"Understood, Operator." responded Magna simply. "Unit Szand, Unit Fhyre, I will dig a new route to the surface. Use it if you conclude it is practical to do so." Having now informed his allies of what was happening, Magna revved his drill back up, this time in reverse, to send his metallic upper body plowing into the tunnel's dirt ceiling, shoving the earth aside until the golem popped back up to the surface like some sort of purple mole.

As per his usual habits, Magna created a new shield for himself before locating his target... which was not a hard task, as there weren't many ice-winged girls flying around with a trio of Skarab bones chasing them. Magna, too, remembered how hazardous those bones were, as he had to finish of the skeletal viruses himself last time the Mother Unit got hit with one. Given the velocity of the Mother Unit and the bones, the direction... "Target locked." announced Magna as he raised his free hand skyward. The metal shutter on his palm spun open, allowing the embedded barrel of his ranged blaster to aim at the bones. Orange energy built up from his internal core in his hand, and with a cannon-like bang, Magna announced his firing, sending one, two, and three orange bullets into the air.

Anyis could hear Magna's support fire, but for safety's sake, she wasn't quite ready to hit the brakes. While she figured out the little intricacies of her ice wings, Anyis took to the remaining three trees, weaving between them in hopes that any bones Magna missed would hit those instead. She kept a fair distance from the also airborne Djinni, not wanting to bait the Skarab bones into hitting her instead. That'd be terrible. Almost as terrible as... "Okay, what is MeleeMan wearing?" muttered Anyis as she flew over her bucket-headed ally. She strained her eyes to see the murky fog around him, giving her the hint that he was probably using her Cross again. It seemed different, though... "...! Hey! MeleeMan! What the heck is with that jacket?!" yelled Anyis loud enough that her grounded compatriot could hear, highly irritated by his penguin-emblazoned jacket. Damn Pengis... Anyis hated those things almost as much as the Skarabs. Almost. Too pissed off at MeleeMan to focus on her evading, Anyis made one last turn before ducking behind the second tree for cover. She could only hope there was no way those bones could follow all that movement...

Anyis's Actions:
1) MudFlop2 Lariat (100 Wood damage [A], Impact, Blind) @ Skarab2B
2) RUN THE FISH AWAY (Movement)
3) DropDown (High-Altitude Flight, 3 Turns) @ Self
4) FLY, ANYIS, FLY! (Movement)
5) Take cover behind LargeTreeB (Movement)

Magna's Actions:
--Reinforced Golem's Buckler (Passive 3-Hit Shield)
1) Shutter Palm Shot (10 damage [A]) @ Skarab2 bone 1
2) Shutter Palm Shot (10 damage [A]) @ Skarab2 bone 2
3) Shutter Palm Shot (10 damage [A]) @ Skarab2 bone 3

Cooldowns:
Channel Surf - 4 turns
Core Field - 1 turn
Feeling tee-totally, downright satisfied with himself, MeleeMan wiped away a few leaks of data where he'd been hit by swords, barely feeling them. In fact, maybe the pain even helped a bit! It made him feel like he was a bit more "in the zone," so to speak. "Three down! How'd you guys do?" he asked, taking a quick look around. "Score! Male supremacy," he thought to himself with a smirk. "You missed a spot, Damascus," he called out, pointing at the one remaining Heavy virus.

Not hearing him, Damascus reveled in the streams of corrupted data that covered her body, a carryover from where she'd hit the viruses while in blade form. She'd nearly forgotten the taste of it. "Ah, delicious... I'll never grow tired of the succulent flavor and alluring aroma produced by bugfrags!"

... "Blood! I meant blood!" she exclaimed, speaking in a much louder voice than that with which she'd previously (and always in the past) used. "It's the taste of... blood, isn't it?"

"How am I supposed to know, dumbass? You're the one eating it... or covering yourself in it..." MeleeMan replied from surprisingly close by, nearly causing her to jump in panic as he appeared suddenly nearby her. He'd used another teleport to close in on the Heavier. "Also, the heck are you talking about, Anyis? If you don't like the clothes, blame yourself! They're your own damn clothes!"

Rania kept the ruse going, determined to let him find out about the penguin after as much comedic buildup as possible. "Here's some magbolts to go with that areagrab, MeleeMan," she managed, speaking through her hand while slotting through the chips.

"Yeah, yeah. What, are you laughing at Damascus' bugfrag joke? I'm not even sure if that qualifies as a joke, actually," he murmured, still failing to understand anything. "Whatever; there's one good thing to take my mind off of girls and their stupid babbling about nothing, and that's some weight-lifting!" As he said it, he held one fist out, drawing the Heavy towards his outreached hand. If he could get his grip around it, he'd do just as he said: weight-lifting. His plan was to lift the thing above his head and crush it with both electrically charged hands. If that didn't work... well, he had more than one Magbolt to use.

Not looking bashful, exactly, but clearly flustered, Damascus backed away from him to let him handle the last one. "Maybe... perhaps even as a navi, the bugfrags were what I was tasting? But..." the SP whispered under her breath, licking some of the substance from her skinsuit-clad fingers as she did. "But it would just feel stupid to call them bugfrags now. It doesn't exactly have the same weight to it as 'blood...'"

As she licked virus data from her hands, she stared with an unintentionally menacing glare towards the remaining Heavier. Her real feeling was indifference, but it always came off as intimidating regardless.

MeleeMan
1) AreaGrab behind LargeTreeD [Accuracy UP + Teleport]
*) Red Rage to next attack [+30 strengthen]
2) Magbolt2 @ HeavierC [140 elec melee, boosted A+ accuracy + stun + magnetic pull]
*) Ghost Infusion #1 to next attack [+20 strengthen]
*) Ghost Infusion #2 to next attack [+20 strengthen]
3) Magbolt1 @ HeavierC [130 elec melee, boosted A+ accuracy + stun + magnetic pull]
4) Dodge
5) Dodge

Damascus
*) Variable debuff to next attack @ HeavierC [+20 debuff]
1) Dodge
2) Dodge
"Hey Fhyre!" Szand called out to his sibling as he realized that Magna had begun to enter the battlefield, "I can understand you wanting to hide to keep us safe from danger. And this Magna guy isn't too bad. But I don't want to owe him something. Help me out here, OK?" Fhyre simply showed a thumbs up at the notion of assisting their purple companion and grabbed Szand's core while making way to the surface through Magna's tunnel. "Hey, big and purple!" Szand called out to Magna once the two were back on the surface, "Let us help with that!"

In an instant Fhyre had thrown Szand towards the bones Magna had been targetting, while letting herself land on the ground next to Magna. She put her three hands together and spun them around as if they were a turbine and launched two fireballs at one of the bones. Szand, still flying towards the bones after getting thrown, had balled his hands into concrete fists in order to smash the bones out of the air.

Still in the air, Djinni could see that she was not the only one who had taken to the skies. Losing her focus over this new find, she waved over at Anyis. "Isn't flying the best!? Feeling the wind in your face as you go at high speeds is the best in the sky!" she shouted over to her friend enthusiastically.

But she also heard Anyis shout something over to MeleeMan, making Djinni focus a bit more on her companion. It was then that she saw the penguin on MeleeMan's back. She turned her body towards MeleeMan while leaning forwards, her ponytail drooped over her shoulder and her chest abiding to the laws of gravity. "I didn't know you liked them that much, MeleeMan!" she shouted over at the muscled Navi, thinking of the penguin he had on the back of his jacket, "Don't you get the feeling you want to see more of them!?" Djinni never truly disliked viruses, but was completely aware of all the trouble they could cause. For this purpose she would delete them, but a friendly virus wouldn't be so bad. They could even be friends. But for now she knew these viruses were clearly enemies.

"Now then..." she said as she smiled behind her mask, "Where were we..." She opened her cape while turning towards the Ninetails viruses that she had damaged already. "So you guys want to play too?" she asked happily. As she asked this, a black spot appeared in the inside of her crimson cape which kept growing and growing. Until a meteor came flying out, shaped like a spire, and kept going towards one of the Ninetails viruses. "Let's play fetch." Djinni said as she floated to the point where her body would fall completely behind the meteor. Once she had reached her location, she vanished and appeared behind the Ninetails viruses on the ground while the heat of her attack still lingered around the other Ninetails. But before she had disappeared, she had thrown a trio of Kunai at the Ninetails she had just attacked. "Let's say goodbye," she said and unleashed a quick blast of lava at the Ninetails she had attacked with her meteor.

Summary
D = Djinni.EXE [Fire/Shadow] [Knockback Buster] [AirShoes/FloatShoes] [4 Actions] [Fire Chips - Single Target: +25 FIRE; Multiple Targets +15 FIRE]
F = Fhyre.SP [Fire/Shield] [Fire Attack] [2 Actions] [Fire Chips - Single Target: +15 FIRE; Multiple Targets +10 FIRE]
S = Szand.SP [Null/Melee] [Wood Attack] [2 Actions]

D1. Fire Art - Spire Meteor [80 Shot FIRE; Impact; NC Uninstall; 4 TCD] @ NinetailsA
D2. Fire Art - Heatwave Slash [Teleport; 60 Melee FIRE; Slashing; 4 TCD] @ NinetailsC
D3. Kunai1 [30 DMG; 3 Hits; Variable Targetting; Slashing; B Accuracy; Ranged] @ NinetailsC
D4. LavaCannon1 [90 FIRE; +40 FIRE If On Lava Panel; B Accuracy; Ranged] @ NinetailsA
F1. ATK [20 FIRE] @ Skarab2 bone 1
F2. ATK [20 FIRE] @ Skarab2 bone 1
S1. ATK [30 WOOD] @ Skarab2 bone 2
S2. ATK [30 WOOD] @ Skarab2 bone 3
Kicking up a clod of dirt, Anyis turned it into a muddy lariat and applied it directly to the Skarab's neck, snapping it easily. She then took for the skies, avoiding the Skarab bones as much as she could while Magna, Fhyre, and Szand fired at the bones, sending them crashing to the ground before they could hurt her. Meanwhile, MeleeMan electrified a surviving Heavier, while Djinni dealt some fiery hurt to a few Ninetails.

Skarab2A: DELETED
Skarab2B: DELETED
Skarab2C: DELETED

Swordy-F2 A: DELETED
Swordy-F2 B: DELETED
Swordy-F2 C: DELETED
LargeTreeB: 200 HP [Grass]

Ninetails2A: DELETED
Ninetails2B: DELETED
Ninetails2C: DELETED
LargeTreeC: 200 HP [Grass]

HeavierA: DELETED
HeavierB: DELETED
HeavierC: DELETED
LargeTreeD: 200 HP [Grass]

-Terrain-
55% Soil
35% Grass [10% Directly beneath each trees, not around it]
5% Broken, 5% Cracked

Anyis.EXE: 190 HP [3-hit shield] [Strengthen 5] [Near Skarab/Soil]
Magna.SP: 80 HP [Burrowed into Soil]

MeleeMan.EXE: 345 HP [L2 AnyisCross: Aqua/Melee, +15 Aqua] [ColdPunch 4/6] [Near TreeB/Soil]
Damascus.SP: 60 HP [80 HP Barrier] [Soil]

Djinni.EXE: 160 HP [Flying over TreeC/Soil]
Fhyre.SP: 70 HP [Burrowed into Soil]
Szand.SP: 80 HP [Burrowed into Soil]

-- ROGUE TEAM BATTLE 02, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

Anyis: [Skully2] Battlechip, 2300z, 35 BugFrags, 8 Melee/Djinni FXP
MeleeMan: [Shake2] Battlechip, 2000z, 35 BugFrags, 8 Anyis/Djinni FXP
Djinni: 2100z, 35 BugFrags, 8 Anyis/Melee FXP
"Hahhh... Glad that's over..." sighed Anyis, letting out an extended breath as she slowly made her landing next to the tree. Once the heels of her boots were firmly planted back in the dirt, Anyis's frozen wings let off one final flap or two before shattering into tiny fragments, signaling that the rental flight period was now over. She clapped her hands to make her gauntlets unequip, and proceeded to nonchalantly dust the residual icy powder off her shoulders.

"So? How'd you like flying?" queried Mill, curious as to the worth of his DropDown chip.

"Well, it saved my hide, so I can't fault it that much. At the same time, though, I couldn't really tell how much I was enjoying since I was... you know, fleeing for my life from those stupid bones!" answered Anyis honestly, not withholding a scathing retort to what she thought was a dumb question.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Is 'Are you okay?' a better question?" responded Mill curtly, having long since learned how this kind of exchange went with his Navi.

"Yes, much better, and I am in fact fine." stated Anyis with a slight smile as she approached Magna, Fhyre, and Szand. "Good work you three, shooting down all those bones for m-" Whatever praise she was doling out to the SPs was apparently premature, as one last Skarab bone came falling out of the sky, missing Anyis's nose by little but a centimeter before falling to the dirt. She blinked, looked down at the bone, turned her head back up to make sure there wasn't any more of that coming, then looked back down at the bone, mentally at a loss to comprehend what just happened. "..."

"Mother Unit? Is there a problem?" asked Magna simply, as if he was just ignoring the falling bone just now.

Anyis looked up to face Magna as he asked that, stared at him for a few moments, then knelt down to pick up the bone. "... No, no problem at all." answered Anyis unemotionally, as she gripped the bone tightly. Very tightly. Very, very tightly... She was totally trying to break it.

"Wait, wait, wait! We can save that as chip data! I know Skarabs piss you off, but don't destroy the chip!" pleaded Mill, not wanting to pass up on a new Battlechip just for the sake of Anyis's anger management.

"... Fine." grumbled Anyis as she loosened her grip. She stood there a moment to contemplate her next action, before turning around and proceeding towards the next virus camp at a rather brisk pace. "Okay everyone, move out, move out! Magna, hurry up and finish your Bugfrags! MeleeMan, there's no way in hell that's my jacket, so change out of the ugly thing! Damascus, quit gorging yourself on ghost data! I can promise you that's not a good thing!" shouted Anyis, barking orders like a field commander and waving the bone around like a baton. "Djinni... Just follow me!" She had to pause upon reaching her fellow female Navi, not knowing anything about Djinni to nitpick over... yet. She'd figured that out soon enough, probably. To be perfectly honest, Anyis was only in such a hurry to get as far away from any part of Netfrica Net housing more Skarabs.
MeleeMan's nostrils flared as Djinni approached, posing him an interesting and very easy to misinterpret question. He stared at her chest brazenly (although his eyes were still shadowed, as always). MeleeMan wasn't one to get embarrassed, nor one to turn down a good proposition. "Yeah, sure. Who wouldn't? I also get the feeling that feeling them wouldn't be so bad either!" he responded, smirking confidently. "You know, they're big, but I've got big hands. Do you wanna bet whether or not I could cup the whole thing with one hand? Maybe we'd both enjoy it."

"Cup... a whole penguin with one hand? What are you talking about?" his operator asked, half-moaning as she realized that he must have misunderstood something. "I don't think anything's going to enjoy being squeezed by your giant, burning hands."

"Ha ha ha! We'd just have to see how they'd respond," he chuckled, grinning confidently.

"... O-Okay..."

The big navi received the Shake2 chip data, then flexed both arms experimentally. No soreness. No soreness means no workout. No workout means it's not worth lifting the dumbells. "Heavies just aren't heavy enough. This chip's going to be useless," he sighed, crossing both arms across his chest as his AnyisCross dissipated.

"You could always try using it as an actual weapon, like it's supposed to be used," Rania suggested, feeling similarly deflated by her navi's utter lack of regard for a great chip.

"Nah, I've got better things to club people with than this," he murmured, apparently not understanding that it was meant to be thrown. "Maybe I should try lifting Anyis' SP or something? That'd probably be a damn good workout. That guy in one hand, Damascus in the other! I can feel myself sweating already."

"Th-That sounds impossible," Rania responded with a critical, disbelieving smirk. "Also, could it be that you've forgotten her SP's name?"

Keeping his voice low, MeleeMan lowered his head and answered. "Yeah, but I forgot her operator's too, remember?"

"Is that supposed to be a defense?"

"Not really. For me, defense has always been an afterthought."

"Is that why you make your statements impossible to defend?"

Not caring to continue the back and forth banter, MeleeMan turned his attention irritably back to Anyis. "Dammit, what the hell's her problem?! It's HER jacket! It's white and full of ghosts, just like her stuff! Damn!" he grumbled, annoyed that he'd somehow set her off without even trying to. If she was going to snap at him, he'd like to at least provoke it like he usually did.

Damascus glowered at Anyis, then followed along wordlessly, approaching Magna slowly as she did so. "Our masters do not properly respect our abilities, nor the limitations that come with these forms. Gorging oneself on blood is only natural for a blade. What use is a blade that cannot spill blood?" she murmured. "I follow my master's orders, but not because I revere him. I follow them for the promise of more blood. Do you follow the woman only because you are told to do so?"
With a job well done and coming out of the battle without wounds, Fhyre was proud of her performance. Despite not having done much. Szand, having been thrown at the bones before, was standing near Anyis and looked on as she wanted to break the bone in the end. Even without the direct features of a proper face, he was smiling broadly at the display of anger. Fhyre, on the other hand, wanted to get back to her mistress as quickly as she could. Having her hands spread to the sides and above her, she floated at Djinni as fast as she could.

Djinni, at the same time, was flying towards Fhyre. "Hahahaha!" she chuckled happily. But while Fhyre tried to embrace Djinni, Djinni had other plans and simply flied past her loyal SP. She stopped near MeleeMan, floating near the surface, and nodded. "I'm sure they'd enjoy it! And maybe if you're gentle or nice to them, they will show even more of themselves!" Djinni talked to MeleeMan excitedly. Of course, this was all about Pengi viruses. Completely. "I'm sure that even with your muscles, you will find the way to make them feel comfortable. Oh, maybe like they belong to you!" Pengi viruses. Totally. But as soon as she noticed MeleeMan was checking out the new chip he had received, she decided to check on her own people.

"Fhyre?" she asked once she approached her fiery SP who had just let her core drop onto the ground after she was ignored. Her hands were woefully sad on the ground, one of them drawing circles in the soil below them, and she turned her core towards Djinni. "Are you alright?" Djinni asked, picking the core up and looked at Fhyre from all sides, "No errors... Right?"

"Body and brains of a cow, woman," Szand remarked as he approached the two. He took a glance at Fhyre and pretty easily understood what was going on. After all, they were of a similar design. "I'd tell you 'I'll let her talk it out with you', but that's a bit hard for her to do," he continued to speak, resting one hand on the floor to push himself up, "Why doesn't she have a voice anyway..."

"I... Don't know," Djinni said while glancing at Szand, turning her eyes back to Fhyre after speaking her 3 words.

"Well, just let her mope," Szand continued to speak, "She'll get over it." He dropped himself to the ground, floating slightly above the surface. "We should get going," he commented once he noticed the others had started to move as well. With a quick move he grabbed hold of Fhyre's core and carried her along.

"Alright...?" Djinni said, not sure what to think of the situation. With Fhyre and Szand being made of the Efreet program's parts and Djinni fusing together with it, she had expected to make more sense of it all. But the lack of voice still put up a rather big barrier between herself and Fhyre. "Hey, Na'im," she asked as she floated after her SPs towards the big group, "Why doesn't Fhyre have a voice?"

Na'im, not really sure about the details either, shrugged. "I provided the two parts of Efreet with a basic design," he said, following it up with a question, "Have you read what Fhyre has written?" Noticing Djinni simply shook her head, he glanced further along the screen at Fhyre being carried by Szand, "Maybe she simply didn't know how to get herself a voice. She doesn't seem intelligent."

Djinni simple nodded, making it a mental note to read whatever Fhyre had written later. With her SPs and herself back with the group, Djinni glanced at Anyis and MeleeMan curiously a few times while following Anyis as she seemed to be the leader. Made sense as her Operator was the one who got the job for them. "Hey," Djinni spoke up at her two companions, "Why do you two fight?" It was a short question, but Djinni was curious about their motivations to fight. It was obvious to see that Anyis and MeleeMan were created to fight, just like herself, but she simply wanted to know more about them. Where else to start than something they seemed to enjoy doing.

On the SP side, Szand and Fhyre had joined the couple of Damascus and Magna just in time for Szand to hear Damascus' comment. "Do we have a choice?" he asked, floating a bit ahead of the two. "Without them we wouldn't exist. We can only join battles and be ourselves because we are a part of their program."

(Battle 3 Start)
Proceeding further into the network to continue their cleansing spree, the team went into a bunch of sand dunes, looking pretty with their rolling hills and all. They came across a strange formation of eight large boulders arranged in a hemisphere, with the leftmost one glowing green and humming slightly.

However, before they had a chance to inspect the rocks, they noticed a slight buzzing noise, which quickly grew louder and louder. Then, without warning, a swarm of Skeeter viruses approached them from many directions. A trio of fiery Megalian viruses also flew towards them from where they came from. Even worse, some viruses appeared from beneath the sands behind the rocks. One of them was a VacuumFan, which immediately tore up the sands with its wind, creating a sandstorm!

-- ENEMIES --
Skeeto A: 80 HP [High Alt/Front]
Skeeto B: 80 HP [High Alt/Front]
Skeeto C: 80 HP [High Alt/Left]
Skeeto D: 80 HP [High Alt/Left]
Skeeto E: 80 HP [High Alt/Right]
Skeeto F: 80 HP [High Alt/Right]
Megalian-F2 A: 190 HP {80HP Fire Aura} [Rear]
Megalian-F2 B: 190 HP {80HP Fire Aura} [Rear]
Megalian-F2 C: 190 HP {80HP Fire Aura} [Rear]

Genin2 A: 140 HP [Behind Boulder A]
Genin2 B: 140 HP [Behind Boulder B]
Genin2 C: 140 HP [Behind Boulder C]
LowBlow A: 140 HP [Behind Boulder D]
LowBlow B: 140 HP [Behind Boulder E]
LowBlow C: 140 HP [Behind Boulder F]
RareVacuumFan: 200 HP [Behind Boulder G]

-- OBJECTS --
Large Boulder A: 200 HP [Anchored/StoneBody]
Large Boulder B: 200 HP [Anchored/StoneBody]
Large Boulder C: 200 HP [Anchored/StoneBody]
Large Boulder D: 200 HP [Anchored/StoneBody]
Large Boulder E: 200 HP [Anchored/StoneBody]
Large Boulder F: 200 HP [Anchored/StoneBody]
Large Boulder G: 200 HP [Anchored/StoneBody]
Green Boulder: 80 HP

-- ALLIES --
Anyis.EXE: 190 HP
Magna.SP: 80 HP

MeleeMan.EXE: 345 HP
Damascus.SP: 60 HP

Djinni.EXE: 160 HP
Fhyre.SP: 70 HP
Szand.SP: 80 HP

-- TERRAIN/CONDITIONS --
100% Sand
Weather: Sandstorm [3 Turns] - Accuracy -10% To-All

-- ROGUE TEAM BATTLE 03, READY? START!! --
"Hrmm... Why do I fight..." pondered Anyis aloud, as she all but dragged Djinni along while the question was being asked. Despite the previous rush to get away from the Skarab nest, Anyis came to a standing pause to allow herself a period of deep thought on the matter. She placed her gloved index finger up against her lip for a few seconds while wracking her brain, before eventually muttering, "I guess I just... Um... Err..."

"Just can't get your day started right until you punch something?" offered Mill in place of Anyis's lack of an answer.

"Like hell that's it!" snapped Anyis briskly, turning away from Djinni just long enough to shout at her Operator. "I just... like fighting, I guess?" muttered Anyis, crossing her arms with a puzzled look on her face as she said it. "There's nothing to think about in a fight but the fight itself, and I like having that as an escape."

"An escape? What are you thinking about so hard that you need an escape?" questioned Mill incredulously, having not taken his Navi as the brooding type up to this point.

"Huh? What's with that tone? I have plenty of things on my mind, thank you very much! You don't even know half of what goes on in my head, Mill!" argued Anyis while dodging the question outright, and forgetting that she was originally talking to Djinni instead of her Operator.

"That's why I asked!" groaned Mill in frustration, fighting off a desire to reach through the PET and smack his Navi. "How am I supposed to sort through the decades of memories you have? Even if I just pick through your brain while you sleep, which you'd hate me for, it'd take years for me to get any sort of handle on everything you've experienced. Your old designs, your old habits, your old Operators... I really don't know much about you at all even at this point."

"Oooh..." responded Anyis simply, before a coy grin twisted its way onto her face. "Worried about how you compare to my other Operators, are you?" she laughed, reveling in Mill's turmoil as a light breeze picked up along the way.

"No way, not a chance, I'm not falling for that." retorted Mill bluntly.

"Heh... Don't worry about it, I've been around worse. If you want to ask about anything next time we're free, I'll try to answer." said Anyis with one final chuckle, while fiddling with her wind-tossed hair. While her mood had lightened with that dialogue resolved, Anyis was quickly getting irritated again when the wind kept increasing in force. "... Argh, what the hell is this all of a sudden?!" she growled in response to a particularly strong gust.

"We've been surrounded by viruses, Mother Unit. A wind-producing unit is positioned behind the far boulder." answered Magna promptly, having noticed the trap well beforehand.

"A warning would've been nice!" complained Anyis as she quickly looked around the battlefield, scouting her opponents to find a good target. Naturally, given how much she hated having her hair messed up, Anyis immediately picked out the RareVacuumFan churning up the sandstorm that just engulfed them, but a scowl adorned her face as she noticed the large rock obstructing her angle of attack. "Argh, stupid boulder! MeleeMan, Djinni, you two figure out how to kill the wind, I'll clear the way!" she announced, actually offering to assist her teammates for once. She actually hated this wind SO much that deferring the kill rights was acceptable. That fact alone explained the monumental amount of hatred Anyis had for this Fan quite well.

"Fight rock with rock, I guess..." muttered Mill as he appeased his Navi's wish, slotting a Rockcube chip into his PET to destroy the boulder protecting the RareVacuumFan. The stone cube dropped onto the sandy battlefield in front of Anyis, making her next move quite obvious.

"Boogeyman!" Anyis shouted, commanding her phantom minion into existence between herself and the Rockcube. Her will was instilled in Boogeyman as soon as he appeared, so his purpose was clear without explanation: push Rockcube, wreck boulder. If he had emotions, Boogeyman would probably appreciate how simple this task was compared to some of his recent work, but such thoughts were beyond him. Thus, the Rockcube was pushed with as much force as the ghost could muster, sending it tumbling through the wind and across the sand towards the boulder protecting the RareVacuumFan.

Anyis had already turned to her next target while Boogeyman did his work, picking out the trio of Megalians that had snuck up on the team from behind. "Red aura... Ha, Fire elementals! You lot think you can fight me?!" scoffed Anyis as she realized her advantage. The sandstorm was still swirling throughout the battlefield, so her ranged options were pretty much handicapped beyond use. That... did not concern Anyis at all. "Mill, I want my ColdPunch... and something with good damage. GolemHit would work, I think."

"You're just going to run headfirst into a group of Megalians?" questioned Mill hesitantly. Mill had an AuraHead chip already, so a Megalian's means of attack was no mystery, nor was how much damage it could deal. He had already picked out the requested chips for Anyis, but wanted to hear an answer before sending her to a potential suicide.

"Mm... Magna, throw me." decided Anyis hastily, not wanting to give the viruses a chance to attack first.

"Understood, Mother Unit." nodded Magna, who quickly turned towards the Mother Unit and reached out his hand... before pausing on the spot. "..."

"Magna? Come on, hurry up!" ordered Anyis, who clapped her hands together to summon her gauntlets.

"... Apologies, Mother Unit. I had to recalculate for the sandstorm conditions." explained Magna, before abruptly projecting his barrier onto the Mother Unit. With a buffer against the sandstorm now provided, Magna picked her up, his fingers wrapping around the spherical wall of energy.

"Oh...? Not a bad idea, Magna." commended Anyis, floating suspended within the barrier. Launching into the Megalians with some protection was a much better idea than just going in basic, she thought while equipping the GolemHit Mill sent, allowing her right gauntlet to be encased in stone. As soon as that was set, frost immediately began accumulating on the earthen fist, as Anyis's natural cold presence seeped into the chip's code and converted it to an Aqua chip. "All set over here, make it a good throw!" announced Anyis, clenching her weaponized fist as she glared at the Megalians.

Magna nodded in response, then lifted the barrier high above his head. With a strong heave that only a 10 foot golem was capable of, Magna hurled Anyis straight into the Megalians, the middle of which was met with her GolemHit fist, propelled with all the force of Magna's throw and infused with icy power. The attempted swing of the GolemHit had to be instantaneous, since Anyis flew straight past the virus in the blink of an eye, what with the lack of air brakes on this barrier. She impacted with the sand not far behind the Megalians, leaving a small crater in her wake as she charged back to the viruses, allowing the stone to break away from her gauntlet only to be substituted with pure ice as Anyis's trusted ColdPunch was equipped. With her FloatShoes program allowing clean footing on the loose sand, Anyis immediatley re-engaged with the Megalians, swinging her frozen fist at the surrounding aura-encased viruses as the sheer impact of the GolemHit still rippled through the surrounding sand.

After taking a few shots at the jaws of the Megalians, Anyis backed off, allowing herself to observe the results of her attempt to blow out the flanking side of this surprise attack. Magna too assumed a defensive posture from a ways away, assembling his common metal shield in his hand and watching both his allies and the surrounding viruses.

Anyis's Actions:
1) Rockcube (200 HP Object)
--Boogeyman (Passive Knockback): Push Rockcube (200 damage) @ BoulderG
--Ice Bleeding (Imbue Aqua):
2) Ice GolemHit2 (190 Aqua damage , Break, Panel Break, Wide Attack) @ Megalian-F2B/A/C
3) ColdPunch (95 Aqua damage [A], Impact, Knockback) @ Megalian-F2A
4) ColdPunch (95 Aqua damage [A], Impact, Knockback) @ Megalian-F2C
5) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
1) Core Field (80 HP Barrier) @ Mother Unit
2) Throw Mother Unit @ Megalian-F2B
--Reinforced Golem's Buckler (Passive 3-Hit Shield)
3) Dodge
MeleeMan's smirk became an increasingly genuine grin as he nodded along with Djinni's perfectly sensible comments. "Yeah, I'm sure they will! 'Like they belong to me,' huh?" he chuckled quietly, rubbing his chin and allowing himself to imagine the experience. He was so enthralled with the mental image that he barely noticed as a tremendous wave of viruses approached... at least until one of them activated its vacuum fan, which was pretty impossible to ignore. "Dammit! It's like an alarm clock that wakes you up right when you're at the best part of the dream... Luckily, both that fan and an alarm clock share one crucial similarity: you can shut it off if you hit it hard enough."

Thinking for a moment, he realized Djinni had asked him something else. "Huh, why do we fight? Like, why do I fight with Anyis? Because she's too big for her britches, that's why," MeleeMan sighed, crossing both arms across his chest. "A guy like me has to keep her in her place every once and a while or she gets cocky!" Although, thinking on it, he couldn't remember too many times where he'd genuinely managed to knock her down a peg. In fact, a more realistic explanation would be that he simply fights with everyone, regardless of how he feels about them. "Yeah, well, you get it. Anyways, her answer pretty much covers everything. People like us just like to fight."

Damascus, in the mean time, realized that Magna hadn't taken her up on the conversation, but Szand had. "SPs can become navis, just as navis can become SPs. It's true that we don't always have the means to make that conversion, but there is no point in living with such an idiotic status quo," she replied, turning her sharp glare towards him, but not her entire head. "Even as a weapon, I have always realized that in a fight, strategy will typically win out over brute force. As such, I wonder if you and I, with our superior knowledge, may eventually take the role of leadership from our so-called 'masters.'"

"What?" Rania asked over the PET, lowering her eyebrows. Damascus didn't change her expression, but was secretly surprised. She had completely forgotten Rania was even listening to her. "Are you planning to try and kill MeleeMan or something? If you are, at least don't let everyone else know, alright? I don't want anyone trying to kill anyone else," the operator scolded her SP, not taking the threat very seriously. She couldn't really imagine Damascus (or much of anyone) killing MeleeMan.

"Of course, however, it's not so much that I'd like to kill him. I was just thinking that it might be a superior arrangement if I was to be the navi and he my SP, instead of the way your grandfather arranged. I was much more powerful than he when I was converted, and my combat prowess must certainly be more worthy."

"Well... yeah, that was weird of him. But remember, you were more powerful. When he converted you down, that took away all of that power. I don't think there's any way to just grab it back," Rania admitted, becoming increasingly curious as to why her grandfather had done something so hard for Damascus to live with.

Grunting, Damascus closed her eyes and decided it'd be better not to talk about it any further. "I'll lead an attack on the LowBlow viruses," she called out to the other SPs, opening back up her eyes to give Szand one of her notably irritable glares. "If you can strengthen me with the techniques I've seen you use before, that would be wise. I will show you my own power."

"What? You need strengthening? Just ask me, dumbass, I can handle it," MeleeMan laughed, grabbing Damascus around the waist. She looked back with obvious contempt, but he matched her glare with a silly grin. "Go ahead, turn into a sword. Let me show you what I can do." With that, she transformed her body into steel, then took on her blade form. He grabbed hold of her blade, superheating it with his gauntlets. "That doesn't hurt, right?"

"No, master. It would take much more than that to hurt me," she replied, surprising him. He wasn't really sure if she could talk as a sword or not. With that, she flew from his grasp, then flew towards the viruses, spinning like a martial arts movie special effect. "Watch, Szand, and see the power of an SP!"

"Or, watch and see the power of the most powerful fighter on the net!... Not that I really care if you watch, cause, you know, we're like the only two dudes here," he coughed. With that, he bounded into the air, disappearing in a pillar of smoke and flames. While mid-air, he requested a few chips, sounding ridiculous due to the flapping of his face from the velocity. He came back down nearby the Fan, with his gauntlet burning so that a sword of flames engulfed his hand. "I don't need you distracting everyone."

With those simple words, he drew an X across the virus's cube-shaped body using his sword, then turned his back on it. If it was going to explode, he figured it'd look pretty cool not to look at it when it did. "Next, I'm going to show you tricky ninja types just what I think of your magic crap," he chuckled confidently, then ignited the thrusters in his boots. He flew towards one of the ninjas with both fists extended outward; if it was hit, it would surely be crushed. Of course, he knew better than to rely on that.

"Here's the coup de grace! Let's see you guys ninja your ways out of this one," he growled, raising both fists above his head. He brought the mighty overhead club down, smashing into the ninja ranks. "Ninjas died out in old Electopia, didn't they? Something like that. Well, people still use fists even nowadays, suckers! There's a reason for that!"

MeleeMan:
*) Give Red Rage to Damascus
1) AreaGrab towards RareVacuumFan [Accuracy UP + Teleport]
2) FireSword @ RareVacuumFan [105 boosted fire, boosted A accuracy + slashing]
3) FireSword @ RareVacuumFan [105 boosted fire, boosted A accuracy + slashing]
4) Berserk Blitz @ Genin2 A [160 fire melee + self-microburst to launch]
*) Melee subtype Bash to next attack [+impact]
5) GolemHit1 @ Genin2 group [140/140/140 melee, boosted A accuracy + Break + Impact + Panel Crack + Wide Attack]

Damascus:
1) Steel Skin [Self-ironbody, 1 turn, 2TCD]
*) Variable buff to next attack [+20 buff]
*) I am getting a +10 strengthen from Szand when Shur posts and putting it on this attack [+10 strengthen]
*) MeleeMan's Red Rage to next attack [+30 strengthen]
2) StepSword @ LowBlow group [140/140/140 damage melee, S/A/A accuracy + Slashing + Wide Attack + Teleport]
Even with her answers received, she didn't immediately know how to react to them. "Because they like it... Fun?" she thought. It was true that she enjoyed fighting when she was with Broadside. Or the time when she fought Machman. But was it the excitement of the combat or just because she had fun with it? "Fun, isn't it?" she continued to think as MeleeMan and Anyis had already stepped into their starting blocks for the fight.

On the other side was Szand who had received an answer as well. He was simply glancing at Damascus curiously, hearing her talk about her vision on SPs and what she knew. "I guess... Each Support System has its own story" he replied to her, "I know Fhyre and I cannot simply disconnect from Djinni. We are literally a part of her." But he was now clear on Damascus' situation. For a moment he glanced at Magna, wondering if the golem had a different situation as well. "Besides... A tactician should stand behind its dumb warrior."

But as MeleeMan grabbed Damascus, while Szand looked at it quietly and realizing where Damascus' feelings came from, Djinni had walked over to Fhyre and put her hands against two of Fhyre's hands. "Hey," she said, "Let's have fun." A mere nod came from Fhyre, without any resemblance of enthusiasm, while Djinni made a quick hop into the air and started to float. "You too, Szand!" she shouted at him.

"Fun?" he groaned as he glanced over his shoulder for a moment, only to look back at Damascus before she was thrown. "We aren't weak nor do we need to prove our power," he said and looked on as the female sword flew through the air, "But if you have to, why not enjoy it?" He slapped his hands together and slid his fingers around the sand particles floating in front of him. "Hey Djinni," he continued to talk as he glanced at his mistress, "Sure, let's try fun." Bringing one hand into the air, swinging the sand particles around, he swung at Damascus in order to grant her the strengthening she had requested.

Djinni simply smiled behind her mask at Szand's reply, then flew up to the sky in order to reach the group of Skeetos. Djinni's cape fluttered wildly in the wind of the Fan and the velocity of herself, the light of its insides being a beacon of her location. In the flutter of her cape, a second copy of Djinni appeared out of nowhere which flew along Djinni's side with the same destination. "Fhyre and Szand will back me up!" she exclaimed, her mouth luckily being protected in a way to prevent sand from going in, "So I'll just go all out with you guys!" With her last words she stopped in the middle of the Skeeto viruses.

"I suppose you thought this out, Djinni?" Na'im asked as he thumbed through their chips. Even with her position amongst the viruses, their chips simply didn't offer enough damage potential for that instant.

"Not at all!" Djinni enthusiastically exclaimed while putting her fists into her sides. It was true. She simply came to the viruses because it would've been the most interesting location. "No plan at all! I'll just have some fun with these guys!"

Na'im rubbed his temples while back on the surface, lacking an actual head, Szand placed three fingers against his core. "Idiot," Szand muttered and beckoned Fhyre over. "We have to give bac-" he started, but didn't complete his sentence as he noticed Fhyre had completely put her core onto the ground with her hands lazily lying around the place. "Are you feeling alright?" he asked, approaching her somewhat but not wanting to ruin the straight shot he'd have at Djinni's location. As reply, he was met by Fhyre 'pulling' herself over the floor in order to reach Szand. "I guess... That is fine... After this we should have you checked."

"You will get back-up," Na'im said as he verified the Support Programs' location and took 2 chips from their stack. "I'll get you ammunition, but you really should think this through," he commented, "Even for fun you need some planning."

Djinni simply smiled while accepting the chips. It was true that she didn't plan what she would do once she got to the viruses, but she did plan on what to do while getting there. Wanting to keep it a surprise to the Skeeto viruses, Djinni's body had already turned into a living fire that would reform itself whenever she would get attacked. "But it wouldn't be fun without some fire, would it?" Djinni asked as the decoy Djinni placed her back against the original Djinni. "Then let's turn up the heat," the decoy replied with a slight nod of her head. With their backs against each other, they started to produce flames from their capes and collected it like a ball floating over the ring on their right hands. "Hahahahaha!" both Djinnis laughed as they spun around once while leaving behind a trail of flames around them. "Ignite!" they exclaimed and the ring of fire shot outwards to the viruses.

While Djinni played around with her decoy, Szand was having some technical issues on the surface. Fhyre was still lazily positioned on the floor, seemingly without energy, and just rolled her core around once in a while. "Come on," Szand said and grabbed her core, keeping her in the air. But still she refused to move. "I don't like doing this to you, but Djinni needs you," Szand commented and brought forth the remains of his sand veil. The particles of sand floated over Fhyre, strengthening her while forcing her hands into offensive forms. "We have to help her, Fhyre," Szand said, "That is our duty." Fhyre's hands were forced to be put in a triangle, their palms against each other, and began to spin along with the sand particles. Two quick fireballs were formed and immediately shot by Fhyre while Szand had made a spire of sand in his empty hand which was shot closely after Fhyre's attacks. "Look," Szand said, still having Fhyre in his hands, "I won't let you do this all the time. But for now you can rest with me, OK?"

Summary
D = Djinni.EXE [Fire/Shadow] [Knockback Buster] [AirShoes/FloatShoes] [4 Actions] [Fire Chips - Single Target: +25 FIRE; Multiple Targets +15 FIRE]
F = Fhyre.SP [Fire/Shield] [Fire Attack] [2 Actions] [Fire Chips - Single Target: +15 FIRE; Multiple Targets +10 FIRE]

D1. Fly up to the center of the Skeetos' formation [High Altitude]
D2. Mythical Art - Line of Heritage [Shadow; 2 TCD] @ Self.
D. Shadow Subtype [Decoy]
D3. FireBurn1 [50+15 FIRE; Strikes Up To Three Enemies; A Accuracy; Ranged] @ SkeetoA/B/C
D4. FireBurn1 [50+15 FIRE; Strikes Up To Three Enemies; A Accuracy; Ranged] @ SkeetoD/E/F
F1. ATK [20+10 FIRE] @ SkeetoB
F2. ATK [20+10 FIRE] @ SkeetoC
S1. Desert Art - Veil of Sand [30 Strengthen; Small Area Sand Panels; Szand.SP Only; 1 TCD] 10 Strengthen @ Damascus' StepSword; 20 Strengthen @ Fhyre
S2. ATK [30 WOOD] @ SkeetoA
Anyis started off the battle with a RockCube summon, having Boogeyman push it into a nearby boulder. Unfortunately, the boulder seemed to weather the blow with ease, only taking a minor crack while the RockCube was smashed to pieces. MeleeMan, meanwhile, powered up Damascus, with some help from Szand, and the sword SP teleported over to the LowBlow group, giving them hell with her slicing technique as they were immediately executed. Djinni had a little fun with the Skeetos, getting some help from Fhyre as she toasted quite a few of them easily, giving them no chance to retaliate, as they were unable to stick their suckers into burning fire. Szand shot a spire of sand at one of the mosquitoes, tallying up the total score of dead Skeeto to 2.

Meanwhile, MeleeMan took out the Fan virus with a double strike of FireSword-imbued manliness, and shot further towards a Genin, taking it out before it could retaliate towards him. The other Genin were about to turn back on him with some kunai, but drew back as his fists smashed down on the sand. It seemed like they didn't like the looks of his fists. Anyis also took the direct approach towards the Megalians, having Magna throw her directly into the group, resulting in her icy fist dealing massive damage to them, causing them to disintegrate fairly quickly to her gusto-filled attacks.

-- ENEMIES --
Skeeto A: DELETED
Skeeto B: 15 HP [High Alt/Front]
Skeeto C: DELETED
Skeeto D: 80 HP [High Alt/Left]
Skeeto E: 15 HP [High Alt/Right]
Skeeto F: 15 HP [High Alt/Right]
Megalian-F2 A: DELETED
Megalian-F2 B: DELETED
Megalian-F2 C: DELETED

Genin2 A: DELETED
Genin2 B: 140 HP [Behind Boulder B]
Genin2 C: 140 HP [Behind Boulder C]
LowBlow A: DELETED
LowBlow B: DELETED
LowBlow C: DELETED
RareVacuumFan: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Large Boulder G: 199 HP [Anchored/StoneBody]

-- ALLIES --
Anyis.EXE: 190 HP [80HP Barrier]
Magna.SP: 80 HP [3-Hit Shield]

Damascus.SP: 60 HP [IronBody - Action 1 Expire]

Djinni.EXE: 160 HP [Shadow - Action 2 Expire]

-- TERRAIN/CONDITIONS --
95% Sand
5% Glass (GeninA's former position)
Weather: Sandstorm [2 Turns] - Accuracy -10% To-All
Anyis raised her armored hand to dust the sand off her robe collected during the scuffle with the Megalians, but... there wasn't a single grain anywhere on her. A bewildered look spread across her face for a moment before she realized that Magna's barrier was still around her, warding off the churning sandstorm. Out of curiosity, Anyis reached out to its edge, and... there wasn't even a scratch on it? "What the hell...? Jeez, those glowing faces really sucked." sighed Anyis, disappointed in the lack of resistance from the Megalian trio.

"What, you wanted to get hit?" questioned Mill, surprised by how his Navi could even complain about that result. "I mean, if you really wanted, I could just-"

"No thank you!" interjected Anyis curtly, not wanting to know how far Mill was going to take that. "I'm just thinking that I might be too good at this, you know?" Failing to specify what 'this' was, Anyis turned around to examine the states of her allies' fights. Djinni and her little pet rocks were still dealing with those flying bug things, MeleeMan was throwing punches at the ninjas, and Damascus seemed to have destroyed... whatever those where. Anyis never got a good look at them before, so she couldn't remember a thing about them now that they were gone. MeleeMan seemingly destroyed the Fan judging by the smoldering wreckage where it once was, though apparently that virus wasn't causing this sandstorm after all. Oh well, couldn't have expected much since she so graciously made a path for MeleeM... wait... "Mill, why is that rock still there?" Anyis asked, pointing to the boulder that had once defended the RareVacuumFan.

"The Rockcube barely did any damage, so I guess the boulder is just really sturdy." shrugged Mill in response, not really caring since the virus behind it was already gone.

"... Oh hell no. Give me the BigHammer." commanded Anyis.

"... What? Why? I doubt MeleeMan wants help, and a melee chip like that wouldn't-"

"To destroy that stupid rock!" barked Anyis indignantly, insulted by the boulder's survival.

"... Whatever, the others seem to be handling things okay..." sighed Mill before abiding by his Navi's orders. He just had the feeling that Anyis wasn't going to be of any more help this fight until she got this out of her system.

Anyis gripped the large mallet with both hands as soon as it materialized, and began marching across the sandy battlefield towards the lifeless object that insulted her so. There were still a good six viruses left to defeat, but nope, Anyis was dedicated to destroying this harmless boulder. Once she came to stand over it, Anyis scowled as she stared at the solid rock. "What makes you so cocky to think you can stop me? Hmm?" chided Anyis as she lightly tapped the side of the boulder with her hammer. "You're just a rock. Just a rock... It's ridiculous for you to try and be more than that." It's not trying to be anything but a boulder, Anyis. "We're not equals, you see? You're a rock, and I'm me. It's obvious that we're on totally different levels." Why do you need to say it, then? "You tried to be all noble-like, protecting that virus... Unfortunately, life can just be cruel sometimes. There are some people you just can't go against. As it would turn out, I am one of those people."

"... Can you wrap this up sometime today?" groaned Mill, who couldn't do much else but shake his head over all this.

"... Fine." replied Anyis, who after all that bluster, unceremoniously raised the BigHammer over her head and slammed it down on the boulder. "What now?"

"You're asking me that? Just go like... help MeleeMan or Djinni, or something." answered Mill flatly.

"Yeah, okay. Lemme just... Ugh... Stupid sandstorm!" complained Anyis, after combat against a particularly strong blast of sand against her barrier. "All this sand is really starting to get on my nerves...! Maybe I should just..." She gave herself a moment of pause, remembering that both MeleeMan and Djinni were Fire element and probably weren't very comfortable with Snow. Well, okay, Anyis wasn't worried about MeleeMan all that much, and Djinni... she had created all that Coal earlier, didn't she? Yeah, all of Anyis's sympathy and restraint was out the window now. She stuck her gauntlet-clad hands straight up into the air and slowly dragged them back down, as if clawing at something in the air.

Well, really, she was. Anyis was forcefully tearing a large chunk of ice from the ghost data above, and letting it break apart and fall down to the ground as snow. Lots and lots of snow. Everything became snow. "That... is better." sighed Anyis letting her arms fall to her sides as she proudly examined the winter wonderland she had created in the heart of Netfrica. As she did, though, her ears caught a weird sound from nearby. "...?" She looked around, eventually pinpointing it to the next boulder over, which was... green. Really green. "What the... Hey Magna, get over here for a minute!" shouted Anyis over to her SP, figuring he was better suited to handle large boulders without... well, destroying them immediately.

Magna to this point had just been watching since there really weren't any viruses targeting him, but quickly nodded at the Mother Unit's command and... went nowhere. As was usually the case with Anyis's snow, he had sunked about a foot into it. It was really quite a miracle that he wasn't already doing this in the sand. "... Operator, I request some assistance."

"Oh, right, forgot about that... Here you go. I figure we don't need the drill at this point." answered Mill, who sent Magna his Plow GMO to conquer the powdery terrain.

Magna's base unit swapped out with the large snow plow almost immediately, causing the SP to take up a significantly greater amount of space since this attachment was full scale. Needing to become a giant plow just to traverse snow was quite unwieldy, but at least it worked. Magna churned his way through snow without much trouble to arrive next to the Mother Unit. "How may I be of service, Mother Unit?"

"Pick up this rock for me. It's making weird noises." ordered Anyis, explaining with a reason that really didn't justify her command at all.

"Understood, Mother Unit." replied Magna, who reached down to the green boulder and... couldn't reach it. His plow base was too big, so his arms, still at their regular size, couldn't reach the ground. "..." Well, this was awkward. "Operator..."

"Fixing..." sighed Mill in defeat, realizing there just wasn't anything he could do about this dumb situation but work with it.

Just as quickly as it had come, Magna's plow base vanished in favor of his default, allowing the golem SP to reach down and pick up the rock without much effort. The noises continued from the object, though no one really expected it to just stop so simply. "Will that be all, Mother Unit?"

"Yeah, just hold it like that..." responded Anyis, as she leaned in to get a better look at the rock. She poked it a few times, albeit to no effect. "... Well, I only know one way to stop something from making weird noises." announced Anyis, who explained her meaning by smacking the green boulder with her gauntlet once... twice... three times... She wasn't going to stop, was she?

Anyis's Actions:
1) Approach Large Boulder G (Movement)
2) BigHammer1 (160 damage [A], Break, Impact) @ Large Boulder G
3) Spirit Duster (Stage Change Snow Terrain, 3TCD)
4) Approach Green Boulder (Movement)
5) Smack Green Boulder until it shuts up (???)

Magna's Actions:
--Equip Plow.GMO
1) Approach Green Boulder (Movement)
--Unequip Plow.GMO
2) Pick up Green Boulder
3) Hold Green Boulder until Mother Unit makes it shut up (???)
MeleeMan grimaced, noticing his fist had come up two dead ninjas short from his intended goal. "Dammit, ninjas! Quit hopping around!" he roared, bounding after the group with another areagrab. "You can't run from me!"

With MeleeMan thus occupied, Damascus drank in the bloodfrags of her fallen enemies, spreading her cloak out around her voluptuous figure as she parted both arms from her body. "Perhaps you're right, Szand. Perhaps it is best to leave fighting to those incapable of doing anything else. But still, this blissful feeling... Nothing could ever match it," she commented with a wide, evil-looking smile, staring at the ground where her foes had been alive a moment earlier.

"If you've got time to talk to yourself, come help me mop up the frickin' ninjas!" MeleeMan called out to her, looking somewhat comical as he chased after them with his fiery jump-jets. Damascus shrugged, mouthing something to him about being on cooldown and focusing on her defense. He pressed one hand to his fleshy face, dragged it downward, then promptly released it. "Okay, whatever! I can do this myself."

As MeleeMan came down on the Genins, he attempted to reach out and grab one with both hands. Waves of heat began to radiate from his gauntlets, shooting outward in funnels of searing, suffocatingly hot air. "I've been wanting to do this for a while now, actually!" he laughed, trying to scoop up the little virus while emitting the heatwaves. Effortlessly, unaware of whether he'd actually even grabbed it, he raised his arms above his head, then jumped backwards, slamming both shoulders and load into the ground headfirst, such that anything unfortunate enough to be picked up would be crushed under his head and back.

With that done, he effortlessly rolled back into ready position, preparing the firehits his operator had already wisely slotted in to him. Without saying anything more, he released a flurry of fiery swipes towards the other Genin: one left-to-right, the next right-to-left, then a low-to-high uppercut. Gritting his teeth, he held his gauntlet up and shook it, expelling a tremendous amount of smoke. "Hot damn! That's getting to be a little toasty even for yours truly," he grumbled.

MeleeMan
1) AreaGrab towards Genin group [Accuracy UP + teleport (dodge)]
*) Melee subtype Bash to next attack [+impact]
2) Heatwave Suplex @ GeninA [180 melee, A+ accuracy + impact + stun, 6 TCD]
3) FireHit1 @ GeninB [85 fire melee, A++ boosted accuracy + impact]
4) FireHit1 Double Attack @ GeninB [85 fire melee, A++ boosted accuracy + impact]
*) Red Rage to next attack [30 strengthen]
5) FireHit1 @ GeninB [115 fire melee, A++ boosted accuracy + impact]

Damascus
1) Dodge
2) Dodge
"Hahahaha!" Djinni giggled out loud while the Skeetos were busy puncturing her practically-invulnerable body, "You're tickling!" The feeling of being touched was still there, but hardly noticeable and all that remained was a tickling feeling. She could feel her body reverting to its normal usual state after the Skeetos were done with their attacks, maybe too confused about it all to continue, and smiled behind her mask because they were now properly damaged for her to cut them up. But before doing so, she turned to look at her SPs. It was at that point she noticed that Fhyre was completely slumped against the floor in a rather lifeless state. "Szand!" she shouted at her male companion, "Is Fhyre alright!?"

At the surface, Szand glanced at Fhyre after putting her down on the floor. He wasn't too sure about the situation and he shifted his core upwards as if he was trying to search for Na'im and an answer. "I'm not sure," he said, although not loud enough for Djinni to hear it. From Efreet, Szand had inherited the intelligence but he wasn't capable of distinguishing the reason of Fhyre's state. "I am not sure!" he shouted at Djinni, "But you handle those flies! I'll keep an eye on Fhyre!" Having uttered those words, he turned his eyes to Fhyre. "Don't get me wrong," he spoke at Fhyre, not knowing if she could hear him or not, "It's not like I want to keep an eye on you. But you're still a relative."

"He acts mean," Djinni said with a smile, keeping her words to herself, "But he does care about us." She slammed her fists together, turning her focus to the Skeeto viruses around her and grinned wide beneath the mask. "Na'im, send me ehm..." she started, thinking on the chips she'd like, "How about those ninja weapons, more fire and some lava?" In the end, it was only a vague preference.

"Huh?" Na'im muttered as he looked up. While Djinni was fighting, while Szand was talking, even when Djinni's allies were fighting, he had been staring at a screen on Fhyre's data. "Sure," he replied and took the chips Djinni had asked for." Slotting them in one by one with one hand, his other hand opened the screen to Fhyre's data again. "She's this inactive, but... Her data is surging like mad. If I had to guess, it'd be equal to the activity of Djinni's core. I guess the Efreet program has a hand in this, but it'll have to wait," he thought, his eyes glancing at Rania and Mill.

"OK!" Djinni exclaimed and held her fist out at the viruses, "I got my weaponry, so let's e-" Djinni's words were cut short by a sudden wave of cold sweeping into the air. Along the sand of the Fan's lingering storm there were definite traces of snow, which made sense as Djinni quickly took in the sight below her. "It's... Snow..." she muttered, noticing Anyis doing something with the green boulder. "Why'd you have to do that!?" she shouted at Anyis, "Now it's cold!"

Instinctively Djinni wrapped her arms around her bosom and quickly noticed the effect of the cold on her ample chest. Something was poking into her arms. "Noooo, this isn't fuuun..." Djinni whined. She let her arms go, leaving her chest out in the open and then realized she was still not alone. "Stop staring!" she shouted, reaching between her breasts and pulling out three kunai. But sliding out of her cleavage after the kunai were three paper tags that were attached to the back of each kunai with a string. "Burn away!" she exclaimed, throwing the kunai with ninja-esque speed at three of the Skeetos. Mid-flight, the tags activated and lit each kunai on fire. Still bothered by the cold, she pulled on her cape and tried to wrap her body in it. In the end only her chest poked out obviously while her arms and shoulders were covered. "Stupid Anyis..." she muttered and shuffled around in her cape for a moment before bringing out her right arm. Her entire lower arm was covered in lava rock, in the shape of a cannon, and she aimed at the one Skeeto she hadn't attacked yet. A burst of lava exploded from Djinni's cannon, quickly followed by another attack of the same nature. Having depleted the data of her chips, she quickly slid her arm back into the comfortable confines of her cape.

Summary

D1. Kunai1 [30 DMG; 3 Hits; Variable Targetting; Slashing; B Accuracy; Ranged] @ SkeetoB/E/F
D2. FireBurn1 [50 FIRE; Strikes Up To Three Enemies; A Accuracy; Ranged] @ SkeetoB/E/F
D3. LavaCannon1 [90 FIRE; User on Lava Panels: +40; B Accuracy; Ranged] @ SkeetoD
D4. LavaCannon1 [90 FIRE; User on Lava Panels: +40; B Accuracy; Ranged] @ SkeetoD
F1. Dodge
F2. Dodge
S1. Dodge
S2. Dodge
Okay sheesh they're deaaaaad what more do you want. Anyis inexplicably turns the sandstorm into a snowstorm, MeleeMan pounds some hurt into a few Genin, and Djinni burns up some mosquitoes.

Also the green boulder thing breaks up into a shiny crystal from Anyis' pounding. Still doesn't stop humming, though.

-- ENEMIES --
Skeeto A: DELETED
Skeeto B: DELETED
Skeeto C: DELETED
Skeeto D: DELETED
Skeeto E: DELETED
Skeeto F: DELETED
Megalian-F2 A: DELETED
Megalian-F2 B: DELETED
Megalian-F2 C: DELETED

Genin2 A: DELETED
Genin2 B: DELETED
Genin2 C: DELETED
LowBlow A: DELETED
LowBlow B: DELETED
LowBlow C: DELETED
RareVacuumFan: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Large Boulder G: MAXIMUM VIOLENCE

-- ALLIES --
Anyis.EXE: 190 HP [80HP Barrier]
Magna.SP: 80 HP [3-Hit Shield]

Damascus.SP: 60 HP

Djinni.EXE: 160 HP

-- TERRAIN/CONDITIONS --
100% Snow
Weather: Snowstorm [1 Turns] - Accuracy -10% To-All

-- ROGUE TEAM BATTLE 03, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

MeleeMan: [AirStorm2] Battlechip, 2405z, 10 Djinni FXP, 9 Anyis FXP, 35 BugFrags
Anyis: 2960z, 9 Melee FXP, 9 Djinni FXP, 35 BugFrags
Djinni: [Drain2] Battlechip, 2405z, 10 Melee FXP, 9 Anyis FXP, 35 BugFrags

[Open GMD? Y/N]
The exterior rock gave way to the green Mystery Data, but the object itself was not what Anyis was concerned with. It was that damned, godforsaken humming! "Argh, stupid green thing! Shut up already!" shouted Anyis at the MD, as if that was going to help anything.

"Mother Unit, should I-"

"Just hold it still for a second!" answered Anyis before Magna could even ask the question. Without any regard for caution, Anyis pulled her fist back and gave the humming device a solid punch right in its center. If that didn't shut it up, then Anyis was just ready to throw it at MeleeMan and make it his problem.

(Open GMD)
The Mystery Data immediately shattered with Anyis' pummeling to reveal...

[GMD: [Discord] Battlechip]
"Well, that explains the humming." announced Mill, as Anyis begrudgingly held the Discord chip data in her hand. "It wasn't the rock itself making the noise, but the chip data within."

Anyis just stared at the compressed Discord for a moment, weighing the present options in her mind. Ultimately... "That... doesn't make it any less annoying!" shouted Anyis, turning around arbitrarily and hurling the chip data off into the distance. As things would have it, the "distance" was actually in Djinni's direction.

"..." Mill didn't really have the words to respond to that, so all he did was put a hand to his face and sigh.

Anyis and Magna went on to collect their less-noisy rewards, only for that to be followed by more sounds, this time a blaring announcement across the local area. "ATTENTION, ALL EMPLOYEES. THE TRANSPORT ROUTE AREAS HAVE BEEN SUFFICIENTLY CLEARED. ALL COMBAT NAVIS SHOULD NOW JACK OUT. DATA TRANSPORT WILL BEGIN IN 10 MINUTES."

"... That was it? Lame." groaned Anyis in response to their work being finished.

"There were several dozen Navi units working in tandem towards this task, Mother Unit. Good logistic organization can expedite a planned process several fold." explained Magna.

"Like I care about that, I just was expecting something more exciting out of this." shrugged Anyis in response as she walked back over to her allies. "Well, you heard it, we're done here. That is, unless you want to stay and drown in an industrial datastream..." she said in particular to MeleeMan. Djinni was still flying above their heads, so Anyis had to look up and shout, "Good work up there!" to her, "... For a cow." Obviously, that last bit was just under Anyis's own breath and out of anyone's earshot. With that, though, Anyis felt like she had said her piece, and thus motioned for Mill to jack her out.

(Jack Out)
"Datastream? Screw that, I'm outta here," MeleeMan barked in response. The last thing he needed was to be within ten feet of anything like a stream. "I hate streams."

Damascus drained up her bugfrags greedily, keeping her eyes on Djinni's SPs as she did. "Something's clearly wrong with Fhyre. The lack of care that navis and operators show for these ones called SPs is shameful," she thought to herself, narrowing her eyes with displeasure.

"Didn't you hear Anyis? There's a giant, stupid stream coming through here in a few minutes! You don't want to fool around and drown, do you?" MeleeMan grumbled. "Let's go!"

Nodding, Damascus followed her master out of the net.

((Jacking out))